May 7th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #108

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

509 Responses to May 7th – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #108

1. Truthfilter says:

Yesterday I listened to Trump’s entire book, “Think Big and Kick Ass” from 2006(?) while I was driving across 2 states. There’s an entire chapter toward the end called, “Revenge.” In it, DJT advises his readers to hit back 15 times harder whenever they are wronged by someone. He then gives several examples of how he has gotten revenge on people. After listening to this book, there is no doubt in my mind that our president will use Jeff Sessions and the rule of law to go after Obama, Clinton, and their thugs for every offense possible. POTUS is simply following his own advice by waiting on the right time and opportunity.

He also advises his readers to “hire the best people but don’t trust them.” This reassures me that he’s alert and watching even his closest people. The man isn’t naive.

The audio book is free on You Tube. It’s not his best book but it’s entertaining and motivating.

• ginaswo says:

Thank you!!🤗

• Oldschool says:

Yep, that’s the man I voted for!

• Dr T says:

I’ve been saying this for the past 6 months to whomever will listen. He doesn’t forgive nor forget unless it’s in his best interests , now our interests. He will take them all down. He said Ozero was bad and sick . Clue number one.

• Minnie says:

• ALEX says:

You could tell in his Deface the Nation interview last week he is fluent in the surveillance and Clinton camp connections to Russia …He brought up why the FBI couldn’t look at the DNC servers again today in a tweet….

No doubt this is going somewhere and he has a plan…None of this is over and your post confirms this to me…

• Lack is not all says:

Thanks. He is the quintessential new yorker. Dont get mad, get even. Thats why Hillary wants to destroy him before her time comes. So does Obama. Those two know what is at stake for them. Mr Trump also knows and is playing with them like a savvy cat with stupid mice. I love him more every day and my love is a huge one, it started in the 80s when he built the rink in Central Park and enjoyed his revenge against all the corrupted politicians , headed by mayor Koch. Oh that little smile of his when he cut the ribbon on the rink inaguration, with all the politicians around trying to steel some of the glory. Precious. Little I knew then that I would enjoy many moments like that on due time. Gracias Dios mio!

• That is a great story about renovating the rink in Central Park. The rink sat empty for years and they couldn’t figure out how to fix it. Trump got tired of it, got involved and fixed it under budget and ahead of time! I think Ivanka, little girl at the time, asked him when they were going to be able to ice skate again. That’s the short version, well worth a search to read the whole thing.

• Rebnstx says:

Deplorabledeb, they knew how to fix the skating rink. Trump knew the politicians were funneling the money some where else. It probably made him mad & he got it done. He knows the game they all play that is why he is feared.

• Peter says:

Your story of the ice rink reminds me of the summer of 2015 and into the fall when nevertrumpers were yelping around about Trump gave money to Clinton! Oh. My. Gosh! I think the lady from HP actually brought it up in the second debate- as if to make a point that he is unqualified, unpure….

To think it was only a couple of years ago – many still are making jackarses out of themselves today. Where is Bill Kristol these days?

• Yippeekiyay says:

Truthfilter, I think you are right. President Trump is highly principled. He will seek justice for all their wrong doing because it’s the right thing to do.

Thank you for the info. on the audio book. I’ll check it out. Watching our President work is so much fun!

2. Pam says:

3. Pam says:

4. ladypenquin says:

I had idea that might be helpful, not only to me, but also other Treepers. Could the Daily Thread add the Twitter handles for several (if not all) President’s Trump’s cabinet? I’ve had difficulty finding the right ones and have to keep looking them up, whereas if Sundance has them posted daily it might be helpful if we want to message the members, like Sec. Price re: healthcare issues. POTUS gets millions of tweet responses, but maybe some of the others actually can read through some of the messages that come in.

Thanks. 🙂

5. cycle1 says:

6. missmarple2 says:

Belgian papers (no blackout) reporting a large lead for Macron.

Of course, since that’s the site of the EU it might be disinformation to suppress Le Pen turnout.

I have no idea. Le Pen winning would be a miracle, however.

• eagledriver50 says:

Don’t forget the Belgium Airport bombing last year…coming from those newspapers and media…have their head in the sand…I believe that what was said above is too LOWER the voter turnout for LePen…Hope I’m wrong and ALL her supporters VOTE and do away with Macarony!!!

7. Howie says:

French turnout 65% MSM not happy.

8. cycle1 says:

Live French Election coverage! In English!

9. NJF says:

Will be interesting to see if we have a replication of Nov 8th, with the media trying to drag Hildabeast’s carcus over the finish line by manipulation of exit polls data & delaying calling states.

The inevitable meltdown was a joy to witness. Should be very, very interesting.

10. sunnydaze says:

Here’s RT coverage:

11. Weeper says:

I have to post this. I’ll move it to an appropriate thread later. For those that don’t know my story, hubby is not a PDJT fan, he watches MSM, and drives me nuts!!

This is an update from my earlier post about watching “Greet my Stress” live. I liked “Tom Price is Right”, the rest, not so much…..UNTIL

With about 5 minutes left, head HRC cheerleader Andrea Mitchell (filling in for the Toad), decides to play a clip from “HER first real attempt to explain why she lost”. The clip shows HER saying “Yes, I made mistakes, but the REAL reason was because of the events of the 10 days leading up to the election”.

Hubby yells at the TV….”No. The reason you lost was because of your Weiners”, and he changed the channel. I’m hysterical, and he says “That was funny, huh? Her Weiners turned out to be losers.” Still laughing I said to myself “You have NO idea”. 😀

Go ahead Hill. Go on with your megaphone carrying mouthpieces every chance you get!!!

Moral of the story: Winning!! Winning!! Winning!!

MAGA!!! 🦁

• rashamon says:

One little inch at a time, Weeper. One little inch and thwack! You’ve got him! (Except you NEVAH admit this. It’s ALWAYS his idea.) Ah, the lusty lives we lead trying to train our men! (Jez joshing’, guys…kinda(

• Weeper says:

😉 You bet rashamon. Almost 34 years in…..I got this 😀 He’ll be on the train before he realizes what’s happened, but it MUST be his idea to board!!!

• Lack is not all says:

You guys are so funny. You remind me of many many years ago when I was confronted with the same predicament. I could tell you something: it gets better with time. Now we are in our 80s and conversions into reasonable ideas go faster. One has a reputation now. It helps

• rashamon says:

Welcome. Humor conquers all. There’s nothing like your opponent dissolving in laughter when you’ve cornered them in a right-angle from which neither one of you can escape. Checkmate. {{Laugh track}}

• Minnie says:

Hahaha that’s great 😁

Thanks for the share, perhaps time and patience will pay off?

12. Howie says:

If it is too close to call at 2 look out!

13. asawasa says:

first exit polls coming in..Le Pen has a narrow lead atm.

Exit polls 4:50pm
    Pro France Le Pen 50.7%
    Rothschild Banker Macron 49.3%
    Gap increasing

14. citizen817 says:

15. Rick says:

Barbara Streisand at her recent Brooklyn concert introduces Hillary Clinton as “the winner of our country’s popular vote.”

She later talked about hearing a recent interview by Hillary Clinton and said it “makes us yearn for what could have been, what should have been. I was thrilled to hear yourself describe yourself as an activist citizen and part of the resistance.”

I’m sick of these self-absorbed Hollywood twits and their delusional comments. “Babs”, here are the facts:

1) There are 3,141 counties or equivalents in the United States. The AP considers parishes in Louisiana as counties in election tallies. Washington, D.C., and Alaska have a single statewide reporting unit. Virginia’s count includes 95 counties and 38 independent cities.

2) Overall, Trump won approximately 2,600 counties to Clinton’s 500, or about 84% of the geographic United States.

3) The United States is comprised of 3, 797,000 square miles.

4) 5 Counties in CA, and the 5 Counties that make up NY City accounted for 4,450,000 Clinton votes. (2.780M in CA & 1.670M in NY) These 10 counties footprint on America totals 10,187 square miles or about .268% of the total 3,797,000 square miles of US geography.

The Liberal bastion of these 10 counties is what gave Clinton the popular vote. (which was less than 2.9M votes total 65.853M Clinton vs. 62.984M Trump) Also, it’s likely that a greater percentage of illegals bolstered the total count within these 10 counties.

For Babs Streisand to argue that “it makes us yearn for what could have been, what should have been” is a moronic statement coming from a completely detached human being. To think that 10 counties (out of 3141) of this great country should have determined the results of our Presidential Election is the reason that the Electoral College exists. Total insanity and irrational thinking. It’s this type of thinking that continues to stir the resistance that we see since the election.

The truth be known is that we are stronger than what we even realize. Stick with the truth and the facts!

• ALEX says:

Clinton won California by four million votes and the popular vote overall by three million….We didn’t have an election to elect the President of California is what I tell democrats….EVERYONE knew the RULES….

• ALEX says:

Looking at your stats again I will have to check my numbers, but you are correct either way…President Trump played to win and that’s just what he did handily…

• Rick says:

Alex, final vote counts differ everywhere. I used Wiki #’s. Overall, Trump’s strategy was too much for Clinton to bear. LOL!

• SteveInCO says:

He used leverage in close states to flip electoral votes with just a relative handful of people-ballots.

All the effort in the world, on his part, would not have flipped CA, but he could get nearly as many unexpected votes (20 + 16 + 10=46 vs CA’s 55) much more easily going after PA, MI, and WI. He almost got MN too for another 10 votes.

• Rick says:

Surely, CA & NY were never in his sights and he spent no capital in those two States. The arrogance of Clinton (and the stupidity) of her overconfidence kept her out of WI and at the last minute they sent Bill & Biden into MI. Trump’s team played to the right audience and the EC final outcome supported the whitewash that the hag was confronted with. So much so, she couldn’t show her face to her supporters in the wee hours of Nov. 9th. TOTAL LOSER and she still can’t look herself in the mirror to accept the fact she ran a horrible campaign.

• Martin says:

She didn’t win the popular vote. The illegal and dead votes do not count.

16. NickD says:

Grubers gotta Grube. What a snake

17. Katie says:

The MSM has no idea how stupid their game is.

When they said Hillary had a 98% chance of winning, in my mind, IF I was a Hillary voter, why would I bother to vote at all if she was such a sure thing? They’re doing the same thing with Macron. The media is basically telling everyone, yep, he’s going to win. So Macron supporters will think, “Hey. My guy is going to win. He doesn’t need my vote. I’m going to stay in my pajamas and lounge on my couch all day.” Where Trump and La Pen voters ran and are running their way to the polls because they know every single vote will help their candidate.

It’s mind-boggling how stupid the MSM truly is.

18. citizen817 says:

19. Minnie says:

Think I will hang here in the Presiddntial thread awhile.

Sundance posted a French election thread and I can’t bear to visit – yet – feels like the evening of 11/8 all over again.

I presently have no direct horse in that race but the outcome will have global effects.

God be with us 🙏

20. citizen817 says:

This could be the end of France. Hopefully not!

21. mireilleg says:

Bad news Macron won.

22. rashamon says:

Interesting comment by the France24 live coverage: “Brexit, Trump…they were a middle class vote.”

Breaking news, y’all. Our freedom — all of ours — is a Middle Class Vote. Republics grow off the Middle Class Vote. Entrepreneurs develop out of the Middle Class Vote. Ingenuity is a result of the Middle Class Vote.

You screw around with the MIddle Class Vote, you kill society at its best and the future of our planet. No tribe, clan, pride, nation, coalition exists without considering the welfare of its Middle Class.

23. citizen817 says:

Fox News has officially gone to the dogs.
    Two of the biggest liars on health care given a platform. Gruber & Rove…ugh

24. citizen817 says:

Mulvaney on Face the Nation

25. Katie says:

Protests in New Orleans today over the removal of the statues.

