President Donald Trump Memorial Day Speech – May 29th, 2017 Arlington…

President Donald J Trump delivers remarks in Arlington Cemetery honoring our nations finest and bravest on Memorial Day:

This entry was posted in Heros, Military, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to President Donald Trump Memorial Day Speech – May 29th, 2017 Arlington…

1. MakeAmericaGreat says:

An excellent speech, by someone who truly cares for this nation and its soldiers.

Thank you to those who have serve and served, and thanks to all of their families, as well.

We will never forget the sacrifices you have made.

2. NJF says:

3. Kaco says:

Thank you to all the courageous soldiers who fell in serving our country. We remember and honor their bravery and sacrifice. May God bless their families and give them peace.

4. Pam says:

Ok folks, have your kleenex handy.

5. SBarrett says:

During the national anthem, only a few removed hats and placed their hands on their hearts..most too busy taking videos and pictures…after just hearing of the sacrifices of the fallen one would hope for more.

6. fleporeblog says:

What an absolutely incredible speech! Our President does such an incredible job whenever he speaks about our military men and women in his speech. What he said to Secretary Kelly and his wife was so touching. As well as the beautiful wife that lost her husband. I adored the words of the soldier that fought in the Civil War. This man feels their pain and is in a position to make a difference in their lives as well as our lives!

7. Karan Hamel says:

Read and watch, War. Its about the us military fighting in the Korengal Valley in Afghanistan. Its is a game changer for us who have never served. It is everything. It is heart wrenching. It is a must. Nothing else matters when you read and watch. God bless our military.

8. Oldschool says:

I simply cannot remember a CIC in my lifetime express such sincere emotion, love and compassion for our beloved military and the families who are left to endure their loss. We are so blessed to have these patriots, all. Thank you Lord.

9. quintrillion says:

music video – Soldiers of America – Madison Rising

10. Joan says:

How lucky we are that we have this wonderful President.

11. Sayit2016 says:

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”

To: All military families and our beloved troops serving and those that have served around the globe, we thank and honor you for your service and love of country. We pray for your safety. We weep with those families whose loved ones did not come home as those are OUR sons and daughters, fathers, uncles, aunts as well. I ask that God give you the peace that passes all understanding. I pray that God give you the comfort only he can. I look forward to the day when all souls are united with loved ones in heaven. That will be a glorious day ! Amen.

12. fangdog says:

It is a shame the lives lost saving our Country and freedoms, also saves freedoms for undeserving Libtards.

• dalethorn says:

There is a law, always was a law, that every man had to register for military service, and the duration is 6 years. It would be good to somehow make these new generations of young people do some of that service.

13. MOA says:

This bombastic NY street talking property developer who changes negotiating positions like a businessman who has no time for political fools is a patriot. That’s all I need to know in the end.

It’s the core reason the left hate his guts.

14. WeThePeople2016 says:

This was a moving, well-thought out speech that was delivered with deep caring and understanding. It is so nice to have a President again that truly respects our military and their families.

15. AmyB says:

BakoCarl posted a wonderful poem on another thread today. It made me think of my father and the great VFW men that presented him with military honors at his funeral with just his family in attendance.

My dad had suffered a stroke, after which he was diagnosed with cancer and given just 6 weeks to live. Before that day, we had no idea he was sick. His liver was compromised by the cancer, causing the stroke. I brought him to my home to spend as much time with him as possible. The only damage caused by the stroke was aphasia. Some of the words he spoke were not real words and the real words he did use were spoken repetitively and out of context. Communication those last few weeks was difficult, to say the least. However, we did have one conversation that was clear as a bell. I had to tell him he wasn’t going to get better. He asked me what was going to happen to him. Honestly, I believe God was with us in that room and he allowed us to understand each other. I told my dad that he would be buried in the veterans cemetery in our town and after that moment, he was at peace. That was our one and only conversation spoken normally following his stroke.

Little did I know that my father’s military records, along with millions of others, had been destroyed in a fire in 1973 in St Louis. If we had had more time, his record could have been reconstructed and he would have been allowed to be buried in the cemetery. But I was told that it was simply not possible to have him certified in a few weeks.

The only thing I could think of was to call the local VFW center and ask for help. My father was buried next to an old country church not far from my house. Five gentlemen from the VFW took time out of their lives to present a fellow veteran of a foreign war full military honors at his graveside. I think my dad would have been pleased. I know I’ll never be able to thank those men enough for what they did for him.

• dalethorn says:

Thank you. That’s the best thing I’ve read today.

• 17CatsInTN says:

Thank you for sharing that moving story.

I had a similar experience with my mother who was a WWII vet. The year before she died, I called the local Marine Corps station and asked if it was possible to send someone to greet her and present her with a Marine Corps flag for her surprise 87th birthday party at the senior day care center she attended. Well, not only did they send out a Marine, but it was a woman Lt. Colonel. I will never, ever forget the honor and respect she paid to my mother who was touched, overwhelmed and so very proud. Not only that, the officer made it a point to greet every vet in that room, over a dozen of them, and thank each one for their service.

I am telling you It was an act of respect I will always cherish….and, yes, blubber over. 🙂 Semper Fi to all Marines everywhere. You are truly the best of the best.

16. RJ says:

President Trump gave a wonderful and sincere speech today. I watched the ceremonies on CSPAN and was proud of how our President met with the families of our fallen soldiers.

17. duchess01 says:

MONDAY, MAY 29, 2017
    Memorial Day Tribute | Mansions of the Lord | Hillsdale College

Memorial Day Tribute | Mansions of the Lord | Hillsdale College

18. paulraven1 says:

What a beautiful speech. Have we ever had a more expressively loving president?

19. Betty Seamand says:

A wonderful, stirring speech by our President. Fortunately, I came across it and had the privilege to hear it live! So disappointed that there was no mention of it before or after on the mainstream media! Proud of our President!