Oh, The Horror – GOPe Republicans Fear Feedback From Trump’s Coalition…

A rather funny article today in Politico outlines a fear of Trump’s coalition amid congressional republicans.

trump-posse

The article is sympathetic to the GOPe wing of the DC UniParty from a perspective of those nasty Trumpers, ie. “the posse“; and includes South Carolina Rep Mark Sanford as a testimonial of their fear:

[…]  “Nobody wants to go first,” said Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.), who received nasty phone calls, letters and tweets after he penned an August op-ed in The New York Times, calling on Trump to release his tax returns. “People are naturally reticent to be the first out of the block for fear of Sean Hannity, for fear of Breitbart, for fear of local folks.”

O.M.G…  The Horror!   Can you possibly imagine the audacity of the voters to actually express an opinion toward the professional political class?  Just who do these plebes think they are?

trump smile 3[…]  The Republican officeholders see Trump’s unabashed use of his Twitter account to shame critics as the most foreboding threat. During campaign season, he regularly took shots at adversaries, including Marco Rubio (“Little Marco”), Ted Cruz (“Lyin’ Ted,”) and Speaker Paul Ryan (a “very weak and ineffective leader”).

Trump hasn’t gone after any lawmakers on Twitter since the election, but some worry it’s just a matter of time. Eventually, some Republican will feel compelled to challenge his trillion-dollar infrastructure plan, or slap companies that move jobs overseas with massive tariffs. And that’s when things will get ugly, insiders predict. (read more)

Note to GOPe:

conservative quote 2.0trump-rally-florida-1

They are scared of us.

Good.

More Winning !

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

307 Responses to Oh, The Horror – GOPe Republicans Fear Feedback From Trump’s Coalition…

1. Honest Abbey says:

In just a matter of a few hours, here is some of the HATE that was being spewed on CNN today:

Jake Tapper said Boeing denies ever quoting a figure of 4.2 Billion, so where did Trump get that figure from? Did he just make it up? Why is Trump acting as if he made a great deal when the cost was never as high as he claimed?

David Gergen was ripping on Donald Trump for tweeting. He said it’s not very professional and Trump should be above that. Gergen predicts no future president will resort to Twitter as a means of communication.

Rebecca Berg [Real Clear Politics Reporter and CNN Political Contributor] may very well find herself in some deep trouble for the slanderous remarks she made on CNN today.

They were slamming Trump about the daily security briefings and this Rebecca girl actually said “We know from talking to Trump advisors in the past that he doesn’t have a long attention span, and this may be why he chooses to ignore taking the briefings. Let’s just hope that he gives these briefings the seriousness that they deserve”.

Really?!? Who the hell does this girl think she is? First of all, she looks like she is barely out of school and probably just landed her first job, but she is going to analyze PE Trump and criticize his work ethics by implying that he has some kind of mental defect?
    And nobody on the panel fact checked her by asking exactly WHO told her such incriminating nonsense.

If, in fact, one of Trump’s advisors ever told a reporter that the future president of the United States doesn’t have a “long attention span” don’t you think that it would have been Breaking News?

I hope this girl finds herself on the losing end of a YUGE lawsuit!

These people are PURE EVIL!

• MTeresa says:

Honestly, MSM, CNN in particular…………..I mean really, can one even take them seriously anymore? They just make crap up.

• WeThePeople2016 says:

Why are you putting yourself through the torture of watching CNN? In our house, it is banned along with MSNBC.

• doit4atlas says:

Same here…if people stopped watching “just to see what the other side is saying” these friggin “news” organizations might be out of business! STOP GIVING THEM RATINGS!!

• Honest Abbey says:

If I didn’t watch these networks, I would NEVER believe just how screwed up this country is.

And I live in Minnesota where I am tripping over liberals. I like to shut them down with facts. As soon as I hear someone repeat something that was said on CNN, MSNBC or even on Fox News, I automatically know it’s bogus.

I don’t know, maybe I’m the one with a mental defect?!?

• doit4atlas says:

Let sites like Gateway Pundit, Breitbart, and of course, Conservative Treehouse do the heavy lifting for you. Again, you KNOW what they are thinking! You even know what FNC is thinking too. Go ahead, list the pundits…you know EXACTLY where they stand at this point.

You see, CNN uses YOU for ratings, without you, and millions like you, they die. And you already know how screwed up the country is, just watch TV and movies and listen to today’s popular music.

Stop giving them ratings…you ain’t missin’ a thing! I haven’t watched them in years and I’m as well informed a guy as you’ll ever meet.

