March 23rd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #63

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,793 Responses to March 23rd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #63

1. Pam says:

This is saying procedural vote in the house tonight and vote tomorrow. I’m confused. LOL

2. Trumppin says:

So they will not be voting on the Healthcare bill tonight….. but that does not mean it won’t get voted on at some point.. right?.. god i hate these #fakeamerican congressmen

3. NHVoter says:

4. Pam says:

5. Pam says:

6. NHVoter says:

7. Dora says:

8. RckyMtn says:

Does anyone here have a copy of the bill? Just curious why so many are so gun ho for this bill and have no idea whats in it. Yeah I trust Trump but not sure thats enough to blindly support this bill when I have no idea what is or isn’t in it. I still don’t see why the GOP thinks the Govt has any business in my health care. Just repeal the stupid thing and let the chips fall where they may. If it passes it passes but I can’t support something unless I know whats in it and at this point nobody probably does

• Dave Radetsky says:

I think many are gung ho because they are willing to follow Trump no matter what. Blindly following ANYONE is a mistake. In fact, it’s foolish. No man is God and while some are honorable people, every human fails at some point. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to know what’s in the bill and having a detailed and lengthy discussion as to why it should be supported. I do realize that Trump may be doing something he can’t speak about right now because he needs the secrecy to get to a place where he can use whatever weapon he has in mind. But that does put everyone in a bad place to have to blindly support it. I think you said it well.

• dilonsfo says:

You all should read it. It has been on line for several days. If you did so you could tell everyone what is in that you don’t like. The same goes for those who are for it.

• ediegrey says:

Donald Trump won the presidency – the rest of these “conservatives” are absolutely worthless at best. They lead to no where. If President Trump says this is the way to go, we had better get on board. No man is God but too many cooks spoil the broth, especially conservative ones for some reason. Trust Trump, he is the only chance, like it or not.

• Zennalou says:

Thank you for being brave enough to say that on this forum. I can’t get past the part of the illegal border invaders still being able to use it. Until that changes, I and many others can’t stomach the idea of it passing.

• If the House sends our dream bill to the senate it will require 60 votes, and cannot pass. So, it must be done under the senate “Reconciliation” rule, which only requires 51 votes. It’s either this process or nothing.

• snaggletooths says:

The updated bill can be downloaded and read its on PDF .
      Just go to the bottom of this page and hit download

• findmatthewgreene says:

This is a very bad bill for numerous reasons. If Sundance wants to give me a guest spot to write the reasons why I would be happy to do so (would be far too long a post for comments section). I also don’t think DJT has read the entire bill and had certain components full explained by someone with the proper knowledge. I am disappointed 😦

• snaggletooths says:

I am sure President Trump read the bill completely he has had numerous meetings with many from different parties about this bill so insulting his intelligence does not work with me there are things I object to in this bill.

• Consulted perhaps read the entire thing I am not so sure. This bill will result in people with pre-existing conditions being unable to afford premiums. fact. This bill severly impacts people between the ages of 60 to 64. Fact. Not insulting his intelligence at all, I voted for him, however I can’t believe he wants wick and holder people to die which is exactly what this bill will do. Fact

• KitKat says:

The political reality that Trump is working in is that the majority of Americans believe that governments can do things to make health care better. Any party that wants to retain its fine principles at the expense of getting elected, better get used to living powerless in the political wilderness.

• TPW says:

There are things the govt. can do to make it better……REMOVE restrictions for doctors, hospitals, Drug companies, restrictions limiting competition, restrictions imposed by FDA, Make laws restricting lawsuit abuse………..

9. Pam says:

10. Athena the Warrior says:

“Reconciliation…cloture…” Nothing but do nothing gobbly gook meant to keep regular Americans from understanding what should be straight forward common sense language. I’m sick of it all. Of course Ryan did this to try and hurt President Trump coming out with his binary my way or the highway stance.

11. Pam says:

• Tazz2293 says:

Please tell me why I should support RyanCare

• dilonsfo says:

Please tell us why you don’t. I am sure you read it and are ready to explain the good points and the bad points.

• Tazz2293 says:

I did not say I don’t support the bill, I asked why I should support the bill. Big difference don’t you think?

My main problem with this bill is that Ryan and his cronies wrote it after having 7 years to come up with something better.

I do not trust Ryan and am hoping Trump allowed Ryan to hang himself.

Now, Please tell me again why I should support it.

• redlegleader68 says:

You have to get it (whatever that is) to House/Senate conference; the ultimate product of which will only require a 51 vote margin (or 50+1). Whatever changes can be made must be done in this fashion. If you nuke the ACA and try to go with a new bill, that will require 60 votes in the Senate (assuming it passes the House) and I have yet to hear anyone tell me where those at least 8 Dhimms are coming from . Anyway, my two cents.

• majorstar says:

Maybe this was the best thing that could pass Congress. Not everyone feels the same as you, or the Freedom NeverTrump Caucus. As Trump’s theme song goes, “you can’t always get what you want… but if you try sometimes you just might get what you need.”

• dilonsfo says:

Well, since you have a problem with the bill because Ryan and his cronies wrote it then I guess you don’t support it… don’t you think?

• Tazz2293 says:

Could there be reasons I could and might support the bill?

I could support the bill if in it’s failures it brings down Ryano the Rat.

I could support the bill if it is helping Trump consolidate his power.

Just don’t tell me it is a beautiful thing and expect me to support it. A case other than I will “love” it and it is a “beautiful” thing does not convince many to support the bill. That is what I am trying to point out.

Messaging is important people. Not everyone just trusts Trump implicitly.

• dilonsfo says:

The reasons you give are about the “health care.” They are about the people around the bill. I guess what I am saying is at this point we don’t know what the final bill will contain. It has to get to the Senate. The the Senate will do whatever they are going to do. If it passes there then it will go to both chambers for reconciliation. When the bill comes out of reconciliation we will know whether we want out reps to pass it or not.

• KitKat says:

Please tell us why you voted for Trump to be your leader, (if you did), but are not going to follow his leadership?

• Tazz2293 says:

If I did vote for Trump? Okay, not to sound demeaning or anything, but Trump ain’t a god and you ain’t all knowing.

To answer your question – Yes I did vote for Trump. Why? To save America. Am I going to blindly follow anyone? No. Do I give Trump the benefit of the doubt? Yes. Is Trump infallible? No. President Trump is only a man. The only perfect man I have ever known is Jesus and He was God on Earth. That is not Trump.

It is okay to question those who lead us. Blindly following anyone is foolishness of the highest degree.

12. Publius2016 says:

No need to worry about the Obamacare disaster. Ryancare was based on getting the Dems to support it. With no Dems, the votes must come from Freedom Caucus. Let President Trump work his magic. At the end of the day, no deal is better than a bad deal: the disaster known as Obamacare is the Democrat legacy. People will get care under Medicaid either way, the real problem is that doctors are leaving and retiring and the ones we’re getting are on visas. Establish 8 year scholarships in exchange for 8 years of service to hospitals and charities and watch our health system come roaring back! MAGA!

13. Regina says:

=)

14. Pam says:

15. bearsgrrr says:

Both guys in the Rockville rape case were illegal, according to http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-rockville-high-school-rape-20170323-story.html . The article tries really hard to convince us they were 17 & 18 year old orphans. Sounds like they were living in houses filled with illegals.

• Chuck Roast says:

We just need to understand them……………….and then hang the Bastards.

• Mr. Morris says:

Andrew Jezic the attorney for the oldest alleged illegal immigrant rapist appeared on Tucker Carlson’s show tonight. He said sex between his 18 year old client, Henry Sanchez Milian, in the boys bathroom At Rockville H.S. Md. and the 14 year old girl was consensual and he would be looking into her background. Mr. Jezic refused to say who was paying his legal fees, and did not mention the other rapist illegal immigrant who had simultaneous sex with the 14 year old girl.

16. andi lee says:

Wow. Wait. Why should I be surprised?

17. Pam says:

Here is POTUS, VP, and Seema Verma meeting with a group of truckers outside the white house. These are the big rigs folks. Best line of the meeting to the group when POTUS was hanging on the side of the truck:

“If I fell off, would you be happy?” That’s the same thing he said during the meeting with the Harley Davidson execs. Too funny!

• liberty2828 says:

So nice… Love his enthusiasm!

Just like a kid when he climbed up and pulled the Jake brake. Haahaa.

• BakoCarl says:

Ummm . . . pulled the jake brake? Did you mean “Blow the air horn”?

The jake brake is usually actuated by a toggle on the dash and it is used to allow the engine to be used as a braking aid, resulting in that characteristic sound from trucks as you hear them “winding down” while in motion and in gear.

18. Bull Durham says:

Ryan is the big loser. The bill will eventually get changed to satisfy the holdouts.
    The deal is in motion. There can only be one winner, POTUS and he will win.

Pyrrhic victory for FC. They have to come up with the ingredients to make the bill a winner.
    It’s put up or shut up.

Trump just waits for their inside the House battles to be over.

Meanwhile, Ryan is the one who is calling Timeout.
    Headline is GOP Leadership halts the voting.

19. David says:

Donald should lecture Congress that in the Real Corporate World there are deadlines and Congress had 7-years to work on the New Health Care Bill. In the Corporate World, Congress would have been fired 10 times. Donald should disclose to Congress today…If the Health Care Bill is not done by Next Monday… I will not sign any bill until 2018 and tell Congress they can answer to voters.
    HIRE BIG 3 ACCOUNTING FIRMS
    Donald should Hire one of the Big 3 Accounting Firms and their Consulting department will write the Health Care Bill. The Consulting firm will be on the incentive plan paid each future year that the Health Care Bill is successful in reducing cost etc. Guarantee 100% Success…

Congress does not know how to work hard…they take to many vacations….

20. Trump’s Gameplan for Congress:

Trump is reshaping the GOP to follow his lead, constructively collaborate and constantly contribute to enact the Trump Agenda.

This is not a one-act performance.
    • He has to first make them dependent on him.
    • He has to bring them along to win one.
    • He has to earn their trust that he can and will deliver with and for them.

