Venezuela On The Brink – Images and Video…

The media is downplaying, and in most cases ignoring, the extreme nature of the crisis currently going on in socialist Venezuela under the Maduro regime.  Most of the cries for help are from people begging the international media to cover their plight.

Some of the video and photography are stunning as millions of people take to the streets to protest a collapsing economy and food shortages while being met with tanks, guns and rogue militias hired by the government.

Some of the targeted citizens appear chosen at random.  Some of the citizens are also desperate and fighting back. Warning – These images are graphic and the video feeds are also alarming.  However, the media are barely reporting on any of this, and unfortunately, it looks like things are getting worse:

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — At least 12 people were killed overnight following looting and violence in Venezuela’s capital amid a spiraling political crisis, authorities said Friday. […] Venezuelan social media was ablaze late into the night with grainy cellphone videos of light-armored vehicles plowing down dark streets to control pockets of protesters who set up burning barricades in several neighborhoods.

This woman’s cry for freedom is heartbreaking.

As this lady and her family was filming the armed official shooting in the street, he turned and shot at her in her home.

So much tear gas has been deployed people are fleeing their homes amid the confrontations.  The local district medical units appear overwhelmed, and also fearful of being targeted.

This woman was shot in her home by either militia or Venezuelan guards.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Communist, Uncategorized, Venezuela. Bookmark the permalink.

382 Responses to Venezuela On The Brink – Images and Video…

1. fangdog says:

The puppy hugging snowflakes supporting Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton had no idea we would be on our way to Venezuela had one of those two been elected. The fact that any freedom loving American would even think of socialism/communism is testament to the successful propaganda indoctrination by the US media and US education system.

• Jedi9 says:

Well again, as I said this before on this site only to be fallen on deaf ears, is the US media, Hollywood, and academic culture and their indoctrination’s is the result of post Modernism moral relativists paradox, works of the critical theorists from the Frankfurt school whose roots are on Marxists ideology that began to seize control of every aspect of society is the result of today’s popular culture. Just as Sundance pointed out, this is getting very little media attention. Why? Because it goes against their own paradigm in admitting Socialism’s failures. The good news there is a shift from this school of thought beginning to take hold.

• fleporeblog says:

Jedi9 it really is! However there is TRUE HOPE with Generation Z.

From the article linked below:

This is perhaps the mechanism behind their strong support for Donald Trump. In polling data collected by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation including 50,000 high-school students aged 14-18 just prior to the election, first time voters presented a 46% – 31% divide in favor of the Republican candidate with primary concerns being education, gun rights, and health care. When expanded to reflect their generation as a whole Trump still maintained a 14-point advantage over Clinton at 34% — 20%.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/07/the-post-millennial-generation-should-worry-democrats/

From the article linked below:

This trend continued onto topics like “saving money” and “tattoos,” where Generation Z far surpassed the last two generations in terms of how conservative they are. This shift comes down to one main idea: Conservatism is the new counterculture.

Throughout history, teenagers and children often rebel against their parents. Due to resentment and anger, they will do things outside of their parents’ approval. Smoking weed, joining gangs, sneaking out at night are all activities that teenagers have done.

• Jedi9 says:

Good Stuff.

“The problem with Post Modern theories is that if there is no universal Truth, how can anyone objectively criticize human acts such as the Holocaust, slavery, forced female genital mutilation…? So on the surface, Postmodern perspectives disarm all political philosophies, including the entire basis of liberal democracies like the United States that are based on the “self evident” principles of equality and freedom. But these “self evident” principles, it perhaps turns out, have no more basis in objective “truth” than the basis of Nazism, the Taliban, Stalinism; they are simply another set of culturally bound ideologies.

Recall that traditionally, from an Enlightenment, Romantic, Marxist or religious context, art (including literature) served the purpose of examining and critiquing human folly and constructing possible solutions; traditionally, all art helped propel mankind toward some ideal. Some say Postmodern creative work has given up this task and represents a culture utterly apathetic about progress, truth, love, equality etc. Even Postmodern Power/Knowledge theory would suggest that Postmodern art is Bourgeois: it exists to further existing power structures and shore up the wall between the haves and the have-nots; it encourages the haves to ignore the have-nots and excludes those have-nots from the Enlightenment democratic dialogue. In other words, you have to be really comfortable and free to enjoy art that doesn’t help you improve your position in life. No one who is unhappy with their position in life is going to consume art that does not help them in their struggle for improvement. Or, put another way, the hungry never celebrate nihilism.”

• harrietht3 says:

Jordan Peterson ties it all up very neatly in this youtube:

“The Evil of Postmodernism.”

Jordan Peterson is the Canadian psychology professor who declined last September to employ — as directed by his university administration — transgender pronouns when addressing students in his classroom who wanted not to be he or she. (There’s a great interview of JP by Mark Steyn, surrounding that incident and the Canadian government’s dictating what words are used — a blatant assault on free speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4obxH2vSms)

I highly recommend both videos if you’ve not already seen them.

• Jedi9 says:

Thank you so much for this! I really appreciate you sharing these videos! I am currently working on a book due out (fingers crossed) this fall about The implications of Mass Media in a post modern world. This guy has a wealth of material to draw from that will prove to be very useful. Always refreshing to hear others perspective as it relates to this subject matter. For the most part, I really think in order to change the left, is to go after academia and it’s entrenched institutions and Post Modernism is at the root of it all. This is my singular cause and I will not rest until I have made my mark on changing this school of thought. Right now Berkley needs to be on lock down and and cut off from it’s public funding forced into submission, as does the rest of the state of California. Canada is even worse, and I can’t even imagine how it is going to survive with everything it’s culture is going through now.

• harrietht3 says:

I wish you God speed in your worthy endeavor, Jed19.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

AMEN! Taking back academia is a MUST2MAGA item.

• Jedi9 says:

Ha! Thanks Wolfie!

Your absolutely right! This is a high priority in making our country whole again! It is the symptom that is the cause it’s ills, like a cancer that needs treatment!

• wolfmoon1776 says:

“The most important single force in winning against Communism is in the field of education.”

-W. Cleon Skousen, in “The Naked Communist”

I have found this book to have a far greater understanding of Communism than any book I’ve yet read on the subject.

• Jedi9 says:

Thank you Harrietht3! I really appreciate your encouragement and it inspires me even more to work harder on this to see it through to its end! It has been a difficult but enlightening process in arriving to the place that I am at today with this. This project has been going on 5 years in the making and finally I doing so with clarity, as my belief driven by God himself to get this done is guiding me in every word I am articulating on every page. Just a brief background on how I started this is:

I started writing this book shortly after the Sandy Hook Massacre occurred. I was so outraged by media’s narrative of trying to create a convenient argument of “it is about gun control that I finally had enough. Remember the staged crocodile tears of Obama on national TV as a reaction? What about the news paper that published the addresses of registered gun owners? Or the shear hypocrisy of main stream media of purposely omitting the gun violence that was happening in Chicago? It was then it became obvious to me what was happening.

What started out as an essay with the intent to respond to an argument in opposition on this issue in particular on an internet forum, morphed into something else larger. My research started into mass shootings and the history of it in America and around the world. This was exacerbated when listening to Michael Moore’s idiotic statements in particular about America’s love affair with guns as being sick. I went down the proverbial rabbit hole as my research continued along this thread of thinking. My findings were startling as I tried and attempted to answer this question as to why such mass shootings were occurring and to succinctly counter the main stream’s argument against more Gun control. During which time, you had the idiot politician New York Governor Mario Cuomo as a knee jerk reaction introduce new legislation limiting gun magazines, then following the Jeffery Dorner (the renegade LA cop who went on a shooting spree) episode playing out, then the Navy yard shooting, Bundy ranch stand down, morphing into terrorist shootings of Orlando and San Bernardino and so forth. This also took me into researching the history of Main stream media and it’s evolution, as well as discovering the semiotic relationships with the food industry, (depression, the cause of it through the sugar additives food manufacturers were putting in various brands, media targeting children with such sugar induced products etc. and the pharmaceutical companies with the anti depression drug markets all were and are tied in with one another), drug companies as lobbyists etc., etc., it was starting to make sense on one level why the issue just went away for some reason.