• bill says:

me too,, stopped watching them years ago and enjoy the break every day. only watch old black and white movies that didn’t have as much agenda.

• Patriot Lady says:

I wish there was a way we could boycott all their sponsors!!

• PatriotKate says:

In the sales world they are called Drivers. Big picture people, although adept at detail if necessary. Don’t bore them with b.s. because they don’t have time for it. My late husband was this type. They often come off as brusque and intimidating because they want you to get to the point.

Real world funny story: When I started in sales more than 25 years ago, I actually took my husband with me on a sales call (industrial arena and his world also). Prospect was a Driver, but I was a newbie and hadn’t figured out how to sell different personality types yet. Prospect asked a question and I launched into a detailed spiel. When I was done, my husband looked at me and said, “he asked you what time it was and you told him how the watch was built.” We all had a good laugh at my expense and I learned a valuable lesson.

Those complaining just don’t get it. Expectations were set so low for his success that, when he’s done fixing our mess, he’ll go down in history as one of our greatest Presidents. We’ll of course say we knew it all along.

• jackphatz says:

From FOX News website.

Trump called on the government to cancel the contract and called the supposed $4 billion price tag out of control.

Boeing’s Dennis Muilenburg, who met with Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla., addressed the media after the meeting and said, “We’re going to get it done for less than that, and we’re committed to working together to make sure that happens.”

When folk’s like Tapper and what’s her name come out with their BS, we just need to turn it back around with the facts we have.

• Thanks for watching what I won’t…….

• Bert Darrell says:

Honest: please calm dawn. Nobody takes CNN seriously. They are trash and everybody knows it. Just delete their channel from your line up and enjoy life.

• WSB says:

Maybe she doesn’t have a sizable bra size….sorry.

• Stringy theory says:

Don’t watch that garbage. If you do , don’t post it here.

• Trump’s attention span proved virtually infinitelt greater than Clinton’s as he focused on winning the relevant electoral vote, campaigned his ass off, and delivering lengthy stump speeches.

As to national security briefings, Trump proved to have an infinitely greater grasp of relevant national security issues that do Obama and Clinton, even long before he ever received a formal briefing.

Trump knows how to delegate. With Mad Dog Mattis attending briefings and having instant access to Trump, that’s actually better than having Trump sit in on every briefing. Trump is a workaholic and he will always be focused on doing something productive, and there are many functions the POTUS must do that the SECDEF can’t.

2. Mr.Right says:

Word of the day

DISCONNECTED

DC & the professional politicians (all of them) are beyond out of touch.
    They function as if nothing changed. As if.. they still own the town.

But no… there is a new Sheriff in tow. And business is no more as usual….

3. missmarple2 says:

These people in Congress just do not get it.

All of us and millions more understand that Trump risked his business, reputation, family, and even his life to do this. He did it because he saw the country was failing.

Now, those of us who realize this (and there are millions) think the guy is an honest-to-God hero. Personally, I feel very protective of him, because of how much he sacrificed and how hard he worked.

Am I going to stand by while these jerks try to sabotage his agenda? NO. I will stick up for him the way he stuck up for us!

They should be very afraid, because we mean business and will not let Trump down!

• CharterOakie says:

^^^ !

• Orygun says:

He paid the price and put in the time for this dance and I can’t believe the people second guessing his every move. He was the only one to step up and now it is his job to do with as he sees fit. If anyone else wants to put in the time, money and take all the abuse lets see you step up until then it is his dance. Trump will always be the “Man”.
      Thanks to him the world is breathing a little easier.

• doit4atlas says:

You are so very right! Some got him the day he rode down the elevator, it took me a couple weeks and a good friend who helped me see the beauty of his wealth and not being bought and paid for by big donors. So I was happy during the primaries when Trump and Cruz seemed to create a block against the uniparty guys. What really won me over were those two famous words “low energy”. I see those two words as the two words that changed the world. We, who were paying attention, understood those two words to mean “entitled”; i.e. entitled so there is no need to work hard and thus appear to be low energy.

With those two words, he destroyed 2 political dynasties named Bush and Clinton, and in the process exposed the UniParty. And now that the UniParty is laid bare, he is shining light on the radical left.

The man is a Godsend.

• fightthepols says:

And frankly, Romney was another entitled one who didn’t think he had to fight!

• paper doll says:

He fought Donald Trump much more than he ever did Obama. In fact Mitt got me on the Trump Train. I thought if Mitt hates him that much, I have to check DJT out. Thanks Mittens

• darththulhu says:

Mitt and the rest of the #NeverTrump neocon brigades were another big selling point for me with lefties not up-past-their-eyeballs in brainwashing.

When somebody’s top enemies include such disgusting nightmares as Bill Kristol, Karl Rove, Mitt Romney, George Will, Mitch McConnell, Rupert Murdoch, Robert Kagan, Paul Ryan, Megyn Kelly, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, the Koch brothers, and the entire fricking Bush clan … seriously, what sane leftie doesn’t cheer that someone on?

Trump is a new Party, all by himself.

• darththulhu says:

(other loathed-by-sane-lefties NeverTrumpers include such charmers as Grover Norquist, Glenn Beck, Charles Krauthammer, and every single person writing the “Against Trump” issue for National Review)

• paper doll says:

I’ve never seen them work so hard as they did against him! Or get so worked up over someone. They mailed it in 2008 and 12. I agree I tell folks, I’m a Trumptarian ! lol

• Joe Collins says:

We can out the cowards on Twitter, Facebook, by phone and in person. I look forward to it. Reminds me of those wonderful Town Halls shortly after the Tea Party got started. Good times. Good times.

• Very well said and I stand with you. I have a sister and brother-in-law that believe everything they hear on tv and I constantly have to prove that all news stations do. Nothing but lie. My sister and I have always been very close but this election has caused a few problems. I prove they are wrong and then try to change the subject.

• Stringy theory says:

Bravo, well said

4. stevefraser says:

Check out Fred Lucas’ book Tainted by Suspicion for an overview of past presidents and the massive conflicts with their own party, in addition to how the opposition party sabotaged a president’s agenda…..DJT vs the DEMS is on the most recent in a long line of political wars in the USA’s capitol.

• WSB says:

The odd note here is that Trump, due to being in NY and NV, has given to Schumer and Reid for business reasons, so it is a bit of odd bed fellows.

• darththulhu says:

He’s also straight-up given to the Clintons. As he made clear, as a businessman, he is quite clear about how “pay to play” functions in this country.

That is both a risk and a selling point. At some point, one has to make the leap of faith.

5. CharterOakie says:

That’s right, prima donnas of the Washington Permanent Political Class. You had best get with the program PDQ — especially you Republicans who asked for and received Sarah Palin’s endorsement and then went to Congress to go along to get along or even to sell out. Your days are numbered if you think you’re going to dance to K Street’s tune instead of ours.

6. Dekester says:

Me too. DJT inspires loyalty. Gergen et all truly are pompous scum.

• missmarple2 says:

They really don’t understand how much people love him and are appreciative of him standing up for us.

I have waited my entire life for someone like this, and I was born in 1948.

The Reddit guys, much younger than me, are also super loyal.

We will not let PE Trump down, and the GOPe has to be made to understand this. Business as usual is OVER.

7. Wish i could remember who to hat tip, but an awesome Treeper a while ago sed he would paint himself with magnetic paint and stand next to Trump to take the bullet for him. I responded for him to buy 2 cans as I would gladly stand on the other side of Trump. My sentiment remains the same today and always will. But for Trump, where would we be.

If you read this Treeper, stand up and take a bow for your brave comment! MAGA! Proud to be a Patriot along with you!

8. freddiel says:

Ugh! I voted for that wimp, Sanford! Dude, if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

9. WeThePeople2016 says:

You can’t put the genie back into the bottle. The American people have woken up and are not going to sit back and allow the GOPe to do what they want and not be held accountable. This is obviously scaring them (e.g. Sanford). Well, too bad. Do the job you were hired to do which is the will of your constituents. If not, you will be voted OUT!

• CharterOakie says:

On a rail. Tar and feathers available at no extra charge.

• piper567 says:

I posted this ealier, but it is an opportunity for a bit of input from some of us, so….
      Yesterday I received in the mail a survey from the RNC, complete with a request for $$. I filled out the survey, and then attached a little note saying I would not contribute to the RNC until Congress demonstrated their willingness to support President TRUMP – and some of them have already stated they will NOT do so.
      Congress has a LOT to prove.
      The RNC seems to think we are all-in for the RNC, as we love and voted for TRUMP.
      I am all-in for TRUMP, which is not the same as a willingness to support the RNC.
      They should hear this from as many who receive this survey.

10. Rickster says:

Two that do not seem to be scared at the moment are McBrain and Graham. I expect to see them accusing our new President of being easy on Russia as he moves forward and wanting him to take aggressive action. I also expect to see him tossing a few Twitter bombs over their heads when that happens. “So you are looking to start a nuclear war over sitting down and talking?” Man vs Boys

11. Enjoy this after yesterday’s dumb comment by Bill O’Reilly..

• stevefraser says:

Yes,…i’m a huge DJT supporter and I believe only someone with a huge over sized ego could stand up to the Democrat Party smear machine,. All the other candidates, like Mittens, would have run and hidden. DJT punched back…and it was wonderful to see.

12. Sandra says:

Anyone with integrity will recognize that Trump has it, and there should be no problem dealing with him. The slimbeballs will have a problem though.

13. A wise man once told me, “Do not fear, for what you fear will become a beacon in your mind and attract that fear to you like a magnet”

In this case it doesn’t matter if they fear or not. The Great Unwashed masses of Trump Voters are not going to be merciful. We have our man in position of power now and they should be fearful – prolongs the agony. Yeah…that’s a nice thought. 😀

14. paper doll says:

How many lessons they gotta need?

15. I’m having my own experience with disconnected Congresspeople. I sent emails to both of my Senators and my Congressman questioning the legality of the CIA interfering in our elections. I thought they were prohibited from involvement in domestic issues.

I so far have received one response from Senator Thom Tillis (NC). He should be embarrassed. I’m sure it was not written by him…probably one of his 20 something year old office lackeys.

The email said something like the CIA has concluded that the Russians intervened in our elections and that Senator Tillis fully supports a Congressional investigation. What a joke.

I just wrote back quoting Congressman Peter King saying it was a disinformation campaign by Brennan and that I opposed any wasteful Congressional investigation based on rumor. Furthermore, only 29% of the American people believe the Russians were involved and they are all Democrats. I also asked him to answer my question regarding the legality of the CIA involvement in domestic policy.

Wonder if a lackey will respond again. Does he really think I am so stupid as to accept this kind of response to my question? No way…and Senator Burr and Mark Meadows have not responded at all.

16. Gabriel says:

So Republican politicians are now starting to fear the voters ? That’s Good.

It’s been the other way around for far too long.

17. sundance says:

Have Tar, Bring Feathers !

#MAGA2017

18. Bert Darrell says:

Let me see if I got this. Sanford, the courageous adulterer who wrecked his family to have an affair with an Argentinian woman and, as governor, lied to South Carolinians saying he was hiking in the Appalachians when he was in Argentina with his fling, is now gutsy enough to go against the will of the SC voters who overwhelmingly voted for Trump? And Republicans who didn’t dare to stop Obama from repeatedly violating the U.S. Constitution will now fight Trump because he wants to deliver on his promises? I say: let them try. November 2018 isn’t that far away. Let’s see if they are willing to pay the price for pleasing their globalist masters and ignoring we the people.

19. Martin says:

20. David Farrar says:

As a strong supporter of Pres-elect Trump, and as a persona non grata of both “Breitbart” and Robinson’s “Free Republic,” I can assure you, as far as I am concerned, under a Trump administration, if your construct is right, it will be supported by Trump because it will be supported by his power base. He is a businessman. He’s not into reinventing the wheel. He is into achieving a goal. But if you’re trying to sling some sort of U.S. Chamber of Crypto-Fascist, Crony Commerce of Big Business, Big Government, Big Media, and Big Politics bullshit, be prepared to weather the coming storm.

21. unconqueredone says:

30 days! I can hardly wait.
    These congress wimps better wake up, because we’ve got the coals hot to stick their feet to the fire if they obstruct Trump. They didn’t make any effort to truly stop Obama, so they better keep to form and go along. I intentionally did not vote for my GOP representative who ran unopposed just to reduce his vote count. I suspect his phone people are going to get to know my name over the next 4 years and hope I don’t call. If they don’t pick up, I know where their office is and will make my voice heard anyway.

• redsequin4 says:

“These congress wimps better wake up, because we’ve got the coals hot to stick their feet to the fire if they obstruct Trump”

All President Trump will have to do, is hold a few rallies or tweet out his displeasure (it’s like the new Bat-Signal) letting us know he’s being obstructed by the GOPe, Uniparty, whatever. Soon after, Capitol Hill phone lines will melt down and Twitter feeds will light up. Our 45th President has a not-so-secret weapon, it’s us and we’ll make sure to have his Six whenever he calls for our support.

