Palm Sunday, Holy Week Begins

palm-sunday

MT 21:1-11

When Jesus and the disciples drew near Jerusalem
and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives,
Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them,
“Go into the village opposite you,
and immediately you will find an ass tethered,
and a colt with her.
Untie them and bring them here to me.
And if anyone should say anything to you, reply,
‘The master has need of them.’
Then he will send them at once.”
This happened so that what had been spoken through the prophet
might be fulfilled:
Say to daughter Zion,
“Behold, your king comes to you,
meek and riding on an ass,
and on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden.”

The disciples went and did as Jesus had ordered them.
They brought the ass and the colt and laid their cloaks over them,
and he sat upon them.
The very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road,
while others cut branches from the trees
and strewed them on the road.
The crowds preceding him and those following
kept crying out and saying:
“Hosanna to the Son of David;
blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord;
hosanna in the highest.”
And when he entered Jerusalem
the whole city was shaken and asked, “Who is this?”
And the crowds replied,
“This is Jesus the prophet, from Nazareth in Galilee.”

set my face like flintIS 50:4-7

The Lord GOD has given me
a well-trained tongue,
that I might know how to speak to the weary
a word that will rouse them.
Morning after morning
he opens my ear that I may hear;
and I have not rebelled,
have not turned back.
I gave my back to those who beat me,
my cheeks to those who plucked my beard;
my face I did not shield
from buffets and spitting.

The Lord GOD is my help,
therefore I am not disgraced;
I have set my face like flint,
knowing that I shall not be put to shame.

What was Jesus doing at the Triumphal Entry?

Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI explains:

Jesus claims the right of kings, known throughout antiquity, to requisition modes of transport.

The use of an animal on which no one had yet sat is a further pointer to the right of kings. Most striking, though, are the Old Testament allusions that give a deeper meaning to the whole episode. . . .

For now let us note this: Jesus is indeed making a royal claim. He wants his path and his action to be understood in terms of Old Testament promises that are fulfilled in his person. . . .

At the same time, through this anchoring of the text in Zechariah 9:9, a “Zealot” exegesis of the kingdom is excluded: Jesus is not building on violence; he is not instigating a military revolt against Rome. His power is of another kind: it is in God’s poverty, God’s peace, that he identifies the only power that can redeem [Jesus of Nazareth, vol. 2].

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/9-things-you-need-to-know-about-palm-passion-sunday/#ixzz3VjXWfUi3

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

108 Responses to Palm Sunday, Holy Week Begins

1. Kelly says:

Pray for our Christian brothers and sisters in Cairo this morning who were targeted in the deadly church bombing today.

2. ok4ayl says:

Thank You Sundance, prayers to all the TREEPERS…..

3. This comment was deleted by admin for being totally inappropriate to the post.

• Jeanne T. says:

Isaiah 17 was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about the attack. It could certainly be a precursor to the destruction of Damascus.

4. FofBW says:

Thank you once again Menagerie for a wonderful post reminding us of Holy Week and who is REALLY in charge. Amen!!

5. BebeTarget says:

Reading IS 50:14 made me think of our POTUS. Thank you SD for strengthening that which is within us that must be kept strong. . . and reminding us that we are ALWAYS enveloped within His loving arms. Blessings and prayers to all the Treepers . . . . especially to our brothers and sisters in Egypt.

6. grandmotherpatriot says:

Good Morning Sudance ,
    Holy Week is upon us once more just prior to the Rejoice of the Resurrection .
    This week is especially trying for myself and my husband as on Weds the 12th my husband under goes an 8 hour procedure on is heart .
    My husband has had many procedures on his heart prior yet , this time the stakes are higher . I have prayed for the surgeon to have a steady hand and keen mind yet , I also take comfort in knowing that the Lord Jesus died for sins and whatever happens on Weds will be the will of the Lord not thy Will . If by chance my husband does not make it out of the Surgery then I will know that he will dine in the house of the Lord.
    Have a Blessed Sunday

• FofBW says:

This was posted by menagerie

• lucyohancock says:

am praying all will be well. may the surgeon hands be steady. may the angels surround.