26. sgtrok13 says:

Break out the popcorn because things are going to get out of control in France and Europe.
    I never had any sympathy for France. They have always despised America despite all we have done for them.
    Sure. I hear the famous retort ” But the revolutionary war”
    Nope. They had plans to take advantage of us.
    When I was stationed in Germany as an Infantryman we would train periodically with the “Frogs” as we referred to them.
    They were weak. Pathetic really.
    During French Command School, an oxymoron really, they would cry regularly if things got too difficult. As American soldiers we laughed at them openly. It was even better if British Soldiers were training with us as well. The Brits and us would openly taunt them.
    One day a Frog went to light up a Joint in Doughboy City, Berlin. My squad leader slapped it right out of his hand. Their rations had cognac.
    There was no mystery as to why they lost their country twice.
    The French aren’t like us. They never will be. They have always been a country up for the taking. The Pavlov’s dogs of Europe and yet they have a false sense of belief that they are above everyone else.
    Le Pen was a powerful figure that they don’t deserve. She intimidated them.
    Remember they executed Joan of Arc.
    Nothing has changed. They are socialists and slaves.
    Now watch them burn again for the umpteenth time in their history.

• Gil says:

They had a chance at an aha moment and snuffed it out. Cowards. Moving on to save our country now. America first.

• aredtailblog says:

Nonetheless, it would’ve been cool to actually draw an Asterix-related picture for them had Le Pen won.

• missmarple2 says:

The English captured and executed Joan of Arc. She was tried by the pro-English Bishop of Beauvais. Just a point of historical accuracy.

Thigs were a little muddled in alliances at that time, as the Burgundians were allied with England.

27. aredtailblog says:

As another silver lining, I remember reading somewhere that the German AfD party finally got a seat in German Parliament. Can anyone else affirm this?

28. patrickhenrycensored says:

Onward We Much
    The new hillary scam of resisting reality for funge and profit.

29. youme says:

Obamacare Architect Gets Called Out for Blaming Law’s Failures on Trump

30. Martin says:

31. ALEX says:

Just a couple reminders the Fake MSM is a sham and so is right wing media for most part..

• Your Tour Guide says:

Alex:
      Lord allmighty, I wish there was some way that this could be made
      printer friendly. I talk about this at work all the time, and everyone
      rolls their eyes.

32. Bull Durham says:

One way of analyzing the French results is to understand the generations of self-loathing in French society. They accuse themselves of massive anti-semitism, though the French Jews are very powerful in all sectors of the economy and culture. They accuse themselves of racism though for decades they were the least racist in the very urban centers where now racism is the conflict. The French have had no unifying champion since de Gaulle They have suffered Liberal indoctrination and programming antithetically poise against their nation sovereignty and cohesion as a culture.

They are a continental California. Lost in the wilderness of PC and confused by lies and propaganda.

Le Pen could only do so much. Now, she must do another five years of work to elucidate the causes of France’s troubles. Macron will lead the nation into disasters at every turn and in every depth. He is a worse leader than Hollande and the nation will turn on him shortly.

They were programmed to despise Marine because of her father. She now is purified of that residue and can build a coalition to take back the nation. She loves France. That is what matters.

33. Michelle says:

Is anyone else watching this 60 minutes episode about the illegal immigrant who was deported? I have zero sympathy. The guy broke the law not just when he came in, but also had an order/agreement of deportation from 17 years ago. And his US citizen wife regrets voting for Trump because they didn’t think he’d deport “non-criminal” illegal aliens. “Oh but he chose to disobey the order to leave because I was pregnant.” But that’s the choice they made! They could have left together. They chose to stay. So, with any choice you make, you have to be ok with the consequences. I don’t understand how all these whiners don’t understand that if you consciously choose something, you have to take responsibility for your choice and its consequences.

• Lack is not all says:

They dont think about consequences thats why they cross the border illegally. Our country was built on trust and for many years trust was implicit law. Now, no more, since this illegal invasion of untrustable peoples poison the well. They might not consider themselves criminals but IMHO they are detrimental to a well functioning society. Sorry, out. Learn first respect to law if you want to live here. We have enough of the bad ones being born here. Why would we import new ones that contribute to destroy the system? We need good people , trustworthy people.

34. keebler AC says:

Math is not a liberal forte. “Socialist” France now being run by a banker is pretty sad and divines how indoctrinated the masses are by the media, who themselves are just parrots for the bankers.

The abstention vote was 25% which means synthetic Macron did not get 65%. He got only got 48% (65% of 75%) – which is NOT A MAJORITY. Time to school the libs! Regroup, regather, fight back!

35. Liked by 4 people

36. http://whoismyrepresentative.com/

Who represents You in the U.S. Congress

Welcome to whoismyrepresentative.com. Here you can find out who represents you in Congress by searching our database by your zipcode or state. To get started, simply enter your zip code or select a state below. You will be presented with your representative’s contact information as well as links to various other information regarding your politician.

37. https://theintercept.com/2017/05/06/oklahoma-governor-signs-anti-protest-law-imposing-huge-fines-on-conspirator-organizations/

The statute Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin approved Wednesday was rushed into immediate effect under a provision that declared the situation “an emergency.” It will dramatically increase penalties against protesters who trespass on property containing a “critical infrastructure facility.”

Under the newly signed trespassing law individuals will face a felony and a minimum $10,000 fine if a court determines they entered property intending to damage, vandalize, deface, “impede or inhibit operations of the facility.” Should the trespasser actually succeed in “tampering” with the infrastructure, they face a $100,000 fine or 10 years of imprisonment.

Significantly, the statute also implicates any organization “found to be a conspirator” with the trespasser, threatening collaborator groups with a fine “ten times” that imposed on the intruder — as much as $1 million in cases involving damage.

A section of the law defining “critical infrastructure” includes various types of fossil fuel facilities. Oklahoma is a center of the oil and gas industry and home of the self-styled “Pipeline Crossroads of the World” in Cushing. The state has seen a dramatic increase in earthquakes since the nation’s fracking boom began, as companies began pumping wastewater produced from hydraulic fracturing underground. The Oklahoma Oil and Gas Association is a supporter of the legislation.

• wheatietoo says:

This is a good thing.

But…ack…that line in there about ‘fracking and earthquakes’ implies that there is a link between the two.

Hydraulic Fracturing began in Oklahoma back in 1949.
      There is no proof that “fracking causes earthquakes”…none, nada, zip.

Some people here are looking for someone to sue, after their homes have had some damage from the earthquake swarm that’s been going on.

And the global warming crowd are delighted to have another thing to blame on the Oil & Gas Industry.

But fracking has been going on across the country for a long time…and earthquakes have not been breaking out in all the areas where fracking has been done.

Areas where fracking has been used:

38. Pam says:

39. patrickhenrycensored says:

barack obama Receives John F. Kennedy Profile In Scourge Award

40. Pam says:

41. Pam says:

42. https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/obamacare-59/
    handy to keep for those praising Ocare.

Here are 341 reasons why Democrats and unions that support Obamacare want exemptions for themselves. Originally posted on September 24, 2013. Last updated on March 13, 2017.

43. In AZ says:

The link is to an article about a “social justice warrior” who writes for Entertainment Weekly. This so called journalist or whatever, is a prime example of the Marxist Communist indoctrination at most universities and colleges……producing Marxists that put ideology above everything. No critical thinking skills, no true education, no common sense, no facts or truth, etc. Just crank out useful idiots who spew the Commie agenda of hate, stupidity, violence, etc.

The idiot who supposedly reviewed the remake of The Orient Express put out a Tweet that not a single Asian is in the movie that is about the Orient. Yes, this writer is that stupid. And when the writer was told about what the movie was really about she doubled down on her stupidity, and then blocked her Twitter account.