Saturday December 24th – Open Thread

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen โ€

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

207 Responses to Saturday December 24th – Open Thread

1. Patriot1783 says:

For those with lil ones check out this site to track Santa tonight…it’s how I got our children to bed for many years on Christmas Eve ๐ŸŽ…
    Merry Christmas!!

2. skeinster says:

A last carol for Advent:

A blessed Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all Treepers!
    Thanks for your companionship this year, and looking forward to 2017.

3. BakoCarl says:

The Shepherd on Watch

Late at night in the fields,
    Most shepherds were asleep,
    But one stood lonely watch,
    Protecting all the sheep.

He had no idea
    What the long night might bring,
    But he would be ready
    With his staff and his sling.

The dark night wears on slow,
    Familiar noises abound;
    Then, suddenly quiet,
    Not even a sound.

There! A soft low glow,
    Growing quickly to light.
    An angel of the Lord
    Appeared into his sight,

Cloaked in Godโ€™s glory,
    Lighting up far and near.
    The shepherd, sore afraid,
    Trembled with intense fear.

โ€œFear not. I bring tidings
    Of great joy to all here.
    Your Savior has been born.
    Your Messiah is near.

In the city of David,
    This shall be a sign:
    Wrapped in swaddling clothes,
    And in a manger He lies.

A huge host of angels
    Appeared saying then:
    โ€œGlory to God in the highest.
    Peace, good will toward men.โ€

The shepherds went to see
    And found the Christ child,
    Told Mary of the angels:
    She pondered and smiled.

The shepherds all returned
    To the sheep and the fields,
    Giving their praises to God
    For what the angels revealed.

Back on watch over the sheep,
    The shepherd marveled in awe
    Over all that he heard
    And all that he saw.

The shepherd didnโ€™t know
    The baby, to our chagrin,
    Would die on a cross
    To atone for our sins.

But that is what happened,
    Jesus died on that tree
    For our old, sinful lives,
    To set us all free.

Godโ€™s love, grace and mercy
    Gave us His only Son,
    And if we would believe,
    Then our victory is won.

With our mouths we declare,
    With our hearts we believe,
    God raised Him from the dead
    And so saved you and me.

If we only trust Jesus
    To cover all our sin,
    Heโ€™ll open the door and
    Weโ€™ll begin life in Him.

And no eye has seen,
    And no ear has heard,
    And no mind conceived
    What God has prepared
    For those who believe.

• M. Mueller says:

Bako, your very best! At 4:00 tonight we start our birthday party for that Jewish baby that rocked the world, time, eternity, heaven and hell – what an awesome, unimaginable event!

I’m printing your poem and giving it to the children when I arrive. They can practice it and read it to all before any gifts get opened. I think it will become a family tradition.

Thank you so much for writing it.

• auscitizenmom says:

Wonderful, Bako! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Timmy-the-Ute says:

Merry Catmas!

5. Janie M. says:

Merry Caturday, Treepers โค What a handsome boy! Hope Santa is good to all of you!

6. Dora says:

7. georgiafl says:

For Midnight tonight:

8. georgiafl says:

Alison Krauss rode all night on a bus to record an album with YoYo Ma – they got this one on the first try!

Wexford Carol

• Janie M. says:

georgiafl, Spectacular! Alison has one of the purest voices I have ever heard. This song is a prime example (although there are many) of her vocal skills. Among my favorite Alison songs is “Ghost In This House. It is haunting, no pun intended.

• andeclain says:

Like x1,000. Truly beautiful and moving.

• Keln says:

I’ve been in love with Allison Krauss since I was 12.

• georgiafl says:

Here she is – singing you a lullaby with YoYo Ma again:

Slumber My Darling

• Keln says:

I do love this particular song.

Ugh…I just am so in love with her. My wife is so jealous of her lol.

But then my wife’s celeb crush is Vin Diesel, so whatever lol.

I think I got better taste ๐Ÿ˜€

Also…I have an opportunity to meet Miss Krauss upcoming. I am very excited! ๐Ÿ˜€

I hope my banjo/singing skills can get her attention. She is just so special in the world of music. There is really no comparison with anyone else when it comes to her musical ability. A gift from God she has, and the shame is that so few people know about it. I’ve not met anyone that, once exposed to her music, didn’t love it.

Most of us sing and make noise. She sings her soul.

• georgiafl says:

YoYo Ma is an interesting character – likes country/folk music like Stephen Foster and other American music. Was he born here?

You have a wonderful voice and need to make more recordings for us CTH Keln fans!

• Keln says:

Nah, my recording days are pretty much done. I just share what I’ve done years ago (my last actual recording was exactly one year ago today).

Yo Yo Ma is from China, not here. But the man has an obvious love for music. I have a special place in my heart for lovers of music, that overlooks whatever political ideologies such people might hold. Because music is closer to reality than speech.

Chinese music is actually quite interesting, because the folk music of their northern provinces are really close to American bluegrass…and were a thousand years before American Bluegrass.

China is one of the most interesting places to study in the field of sociology. So much to delve into.

9. Lucille says:

As we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, let us remember our brothers and sisters in harm’s way around the world and include them in our prayers. This is but one example:

Palestinians: The Nightmare of Christians
    by Khaled Abu Toameh – December 24, 2016

May their Christmas be blessed with physical as well as mental and spiritual freedom.

10. smiley says:

Twas The Night Before Christmas

oil/canvas

1925

N.C. Wyeth

๐Ÿ™‚

11. andeclain says:

May I wish all my fellow Treepers/deplorables a happy and holy Christmas. It’s been such a roller coaster of a year that I am grateful for a day when we can just celebrate the birth of our Saviour with services and food and community and prayer, but, in all seriousness, I doubt if I’ll get through tomorrow without some politics chat and making comments about the 20th of January. I thank you all for being the people that you are. Prayer works in strange ways. When I was 15 I won a Math prize at school and asked for a Che Guevara book as my prize. Now I’m 60, I’m very grateful when people press the “like” button on my comments on CTH and I thank the Lord. Thanks Sundance for setting up this bastion of sanity! The Lord works in strange ways his wonders to perform. We’re all sinners, but some of us have travelled different ways to realise that. I thought that the concept of “virtual communities” was nonsense and impossible. Now I’m in one. I’ve prayed all my life and I end up reading a blog that opens with THE prayer and then gets a prayer in the evening and I pray with the other posters. The World is not that bad a place and the Word of the Lord is going forth.

Nollaig shona dhuit!

12. Kaco says:

Merry Christmas to all here, posting or lurking. I’ve gone back to lurking, I don’t know as much of the inside stories on issues as much as all of you, especially Sundance, so I’ve been mostly reading lately. The postings have been valuable in getting real scoop in light of our MSM. Thank you to all who post here!

Merry Christmas!

13. Dora says:

14. julegate says:

Urgent prayer request from Christains in Iraq. City with large Christain city over taken by ISIS. Reports of beheadings and killings. Here is CNN report:

Thank you.

15. Keln says:

I can’t not share some music with you guys tonight since it is Christmas Eve, so here are some Christmas songs I did.

Holly Jolly Christmas

Beutiful Star of Bethlehem

Let It Snow

What Child Is This?

Home For The Holidays

16. skyborn78 says:

Question: Should Donald not have Sessions prosecute Hillary to help unify the country (read; appease snowflakes) or should he put her behind bars as no one is above the law?

• BigMamaTEA says:

Prosecute, confiscate ill-gotten gains (in fines) and hang for Treason.

• skyborn78 says:

Thanks for the reply. I was curious what Treepers think about this. Prosecution will futher enrage the snowflakes, but it appears they are prepared to stay that way anyhow.

• BigMamaTEA says:

skyborn, it’s about Rule of Law. The only way we succeed with “self-rule” is if we have Rule of Law, with the majority of the People agreeing to follow-enforce Rule of Law.

• skyborn78 says:

Agree. It’s sad but these young people we call snowflaks were raised by parents that never taught them that law breaking (disobeying parents and getting away with it) is not going to work in the world they are inheriting. Thats why the US has a large and growing prison population.

• nightmare on k st says:

the investigation is in the hands of the NY US Attorney ” we got this”

as AllState says, ” you’re in good hands”

17. F.D.R. in Hell says:

18. auscitizenmom says:

lilbirdee12โ€™s prayer:

Please place Your Guardian Angels of Protection around Donald Trump and Mike Pence as they seek to lead America back to You.

Grant us patience, Lord, as the evil ones try to anger us and cause us to fall.
    Spread blessings over Israel and Netanyahu.

We humbly ask that You please comfort those who are grieving and in pain.
    Thank you Father, for Your Love and the gift of Life.

In Jesus name, we pray. Amen

19. nwtex says:

Well, boo! I posted this a few hours ago but on Fridays open thread, duh! I, now, see it was the last on that thread soooo I bring it here.