• COLibertyBelle says:

God bless you and your husband …you will both be in my prayers, gmp. U

• Beryl Bomb says:

God bless you and God bless your husband and may God give his heart the strength he needs and may God grant your surgeon wisdom and steady hands. Jesus, please watch over these people and protect them with your Love.

• tellthetruth2016 says:

Menagerie, I will also be praying for your husband ….. Blessed holly week Treepers ….

• sadsack says:

I belong to a prayer group here in British Columbia and we will add you to our list of people to pray for. I emailed my aunt in Ontario and sister in Prince Edward Island and they will add you to the list in their prayer groups.
      Lots of prayers going your way! God bless you and your family!

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Overwhelmed with the response from such loving caring people .
        Thank -you for the Prayers .
        God Bless of of you.

• BebeTarget says:

I am praying thy will is His will. Stay strong and know on Wednesday you and your husband will be lifted up to Him with many Treeper prayers.

• Rebnstx says:

Grandmotherpatriot, yes how sweet to remember the wedding feast prepared for the bride. Your husband is in the best hands. Peace to you also that day.

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Thank-you and yes that has been of comfort to me as I know this is in Gods hands now yet , I remain strong and confident for both my Husband and myself.
        I trust in the Lord Jesus and his will . Will keep all of you posted .
        God Bless

• maiingankwe says:

Grandmother, please know my prayers are with you as I am sure with many others here at CTH. I will mark Wednesday on my calendar, so I can remember to scatter ceremonial tobacco at first light under my favorite tree. This is for you and your husband and his surgery.

Please know if this unsettles you, I will just pray throughout the day. I truly believe with all of my being we pray to the same God, Creator. I know this because he’s answered so many of my prayers and has always been there to shine his light for me when I’ve been lost.

I really hope I haven’t made a mess of things and people will be commenting on how I’m wrong or right. A discussion can be held at another time and place. This comment is only to let you know I am here for you and will pray for you with all of my heart.

Be well,
      Ma’iingankwe

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Good Morning and thank you for the Blessing . I thought I replied to you yesterday but I go not see my comment. This does not unsettle me at all . Please let me know which tree you chose .
        Grandmother ,

• maiingankwe says:

Grandmother,
          Well, it’s not a big tree, it’s probably not even considered spectacular by anyone but me. She’s a small, Betula papyrifera (paper birch) tree. She is surrounded by four or five Picea mariana (black spruce) and about 6-7 feet from any larger trees, Betuala papyrifera, her older brothers and sisters. She is also about eight feet from my storage shed on the side of our nice sized yard.

I don’t know why I am drawn to her and love her. It may be because she stands so tall and straight and doesn’t seem to have a worry in the world. I know she is where I lay my tobacco down and say my prayers, the ones that are real important to me. I also know any tree would be okay, even a shrub, which I’ve been known to use, but she calls to me and calms me and I think she likes the tobacco that I lay.

The tobacco I use have had prayers put on them by more important people than I. It’s good tobacco, it’s what I use for when I’m included in ceremonies. As my nimama used to say, “It’s the good stuff.” and it certainly is.

I do owe an apology or explanation though, I did not get out there at Sunrise, which was 6:30am today. I was busy helping my daughter get ready for school and study for a test. I did remember to do it after. It’s alright, my nindede (Dad) used to say the best prayers are for noon time when the heavens open up and they can hear better. When they hear prayers at this time they know the prayers are important.

Me? I think any time of the day is the perfect time to say a prayer. All are listened to, all are important.

And even though I’ve said all of that, I will still try to get out every day at sunrise to lay some tobacco for you and your husband. Wednesday is a big day and I truly pray all will be well.

Chii miigwetch Nakomis,
          Ma’iingankwe

(Thank you very much Grandmother) (you’re Nakomis). I just love the sound of that name. Nuh-ko (rhymes with toe) – mis.
          Nuh-ko-mis.
          Be well.