Also I won’t get into the BLM and their assault on police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, because at that point I had stopped writing for awhile. The reason why, is that even though I devoted considerable time and research in pursuit of answering these questions with a profound perspective what was happening to our society, as I had already by then written about almost 200 pages, I wasn’t any closer to completing this project, let alone having confidence in my presentation of it. I somehow lost focus and put the project down for a while in order to assess my project and the progress I made. What I noticed in doing so was that my writing was starting to take a partisan tone along the lines of the political spectrum, as well as calling leftists out in certain regards to references and the structure of my chapters, as they wandered in having a coherent theme through out. In other words I hit a wall. It wasn’t until early last year I started researching Cultural Theory and Popular culture that I began reshaping my perspective again when I started understanding the concept of “Post Modernism” This is when the light bulb in my head went back on, and shortly after I began to piece together what it was that drove me to this project in the first place. Now I am happy to say I have found my answer, and my purpose, and I have God to thank for it!

It’s process of self discovery, growth, and much much more, I am ultimately learning to be thankful for the gifts I have been given. When this is finally completed, I will be sure to share with you and others here. So thank you again for your encouragement! The fight is on!

• yucki says:

Fascinating, Jedi9.
                  There’s so much coming at us, I’m mostly reacting, shell-shocked. It’s hard to focus, let alone analyze as you’re doing. You’re putting things together with clarity and honesty.
                  I look forward to more of your “journey of discovery”.

• Watcher says:

FYI: Venezuela universities, professors, and media targeted.

• noritadek says:

Wonderful video Harrieth! Thank you so much!

• John Denney says:

Talked to a guy once who said his friend with a degree in philosophy told him that you can’t really know the truth.
            I asked him, “Is that true?”
            He looked stunned for a moment, then the lightbulb came on and he grinned a little and that was the end of the conversation.

• Minnie says:

Jedi, nope not deaf ears, more like preaching to the choir.

My 3 young adult sons all proudly voted for OUR President, many of their friends did so, as well.

Hope springs eternal, we remain steadfast in our support of Mr. Trump and aren’t ashamed to admit it.

Watching that once great country fall is heartbreaking. Maybe just maybe it will be the wake up call needed for all wanna be leftist socialists.

Pray unceasingly!

• Sharon says:

Yes. My grandchildren,all in their 20s, all voted for Mr. Trump, with enthusiasm.

• Jedi9 says:

Well Minnie my deaf ears comment wasn’t so much about supporters waking up and voting for Trump, and the youth today as being the counter culture, as that is evident in many people such as yourself in the comments they present on this forum. My comment was more about the “Post Modernism era of popular culture that is IMO the root cause of western societies current problems. It has a lot of complexities and moving parts and looking at it from a theoretical perspective its pretty heady stuff for the casual reader, so I am not sure how many people are aware of the implications of “post modernism” or how interested they are in learning and shaping their perspective as it relates to our current disposition. I know many here and other places are aware of certain elements of it such as Marxist ideologies and the term Cultural Marxism that is often used to describe leftist’s methods of arguing their causes, but going further in understanding why is what I am trying to articulate.

Anyway, yes never underestimate the power of prayer!

• G. Combs says:

Jedi9
            Hope you get the chance to read this.

A real eye opening book is Willing Accomplices: How KGB Covert Influence Agents Created Political Correctness and Destroyed America by Kent Clizbe

Then add in the 1934 speeches by Congressman McFadden focusing on what the Federal Reserve Banksters did to Russia.
            The Federal Reserve: An Astounding Exposure 1934
            “[…] Some people who think that the Federal Reserve Banks United States Government institutions. They are private monopolies which prey upon the people of these United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign customers; foreign and domestic speculators and swindlers; and rich and predatory money lender. In that dark crew of financial pirates there are those who would cut a man’s throat to get a dollar out of his pocket; there are those who send money into states to buy votes to control our legislatures; there are those who maintain International propaganda for the purpose of deceiving us into granting of new concessions which will permit them to cover up their past misdeeds and set again in motion their gigantic train of crime.

These twelve private credit monopolies were deceitfully and disloyally foisted upon this Country by the bankers who came here from Europe and repaid us our hospitality by undermining our American institutions. Those bankers took money out of this Country to finance Japan in a war against Russia. They created a reign of terror in Russia with our money in order to help that war along. They instigated the separate peace between Germany and Russia, and thus drove a wedge between the allies in World War. They financed Trotsky’s passage from New York to Russia so that he might assist in the destruction of the Russian Empire. They fomented and instigated the Russian Revolution, and placed a large fund of American dollars at Trotsky’s disposal in one of their branch banks in Sweden so that through him Russian homes might be thoroughly broken up and Russian children flung far and wide from their natural protectors. They have since begun breaking up of American homes and the dispersal of American children. “Mr. Chairman, there should be no partisanship in matters concerning banking and currency affairs in this Country, and I do not speak with any. […]

As far as I can tell Communism is actually a construct of the European Aristocracy and the Central bankers who want to re-institute a 2 class society and eliminate the middle class, Marx bourgeoisie.

This from The Communist Manifesto, shows what Marx was working towards, a return to feudalism.

“The bourgeoisie, wherever it has got the upper hand, has put an end to all feudal, patriarchal, idyllic relations. It has pitilessly torn asunder the motley feudal ties that bound man to his ‘natural superiors,’ and has left remaining no other nexus between man and man than naked self-interest, callous ‘cash payment.’ It has drowned the most heavenly ecstasies of religious fervor, of chivalrous enthusiasm, of philistine sentimentalism, in the icy water of egotistical calculation. It has resolved personal worth into exchange value, and in place of the numberless indefeasible chartered freedoms, has set up that single, unconscionable freedom—Free Trade. In one word, for exploitation, veiled by religious and political illusions, it has substituted naked, shameless, direct, brutal exploitation.

The bourgeoisie has stripped of its halo every occupation hitherto honored and looked up to with reverent awe. It has converted the physician, the lawyer, the priest, the poet, the man of science, into its paid wage laborers.”

• trialbytruth says:

no deaf ears here brother and I am sure I speak for others

• joninmd22 says:

Disagree. Leftist know that the logical outcome of their policies is tyranny. They just want to be the ones swinging the batons.

• WSB says:

So if all you Twitter warriors have a minute, please ask Sean Penn, Danny Glover and Harry Bellefonte when their telethon in Caracas will be taking place?

This is sick. These people don’t need food drops. They need weapons.

• Amen……. Peeps you want to thank the Good Lord for your 2nd Amendment. And also our founding fathers. This sçenario is exactly why they gave it to us….. they were very very​ wise men!

• Orygun says:

I used to read the translated Mexican website Narcostate and the one common thread there is they wished they could have guns to defend themselves from the cartel. I haven’t been back to that site for many years but it was amazing to hear Mexicans praising our country for the right to own and bear arms. The media wouldn’t touch that with a ten foot pole.

• Sunshine says:

They’re highly uninformed individuals. I’ve had more than one discussion with them, that’s how I know. I always win through knowledge. It takes a while but they eventually slink away in the dark abyss.

• If u have kids or young adults in ANY public run school/university PULL THEM OUT! This is the key to saving freedom. Have SCHOOL AT HOME…that’s it. Give these commie incubation centers a chance to go belly up. My husband and I have four kids between us..NONE of the three eldest 21 and up have gone to college. All have jobs/cars.flats. My baby my son studies at home. If u work-teach your kids at night.

• dekester says:

Ditto here.
        Our two sons in their mid twenties own their own paid off cars ( beaters.) Each has started on the property ladder. They have saved ( with our encouragement.) since they were thirteen or so.
        Neither has a college degree,( out of choice.)both excel in their respective careers. Both were instructed to be polite, but ignore any social studies nonsense.

We encouraged mentorship, hardwork and a financial education. ( no consumer debt.)

If possible. Think about it for your young ones. They are worth it.

• Garrison Hall says:

This is the authoritarian side of socialism. This is what they have planned for us. This is what the George Soros paid thugs are hoping to bring about. As Lenin said, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

• jdvalk says:

Single-payer advocates on parade.

• mireilleg says:

These photos and any others showing the American left love affair with communism should be compiled in one video with images of what is going on, and posted to youtube, then we could help it go viral so those who are not yet lost can change their mind. I don’t have the know how to do that but I would help the viewing part.

• vpc says:

Did Trump not recently say (something like) it’s Hollywood vs the people in relation to Georgia’s 6th congressional seat. Karen Handel should use these pics in ads against Ossoff, since many in Hollywood have come out to support him. Tie Socialism to Hollywood, who supports Democrats, dictators, and suffering like in Venezuela.

