Fox News Begins “All About Eve” Exploration For Megyn Kelly Replacement…

Those who follow the nuances within the often predictable intersection of politics and media may have spotted the sighting of a familiar approach last week – when Tomi Lahren was innocuously invited to appear on Bill O’Reilly’s broadcast.

tomi-and-megyn

For no apparent reason Ms. Lahren surfaced during an opinion segment within the broadcast previously used to vet potential Fox News on-air talent and acquisition.

Subtle, but subtle like a brick through a window, when contrast against the current expiring contract of Ms. Megyn Kelly and her foray into free agency.

In 2014 Murdoch’s little princess crossed into the world of ideological celebrity when she was selected as one of Fortune’s influential women.  A previously friendly relationship with Facebook COO, Sheryl Sandberg, blossomed almost immediately into a fist-raised ‘we’ve come a long way baby‘, fellow traveler, connection.

Thus, Kelly’s entry into the modern fem-stazi movement began; and later ultimately culminated with a carefully crafted, leftist credibility enhancing, gender-based political exhibition on August 6th 2015.  The lead up to the display was transparently predictable.

Thereafter, with the ideological Rubicon fully jumped, the rest is history.

Megyn Kelly Debatemegyn kelly faces of meth

However, as Murdoch’s enterprise has noted – the valuation of Kelly when contrast against the ratings support of Sean Hannity, and now Tucker Carlson, and the jaw-dropping increase within the FNB broadcasts of Lou Dobbs etc., has made Kelly’s stock substantially less than.

If there was ever a perfect time to drop his heavily financed princess, now is the time.

Along with the victory of President Trump, the media landscape has similarly shifted; Murdoch has all the leverage he would need now to negotiate a steep discounted offer removing the prior over-evaluation from the table, or just safely cut bait.

Enter the acquisition test. A potential long-term “all about Eve” scenario with lower current costs, and vastly up-sized future benefit/value:

Meanwhile, CNN’s Jeff Zucker is notorious for being a two-steps behind visionary.  He always seems to make executive moves/decisions that are well behind current events. In essence he’s always chasing yesterday’s audience.

Zucker lives in an ideological echo-chamber of leftist memes and cocktail party narratives. As such he can be counted upon to get duped into a large contract with Megyn Kelly just as easily as he could be convinced by Chris Cuomo to install solar panels on satellite cameras.  All the best people do it…

Jeff Zucker can also be counted upon to stupidly undercut his current on air talent and create a financial personality crisis because he’s a really weak downward looking executive who has to watch his feet on the escalator.

trump-media-2Sheryl Sandberg, Megyn Kelly

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

348 Responses to Fox News Begins “All About Eve” Exploration For Megyn Kelly Replacement…

1. Eric says:

I’ll gladly watch Tomi take on the spot. Been watching her ever since the popular video came out years ago. I’m a sucker for blondes though that trigger liberals :).

2. wyntre says:

Maybe the Matryoshka will make an exception and allow Me-Again to join their group as a junior member.

(PS-see what you did to me notamember?)

3. Dale says:

Trump should give Tomi and exclusive interview… stick the knife in Kelly and twist it a little 🙂

4. Paco Loco says:

TV, broadcast and cable, will soon go the way of international shortwave broadcasting (dead) The old media is like a dead man walking. Its being replaced as we speak by streaming Internet programming direct to smart phones, tablets, and laptops. The middle man network is going to go the way of the Carrier pigeon. We’ll know when it’s finally the end for the MSM “broadcast news” when the TV monitors in US airports that carry CNN non stop are turned off and removed.

5. Having worked for decades in local media, I recognize that Fox News is indeed showing clear signs of testing for misguided Megyn’s replacement. The moment I saw Tomi Lahren with O’Reilly that night, I pointed out to my family that Bill was obviously involved in helping the network find a new host for the slot following him. Kelly did everything she could to make this “her year”, but both her prime time main Fox channel program and her book have failed miserably. She took her shots and missed.

6. deplorablebeforeitwascool says:

Anyone remember Paula Zahn? She seemed to be on fire with Fox and then moved on. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her on a milk carton these days.

• WSB says:

If Fox really had a backbone they would put Sharyl Atkisson on.

• sunnydaze says:

Yes, she’s excellent.

They’ve got a lot of talent to choose from.Why go with a washed-up Hack?

• spacette55 says:

Atkisson is an exceptional journalist. Would she toe the Fox News line?

• WSB says:

No, unless she just syndicated her show.

Some here are a bit more skeptical of her, but I continue to believe that after Sharyl left a media environment, she was able to act in a more timely manner.

• stevefraser says:

Has she won any beauty titles?….all the blonde Fox all stars have.

• QuiteContrary says:

Great idea, WSB! Sharyl Attkisson would be fantastic! I wonder if Fox would be interested, though, because she cannot be controlled.

I saw Tomi L. on O’Reilly and didn’t even think of it as a tryout. Very interesting! That’s why I read various sites on the Internet. I learn about things that hadn’t occurred to me. I’m not a fan of Tomi. She’s young and seems too full of herself. I also find her thinking superficial, without the depth that she’ll have in the years to come. She’s just starting out and is not seasoned enough to carry her own show on Fox, IMO.

Megyn’s statements about the debates knocking ‘someone’ out of the race were beyond unprofessional. She also clearly lost her objectivity about Trump. However, I still like her and object to the more personal attacks against her, not to mention the death threats she’s reportedly been getting. If I were her, I wouldn’t accept a position with an outlet that expected me to come in and lift their rock-bottom ratings. That’s a recipe for disaster and major daily headaches for her. She should do what’s best for her career and avoid being positioned as the ratings savior. That soon enough can turn into her being portrayed as the dud who could not turn the network around. Then she’ll be damaged goods. She should think carefully about her next move.

• Bull Durham says:

Paula Zahn worked out here in SoCal at local CBS. She was super hot and smart. But she had bad management for her career. Bad career moves.

• Ron says:

I never watched her as a host, but she now has a show on Investigative Discovery, ID channel called “On The Case With Paul Zahn” that I watch every week, it’s the 48 hours type crime show where they present a murder mystery in an hour long show with interviews with the family, etc.

I always liked the show (I’m actually watching it right now!) but didn’t know she was ever a conservative show host.

7. LCSmom says:

The should try out Eboni Williams too. She is smart. One of my favorite guests on Lou, she would be a yuge change from Megan.

• wyntre says:

Eboni is annoying as hell and way too full of herself, IMHO. The only reason she’s on Fox is becasue of her race.

Attkinson is another story. Great investigative journalist, great writer.

Her book “Stonewalled” is a classic.

• Avi says:

she is also cute

• dilonsfo says:

I particularly agree with you after she said she had supported Obama. I guess her “conservative” principles only came to her during this election cycle. Not even sure if she voted for Trump this year. I am betting she cast her vote for Clinton so I am officially #nevereboni.

• Marc says:

She is a moderate liberal Democrat. Eboni has never described herself as conservative or Republican. She fills in the spot for Juan Williams on the Five when he’s not in town. She only said she couldn’t in good conscience vote for Hillary. I still think she’s far better then Juan or Geraldo.

• NJF says:

Ha. She’s too happy most of the time.

I think the problem is, whoever gets the slot will be handed a script to read, just like the rest.

8. John says:

UNLV TV – MAGA

9. Mr. Morris says:

But, but, but, I thought the Murdoch’s loved their star Megyn Kelly. Lachlan Murdoch said she was the future of Fox. Surely the younger Murdoch’s do not care if her ratings are down under. Didn’t they give Megyn a $6 million advance for her book? What does it matter that Megyn Kelly’s book is selling like gruel!

10. suejeanne1 says:

yes, Fox, please put Sharyl Atkisson on there to replace Megyn Kelly –
    or one of your other long-time people that many of us like -why not Pattie Ann Brown?

11. Kelly transformed herself in 12 months from CENTERFOLD-SLUT material to SNOW-WHITE-WITCH.

12. Lucille says:

Why not simply have someone who is intelligent, learned, wants to get the truth out, and doesn’t wear a pound of makeup beyond what is necessary for the lights and camera, and is attractive without being a self-important drama queen.

13. 4bleu says:

Yes, a replacement.
    Just from a more outside perspective, the young American female especially as a rule, especially college-educated is annoyingly shallow, equally between lib or conservative. The talk is shallow and un-creative because it lacks real-world experience. Seriously, this is a problem in the US because it wasn’t like this before, but has become this way.

14. Chester02 says:

I don’t care who FOX hires. Cancelled all cable channels last week.

