First Lady Melania Trump – A Stunning Siren Wows Europe…

It is almost unfair to present a compare and contrast amid various power-play scenarios when the characters within the comparisons are titans of industry and the puppets known as politicians.  Rex Tillerson, Wilbur Ross, Steven Mnuchin and Donald Trump will forget more about titanic power-playing warfare than any of their current political colleagues will ever know; it’s the underpinning of their capacity to outwit all opponents.

The inequity factor increases when the worlds merge and one of the most instinctually well versed industrial titans decides to enter the sphere of politics.  However, when the life-long instincts of the Titanic spouse(s) are contrast with the spouses of the professional political class, well, the inequity of the dynamic rises exponentially.

It is not coincidental that amid the G7 group Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and President Trump are both friends, giants in capitalistic enterprise, and -quite simply- in a league of their own.   The same exponential contrast of significance exhibits itself with first spouses Melania Trump and Akie Abe.

Trying to avoid another day of unspoken embarrassment, the French political team -always keenly aware of the presentation- have instructed their first lady Mrs. Macron, to avoid any optics where she will be photographed and compared to Melania Trump.

During the first ladies outing today President Emmanuel Macron’s wife, Mrs. Brigitte Macron, was notably avoiding any possibility where she would be contrast against the stunning imagery of First Lady Melania Trump.

Too funny.

This entry was posted in G7, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

390 Responses to First Lady Melania Trump – A Stunning Siren Wows Europe…

1. Phil aka Felipe says:

What’s that phrase? Oh, yeah. What is it? Now, I think I remember. “Trophy Wife”?

YEAH! YEAH! THAT’S IT! TROPHY WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Rex Brocki says:

You are only partially correct, friend Phil, Melania IS a trophy wife, true, but she is also that far rarer combination, a trophy wife AND a blue ribbon wife (see: https://www.garynorth.com/public/15600.cfm ). I am incredibly lucky and blessed myself in that I have such a wife… and I can see it in others… such as our magnificent present First Lady, who in my opinion is the first in generations to deserve the title… just as her magnificent husband is the first in generations to deserve the office.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

Well, the good news is I have a Trophy Wife who is also a Blue Ribbon Wife. I’m blessed like President Trump and good ole Rex! 😉

I married ‘up’, that’s for sure.

• George says:

All I got was a rock.

• ladypenquin says:

OF course, this is a man’s conversation going here, but as a woman, I get what you mean, and for the first time realize that the stereotype of “trophy wife” is not one size fits all. Donald Trump, in his own way, isn’t some ‘old guy’ and Melania isn’t a woman who would have cared about having a rich husband. Her brilliance alone makes her extraordinary, and the loveliness of her heart would make her a ‘prize’ indeed for any man.

We’ll just say that somehow, someway, these two were meant to be together, same as several of you all noted about your marriages. 🙂

• shallbe4 says:

Melania Trump has 11 Million dollars. So she is very independent. Gorgeous yes but nobody’s trophy wife.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I didn’t realize she was so wealthy herself. Thanks for sharing.

I really love Melania. She makes me want to push even further ahead myself as a woman.

• She is woman who knows exactly how society operates and how to make the right impression on the right people.

• If you mean Melania no way. A trophy wife is picked to be eye candy on an older guy’s arm. Melania has brains, beauty, a kind heart and a strong moral character. Donald Trump fell in love with a unique individual not a piece of eye candy. Meanwhile we all get to enjoy the beauty part.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

No. By Trophy Wife I mean someone representing accomplishment (in every sense that matters) that deserves to be in the spotlight, proudly displayed for all the world to see and admire.

• Well in that unique sense I do agree with you, but you are not using a standard meaning for the phrase and will give the wrong impression. To call some one a trophy wife is a slur.
          tro·phy wife
          ˈtrōfē ˌwīf/
          noun informal derogatory
          noun: trophy wife; plural noun: trophy wives
          a young, attractive wife regarded as a status symbol for an older man.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

Well, I’m right in either case, unless you deny that Melania is ‘eye candy’ or that she is a “young(er), attractive wife regarded as a status symbol for an older man.”

1. She IS eye candy
            2. She IS a status symbol for an older man, Trump.

But, she is much more as I said in my first response to you and as Rex Brocki posted.

Sorry I did not use the “standard meaning for the phrase and will give the wrong impression.”

