Sunday April 30th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

145 Responses to Sunday April 30th – Open Thread

1. suejeanne1 says:

My Mom and I now make serious efforts to avoid watching the news – we check it momentarily to see if the world is still out there – muse over how they get those photos of North Korea’s Kim when he is looking out through the binnocks – then it gets on the news – who is taking the pictures?

Then we go on youtube to look at beautiful houses and neighborhoods and our old stomping grounds, remembering bygone days – then we look around our area at nice houses too and little travelogues people put up there –

but just now we happened to look up at the screen while absent-mindedly simultaneously looking at the real estate magazines from the grocery store –

it was some kind of tour of the desert down here – now they were at the Living Desert, visiting with a veterinarian –

whoops – they were doing a dental examination of some kind of critter, then something else – freaking what – we were both fumbling around for the turn-off with our eyes closed – good Lord –

Mom said, “I thought I was looking at houses – what happened?”

Just turn off the tv, altogether.

• mztore says:

Still trying to figure out those fru-fru pink & red fluffy things everyone in uniform was waving. Are they ALL military? Are there any ‘regular’ folks, or just all paid to wave the pink & red fru-fru things?

2. Millwright says:

As we usher out April around me farmers are working feverishly to get corn in the ground ! Weather and soil conditions have them two weeks later than recent years’ norms. But, in my teen years I spent much of my “Easter Break” on a tractor seat plowing thru rain and snow with the family equipment dealership “demonstrator” ! Also spent time hauling plow shares from Hamburg, PA in a very overloaded 1961 Chrysler 4-door . We had shares everywhere; trunk, back seat floor and even on the rear seat ! I drove; sans any sort of license. Mom slept in the right seat so as to be ready to man the counter at the “shop” !

3. Lucille says:

Uncommon Sense: The People Pay Congress to Break Promises

4. citizen817 says:

5. nimrodman says:

Simply for comic relief, here’s more on that Fyre music festival that went bust in the Bahamas.

All the personalities cited are regular denizens of the right-column scroll alongside any dailymail.co.uk article, and can be seen there daily soaking up publicity like a black hole sucks in doomed galaxies.

A-listers told to avoid Ja Rule music fest before disaster hit

Models Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid Under Fire for Promoting ‘Scam’ Luxury Music Festival

• nimrodman says:

For those concerned about the human-tragedy aspects of the fiasco, the Page Six article reassures:

“Those on yachts fared better, including Nigerian billionaire Kola Aluko, who was there on Galactica Star, his 65-meter (213-foot), $50 million yacht. …

“The people in yachts were fine,” a source told us. “The only thing that they had to deal with was instead of nice boats taking them between their boat and the island, they used life rafts.”

6. SteveInCO says:

A rather…different rendition of The Star Spangled Banner.

• Lucille says:

The people still promoting this Russian meme are not just Dems, but the Never-Trumpers like Evan McMullin and his nutty pal, John Schindler. Amazing!

7. nimrodman says:

Ha ha ha ha. File under “The Left Eating Their Own”

MSNBC haz a sad when pathological liar Brian Williams upstages Rachel Maddow (still can’t believe they brought him back).

Brian Williams called out for ‘patronizing’ Rachel Maddow

“Williams was fired from NBC Nightly News after he was suspended for six months in 2015 after he famously “misremembered” his experiences during the Iraq War. He was bumped to MSNBC as a breaking-news anchor — who can apparently pop up in anyone’s show and say whatever he likes — as well as hosting an 11 p.m. wrap-up hour.

“Sources said MSNBC chief Phil Griffin was furious with Williams’ disdainful treatment of Maddow. According to a source, “Phil gave Brian a very stern rebuke, telling him, ‘Don’t you ever do that again.’ But Rachel didn’t seem bothered by it and just laughed it off.”

8. LibertyVibe says:

News is breaking on why Chaffetz had to quit so suddenly. He is corrupt like the rest of them. Not surprising. http://wp.me/p7kZHT-tc

• Minnie says:

Not willing to “click” that link, can you provide brief synopsis?

Is “WP” the Washington Post? If so, I don’t trust their “news”

I understood chaffetz was leaving DC for awhile due to personal matters.

• WSB says:

One Hope 2016 is a WordPress blog. There is a link and a short preamble below.