• grandmotherpatriot says:

What a lovely description. I can image all in my mind . Helping your daughter is important and I do hope she passes her test.
            I love the way your father describes how the heavens open and I agree prayers are heard at anytime.
            Tomorrow is our important day and I keep saying to myself – just breathe .
            Hugs
            Nakomis and thank -you

• maiingankwe says:

Nakomis,
              You and your husband have been on my mind and in my prayers throughout the whole day. I may have been going non-stop since I woke up, but I was always been able to find a few moments to send good thoughts and prayers to the both of you. It’s also why I haven’t been able to sit down and send you a post, at least until now. I am so sorry for that, but I know the prayers and thoughts were more important. I know I’m not the only one sending good thoughts your way and I’m so hoping you were able to feel at least a little bit of that. I do know the Angels were with you today, and I hope that brings you comfort. I asked God quite a few times to send your husband some Angels to work on his behalf and yours as well. We may not be able to see them or always feel them, but they are there. They would’ve been there without anyone asking either. So I might have been driving them a little batty today too.

When everything has calmed down, please let us know how everything went. I know I’m on pins and needles, but guess what? I also have a lot of patience and can wait till you have time.

Please give your husband a big, gentle hug from all of us and let him know we care.

My eleven year old daughter mixed up two of the questions, but other than that she got them all right. She was happy, so I am too.

She did have me laughing though. After we were done studying I told I her I was going to pick up a book and refresh my mind on the Roman Empire, especially the political side of it. She looked at me as if I had grown wings or something. She couldn’t figure out how or why I would do such a thing. I explained to her a library would easily work. I guess she didn’t know that “old” people would still be willing to study and learn.

So, I told her she’s done the exact same thing. She really thought I was off my rocker when I said that then until I reminded her when she wanted to learn about hamsters we had gone to the library in order for her to do so.

“Oh yeah.”she says as she’s remembering, “I did do that didn’t I?” Uh, yeah, we did and now I’m going to do the same. So what does she say? “You want to learn about hamsters too? I can tell you anything you want to know, all you have to do is ask.” SMH. And I thought she was the smart one. She did laugh when she realized what she had said. Thank goodness, there’s still hope.

I also pointed to all of my bookshelves and told her most of the books I owned were for further learning from after I was all done with school. They’re mostly non-fiction. I guess she never realized that adults still want to keep learning or refresh their minds about certain subjects.

Please don’t forget about the hug and know I will continue praying for his healing and for you too.

Be well, and don’t forget to breathe,
              Ma’iingankwe

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Good Morning and thank-you for your kind words . She sounds lovely.
                My husband pulled through .
                I am off to the hospital right now .
                Hugs

• maiingankwe says:

Today is such a beautiful day in so many ways.

Don’t forget that hug now!

I am ever so happy for you and your family.

I can feel you smiling too!

Ah, so happy. I think I’m going to smiling the whole day through.

Be well, and make sure you get good rest too.

• maiingankwe says:

Nakomis,
              How did your Saturday go? Was your husband allowed to come home today? If so, is he much happier? How are the both of you doing? I hope well and both of you are getting the rest you both need.

Hoping everything went smoothly today.
              Beautiful Dreams,
              Ma’iingankwe

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Happy Easter – he is still in the hospital.

• maiingankwe says:

It’s alright, let him get stronger every day. Hold hope he will be well. It will be soon enough when he will drive you bonkers in the home.
                  My prayers and thoughts will continue to be with the both of you on this day and forward.
                  Be well, you are loved,
                  Ma’iingankwe

• maiingankwe says:

How are you doing today Nakomis? I hope all is going well with you. I just wanted to let you know you are still in my thoughts and prayers with your husband and his health.
                  Be well,
                  Ma’iingankwe

• grandmotherpatriot says:

My husband is back in the hospital with an infection , its bad. Keep us in your Prayers .
                  Thanks

• maiingankwe says:

I had a feeling something wasn’t going smoothly. I will lay some tobacco down for both of you tomorrow morning. You are both always in my prayers. Hold strong.
                  Ma’iingankwe

• WVPatriot says:

Dear grandmotherpatriot,

In the name of Jesus,
      Keep your husband well within the Blue light of Christ
      Heal him from all heart issues as only you are able,
      In the name of the FATHER, the SON and the HOLY GHOST Amen

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Thank you very much at this point with all the comments and people praying for my husband , I am in tears of Joy .
        As no matter what the out come on Weds.
        My Faith has been restored in humans once again by all you.
        Hugs Grandmother and God Bless you.

