Secretary of Defense? Donald Trump Meeting With General James Mattis…

Would require a congressional waiver; yet, in my humble opinion, ‘Mad Dog’ would most definitely be the type a Trump transition team would consider even if needing such an avenueYour thoughts?

general-mattis

trump-mattis-1

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, media bias, Military, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

331 Responses to Secretary of Defense? Donald Trump Meeting With General James Mattis…

1. Nottakingthisanymore says:

I do not know of this Gen Mattis as a US Army vet I can only judge Generals be great and not so great generals I have served under. Out of Boot Camp and AIT I was assign the the 24 Inf Div in FT Stewart, GA. My first General I can not remember but the he was replaced by Gen Norman Schwarzkopf . He was truly a solder’s general.

I remember bivouacking on St Lowe LZ at Stewart on a Saturday around 1000 hours. General Schwarzkopf landed his copter on the LZ and popped out wearing golf shorts. Our company commander run out to meet him. He asked the company commander why he had us in the field while he Gen Schwarzkopf was golfing. Did the company commander remember during the change of command ceremony him saying when his troops were in the field he would be there as well. Did the company commander forget it was the year of the family and he had instructed all training on weekends suspended unless approved as mission critical. He ordered us back to the motor pool lock the equipment down and solders release by noon and off until Tuesday. Oh and by the way on Monday he was to have the Battalion and Brigade Commanders in his office for a training schedule meeting.

Then latter Gen Schwarzkopf lead the most successful Invasion (not Collin Powel) ever.

That was a General

2. Keln says:

The reason why people don’t like Mad Dog Mattis is; he understands what the military is for, and he’s not afraid to say it.

I remember my graduation ceremony in the Navy back in ’97. Some admiral or other (I don’t remember who) said “you are here to kill people. That is your job.”

I took from that the seriousness of it. I never thought of myself as a killer (though, to be honest, I guess I have killed people).

The military is serious. It is not a diplomatic tool. It is not to be used for politics. It means killing people.; It is serious. And we need someone who understands that in charge.

Trump understands that.

Mad Dog understands that.

• GracieD says:

This is what my Active Duty friends have said. Scrap the ROEs and wreck shop…and do NOT pay for the repairs!

• remuda2016 says:

I sort of like reupping the draft (Sel. Svc still here) for all to engage their patriotism (M&F), get back in shape, trade their iPhones for drill time. run the O-Course, be ‘team’ and ‘solo’, speak ‘brevity code’ and not just ‘texting’, relearn real English, get ‘Spiffy’, and learn to clean their ‘weapons’…
        Semper Fi…

• pavetack says:

Hell, the best part of the draft might be to get young people out of their bubble and interacting with people who don’t think, talk, and act like they do. WWII, Korea, and Vietnam all acted as a true melting pot, mixing rural, urban, and suburban young men in a structured environment.

That said, I’m skeptical about giving the government that much power over people. We re-institute the draft, and the next Dem president uses it to fill the Peace Corps or Vista and buy off a generation of youngsters.

• DelAware says:

Precisely! The military is not a diplomatic or political tool…nor is it a make-work program for people too fat, stupid, and lazy to find jobs or create their own in their communities…or take advantage of the extensive free education offered by taxpayers…nor is it a source of cradle-to-grave welfare for those same people.

I used to argue about “the Pentagon budget” with liberals/progs. These days most of it goes to veterans’ services…and it’s not even the vets with distinguished, combat, or high quality service!

Any fat black woman can get in the Chair Force or Army these days, do one turn, and be qualified for all sorts of welfare forever. It’s become a source of vote-selling by the Dems, who hate a fit, strong, lethal military to begin with and use military service as part of their demographic replacement agenda. (Their form of war.) We live near a military base (AF and Army) and some of the black women we see in uniform can’t even push their over-full carts at Costco without puffing.

Entry standards have been dumbed down to the point where I, at 60, can do more of various branches’ PFTs than required of both males and females in their 20s! And I have arthritis and an artificial hip. My daily goal is 100 to 120% of Coast Guard’s PFT curls, push ups, and S&R every day. I don’t always make it, like after a day or week of hard farm work. But it’s my goal. Also I can WALK two miles in the time the AF or Army require for running that distance (I’m short, and my husband calls me The Sandpiper). I wouldn’t get much of my daily round of farm and land work done if I didn’t!

3. JoeS says:

Choosing Mattis would mean that President-Elect Trump has found his “Patton” or his “MacArthur.”-END.

4. landreaux says:

It would be great to have an actual warrior in charge at the Pentagon. Out with the Generals who think global warming, no opps climate change is the biggest challenge facing us.

5. jeans2nd says:

Respectfully, I have one teeny-tiny disagreement with one thing General Mattis said.

“Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat” http://freebeacon.com/national-security/the-best-from-mad-dog-mattis/

Marines walk on de feet. General Mattis was just funning you all with that quote.

6. jente says:

Mattis is a quote machine, so it’s hard to pick a favorite. But right now due to what is going on in this country, I’ll go with this one —

“Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”

7. Rondo says:

“With rifle and bibliography: General Mattis on professional reading”

….The problem with being too busy to read is that you learn by experience (or by your men’s
    experience), i.e. the hard way. By reading, you learn through others’ experiences, generally a
    better way to do business, especially in our line of work where the consequences of
    incompetence are so final for young men.

Thanks to my reading, I have never been caught flat-footed by any situation, never at a loss for
    how any problem has been addressed (successfully or unsuccessfully) before. It doesn’t give
    me all the answers, but it lights what is often a dark path ahead.

8. David says: