President Trump Interviews With Lester Holt To Discuss James Comey Firing…

President Trump has given an interview to NBC’s Lester Holt to discuss the circumstances around the firing of FBI Director James Comey. In advance of the interview broadcast tonight at 6:30pm NBC has released a portion of the interview:

NBC Print Article Also Available HERE

Here’s an additional segment of the interview as broadcast earlier today which includes NBC admitting there was nothing substantively wrong with any of the issues surrounding the Trump decision:

Another interesting, albeit sympathetically slanted for pro-Clinton, backgrounder on Comey is HERE

This entry was posted in FBI, media bias, President Trump, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

400 Responses to President Trump Interviews With Lester Holt To Discuss James Comey Firing…

1. Peter says:

My dream: tomorrow trump calls Sherrif Clark and asks him to take a few thousand arrows for the team.

Not saying he would be confirmed, but politically, I think it would be brilliant. The base would be emboldened and the left is already unhinged ….

Nominating Kelly or an ex rep that thinks trump wasn’t surveilled (without evidence) – who will go to bat for them? McCain?

Give us the torch (Clark) and let us burn it down.

• wheatietoo says:

Or…PDJT could appoint Sheriff Clarke as ‘interim Director’, and then take his own sweet time about appointing a permanent Director.

The interim Director does not have to be confirmed by the Senate.

• Has Mike Lee gone mad? He is suggesting that
      Derrick Garland head up the FBI….this is the judge Obama wanted for the Supreme court.

• NJ Transplant says:

I hope Sheriff Clarke is the nominee. We really need him. It would make it hard to vote against him for a lot of Dems. Sheriff Clarke is also a registered democrat. He said in an interview that a Republican could not win in Milwaukee county.

• Evelyn says:

I commented on a different thread that I personally believe that Kim Clement was a modern day prophet. Several years ago he prophesied about “Donald” and “Clark.” My money is on Sheriff Clarke. I guess we’ll see!

• tellthetruth2016 says:

Maybe I just don’t get it , OR Maybe I’m missing something, But PLEASE can someone tell me Why our President even needs to explain to these Haters of so called “news” why he fired Comey??? This was plain as day to anybody along with a written explanation from DOJ AND now TRUMP needs to explain it again to these haters …….. I must really be dumb to Not understand this …..

• iswhatitis says:

–> “But PLEASE can someone tell me Why our President even needs to explain to these Haters of so called “news” why he fired Comey???”

I’ve felt the same way – even imagining PDJT “pulling a Bush” and simply saying, “Well, I’m the decider. I make that decision. That’s why. Next question..”

• bertdilbert says:

Campaign slogan that did not age well.

“Love trumps hate”

• Weeper says:

Hehehe….I always asked myself if they knew what they were doing with that one. Wasn’t posting then….but I am now….

Love trumps hate….of

HER
            YOU
            THE MSM
            RINOS

The list is endless!!!! Bad candidate, bad campaign, bad slogan….NO Russians!! 😉

• I’ll take a swing at it. I’m only theorizing, mind you. IMO, it isn’t only about the news. Those in Congress (and half the public) are evaluating the President’s motives, abilities and decisions all the time. Though he has the power to fire an FBI director for any or no reason, there is still a political risk in doing it, depending on what is publicly perceived as the cause.

The Trump administration hasn’t quite gotten it together yet on the need for consistent messaging throughout the staff. Over the last 48 hours, the justification for Comey’s firing keeps changing, depending on who explains and answers questions about it. This gives ammunition for critics in Congress, media and part of the public to say the President is dishonest, trying to cover up something. It impacts his approval ratings, and provides more momentum for appointing an independent Special Prosecutor to continue probing Russian attempts to destabilize our election process.

• janc1955 says:

No one in D.C. or the leftist media is “evaluating” President Trump. They’re looking for ways to bring him down, and making it up as they go along.

• Fine. Evaluating with a purpose in mind then.

• janc1955 says:

No evaluation, period.

• You appear to not understand the basic meaning of the word evaluation. It means to assess or examine something in order to make value judgements. If you are examining something or someone to understand it/them, you are evaluating. You can then apply your evaluation to a purpose, but you can’t (to use your example) look for ways to bring someone down without FIRST making the evaluation that they SHOULD be brought down.

It is impossible to listen, read or view things and then retain them in memory without making an evaluation. Evaluations may be negative, positive or a mixture of both.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I suspect he’s trolling them.

• Scarlet says:

He needs to get his messsge ( and the truth ) out to their audience.

• crepelady says:

I also thought the same. Why does our President feel he needs to validate his decisions to this sneering “journalist” or whatever he claims to be. Answer his inane questions then say the magic word…”next”. End of subject. Hope this type of nonsense does not continue because the Dems will start to smell blood in the water.

• Scarlet says:

That’s the best damn scenario I could ever hope for. I tingle just thinking about it.

• Jedi9 says:

I am hearing Judge Jeanine Pirro as a possible candidate! She would whip that agency into shape in no time! The fact that she is a woman would drive the left over the edge with exploding heads.

2. georgiafl says:

President Trump’s Twitter following hit 29 MILLION sometime yesterday.

It’s now 29,084,831 and rising rapidly!

3. Weeper says:

Pete Williams, god love him, says “Fact is, the President didn’t break any news here”. So we just spent 30 minutes watching an EXPLOSIVE interview on a news program….where we heard NO news!!!! They’re nuts folks. More tomorrow on Today and again tomorrow on Nightly News……more interview or rinse/repeat???? Later probably.

Hubby “Thanks Lester for telling us absolutely nothing”!!! Winning!!

4. citizen817 says:

Full Interview

• What a waste of time…never asked about anything of any importance. Shameful media.

• MVW says:

Amazing, stunning. The DhimmiRats and Surrogates, Antifa and Shrill Stream Media, keep rabidly throwing mud at Trump, and go full anti America and American jobs, security, and pride, full anti MAGA. DhimmiRats are now known as Haters of America and Americans in every way.

In other words, the DhimmiRats and Barkers are destroying their brand while neon and flood lighting Trump’s Herculean efforts to help the down trodden American worker and American companies that provide good jobs.

How stupid, brain dead can these village idiots be? If there was a leader’s brain in the bunch it would tell them to get on board and try to co-op what Trump is trying to do. Trump is a winner. He knows what wins. Duh!

5. straightstreet says:

I absolutely cannot stand the total disrespect the so called media shows my President!

6. vanroth50 says:

Does anyone know if Richard Burr was (or should I say is) a Never Trumper? His statements and actions are absolutely disgusting and he might as well call himself a Democrat. That joker and flake Mark Warner must be dizzy with glee for the support he is getting from Burr in his bi-partisan” farcical “investigation”. These swamp creatures are filthy and venal to the hilt.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

I believe so, yes. So is the other GOP rep. from NC – I can’t remember his name. I am also very suspicious if Burr is not a closet Dem who ran as a GOP in a more conservative state to get elected. He acts like he just worships Mark Warner and they both keep appearing in front of the camera together in a love fest.

• Oldskool says:

The other clown from NC is Thom Tillis. I voted for him in 2014 only because he wasn’t Kay Hagan, his dem opponent. He’s done nothing for two years and now apparently is into the USCOC for money as he is the big proponent for the H2b visas. Burr ran as enough of a Trump supporter to get votes, but he is dem all the way. Looking forward to their impeachment hearings.

• Send him an email telling him you regret voting for him…I did. He has voted consistently for Trump nominees and other things, but never misses an opportunity to speak against him. Tillis is worse; completely corrupt…was corrupt when in the state house, more corrupt now. Never a choice as to who to vote for; run multiple candidates to split the conservative vote…happens every time…NC has the worst Senators ever…Hagen was a total disaster, every one in that seat has been a total disaster…what is wrong with NC politics? I lived here 12 years and it never changes..total corruption, local, state, and national level. What gives? Anyone a native here who can help out?

• filia.aurea says:

I have written to them both. Disgusting pair.

