Sunday May 7th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to Sunday May 7th – Open Thread

1. Donna in Oregon says:

Texas Becomes 11th State to Call for Article V Convention
    Drain the swamp (yeah!).

The specified topics to be addressed are limited to the following three areas: imposing fiscal restraints on the federal government, limiting the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, and setting term limits for its officials and for Members of Congress.

• bessie2003 says:

My understanding is that regardless of what State’s intentions are for calling an Article V Convention – there is actually nothing that limits other topics to come up.

From the liberal friends that I have had over the years, it has always been their intention to convince enough states to call for such a convention, and then when it happens to deluge the convention members with like-minded liberals to represent the States with the goal to re-write the U.S. Constitution to their liking, as in changing it from a document limiting what the government can do to becoming a document limiting what rights people have putting the government in charge of all aspects of its citizens lives.

So I would think a modern day Constitutional Convention would be membered by liberals pretending to be conservatives just so they can get in the door and then pull their masks off, a Uniparty on steroids.

No, No, No to an Article V Convention.

• kp3ace says:

This is very dangerous unless I misunderstood what our second constitution said, which was ratified on March 4th, 1789 by an article 5 convention. The states send their delegates to this convention but have no say. Do you trust your delegates?

2. citizen817 says:

Don’t Let Go…nice version!

3. Harry Lime says:

To continue on with the early animation theme…this is more of an animated dance than it is a cartoon…but pretty impressive for 1933…

• Harry Lime says:

Some of the characters names in the original E.C. Segar comic strip were; Popeye, Olive Oyl, Ham Gravy, Castor Oyl, Uncle Lubry Kent Oyl, Wimpy, Bluto, Sea Hag, Jeep, Alice the Goon, and Poopdeck Pappy…

• Disgusted says:

How would this innovative new art form be seen by today’s audience? Would the guns and knives and liquor and violence and male dominance and cultural profiling be entertainment for them, as they were in the 30’s? Just gotta laugh! I don’t remember any non-violent cartoons from my era in the 50’s at all! Somebody or something was always getting kicked around, shot at with a double barrel gun (which would result in Xs replacing their eyeballs which we knew meant they died),

• MTeresa says:

Hahaha, yeah, I can imagine the shock, SHOCK I tell you, that today’s snowflakes would express. How could anyone possibly not be offended to the point of protest at being subjected to such political incorrectness?

• McGuffin says:

Anvils or pianos dropped on them. Run over by cars. Fell into manholes on the street.

• Harry Lime says:

I’ve also been watching season one of All In The Family. Talk about politically incorrect! That show should be required viewing on all college campuses to illustrate how we were able to laugh at uncomfortable situations and at ourselves. The Meatheads of the world would never allow it.

Ah, I forgot about Swee’ Pea.

4. citizen817 says:

5. Jeffrey Bellinger says:

In the winner’s circle yesterday you could see John Velazquez lean down in the saddle to his right and hug a blond with braids around her head. That was daughter number 3.
    On the paulickreport.com which is an insiders publication Adele is prominent in the April 30 piece “pletcher-hopes-calm-aggressive-always-dreaming-rider-equipment-change” which is down the page quite a bit. Her response, the writer’s reply to her, and subsequent comments from other readers are even of greater value (to me) than yesterday’s win.
    Later this morning she will be in the car, leaving Kentucky and heading to Saratoga, where she bought her first home in January after starting to work with Always Dreaming.
    Adele was seven when we moved here from the mystic east. By 11 or 12 she had two sisters as friends who were from a ranching family, and like her, home schooled. She joined them in goat tying all around the state, and a couple years later in barrel racing. In her later teens she moved to Texas for her first job which was to train cutting horses. In a couple years she moved to the Seattle area to train thoroughbreds, and a couple years later to the mystic east, the Florida/Kentucky/NYC/Saratoga circuit. Been working for Todd Pletcher almost five years now.
    I’m not claiming responsibility for any of this. I’m just glad to be associated with her.
    That is the news from Wyoming.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Congratulations to Adele, Pletcher, et al, on doing an excellent job with an excellent horse. I thought he had it in him, but the mud was a concern. His performance was stellar, and Velazquez gave him a first-rate ride. Hope he stays healthy and–who knows?

6. Lucille says:

Same theme from both lefties and Muslims….

Smith College professor, Suleiman A. Mourad: “The U.S. creates terrorism”
    May 6, 2017 5:40 PM by Christine Williams

7. Garrison Hall says:

BB King, RIP.

8. I had some fun early this evening. I happen to own the oldest know surviving betting tickets from the Kentucky Derby, and today being the day, I carried them around with me.

They are from 1917, making them exactly 100 year old this May 12th.. Mint condition, oddly.

Anyway, I asked a bar server for his iphone and took his photo with them. Then I explained their importance. He was blown away, and shared with his boss and some of the other staff.

He was the first person outside of my family (besides the printer, the parimutuel seller, the original purchaser, and the clueless ebay seller) who has handled them. His reaction was priceless. It was like holding the oldest postage stamp, baseball card, blah blah blah.

9. Millwright says:

Let’s see if this works: ” The Thrill Is Gone” performed by Quinn Sullivan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TPhC11I6xk

BB King and Buddy Guy have a worthy successor !!

10. Nomination for the most ear-candy by a rock musician. I’ve watched it numerous times and never have found a missed note.

11. Timmy-the-Ute says:

Making amends for Caturday.

12. nimrodman says:

TWO SOMALI MUSLIM MEN Arrested For Daytime Gun Fight In Olive Garden Parking Lot In City Ranked “#2 Best Place To Live In America”

• Jim in TN says:

How does any city in MN get ranked so high? Imagine the shock of moving from Somali to MN. Fairbanks AK was a nice place, but anyplace that needs to plug in gas powered cars to warm them up enough to function ought not be on that list. I would also throw out places where frying eggs in the sun is a regular news item.

13. Lucille says:

MUSIC….

14. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth…”
    Romans 1:16 (KJV)

15. duchess01 says:

16. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

17. Dora says:

Claude Monet – “GARDEN AT GIVERNY” (1900)

18. Two beautiful documentaries when y’all have time…bookmark for later

19. Dora says:

This is a wonderful story. They all look fine too.

===

Long Island Doctors Repair Skulls of Triplets Born With Extremely Rare Condition

20. God Bless America! Happy Sunday to all!

21. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

22. aredtailblog says:

Is the French election turning out alright?

23. Southpaw says:

Stories for Noah

Reading about the horrible treatment our veterans are receiving at the Veterans Administration makes me sad. Your great great grandfather and great grandfather both served during WW2. My grandfather got inducted earlier than your grandmas dad. He was involved in some of the heaviest European fighting. He returned home with “shell shock ” . Today it is called PTSD. There was not much available for them in those days and he didn’t make it many years past his service. My grandmother and mom didn’t talk a lot about it. Your grandmas dad got inducted much later during the war at young age. We lost him on Christmas Day 2015. His burial service was recorded on video by your dad. Ask him to show it you sometime. When the Marines played taps it is both sad and uplifting, knowing that some have to die to preserve our way of life but there are those of high character willing to do so.

24. Janie M. says:

Joe Bonamasso’s acoustic skills are equally impressive. From his Carnegie Hall concert:

25. BigMamaTEA says:

26. LibertyVibe says:

For any Treepers that are frustrated with those that voted for Trump,but are quick to jump off the train and call him a traitor…I have put this together.This is something that has really been bothering me because I think pulling our support is detrimental to our nation. I can’t imagine how demoralizing it must be for the POTUS right now. I feel like we must rally behind him.There is a section of a speech that he gave this week that is very telling of his heart (IMHO). It is included. Please feel to share it. By the way, my blog is not moneytized. I do not care if you credit me, copy, cut, whatever. http://wp.me/p7kZHT-tO

• Minnie says:

Excellent LibertyVibe, your observation is excellent.

I personally believe Mr. Trump’s brilliance carries him (together with his faith and trust in Almighty God and his steadfast supporters).

OUR President does not double-speak but I do find subtle messages, often replaying his speeches several times.

Faith and trust, always. 🇺🇸

• LibertyVibe says:

Did you listen to the speech? It made me cry. I think he thinks he’s going to pay the ultimate price in the end. I am afraid of it too. The thing is, he knows, and he is gonna do it anyway. Even though we are so awful to him.

• Minnie says:

I did listen to the tribute to Lt. Jack Powers, which was emotional and heartrending.

Mr. Trump knows what he’s facing and needs all of our prayers and support.

As I’ve said, OUR President is one of the most selfless men I have known in my lifetime

At this time in history “there is no room for political correctness”.

MAGA 🇺🇸

• thLuckyOne says:

Yes, I listened to the speech and I’m still having trouble swallowing the lump in my throat. And DAMMIT somebody’s cutting onions. I have not had such admiration for a President since my memories of J.F.K. We MUST support our President in every possible way and we MUST cover Donald Trump and his team with our daily prayers so that SURELY our beloved Lord will hear on high and let us keep him. We will not live to see the like of him again. Thank you, LibertyVibe, you bless me and you bless us all. MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!

• dbethd says:

Thank you for sharing.

27. cycle1 says:

28. Jeffrey Bellinger says:

Been praying for the Froggy election today, and off and on the past two weeks. God knows. If they do not care for their own God it seems to me that even in my lifetime they may learn to pray with their arses pointed toward the Almighty. Not a good position to be in, as they say.

29. Sentient says:

Wikileaks correctly call out NPR fake news. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/liberal-outlet-npr-posts-fakenews-story-french-elections-gets-called-wikileaks/#disqus_thread Wikileaks is a respectable journalistic entity. Maybe Pompeo should threaten to prosecute NPR for being a “non-state intelligence service”. Oh wait, they’re a state-sponsored intelligence service trying to influence the French election. The CIA probably wrote NPR’s copy.

30. zephyrbreeze says:

Why kids are bored at school, easily frustrated and have no real friends: Endless Fun via tech.

31. duchess01 says:

SUNDAY, MAY 7, 2017
    Our Hope and Future is IN the ETERNAL Person of Jesus Christ!

32. Lucille says:

I love this vid. My Dad was a musician and played in bands during the 20s and 30s. This was similar to the music he performed. Columbo, 21 years old in 1929, was multi-talented. He was the bees knees….

Russ Columbo 1929

33. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu. We pray for France, and for the safety of Marine Le Pen.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen