Holy Thursday

At the end of the liturgy on Holy Thursday evening, in every Catholic Church around the world, the Blessed Sacrament is removed to the altar of repose, the altar is stripped, the church is bare, empty. Tomb-like. It is a striking and heartbreaking tradition, and I make sure to attend each year, to allow my heart to break, my tears to fall, my spirit to be clouded in gloom and dread, preparing for Good Friday, and Christ’s passion.

My purpose in sharing this video is to encourage those of you who let Easter sneak up on you, without much thought beforehand, to find your own ways to open your heart and experience the pain of Holy Thursday and Good Friday. Perhaps dedicate an hour to prayer and scripture. Go to a church and wait with Jesus during the hours of 12 to 3. Give alms. Go to a Good Friday service. Fast. Cut off the phones, televisions, computers.

Observing these two solemn days of the Christian calendar will make your Easter more meaningful, and enrich your faith.

Please feel free to share your church and family’s way of observing the coming of our Lord’s Passion and Death.

And please, respect the spirit and purpose of this post as a time to share here only those things pertaining to the coming Passion of our Lord.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

75 Responses to Holy Thursday

1. Atticus says:

We will observe “Maundy Thursday” in our church this evening.
    We will gather, and readers will recount the events leading up to our Lord’s crucifixion, finally ending with the closing of the tomb. At each reading lights are extinguished until at the end only one light, symbolizing the eternal light of Christ, is left.
    We then are left, at the tomb, contemplating the reality of what happened and leave, in silence.
    On Easter Sunday we will again gather, and see the true miracle, the gift of Eternal Life.
    A blessed Easter to all of you.
    Remember: “John chapter 3, verse 16”

• Marcus says:

I’m an Anglican and Maunday Thursday was always a special day. We had the day off school, well off lessons to be more precise, because we would march over to St. Margaret’s Church for a service and following that, our vicar would talk about the message of Easter. If memory serves, the Queen would distribute ‘maunday money’ in whichever town or city had been chosen.

2. BG2 says:

Good luck to you and all the best to Catholics everywhere.

For me the lesson of Easter rings through the centuries….. ie. if you are going to organise a hit on someone make sure he’s not well connected or you’ll never hear the end of it.

3. sheridan says:

Blessed, safe Easter to all christians everywhere.
    Let Peace prevail as we remember Our Lord Jesus and all He has done for us with thankful hearts.

4. A2 says:

Mandatum novum do vobis ut diligatis invicem sicut dilexi vos.

The last supper. The washing of the feet.

“During the Passover meal, Jesus breaks bread and gives it to his Disciples, uttering the words, “This is my body, which is given for you.” Subsequently, he passes a cup filled with wine. He then says, “This is my blood…” those who eat of Christ’s flesh and blood shall have eternal life.”

In the Eastern church it is said
    “Of Thy Mystical Supper, O Son of God, accept me today as a communicant; for I will not speak of Thy Mystery to Thine enemies, neither will I give Thee a kiss like Judas. But like the Thief will I confess Thee: Remember me, O Lord, in Thy Kingdom.”

“The washing of the feet and the sacrament of the Eucharist: two expressions of one and the same mystery of love entrusted to the disciples, so that, Jesus says, “as I have done… so also must you do” (Jn 13: 15).” – Pope John Paul II

Amen.

5. ahem says:

From the Eastern Orthodox tradition: ‘They Have Stripped Me of My Garments’

6. farmhand1927 says:

The Last Supper on Maundy Thursday and the First Communion of Saints
    On the night in which He was betrayed, He took bread and gave it to them saying, Take and eat. This is My body which is given for you. After the same manner also, He took the cup and when He had supped and given thanks said, Drink ye all of it. This cup is the New Testament in my blood which is shed for you. Do this as oft as ye drink it in remembrance of Me.

The hellfire created for Mankind after the fall in Eden is about to be symbolized by betrayal in exchange for 30 pieces of silver, loyal followers that fell asleep at their campsite in Gethsemane instead of keeping watch during a bitter hour of tears and prayer from a Son to His Father. Although blameless, the Son was destined for the most cruel and painful death, mocked with a crown of thorns crushed onto His head, hung on a cursed tree he was forced to carry on his back to the hill where death sentences were carried out. His suffering included being forced to watch His beloved mother weep as she watched Him slowly die from blood loss caused by spikes hammered through tender hands and feet that had walked hundreds of miles to teach, heal, forgive and save. But Hell is about to be defeated and Mankind saved from it. For those that believe.

Tomorrow, Good Friday, the only begotten Son of The Father, is about to fulfill His purpose–suffer, die, experience Hell, and rise again victorious so that those that believe may never die. After revealing himself to his Disciples for about 30 days after the Crucifixion, He was taken up to Heaven where He sits at His Father’s Right Hand. He will come again in glory to judge both the living and the dead.

The betrayal by Judas after supper on Thursday went off as planned, including his suicide. Jesus is denied three times by Simon Peter, also according to plan. After prayer late in the night in Gethsemane he is captured by soldiers and hauled up before a reluctant Pontius Pilot for trial. Though falsely accused, the crowd begins to chant, “Crucify Him!” believing the lies that He was a false prophet, not the true Son of God and therefore guilty of blasphemy. Pressured on all sides and wanting to be rid of the politically incorrect spot he found himself in, Pilot throws up his hands and condemns Jesus to death.

The miserable journey to the crucifixion hill has been made. Christ is nailed to the cross while it lay on the ground, then hoisted into the air. While Christ hangs on the cross, sweat stinging the open wounds made by whips during His capture and trial, He promises a man hanging near him that confessed his sin, “Today, you will be with Me in Paradise.” Soldiers cast lots for the few meager garments He wore, souvenirs of an event so important they could not begin to understand. When His parched lips asked for water, a sponge soaked in vinegar was given instead. As the soldiers laughed and taunted, the Son spoke heavenward, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do,” Weak, dehydrated, overcome with pain and blood loss, He hung His head. One of the soldiers sent to keep watch lest His family tried to remove Him wanted to check to see if He was dead. He drew his sword and drove it into His side, rousing the bruised and dying Christ. “My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me?” He asked, unable to bear much more.

Dark clouds gathered about 3:00 p.m., the Earth became almost as night, the blood had drained from his body, His bare skin scorched by intense sun, His hair matted with blood from the thorny crown given as an insult because He was known as King of the Jews. His hour had come. “Father, into Thy hands I commend my spirit.” “It is finished.” those at the foot of His cross heard him cry out. As they wept, His soul descended into Hell to experience that torment and in due time His loving family carefully removed His body. As customary, the men carried His lifeless remains to a tomb where the women prepared Him for burial. Washing, cleansing, perfuming and wrapping His remains in yards of white cloth. When they were finished the men rolled a heavy boulder to seal the entrance to His tomb.

The Word would be fulfilled on the Third Day when weeping would turn to joy. In the early dawn of the Third Day, the Devil and all his works had been defeated. The women came to visit the tomb, horrified when they saw the boulder had been removed and the once dark tomb was filled with beautiful light and two smiling angels. “What have you done with our Lord?” the women cried out in fear. “He is not here! He is risen!” , the angels said. The tomb could not hold Him and it doesn’t hold those who believe these events.

From that day forward, every man, woman and child ever to walk the Earth again would be invited to join Him at the Father’s throne for all eternity through faith in Jesus Christ, the Sacred Lamb, sacrificed so we may be washed in that blood He shed, able to live in glory for all time.

Go in peace. Our sins have been atoned.

• WSB says:

Thank you, Menagerie, for your encouragement, and Farmhand1927, for your post.

• Rebnstx says:

I Farmhand, beautifully written straight from scripture. Reminds us of the Father’s great love love for each of us. May we remember the sacrifice that Christ freely laid down His life. He knew there would be an exchange. His life for our sins. We are redemmed. We are bought with the blood so we are valuable. The Holy Spirit lives in us to continue after this life into eternity.

7. Larry Bucar says:

TY Sundance, Our Lord Jesus sweat drops of blood, knowing the pain He was about to endure prior to His infinite suffering on the cross for those of us chosen from eternity past to enjoy fellowship with the Father in heaven – what a revelation to be able to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ in which He freely bestows on us that believe and obey the Holy Scripture. There is no other name under heaven and on earth where by we must be saved, and if you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is LORD and believe in your heart that He rose from the dead, you will be saved… Jesus when fasting for 40 days in the desert at the start of His ministry was hungry, quoted Deuteronomy in battling and tempted by Satan, Jesus quotes ” Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY WORD from the mouth of God.”

8. bobguzzardi says:

Beautiful sundance. Easter is repentance, redemption, renewal, rebirth — resurrection. Contrary to popular opinion among liberal Jews, Judaism speaks frequently of the Judgement and Resurrection of the body in the life after life. Easter expresses themes found in the Torah (Bible) and the links between Christianity and Judaism are deep. Jesus is the world’s most famous Jew thanks to Christians. Jews are celebrating Passover, a time of fear and turbulence, and of hope and the holiness. All good things to you and your family and associates. With a strong arm, continue doing what you do. Happy Easter

9. dalethorn says:

I heard recently on EWTN radio: “If you were the only person in the world, Jesus still would have died for you.” That was a very humbling thing to hear.

10. THank you, Menagerie. Wonderful suggestions on how to experience the next two days in order to enrich our faith.

A dear friend just returned from a trip to Israel. While it was never on her bucket list, so to speak, the opportunity presented itself, so she went for it.

My friend has been a Christian for over 50 years and in The Word deeply much of that time. She said visiting the places where Christ walked and suffered has brought Scripture to life in a whole new way. She was with a tour group and, while they moved fast and sometimes crowds were a bit of a hindrance, she said she and the group were riveted by the guide’s info and at times moved to tears by related Scripture readings. She said a must do trip for anyone who is able to do it financially, even with only mild to low interest! Even for those like me who don’t love to fly.

A blessed Easter to all and Praise Jesus for His sacrifice!

• Mariposa 323 says:

Amen . Thank you for sharing . As we are entering into the most Holy Passion of Our Lord I think of the terrible sufferings of our Christian brothers and sisters in the Middle East . Let us do penance and prayer , so that together with them we may merit the glorious crown of the Resurrection , that day of Victory over sin and death and the enemy of our souls . Praise be Jesus Christ for ever .

• farmhand1927 says:

TY, Mariposa, for reminding us to pray for our Christian brothers and sisters in the Middle East, some that are not celebrating Easter for fear of attack and death. Blessed are the persecuted for Jesus’ sake for they will inherit the Kingdom of God.

• A Believer says:

We also have made the pilgrimage to the Holy Land and agree with your friend. Before we went, reading the Bible was black and white. After going to Israel and walking where Jesus walked, the Bible came alive in color and remembered images. It was a trip we now want to repeat.

11. YvonneMarie says:

St Joseph Oratory in Detroit Michigan has Traditional Catholic Masses. Very grateful to have the Society of Christ the King Soverign Priest.

12. Albertus Magnus says:

Thank you, Sundance! God bless your work here and for reminding all of us about the central importance of the next few days.

For the Catholics among us, if you are interested in finding a Catholic version of Conservative Treehouse regarding issues in the Catholic Church, try OnePeterFive. They take the same well-researched, well-written approach to issues facing the Church that CTH takes with issues facing America.

Christ is the answer to what ails America and the Holy Church. God bless all of you.

13. Great post Sundance. Moving.

These sacred days, I think, give us an opportunity to accompany the Lord in his loneliest hours, and even to make reparation for those friends and disciples of Jesus who abandoned him.

To meditate on the Passion pleases him, and it consoles him. Not now, as he sits at the right hand of God the Father, but 2,000 years ago, when only his mother Mary, the Apostle John, and those holy women followed him to Calvary. We can join them — really and substantially — by reading the Gospel accounts of the Passion, or by attending liturgical services, or by watching film depictions like Mel Gibson’s “The Passion,” or even by a loving glance at a crucifix. What a sacred time it is, when we can do so much for our Lord and Saviour.

14. Deb says:

We usually celebrate the Holy Thursday by reflecting on The Last Supper and attending Holy Mass. In years past my husband and older sons have attended all three masses during the Triduum, which is Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and finally the vigil mass Saturday night. I love the Easter vigil, I think it is the most awe inspiring liturgy of the year. With a new baby this year, we are attending Mass on Sunday morning, and our newest little one will be baptized during the Mass on Easter morning. Couldn’t ask for a better day.

For all my fellow Catholics, you may not be aware that this year Easter Sunday also happens to be Pope Emeritus Benedict’s birthday. Let’s say a prayer for him, and for the conversion of Pope Francis.

• A2 says:

The Lord’s blessing to you and yours. What a marvelous Baptism.

• farmhand1927 says:

Congratulations, Deb, on the new little blessing in your family! What a glorious and most appropriate day for a baptism! Be blessed and enjoy.

