OMB Nominee Mick Mulvaney Confirmation Hearing – Live Stream….

President Trump nominee for OMB Director Mick “Cantalopes” Mulvaney Senate Confirmation hearing – Ongoing:

The Office of Management and Budgets is a key role for any administration. Mulvaney represents Paul Ryan’s favorite nominee.  Previous discussion on Mulvaney below:

mick-mulvaney-3mick-mulvaney-and-paul-ryan

For the past six weeks I have been staring at an index card stuck in the middle of our research white board which simply states: “Why Mulvaney?”  It’s been nagging at me, because choosing Mick “Cantalopes” Mulvaney for OMB director just didn’t make sense.

Then a friendly cow walked up and licked me square on the face.

My friendly bovine asked three questions:

♦ 1.) “What makes you think President Donald Trump wasn’t aware of the Mulvaney housekeeper issue“?   ♦ 2.) “Remember how candidate Trump shot the arrow into the Achilles heel of Bush and Rubio’s Wall Street alignment“? and ♦ 3.) “Isn’t Paul Ryan quite literally, and similarly, attached to the Mulvaney pick”?

After an ah-ha moment I grinningly wiped the slobber from my noggin, and I must now apologize for my one-dimensional-chess, shallow thoughtlessness and previously expressed position.

While it is prudent to hide the smile and wait for the predictably toxic OMB confirmation hearing.  In the interest of belaying concern, we might point out the Dem side of the confirmation hearing is not accidentally being led -quite loudly- by Senator Chuck Schumer who would like nothing more than to have a notch on his partisan anti-confirmation belt.

Chuck Schumer close upThe Senate minority leader needs a win.

Schumer being a New Yorker n’ all – nudge-nudge, wink-wink,.. say no more, say-no-more.

Oh, how the media would gleefully play up such a defeat, and how President Trump would be protesting the loss, almost pearl-clutchy if done just right.  The optics of political opposition toward other cabinet appointments necessarily decreases; the dems already carrying a scalp to prove their oppositional bona-fides.

Additionally, considering all the angles, the first Trump budget is due by constitutional requirement to congress by March 31st.  The media never held Obama accountable for this deadline, and he missed it in six of the eight years in office.  Not a single Obama budget ever passed congress even though Dems controlled the House and Senate for two of those proposals.

Heck, after year #5 in office the media quit even mentioning the absence of an Obama budget, and worse yet the last two fiscal years Obama never even presented a proposal that mattered.  Boehner, then Ryan, went along with CR’s, totally eliminated the debt ceiling and passed record setting Omnibus bills.

However, we can easily predict EPIC media protestations if a Trump budget doesn’t meet the legal deadline for submission; and we can only imagine how the media will SCREAM about Trump not having one.

GOP primary 2♦ Phase Two – Walking out the play…. brings the OMB Director (Mulvaney or other), and the Paul Ryan budget approval process, immediately into play.  If Ryan doesn’t get the Trump budget from fellow consort Mulvaney’s architecture, Ryan’s going to get it from a lesser ideological aligned, non GOPe, OMB director.   Interesting paradox.

♦ Phase Three – Most predictably meaning a Trump budget proposal more likely at loggerheads with what Ryan would prefer.  Where “loggerheads” is most likely defined as President Trump not spending enough on the stuff which will make Ryan’s Wall Street UniParty lobbyists happy etc.

♦ Phase Four – The above back-and-forth leads to a potential continuing resolution, or impasse of sorts.  Which could ultimately mean Trump is in the same non-budget position as Obama, at least in the short-term.

In that “short-term” the president gets to prioritize what aspects of government are funded…. Oh, hurt me.  Please don’t throw me in the Briar Patch, please.

see where this is headed?

Tell me where President Trump loses in all of the assembled variables?

Either Mulvaney is confirmed albeit usefully damaged goods, and as OMB Director complies with Trump’s construction priority, setting up friction with Ryan…. which ends with Trump in control of spending prioritization anyway….. Or, Mulvaney doesn’t pass confirmation, Schumer is happy, and by direct extension Mulvaney’s primary advocate, Paul Ryan, is usefully wounded in the process…. which ends with Trump in control of spending prioritization.

trump-drain-the-swamp-2

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, Election 2017, media bias, Paul Ryan, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

88 Responses to OMB Nominee Mick Mulvaney Confirmation Hearing – Live Stream….

1. researchermo says:

Shouldn’t that first line read “President Trump nominee”???

2. Mick is a good guy and never backed the gang of 8 immigration legislation. His concern was for the peach farmers not being able to find the help they needed during peach season. American’s won’t do the work and not just in the Aig field. My husband’s contractors have had the same problem for years, because we raised a bunch of wimpy youngsters… that and our Education System. Know one knows how to do anything anymore. Not all but many. We don’t always agree with Mick on all issues, and he hears from us, but some of the things on this website are just not true about Mick. Mick will make a great Director of the OMB.

• sundance says:

….”Mick is a good guy and never backed the gang of 8 immigration legislation”…

Patently, provably and demonstrably FALSE ! Go sell your crazy BS someplace else.

• gary says:

WoW
        Nice video Sundance, right to the point , and crushed the other guys argument into the ground.
        Hopefully the Trump Team hires you for research or media manager or some other job where Trump can use your Wisdom and Chess playing politcial skills to good purpose, for our country.

• All American Snowflake says:

So Libertarians are absurd, outrageous, and stupid according to Mulvaney? The majority of Libertarians voted for Trump.

• Marc says:

No, no, no. He was calling the representative that made the comment about cantaloupe calves on illegals absurd. Mulvaney wants to pander to groups to get votes instead of have an real conservative/pro America principles. He’s more worried about tone and having the black or hispanic caucuses mocking him than keeping illegals out of the country.

In reality, he was insulting almost every person in that room.

• Marc says:

What an ass. Mulvaney sounds like a JEB! CONservative that doesn’t give a damn about the country, just winning elections. But, in truth, we know they do these things to please Wall Street and K Street. Hopefully, Mulvaney is the one whose head meets the chopping block and lets Schumer “feel like he’s in charge”.

• DeplorableHoosierFriend? says:

Sundance, while I am not a significant commenter I have followed TCT for more than a year. You are an amazing talent and I thank God that He put you here for this time. I am certain that He is smiling for your well done work. I know I am.

Your Friend,
        Hoosier

• rsanchez1990 says:

Thanks sundance. I finally get the cantalopes, ha!

Hey Mick, what’s wrong with cantalopes? Not to toot my own horn, but as someone with pretty nice calves, I’d be flattered if someone compared them to cantalopes!

After seeing that video, I see where you’re coming from sundance. Now, Secretary of State was too important a position to fool around with, so Trump was content with just dragging Mittens’s name through the mud by dangling him out there as a possibility. Congress clearly hasn’t taken the budget seriously in years, though, so of course OMB would be a good position for Trump to use to throw Mulvaney to the wolves and let Schumer hang his hide on his wall.

We should arrange to get Mick some cantalopes for a care package, for when his career crashes and burns.

• gamecock123 says:

I know, I know it’s Mark Levine. But this was before, Mark nailed him. Mulvaney betrayed his constituents.

• yakmaster2 says:

What a shameless RHINO panderer—pandering to Hispanics by ignoring illegal immigration and selling a fallacy to constituents. The GOPe’s narrative “we can’t win elections without kowtowing to illegals” has been de-bunked by Trump’s election.
        SD, how will Mulvaney be damaged if he manages to be confirmed? Do you mean in the consciousness of the electorate?

• ZurichMike says:

In this clip, there is nothing about amnesty! Mulvaney is rightfully upset at the vulgar characterization of Hispanics by Rep. Steve King. Mulvaney talks broadly of engaging “Big Tent” voters: Hispanics, blacks, gays.

• repsort says:

Paula Daly – “American’s won’t do the work and not just in the Aig field. My husband’s contractors have had the same problem for years, because we raised a bunch of wimpy youngsters…”

BULL F@#$ING S#%T
      Finish the sentence… Why don’t you EVER finish the F’ING sentence???!!!! I’ll tell you why, because you’re not making an honest argument.

American’s won’t do the work AT THOSE SLAVE LABOR WAGES… which is to say, American’s won’t do that work for the piss-poor wages the illegals accept for doing that work..

We’ll do it for an appropriate wage. What wage? I dunno, you have to let the market decide that. A market WITHOUT a deluge of cheap-ass slave labor.

• teajr says:

“American’s won’t do the work and not just in the Aig field. ”
      Why should they, with an over the top reservation wage in the form of social services? It’s an easy fix, turn the tap off (welfare keeping Citizens lazy and dependant) – (stop the flow from the undeveloped world) and drive traffic of Citizens to the employment lines.

You actually want me to believe that you can’t understand this scenario, or are you just that dependant on the gov tit, albeit indirectly? Your way of thinking is just part of the problem, not the solution…. Let’s get together and solve our Countrys probs, not add to them.

• law4lifeblog says:

That’s crap, Paula….there are plenty of H2B visas….getting farm workers doesn’t require amnesty, which is what Mulvaney has pimped…anybody will do anything at the right WAGE. .Why come to CTH and flat out lie?

• rsanchez1990 says:

The peach farmers and you husband’s contractors will find workers, if the price is right. In a healthy labor market, if you can’t find anyone, raise your wages until your offer becomes attractive to someone. The farmers will need to start doing this once the glut of cheap labor dries up when the illegals go back to their countries.

• Everybody is looking at wages here. How many commenters have picked anything in a field? I have… for a few hours, then I just couldn’t take it any more – too hard. Back hurt. Hands dirty and sticky with fruit juices, arms/wrists scratched with thorns or branches.

Exhausted from walking back and forth from where you are to where the produce is being collected, carrying heavy containers full of the produce you picked or cut. I was young and, I thought, strong, but I couldn’t do the work for more than half a day. Farmers and vineyard owners tell me with is common with Caucasian ag workers.

Furthermore, laws need to be changed to allow kids to pick and cut – they love it and get used to it. Skilled ag labor like running some of the complex harvesting and planting and spraying, does get higher wages. Loyal, skilled, trustworthy workers get even more pay, plus non-cash benefits – the farmers look after them.

Problem for our farmers – worker pay is so high, the kids in the families can afford to get more education and they don’t come back to the fields. So, there is a constant search for skilled, loyal and trustworthy workers. Farmers in Oregon ALL use e-verify, but they are not allowed to question any ID that is presented to them. Yeah, crazy, I know.

When wages do go up, due, for example, to union efforts, mechanization comes in to only the biggest and richest farmers’ fields. No work for crop workers any more. No workers for smaller, poorer farmers who turn to grains, animal feed and other easy crops.

Many of the fruits and vegetables we buy now come from south of the border. The salt of the earth, the backbone of America, the number of family farmers is shrinking every year. Is this what you want? I won’t even bring up the politically fraught term Food Security!

• rsanchez1990 says:

It’s not a job for everyone, for sure. Doesn’t mean there are no Americans (there are Americans who are not Caucasians too) who won’t do the work. Yes, wages will go up but not from isolated events like union negotiations, but from market-wide forces resulting from the elimination of artificially cheap labor, artificial because the wages in the farming labor market reacted to policies allowing illegal immigrants to work. If Oregon farmers were allowed to question e-verify IDs, wages would go up too because of the reduced labor supply. I don’t buy the arguments that farmers can’t find any Americans who can do the work. Everybody is talking about wages because that is what it boils down to. If the illegals go, the next thing farmers will push for is to allow kids to pick, not because kids love it, but because kids would also be cheap labor.

Sending the cheap labor south of the border doesn’t necessarily mean the food will follow. Food imports can be negotiated in trade deals too.

3. waltherppk says:

Office of Mo Better

4. Southern Son says:

I swear Sundance…I sometimes regret using Ga. slang here, for the risk of exposing my Clyattville Edukation.
    But “wipe the slobber from my noggin'”, kraxz
    me up!!

5. NHVoter says:

• Somewhere in Dixie says:

if this traitor is deeply concerned, it is a good pick. The more I watch these hearings, the more I think that 80% of congress belongs behind bars.

• Athena the Warrior says:

Wait, is this is the same Senator McCain who’s AZ VA is the worst in the country and hasn’t gotten better even after being exposed? Hahaha shut up shadow Prez Johnny.

• Fe says:

rolls eyes Even for McCain that was a stupid comment to make.

• KBR says:

Oh, the very President the Military supported in such numbers? The one who gave them Secretary Mattis? The one who stood up for the military from day one in his campaign?

And “Songbird” says “lack of support for our military?”

• webgirlpdx says:

KBR: I had the most fascinating conversation with a 30 year Navy guy, former Seal and had a lot of things to say about Benghazi. When I asked him what does he think about his new Commander In Chief, he was guarded for a second (until he could read me) and then we both expressed alot of joy — and he confidence. He’s very excited and in parting we also agreed it is going to be long and painful for –>Her. Karma.

• inspiredbytrump says:

😂😂😂! NH Voter thanks for posting that! Best laugh I had since Nov 8th and I have been laughing a great deal. McCain is delusional!

6. NHVoter says:

Interesting theory…

If Mulvaney doesn’t get confirmed, any ideas on who Trump would pick next?

7. aur1640 says:

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. In the final analysis, Trump wins on both accounts. I haven’t gotten to point of saying, “Oh Mr. President, we are winning so much I can’t stand it anymore!!” I want more dag nabbit!! 👍😎😛

8. quintrillion says:

McCaskill is insufferable. Please vote her out.

9. darcy says:

Oh my goodness: I just watched McCaskill’s questioning — and I am compelled to ask: What kind of an ignoramus would vote for this harridan?
    Her state’s people should hang their collective heads in shame — just as we do here in Arizona for permitting the nefarious twosome McCain and Flake to represent us!
    It’s disgusting beyond words.

10. NHVoter says:

Sen Merkley is asking the OMB nominee about inauguration crowd size. How completely idiotic.

• snailmailtrucker says:

Democrats: Office of Management and Budgets…..WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ?

• snailmailtrucker says:

He’s My Senator… Completely Full of-Shit 100% of the time…just like every other politician in this Useless state !

• I saw a clip of that ridiculous episode. Unfortunately the Trump communications team failed to push back effectively on this crowd issue so it still has legs.

The other night on the open thread I posted a screen cap from the CBS broadcasts showing sparse crowds on the Mall. The time-stamp on the CBS broadcast was 8:20AM!!

Clearly the picture was not taken at 11:59 AM as claimed by ABC. The New York Times used a screen grab from the CBS broadcast but it cropped out the Time-stamp.

I suggested that the Trump team should demand a public apology from ABC and the New York Times since they obviously manipulated their coverage in an effort to make Trump look bad. It doesn’t look like this is going to happen. I wonder if the Trump team is even aware that the infamous picture of the Mall was broadcast at 8:20AM in the morning? Instead of conceding that the 2009 crowd was larger I wish Mulvaney would have asked Merkley “what times were the pictures taken”?

• webgirlpdx says:

NHV: Merkley isn’t as ugly as Wyden, but he is equally as stupid.

Wasn’t that a clever gotcha?

He should have asked Merkley if Nordstrom and Nike Town have taken down their boarded up windows in downtown Portland yet from the protests. It would be about as relevant to this hearing.

11. dot48 says:

Dems are showboating All of this will bear fruitation next year mid terms Working people see Trump busting his ass and these snowflakes doing nothing but FIGHTING

12. MIKE says:

” the senate minority leader needs a win…”
    yeah, so he can wield it like Pelosi waved that giant novelty gavel around.
    Too much emphasis on trophies these days…

13. NHVoter says:

Wow

14. NHVoter says:

15. freepetta says:

Who wants an Obama nominee? I would assume President Trump would want his own nominee who would be in line with his budgetary needs.

16. gary says:

The MSM doesn’t stand a chance , NOW!
    Trump will roast them and butter them, and show the world how FAKE CNN and Washington post, NYT, and other garbage media is.

Trump is putting a Big Picture of the crowd in upper and lower floors of Press Room tomorrow. Should be fun.

I’m sure Trump will ask the FBI, Justice , and other depts to investigate media manipulation and if other countries are directing how MSM covers the stories. The public wants to see the TRUTH, so , post the TRUTH and show the lies of the MSM.
    Go Trump Go!

• justfactsplz says:

Oh boy, more winning! I can’t wait to see those pictures. And don’t forget True The Vote is still working on the votes state by state.

17. Pam says:

18. Pam says:

19. Sol T. Knutts says:

Drain the swamp, my nigga!!