• Dixie says:

I wish I knew what has happened to my state other than the liberal creeps, the illegal immigrants, the hippies, and all the college and university professors and teachers, the snowbirds, and fraudulent and dead voters. And now we have a demonrat governor and all they can talk about is sewage. (There is a subdivision near me with 300 homes, 95% New Yorkers.) Yikes, we’ve been invaded by liberals and a lot of demonrat voters. Just my opinion……no links to back it up.

But I did a little research and learned that after they finish with California, North Carolina is next. That sounds ominous and I hope it’s not true.

• Pam says:

Unfortunately, he’s my senator. I noticed the Mark Warner love fest too and I would have to be honest and say that i don’t know if cold anger is the right description for how I’m feeling right now.

• Dixie says:

I emailed both of them to demand respect and support for President Trump. Or else.

I’m sure I scared them.

• filia.aurea says:

Burr and Tillis are both crooks, scum owned by CoC/military industrial/foreign governments.

• Albertus Magnus says:

Richard Burr was NOT an never Trumper. He is no prize, either.

• NC Mom says:

Richard Burr is an a$$! Both of my NC Senators are a disgrace. Thank God my Congressman is great: Mark Meadows. I hate Burr so thoroughly that the only Dem I have voted for in the last three elections was HIS OPPONENT!

7. Joshua2415 says:

I understand that he has had some personal issues that he needed to work through, but I believe that Rudy Giuliani make an excellent FBI Director. He’s from outside the swamp, and he’s law and order through and through. Plus, he was rock solid for Trump early on. I’d love to see him take over the leak investigations.

8. Donna in Oregon says:

Okay….enough of these shenanigans. Enough. Is it cold anger to protest outside CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX? Um, probably not.

How about boycotting all of their advertisers? Right. That’s what Libs do. Forgot.

Back to cold anger……again. 😦

9. asawasa says:

Best. President. Ever.

10. Joe says:

Did not think it could be possible, but the Dems are even more unhinged.

Been fighting it out on shltlib sites and the vitriol, the false narrative & the ginned up hope that Trump will be impeached has got these people in a fury.

The pressure cooker can’t hold forever.

Wonder what happens when this blows?

• getouttahea says:

“Been fighting it out…”

Me too, isn’t it great fun. I just keep hammering em over and over about the total absence of evidence and the squirm and froth and try and give the run around. Then I ask them about the evidence again—Splodey heads!

• Donna in Oregon says:

This could be why the Dems are so worked up DHS Gang Unit arrested 1,400 gang members……and President Trump set-up a new commission today to end voter fraud.
      Federal Data Can Resolve Vote Fraud Debate, Says Vice Chairman of Donald Trump’s Election Integrity Commission

• Minnie says:

It has been a sweet day 😜

• Minnie says:

Let’s not forget the Corinne brown smack down 👍

• Sylvia Avery says:

I saw that, Donna. I haven’t had a very good day but it sure brightened when I heard about the EO on Voter Integrity. It sounds awesome. The have the state AG from Kansas, Kris something who is a BULLDOG on these issues, and they are going to be looking not just at voter fraud which I have felt is ignoring half the problem. It isn’t the few hundred here and there that are reported as voting twice or voting a dead person’s ballot. The BIG fraud, I suspect, is in the registration process where loads of people (TY, Motor Voter) are registered via the “honor system.” They are also going to look at the Census because it ties in, too, in some fashion. Forget how. Sorry, long day.

• filia.aurea says:

Agree. Photo IDs are useless when the Voter Registration systems are totally lax, and require no proof of citizenship to register. Step 1 is to ensure ONLY citizens are registered to vote. No registration, no vote, no exceptions.

• Sylvia Avery says:

And step 2 is to remove from the rolls those who are registered but are not citizens. And step 3 involves the US Census. It counts bodies, not citizens. And this is the data used to allocate congressional districts and I THINK maybe electoral votes. Imagine if no illegals were allowed to “boost” the number of electoral votes in California….Just imagine.

• tbear says:

Well the census would be fine if it counted bodies but it goes way beyond that. That is why I refuse to complete mine.

• filia.aurea says:

Absolutely, permanent resident and visitor databases exist, and State rolls can be compared to federal records, & SS death register. The next census needs to more refined,easily sorted into bodies and alien bodies – from the perspective of allocating congressional reps & EC votes. It can be done, even UPS drivers walk around with i-pad like devices.

• Minnie says:

We Treepers hunker down here and enjoy the free fireworks spectacular?

I’ll bring the wine 🍷😁

• What happens when it blows? Midterm election majority party losses is what happens historically. Not always, but typically.

11. mikebrezzze says:

Trump could spot Lester 10 IQ points in a contest and still kick his as*

12. Same theme, different slant:

America has a MEDIA MONOPOLY:
    ZERO “mainstream competition.
    ABUSE of America’s “public communications spectrum”.
    ANTI-AMERICAN and SEDITIOUS propaganda to destroy our rule of law and citizen liberty.

Time for the Trump Administration to BREAK UP the Media Monopoly!

• Howie says:

They are doing a good job of it themselves. Why bother with them?

• Great point, Howie.

My bride and I are noting that we’ve stopped watching even the Fox Business shows – other than Lou Dobbs – because there’s nothing constructive to learn.

Can’t wait for an online news channel to position to the right of now-moving-Leftist Fox News, with news of where and how American Patriots are WINNING, and who’s moving fastest to get ‘er done.

• MVW says:

Exactly, we get to see how these Harpies operate every day in the press conference. Nothing but unimaginative, lazy, repetitive, derogatory, hateful, attempted gotcha questions.

Nasty, nasty people. They live in an echo chamber and don’t realize they have killed their brand. No one watches them that has an internet. In fact, those that don’t have internet are fleeing to internet news.

13. JBrickley says:

It’s like a wicked game of Limbo, how low can the Left go. How much more can they take before they start flipping out on the streets to the point of being carried away to the looney bin?

• Howie says:

They are trying their best to frame him, but they have zero evidence. That is about as vile as people can get. They have lost all credibility they never had anyways. it will never return.

14. Raffaella says:

The MSM adoring gaze at Obama versus their hostile condescending look at President Trump. So disgusted by these traitors.

I do not care if they all collectively catch plague and drop dead tomorrow.

15. Howie says:

You can’t give Donald Trump this big of an edge. He is going to obliterate them. The RINOS are already running for the locker room. They see it coming. The democrats and their media are soon going to be on the field alone with Sir Donald. He will have no mercy on them.

16. Rosech says:

Trump is interviewing many, but many of us still want Trey Gowdy. Not sure if Sheriff Clarke has the background for the position, but definitely would make a great senator.

17. WeThePeople2016 says:

I watched the Press briefing today, and it was obvious that Sarah Huckabee was getting frustrated with the same questions over and over again. She did a great job hitting back. My suggestion would be for her to cut off the same line of questions after a certain point and say something to the point that is the time I will answer today on that question. Any of the Trump spokespersons should do this. KellyAnn Conway is good at this. Then I would ask for a different question and call on that person to change the narrative. Sarah is letting the WH Press control the narrative with the same questions over and over again. There are other important things going on such as OCare collapsing, Trump’s EOs, tax reform, Trump meeting with Kissinger, etc. that needed to be discussed. She can’t rely on the Press to bring it up because that doesn’t fit the narrative. They want to take out Trump, so the WH has to start changing the narrative to what they want it to be. Don’t let the left-wing media do the bidding for the Dems. This is just my 2 cents and observations.

• WSB says:

Should be an auction pitch by subject matter. Sarah could run down the list and for the last two minutes open it up to ‘other’.

• Junebug says:

That annoys me too! Months ago, when Stephen Miller was being asked the same question over and over, he would just reply, “asked and answered.” Brilliant!

• MVW says:

This may sound unbalanced and nutty, but these nasty people are making everyone hate them with their ugly behavior. The media is hanging itself with barbwire.

18. Lawrence says:

I love the raised eyebrow innuendo acting of that chick Hallie from NBC. Every empty sentence from her mouth brings a facial inference that something is not kosher…even though it is.

I also enjoyed,
    LESTER: “Hey Pete Williams…anything wrong here?”
    PETE: “No.”

• Weeper says:

I posted the same at the top of the page…
      Pete Williams is one of the FEW on NBC that do their job and report news. So, with his comment he told everyone that had just watched their EXPLOSIVE news for 30 minutes……that there was no explosive news.

They’ve gotten SO bad now, they’re contradicting themselves in the same 30 minute “show”. 😉

19. Anne says:

Olberman has jumped the shark! He says that the US is victim of a coup, and he calls on all intel agencies around the world to leak information they have on Trump! This is so pathetic!

20. Summer says:

Why did President Trump agree to give this interview? He does not owe the hostile media any explanations beyond the one officially given. The media and the Democrats are acting as if Trump were a crazy uncle who has to be reminded that he must ask for his nurse’s permission to be allowed to sign papers. What the hell, he is the President. All questions have been answered by the Department of Justice and the Press Secretary. Multiple times. Enough.

The fake news media are the enemy! Please no more interviews, Mr. President.

21. Did I see Joe Pistone’s named mentioned for Director?

22. IMO says:

Why Comey Lied

23. Anne says:

Why the Comey story has changed: a very interesting and credible explanation

24. wyntre says:

Remember this little gem from the POS’s 100-Day Presser?

Presstitute question to the POS:

“During these first 100 days, what has surprised you the most about
    this office? Enchanted you the most from serving in this office?
    Humbled you the most? And troubled you the most?”

Jeff Zeleney of the New York Times

• Weeper says:

“Gotchy” set up questions, so three months from now when you do something that contradicts them…..they can pull out your answers and say “but you said this…….”

These morons are SO predictable. If you can write the chapter before it happens…….

25. James F says:

Why isn’t the left concerned about the “backlash” against Russian Americans the same way they cry about muslims or illegals being portrayed negatively in the media?

Hateful bigots are being way more biased against Russians, who do not deserve the abuse, than anyone ever was against muslims who usually have it coming.

26. Craig W. Gordon says:

Trump batting clean up and gettin’er dun buddy. Love this guy. For some reason, the Trump steaks rally when the fake press was giving Trump a hard time about promoting his sucessful business prowess during the primaries as a great attribute came to my mind.

Trump calls a conference and has piles of Trump steaks on one side and another table of Trump wine on the other side. Hoot!!!! Loving it!

27. Anne says:

From a good journalist in DC:

• Anne says:

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and Sen. Dianne Feinstein made a statement on former FBI Director Comey’s firing during a committee markup.

Congressional officials were told by FBI Director James Comey before he was fired that there are just a small number of Americans who are targets of the criminal or counterintelligence probes involving Russia and that none were President Trump or his top aides, Circa has confirmed.

Behind closed doors, Comey provided specific updates on about a half dozen or less targeted US citizens who were the focus of either counterintelligence probes or criminal investigations emanating from the Russia election scandal, sources familiar with the intelligence told Circa.

“President Trump is not a target nor is any senior government official if Comey’s account is correct,” one source said, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because that person was not authorized to comment.

28. Howie says:

It is going to be armageddon this summer. All out war with the Uniparty….The Mother of all Battles…the plot thickens!

29. zephyrbreeze says:

Forwarded:

Here are 10 of Comey’s biggest embarrassments at the FBI:

1. Before he bombed the Boston Marathon, the FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev but let him go. Russia sent the Obama Administration a second warning, but the FBI opted against investigating him again.

2. Shortly after the NSA scandal exploded in 2013, the FBI was exposed conducting its own data mining on innocent Americans; the agency, Bloomberg reported, retains that material for decades (even if no wrongdoing is found).

3. The FBI had possession of emails sent by Nidal Hasan saying he wanted to kill his fellow soldiers to protect the Taliban — but didn’t intervene, leading many critics to argue the tragedy that resulted in the death of 31 Americans at Fort Hood could have been prevented.

