Consumer sentiment, confidence in the economic outlook of individuals, has jumped up over 8% since Donald Trump’s election victory.  The gauge of expectations six months from now gained 8.4 points to 85.2, the biggest jump in four years, from a two-year low of 76.8 in October.

(Via Bloomberg) Consumer confidence rose more than previously reported to a six-month high in November, showing Americans became more optimistic about their finances and the economy after Donald Trump won the presidential election.

trump west virginia

The University of Michigan said Wednesday that its final index of sentiment rose to 93.8 from 87.2 in October, after a preliminary reading of 91.6 that reflected pre-election views. The split was stark between respondents in the month’s survey before and after the Nov. 8 vote, with sentiment rising 8.2 points in the post-election group from the pre-election cohort.

The lift suggests that Americans were heartened on the whole by Trump’s victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton, with broad gains in confidence across incomes, ages and regions, according to the report.  (read more)

trump west virginia 2West Virginia voters

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Economy, Election 2016, Environmentalism, EPA, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

79 Responses to Consumer Confidence Climbs To Six Month High After Trump Election – Biggest Jump in 4 years…

1. notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Can that index register over 100?

2. rorecruit says:

To the chagrin of the Alt-Left and the NeverHumpers……

3. India Maria says:

President Trump at this very moment is getting Carrier AC to stay in Indiana, and NOT move to Mexico. MAGA!

4. Pam says:

People have been afraid to spend money on big ticket items and on almost anything period because of Obamacare and other regulations that have been beating consumers down but with Trump set to take office, this news is good and makes perfect sense.

5. kinthenorthwest says:

Posted it elsewhere but it seems that the BLM want to destroy the Consumers’ Black Friday Shopping

If you live in a big city and plan to do some Black Friday shopping be careful.

Black Lives Matter Activists Plan to Disrupt Black Friday Shopping in Major Cities

6. clash108 says:

More Winning you say? Are we ever going to get tired of Winning?

7. silverlakela says:

The numbers are in: Trump wins Michigan by 10,704

Trump won 306 electoral votes — including Michigan’s 16 — to 232 for Clinton.

• ajbenius says:

Unfortunately, the Democrats are probably going to try overturning the soon-to-be certified results via recounts. In the WA gubernatorial election in 2004, initial certified results showed that the GOP candidate won. After the 1st recount, the results still showed him ahead slightly. After the 2nd recount however, he lost. The Democrats have had 2 weeks to fabricate that amount of votes now.

• peace says:

See politicalref.com as to why the dems plan will not work.

• Old CrewDog says:

Just got through that piece. It says nothing about the potential for fraud during the and doesn’t provide a warm feeling at all. Recounts rarely if ever favor R’s. This thing CAN be stolen. Somebody prove me wrong – I’ll gladly take that. Any take on this from SD?

• Not SD, but here’s my take – abbreviated from an earlier post on the Treehouse.
            Plan will not work because:
            1. Deadline to file request for recount is tomorrow in Wisc., and Monday in Mich. and PA.
            2. Cost. Deposit must be made before the deadline – in MI it is $25 per precinct. If requester still loses, it si $125 per precinct.
            3. Assume cost is similar in PA and WI.
            4. Recounts very, very rarely result in overturning an election. And current margins of Trump’s victory in those three states are way too big to be overturned this late.
            I went through the Washington state recount travesty vote by vote. It took massive, visible fraud to overturn the result. GOP lawyers put on the absolutely worst case I have ever seen when they contested the recount results. Don’t google this. It will depress you.

• notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

The Dimocraps don’t want the 100% fraud audit of the them that will reveal all their voter fraud.

• aj, it’s okay to be happy, really. WE WON! They can’t hurt us anymore. It’s all smoke ‘n mirrors.

IT IS GOING TO BE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

• Old CrewDog says:

“They can’t hurt us anymore”? Never turn your back on these vermin. Perhaps you”ve heard tbe recount need?

• Old CrewDog says:

Recount news…

• Beverly says:

True, but TRUMP DON’T PLAY. He will kick their family jewels up their poop chute if they try this. And they know it — he’s not only a tough SOB, he’s quite litigious and they know that. In fact, Wikileaks exposed the Dims talking about avoiding “lawsuit exposure” with some of their usual dirty tactics if they applied them to The Donald. :-)))

• I remember that well. Rossi won but they conveniently found a bunch of boxes in some King County broom closet for Gregorio.☹️

8. William F BUCKLEY Ghost says:

Just don’t wimp out on eliminating the disgusting H1B VISA scam, President-Elect Trump! If you’re serious about draining the swamp you’re going to have to be tough on CitiBank, Disney, Microsoft, Google, Facebook and Apple. Remember, if you give these guys an inch they will abuse the hell out of H1B Visa program and you CANNOT depend on the Useless Department of Labor to enforce any safeguards you.implement. They lack the will and have been completely compromised with globalists and incompetent people over the past 16 years!:

9. 804hokie says:

So this Wiscy recount is basically an exercise in futility, is it not? Particularly with Michigan being certified and the margin by which Trump won Pa

10. Renrew4977 says:

I fully expect a Trump baby boom of working families in 17 and 18. Trump babies!

