Transcript – Melania Trump Speech In Pennsylvania: “An American Inspiration”…

Melania trump speech 2

[ Transcript ] What a wonderful welcome here in Pennsylvania.

It has been more than 500 days since my husband, Donald Trump, announced he would run for President of the United States.

I remember that day in June 2015 vividly. Surrounded by our family, and speaking to an audience of millions, Donald promised to campaign on behalf of those who feel the system is broken and does not work for them.

Those who just want a fair shake, an opportunity for a better education, a better-paying job, a better future.  He pledged to restore integrity to Washington, and respect for America abroad.

This is no ordinary campaign. It is a movement. A movement in which people feel included, inspired and involved. I have seen it firsthand.

We are deeply grateful to the millions of Americans who believe in my husband because they know he believes in you. He believes in America.

And he will make a fantastic President of these United States.

Melania Trump speechI come here today to talk about my husband Donald and his deep love and respect for this country, and all of its people.

I have come here to talk about this man I have known for 18 years.

And I have come here today to talk about our partnership, our family, and what I know for sure in my heart, about this man, who will Make America Great Again.

I know exactly what that means.

I grew up in a small town in Slovenia, near a beautiful river and forests. Slovenia is a small country that back then was under communist rule.

It was a beautiful childhood. My parents were wonderful.

Of course we always knew about this incredible place called America. America was the word for freedom and opportunity. “America” meant if you could dream it, you could become it.

When I was 10 years old, we learned that a man named Ronald Reagan was elected President of the United States of America.  We heard of what he was saying and doing.

President Reagan’s “Morning in America” was not just something in the United States. It began to feel like morning around the world, even in my small country. It was a true inspiration to me.

Later, I lived in Milan and Paris, working hard as a fashion model. I worked with people from all over the world.  Fashion is a business of glamour but it is also hard work.  There are ups and downs, high highs and ridicule and rejection too.

I loved my work, and as a young entrepreneur, I wanted to follow my dreams to a place where freedom and opportunity were in abundance. So of course I came here.  Living and working in America was a true blessing. But I wanted something more. I wanted to BE an American.

After a 10-year process, which included many visas and a green card, in 2006, I studied for the tests and became a US citizen. This is the greatest privilege in the world.

I am an immigrant. And let me tell you…no one values the freedom and opportunity of America more than me, both as an independent woman and as someone who emigrated to America.

Love of this country is something we immediately shared when I met Donald. He loves this country and he knows how to get things done. Not just talk.

He certainly knows how to shake things up, doesn’t he?

He knows how to make real change. Make America Great Again is not just some slogan…it is what has been in his heart since the day I met him.

Over the years of our marriage I have watched my husband grow more and more concerned as he sees American workers suffer.

I have watched him get frustrated as he sees parents struggle to care for their children while working outside the home.

I have watched him as he sees, over and over again, policies that make our country less strong, less secure and less safe. Every time my husband learned of a factory closing, in Ohio or North Carolina or here in Pennsylvania, I saw him get very upset.

He could see what was happening. He saw the problems. And he always talked about how he could fix them.

My family is truly blessed. The most important thing we have in our family is health and love and loyalty. Donald has built a very successful company.

The privilege to go to work each day, to do a job that he loves, alongside of his adult children. That is a great blessing for any parent. He had a great and fulfilling life.

But Donald knew he could not sit by any more and watch what was happening in our country.

And that is when this campaign — this movement — began.

Trump rally mississippi

As Donald travels the country he has asked some simple but very important questions:

What kind of a country do we want?

Do we want a country that is safe, with secure borders?

Do we want a country where every American gets a fair shot?

Do we want a country that honors our Constitution?

Do we want a country that honors life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

Do we want a country that respects women and provides them with equal opportunity?

Do we want a country where every child has access to a good education?

Do we want our children to be safe and secure and dream big dreams?

Do we want a president who is beholden to know one but you, the American people?

Do we want a president who is a fighter for us and will never give up?

Then we want Donald Trump to be our President.

People have asked me, if Donald is the President, what kind of First Lady will you be?

It will be my honor and privilege to serve this country.

I will be an advocate for women, and for children. Let me tell you a little more about what that means to me.

I am a full-time mother to our son Barron, an incredible boy. As his father travels around the country running for President, I am with our son. We talk a little bit about politics, and a lot about life, homework and sports.