4. During the Obama Administration, the FBI claimed that two private jets were being used primarily for counter-terrorism, when in fact they were mostly being used for Eric Holder and Robert Mueller’s business and personal travel.

5. When the FBI demanded Apple create a “backdoor” that would allow law enforcement agencies to unlock the cell phones of various suspects, the company refused, sparking a battle between the feds and America’s biggest tech company. What makes this incident indicative of Comey’s questionable management of the agency is that a) The FBI jumped the gun, as they were indeed ultimately able to crack the San Bernardino terrorist’s phone, and b) Almost every other major national security figure sided with Apple (from former CIA Director General Petraeus to former CIA Director James Woolsey to former director of the NSA, General Michael Hayden), warning that such a “crack” would inevitably wind up in the wrong hands.

6. In 2015, the FBI conducted a controversial raid on a Texas political meeting, finger printing, photographing, and seizing phones from attendees (some in the group believe in restoring Texas as an independent constitutional republic).

7. During its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified material, the FBI made an unusual deal in which Clinton aides were both given immunity and allowed to destroy their laptops.

8. The father of the radical Islamist who detonated a backpack bomb in New York City in 2016 alerted the FBI to his son’s radicalization. The FBI, however, cleared Ahmad Khan Rahami after a brief interview.

9. The FBI also investigated the terrorist who killed 49 people and wounded 53 more at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Fla. Despite a more than 10-month investigation of Omar Mateen — during which Mateen admitting lying to agents — the FBI opted against pressing further and closed its case.

10. CBS recently reported that when two terrorists sought to kill Americans attending the “Draw Muhammad” event in Garland, Texas, the FBI not only had an understanding an attack was coming, but actually had an undercover agent traveling with the Islamists, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi. The FBI has refused to comment on why the agent on the scene did not intervene during the attack.

30. Anne says:

Another scandal?

Russian charged with breaching U.S. firms says FBI attempted to coerce confession over Clinton hack

A Russian man wanted by the Justice Department on charges connected to hacking U.S. companies now claims the FBI offered him immunity in exchange for accepting responsibility for cyberattacks targeting former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

Yevgeny Nikulin, the alleged hacker, laid the claim to Russian media Thursday in a letter sent from a Czech Republic prison cell amid an international extradition battle currently underway between Washington and Moscow.

FBI agents promised Mr. Nikulin money, American citizenship and a free apartment for taking the fall over hacking Mrs. Clinton’s campaign, he alleged in a letter published Thursday by Nastoyashchoe Vremya, a Russian-language website.

“[They told me:] you will have to confess to breaking into Clinton’s inbox for [President Trump] on behalf of [Russian President Vladimir Putin],” Mr. Nikulin wrote, as translated by The Moscow Times.

“He was offered to falsely testify that he was cooperating in the attack on the Democratic Party,” defense attorney Martin Sadilek said Thursday, the Associated Press reported.
    The FBI declined to comment.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Holy cow – if this is true there is going to be a blow up at the FBI. It will also confirm the reasons why Trump fired Comey.

• Minnie says:

Trustworthiness of that source?

• Michelle says:

The FBI “declined to comment” instead of saying the story is completely false? Interesting.

• Kaco says:

Fake dossier and now a bribe to make someone a fall guy.

• Dixie says:

If this is true, could McCabe have instigated this since he expressed so much hatred towards Flynn and President Trump…..

I don’t remember if McCabe made those hateful comments to his senior agents before or after Comey was fired.

First attempt of the FBI agents bribing Mr. Nikulin was November and another one three months later, according to the WT article.

Regardless, get McCabe outta there! Anyone who thinks like that, let alone expresses that thought, does not need to even be interim Director of the FBI.

31. SR says:

Condi Rice may be new FBI director . This will put RINO in straight line like pets. But Fake MSM and dems would bring Iraq war memories .

• bulwarker says:

Another failed bureaucrat with baggage, God no, we have too many RINOs on board currently with Preibus and he cant even manage to get the rats in order.

• Kaco says:

There has to be some qualified straight arrows that would deserve the promotion rather than recycle a Bush failure on 9/11 as well as a never-Trumper.

32. rumpole2 says:

I am strongly of the opinion that the new FBI director should be a “No Name”.

Somebody from within the FBI.. a former Special Agent who has worked his way up through the ranks.
    ANY of the names suggested.. Rudy, Christie etc have “perceived” political bias which will be brought up ad nauseam by the Dims and their FakeNews poodles.

Of course…. I do think that Trump should ascertain IN PRIVATE that any potential appointee thinks Hillary and her gang are crooks who need to be indicted.. and locked up.

• wheatietoo says:

The thing is…the FBI agents who have ‘worked their way up in the ranks’ in recent years, are tainted because they received their promotions from the guys at the top who are tainted.

In order to find someone within the FBI who is squeaky clean…PDJT would have to step over a lot of senior agents.

This is why, with the current situation at the Bureau, it will probably be necessary to pick someone from outside the organization.

• Kaco says:

They just need to make sure someone from within is patriot with a clean and stellar work record.

• D Lo says:

Even though Evanina, is a certified sniper 😁, my money is on Michael J Anderson and his stellar resume. (Special Agent/Chief Chicago field Office) (Go Hawkeyes!)

Seems like a most excellent fit for swamp cleaning duties!

33. Whether or not the Deep state contracted for a hit on Trump, as reported in this article, well, you can decide for yourself. But, I believe, the rest of this article is well sourced and has some interesting insights into what is happening.

34. SR says:

In ideal world FBI and director should be independent. Next president will put own director so it’s Trump time to have own FBI director and keep Hillary in the box otherwise she and Obama would keep giving trouble.

35. bertdilbert says:

36. JimWVa says:

The Pro Publica interviews with Comey, contained in the last link above, point out that 8,000 deleted messages from the first months in 2009 that the Clinton private server was initially in use have never been found in the FBI “inquiry”. Comey is quoted as saying that the search for those originating messages motivated his disclosure of the Anthony Weiner subpoenas on October 28th. If found, these “first use” emails could present evidence as to Clinton’s “intent” in setting up the private server in the first place, Comey explained.

If Weiner’s laptop contained the missing “initial messages” and that evidence showed criminal intent, a US Attorney would have evidence to prosecute Clinton, contrary to Comey’s press conference “closing argument” in July, 2016. In the linked article, I read it that Comey was relieved that the deleted “initial messages” were not found and his exhonoration of Clinton from criminal misconduct could stand unchallenged.

President Trump is correct in Comey’s discharge from the Director’s office at FBI. The 8,000 “initial” messages from the Clinton private server have been successfully concealed … so far.

37. 6x47 says:

I love it how Lester tries to get Trump to pin the AG with the responsibility for deciding to fire Comey, and Trump just blows that out of the water by telling Lester he would have fired Comey no matter what.

Trump always owns the downside. WINNING!

38. Steven Hitt says:

I am tired of all the talk about the Clinton and the Obama criminal activity. Please wake me up when an indictment is issued. Until then The Deep State still rules.

39. dayallaxeded says:

Please take a tip on interviews from Wilburine–say what you would if still in private business. In employment matters, that’s dates of employment, positions officially held and nothing more. PDJT is not a lawyer and especially not a criminal investigator or prosecutor (ambiguity intended). Comey’s handling of the Klintoon Komputer Krimes was more like an overworked 1st year state ada’s job than a gold standard investigation of high level cybersecurity breaches affecting national security. However, even a 1st year persecutors would be acutely aware of the difference between specific and general intent. Ergo, he’s FIRED!

40. fgmorley says:

There is nothing to be gained by Mr. Trump granting interviews to the anti-Trump media. He should go on the offensive and be heard on the media outlets that are on his side, i.e. Conservative Radio. The only thing he provides to the MSM is an opportunity to slice and dice his comments in their non-stop bombardment of negative portrayal/betrayal of MAGA. It is time to drain the swamp, not listen to the swamp inhabitants (UniParty) or try to reassure them. They are unreasoning in their hatred and will never allow Mr. Trump to have a fair and open platform to discuss his achievements.