11. alliwantissometruth says:

I’d assume it wouldn’t be too hard for Trump to convince Carrier to stay put…

Point #1: The regulatory burdens will be removed when I’m in office

Point #2: Everything you ship & sell here will be taxed big time

Crunch the numbers Carrier & make the right choice, because this bull**** is going to stop one way or another

12. M33 says:

And it will just keep on growing!!!

13. beaujest says:

Build 50 prisons,it will create a million jobs and allow decent people to live their lives whether they are white,black,brown,yellow,red,young or old,rich or poor !

14. I’m a stock holder. I used to be a day trader, I won BiG on Apple, and lost BiG on a trade I should’ve got out of but waited too long, but I evened out then I called it quits 2 years ago. Since then things looked bleak and all this talk about selling and how the market is going to implode left me feeling a bit undecided on what to do. I prayed to God to help me decide what to do. Then I had a dream about few weeks ago and I was shown my portfolio was going to DOUBLE, making me rich. The two stocks are AAPL (Apple); and CVX (Chevron). So when I woke up I took that as my answer and I decided not to sell. I think Trump economy IS going to be very good for the stock market. Maybe not my REITS but I think AAPL & CVX are going to do quite well.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Unload your REITs. They cause evil things, particularly if HUD is involved. Your conscience will be clearer. Years ago, thought about writing a treatise on how REITs are
      ultimately, harmful. My working title was “Are you being a REITard?” Decided that was in too poor taste, even for me.

15. Stringy theory says:

My confidence took a huge leap when President Trump was elected.

Happy Thanksgiving Sundace and all Trump supporters here.

MAGA!!

16. My guy in Arizona said when he went to walmart today people were joyful, he said it was noticeably a happy atmosphere there (he goes there all the time at least once a day). He said at the checkout line people were smiling and not the usual long faces. I think no matter who they voted for they can feel the paradigm shift. At least in the economy the boom is coming! And I mean boom as in INCREASE not doom. There is a sense of freedom in the air. I can even feel that here in Italy. Today I was singing THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUSIC. 😀
    Something definitely has changed. I remember back in 2012 when we flew back to USA after the election and we noticed even the trees were hanging like they were sad. A blanket of oppression was on the land. It was palatable. Even the American flag at the post office was hanging and limp looking.

God only knows what He saved us from in sending us Donald J. Trump. How many terror attacks did Trump save us from by turning so much attention on the problem I wonder? The globalists really thought they were going to get away with things and they were so close. Pray for Trump’s safety and for America. But honestly if people still keep complaining and whining and second guessing Trump God could decide we just don’t deserve to be saved. SO PLEASE STOP WHINING AND CELEBRATE WE WON!

17. Patriot 1 says:

Trump gives a lot of people hope for a prosperous future. He’s a businessman and I hope he runs this country like a business. Cut the fat President elect Trump. Makes the legit books balance!

18. One thing I would like to see Trump do on taking office (and I’m not aware that this would take any legislative action to do) is to re-define the algorithms behind some of the economic key indicator statistics. At the top of the list would be employment figures, so they properly reflect the disruption of individuals working one or more part time jobs instead of a full time job, and the counter-intuitive practice of not counting those who have “given up looking for word” as unemployed.

These numbers have given Obama (and other presidents) an important talking point in trying to spin an under-performing economy as being the opposite.

There are also some good indexes around healthcare that we should start using. We focus entirely too much the number of insureds, whereas this tells us nothing about the effectiveness of healthcare dollars. What good is it to have everyone covered if nobody is getting treatment because of access issues, or even worse, the massive amount of money a policyholder must put in (deductibles) before their policy kicks in. In the same way that inflation can be a hidden tax, the same situation exists when you have folks bragging about he low number of uninsured, when having insurance says very little about if and what type of treatment it will help you get.

• Your Tour Guide says:

And, for the love of all that’s holy, include energy costs to consumers. They took them out to help cook the books for their buddies. I still believe that the increase in gas prices is the reason that GM and Chrysler went belly up. The increase in gas prices pretty closely matched what a new car payment was just a few years prior.

• WSB says:

Almost every official number is bogus. Yes, there should be a commission already to restore truth in conveyance, and comparative numbers for past posts. Let’s start with President’s favorability, unemployment, not to mention which polling groups should be shut down!

• Beverly says:

He needs to have a team working on that right away, so he can announce OBAMA’s real [horrible] job numbers before the SOB escapes from the stage — otherwise, the Enemedia will try to pin it on Donald.

19. Craig W. Gordon says:

Watched NFL for the first time since week 2 because I’ve taken a knee for obvious reasons. That Apple commercial ‘Open Your Heart to Everyone’ = subliminally ‘Open the Borders to Everyone’. Anybody else pick up on it? No more NFL for me for a while.

Also, plenty of players with their hands on their hips during the National Anthem. Kirk Cousins was one of them. Another few with nasty scowls and poor body language. C’mon man!

20. stargirl says:

with the overall sense of optimism pervading the country since the election, methinks that the christmas season is going to be very good for retail sales.

21. Beverly says:

Even people who don’t like to think about politics have been feeling like this about the Obama regime: Blow a raspberry and get me Outta here!