Barron has many privileges and advantages. We know how fortunate we are. Still, I have the same conversations with my son that many of you have with your sons and daughters, and nieces and nephews, grandchildren and godchildren.

I want my little boy to know that he is blessed to have been born in a country that values individual freedom and constitutional democracy.

I want our children in this country, and all around the world, to live a beautiful life, to be safe and secure. To dream freely of love and a family of their own someday.

trump-family-4We need to teach our youth American values. Kindness, honesty, respect, compassion, charity, understanding, cooperation.

I do worry about all of our children. As we know, now social media is a centerpiece of our lives. It can be a useful tool for connection and Communication.

It can ease the isolation that so many people feel in the modern world. Technology has changed our universe.

But like anything that is powerful, it can have a bad side. We have seen this already. As adults many of us are able to handle mean words. Even lies.

Children and teenagers can be fragile. They are hurt when they are made fun of, or made to feel less, in looks or intelligence. This makes their life hard. And can force them to hide and retreat.

Our culture has gotten too mean and too rough, especially to children and teenagers.

It is never ok when a 12-year-old girl or boy is mocked, bullied or attacked. It is terrible when that happens on the playground. And it is absolutely unacceptable when it is done by someone with no name hiding on the Internet.

We have to find a better way to talk to each other, to disagree with each other, to respect each other. We must find better ways to honor and support the basic goodness of our children, especially in social media.

This will be one of the main focuses of my work if I am privileged enough to become your First Lady.

I will also work hard to improve everyday life for women. The women in America are incredible.  They are strong, intelligent, generous, committed, determined.

With opportunity, women will advance and achieve.  But some women have been left behind. I see that.

We cannot call ourselves a fully developed or advanced nation when 15% of our women live in poverty, when 16 million are without health insurance, when too many are choosing between basic needs like rent, food and health care.

This can not be. We cannot afford to have more of the same.  We must break with the failures of the past and embrace a future that is worthy of this great nation and her beautiful people.

We must win on November 8th. And we must come together as Americans.  We must treat each other with respect and kindness, even when we disagree.

I will be there to support my husband’s efforts to help all Americans when he is president. Donald Trump will make America fair. He will make America safe. He will make America prosperous. He will make America proud.

And, yes, this man I know so well, Donald Trump,

With your help and God’s grace, we will Make America Great Again.

Thank you.

God bless you!

And God bless this beautiful country.

~ Melania Trump

trump with melania

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias. Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to Transcript – Melania Trump Speech In Pennsylvania: “An American Inspiration”…

1. wodiej says:

Now that’s class.

2. Finalage says:

Amazing woman, amazing speech! We are so fortunate as a nation for God’s grace! Every time the nation has faced a precipice or defining time, He has sent us leaders that fit the times to lead us forward! Trump was made for a time such as this! GOTV!! MAGA!!!

3. tappin52 says:

Melania is a lovely woman and she gave a very beautiful speech. I would be proud to say that she is the First Lady of these United States of America.

4. dot48 says:

The speech she should have given at the convention and AROUND the country! She is a class act!

5. Bull Durham says:

Here’s a link to the Melania rally. She is introduced by Mrs. Pence at 1:00:00.

6. MMinLamesa says:

It was a pure pleasure to watch her speak. Especially after…well you know.

If you want to play a drinking game where you’ll remain totally sober, have a drink every time she shows up wearing the kitchen drapes as First Lady.

7. SPMI says:

Wonderful Truthfulness!

8. Pam says:

This was a beautiful speech. Melania is truly a very classy lady.

9. NJF says:

She did really well. I think she was more nervous than the convention, b/c she knew the msn would be looking to pounce…..well of course they were last time too, but this time she really understood how nasty these people are.

She was wonderful, beautiful, and heartfelt.

Can’t wait to refer to her as FLOTUS!!!

• beatriz824 says:

i actually like that she seems somewhat nervous….what normal person wouldn’t be!

what scares me most is a slick talker, well versed in lies and could look straight at the camera and lie through their ugly yellow teeth….yeah that would be you hillary!

10. Patriot 1 says:

I wish I could find a woman like that to marry. Such poise and grace and heart felt love for her country.

• bonnibrai says:

There is nothing the Obamas can say or do that would convince me they love their country.I haven’t seen that demonstrated once on the last eight years.I will be so happy to see them gone!

• justfactsplz says:

I know it must be a hard search in these times. Hang around some rallies or get involved with local politics. She’s out there somewhere searching for someone like you.