• dalethorn says:

Praying that through all of this, your faith is unshakeable.

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Thank -you as I am human sometimes I stray and become angry yet , I also remain calm for my husband , children , grandchildren .
        The Lord has taken me down many paths that I have learned and my Faith was strengthened after the journey .
        I have been strong up until this morning when I posted here on the Treehouse . When I read to day posts i felt at ease and able to post my feelings to the strong and Faithful to help me remain unshakable.
        God Bless you , you have no idea how and others here have lifted my faith .
        Hugs Grandmother

• NewNonna!! says:

Grandmother, prayers for your husband and yes, for his surgeon, too. We trust in The Lord ESPECIALLY when we face trials big (like the one you speak of) AND small. Not always easy, but yes, what we are called to do.

May the Hand of our Lord guide the outcome of the surgery with His Mercy.

Let us know how it turns out. Treepers are caring and faithful people, from what I’ve seen here. 🙏🏼

• grandmotherpatriot says:

Thank -you NewNonna and congratulations . Being Nonna is a gift from God.
        I will keep you posted and I will stay strong .
        I am overwhelmed with the response and comforted .
        Hugs Grandmother

7. whoseyore says:

I like to take this week and read the story of Christ’s life during each of the days of Holy Week as it was reported in each of the Gospels. I praise God for His love and mercy!

8. Texmom says:

Always good to be reminded about what really matters. Happy Palm Sunday to all and prayers for our fellow Christians in Egypt.

9. G-d&Country says:

Thank you Menagerie. I always look forward to your posts, especially those on Holy Days. May God Bless you and yours.
    This was my reply to a post from next door:
    …..Jesus was accepted with celebration on Sunday, betrayed on Thursday, and killed on Friday. This brings me back to your post from yesterday.
    MaryfromMarin says:
    April 8, 2017 at 1:09 am
    “The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    –Marcus Aurelius–
    From the palms to the cross in less than a week.

May everyone have a peaceful, joyful, Palm Sunday.

10. mamadogsite says:

Prayers for Egypt..bombs at 2 Coptic Christian churches celebrating Palm Sunday services.

• FofBW says:

Jesus, lead all souls to heaven, especially those of us in most need of they mercy.

• georgiafl says:

Islam truly is the anti-Christ spirit,
      the ultimate blasphemy
      the ultimate chutzpah
      and heresy.

Mohammed demoted the Lord of Lords
      to a mere prophet
      and made himself chief
      prophet.

Islam has always been
      a long line of bloodshed,
      destruction, lust, lies and death
      unto this day.

30,602 deadly, documented terrorist attacks since 9/11/01 – average 5-6 per day.

• MTeresa says:

Personally, I pray for the conversion of the Muslim people.

• georgiafl says:

Amen.

The Christian world needs revival and in some cases conversion as well.

Repentance and conversion is a daily, sometimes hourly thing.

• fuzzi says:

georgiafl, you reminded me of a quote:
            “When I pray I sin. When I preach I sin. My very repentance needs to be repented of, and my tears need washing in the blood of Christ” – Berkeley

• georgiafl says:

So true for me. Always.

One old preacher I knew said it this way: “I wouldn’t trust the best 5 minutes of my life to save me.”

It’s grace, always grace, always undeserved, always at His expense.

• piper567 says:

The Lord, at this moment as we type, is finding His who are lost among these heathens.
          Have a missionary friend who has been in the ME for 40+ yrs, is fluent in languages, and is itinerant.
          He is experiencing/participating in many many conversions.
          Please pray that hearts will be open to The Truth of salvation by Jesus and His work, alone.