I guess Trump and I have something in common. Sometimes, we give the wrong impression with the things we say without the intent to do so.

• shallbe4 says:

Melania is 45 years old. She is beautiful inside and out and if you define a Trophy Wife as someone very special yes she is. But she is too smart and too independent to be a Trophy Wife.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

“if you define a Trophy Wife as someone very special yes she is” = Melania Trump

• law4lifeblog says:

FLOTUS turned 47 on April 26….same day my mom would have turned 87.

• ladypenquin says:

I just learned today that she is 47. Needless to say, had no idea of her age, but wouldn’t have thought it. It’s clear that she is a unique and special lady, and both President Trump and her found each other (and happiness) in the craziness of this world.

• nwtex says:

Very true,growltiggerknits. Trophy wife is a disparaging remark. I have never heard it used any other way.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

You heard it used another way for the first time today. 🙂

• nwtex says:

Yes, I did and that is unfortunate. The First Lady deserves better.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

What’s unfortunate? That I meant in a complimentary way? You’re right, though. Melania deserves better than the meaning you attach to the phrase.

• ladypenquin says:

One could think of her as a “Prize” for any good and decent man. It is an old-fashioned way of thinking, and of course political correctness has “cured” of us of all that old-fashioned phrasing, but it goes all the way back to medieval times, and doesn’t carry the negative connotation that “trophy wife” carries in our modern society.

Some of us around here even know the meaning of the old, old western phrase, “setting one’s cap” – and what a “Hope Chest” was. 🙂 But there was a time when our culture had both.

• G. Combs says:

Agreed. I hate the words Trophy wife as attached to Melania.

• Jimmy Jack says:

Perfect description.

• daughnworks247 says:

No, you didn’t go there Phil……
      Melania was a multi-millionaire by age 35 BEFORE she met Trump.
      Successful in her own right.
      DO NOT underestimate Melania.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

I meant it as a compliment. I DO NOT underestimate Melania!

Thanks for taking me to the woodshed. I won’t do it anymore. Boo-Hoo.

• I know you didn’t, you were saying Trump had won the trophy by finding such a lovely, talented, intelligent, kind and warm hearted lady. Just an unfortunate way to express it. You are not alone, we all have been there.

• Melissa Khan says:

At least it’s a 1st place trophy….the others all got “participation” trophy wives.

• Twyla J Killmer says:

I don’t think so. Melania is her own person. She speaks 5 languages, has her own business. Doesn’t sound like a trophy wife to me!

2. somaspecialist says:

The quote of day….

So true…come to LA and this all you see

• psadie says:

Those two against the experience of Trump and his Cabinet is laughable…they don’t know what the hell they are doing for they do as TOLD.

• ladypenquin says:

I’m still trying to figure out what happened to our society (or Europe for that matter) – something in the water? How did we end up with a society bent on being metrosexual, androgynous, pajama boy populated? I mean how does one show their grandchildren pictures of such pathetic living? It’s clear these are people who just don’t want to grow up, clinging to some childhood existence.

• RG says:

It is a disgusting style that has taken our world by storm. Where have all the real men who look like men gone? I remember shopping one day at Dillards and they have a metrosexual display of clothing on male mannequins on the floor. It stopped me cold in my tracks and I even took pictures. I could not believe what I was seeing but now, it is everywhere. It really is disgusting to see little boys looking like toys instead of real men.

3. MfM says:

This is an article I was able to find about First Lady clothing. It covers Michelle Obama but also writes about the boycott of designers who have said they don’t want to work with Melania.

What it seems to come down to is the First Lady has several options – buy the clothing/shoes/accessories themselves (maybe at a discount), be ‘lent’ them for events and then return them to the makers or lastly have the clothing donated to the USA for their use and then they are stored by the National Archives.

There maybe other options since Jackie Kennedy had some of her clothing bought by her father and given to her as a personal gift. Whatever option/s Melania is using, I’m sure everything will be clear and above board.

• Nunya Bidness says:

It does not appear that Melania has had any trouble finding suitable clothes with which to knock the socks off everyone.

• All American Snowflake says:

Well I certainly hope some of Mrs. Trump’s clothes are donated to the USA. That would put them in the National Archives for posterity. Beautiful for situation.

• LULU says:

She’s probably wearing the same kind of clothes that she’s been wearing (before the White House). And paying for them, as she always has. She is the wife of a very, very wealthy man!