• unconqueredone says:

She’s out there, I had to wait a long time and thought “she” was the one many times. Keep looking. Remember: similarities are money in the bank while “opposites attract” in a positive way ONLY if they are complementary, not an agitation.

11. Linda says:

I loved her mention of Reagan and how Morning in America also meant Morning in the rest of the world. When Trump is elected, the whole world is going to be better off.

12. WSB says:

Listened to it while driving and the sound in the hall was not altered from what I can tell. A resounding response. Melania’s mention of growing up in a communist country was not lost on me, and it should not be lost on anyone else. She knows.

Thank you, Melania.

13. janc1955 says:

Thanks for the transcript, Sundance! 🙂

14. woohoowee says:

Karen Pence gave Melania a wonderful introduction, and Melania gave us a Victory sign when she took the stage. Superb job, ladies 🙂

15. fedback says:

I am very proud of Melania Trump and Karen Pence.
    After the savage treatment the media gave Melania at the convention it was very courageous to speak in front of the United States and the world.
    She and Mrs. Pence are very fine role models

16. Erik Dee says:

I’m getting emotionally attached to this family. I need Trump for President and his family to be my First Family!

17. JC says:

When she said it would be her “honor and privilege to serve as First Lady,” I believed her. The contrast between this gracious, elegant American and the Enemy Shrew who wants to usurp the Presidency, is revolting. It is simply obscene to try to make a comparison.

Never has the chasm been so wide between the competing Parties in an election cycle. President and First Lady (or, in hrc’s case, First Feeb); Vice President and Second Lady; the children and their families; indictment, no indictment🙄. Such extreme differences.

We are blessed, and our beautiful country will be abundantly blessed beginning Tuesday evening.

18. mightyconservative says:

God bless the heart of this woman….she is beautiful, inside and out.

19. Mr. Morris says:

My Mom came to America legally when she was just 16 years old. She was sponsored by a family who as sponsors had to pay the Government and guarantee that my Mom would not be a burden to this country. Mom learned English, studied for a profession, and studied hard to become an American citizen. She took the Citizenship Test, passed it and became a proud American citizen.
    She never forgot the beautiful country she came of course and she and Dad, who was born in the U.S., took my sibling and me to visit her Mom and many brothers and sisters when we were in elementary school.
    I can relate to Melania and her experience.

• My son in law also became a naturalized citizen five years ago.

He also had to spend around $700 dollars on fees before he could take the test that he had studied for six months to pass.

Another reason why I have a problem with illegal immigrants myself.

20. Yaya says:

What an honor it would be to have as First Lady Melania Trump. Truly the epitome of class!

21. Gail says:

Wow! That was moving! I found myself tearing up a few times. Her deep heartfelt sincerity was definitely felt. What a beautiful woman inside and out.

22. Miss America says:

This speech is a direct contradiction to all the criticisms and hate leveled at Mr. Trump, especially on immigration and the “Trump says mean things” meme.

23. George says:

If I had never met her, I could turn on the rally, close my eyes and know she was a beautiful woman. A beautiful heart is all you need to be a beautiful woman! MSM doesn’t know what that means. That’s a beautiful woman and gorgeous as well.

24. teaforall says:

We will be Honored to have Melania as our FIRST LADY

25. If she even put together two words that were ever spoken in public before there will be charges of plagiarism. Those haters can shove it.

26. MTeresa says:

Seriously……someone advising Mrs. Cinton about what to wear must have a deep seated hatred of women, but has mastered the art of snowing them into thinking that the crap they are peddling is stylish. Wow. That last photo of her with the ditz Cher absolutely reaks – I think I just threw up a little in my mouth 😦

27. the5thranchhand says:

Melania is a beloved treasure that will enrich our lives, and our country, with her charm, grace and intellegence, all wrapped up in a beautiful package. Melania will be an elegant, but witty First Lady! Love her and the whole family.

28. Gabby R. says:

I read this entire speech in Melania’s beautiful accent haha

29. MfM says:

She didn’t seem nervous at all. Even though she was reading from the teleprompter, it seemed natural and unhurried. She didn’t talk over people cheering and did very well.

I’m glad I went.

30. Pigg says:

Keep her out on the trails. She’s an asset!

• MfM says:

No protesters interrupted her, and she was given a warm welcome. I hope it was a positive experience and she feels good enough about it to do more.

There were a few protesters outside, but not many.

31. suejeanne1 says:

God bless you, Melania Trump – you are a lady, first – then, dear God willing, you will be OUR First Lady – thank you for demonstrating courage and grace – which is poise, a beautiful word but the concept has been somewhat neglected in our culture in the past 40 or 50 years – thank you!
    (and thank you also to Sundance for posting the transcript)

32. justfactsplz says:

Melania will be a very classy and lovely first lady. She did very well in this speech.

Megyn was already attacking her this evening for talking about internet bullying when her husband is a bully. I want to see Megyn go down hard and lose it all. I watch these idiots to know what they’re up to. After watching their reaction and splodey heads election night I will be happy and click them off.

• georgiafl says:

Agree. Me-GYN Kelly is an ugly, bitter, angry woman.

• Bull Durham says:

How about MK and Jason Chaffetz? Chaffetz was there to discuss how he voted for a “pussy grabber”. MK floated, what if Trump assaults women when he is President like he is accused with all these women? Of course, Chaffetz never shut that line of questioning down. And it is MK’s sexual predator meme she will continue to use until someone buries her. The little breakfast meeting with Ivanka apparently did not do the job.

Skank is building her resume to go elsewhere.

• justfactsplz says:

Chaffetz was on again off again with Trump. I’m glad he voted for him though. The Skank should remember her racy photos and seedy affairs before she throws stones at Trump or anyone else.

• TrumpFanGirl says:

MK is a bully that gets very angry when the snake turns.

• ShrinkRap says:

A bit of a dissenting opinion here … I really liked her speech, but only up until her shift to the topic of protecting children from bullying, and specifying cyber-bullying.

I see this focus as part of the unfortunate trend towards the wussifying and de-masculinization of our culture, a trend that has been systematically ushered in by by the Left to weaken us, and one which leads to the sort of weak-kneed nonsense found in the younger generations in recent decades. This focus in her speech reminded me of some of the same sort of nonsense that Laura Bush and Michele Obama thought to focus on in their roles as First Lady, and those were to our detriment as a culture, IMHO.

Cyber-bullying me over this dissenting opinion, BTW, will be handled appropriately – I don’t need maternal or regulatory protection from it because I was taught and learned through experience and necessity at an early age exactly how to deal with bullies.

• justfactsplz says:

Well, if you have been hanging around here very long you would know that I’m not a bully. Everyone has a right to a dissenting opinion. I think critical thinking and logic should be exercised by all of us.

33. Mar says:

God Bless her. I am a mom. I can’t help but think a part of her heart was feeling for their young son too. Hillary Clinton and her campaign and their surrogates have been disgusting with their attacks on Mr. Trump. No evidence. No witnesses. Their poor son has to hear all of these accusations about his Daddy. NO Hillary! The end does not justify the means. You are attacking a little boys Dad. You and your sick line up of liars should be ashamed. So very ashamed!

34. Buck Turgidson says:

Well done Melania! What a humble, honest, and big-hearted lady. For all of Donald’s brashness, he too has a heart of gold and loves this country and its people. Look at how he connects with people at his rallies. He is an honest and sincere guy. He never wanted to run for president and he doesn’t need the fame or the headaches. His opponent is just the opposite, an out of control narcissist lying stinking criminal psycho who is in it for the power and money and ability to destroy other people and what’s left of this country. Let’s restore humility and humanity to the White House, and stop fighting and start working better together to make this country more prosperous and safer. TRUMP 2016

35. Major Styles says:

She would be a tremendous inspiration for young American women. Instead of role models like Lena Duhnam and Amy Shumer, they would see a woman who carries herself with elegance.

36. diddle40 says:

That was a good speech, inspiring many.

Just would have been good if she hadn’t, in the past, taken all her clothes off to model. She says it’s art. Maybe to some. Mary and Elizabeth (biblical) were both really circumspect about their bodies and kept covered up.

Just saying though i know many won’t like it.

37. tammy says:

TRUMP always picks the winner! Her beauty is breathtaking. She will be the best First Lady of our time! TRUMPENCE/FENCE!

38. Pingback: HEARTBREAKING: Liberals Bully Trump’s 10 Year Old Son, Call Him “Autistic”. Melania Trump THREATENING A Lawsuit. (MUST SEE NOW!) – The PATRIOTIC PERSPECTIVE w/ TRENT H. WALLER