15. Bull Durham says:

Right now, almost every good clip is posted within an hour or so here at CTH from any show on any cable outlet. Its either at the head of an article by SD or on the threads by commenters.
    You don’t really need cable. You just need CTH.

16. TheseTruths says:

Do they have to replace Megyn with a woman, and a blond one at that? Why not Tucker Carlson? I bet his ratings are going up fast.

17. freddy says:

FOX news to me is the same as Romney.. Betrayers…I watched FOX for years on all day. Then came Megyn. Invasion of the blond bimbo in spandex and heels acting like she was untouchable in her new studio….Then she took the silver to put the hit on Trump and that was it. I endured Stirewald and the other metros in mom jeans and her fem pals like Michelle then it became totally unwatchable…. She is a sick woman and has obsessive disorder………

18. Jack says:

Tomi Lahren, being a Glenn Beck protege, will be very pro-Israel – which I think we can all agree is what really makes a good TV news host.

19. okapisage says:

I’m not in favor of any more blondes! There is a preponderance of them at Fox, and it just seems sexist to me, that it’s just blonde after blonde after blonde, including commentators. Look at the picture of Megyn on 8/15/2015 with three other blondes behind here! Does that provide some sort of extra edge to get ahead at Fox? Bottom line: I don’t care how good Tomi is — I can’t get past her blonde hair. Won’t be watching.

20. mot2grls says:

I saw the segment with Ms Lahren and was not impressed. I’d much rather see Tucker moved into that time slot. Perhaps one of their other talents could move into Tucker’s current time slot. I too stopped watching Ms Kelly, with her clear plexiglass desk and her feet propped up on a clear plexiglass stool. That debate solidified my support for Our President-elect. I suspect it had the same effect for many others.

21. Tejas Rob says:

Haven’t been impressed with Lahren, she’s a bit too stiff in her presentation. Plus, they put her on and pulled Buck Sexton, who was the only one worth watching on Blaze. I’d rather listen to Buck.

22. jackphatz says:

Liz Wheeler from OAN!

23. NewOrleans says:

Ah, Me-Me-Megyn before the debate, all cocky and confident about changing the course of history!

All that cockiness, of course, was before she claims she was poisoned by Trump. Or was it the Russians? Perhaps it was a combination of the two? Who knows, I can’t keep track of all the crazy.

But, it remains, the BEST ELECTION EVER!

24. Howie says:

Smegyn is the Kapernik of FOX Newz.

25. micscottmd says:

LIZ WHEELER on tipping Point would be a great choice. Never will watch Megan Kelly, Good riddance

26. just CC says:

Just do as I do and DONT watch TV, my news source is the TREEHOUSE

27. bluejean says:

Here’s Tomi when she was on One America News (before she went to the Blaze). She did a great rant on Obama’s reaction to Benghazi……

I wouldn’t mind giving her a chance. Doesn’t have to be in Me-again’s timeslot….could be after. I’d say move Hannity to her slot….that’s where he originally was anyway….on right after O’reilly….

28. John Galt says:

Fox News bubble headed bleach blonde du jour won’t have editorial control, so: what difference at this point does it make?

29. Sayit2016 says:

I like Tomi— her take down on Kaepernick was epic ; ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0_nyWVXCI

30. MaskOfZero says:

Tomi is good, but pretty young–it seems as if her opinions have been obtained by rote rather than experience.

Now Trish Regan–I like her style.

31. Nationalist says:

It doesn’t matter to me one bit who they put on. I cut the cord two years ago and won’t ever go back to watching that drivel. Relatives we visited over Thanksgiving had TV on and I just couldn’t stand listening to it. Once you have fully detoxed from the idiot box I think it becomes crystal clear just what a sad waste of time it is to watch and listen to that incessant moronic blather. Life is too short.

32. Maist says:

That picture of Megyn looks so much like Cruella DeVille it’s scary!

33. froggieleggs says:

I was actually thinking they were going to replace smegan with Ainsley Earhardt. She’s been on a lot at night now. I got the feeling they were seeing if she liked working nights instead of mornings.

34. Natalie Woods says:

Trish Regan would be an ideal replacement for Megan Kelly because Trish has that ability to disagree with and establish her point of view without being in an adversarial position.

35. Bangela says:

I am not that impressed with her. Seems like she has no real intellectual depth. She gets the basic obvious points, but nothing that requires off the grid thinking. Her interview with O’Reilly was pedestrian.