• Maquis says:

I am not Catholic, but I have tremendous respect for the Catholic Church. I adore John Paul II, a great, brave soul full of hope and love, he accomplished much good, and truly was good. I am a big fan of B16. I miss him, too. Now? I am confused. This is not the time to embrace Marx anew, anywhere, by anyone.
      Prayers are indeed in order.

My best wishes go out to all, who, in all their varied manners and forms, are remembering this most significant moment in human history; and the hopes and promises that spring forth from it.

Thanks to all that have shared, such amazing faiths and people here. I love this place, and my fellow Treepers.

15. grandmotherpatriot says:

I am celebrating Easter / Resurrection in rejoining as my husband survived his heart surgery yesterday . Thank-you for all the Prayers and Blessings .
    Since my husband will not be released until Sat . my Church and mass schedule is different this year . My personal prayer and solitude in the Hospital Chapel . I am sportive that the Lord wll forgive me ,
    Our Pastor is visiting the hospital today and on Sunday we will both attend mass .
    I will be cooking a roast to feed the homeless once again yet, will not participating in serving as my husband is recovering.
    Again, thank all of you for your prayers and wishing all of you a Blessed Resurrection.

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Error – sportive correction ” I am positive “

• maiingankwe says:

Nakomis,
        I am ever so happy to hear of the success of your husband’s surgery. Saturday is not that far away and will come soon!

You have gone through so much and yet you are still making a roast? You are an amazing Grandmother Nakomis.

Please let your husband know we are so happy to hear everything went well for him. It is truly a glorious day with so much to be thankful for.

I just can’t stop smiling from ear-to-ear! You just made my day with your happy news!

Be well and God Bless,
        Ma’iingankwe

16. akearn says:

Thank you for the wonderful post, Menagerie. I couldn’t agree more. “Striking and heartbreaking tradition,” indeed, perfect words. My Anglo-Catholic church signs up folks to spend an hour at the Altar of Repose all night and I love being there in the wee hours to spend time with Him in the quiet. And in these troubled days for Christians, I feel even more committed to practicing these holy traditions, outward signs of our faith. Happy Easter to you all!

17. Somewhere in Dixie says:

Thank you Sundance for this beautiful article. Happy Easter to you and all treepers. This Easter we should pray for our country and our President.

18. free2313 says:

The most wonderful movie depicting the Passion of The Christ…

• MaineCoon says:

Thank you for posting as I would like to watch it again.

• Joe Blow says:

In recent years I have taken to watching this during the noon to 3 hours. It is the most gloriously emotional, gut-wrenching work I have ever laid eyes upon, but I force myself to watch it if even to experience a mere fraction of the pain & suffering our Lord and Savior did.

19. Sayit2016 says:

This is a song that I listen to every Easter….I hope it speaks to you as it has since the day I first heard it years ago…May God Bless each and everyone of you. He IS Alive !

20. MaineCoon says:

My words cannot express the depth of my heart and spirit as I join with my choir singing God’s Word and Christ our Savior’s passion on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. His Word and God’s gift to us through the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ, will minister to me, other choir members and all who have an ear to hear. The Holy Spirit reaches through music presenting His Gospel.

There are many arrangements of these songs. I have linked some. May the Holy Spirit bless you as you hear His Gospel through music.

For God So Loved the World

My Eternal King

Mans of Sorrows

It Was Finished On The Cross

What A Beautiful Name

Your Great Love

Jesus, Son of God

EASTER SUNDAY SONGS —

HE LIVES!!!!

He Lives ❦Cindy Cruse Ratcliff ~ Lakewood Church❧

He Lives ❦Cindy Cruse Ratcliff ~ Lakewood Church❧

For any one you might know who does not have a Good Friday or Easter Sunday place of worship, my church live streams God’s Word through music and sermon on on 8:00 p.m. on Good Friday and Easter Sunday morning at 8:00, 9:15 & 11:15.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

[So sorry if all these links don’t post correctly.]

21. Sam says:

ThaNk you Menagerie for a wonderful article on Holy Thursday and your family and church’s was of celebrating it.

22. Mary Kate Conly says:

Happy Easter to my Treehouse friends, our article-writers, mods, and Sundance! As we observe the solemnity and magnitude of these 4 days, I offer a tiny bit of levity. A commenter on Reddit captioned a beautiful picture of the Last Supper, as: “Fake news provokes anti-semitic attack on group of charitable altruists during dinner party”.

23. Sepp says:

Last evening, Wednesday, Orthodox Christians commemorated the harlot who anointed Jesus Christ with myrrh. The faithful were anointed with the Mystery of Holy Anointing for healing of soul and body.

The Divine Liturgy on Holy and Great Thursday morning commemorates the Lord’s Mystical Supper. The Thursday evening service includes the reading of the Twelve Passion Gospels and the solemn placing of the Icon of Christ on the Cross.

The Great Friday services are in the morning, then the Taking Down of the Lord’s Sacred Body from the Cross at 3:00 PM. The Great Friday evening services are The Lamentations and the Burial of Christ’s Body. This service is particularly moving as it is properly chanted, partly describing Saint Joseph of Armimathæa’s and Saint Nikodemos’s laments. (Perhaps a search for the Epitaphios would be helpful.)

Traditional Orthodox Churches do not have pews or rows of chairs. The faithful stand except for the elderly or infirm who might sit on a bench along the wall or stand in a stasidia (especially in monasteries). Normally, the women and girls stand on the left and the men and boys stand on the right, facing east while praying. The churches are dimly lit by candles and some daylight through small windows. Orthodox Churches that are built from scratch as Orthodox Churches are true gems. Some that are in buildings adapted from other uses can often be very beautiful, too.

24. asphaltbouncer says:

Great Post.
    I am Serbian Orthodox and can not wait for Pascha/Easter.
    Christ died voluntarily for us. He died that we may live in eternity with the Blessed Trinity.

We have a chant that is is done in Orthodoxy, “Christ is risen from the dead, by death he has trampled down death”. Which pretty much sums it up for me. To think, he went to the passion willingly, feeling the pain and anguish of death for us in his human nature for you and me , wow!

Tonight is our Holy Thursday; we will have 12 Gospel readings in English and Church Slavonic. There will be much chanting and prostrating. Tears will be shed, but we know the Glorious Pascha is approaching!

Please look for videos and reading material on, The Holy Fire . This occurs each year at the Church of The Holy Seplechure in Jerusalem. It is a Miracle that occurs every year. The church is darkened, the Bishops chants and prays to our Lord. His candles are suddenly ablaze, lit by the Holy Spirit. He then distributes the fire throughout the Church to the Faithfull. God STILL works miracles!

Anxiously awaiting the Day of Days, when I can chant;

Hristos Voskrese!/ Christ is Risen!

Peace to all of the of you.

Pray for our Fellow Christians who are persecuted throughout the World!

IC XC
    NI KA

25. M. Mueller says:

Thank you for this thread; it is a wonderful gift.

While saying the rosary and thinking of the Agony in the Garden, I realized something I already knew, but it jumped out much more clearly. The path to holiness is not the path to happiness – it is the path to the Cross. The great saints are allowed to share more of the Crucifixion of Our Lord. It is the, “Thy Will be Done,” that can become a stumbling block on that path. Some stop there, and others just vault over it and continue on to Jesus. It is so hard to really give up our will in favor of God’s Will.

The churches that preach that the holier you are, the more God will give you, better job, bigger house, better health, etc. are not churches at all. They are blasphemy!

A blessed Easter to all.

26. mot2grls says:

Today starts the Holy Tridium. My daughter, father, and I will attend the evening mass which is always very beautiful and moving. Tomorrow will be the very stark Good Friday observance. It is quite fittingly my mother’s birthday, she entered heaven this past July. Then we will attend the Easter Vigil which is also quite beautiful. We always have a large group of new Catholics enter the church on this night. I love seeing how joyful they are. The next day, Easter, is spent with my family. I love it. Christ has Risen!! Alleluia!!
    Currently I am listening to Jesus Christ Superstar which is my own little tradition. It stands the test of time, even though I know it takes a little poetic license. Have a blessed weekend everyone!🕊

27. Mist'ears Mom says:

Thank you Menagerie for the beautiful post and all the CTH readers comments have brought tears that strengthen my faith and celebrate the gift of our Lord. Have a blessed Easter.

28. pacnwbel says:

The walk through Holy Week is a must for committed Christians to understand the full impact of God’s love and Jesus’ supreme sacrifice to redeem our souls. Churches may make this walk in different ways from waving palms in excited joy, to specially chosen scripture readings, music, foot washing , stripping and cleansing the altar , re living the Last Supper with table Eucharist, veiling the cross, a Good Friday procession, a Vigil before the glorious proclamation with light and bells that He is risen, rejoicing on Easter Day that the tomb is bare and Jesus Christ is Risen. May we continue to always be Easter people. Come, you are invited to walk the walk.

29. maiingankwe says:

Just want to get something off my chest I’ve been thinking a lot about for quite some time.

I had a number of bad experiences with the church when I was younger and some of my older family members had some that were far worse. Let’s just say the church wasn’t very forgiving or understanding of our American savages/tribes.

So I grew up with a lot of bad blood. I also thought most people who went to church were bloody hypocrites. All in their Sunday best, acting so sweet and nice until they walked down the steps and out of their church, and then all bets were off.

So of course I never read the Bible, except once when I was about eight and I never got that far. And then my Dad started going back to church and Bible study on Thursday evenings. I would see him pray every night talking out loud when the tv had been turned off and most of the lights out right before he’d go to bed.

He never pushed the church on me thankfully, he was smart, but once in a great while he would ask if I would go with him. After I said no he would drop it immediately. I appreciated that. So appreciated that.

After he became sick with dementia I would have to take him to church and sit with him. I hated it for quite some time, but I never showed that to my Dad. I would sit there and take apart what the reverend would say because it was against the spiritual beliefs I was raised with.

As time went on, and more visits to CTH, my heart and mind slowly opened up. This had been going on for some years, but I feel it sped up a bit since I’ve been here. Really sped up.

I am very spiritual and I have always prayed a lot to my Creator, I just never believed I needed the church to do so and carry on in life, and in some ways I still don’t if I’m to be honest. As I’ve said, I have a great deal of resentment towards the church and what I’ve experienced. It really is hard to forgive and overcome. It’s slowly working that way though.

I don’t know if it’s because I’ve lost my parents and some of my best friends these past few years that my heart has opened up, or it’s just me growing up. I don’t know. What I do know is I’ve never felt God’s presence as strong as I do now and than ever before. I feel his steady hand, I hear his calming words. I can’t deny it and won’t.

I love my connection with my Creator, and I’ve always said if it’s true he’s given us each an Angel, than I’ve given mine grey hair. Full blown gray hair.

Anyways, I’ve slowly been able to…what’s the word I need? Meld? Integrate? The spiritual beliefs I’ve been raised with and some of the church together. I have always felt we pray to the same Creator/God just with different names.

I also believe with all of my heart that God listened to all of us and helped our Trump become our president. I have no doubt. Not a one. Zilch.

I also believe with all of my heart that many of you here have helped with my journey. I’m really serious about this. It’s true. So, I would like to thank all of you who have shared His Word, showed kindness and prayers when I have asked for them, and simply just being there and who you are.

I’m sure every time I read a passage, or even a few words from someone about their Faith and the Strength they find in God has helped me considerably along the way too. Many times it has given me pause and the time to think things through. So yes, I thank you, each and every one of you who has ever mentioned God in your posts. I think that about covers the majority here.

I will never stop with my belief system and joining in the ceremonies of my People. However, I do not believe I have to discontinue one to do another. I am able to intergrate both and I know with all of my heart and being my Creator accepts this and has been gently nudging me to do so. As I said, I believe we are both right, we pray to the same God, but with different names. There is no one group is right and all the rest are wrong.

I have been brought to tears during some of our ceremonies, the touch of God is real. I have also been brought to tears from hearing the word of God in church. I’ve felt the same in both experiences.

Be well good Treepers and thank you for your help and guidance in my journey.
    Ma’iingankwe

30. mondaymorningcoffeeorg says:

Yes indeed. Holy Thursday us to be celebrated.

31. M. Mueller says:

Thank you for your insight, Ma’iingankew. It truly IS a journey, isn’t it? I am so glad to be on it that, sometimes, it feels my heart will burst with gratitude. It seems God needs warriors right now and is edging a little closer to humanity as if saying, “I am here; come on, get to know Me better – look at My love for you.”

Prayers for you and your journey.

32. Thanks for posting. You inspired me to go the Holy Thursday service. I love your site.

33. If you are so inclined, please join me in praying that those who do not yet know Christ will accept His invitation to eternal life. We don’t deserve it and can’t earn it, and yet He gives it freely to anyone.

In Jesus’ name,