• Paul Killinger says:

I especially liked the part where this guy actually proposed we take up the legislation “we all agree on” first, and then take up the President’s proposals “later.”

NO, let’s adopt the measures our President CAMPAIGNED ON that we voted for, and then take a look at their ideas when he says so!

• redsequin4 says:

Specifically the Rino’s want to push the border wall, deportations, sanctuary cities and interior enforcement to the back of the line. DJT won’t let that happen.

• WSB says:

Blessed prayers for PE Trump, family, protectors, staff and aids.

• Paul Killinger says:

They really are amazing you know.

We busted our backs to put them in the majority, and they repaid us by giving the other side a blank check called Omnibus.

But now that WE elected a new President (who most of them didn’t support!), suddenly they’re all concerned about how his programs to get America growing again may temporarily bust the federal budget?

This duplicity would make even Benedict Arnold blush!

22. paper doll says:

And keep tweeting President Trump!

23. eweturn8 says:

Last line in the article :
    “”Free speech is one of the hallmarks of our republic,” Sanford said. “If people are afraid to say what they think based on fear of reprisal … that’s not free speech.””

well … DUH!
    Christian bakers, photographers, florists, and one lone county clerk, have been making this point for years

24. spindlitis says:

We had a Representative, Brian Baird. He held a town hall where he was lambasted by veterans over his support for Obamacare. He decided not to run for re-election as a result. They can’t stand criticism or opposition.

• Brian Baird was a Washington State Democrat. He had served 6 terms – enough to get a lifetime income and medical care insurance. A lot of Democrats do that – just serve enough time to get their pension, then pass on the seat, usually to a staffer, but generally whoever is next in line. However, Baird was replaced by a Republican woman, Jaime Beutler! Yeehaw!

25. Reality Wins says:

“…for fear of LOCAL FOLKS.”

And there it is! The disdain for us lowly COMMONERS in FLY OVER COUNTRY!

Out, OUT, and KEEP THEIR COATS!

26. jackphatz says:

Gosh, In less then three months I went from being a racist to a deplorable to finally ….“the posse“! Hot damn..I’m in a posse now!

27. Rebel Mope says:

Twitter has me on a sooper sekrit double probation again.

28. sammyhains says:

Trump is the meteor, and the RINOsaurs see it hurtling towards Washington B.C.

29. paper doll says:

Get the poor little RINOS some puppies and play dough if they need a safe space

30. jojo says:

This adorable deplorable is proud to be in the posse. How about I’ll be in the armed posse?

31. JoAnn Leichliter says:

Why is it I strongly suspect that what these elected officials really fear is that their constituents will finally figure out that they have been scammed for years. We might even–heaven forefend–hold them accountable for the mess they have made (through which we wade daily) and expect them to clean it up.

32. Sam says:

We’re a “horde of enforcers” now. I’ll have to change my disqus handle from deplorable to enforcer.

33. M33 says:

“for fear of Sean Hannity”

YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

34. Stringy theory says:

Be afraid GOOP,, be very afraid. We are watching you and will come after you if you cross those who elected you.

35. mari says:

These RINO globalist are used to doing their dirty work against the American people in secret. We don’t know what’s in a bill until it’s passed. They are stealth and relentless in rewarding their lobbyists friends. It’s about time we started kicking a** and taking names. We are in no mood for games.

36. Athena the Warrior says:

Awww these poor clown babies have no idea what’s store for them. The days of going to D.C. to lollygag, do useless photo ops, & pass honorary nonsense are over with! They will be working like the majority of them have never worked before.

I can’t wait for one of them to complain that PE Trump is moving too fast. I look forward to holding them by the ear to remind them that the ONLY reason they are there is to do the people’s business. Frankly, I’d love to adopt more of Texas’s legislative rules of meeting every other year. If not that, they should only meet for four months in DC to take care of business. Otherwise they are back home in their district keeping normal business hours unless attending a specific events.

They have too much time on their hands to get into mischief and it needs to be cut out.

37. rsanchez1990 says:

The Democrat and Republican parties have remained remarkably stable for over 150 years, compared to the major realignments in the first 80 years of the US. I think we may see a major realignment coming soon. The Democrats are quickly slipping into irrelevance. That takes out one wing of the UniParty, and I can see the Republican party fracturing into Trump’s coalition and the UniParty remnants.