• Pf Mahan says:

Hmmmm, wonder why those pigs are not living in that paradise they pushed

• Minnie says:

Kevin Spacey? Really? Wow, a picture speaks a thousand words.

I’m far removed from fawning of Hollywood and happy to report so are my kids.

Perhaps hitting these “stars” in their pocketbooks is the only language they understand.

• ronheinzkaboot says:

I know he is so good in that House of Cards. I’m still going to watch it, regardless of how little respect I have for him as a person.
          I agree with you. Hit them in their pocketbooks. Replace them all with Aussies.
          Movie stars are part of the most racist, sexist and exclusionary industry in our country, it always cracks me up when they preach. They only reason they support the Dems is because of things like TPP, secretly negotiated agreements that protect their copywrights and anti-piracy efforts. Sure it does it at the expense of the American middle class but who in America is paying to see movies now a days, China means more to Hollywood than the USA.

2. Brant says:

I have always said that the only way socialism ever works is if everyone has a labotomy.

3. dctace says:

Calling southern command its time for some untraceable weapons to find there way into the hands of the opposistion.

• Jedi9 says:

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Just don’t let McCain be in charge of leading the way, he will only fk it up~!

• BigDilbert says:

And after the revolution, somehow connected people will end up with mineral rights..

• Your Tour Guide says:

Big Dilbert:
          Amen. HGTV unknowingly created a teaching moment last year. It was
          one of their shows about people moving overseas, and finding a place
          to rent or buy. Won’t swear to it, but I think the locale was Albania. The
          couple looking to rent would only look at apartments that had been
          rented to Communist Party members. Everything else they saw was
          unbelievably sub par by western standards.

Made a huge lie about everybody being equal under communism.

4. littlebird160 says:

Tragic, yes. However, this is no different than our fledgling country throwing off the shackles of tyranny. Freedom and liberty come with a price. When it comes with a struggle, it is appreciated more. The Tree of Liberty must, from time to time, be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots.

• Bob Thoms says:

Yes….Except our colonial kin had guns and were generally self sufficient farmers who lived off the fruits of their own land and labor……the good people of Venezuela have no means to fight back.

• The ultimate Tree of Liberty is of course the Cross. The True Tree of Liberty! That Tree has meaning on so may levels.

• marcyo13 says:

I notice that Jefferson carefully avoided watering the tree of Liberty with his blood. Read the new book Washington’s Immortals by Patrick K. O’Donnell. The savagery and suffering the patriots endured during the Revolutionary War was much worse than I ever knew. The book is so exciting and full of first hand stories and details from the men who were there doing the fighting. Great read.

Venezuela is one of the great humanitarian crises of our day. And no one talks about it. Millions have already died of starvation and disease. It’s way beyond tragic.

• WSB says:

Yes, it is little known that most of the founders lost everything.

• You are right of course. But then Jefferson was a very complex man. At one point he may have been a coward, who knows, (he did avoid being captured by the British); but, it was a phase and the man grew from the experience. Who among us hasn’t been afraid or a coward at one point or another? If we had lost the Revolutionary War, TJ knew, like so many of the founding fathers, that he was a marked man. Can anymore be asked of a human being?

• dayallaxeded says:

Each of the founding fathers had a role to play and military or front line action wasn’t Jefferson’s, Adams’, or Franklin’s and probably quite a few others’ role. They served as statesmen, as the organizers and “thought leaders” of the revolution. Would Jefferson’s, Adams’ and Franklin’s talents have been better used out front next to Crispus Attucks or in a study in Philadelphia, penning the Declaration of Independence?

God’s plan was, is, and always will be greater than our minds can comprehend–we can only do our best when we try to do His Will. Pray that His Mercy will rain on Venezuela!

• Venezuelan oil workers got out as soon as they saw what was happening more than 10 years ago. I read an article in the WSJ that told about how they and their families moved to Canadian oil fields and learned to blend with the Canadians.

Cute story, but now it makes me feel really sad for those who couldn’t go. Not sorry for those who could have and didn’t.

5. Craig W. Gordon says:

System is what the system does what its designed to do.

• Craig W. Gordon says:

That image of the young lady dead on the street is heartbreaking. Just awful, man.