He’s now got the Freedom Caucus swinging onto the Trump Team.
    • He’s taken command of unwinding and ending the Health Care nightmare.
    • He’s opened a seat at the table for them to contribute.
    • He’s proving that he’ll produce the funding and success needed to keep their seats – WITHOUT Globalist Pay-to-Play.

He is beginning to co-opt the GOPe wing of the Uniparty.
    • They must come to fear the alternative to teamwork.
    • They must commit to compromise or lose.
    • They must join the Trump Team to win some or lose a lot.

As for the Democrat wing of the Uniparty, they will soon have a reason to help some or convince their voters that it’s great to be losers.

21. Pam says:

“Not doing something doesn’t get them off the hook with their voters. Voters are suffering from Obamacare. The holdouts have to produce.”

Everything you just said there is correct but that one quote I pulled out is what I think is really important. Some of these stooges are too busy going on TV opposing this thing and they don’t have a solution of their own that can get enough votes in both chambers to pass. They know it and they don’t care.

22. Pam says:

• WeThePeople2016 says:

I am so tired of this Freedom Caucus and their whining. What a joke they are becoming.

• Sounds like you’d hate to serve in Congress.

• Trumppin says:

for 8 years we complained about congress (both parties) being dog n pony shows because they were told how to vote and we demanded our representatives to actually debate and negotiate and now that they are doing exactly as they should be some want to whip them back into a dog n pony show. .. i for one, believe it will become better because of the debate and negotiation and it will pass and it will be way better than obamacare… so in the end I do believe we all will come out winners

• WeThePeople2016 says:

The Freedom Caucus is the same group that said they would not vote for Paul Ryan only to turn around and vote for Paul Ryan. Then, when asked about it, they said it had to be done. They have done this before where they say they aren’t voting for something and then turn around and vote for it. Now, they decide to go against our President, one of their own, and they are refusing to compromise in any way. Yet, they were willing to do just that in the past.

• Trumppin says:

I agree with your comment 100%, I never said we don’t have a problem with GOPe’s.. I was referring to the process only

• KitKat says:

exactly.

• PatriotKate says:

It’s called “Sausage Making” for a reason. I, for one, am happy the Freedom Caucus has taken a stand to get at the key drivers of the cost eliminated. This is the way it’s supposed to be as it will make for a better bill. I’m still reluctant to totally trust that they will actually complete the 3-step process and the only reason I do is because of President Trump.

• Regina says:

Freedom Caucus – freedom from What?

• joninmd22 says:

Well maybe he should trust President Trump a little more and the Koch Bros. and Mark Levin a little less

23. Floridagal says:

Israeli-American Jewish teen was the one who was making those threats to the Jewish Community Centers. Trump is vindicated once again:

24. sunnydaze says:

Anybody hearing about this anywhere?

25. Pam says:

I love this. Checkmate boo. LOL!

26. Pam says:

Here is the round table meeting with the truckers.

27. JoD says:

We will all sleep better tonight knowing that the Freedom Caucus is so deeply devoted to providing the peasants with a Health Care Plan that they can exempt themselves from….Again!

28. rick says:

If Cavuto puts GAS-PARINO on again ,I am going fart…

29. dilonsfo says:

Koch brothers at it again. Promise millions to GOP reps that vote against the health care bill.

30. Pam says:

31. Sandra-VA says:

Another Dem line of attack smashed:

Muh emoluments…

32. I just Love Our President! 🙂 !

33. rick says:

This is suppoesed to American healthcare,not refugee healthcare,not illegals healthcare, American Citizens Healthcare…

34. The way I see it (and who am I, right?) the longer this goes without a vote and changes are made to get votes, the deeper the establishment sinks into obscurity, including Paul Ryan, Tom Donohue, Mitch McConnell, etc. They are losing their grip.

This bill represents the establishment, and it is failing big league.

35. andi lee says:

Remember FBIs San Bernardino iphone encryption bruhaha? And, how [they] supposedly bought an Israeli “tool” to crack the encryption code on iphones? 😕

36. Chuck Finley says:

I, for one, can’t wait to see what grand bargain the Freedom Caucus will negotiate that finally drags them over the finish line….

A .0034% drop in subsidies?

Oh the anticipation is killing me!!!

37. Epic picture

38. gadge says:

What happen with Nunes today..anything new today?

39. fluffyfang says:

For a laugh:
    4Chan kids punk Shia LaBeouf AGAIN — take down his HWNDU flag in UK

40. NHVoter says:

41. wyntre says:

• Bull Durham says:

Adams nails it.
      Fake News Breaks Credibility Barrier with Maybe, Suppose and Once Upon a Time themes. Nominated for Fiction Awards in the Short Short Story category of Fairy Tales for Dopes and Dolts.

42. NHVoter says:

Huh?

43. rick says:

Trump is the only hope we have on healthcare without making it into another entitlement.

44. NJF says:

Lol. The replies are hilarious. They can’t handle losing.

45. rick says:

Did you like Cavuto’s ending…the guy belongs with OBO…

46. Pam says: