March 22nd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #62

trump-president-3

This thread will refresh daily and appear above the Open Discussion Thread.

President Trump Twitter @POTUS / Vice President Pence Twitter @VP

Sean Spicer Twitter @PressSec

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,255 Responses to March 22nd – 2017 Presidential Politics – Trump Administration Day #62

1. Lucille says:

From the White House today regarding Gorsuch:

John Elway sends letter urging Senate Judiciary Committee to confirm Judge Gorsuch.

Petition from the White House re confirming Judge Gorsuch:

• Shadrach says:

I watched most of the Gorsuch nomination hearings today. Holy cow. Hours upon hours of being grilled on the smallest details of trial law and case history. He was getting tired by the end. I would have been tired after the first hour. But good grief, they couldn’t catch him out even once. That man knows his stuff. Just nominate him already!!!!

• Ken Lawson says:

It’s because he knows his stuff that I’d guess many don’t want him. They want someone who blows with the political winds, but Gorsuch is so good that they can’t find a reason not to approve him. They’ve probably done vast and deep research into his personal life and background hoping to find something to use against him but have had no luck.

• jakegr says:

the kind of letter one might write if he was considering a run for Governor.

2. Pam says:

3. Lucille says:

Paul Joseph Watson Latest News Overview

4. Pam says:

5. Pam says:

6. Pam says:

7. Pam says:

8. Pam says:

Let me try that again.

9. freeperjim says:

10. Pam says:

11. ZZZ says:

The government needs to stay 100% out of health care.

Mind your own business – stop ripping off the Good Americans trying to survive.

Redistributing wealth via government controlled health insurance is criminal.

Repeal – and DON’T Replace.

That’s my 2 cents.

• rick says:

That’s the feeling I get from the senator that was interviewed this afternoon,from Utah I think,they are going to do nothing other than repeal.

• Ken Lawson says:

I agree with you, but if they do that the Republicans and Trump are done. The public will vote them out the first chance they get. The majority of Americans expect their entitlements. Some want more than others but they still are wanted by the majority. With an aging population of baby boomers who are the largest segment of the populace, their aging is when their healthcare costs go through the roof and most people are not able to handle the cost of healthcare on their own. So, whether we like it or not, this issue could be the issue to sink not just the GOP, but Trump, too, if it isn’t handled the way the American people want. It’s too bad they have moved so fast. The American people expected it and Trump kept saying throughout the campaign that it would move fast, but that’s not the way to do this right. I hope this doesn’t go as bad as it looks like it might. And by bad I don’t mean that it will necessarily be bad, but I do think that most Americans expect huge price drops and won’t see it or understand why it’s not possible. Then they’ll hold it against Trump.

12. Pam says:

13. Pam says:

This is the Koch brothers at work. This is disgusting.

14. Pam says:

These GOPe bozos can’t make me believe that they all of a sudden oppose this bill. This was deliberately planned.

• rick says:

I agree Pam,after listening to Mike Lee’s interview i get the same feeling.

• Or could it be that they’re hearing billy hell from their constituents?

We’ve voted for them for 4 cycles now to repeal 0bamacare. “Replacing” it has only come up since Trump.
      (I understand that the President may have a strategy here. Ryno and his cohorts will screw the president as quick as they’ll look at him.)

• Finalage says:

Trump ran on repeal and replace. I voted for Trump. Time for GOP to fall in line.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Why can’t we replace, effective in 12 months and then have 12 months to vote in the replacement? Everyone would be relived and they would have time to plan in more detail. This is an idea I heard on talk radio today

• benifranlkin says:

nah…it’s the Koch Bros deep pockets dictating to their boys and girls in the house…even AARP is telling peeps to call their Congressmen to vote no here in Philly on the radio.
        I say just vote and put everyone on the hot plate and let’s see how many vote no and who they r. that’s why they don’t want to vote as they will be revealed. The Donald is playing for all of the marbles.

15. The hearing for the Supreme Court nominee, Gorsuch is on Chanel 3 on the C-Span Radio App.
    If you have cut your cable you can still hear the words straight from the Senators and Repersenatives on the Senate and House floor and many of the committee hearings on the C-Span Radio App.
    Why let others filter your information?
    If you are interested in fake reasoning, false and trick thinking, how propaganda is used to deceive, the senate and house debate and floor speeches and and the Washington Journal morning call in show, at 7:00 AM ET, is the place you will hear every fallacy ever created.

16. Pam says:

• rick says:

There is no purer judge than this gentleman,but I’ll bet the demo’s push it to the nuclear option.

• BakoCarl says:

I just hope that the wuss who runs the senate has got the stones to use that nuclear option . . . with an entirely clear conscience since the partisan DemonRats, by closing ranks to filibuster and nix one of the most qualified (both professionally and personally) candidates ever, forced the situation.

17. ZZZ says:

Failed to knockout Gorsuch on Hobby Lobby
    March 22, 2017

Gorsuch replies:

“We looked at the law and it says ‘any person with a sincerely held religious belief is basically protected except for strict scrutiny.’ What does ‘person’ mean in that statute? Congress didn’t define the term,” said Gorsuch.

“So what does a judge do? A judge goes to the Dictionary Act … The Dictionary Act is an Act prescribed by Congress that defines terms when they aren’t otherwise defined. That’s what a good judge does.”
    “The position you’re advocating is a fine position,” Gorsuch responded. “It’s a respectable position. It’s a good position. It was adopted by precisely two justices of the Supreme Court.”

18. citizen817 says:

19. ZZZ says:

This afternoon President Trump told reporters: “I somewhat do” feel vindicated over Nunes’ recent comments regarding surveillance.

20. Katherine McCoun says:

Mitch McConnell’s wife tells Maxine Waters to Sue POTUS in response to Waters tweet about impeachment. What?!

21. ZZZ says:

CIA Official, Clare Lopez:

…co-author of the recently published book “Gülen and the Gülenist Movement: Turkey’s Islamic Supremacist Cult and its Contributions to the Civilization Jihad.”

22. Pam says:

23. Pam says:

24. citizen817 says:

• rsanchez1990 says:

You saw them building this narrative up in real time during the press briefing earlier today. Sean completely refuted the notion by pointing out that Nunes spoke to Paul Ryan and the media before even going to President Trump, but the media won’t report that.

• Mike says:

Looks to me like they have switched to total defense. Trying to protect the already tattered legacy of their magic Negro.

I think leftists should start committing suicide as a form of resistance to Trump. Show everyone how committed they to the revolution.

25. Pam says:

26. Pam says:

27. Judith Gallagher says:

Dear Mr President
    We surround you, I am praying for you daily, sometimes all day!! Feel our prayers …. we are united with you,
    WE THE PEOPLE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU AND WILL SUPPORT YOUR DRAINING OF THE SWAMP.
    Do what is right for the country, no matter where it leads… God the Father is with you. Protecting the unborn as well as the little children who are abused and murdered are counting on you because The Blessed Mother has raised you up due to your commitment to Life. Go forward with prayers wisdom and everyone that stands and surrounds you with Christ and the Blessed Mother leading the way.
    GOD BLESS YOU MR PRESIDENT
    YOU …ARE WHO WE HAVE WAITED FOR TO LEAD US…
    In Christ
    Dr Judith Gallagher

28. rsanchez1990 says:

Thank God we have President Trump who spoke out against radical Islamic terrorism in his very first speech as President.

29. WallyWorld says:

While driving home from work today I was listening to the Mark Levin Show. Rare event for me. I know he is controlled opposition and a NeverTrumper.

He said CNN is reporting that the intel intercepts included information between and about Trump family members.

And none of the transcripts that were disseminated were masked or redacted.

I bet this is what Triump was referring to when he called Obama sick

30. quintrillion says:

We Have Now Hit Full-On Crazy…by Ann Coulter 3/22/17

31. Dora says:

A little too much excitement for one day.

==

David Brock suffers heart attack

David Brock, the self-described reformed right-wing hitman who reinvented himself as a leading operative on the political left, is recovering from a heart attack he suffered early Tuesday morning, according to a statement from his chief of staff.

32. Pam says:

33. Pam says:

• Mike says:

“us-officials-info-suggests-trump-associates-may-have-coordinated-with-russians”

This could be any headline from any Fake New Org from the last three months. Do they just keep printing the same article, but change the dates?

34. Pam says:

35. Pam says:

36. Katherine McCoun says:

This article re Hillary caught my attention because of the family photo. Her mother is pretty and Hillary actually looks cute in the picture (most children are cute so not really that special of a compliment). The thing that really caught me was her dad reminded me of someone – Tim Kaine! Maybe its the eyebrows…http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4332642/Hillary-Clinton-s-Scranton-family-skeletons.html

37. Katherine McCoun says:

Article about Tillerson and his surprise at being asked to be Secretary of State and his acceptance at his wife’s encouragement.

She wagged her finger and replied: ‘I told you God’s not through with you.’
    Tillerson, who will be 65 on Thursday, added that he had expected to retire after a career spanning four decades at ExxonMobil.
    ‘I was going to go to the ranch to be with my grandkids,’ he admitted.
    ‘I serve at the pleasure of the president. My wife convinced me. She was right. I’m supposed to do this.’

38. nwtex says:

(bold= mine)

Bill observing Obama’s birthday fails to pass Illinois legislature
    March 21, 2017

(snipped)

Illinois lawmakers failed to pass a measure in the legislature that would have made former President Barack Obama’s birthday a statewide holiday, according to the Chicago Tribune.

…the Chicago Tribune said the proposal was six votes short of passing, where it would have next moved to the Illinois Senate.
    “The fourth day of August of each year shall be a legal holiday to be known as Barack Obama’s Birthday to be observed as a day on which to hold appropriate exercises in commemoration of our illustrious President. When August fourth shall fall on a Sunday, the following Monday shall be held and considered the holiday,” the text of the bill states.

The bill to honor Obama’s birthday was initially filed by Illinois Rep. Sonya Harper on January 20.

Despite its lack of support Tuesday, the bill might not be completely dead.
    According to the Chicago Tribune, should Harper find more backers, the legislature could reconsider the legislation.
    The statehouse is also looking at legislation that would honor Obama by designating I-294 the “President Barack Obama Tollway.”

39. truthandjustice says:

40. StateSovereigntyNationalUnion says:

41. Nchadwick says:

This is pretty great… What the left (media, party) is seeing as highlights in the Gorsuch confirmation hearing.. TOO FUNNY

42. Rejuvenated says:

I don’t believe this was posted earlier, but I apologize if I’m wrong. This just burned me and I can’t believe a FEDERAL court is doing this. They banned the Constitution during the Cliven Bundy case- that court needs to be shut down!

43. Fe says:

44. Mike says:

I love these kids:

45. Just Scott says:

UNBELIEVABLE! (literally)
    I put cnn.com into my browser just to see if they really had changed the headline since I saw it earlier. Somebody who can capture then post images probably should snap their home page and post it in POTUS 3/23 Daily. UN-UFO-BELIEVABLE!!! Do idiots actually buy that verbose carp?

But, I don’t want to drive any clicks to FNN, so I posted this here in obscurity…