Other First Ladies may have had other arrangements.

• MfM says:

As Melania Trump she could wear the same dress for numerous occasions. As First Lady Melania Trump everything she does will be talked about and discussed. I’m sure she will be buying many clothing herself, that she will wear repeatedly. Other clothing are more ‘one of a kind’ and she might not want to wear them again.

The other possibility is that something may either not feel comfortable or not really look as good as she thought and she doesn’t want to keep it. She has great fashion sense and knows what works for her.

As long as she keeps everything above board and within the same rules as other First Ladies no one except those on the left will/should have a problem with it.

• justfactsplz says:

First Lady Melania doesn’t have to resort to options. She is rich enough to buy her own wardrobe and knows what she wants. She can design her own and a good seamstress can make them for her. She has a great sense of personal style. There are a couple of designers who gladly work with her and want her to wear their clothing. Who needs the rest of them? They can go pound sand. I don’t see that First Lady Melania would even consider borrowing clothing like Mooch did. She has way too much class and doesn’t expect favors. Mooch demanded favors.

4. MIKE says:

I know those Army guys are definitely, “ten-hut”

5. md070264 says:

Melania could wear a potato sack and still make the others look like crapola.

6. elleb77 says:

To the army guys, “It’s a tough job but somebody’s gotta do it !”

7. elleb77 says:

Man, (used appropriately), that Macron thing is U – G – L – Y !!! Just sayin.

8. Sheri says:

It has been a delight to watch the First Lady conduct herself in such a beautiful, fashionable, elegant, and above all, gracious way. One could tell she would be an elegant FLOTUS without knowing much about her. Now I can see she is a humble, gracious, highly intelligent and devout woman, too. Wow, just wow. (BTW, first comment but I’ve been lurking for years. Hi Treepers! 🙂

9. indiana08 says:

First Lady Melania Trump is one of those rare combinations of grace, kindness, brains and beauty. As a patriot, I voted for Donald Trump for his policies. As a woman, I voted for Donald Trump because I think Melania is stunning and will enjoy the next 7+ years of seeing what the First Lady will be wearing. She is so stunningly beautiful that she could wear a paper bag to a State dinner and many women will say “Where can I get one of those paper bags the First Lady is wearing. I need one too!”.

• lorenetn says:

I agree.

I have never paid much attention to what 1st ladies wear, except for Mouchelle/Michael. That one kept making me mad because I didn’t think it was right to take the drapes from the white house and make dresses out of them. It certainly appeared that was happening.

With Melania, I can’t wait to see what she will wear next. Outfit after outfit is so beautiful and classy. Makes me smile.

• Y2K says:

To be fair, the sales of vacuum cleaner bags went up when Hillary started wearing them in public.

• Beverly says:

Ma Clinton preferred Potholder Pantsuits and Chairman Mao outfits. UGH

• As much as I detest Hillary Clinton, I won’t criticize her hair or clothing. To each her own. Personally, I haven’t worn a dress for years because fighting with hose is a nightmare. To me, the biggest improvement Melania makes is not her fashion style, but that she doesn’t lecture us. Please, no more First Ladies overstepping their roles!!

• shallbe4 says:

Indiana I haven’t enjoyed a first lady’s clothes so much since Jackie. Melania speaking 5 languages is the icing on the cake. I was so moved when she worked with the hospitalized Italian children and spoke to them in their own language. If the Media would give up the Russian Trump election story which is going nowhere they would find tuns of lovely stories about Trump and Melania.

• RG says:

It was so sad to what one of those 24/7 channels yesterday where they actually had to generate opinions to take up the time and space. They sound so silly. Time to find some good re-runs of westerns or cop shows and kill some of that time and space until real news appears. That could make their shows better and no so redundant. I really don’t care what some rich kid thinks about most issues in the world. Give me real news.
        BTW, I turned my TV off and used the internet and phone calls to friends to spend my day. Less TV and more personal research on the internet – that’s my way.

10. MOA says:

Great dignity too, which is even more important.
    But…how is that ‘looks’ thing relevant to worth? Melania seems intelligent and thoughtful and worthy……..but that gets me thinking about the subject…….the unfortunate American predilection to assign worth and wisdom to Hollywood airheads much less intelligent than my duck dogs on the basis of how they ‘look’ is an American cultural thing. And probably incurable.

• Sylvia Avery says:

MOA you are right, of course. I keep babbling on about Melania’s appearance and clothing because I can’t seem to find the right words to fully express what I am perceiving about her intellect, character, sense of refinement just by what she wears and how she presents herself.

But also, it may seem trivial and superficial, but clothing does matter in this way. Melania is along for the ride as the First Lady. She isn’t giving the speeches and making policy. And yet, she is representing us. So what is allowed/permitted/expected? That she show up and hopefully make us look good. Each outfit she has selected has made a statement about the people she is visiting, the situation she is in, how the world sees her husband, her country, and herself. She has shown that she is smart enough to assess each of these appearances and the complexities of them and demonstrate that understanding by what she wears. That is a lot to get across in a subtle yet effective way. I think a lot of people are “hearing” what she is saying whether they understand exactly how she is getting her message out there or not. Amazing.

• formerdem says:

Yes, what i see is that she is always thinking how to use her beautifully dressed self as a means to speak his message, wordless but very compelling. I like to puzzle out what she has done each time.

• RG says:

Let’s face the fact that a majority of Americans dress like they are working in a garden or not visible to other people. I even hate it when my own husband is roughly clothed. It doesn’t make me feel special in any way…just yesterday he wore an undershirt and I questioned why he didn’t put on a true shirt. Some days he just gets lazy.

On another note, we have several decades of folks who believe that their tattoos are fashion. I ask, fashion to who? I was taught that tattoos were usually a sign of low class and I truly believe it. I suppose it is a sign of rebellion but rebellion against what? Once the tattoo is applied, it is FOREVER! I know about laser removal, but it is costly and takes a long time, if it works at all. I avoid people with tattoos and that is how I deal with it. My own daughter got a couple and then her and Dad and I went nuclear and saved her from destroying her body. She keeps them covered in my presence and she even admits 19 years later that she wished she hadn’t gotten them. They just don’t wear well at many functions when visible…those that are private are just that, private.

• sturmudgeon says:

Right!..but our initial reaction when we meet someone, is the ‘visual’… and of course, in the Hollywood folks, they generally ‘play’ unreal persons, so the adolation is undeserved when evaluating the real persons… The Trumps, IMO, in reality, come across as good people..

• auntiefran413 says:

Just curious…what would your duck dogs have had to “say” about Michelle getting off Air Force One in a pair of cut-offs — not just cut-offs, but ragged cut-offs? Personally, I was embarrassed for her.

11. zephyrbreeze says:

It’s the Trump version of global warming.

Melania is heating up the globe.

12. psadie says:

Melania in Italy reminds me very much of “Sophia Loren” with her voluptuous good looks, class, beauty, grace and style…Bella Faccia (beautiful face)!

13. Sheri says:

Mrs. Trump always strikes the perfect tone with her clothing. I thought it lovely the way she wore the black lace head covering along with a black lace outfit when she visited the Pope. Elegant and reverent. Makes me want to pay closer attention to my own attire…

14. Stringy Theory says:

No wonder Macron’s old bag of a wife wants to avoid the bad optics of being photographed near Melania. Man, more and more winning. This is a great thread with great comments. Love it!

15. John Smith says:

My God, how beautiful Melania is. No matter what (who is her husband or is she intelligent or not), she will be remembered in history as the most beautiful first lady. There are other pretty women, but they are rarely president’s wife. Americans should be proud, she was completely stunning in comparison to other ladies in this samit.

• shallbe4 says:

In my lifetime I have never seen a more beautiful first lady. She has the kind of mannerisms we would want for our own daughters. It would be wonderful if the women screaming hostile comments at our President would just say I WOULD LIKE TO BE LIKE MELANIA TRUMP.

16. daughnworks247 says:

I repeat – Melania is conquering Europe/Middle East without firing a shot.

17. penny munday says:

The best part of this trip, other than the advancement of the President’s agenda, is how our First Lady has come into her own in a difficult role. She has been on point throughout this trip and not only in her fashion sense–which is awesome. So proud that these two wonderful people represent us.
    Excuse me while I go rummage my closet and re-coordinate my wardrobe. 😉

18. jogreggre says:

Melania is drop dead gorgeous and she has sensational taste. Can you imagine how the strident mean spirited feminazis must be going even crazier than usual as Melania dazzles the world with her perfect feminism? Love it.

• shallbe4 says:

Macron seems like a really insecure guy. Earlier today he said that he doesn’t want the media to show how few people come to his rallies but instead show close ups of the people who do come. Now he says that his wife should not be in the same pictures as Melania because it would make her look inferior. Then of course he walked right past Trump in order to shake hands with others. Course Trump caught up with him and almost pulled Macron’s arm off in his lust for a handshake. Mrs. Macron isn’t inferior but her husband is.

19. Pam says:

None of these women can hold a candle to Melania. We are truly a blessed nation.

• Fe says:

I love this Pam! Totally agree. Melania makes me so proud that she is ours, she loves our country with all of her heart. What has truly touched my heart is her genuine interest and joy she exhibits visiting children in hospitals. And she spoke their language in Italy. We are truly blessed. Thank God for this jewel of a First Lady.

20. lizzieintexas says:

I skimmed through the entire comments and i can’t believe no one commented on her shoes!

21. shallbe4 says:

Every store is selling tops with Melania’s long puffed sleeves. I bought 5 so far. I hope its not too hot this summer.

22. vfm#7634 says:

Melania is a jewel.

23. WeThePeople2016 says:

What is very obvious is the amount of time and thought and consideration that went into each outfit choice for each country and each occasion. Melania and her staff have been very busy working on this for a while and are to be commended. She has represented the U.S. very well this week. Trump always said on the campaign trail that Melania would make a great First Lady.

24. Texian says:

So true and so obvious.. the disparity of competence between Administrations – whether domestic or international – is so glaringly obvious there is nothing the media can do to cover it up.

As far as Ms. Macron, I feel sorry for her – she needs a real man to care for her and to guide her in bringing out her inner beauty.

• Beverly says:

Well, she did rob the cradle when she seduced a 14-year-old student of hers, so there’s that… No pity from moi.

25. psadie says:

I remember PTrump on Larry King ( I think) told him that yes Melania is beautiful BUT you still have to be able to talk to someone at the end of the day. So true for she is his sounding board…bless them both!

26. justfactsplz says:

First Lady Melania represented us well on this trip and looked fabulous doing it. She and President Trump have Made America Proud Again. I think that a lot of the hateful vitriol directed at them is pure green envy.

27. scott467 says:

Sundance: “While Canada’s Justin Trudeau and France’s Emmanuel Macron, brothers in skinny jean modern metrosexuality and pajama-boy-ism, try desperately to appear as though they deserve a place at the G7 grown-up’s table, the optical contrasts amid the spouses are necessarily synonymous.”

__________________

Hi ad-rem,

I was just hanging in the spam-bin like usual, reading today’s commentaries, and it occurred to me that in yesterday’s article, many of the ‘spouses’ were not called ‘spouses’ at all, but “partners”.

What are they, cops?

Like Mel Gibson and Danny Glover?

Or is ‘partner’ supposed to be some kind of polite PC euphemism for shacking up?

It’s all so confusing when the PC Police keep changing the meanings of words to mask what they’re actually doing. If they weren’t ashamed of it, you wouldn’t think they’d have a need to hide it, or pretend like it was something it’s not.

Okay, that’s all for now, carry on!

28. Wolfe says:

I can’t remember a time when I was this interested in watching what any other FLOTUS was doing on a trip like this and what outfit she’s wearing. It’s more than beauty as others have stated. Melania’s personality has also shone through all the hype and planned events and it is very appealing. Her appearances at the hospitals with sick children were very impressive and the kids loved it as well. She has a natural appeal and a special gift when she is with them and their expressions confirm it. Melania will brighten up any kids ward she visits.

• Beverly says:

I think a HUGE part of their appeal is that they are modeling Masculinity and Femininity again. Remember that? the whole lovely, delicious Man/Woman thing? which the Commie pommies want to eradicate?

Feast your eyes on the both of them. Human, sure; but also very fine role models in so many ways.

29. ZurichMike says:

Have I ever told you guys that when I see Melanie I drool and say “va-VOOM!” out loud? 🙂

By the way,, Sundance: “brothers in skinny jean modern metrosexuality and pajama-boy-ism” is one of your top-ten “snort and giggle” phrases. A real keeper! LOL!

30. Janet says:

Melania rocked it and was so poised overseas. America first!

31. Regina says:

great pics in here – one of her being escorted off stage, and the smile on the guy’s face is Priceless