Sunday April 16th – Open Thread

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

75 Responses to Sunday April 16th – Open Thread

1. BakoCarl says:

Low in the grave He lay,
    Jesus, my Savior,
    Waiting the coming day,
    Jesus, my Lord!

Vainly they watch His bed,
    Jesus, my Savior;
    Vainly they seal the dead,
    Jesus, my Lord!

Death cannot keep his Prey,
    Jesus, my Savior;
    He tore the bars away,
    Jesus, my Lord!

Up from the grave He arose,
    With a mighty triumph o’er His foes,
    He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
    And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.
    He arose! He arose!
    Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Robert Lowry – 1874

2. sunnydaze says:

These are really sweet historic photos of a place in Louisiana that served free crab every Friday night during the Depression. Almost makes me wish I was alive back then:

3. Garrison Hall says:

Brazil has the most sophisticated popular music on the planet. To think that they can listen to this kind of music every day on the radio. Just sayin’ . . . 🙂

4. greenvalleygal says:

5. AreolaPuffington says:

Today is my 40th birthday. I’m hash tag blessed with an AWESOME family. 4/16/77 and I’m going to attempt a standing back tuck. It’s been about 5 years since my last one. My daughter said “dad it’s time you make back tucks great again…” I’ll let yinz know how I make out…

6. Here is a vid I liked someone tweeted today 🙂 🙂 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bU-Rf_k24Q

7. Garrison Hall says:

Happy Easter, everyone.

8. MaryfromMarin says:

“Christos Anesti! Alithos Anesti!”

Christ Is Risen! He Has Risen, Indeed!

9. nwtex says:

10. nwtex says:

And now a real one…

11. nwtex says:

12. Donna in Oregon says:

Happy Easter, Christ is risen! Here is a little ancient Celtic humor:

May those who love us, love us.
    And those who don’t love us,
    May God turn their hearts;
    And if He doesn’t turn their hearts,
    May He turn their ankles,
    So we will know them by their limping.

13. nwtex says:

It is Resurrection Day.

14. nwtex says:

Major Easter Terror Attack Was Just FOILED In Pakistan
    April 15, 2017

The Pakistani military foiled a terror attack that had been planned for Easter Sunday, per The Hill.

Military officials stabilized the threat by “killing one militant and detaining one of his associates.”
    Check it out:

The military said four soldiers were wounded during the raid that came hours after Christians celebrated Good Friday.

AP noted that it was unclear which terrorist organization was planning the attack on Easter Sunday in Lahore.

Two terror attacks occurred in Egypt on Palm Sunday earlier this week.

15. nwtex says:

$43M in cash found in empty Nigerian apartment
    April 14, 2017

More than US$43 million was seized from an apartment building in Nigeria after the anti-corruption unit received a tip.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission received a tip from a whistleblower who reported suspicious activity when they noticed someone moving bags in and out of the apartment, according to a Facebook post.

Another source claimed that a “haggard” looking woman in “dirty clothes” sometimes appeared at the apartment building with multiple bags.

On Wednesday, the anti-corruption unit said they stormed the seventh floor of a residential building and entered into the apartment where they found three fireproof cabinets hidden inside a dresser. The cabinets were full of neatly packaged bills.

In total, they seized US$43 million in U.S. bills, US$35,000 in U.K. pounds and US$75,000 in Nigerian naira.

16. Dora says:

Happy Easter Everyone.

Elliott Daingerfield – Still Life (1890)

17. smiley says:

White Lilies

o/c

1877

Henri Fantin-Latour (1836-1904) ~ French ~ Painting/Lithography~ portraiture/botanicals

🙂

Happy Easter, to all ❤

18. smiley says:

19. Dora says:

I remember when my friends and I would get all dressed up for Easter Sunday and go to Church wearing our new hats. It was fun. Unfortunately, that’s a tradition that seems to have disappeared when I wasn’t even looking.

===

The lost ritual of the Fifth Avenue Easter Parade

It started as an informal promenade in the 1870s, when New York’s most prestigious churches­like St. Patrick’s and St. Thomas, both on Fifth Avenue­began decorating their interiors with beautiful floral displays in honor of Easter.

20. Dora says:

21. smiley says:

another reason to REJOICE

today marks the end of winter season for SWFL

and bye-bye snowbirds

😀

22. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ infidels!

photo a.m.20happy20birthday.jpg

23. duchess01 says:

Verse of the Day

“…The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
    Psalms 27:1 (KJV)

24. duchess01 says:

Thank You, Jesus, for blessings received and prayers answered!

25. Sloth1963 says:

Easter kiitens! A little late for Caturday but they arrive when it’s their time 😸😸😸

26. smiley says:

🙂

27. Southpaw says:

Stories for Noah

Happy Easter! Two stories from Easter past. When your dad and uncle were little the Easter bunny used to put CDs and DVDs in their baskets. These were plastic discs that played music and movies. Way before I pods and phones that are computers. They had a couple of songs they were singing. So the Easter bunny put that CD in their basket. It was “Devil Without a Cause”, a strange choice to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. When they opened the packaging the singer, Kid Rock, the picture of him was giving the universal salute for number 1, except he was using his middle finger. Your grandmother freaked out.

The music of my youth consisted of pop music that contained songs with double meanings. Afternoon Delight was just a sweet ditty, years later did I understand what they were singing about. When they started playing the Kid there was no doubt what his rhymes were referencing. No imagination needed. His cowboy song was nothing like Toby Keith. The Easter bunny didn’t know about censored and uncensored music. Because the Easter bunny didn’t like Al and Tipper Gore. Now grandma was howling mad. The Easter bunny was in big trouble! From then on the Easter bunny was more in touch with his feminine side.

One of the neighbor boys used to hang at the house a lot, almost like a third son. He played the same sports as your uncle and most of the time on the same teams, some which I coached. As they grew older he followed them to the catholic high school. He liked it enough to convert to Catholicism along with his brother. Our whole family went to his RCIA service on Easter vigil. Growing up with Latin masses and seeing the change in the church I had never been to one of these services. It was beautiful and inspiring. The true meaning of the season. Go with your parents and feel the love.

28. the right phoenix says:

Happy Easter, Everybody!

Here are some Easter Trees for all Treepers to enjoy.
    I’m an artist and these fine art photos were taken by me some years ago:

April Redbud

Returning Home

29. Dora says:

30. gary lacey says:

So has the MSM found a weakness in the president by attacking a key advisor, by playing to his ego. I hope not, I pray the POTUS sees thru the evil called the MSM.
    If this is a weakness, its going to be a long four years.

31. MK Wood says:

Interesting history lesson from a song. !950 to 1963 is more in depth. Then it speeds up and zips by. I know it was to keep the song radio length, but it has a real world affect of time zooming by.

32. Dora says:

33. MK Wood says:

It is by faith that you are saved. Nothing else. Once saved, always saved. It is a gift from God. Works gets you no where.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

• MK Wood says:

Once you are saved, then you are expected to do works for Jesus. The works themselves do not save us. Works after faith brings us blessings.

34. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12’s prayer:

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

35. justfactsplz says:

I am watching “Killing Jesus” on Fox. It is very good.

36. MK Wood says: