President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump held an event yesterday to honor military moms at a White House celebration in honor of Mothers Day Weekend.

Both the President and First Lady thanked the military moms gathered in the audience. The words of honor and appreciation from Melania Trump were exceptionally personal and tenderly delivered. Top shelf.

Melania Trump: I’m honored by your presence, especially as we celebrate National Military Appreciation Month and Mother’s Day on Sunday.

As everyone in this room knows, mother is a title that claims your heart and changes your life forever. In fact, it has been said that having a child means allowing your heart to walk around outside of your body. For the mothers of someone who has or is serving our country, this must be especially true. As you all know, I, too, am a mother.

However, I have no idea what kind of different challenges each of you must face as the parent of a soldier. And while you stand with many other parents, so strong and so proud, I am sure that you sometimes march on this journey alone. While your sons and daughters are away serving so selflessly, having a community share even some of that burden must make all the difference in the world.

I want to know – I want you to know, you’re among that community today and we are all so proud to be part of it with you. I also want to say thank you for all that you do, for your selflessness and for your own sacrifice on behalf of our country. Let today’s celebration with this community of strong and selfless moms be a first step in building the relationships and – and in your knowing that my husband and I, along with the vice president and Mrs. Pence and everyone here at the White House, hold you close in our hearts and thoughts each and every day.

In honor of our bravest, we have the United States Army…and members of the Marine band performing for us today. Enjoy it. They are incredible.

In closing, I want to say God bless our troops and the courageous men and women who are also your sons and daughters and God bless you, dear mothers, for all that you sacrifice so that your children may keep this country safe. Have a happy Mother’s Day on Sunday.

God bless you and may God bless the United States of America.

~ Mrs. Melania Trump – First Lady of The United States of America.

This entry was posted in Melania Trump, Military, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to President Trump Joins First Lady Melania To Honor Military Moms During White House Event…

1. Sylvia Avery says:

We are so blessed to have Melania in the WH and Mike with the toned arms and upholstery remnant house dresses out of the WH.

• Bailey02 says:

Amen. Our First Lady Melania bring classy and gracious back into the White House.

• Serena says:

I love this woman and feel so much pride every time I see her!!!

• MTeresa says:

You know, some of these fashion designers, I believe secretly despise women and come up with some of the most godawful get-ups. And in the name of “progressivism” these nitwit women wear these outfits thinking they look great and so very cutting edge. I believe our new FLOTUS has her own fashion sense and wouldn’t put on anything that doesn’t compliment the beautiful woman she is inside and out. And would tell those kooky designers to take a hike.

Love the look on the faces of the military men 🙂

• Patriot1783 says:

😂😂😂 Please, pass the screen snork wipes!

• cmscarpa says:

Yes, it was always the big, ugly, floral prints on a person with absolutely no aesthetic sensibility. Everything looked like Target table linens to me. That’s the irony — florals are effortlessly carried off by a woman with some feminine flair and grace. And I guess that about covers it.

• deborah foster says:

I noticed in the pictures there were a few male admiring glances at our lovely First Lady!

2. “toned arms and upholstery remnant” – okay, I guffawed. So true about Melania. Love seeing her in the White House.

3. citizen817 says:

President & Melania…
    Bringing Class back to the people’s house…so long overdue!

4. M33 says:

Hillary and Michelle never had this kind of genuine class!

5. filia.aurea says:

Our FLOTUS, unpretentious, down to earth, so gracious and charming.

6. I just can’t help myself. Here is another version of how I am feeling these days. I don’t quite go back this far, but far enough to get a sniff of it!!

7. justfactsplz says:

I love listening to First Lady Melania when she speaks. She is so genuine with a wonderful heart. She is so beautiful inside and out and truly a first class act. She is doing a great job as first lady. It will be great when she is living full time at the White House. It will help President Trump immensely having his family close by. God bless them.

8. wheatietoo says:

What a treat…it was great to hear all those ladies whoop and cheer for our President.

I am thankful to them for doing that, and for the sacrifices they make for our country.
    Pres Trump seemed to really enjoy that greeting, too.

Melania is getting so good at this!
    We are blessed to have her graciousness and charm in our White House.
    She is going to be a wonderful First Lady.

9. Theresa Anne says:

Melanie seems like such a kind, tenderhearted, sweet lady. What a wonderful idea to invite the military mothers for a special day at the White House! I don’t remember them being recognised this way by any former first lady. And it’s great the military band provides the music for these events instead of some stuck-up celebrity.

• I so agree. I was so tired and actually embarrassed to hear about all that raunchy “hip-hop”- “rap” music that was in the white house. The vulgarity of it all.
      Yes the house belongs to the people, and yes we have a nation because of our Military.
      I am so proud and happy to have such a couple in the White House that believe and respect and appreciate our Military, and yes-their music belongs there.
      Thank you Melania you are a true reason why this nation was founded. Thank you President Trump, for all that you go through on our behalf. Our Lion and Lioness truly is making this nation great again!

10. xyzlatin says:

Melania speaks with her clothes and pays tribute to the military. Note the severe contrasting black and white, and the heavy “ammunition shaped” gold necklace, the decoration on the shoes, and the subtle decoration on the black pants. No it’s not military but it gives the hint of military in the style. Melania is working with a very good designer to express her ideas. Her subtlety is an interesting contrast with Pres Trump’s “out there” style.

• Yes, I have noticed that she follows symbol-ology very closely. Since the debates and her very special blouse that had the all so subtle message. You are correct, her clothes always seem to tell a message and have a very special meaning to each occasion. Not that I am a fashionista by any means, but boy I love how she does speak with her clothes, I have been noticing that for a while-sure beats the bling of the past flotus

• Kaco says:

That “very special blouse” showed her strength and what she thought of their attempt at smearing one of the most patriotic candidates since Teddy Roosevelt!

11. tappin52 says:

I love the pic of her standing in front of the military men. All of those grins and eye stealing glances made me smile,

12. Abster says:

Melania is beautiful…inside and out.

13. MfM says:

The buttons on Melania’s pants are a copy of the type of closure that Navy Dress Blues had for years. Still a very polished look that contrasted with those around her. By wearing a simple solid white shirt the other uniforms stood out and the more colorful outfits of family members weren’t overshadowed.

14. MfM says:

Once again Melania is in D.C. during the week for an event. It’s almost like she lives there. Her being in N.Y. doesn’t seem to have stopped her doing the duties of the First Lady.

15. G3 says:

A lovely Mother’s Day speech to veterans, their families, and all moms given by First Lady Melania. Everyone looked and sounded in high spirits-really nice!
    Wishing everyone a Happy Mother’s Day!

16. Leslie Ingersoll says:

Melania is such a lovely lady!
    She is beautiful inside and out, a breath of fresh air! I can only imagine how much out POTUS loves and respects her. They are truly a perfect pair❤🇺🇸

17. Beautiful pictures!

18. Ivehadit says:

And Our First Lady TRULY knows what it means not to be free. And she cherishes America and American freedom. Refreshing, indeed.
    WE LOVE YOU, DONALD AND MELANIA!

19. MakeAmericaGreat says:

I think it’s almost impossible to dislike Melania, but for potential jealousy, I guess.

She oozes class and down-to-earthiness. You can really tell how ‘real’ she is. Completely genuine.

Can’t wait until she moves into the WH full time.

20. Gail says:

So gorgeous! Brings me to tears to finally see the respect that our country and our military deserve from the President and First Lady.

• The Tundra PA says:

It will bring me to tears when we see our country and the press show the respect they deserve to our President and First Lady. That is something I pray for

21. whizzbang says:

Firstly, God bless you Sundance for giving so many of us a place to voice our fears, happiness and pride in our country. I was despairing of the other sites that seemed to attract so many mean-spirited trolls.

I immigrated (legally) to this country some time ago, from South Africa.

Every single day since President Trump assumed office, I have given thanks to God Almighty for him. Before the election, I was seriously considering moving back to South Africa if Clinton won.

And yet again, with this article, you have highlighted the importance of President Trump and his wonderfully caring wife, and how OBVIOUS it just is that they truly love America.

Thank you for all that you tirelessly do, and thank you also to the commentators here who thoughtfully engage with everyone, whilst researching even further the information provided by our host.

God Bless Sundance, all of you, the President and First lady, and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

God told us: Good will always prevail. We HAVE to keep believing that even though we are under constant attack from evil.

22. Our FLOTUS hit all the right notes here. I’m the mother of a 24 year airman who served 2 years in Japan and 2 years + in Korea now finishing his contract stateside at Travis Air Force Base. God bless him, God bless and protect them all. and God Bless Melania. She gets it.

23. golsono says:

Has there ever been a title of ‘First Lady’ before the formation of the uds of a ? just curious

24. Sedanka says:

What a relief to have the lovely Melania representing America as First Lady rather than the deformed creature we were stuck with for the previous 8 years.

25. fleporeblog says:

The Love that our President and First Lady have for our country and most importantly our troops both active duty and veterans is awe inspiring! Our President values every one of their lives and will do everything in his power not to put them in harms way. The warmongers and neocons can go to hell where they belong!

26. auscitizenmom says:

Melania’s words were so beautiful and spoken so beautifully.

27. cjzak says:

You know it’s so good to watch things like this because you realize there is so much love and respect from so many people for the Pres. and First Lady. The media likes to portray Pres. Trump as hated, incompetent and off the wall but it really is a complete lie. Just listening and watching his love of the American people and their response to him is a much needed dose of reality for everyone of us who are flooded everyday with the complete nastiness and manipulation of the media and their cohorts on the left. We who keep up with all that is happening with our Pres. are just surrounded by negativity from the media and this occasion just shows and helps so much the realization it isn’t that way at all with people out across the land from all walks of life.

Thanks for posting this SD and for reminding me again of what the real truth is. Happy Mothers’ Day indeed!!

28. jojo says:

My grandson is graduating from HS on the May 28th & in the Army 30th. I had tears in my eyes when Melania spoke, I felt she was speaking to me. I was the “safe space” from my grandson during a rough upbringing and I encouraged him to join the Military instead of opting for college. If Hillary had won NO WAY would I have allowed him to join. He’s a huge TRUMP supporter-guess I did my job well. Thanks SD for this wonderful post. Happy Grandmother’s Day to all you who care for grandchildren. They’re worth it.

• @ jojo,
      FLOTUS’ words are gold: “In fact, it has been said that having a child means allowing your heart to walk around outside of your body.”…I think it goes double for grandmothers…I know of a number of grandparents who took over raising their grandkids when the parents were unable for one reason or another. All those grandkids turned out great!

Happy Grandmother’s Day, and thank you for stepping up to the plate for your grandson!

29. thesavyinvester says:

Sundance, why is the screen blurry again, you do that a lot lately, kudos to all the posters and their observations from the heart. I haven’t felt this good since Reagan, How do I thank you, the posters, The Trump Family and our Military Familes, I, no we are so blessed, and if not for CTH and divine intervention, life after 11/9/16 could have been a dirge march…

30. Help4newmoms says:

I suppose they didn’t air her wonderful speech or the event itself on the Today Show, GMA, or This Morning? What a deservice to the people of this country that their media decides for them what is news. Utterly disgraceful.

31. Rosech says:

We are blessed with the Trump family. You know they have money, but you think about it because they are in touch with all of us in so many ways. Trump’s children are continuing the tradition of how they were raised and had to work as well and doing the same with their own children. Pray everyday for the Trumps, please.

32. Mike diamond says:

Melanie is the best first lady ever! Makes you proud of the USA!