• WSB says:

That brought tears.

• dayallaxeded says:

Another promising young woman more probably than not murdered by regime thugs over 3 years ago. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/venezuelan-beauty-quee-fatally-shot-head-protest-article-1.1620304 Venezuela has been headed for hell for a pretty long time. So very tragic. There really does need to be a montage done of the progzi Hellywood wheeler/dealers hamming it up with Chavezito and Maduro, interspaced with pics and video of the carnage they walk, eat, and sleep on top of.

One of my favorite books as a child was a biography of Simon Bolivar that had been my father’s when he was young. It was very “ra ra” revolution for freedom and democracy from cruel Spanish colonial rule–maybe not the most technically accurate, but it gave me an appreciation for the idea of a hero as one who champions freedom and democracy for all and expects commitment and responsibility from himself and those around him. So it is with particular sadness that I see Venezuela veering so far off course but with particular excitement that I see PDJT getting us back on the rails–and with NO BRAKES, no less!

May God give Venezuela its own Mr. Trump!

• TreeperInTraining says:

Exactly. The tenets of socialism always includes disarming the population. It ensures the absolute power of the government even when things go south, as they most often do.

The huge chasm between our protesters here in this country who protest speech they disagree versus those who are starving and have run out of options is noted.

Yet, I suspect those protesting here and in Venezuela would happily vote for a socialist government…despite seeing this first hand.

Next time we’ll do it right. Etc.

6. God bless and keep these people and those everywhere who are oppressed by their own evil governments! Lord hear our cry!

7. Bob Thoms says:

Pope Francis and dictator Maduro…………………..

8. tradmomof3 says:

I lived in Carracas in 80’s. Right as they were nationalizing oil industry and kicking out US oil companies. Was a very wealthy middle class & highly educated sophisticated society. Anyone not supporting Chafetz put on enemies list & economically punished, harassed, or jailed. Smart middle & upper class Venezuelans fled in last decade. Now the NWO is going to make Muslim. Watch.

9. littlebird160 says:

Regarding my previous post: The Colonists would not have been successful in their struggle for Liberty had the French decided not to help. Just sayin’……

• Jedi9 says:

You are also forgetting the six nations roles as well.

• Disgusted says:

Our Colonists had to deal with brutal, frigid winters which meant short growing seasons, while the ideal Venezuelan climate is just about perfect all year round, with volcano enriched soil to grow food for everyone, if they had our Yankee spirit and determination. Why do so few other countries ever develop these traits with which to fight for their freedom from those who enslave them?

• Jedi9 says:

Wasn’t it the Natives who risked their lives to bring food to Washington and the Continental Army during that valley Forge cold winter? It was that one kind gesture from them that virtually saved them.

• McGuffin says:

There’s a reason United States of America is the greatest and most powerful Nation on Earth. Brains, bravery, integrity, and patriotism.

• Snow White says:

Because they don’t have the IQ needed to plan ahead and there’s corruption from the small to the great. There’s no trust and good will for others and they don’t have a concept of future like we do. And don’t stone me for stating the obvious truth, my hubby lived there as a child until high school with missionary parents.

• fuzzi says:

The American colonies had something that was unique: a strong set of Christian beliefs, whether or not they were strong practitioners. No work, no eat, it’s in the Bible.

• WSB says:

The USA is a unique miracle of history. Our start was not immigration but pilgrimage and pioneering. Two unique threads of morality and freedom of thought. I am not sure this could have happened without the journey, and like-minded people shedding the yoke of top down governance.

The Pilgrims almost blew it with their initial knee jerk of socialism that first year. They almost starved themselves to death, saving for native and Divine intervention. That was a tough and necessary lesson.

I believe we are on that brink again. Until a massive disruption or our Disruptor In Chief and we are successful, we run the exact same risk as Venezuela. We need to make it happen.

• yy4u says:

I have asked these same questions over and over and keep getting the same answer: The government(s). Duh. The people make up the government. Those who believe when enough people who made up (and/or allowed) governments like this in South and Central America are IN America, then they will vote IN the kinds of governments they fled. If you don’t believe me, take a look at California. Right now California is capitalizing (pun intended) on the Yankee spirit that created the state at the beginning of the 20th c., but the government is doing slowly exactly what Chavez did to Venezuela.

• Because, except for Canada, all other colonized countries were taken over by temporary rulers who wanted nothing more than the resources they could remove from the new country. Practically no one settled there.

One partial exception was land colonized by the French, but their problem was that they did not establish a rule of law and protection of property rights. You will notice in past French colonies, it is difficult to impossible to establish prosperity and order, whereas nearly all of the British colonized countries are doing fairly well.

Forget the Spanish colonized countries. Unless they had a large component of settlers from another country – Germany or Italy, for example, they’ve got nothin’.

• UKExpat says:

And the French only helped you to hurt the British such is the way of the Gaul.

10. andyocoregon says:

How will Mexico handle the inevitable influx of refugees from Venezuela? I’ve heard Mexico protects its southern border zealously.

11. BL says:

This is the result of Bernie Government and the free stuff economy. And watch out for the next refugee wave.

12. Atticus says:

There but for the grace of God (and the voters)……….

13. James W Crawford says:

This is going to culminate in a genocide similar to Rowanda.

• Rudy Bowen says:

Maybe not. There was a strong element of tribalism in Rwanda as well as all this crap in Venezuela. I don’t know if there is a similar paradigm there.

14. paulraven1 says:

In my opinion the Republican party (and Trump) are missing the greatest political opportunity in modern history by not waging active war on the media.

15. fleporeblog says:

When Hollywood thinks that Chavez and Maduro are the type of leaders we need in the US, it may be time to burn it down! From the article linked below:

Foxx and Hass, to be sure, are not the first Hollywood elites to pay homage to Venezuela’s socialist regime. Director Oliver Stone and actors Danny Glover and Sean Penn turned up in Caracas to hobnob with Hugo Chávez before his death. Stone paid tribute to Chávez with a film, “My Amigo Hugo,” which Venezuela’s government required television stations to broadcast.

16. TONYA PARNELL says:

NO MORE COMMUNIST AND MUD SLIME DEM O RATS

17. The insane Hollyweird left love the murdering communists everywhere ~ scumbags that get zero dollars from me !!!

18. Where’s sean penn and michael moore?

19. rsanchez1990 says:

They’re begging for international coverage. Would CNN cover them fairly if Maduro hadn’t kicked them out of Venezuela?

20. FLEEVY says:

Behold – Hillary’s America!

21. Snow White says:

This reminds me of December 1989 when Romania rose up and tore the iron curtain. That’s how it started there and it didn’t bode well for the petty shoemaker dictator and his awful, evil wife. They were executed, shot on Christmas Day.

22. Johnny says:

So, media hasn’t changed since Stalin was filling his buckets with blood. No change.

23. MASHALL says:

Nations are made up of a People.

A Nation’s People is made up of Cultures, Mores, levels of Corruption, Goodness and Abominations.

Americans must realize these people struggling to escape their Third World Country to come to America are are not fleeing a Third World County.

THEY ARE THE THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.
    Complete with all the cultures, mores, corruption and other abominations and that makes them Third World.

Reject the Third World People or you are cursed to become a Third World Nation.

Save First World America!

End the Refugee programs NOW!

24. Joe says:

Will MSM corner Hollywood socialist shltlibs for comments?

Yeah, I know. Just wanted to get a laugh.

25. Jimmy Jack says:

They’re starving and desperate.

Where are Sean Penn and Bernie Sanders now?

26. Binkser1 says:

And the Left will continue to deny this is happening until they can deny it no longer. Then the Socialist pig foot soldiers will say that socialism works but “the right people haven’t been in charge.” They think they are the right people. Of course, the Leftist “elite” know that Socialism only works for their kind, while the rest of the country (99.5%) suffers.

27. Pingback: News and Headlines. – News and Headlines

28. Tejas Rob says:

OK, this shit is taking it too far.

29. Orygun says:

Is there a translator for some of these videos? I don’t know a lick of spanish except for some of the cuss words.

30. Wild Bill Kinda says:

This won’t be over until Maduro hangs from a hook.

31. James F says:

According to MSNBC it is Trump’s fault.

• indiana08 says:

They can no longer hide what is going on so they are trying to blame Pres. Trump. Those people are starving and most probably have no idea who the US president even is. I know someone who fled Venezuela and came to this country years ago. We have been talking about the problems there way before the president even made his campaign official.

