President Trump Remarks During Friends of Ireland Luncheon…

Earlier today President Trump, Vice-President Pence, and a host of congressional politicians and diplomats participated in a luncheon to celebrate St. Patricks Day.

President Trump remarks are below.  [A video of the full event to include all speakers is below the fold]

Here’s the full event:

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Mike pence, Paul Ryan, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to President Trump Remarks During Friends of Ireland Luncheon…

1. wyntre says:

Great compilation of the Taoseach’s visit today. (Dare everyone to pronounce it!) LOL.

2. Disgusted says:

President Trump, You owe nothing to ryan in any way of recognizing him or complimenting him. He is not important to the citizens of this country. He wants to replace you. And I’m shocked to think the woman in the bright green dress seated very close to the front of this room might be pelosi. Why is she in such a prominent position? She is so dreadful. Once again she was recorded at a press conference today wearing a bright green dress, speaking disparagingly about you! A weird old hypocrite should not be honored in this way. Get her outa here and keep her coat!

• wheatietoo says:

Bright green dress?
      Mrs. Pence was wearing a bright green dress…maybe that’s who you saw?
      Similar hair, viewing it from behind.

• justfactsplz says:

That was Pelosi. I could tell by the side view of her face when she turned her head. Mrs. Pence’s hair is darker and much prettier. Nancy has a bald spot in the back of her head, lol. Mrs. Pence does not.

3. White people march? Dat’s raycis!

• free2313 says:

There are the black Irish also, don’t you know……

• free2313 says:

Black Irish is an ambiguous term sometimes used (mainly outside Ireland) as a reference to a dark-haired phenotype appearing in people of Irish origin.

• Black Irish = Dark brown, almost black hair, blue eyes and very white skin. Half my family is such. The res are red or blond with blue or green eyes. One or two have blond hair and brown eyes. 🙂

• Fe says:

I’ve been asked if I was Irish due to my dark hair and very fair complexion. Yes, there is quite a bit of Irish in my ancestry.

My mom 👵🏻 has been to Ireland twice in the past 10 years…maybe less. The second time was 4 yrs ago, and even though it about killed her she went up those steps and laid down to kiss the Blarney Stone at the age of 72. 💋💚🍀

• harrietht3 says:

The Scots also have that coloring among their countrymen, almost black hair and very white skin. I’m not 100% positive, but I think it originates from the celts, who when the Romans invaded Britain in 55 AD drove the celts west and north; or rather, the celts escaped to the west, Wales, and north, Scotland. We know that in the north, the Irish and Scots (Picts) migrated back and forth.

My Irish and Scottish coloring is of the light brown hair, freckles, and blue-eyed variety.
            The Irish Brookes and Scottish Beales feature prominently in my ancestry. FWIW 🍀

• The Fighting Man says:

The ultra pale skin, dark hair, and light to light/mixed eyes is indicative of the Atlantic coastal natives. As I understand it, the Irish (and Highlanders who are just Dalriads from Ulster), Welsh, Western French, Spanish, and Portuguese are all pretty much the same genetically.

• Wayne Robinson says:

When sir Francis Drake sang Spanish Armada some Spaniards swam ashore . These Spanish music ngling with the Irish is where the ” black Irish ” originated . Do you doubt this ? Maybe it was Jewel Drake , past president of Ironworkers union , but surely some guy named Drake I believe

4. SharonKinDC says:

Have to say, this is the most relaxed I’ve seen Paul Ryan.

5. Pam says:

6. SharonKinDC says:

Wow. The Taioseach really was pushing the open borders thing. Meanwhile, in Ireland, at St Gabriel’s hospital, they took off the ‘Saint’ part…

• wyntre says:

😦

• Fe says:

I had to watch and he was indeed pushing the open borders. Bah humbug. Why have countries? Borders were ordained by God. The Taioseach can keep his open borders and his coat too. #buildthewall.

PS…note to Paul Ryan from PDJT, “we’re building the wall Paul”.

• harrietht3 says:

Yes: nations were ordained by God; you are quite right about that😊.
        “Go and make disciples of all nations.” Part of the Great Commission in Matthew 28.
        And Romans 1:5 ” through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations.”

And many places elsewhere does God through his Word speak of the “nations.”

• The” nations” in the days of the Bible were tribes of people. Rome, Persia, Assyria, Egypt and Greece, etc., were empires, not nations. As empires, they conquered tribes (nations).

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God had a map that he drew lines on, nor that he had anything to do with the constantly changing lines of modern times, which started sometime around 1600.

Tribal territories were often identified with physical landmarks: mountain ranges, rivers, oceans.

• The Fighting Man says:

England started a h3!! of a long time before 1600. So did Ireland, for that matter. There has been a Frisia since Roman times. Germania? Same. Nations made of tribes.

7. Edna Kenny is a stinker. He’s in favor of Ireland minus it’s language and religion. He’s an European Union type pol.

8. I’ve always preferred the native Irish pipes, the uilleann pipes. Played to perfection here by Liam O’Flynn.

• L Gonzalez says:

Thank you for this moment of joy!

• Mickey Wasp says:

Great Irish Warpipes … recorded in a poem by Seán Ó Neachtain (c. 1650-1728), in which the bagpipes are referred to as píb mhór. The first reference to bagpipes being played in war is found in a manuscript written between 1484 and 1487 containing an Irish Gaelic version of “Fierabras”: the quote “sinnter adharca & píba agaibh do tionól bur sluaigh” translates as “let horns and pipes be played by you to gather your host”.

9. wheatietoo says:

Ireland has been luring Corporations there by lowering it’s Corporate Tax Rate.
    It is 20%…but then offers lower rates of 12.5% and 6.5% with qualifying ‘activities’ within Ireland.

A lot of big corps have moved their ‘headquarters’ there, in order to enjoy Ireland’s low tax rate.
    Including Google, I think.

If Paul Ryan is sooo enamored with Ireland…then we should ask him “Why don’t we lower our Corp Tax Rate like Ireland has done?”

• Let’s implement Irish corporate tax rates here and repatriate Ryan back to the old sod where he can explore his roots. A win-win.

• The Fighting Man says:

A pigeon has more sense than that twit Ryan. Don’t harm our friends in Ireland by sending that dweeb over there. Just send him to man the border with the Border Patrol for a couple of years. He’ll learn respect for this country and, just maybe, he’ll learn to be a man in the process.

• Both my parents emigrated from Ireland. I’ve spent a big chunk of my summers there from 1964 to present. I’ve reams of uncles, aunts, cousins living there and unfortunately they’ve shown little willingness to oppose the Moslem refugee invasion or the globalist machinations of the EU. They deserve Lyin Ryan.

10. Pam says:

11. Suite D says:

“And would ya be likin’ fruit, Mrs. O’Shay?”

“Well, yes I would Mrs. O’Neill”

“Well then, bite me ass. Your husband says it’s a peach.”

• Mickey Wasp says:

A sobbing Mrs. O’Nell approaches Fr O’Grady after mass the next day.

“So what’s bothering you?”

“Oh, Father, I’ve terrible news. My husband passed away last night.”

“Oh, that’s terrible. Did he have any last requests?”

“Certainly father,” she replied. “He said: “Please, put down that damn gun.”

12. Lucille says:

When someone would comment on our family name with something like, “Oh, you’re Irish,” my father would always say, “No. I’m an American.”

13. Beenthere says:

PM Kenny is a good orator but he should have kept his implied ideas about American immigration to himself. It’s obvious he doesn’t understand the problems illegal immigrants are bringing to this country & how much harm they are causing to the American people.

14. And what was the estimable Mr. Kenny saying about borders between Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland? Guess he hasn’t been up North for a while. I was there last year, and believe me, I knew when our bus was crossing the border!

Yes, they are freaking out about Brexit, but P.M. T. May will get them all sorted out.

And in conclusion, let me say, as an Irish Jew – both American Irishmen and American Jews have the MOST ill-chosen political ideas in the world. All hail to the Americans of Dutch, English, German, and Mexican heritage who have brought peace and stability to what could have been 50 different countries. [P.S. I’m sure I’ve left out some, but you get the picture.]

15. RevBroGenerikBroderick says:

Hate to be ‘that guy’ but the US flag ought to have been a bit higher than the other.