Almost exactly 200 years ago, James Monroe, a Democratic-Republican, defeated his Federalist opponent and presided over the dissolution of the Federalist Party. Monroe ran essentially unopposed in 1820 to win a second term. At the risk of sounding overly optimistic, might we see the same happening for Trump? To be sure, Trump will face very stiff opposition, but as long as he delivers results his opposition will be rendered impotent.

• rsanchez1990 says:

I should add that some obvious early evidence of the coming realignment is the seemingly random “alliance” between Glenn Beck and Samantha Bee. We’ll see things like this happen more often over the course of Trump’s presidency.

• darththulhu says:

If Samantha Bee gains a deranged nutcase like Beck, at the cost of hemorrhaging hundreds of thousands of Beck-despising working-class people like myself, I am quite happy for her to make that bargain.

38. Tommy Tunes says:

Please take action and sign this Petition for President Elect Trump to call for ” Term Limits ” for Congress !!!!

39. tuskyou says:

I’ve never been part of a “horde of enforcers” before. I like my new role.
    Winning/enforcing is fun!

40. My personal political mission is to make Bradley Byrne’s remaining days as AL 1st Congressman uncomfortable and pressured as he tries to live down his withdrawing the Trump Endorsement when the Access Hollywood video came out.

Saturday at the Trump Victory rally, as a Posse member, it was my great pleasure to greet him with a well place “Bradley Byrne You Suck!” screamed at the top of my lungs. It was right as the crowd got quiet before he spoke. Several people didn’t understand but the rest of us let them know :). Yep, Posse is about right – let’s ride :).

41. Digleigh says:

I am glad…… “When the government fears the people, there is liberty, and when the people fear their government, there is tyranny” (forefather quote, Jefferson?)

42. drdog09 says:

“professional political class”. Hopefully the author of the piece understands this, but the term itself and its manifestation as the GOPe is anathema to the basis of which this country was founded. We were not intended to have a professional political class. I hope the PPC is scared s@#$less — they should be.

43. Howie says:

The Gopers are beginning to understand the power of Trumpzilla.

44. Paul Killinger says:

This is nothing NEW. It’s the same thing we’ve been saying to our Reps and Senators for YEARS.

The only difference is we finally elected a President who HAS OUR BACKS. Just as we have his!

45. India Maria says:

My suggestion is to keep pestering our State Senators and State Reps, Mayor, and State Governor. U.S. Rep also. U.S. Senators are the most useless of the bunch, and they have very little connection to their home state, local needs. But you can CC them anyway. If we stay awake, and keep buzzing around their heads like mad hornets, we may just straighten out our country. You never know…

46. Bottom line, if you truly support and represent the American people, then you have nothing to worry about.

47. gailcb says:

I admit that, since 2008, I have had a defeatist mentality, and I pretty much stopped paying close attention politically. But now optimism abounds, and I want to make sure we build on this national success and extend it to the state level.. So much wrong info is put out there, that it’s hard to navigate to find the truth, but I have found this site to reflect my spiritual and political values. Said all that to say this – could this site be a jumping off point, or partner with like minded organizations at the state level for each state? Maybe there’s something (trustworthy) like this already out there ?

• darththulhu says:

There’s no substitute for Doing The Work, yourself.

You can read the links here, see who other people have found trustworthy, listen to the arguments offered by those who disagree, and evaluate people by the track-record of their deeds and arguments. In the end, you will never agree 100% with any pundit, expert, or commenter about everything. Even Sundance, you will find things you disagree about, and that’s fine.

The point it to find people who are sincere in their positions, honest in their weighing of evidence, and coherent in their arguments. People like, say, Sundance. Even where you disagree with their thought processes and conclusions, you can consider them as reliable sources of information if they clearly are actively wrestling with a search for Truth and making their biases clear.

Just one recent example: there’s been a lot of video-posting of a certain Canadian war reporter who just dismantled a snide Norwegian reporter quoting talking points to her. It is a near-certainty that the Canadian reporter in question has political opinions significantly to the left of the average reader here, and there would be lots of disagreement on all kinds of policy positions if the full lists of issues were streamed out. Again: that’s fine. The thing that matters is that she values hard Truths over comforting partisan slogans. Even if there is never full concord, lefties like her and righties like the commentariat here can come to useful mutual understandings about the Truths of what’s happening in the world.

48. ZZZ says:

THIS is slowing becoming untrue…pretty soon the plank will fall:

49. Patriot Lady says:

OK, all you residents in Sanford’s district–
    You’ve got a little over a year– HOW DO YOU SPELL THE WORD P-R-I-M-A-R-Y??!!!!!!