• nuthinmuffin says:

we have been warned about people duch as these…

“You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”
        John 8:44

• 100% ultimate blasphemy, and quite frankly demonic.
        Islam Believes
        1. Christ wasn’t crucified
        2. God’s promise to Abraham was through Ishmael and not Isaac

Muhammad must have received his visions from the serpent.

• mopar2016 says:

Soooooooo true.
        That islam nonsense is a cult and should be banned in the US.
        21st century civilization and 7th century islam can’t coexist.

• Wink says:

Sadly our brothers and sisters in Christ were bombed before in Egypt. I remember when the Coptic Christians protested in Washington after the “Arab Spring” when the Muslim brotherhood controlled Egypt. I recall ISIS claiming that they were going to destroy the Coptic Church in Egypt. It was tragic that our news media in the past cared very little for their plight. Now they will only use this tragedy as a political football. People say it was retaliation for the missile strike. But I doubt that Assad blew up those churches. I believe the reason was it was Palm Sunday. Once again ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood stated that they would go after the Coptic Church in Egypt.

11. annied9393 says:

Thank you Sundance. In these days of such confusion and hate filled rhetoric ii is crucial to bring Our Lord and Savior to the front for all to know that He put us all here for a reason. God bless all His people and God Bless America.

12. Beatit says:

A word of thanks for running this site and bringing much clarity to a very confusing world. And we pray……

13. NJF says:

Thank you Menagerie for this lovely post.

Wishing everyone a peaceful & joyous Palm Sunday.

I always think of about my mom as our extended family would gather together at our home for a lovely, less hectic day of celebration.

14. georgiafl says:

Such love,
    true faithful, unconditional love.

Such courage,
    unflinching, committed courage.

Such power,
    yielding earthly power,
    eternal power was won.

Such peace,
    that passes all understanding
    that withstands all assaults
    that absorbs commotions
    that grows and never ends.

Amen and amen.

15. April 9, 2017

by Fr. George W. Rutler

The first Psalm engraved in my memory was the 24th, which as a child I
    found especially cheerful. Our grammar school principal, Miss Booth,
    would ring a large handbell to summon us in from the playground for
    the opening exercises of Scripture-reading, prayers and the Pledge to
    the Flag. This was a public school in a time untouched by the neurotic
    political separation of the Creator and his creatures. Miss Booth’s
    favorite Psalm obviously was the 24th, because it was the only one in
    the whole Psalter she seemed to know by heart. She may have thought it
    the best for starting the day, especially on occasions when the
    Superintendent of Schools arrived: “Lift up your heads, O ye gates,
    even lift them up ye everlasting doors, and the King of glory shall
    come in” (Psalm 24:9).

The whole meaning of that song of David became clear when the real
    King of Glory entered Jerusalem, with children joining adults in
    waving palm branches. But on the same day, that King wept over
    Jerusalem for the indifference of most of its people.

A few days ago I spent some good hours in the company of David Alton,
    with whom I have often corresponded, while he was visiting our city.
    Now Lord Alton of Liverpool, he has been a major champion of pro-life
    causes in the House of Lords and has promoted awareness of the
    genocide of Christians in the Middle East and the modern slave trade.

Just as the persecution of Christians is nervously ignored in our
    social climate, so are most people unaware that there are more slaves
    now than in all previous centuries combined: by varying estimates
    between 21 million and 46 million laboring in domestic servitude,
    forced labor, sex trafficking, child labor, indentured servitude and
    forced marriage. Certainly the angels of the millions of victims of
    legalized infanticide always behold the Father’s face (Matthew
    18:10), and the modern martyrs join them. Those enslaved know that
    Christ can set them free morally, even as societies enchain them
    physically. While such enslavement is most common in India, China,
    Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, North Korea, Uzbekistan, Cambodia and
    Qatar, this bondage exists nearly everywhere in clandestine and subtle
    forms.