Chaffetz chaired the scam investigation that uncovered nothing about the 33 military members, including 17 SEAL team members, who were killed in a Chinook in Afghanistan after Osama Bin Laden was ‘killed’:

“Which is it Mr. Chaffetz? House ‘Oversight’ or House ‘Overlook’ Committee?

*Have you ever wondered why Hillary Clinton and James Comey can testify in front of God and everybody, and basically confess to the most heinous crimes…and get away with it? I think I have figured it out.

When we see these testimonies, they are usually in front of a little group known as the House Oversight Committee. One of the “superstars” of this group has been a gentleman named Jason Chaffetz. Mr. Chaffetz always brings the courtroom drama, and asks the toughest questions of the so called ‘villain’. When he is finished, we know justice will be served. Except it never is. Never, ever.

I think it is time America realizes that we have been played by these actors. The Oversight Committee is nothing more than a theatrical dog and pony show. It is meant to entertain. It is NOT meant to EVER punish the guilty. It should not be called the Oversight Committee. It should be called the Overlook Committee.

Now, Mr. Chaffetz is in big trouble. He is busted. I am posting the whole sordid story below. If you want the reader’s digest version, I suggest scrolling down and watching the video. In short, Mr. Chaffetz was involved in covering up the deaths of a seal team, and a whistleblower who was there, is risking everything to expose it.”

I, and others, posted this from WND a few days ago. This could be the canary in the coal mine.

• LibertyVibe says:

Wp is wordpress. CTH is a wordpress blog as well.

• LibertyVibe says:

It is my blog. The info with video interview of the soldier is there. I know it is safe, but that is up to you.

• Minnie says:

Thank you, reading now.

• Minnie says:

Thank you, I caught the tail end of Joni Marquez’s interview on Hannity’s radio program last week and now understand what I heard.

I believe Circa has been instrumental in delivering legitimate news.

This HAS to have been presented to our current Commander in Chief, heads NEED to roll.

The level of hatred and contempt I had for obunghole and his minions has been blown out of the water.

God rest the souls of all our Servicemen, I don’t have sufficient words of gratitude for their sacrifice, a totally unnecessary sacrifice at that.

• LibertyVibe says:

The exposure of this “oversight” reveals the deep corruption in the House Oversight Committee, Which I believe is nothing more than a dog and pony show. It should be called the House Overlook Committee. This is why Comey and Hillary walked. All that tough talk from Chaffetz was play acting. This was the direction I went in my blog. This Chaffetz story opens the window to a bigger scandal.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Liberty, they are ALL like that. I can’t wait to find out who’s going to resign next. That has always been the congress-criminals get-outta-jail card. Resign quick for certain offenses, for others, just don’t run for re-election.

• LibertyVibe says:

Even Trey Gowdy? I don’t want to believe it, but common sense says he has to be compromised too. ☹️

• BigMamaTEA says:

I verify as much as I can, before trusting. I have a few contacts in DC that I can trust, and a couple of my congress-critters will speak privately with me about some.

Some times it’s not even the actual congress-critter, it’s the system, that they are afraid to challenge. Which is no excuse. But until 2010, some of my OK reps left after a few terms. There just haven’t been enough until recently (it only takes 20-25 that will stick together in the House) to stand up together. It’s a lot of pressure, particularly in the House.

Some, just give up trying to fight, and sell their souls. Some just want out, and some are just now getting their sh&t together as a group.

• LibertyVibe says:

I have hope. Do you think I am a fool?

• BigMamaTEA says:

No I do not think you’re a fool. I just lost faith in the word “hope” for a while.

• LibertyVibe says:

Do you have it back?

• BigMamaTEA says:

• BigMamaTEA says:

I’ve been doing this for 11 years. I now have hope, and not because of any of the evil Obie perpetrated, or that Obie blew the word “hope” for me.

I knew instinctively, probably based on my 2 yr. previous to Obie, researching history; what he was.

I now have hope, because when I first started this one-woman political action command center, which I used to call a corner of my dining room, at first everyone around me, including myself, thought I was nuts. THAT could not happen here. NOT in MY America!

But, the more I researched and documented x 2etc., the more I realized, I was correct. The evil ones were slow-rolling us.And for some reason, (probably cause they are all getting older and starting to die off. Or because of the internet, or a combination of the two; the evil ones put the petal to the metal with Obie!

At that time, 11 years ago when I realized I was not crazy; I felt like I, with the exception of a few out there who we’d been conned into believing WERE nuts, I was alone.

I’m not alone anymore. I have contacts, and contacts with groups all over this country who are doing the activism that is necessary to help PDJT pull this ship through the slog and muck. (sshhh! but don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret. Ha!)

• LibertyVibe says:

I knew instinctually, the day he announced. It was like God switched me on after 20 years of prayer. Like he said, “I’m going to answer those prayers”. That hasn’t changed. I don’t think Trump has betrayed us. I never thought this was going to be easy. It is what it is. Any rescue, is a miracle. I am grateful for it.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Gowdy? He’s still on the straight/narrow for now. With Chaffetz leaving there’s going to be a bid for the Overlook Chair position. I’d like Jim Jordon, just because he doesn’t get along with Leadership. But the Steering committee knows that and are trying to get Gowdy to throw his hat in the ring. (Haven’t figured out exactly what that means yet. But putting out feelers) Darrell Issa wants back in there, I say NO. He takes $$ from CAIR.

• WSB says:

I like Jim Jordan. Dobbs asked him that very question the other night. Jim chuckled!

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen from Florida’s 27th is also not looking for re-election. She is on the Foreign Affairs Committee, ME and SEA subcommittee. Wonder what her real reason for leaving is?

9. citizen817 says:

• yucki says:

Devastating dissection of Soros, translated from the Hungarian:
      “The Gravedigger of the Left: What kind of philanthropist is a serial destroyer of European and Asian currencies, who wiped out the savings, retirement pensions and salaries of masses of ordinary citizens in order to reap huge profits for himself?”

Bits & pieces:
      “The recipe is a simple one. Identify a business target worth acquiring. Send your NGOs onto the spot, destabilise the region, arrange for the necessary media tailwind, create chaos and as soon as that is done, become the one who organises help for reconstruction while cherry-picking the most profitable business opportunities.…

…Buy off the experts, with money, scholarships, awards, fame, recognition or personal promotion, depending on their propensities. Prevent their affiliations from being detected or their incompetence from being revealed….

Buy off the local media…remunerate them properly to have them work for the purposes you set for them. Reward them and promote them, too. You can identify the media outlets that are stuffed with Soros money… by their habit of following the Leninist tactics of personal attacks. They never challenge causes….Their activists and journalists are experts in character assassination.
      …….
      Case studies – who would know better than a Hungarian patriot?
      “Sorosism” [yech, poo!] describes the “goal he set himself” to topple our PDJT!

10. Dora says:

Boris Wedernikow – ‘Still Life on Blue’ (2005)

11. Donna in Oregon says:

It’s going to be May Day, when all the crazies in Portland and Seattle riot. Get ready for the left to try and terrorize Sanctuary cities all across America. It’s an intimidation tactic, these weirdos are just trying to psych-out the American people.

When it comes to self-preservation and dangerous situations, have always watched the quiet ones…..why? Usually the most dangerous. Their reactions are methodical, thought-out and most devastating. Who is quiet in this Globalist disagreement? Patriots.

Leftists never shut-up. They put on a show, but if it was something serious they’d run. The press would be one of the first to shut their yaps. So until there is something serious I plan to relax and ignore them.

Don’t think for a second that their Globalist ringmasters don’t realize there is a red line. We know who they are, but they don’t see or hear from us. Didn’t even know we existed until Nov. 8, 2016. They are scared. We are not.

Relax and enjoy the Trump ride. Don’t worry… be happy. Be at peace, we don’t need to do anything right now except take care of ourselves.

• auscitizenmom says:

” Get ready for the left to try and terrorize Sanctuary cities all across America. It’s an intimidation tactic, these weirdos are just trying to psych-out the American people.” It seems to me that if they do intimidate the American people, that the American people will be so afraid that they will want the Sanctuary cities ended.

12. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“…Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things…”
    Matthew 25:23 (KJV)

13. Dora says:

14. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

15. Lburg says:

My parents moved to this place twenty years ago. My dad used to joke “We didn’t move to nowhere, but you can see it from the front porch.” Wish he was still around so I could tell him that sometimes when you think you’re seeing nowhere, you actually seeing everywhere.

16. Lburg says:

Ah. The sweet smell of innovation……and just desserts. (http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/29/yale-college-republicans-host-barbecue-right-next-to-hunger-strike/) Snip:

Members of the Yale College Republicans hosted a barbecue Friday right next to where members of the Local 33 graduate student union participated in a hunger strike, the New Haven Register reports.