32. AmericaFirst says:

Was it Lenin who said: “The goal of socialism is communism”?

Viewing any of these videos or becoming even slightly acquainted with what has been happening in Venezuela gives a much greater urgency to the need to get the US population out from under the government’s boot on the health care/health insurance issue. Remember single-payer is one of the Communist goals, as read into the Congressional Record in 1963, to take over 1/6th of the economy, now 1/5th.

33. AmericaFirst says:

These videos, and how this country got to this point, ought to be required viewing and study in every high school civics or history class. Probably college too.

• wheatietoo says:

Good video.

He tells how it took place there.
      What is chilling…is how it parallels what Obama & the Dems have been trying to do here.

And have almost succeeded!

• kallibella says:

Maduro and his thugs (militia) have all the fire power while the people go against them with sticks and stones.
      May this be a lesson about our Constitutional right to own and bear arms. Chavez disarmed the Venezuela public years ago and now look at how that turned out!

34. Donna in Oregon says:

President Trump should send Bernie Sanders down there to solve the problem.

35. vdorta says:

What’s happening in Venezuela is terrible and the hundreds of comments I just read are right on the money. But I’m pretty sure most of you didn’t know that there was never a pro-capitalist political party in the entire history of Venezuela. Or that all the political parties in the united opposition to Maduro’s party are also socialist, although they say their socialism is “good” while Maduro’s is “bad.” That’s all you need to know.

• wheatietoo says:

They still think that socialism is okay.

They just believe that the Maduro and his cronies have stolen all the money, instead of giving it to the people.

While this is true…it is because of socialism, that their leaders have control of all the resources/wealth, and are able to do this.

36. fluffyfang says:

My mother’s family fled from the Communist country they lived in. My father always told us kids that this country, America, was worth fighting for and dying for. My parents were right.

These pictures and videos really hit home. Thank God, thank God for America, the shining light for so many

37. labrat says:

Wow – MSNBC blames the unrest in Venezuela on Trump!

38. 4Bears says:

For those of you that don’t speak Spanish, here is a translation of the woman’s cry from freedom:

*****************************************************************
    This woman’s cry for freedom is heartbreaking:

Interviewer: What’s the matter (with you)?
    Woman: I am indignant. Indignant. This country doesn’t (finally) get it that united is the only way we can get out of this aberration that has taken away so many useful lives. Is there anyone that doesn’t feel the pain of the killing of the young man yesterday? Who doesn’t feel the pain of the woman who buried her baby saying, “Thank you, my God,” because she did not have anything to feed (the baby). Bleep! The mother! And that, after what we did yesterday, that marvelous pressure, today, nothing is happening and the people, don’t give a *** bleep, bleep. In support of what? We need meat and bones (i.e., bodies) here to say what is happening to us. I am fed up with fighting. I am fed up with resisting 19 years of this bleep dictatorship, a damn tyranny.

Yusnaby Perez: The cry of a Venezuelan (woman) that longs for liberty with all her strength.
    ****************************************************************************
    (I didn’t translate the word conyo. Look it up yourselves.)
    Re: https://twitter.com/Yusnaby/status/855131338495676417?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheconservativetreehouse.com%2F2017%2F04%2F21%2Fvenezuela-on-the-brink-images-and-video%2F

39. UKExpat says:

Venezuela is just following the normal SOCIALIST trajectory which leads to COMMUNISM, DICTATORSHIP, FAILURE, REVOLUTION and MASS MURDER.

40. Sam says:

No wonder the U.S. media won’t cover this story. It’s the way every socialist government operates, with protests and people murdered by authorities. Most of the media support socialism and they cannot risk allowing the naive or uninformed viewers to see what socialism destroys.

41. snailmailtrucker says:

Don’t see Sean Penn, Michael Moore, Danny Glover or any of those Mental Midgets Helping anybody out….
    How about Mr. Free-Shit Bernie Sanders
    or
    Ms. Bull-Shit Hillary Clinton…..
    Nope, Don’t see them anywhere either !

42. Kenyon Hull says:

This is socialism at work, Americans. Hillary Clinton, Maxine Waters, Chuck Schumer and others would gladly take you there! Wake up!