Secretary Sonny Perdue Welcomed as Head of U.S. Dept. of Agriculture…

After a lengthy confirmation process -the result of Democrats choosing to politicize, obstruct and delay the Trump administration- the Senate voted yesterday (87-11) to confirm Sonny Perdue as Agriculture Secretary.

Sonny Perdue came by his knowledge of agriculture the old fashioned way: he was born into a farming family in Bonaire, Georgia. From childhood, and through his life in business and elected office, Perdue has experienced the industry from every possible perspective. Uniquely qualified as a former farmer, agribusinessman, veterinarian, Air Force veteran, state legislator, and governor of Georgia, he is the 31st United States Secretary of the Department of Agriculture

Secretary Perdue was sworn in earlier by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, a fellow Georgian, and promptly went directly to the USDA to begin work.  Here’s his introduction (skip to 4:41 for Perdue remarks beginning):

This entry was posted in media bias, President Trump, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture. Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Secretary Sonny Perdue Welcomed as Head of U.S. Dept. of Agriculture…

1. sundance says:

• Common attitude in the ag world. I might almost say, universal attitude, but there must be some bad actors somewhere in the US.

• G. Combs says:

“…there must be some bad actors somewhere in the US.”

Yes there are. The people who rented my farm. The land survey in the 1940s showed it had over 2 feet of some of the best loam in the area (mid NC) However when I bought it in 1994 there was 98% clay and no loam or organic matter. It was sold because it would not support anything but weeds. I converted it to pasture and now have about 6 inches or more of nice black loam again… and now some one wants to rent it.

I certainly hope we see some real common horse sense in the Ag dept. now. We can certainly use it.

2. Donna in Oregon says:

Yeah!!! 🙂 Welcome Sec. Sonny!

3. A2 says:

Another right man for the right job. Congratulations Secretary Sonny.

4. fedback says:

What a great likeable guy.
    Wonderful speech
    14 grandchildren
    He will do a great job as secretary of agriculture

5. Truth seeker says:

Congratulations Governor Perdue now Secretary Perdue!!! Proud Georgian moment!!!

6. freddiel says:

He. Is. Perfect. What a likeable man! I love that he rolled up his sleeves. He has already put together a vision and he seems to be genuinely excited to be at the helm. I am expecting some great things to be coming out of the Dept. of Ag.

7. aqua says:

What a terrific selection by President Trump. I wish Secretary Sonny the best of luck!

8. as a daughter of the west I lived in Georgia for 18 years. Sonny Perdue was my governor for 8 years. First republican gov elected in GA since Reconstruction.

9. MrE says:

It took 3 months for an 87-11 confirmation vote. 87-11. Absolutely ridiculous. 2018 keeps looking better and better!

10. Brian L says:

Maybe he can get rid if this halal meat processing crap that requires the torture of the animal before slaughter.

• chbailey says:

That’s right! America has worked hard to progress with humane animal welfare laws. To “tolerate” a regress is unacceptable.

11. Orygun says:

I am hopeful that he can get our nations forests back on track. They have been neglected and closed since Reagan. President Trump is great at picking the right people for the right job. Go Sonny!

12. Landslide says:

A must see video! I knew nothing prior to this about him, but just LOVED his personality and manner. You can feel the integrity and high character coming from him. Super personable! Thank God the adults have arrived.

13. deplorabledooku says:

I think there’s still another cabinet member yet to be confirmed. Would that be the replacement for Labor nominee Puzder?

• Kaco says:

It is absolutely atrocious he is now just being sworn in! Yes, I’m also wondering how many secretaries are left to be confirmed now or was he the last department head?

14. Pam says:

I saw this speech earlier. He seems like a real down home great guy.

15. sundance says:

16. sundance says:

17. sundance says:

• Love that little FFA girl sitting next to POTUS! Those FFA kids are the best and will be our future leaders in ag!

• G. Combs says:

As VP, Al Gore told the FFA members at a national award ceremony not to bother going into farming. My ag extension agent was livid!

This comes from the Ag Journal, Billings, Montana:
        “At a recent ceremony at the White House, Vice President and presidential candidate Al Gore let slip what many have long believed was his real intention as regards to U.S. agriculture.

“While presenting a national award to a Colorado FFA member, Gore asked the student what his/her life plans were. Upon hearing that the FFA member wanted to continue on in production agriculture, Gore reportedly replied that the young person should develop other plans because our production agriculture is being shifted out of the U.S. to the Third World.”

18. BG2 says:

Now what tsort of mutant might Hillary have appointed?
    An American hating Green activist to preside over the marginalisation of environmentally evil US Agriculture, I believe.
    Bad luck Hilly.

• tonyE says:

Most likely someone who believes that meat, tofu and vegetables come from a supermarket.. so who needs water for farming, huh? Gotta keep those fishies in the Delta well fed… extend that thought all over the US.

19. quintrillion says:

What a wonderful, down-to-earth man. I would work for him in a heart-beat. Boy, President Trump sure can pick great people. More winning.

20. What a great man! His speech to his new associates was priceless. It reminded me of Sec of State, T-Rex’s speech. I would have loved to have Mr. Perdue as my vet. He just oozes love, caring and knowledge. We are sooooooo lucky to have POTUS and his supremely awesome cabinet.

I think the “cage” should be renamed the “Bountiful”. Or the Bounty for short

21. Fe says:

My husband grew up on a dairy farm, and his father grew up farming the family owned land in northern Illinois. Secretary Purdue is awesome. Very excited to see what he does to help our agriculture and farmers.

22. Coldeadhands says:

“We got a lot of people depending on us!”
    Love the southern hospitality and his down to earthiness Go get em Sonny!

23. Cee says:

Sent, via snail-mail today, (Why doesn’t DoA have a public email address!?):

25 Apr 2017, 5:35 p.m.
    Hon. Secretary Perdue:

God Bless You, God Bless You, God Bless You!

Congratulations on your confirmation, Mr. Secretary; and thank you for your service to this nation. You have been called to duty (again!) to serve in a time of need and grievous uncertainty & peril. May your proven and steady hand be guided by Him above in all matters to help all of us in our journey to Make America Great Again!

Your selection and confirmation re-asserts the prescience of President Trump’s wisdom in choosing only the best to serve the interests of our nation! May God cast his mighty blessing over you, your family, and our glorious nation!

Very Respectfully, Warmly, & with Fondest Wishes, Sir –
    (Sig.)

(I dont mess around with this stuff; my boys’ future is at stake!)….

24. Tfields says:

Sonny Perdue is also known for installing state judges while governor of Georgia that he later tried his cases before when he went back into private practice at his law firm here in Georgia . Good old fashioned corrupt southern Democrat.

25. auntiefran413 says:

I have to confess that this “big city girl” had no interest in spending 10 or so minutes listening to a farmer-politician…and almost passed up the video. This man is not only charming and articulate, but a patriot! God bless you, Secretary Perdue…and God bless America.

• G. Combs says:

If you want to eat I suggest you pay attention to farmers. Remember STARVATION is a favorite weapon of the Left and they have been attacking the US farmer since before WWII.

“The Socialist Revolution in the US cannot take place because there are too many small independent farmers there. Those people are the stability factor. We here in Russia must hurry while our government is stupid enough to not encourage and support the independent farmership.” — V. Lenin, the founder of the Russian revolution
      Quote provided by Anna Fisher

SEE: History, HACCP and the Food Safety Con Job by Nicole Johnson
      She documents the targeting of US independent farmers by a ” group, called the Committee for Economic Development, [it] was officially established in 1942 as a sister organization to the Council on Foreign Relations. CED has influenced US domestic policies in much the same way that the CFR has influenced the nation’s foreign policies.”

• auntiefran413 says:

Thank you, but I have to tell you that I support a Missouri farmer by being a member of his co-op. We pay at the beginning of the growing season; he then delivers wonderful seasonal produce at a central drop-off point for pick-up. My only problem is that there’s way too much for a household of only one so I share, share, share to the point where others have joined his co-op.

26. Leslie Ingersoll says:

Congratulations to Mr. Purdue, we are in awe of your humble, strong and transparent leadership! Thank you😘

The “cage” renaming: I submit 3 off the top of my head.
    1. The Stable