The College Republicans served a meal of barbecued beef, baked beans and corn to those on the plaza, just a few feet from the tent Local 33 had erected to house hunger strikers protesting the school’s decision not to negotiate a contract.

• amwick says:

Are those the same hunger strikers that can eat if they want? Yup! Too weird. http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/27/yale-students-have-symbolic-hunger-strike-eat-when-hungry/

• dutzie60 says:

And there’s this … bet the Yalies wish they would have thought of this (if it’s not here already)

Britain’s largest national student union has told attendees of its annual conference they would face “consequences” for cheering and clapping because these forms of expression exclude deaf people.

The National Union of Students (NUS), which includes most university student unions, held a two-day conference on Tuesday.

During the conference, audience members were repeatedly warned that they must stop whooping and expressing support for a speaker because it has “serious impact” on the accessibility of the conference, The Daily Telegraph reported.

Instead of clapping, the students were advised to use “jazz hands” – a gesture when people wave their hands in the air – as it’s believed to be more inclusive to people with hearing problems.

• auscitizenmom says:

What these doofuses don’t realize is……..jazz hands excludes the blind. 😳

• dutzie60 says:

Can I get a “Duh!” 🙂

• auscitizenmom says:

The really stupid part of this is that the deaf can see the hands clapping, so they are aware of what is going on. They can also join in, even if they can’t hear. However, the blind are shut out altogether with jazz hands. I knew these special groups demands would start bumping into each other. LOL

• dutzie60 says:

Need to add —- What will they do to accommodate the blind? “Thanks for coming. Now there will be no clapping or sounds to respect the deaf and now everyone close your eyes to respect the blind.” I’m guessing at this point the “speaker” will just leave and go have a drink. They’ll need it. 🙂

• Lburg says:

I think ‘jazz hands’ is discriminatory. It presupposes that the deaf are also blind and can’t figure out when people are clapping and cheering – in other words, they are not only deaf, they are also dumb….and not in the can’t speak kind of way.

If they really wanted to be inclusive, they’d have a sign language interpreter projected onto a screen and the deaf could figure out for themselves whether or not they want to clap, hoot and holler.

SMH

17. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

18. BigMamaTEA says:

19. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Thanks Dmitri. 🙂

20. StuckInBlue says:

Media: WE ARE NOT FAKE!
    Public: How do we know?
    Media: BECAUSE WE SAID SO!
    Public: Yeah, right.

21. BigMamaTEA says:

Donna, but I must add……get a little exercise, get that rust out of your joints at least, and go to the range.

22. BigMamaTEA says:

I look forward to this……..

23. youme says:

Some north Korean woman preparing for an American takeover caught practicing line dancing…

• wondering999 says:

God only knows… but I’m suspecting they are more likely to get a Chinese and South Korean takeover before this is all done…. we need to take over our own country

24. Treepers, let us collectively take a moment to pray together. The scenes coming off the Weather Channel of areas in TX from tornadoes last night and today are tear inducing. LA, also under the gun as is AL GA and many others, and the devastating floods in MO, IL, AR etc heartbreaking.

Be well and safe all Treepers, may God protect you and comfort you, Amen💖

25. Dora says:

The Godfather is one my very favorite movies. Too bad Mr. Brando isn’t still around to join the celebration.

=====

Al Pacino reveals he drunkenly believed The Godfather would be the ‘worst film ever’… as he joins Robert De Niro, Diane Keaton and the cast at 45th anniversary screening

The Godfather was released in 1972 and is widely regarded as one of the greatest films in world cinema

The cast reunited on Saturday for a screening at Tribeca Film Festival

Al Pacino, 77, revealed the cast got drunk after filming as they believed the film would be a flop

26. youme says:

• auscitizenmom says:

I read an article about this subject in the UK years ago. They wanted to put a picture of a dog on the police car, or something. It caused a big brouhaha and they backed off. Another reason I don’t like or support muslims.

27. 💖Glory be to our God, His Son and The Holy Spirit💖

28. ginaswo says:

For fellow classic rock fans, I think Desert Trip ’17 will be announced in next few days (AEG like to wait for Coachella and Stagecoach to end first), and I am hoping we get Led Zepp😎

Robert Plant’s home page is now dark with only the words ANY TIME NOW.

pleasepleaseplease

29. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen