Reminder: Donald Trump 2016 AIPAC Speech…

This speech was delivered March 21st 2016. With many people confused about President Trump and Syria, this reminder is worth the time and attention. Again, this was March 21st 2016:

[Transcript] Candidate Donald J Trump remarks to the AIPAC audience on March 21st 2016.

Good evening. I speak to you today as a lifelong supporter and true friend of Israel. I am a newcomer to politics but not to backing the Jewish state.

In late 2001, weeks after the attacks on New York City and Washington – attacks perpetrated by Islamic fundamentalists, Mayor Giuliani visited Israel to show solidarity with terror victims. I sent him in my plane because I backed the mission 100%.

In Spring 2004, at the height of violence in the Gaza Strip, I was the Grand Marshal of the 40th Salute to Israel Parade, the largest single gathering in support of the Jewish state.

It was a very dangerous time for Israel and frankly for anyone supporting Israel – many people turned down this honor –I did not, I took the risk.

I didn’t come here tonight to pander to you about Israel. That’s what politicians do: all talk, no action. I came here to speak to you about where I stand on the future of American relations with our strategic ally, our unbreakable friendship, and our cultural brother, the only democracy in the Middle East, the State of Israel.

My number one priority is to dismantle the disastrous deal with Iran. I have been in business a long time. I know deal-making and let me tell you, this deal is catastrophic – for America, for Israel, and for the whole Middle East.

The problem here is fundamental. We have rewarded the world’s leading state sponsor of terror with $150 billion and we received absolutely nothing in return.

I’ve studied this issue in greater detail than almost anybody. The biggest concern with the deal is not necessarily that Iran is going to violate it, although it already has, the bigger problem is that they can keep the terms and still get to the bomb by simply running out the clock, and, of course, they keep the billions.

The deal doesn’t even require Iran to dismantle its military nuclear capability! Yes, it places limits on its military nuclear program for only a certain number of years. But when those restrictions expire, Iran will have an industrial-size military nuclear capability ready to go, and with zero provision for delay no matter how bad Iran’s behavior is. When I am president, I will adopt a strategy that focuses on three things when it comes to Iran.

First, we will stand up to Iran’s aggressive push to destabilize and dominate the region. Iran is a very big problem and will continue to be, but if I’m elected President, I know how to deal with trouble. Iran is a problem in Iraq, a problem in Syria, a problem in Lebanon, a problem in Yemen, and will be a very major problem for Saudi Arabia. Literally every day, Iran provides more and better weapons to their puppet states.

Hezbollah in Lebanon has received sophisticated anti-ship weapons, anti-aircraft weapons, and GPS systems on rockets. Now they’re in Syria trying to establish another front against Israel from the Syrian side of the Golan Heights.

In Gaza, Iran is supporting Hamas and Islamic Jihad – and in the West Bank they are openly offering Palestinians $7,000 per terror attack and $30,000 for every Palestinian terrorist’s home that’s been destroyed.

Iran is financing military forces throughout the Middle East and it is absolutely indefensible that we handed them over $150 billion to facilitate even more acts of terror.

Secondly, we will totally dismantle Iran’s global terror network. Iran has seeded terror groups all over the world. During the last five years, Iran has perpetrated terror attacks in 25 different countries on five continents. They’ve got terror cells everywhere, including in the western hemisphere very close to home. Iran is the biggest sponsor of terrorism around the world and we will work to dismantle that reach.

Third, at the very least, we must hold Iran accountable by restructuring the terms of the previous deal. Iran has already – since the deal is in place – test-fired ballistic missiles three times. Those ballistic missiles, with a range of 1,250 miles, were designed to intimidate not only Israel, which is only 600 miles away but also intended to frighten Europe, and, someday, the United States.

Do you want to hear something really shocking? As many of the great people in this room know, painted on those missiles – in both Hebrew and Farsi – were the words “Israel must be wiped off the face of the earth.”

What kind of demented minds write that in Hebrew? And here’s another twisted part – testing these missiles does not even violate the horrible deal that we made!

The deal is silent on test missiles but those tests DO violate UN Security Council Resolutions. The problem is, no one has done anything about it. Which brings me to my next point – the utter weakness and incompetence of the United Nations.

The United Nations is not a friend of democracy. It’s not a friend to freedom. It’s not a friend even to the United States of America, where as all know, it has its home. And it surely isn’t a friend to Israel.

With President Obama in his final year, discussions have been swirling about an attempt to bring a security council resolution on the terms of an eventual agreement between Israel and Palestine. Let me be clear: An agreement imposed by the UN would be a total and complete disaster. The United States must oppose this resolution and use the power of our veto. Why? Because that’s not how you make a deal.

Deals are made when parties come to the table and negotiate. Each side must give up something it values in exchange for something it requires. A deal that imposes conditions on Israel and the Palestinian Authority will do nothing to bring peace. It will only further delegitimize Israel and it would reward Palestinian terrorism, because every day they are stabbing Israelis – and even Americans.

Just last week, American Taylor Allen Force, a West Point grad who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, was murdered in the street by a knife-wielding Palestinian. You don’t reward that behavior, you confront it!

It’s not up the United Nations to impose a solution. The parties must negotiate a resolution themselves. The United States can be useful as a facilitator of negotiations, but no one should be telling Israel it must abide by some agreement made by others thousands of miles away that don’t even really know what’s happening.

When I’m president, believe me, I will veto any attempt by the UN to impose its will on the Jewish state. You see, I know about deal-making – that’s what I do. I wrote The Art of the Deal, one of the all-time best-selling books about deals and deal making. To make a great deal, you need two willing participants.

We know Israel is willing to deal. Israel has been trying to sit down at the negotiating table, without pre-conditions, for years. You had Camp David in 2000, where Prime Minister Barak made an incredible offer – maybe even too generous. Arafat rejected it.

In 2008, Prime Minister Olmert made an equally generous offer. The Palestinian Authority rejected it. Then John Kerry tried to come up with a framework and Abbas didn’t even respond, not even to the Secretary of State of the United States of America!

When I become President, the days of treating Israel like a second-class citizen will end on Day One. I will meet with Prime Minister Netanyahu immediately. I have known him for many years and we will be able to work closely together to help bring stability and peace to Israel and to the entire region.

Meanwhile, every single day, you have rampant incitement and children being taught to hate Israel and hate the Jews. When you live in a society where the firefighters are the hero’s little kids want to be firefighters.

When you live in a society where athletes and movie stars are heroes, little kids want to be athletes and movie stars. In Palestinian society, the heroes are those who murder Jews – we can’t let this continue. You cannot achieve peace if terrorists are treated as martyrs. Glorifying terrorists is a tremendous barrier to peace.

In Palestinian textbooks and mosques, you’ve got a culture of hatred that has been fermenting there for years, and if we want to achieve peace, they’ve got to end this indoctrination of hatred. There is no moral equivalency. Israel does not name public squares after terrorists. Israel does not pay its children to stab random Palestinians.

You see, what President Obama gets wrong about deal making is that he constantly applies pressure to our friends and rewards our enemies. That pattern, practiced by the President and his administration, including former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, has repeated itself over and over and has done nothing but embolden those who hate America. We saw that with releasing $150 billion to Iran in the hope that they would magically join the world community – It’s the same with Israel and Palestine.

President Obama thinks that applying pressure to Israel will force the issue, but it’s precisely the opposite. Already, half the population of Palestine has been taken over by the Palestinian ISIS in Hamas, and the other half refuses to confront the first half, so it’s a very difficult situation but when the United States stands with Israel, the chances of peace actually rise. That’s what will happen when I’m president.

We will move the American embassy to the eternal capital of the Jewish people, Jerusalem – and we will send a clear signal that there is no daylight between America and our most reliable ally, the state of Israel.

The Palestinians must come to the table knowing that the bond between the United States and Israel is unbreakable. They must come to the table willing and able to stop the terror being committed on a daily basis against Israel and they must come to the table willing to accept that Israel is a Jewish State and it will forever exist as a Jewish State.

Thank you very much, its been a great honor to be with you. (transcript link)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Iran, ISIS, Islam, Israel, Jihad, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Reminder: Donald Trump 2016 AIPAC Speech…

1. FofBW says:

If I were Iran and seeing what President Trump is doing with Syria, Russia and now North Korea, I would be very concerned and looking for that big X on my back..

• TexasDude says:

Are we?

• thetrain2016 says:

How do you negotiate anything based on Obama’s leftover zero leverage?

• LibertyVibe says:

We aren’t. Trump is diffusing a very complicated situation. And he is escalating and diffusing one situation so he can diffuse the next. He will use China to diffuse N. Korea. Then he will use Russia, N. Korea and China to diffuse Iran. Don’t worry.

• tellthetruth2016 says:

IMO, Lyin Ryan is THE MOST corrupt Politician Evva ….. He released the $$$ to the worst terrorist state Evva ….. IF TRUMP/SESSIONS can find Anything to charge him with, it needs to be done …. Yes there are plenty of others BUT, to me he is the worse and maybe even More Dangerous because he is willing to do whatever to keep himself in power and $$$ to bring down our Country and the Americans who live here for it, YET, District 1 in WISCONSIN seems oblivious to any of this to protect him But can’t name 1 thing he has done for the people in his District …..So they are as guilty for rewarding terrorists as he is for NOT getting him out. …… NEHLEN tried really, really hard to help WISCONSIN in that district to show what a corrupt, lying, SOB he was, But no avail … to me, that is the greatest shame and sin they have to live with … It sickens me to know What kind of people support what he has done that lives in that District ….. I pray these voters will pull their head out of their ass in 2018 at least long enough to do what’s right for their District, State and Country BUT most of all for their children and Grandchildren …..TRUMP proved it doesn’t take a lot of $$$ to throw out a Politician who is corrupt Because Lil Paulie will NEVER be an honest, caring , man of integrity , But most of all, he will NEVER come to a Jesus moment and care about you …….This corrupt man is on you in 2018 ……..Remember, Ryan will never give you the kind of $$$$ he gave to terrorists wh want you and your family DEAD ….. So think really hard when you vote again 2018 ….

2. Muthaucker says:

Word.

3. Landslide says:

This was one of my favorite speeches and favorite moments for him. I still remember the guy selling red yarmulkas with MAGA embroidered on them!

“Each side must give up something it values to get something it requires” DJT

• Landslide says:

Oops! Should say “….in exchange for something it requires.”

• piper567 says:

Landslide…^^^…I agree. I watched it on RSBN when TRUMP delivered it, and was jst wowed.
      I have sent it around to many, and it was one of the speeches which made me relize TRUMP was The Real Deal…and I jumped on the train. Have never looked back.
      THANKS to sundance for reposting this.
      Please y’all, take the time to listen of you have not heard it.

• SEJMON says:

THANKS FOR THOSE SOME 25 % JEWISH CITIZENS WHO VOTE FOR PDJT & MAGA ….THE TRUELY WANT BE PART MAGA

4. TexasDude says:

Hello House Freedom Caucus and supposedly moderate Republicans …

“Deals are made when parties come to the table and negotiate. Each side must give up something it values in exchange for something it requires.”

• Willy says:

So let’s negotiate your daughter’s virginity.
      There are some things you don’t negotiate, unless you have no moral compass.

• sundance says:

How to get perma-banned from CTH.

A very inappropriate comment.

• stacksotall says:

Lol Rekt by Sundance

Willy, this is why you don’t skip chapters. The Dummies Guide to Trolling lays it all out for you!

• TexasDude says:

Well, don’t have a daughter. Anyways, this is business and politics.

For crying out loud, our country, our Constitution, and even where we placed our capital was all due to compromise.

But, hey, continue not only being rude, but totally misapplying the quote if it makes you feel better.

Jeeez.

• Dr T says:

What??? What is that supposed to mean??? We are not in the Middle East here!!! How does an immoral custom practiced by Muslims have anything to do with a moral agenda of avoiding carnage and suffering for millions of people who were given the gift of life from the Lord???

5. Fe says:

Facebook won’t let me post this article, grrrrrrr

6. David says:

This was a great speech. Thanks SD.

7. LibertyVibe says:

I will never forget this speech. This was his first Presidential/Statesman-like speech. I remember all of the standing ovations. I remember MSM crapping themselves. IT WAS THE BEST!

8. wolfmoon1776 says:

A great and very timely reminder of where Trump has ALWAYS stood on Israel.

Bottom line – Israel is a big part of the Trump “America First” agenda. Trump thinks a strong and safe Israel is part of MAGA. Some may disagree, but Trump has been very consistent on this. So telling Trump NOT to focus on Israel and to “get back” to the Trump agenda doesn’t rally make sense. Israel is part and parcel of the Trump agenda.

9. A.D. Everard says:

That was a brilliant read and the first time I’ve seen it. Thank you.

10. Emblematic says:

And that speech was written by Jared Kushner.

• and dictated by Donald J. Trump, a summary of his long-held beliefs. Actually, I believe Stephen Miller has been doing most of the speech-writing, again according to dictation from DJT, so I’m guessing Mr. Miller did the final polish on this one as well..

11. Donna in Oregon says:

What I heard is that the US is going to significantly cut Palestinian aid to help them along in the negotiation process. Throughout the speech Pres. Trump emphasized that money is the reward given for terrorism. America will no longer reward bad behavior. Sounds good to me!

12. Mal says:

More wars for israel, what did that general say? 7 countries finishing off with Iran? Trump is a puppet just like obama, we got duped.

• diddle40 says:

Israel has not yet started a war in that region. Not the 1948, 1967, 1973 etc, nor any of the Gaza wars. She fought them all defensively and on her own.

You post propaganda.

• Ploni says:

May 22, 1967:
        Egypt under President Gamal Abdel Nasser closed the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping, an “act of war” according to international law, protocol, and agreement.

13. According to Eric Trump, the Iran deal was what motivated DJT to commit to running for POTUS. Old news but it bears repeating in this thread. Linked article references the AIPAC speech: http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/29/eric-trump-obamas-iran-deal-drove-father-run-president/

• Dr T says:

Did not know this was his turning point. Wow . I have such respect for that man, our President. Imagine if someone had risen with the same moral clarity and courage before 1942?? The Lord spared us this time. Of that I’m certain in my spirit. What a great revelation on Holy Week …

14. cashed out says:

Just draw a circle with the center point Iran – the circle perimeter representing missile ranges. Iran could hit every single country in the Middle East, Europe, Russia and India.
    Remember Louis Farrakhan screaming at Obama when Ghaddafi was going down? According to their publications, Farrakhan/Wright went to Ghaddafi for years. Next thing in the news is Farrakhan is sitting all smiles at the table with Ramsey Clark and Ahmadinejad. One photo spoke volumes. New sugar daddy?