On Palm Sunday, Christ enters New York and every city, and in each
    one there are those who joyfully greet him, and others whose sullen
    indifference or contempt move his human nature to tears. That is the
    drama of free will, which is why each of us is a kind of city unto
    ourselves, and the gates of our hearts may either open or close to
    him. He is never alone, for the Father is always with him, but he
    wants us to be with him too. I am indebted to my old principal Miss
    Booth for ringing that school bell and leading that Psalm.

16. TheLastDemocrat says:

The Book of Ruth oddly pops up in an otherwise coherent series of historical narrative books. The purpose could be to get our attention. Maybe to provide a sweet little bit of acceptable scripture to be read by one of the believer old folks at our pseudo religious secular “weddings.”

But maybe more: to clearly present the contract , loss and redemption of the entitlement of the contract, and the concept of the kinsman redeemer .

Adam and Eve had a great deal. They knew God directly, and we’re entitled to live immortality in his garden of Eden. But they broke their end of the deal. The penalty is they were subject to the natural world, with decay and death, rather than the supernatural, which they had. They would surely die.

But merciful God built in an opportunity for redemption back into that deal.

They would die, but we’re given the ability to live on through their offspring.

Hence, each of us exists ONLY under this narrow window of grace, but yes, each of us is not just supernatural but corrupted, as part of the natural world. Puzzling. We did not ask to be born in sin, but nonetheless we are.

But we could be redeemed! By a redeemer with a direct claim. Hence the genealogy of Jesus, showing his entitlement to redeem based partly on being heir to Adam’s supernatural deal.

Thank you Jesus for redemption.

Folks, we are just passing through this world.

• Jeanne T. says:

Ruth was a Moabite, and therefore a Gentile. She married Boaz and and gave birth to Obed, the father of Jesse, the father of King David. Thus Ruth was brought into the ancestry of the Messiah, a Gentile grafted in to the olive tree, Israel. Rahab, a Canaanite prostitute and a Gentile was also in the lineage of the Messiah. Matthew 1:5-6: “Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,
      Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth,
      Obed the father of Jesse,
      6 and Jesse the father of King David.”

Orpah, Naomi’s other daughter-in-law, by deciding to go back to her people, the Moabites, instead of choosing to go with Naomi, actually rejected the Jewish people and their God.

• dalethorn says:

I never quite understood how the highest of angels, who worked directly for God, could rebel against God on the basis of jealousy or whatever. He had to know directly that he could never be what he was not, and he had to be fully aware of God’s omnipotence. But Mother Angelica explained it one day, and it made immediate sense. God told his highest of angels “I am going to make a human son, and you and your angels will be placed under his authority, and under the guidance of his mother.” This highest of angels, who had heretofore been reporting directly to God, saw himself as diminished or demoted, and so he rebelled. And so sin was born out of that combination of free will and ego – ego being the angel’s sense of his position and importance.

If I read Genesis correctly, the serpent appealed to that same free will and ego, telling Eve (my interpretation) that God was holding out on her, and that she deserved to experience a new freedom – an expanded awareness – and that nothing bad would happen as a result of merely gaining that new knowledge. As a side note, we fall into that same sin-trap when we see freedom as a license for self-gratification, rather than as a responsibility to protect really important things like our civilization and our faith.

17. indiana08 says:

I grew up in a Christian home and went to religious schools where Bible class was just as important as English or Math classes. I realized though that I was a Christian and a believer in Christ by how Blessed Jesus was willing to give his life and suffer for our sins and how that made me feel. The story of the resurrection always makes me cry, even today while looking at some you commentors’ wonderful post. My birthday has landed twice on Good Friday and today on Palm Sunday but never on Easter, sadly. It’s hard to celebrate giving the importance of the sacrifice that Christ made for all of us and what has happened in Egypt today. My heart truly goes out to those Coptic Christians who were worshiping quietly and bothered no one only to die because of a barbaric ideology who will never know Christ’s love.

18. jephfree says:

The “signs” Jesus was showing was the fulfillment of the Messiah.

19. Timmy-the-Ute says:

20. Meatzilla says:

The Way, the Truth, and the Life

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”John 14:2-6

21. tellthetruth2016 says:

22. Why a donkey? Because in those days a King rode into an adoring city on a donkey. Conqueror kings rode in on a horse.

Why an never broken, un-mated foal of a donkey? To demonstrate sinless purity of The Friend Of Sinners.

Oh yes Jesus returns again- on a white horse. In righteousness He judges and wages war on the the enemies of God. Believe this- you don’t want to be around for that! Rev 19:11

23. BakoCarl says:

Palm Sunday

Look! Here is My servant,
    Here is My chosen One.
    He’ll deliver His justice;
    He’s My beloved Son.

My Spirit is upon Him,
    Teaching as He goes about.
    He’ll not shout in the streets,
    Nor raise His voice or cry out,

Righteous and victorious,
    But lowly He comes.
    He will rule from sea to sea,
    And bring peace to the nations.

Our Savior came riding
    On the foal of an ass.
    Many common people cheered
    But not the ruling class.

He came not for the “righteous”,
    But for sinners to save.
    He came not as a ruler,
    But as a lowly slave.

A bruised reed He’ll not break,
    He’ll be gentle and meek.
    He is here, if you look.
    You will find if you seek.

He’s here, behind the door,
    If you’ll come and just knock.
    Then He’ll be your Shepherd,
    And you’ll be one of His flock.

24. Joe Blow says:

Praying for your husband, Menagerie. Thank you for the beautiful post.

25. Sepp says:

An Orthodox hymn, specifically a kontakion, for Palm Sunday:

“Being borne upon a throne in Heaven, and upon a colt on the earth, O Christ God, Thou didst accept the praise of the Angels and the laudation of the children as they cried to Thee: Blessed is He that cometh to recall Adam.”

26. bamachick18 says:

Praying for all in Cairo and for the Treehouse who have blessed me with political education!

27. Blessed is he who comes in the name of The Lord. Hosanna!

God always fulfills his promises. Jesus fulfilled The Lord’s promise to Abraham. Our King shed his blood for us so we may be saved, while kings of this world have their subjects die for them. Our Lord fulfilled the Law to its fullest in our stead, in order to cover & redeem us from the curse of sin.

Jesus Christ is the Lord of Lords & King of Kings, praise be to God!

28. Janeka says:

Amen

29. GAPTOG says:

Thank You, Jesus!

30. MaryfromMarin says:

[Giotto’s Palm Sunday fresco]

31. MissKay says:

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. And life is worth the living just because He lives.

32. justfactsplz says:

Thank you Menagerie for this beautiful post. Over the years I have so looked forward to your holiday posts and teachings from the Word. Prayers for Sundance, all of the administrators, and all of the Treepers for peace and comfort in these trying times. For those who don’t know Jesus I pray you will seek and find him. For those who do may you walk with Him daily. Love and blessings to all.

33. The Tundra PA says:

Just…thank you.
    Today in Mass my heart broke open in a way it never had before. The incredibleness of the Gift was more than I could bear.

34. pacnwbel says:

In the Anglican liturgy, Prayers of the People are offered. While Obama was in office I had difficulty being sincere saying the prayer for him, for me it was more a case of praying that we would survive him. Some might say that was not a very Christian attitude. This morning however it was a joy to ask for blessing on our President, that God will keep him safe and empower his decisions. This walk through HolyWeek is the most incredible walk we can make, especially with the persecution of fellow Christians in the ME weighing heavily on our collective hearts.

35. JustCC says:

I’m proud to be a member of this site,
    BUT
    more importantly I’M proud to be ONE of GODs Children
    that’s not afraid to stand and shout his name…
    Praise Jesus our Lord and Savior..
    Amen….

36. The major issue of the triumphal entry was “hosanna to the Son of David” which means “save us, Messiah.”

That was the reason for the consternation of Jesus’ enemies.

It was also the purpose behind the entry, because “their king” came to them riding on a donkey as prophesied, and the crowds were here, apparently, initially acknowledging that fact.