The Sixty Three Hundred Billion Dollar Question…

Just because the so-called “conservative” and “liberal” punditry and politicos refuse to answer this question, doesn’t mean we should stop asking it.

In 2009 President Obama along with congress passed the roughly $900 billion stimulus bill, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

The “non-shovel ready” spending took place within fiscal year 2010/2011. The amount is significant because the injected stimulus was 30% more than the entire federal budget for the same year.

Debt ceiling - failed stimulis

However, since Fiscal Year 2008 we’ve never had a federal budget, preferring instead to fund government via base-line budgeting, continuing resolutions, increased in the debt ceiling, and omnibus spending.

As a direct result of the “baseline-budgeting” part of that spending approach, the federal government re-spent the ’09 “Stimulus” (first spent in FY ’10) in all subsequent fiscal years: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (started last October), and 2017 (December’s Paul Ryan Omnibus bill).

That’s seven direct times the $900 billion “Stimulus” has been spent.

Seven times $900 billion equals $6.3 Trillion, or sixty three hundred billion.

Where is it?

What did we get for it?

What are we currently getting while continuing to spend it?

Remember, this is IN ADDITION TO the original funding of government. This is ADDITIONAL SPENDING.

So, where is it?

What did we get for it?

Where is it currently accounted?

Some people might enjoy talking about gender bathrooms or Donald Trump’s 1990’s dating habits. Me, notsomuch. I’m rather curious about where sixty three hundred billions have disappeared – and it appears no-one associated with political discussions, and that includes “conservative punditry” seems the least bit curious on where this money has gone.

Where is it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Warmest regards.

Baby Newt

Obama Big Addicted Spender

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2016, Harry Reid, Legislation, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Professional Idiots, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

261 Responses to The Sixty Three Hundred Billion Dollar Question…

1. deanbrh says:

Wow, a giant HOPE sucker-upper is roaring through my brain, wondering how Trump will survive to July, much less November. Too many have too much to lose.

2. golfmann says:

And we’re not even getting the SIGNS anymore…

3. 180daysofkindergarten says:

My pea brain can barely comprehend these numbers but I well understand the concept. I recently watched “The Big Short”. I am skeptical what I am missing as it was created by Hollywood but I thought it did an excellent job of depicting the financial fraud that occurred.
    What am I missing besides that what is going on in Washington makes “The Big Short” look little?
    I agree, the uniparty has an incredible amount to lose, I can imagine that they will stop at nothing to put one of their own in the WH.

• Duhders says:

It follows the book quite closely. My summation of the book’s underlying message:

The federal gov’t (by way of GWB) aided (if not abetted) Wall Street by loosening the requirements/oversight on lending to continue the massive swelling of the CDO derivatives market. Wall Street took advantage and then lost control in its greed for more. The rest is lottery winner type stuff: little guy won, then lost his fortune, etc.

So sure, let’s blame the government, the lending/insurance/banking companies, Wall Street, but you know who isn’t taking the blame? And this is the part that angers me the most, is the people who don’t take personal responsibility for learning what they can/cannot afford. I was living in FL during the housing bubble (I was in my early 30’s, not earning much at the time ~$16/hr) and was questioning how all these people could afford and how was it that these houses could sell for the insane prices they were asking. Turns out, my spidey senses were accurate…and we lived in NE FL where it wasn’t even the worst.

The wife has a statement that I whole heartedly endorse: “Stupidity should be more painful.”

• 180daysofkindergarten says:

Thanks for the reply. I think everyone should watch that movie, especially the younger generation. Stupidity should be more painful but the other thing that should be more painful is a government (including Wall Street) that encourages the stupidity of people for their own insane profits.
        I like in the movie where it says that they started selling again in 2015.
        Lesson learned. Its all a scam.

• Ditto. I live in Tampa and had moved here in 1996. The growth in house prices, the insane levels of construction, a good deal “on spec,” even the size of typical new home construction (McMansions) coupled with the fact that salary and wages HADN’T grown to levels that might support that level of total new mortgage debt had me predicting a looming crisis. In fact, I noticed a disturbing downward pressure on wages (people’s jobs being “offshored” and having to take a new job for a smaller salary) and that much of that new construction activity was using illegal alien labor, and I mean for things like masonry, drywall, electrical work, painting; all those jobs that, yes, you can get Americans to do, but not for half the going rate.

And let’s not forget the role of the Democrats in Congress in that debacle. Democrats wanted their constituents to have access to easy mortgage money, they had the ACORN network siphoning off funds in the financing process and spitting it back into congressional campaign re-election funds, and when some tried to raise even a quavering hand to ask about it, shouts of “racism” and “elitism” were heard. Yes, Bush regulatory agencies should have been more forceful no doubt. But Congress has it’s “oversight” and funding mechanisms and it can derail any effort by an agency to regulate something the donor class would rather they didn’t.

• dmi60ex says:

Don’t forget the Community Reinvestment Act , the Federal Government, banks, .Fannie ,Freddie just thought they could create wealth thru lending to everyone, doesn’t work

• BryanS says:

I was also skeptical of the movie The Big Short….then I read the book….everyone should and it will make you even more mad at what happened and the failure of the press to adequately report it.

• Jeanna M. Clever says:

we have to make sure that only the best of the best are in Trump’s secret service detail and no one decides that the bullet proof vest won’t be necessary since it is only a short distance from here to the car (this is how hinkley got off a “lucky” shot). Regan was just as much a threat to the UniParty as Trump is now, but hopefully Trump will choose a like minded VP instead of a political compromise.

• singtune says:

It WAS Bush#1 that hobbled Reagan~!

• rashamon says:

I think Jimmy Carter started the mess as I remember lots of upset people in the credit rating agencies. MBAs who quit there jobs and went into organic farming. Mr. Trump has been the most seriously honest analyst of our shady government since whenever — Ike tried to make a comment, but he was not sufficiently blatant. My brother tells me that my memories of Taft vs. Eisenhower age me. So?

4. MVW says:

Another month survived, 8 months to go until Obama is gone. Once it gets to the point where it is obvious Trump will win watch the hyper drama and hysteria. Fortunately, the socialists are still in full denial.

5. Jon612 says:

I propose removing Quadrillion from the dictionary and replacing it with Patrioticillion. If we just keep moving the decimal to the left, we can solve ALL of our financial problems by simply making the number smaller. Think about it, we are only 0.0018 Patrioticillion in debt. This is small beans compared to the guy the owes 30,000.00 on a mini van. Maybe I’m wrong, 18T is 2 less keystrokes then .0018P and perhaps that is why I would not be a good politician.

6. Backspin says:

6300 Billion ( NOTES ) , borrowed from the ‘ Private ‘ Federal Reserve @ interest. FRN’s ( federal reserve notes ) are not money , it’s a money substitute. Only gold & silver are LAWFUL money.
    The Owners of the Central Banks , here and world-wide seek to take as collateral Real wealth as payback for debt illusion. ( End The Fed – Repudiate the debt )
    See : Report From Iron Mountain , section 6 – Substitutes for Functions of War.
    ( Wasteful spending ‘ outside ‘ normal supply / demand system. )

• ginaswo says:

and to avoid hyperinflation that would have followed, they eliminated wage inflation via mass migrations of cheap labor to our shores to suppress wages, and crushed the greenback

• Duhders says:

Math and logic are required here (which is why this illusion is able to be sustained for so long in each society) to understand the real reason why every civilization has and will fail upon itself:

There are a finite number of resources out of which we are creating an “infinite” number of fake valued paper to distribute amongst an ever increasing population.

This is what the establishment doesn’t want to be learned and why raiding other countries for their resources has and will always happen…we need resources.

The system is a giant house of cards with a ponzi scheme as the front door.

• annieoakley says:

It is working.

• cjzak says:

It blows my mind to think we are paying the Fed interest and that they have so much control over the movement of money in the country and world. Why can’t we push for a set up like one of our states has–I believe it’s SD—whereby they have their own state bank and consequently are not in debt? I’m no financial wiz so maybe I have that all completely wrong, but why are we so stuck with the Fed as our banker du jour? I know I know, way too intertwined now and complicated to extricate ourselves from I guess, But there needs to be some sort of solution other than bankruptcy and starting all over. The greed of some of the power brokers of the world and our own country is just beyond comprehension. What for? It’s like a crazy addiction for these people to accumulate more and more and be the richest in the world for some strange reason. Kind of sick, really.

• Backspin says:

” Let me control a nations currency and I care not who makes its laws .” M.A. Rothschild

If we had an honest gang of 535 in congress , the Fed could be discontinued by legislation.
        Regulatory $$$$$ Capture prevents it.

7. Clc says:

I remember newt was asked by a caller on Sean hannity why he never stopped the automatic 7% increase each year in the budget. He could only say he now regretted not doing it. He had his chance and did nothing. Watch what they do or don’t do. Not what they say.

• adombom says:

Thanks for revealing a fact I was ignorant of. Now that I know, I’m not sure I want Newt anywhere near the WH.

• I can tell you why because I watched it happening. In Washington-speak, and this goes for the DC-Centric media, stopping an automatic increase in baseline spending is a “cut” in the budget. Now, never mind in most businesses and in normal people’s experience, a budget cut means you get less money next year than you have this year; in the DC-verse, getting an increase that is less than you had wanted is what they called a cut. And the media through willing culpability or simple indolent ignorance went along with that, and Republicans were pelted with charges of starving children and stopping medicine for the elderly. Keep in mind, that the GOPe were in charge of both houses for the first time in decades and they wanted to maintain that status quo at all costs; so they turned coward whenever they got those scorched earth tactics as push-back.

Although he’s been a disappointment to me this election season, a good overview of that era and conservative frustration with the GOPe can be had in Tom Coburns’s 2003 book Breach of Trust.

8. Khazar says:

Folks, the current TSA problem is a great example. DHS asked for 4,000+ new screeners in the last budget; the Congress gave them only a few hundred temporary ones to bridge the gap until “Pre-Screening” and some magic new tech would come along, then added a boatload of earmarks to buy specific things from specific companies for the amount they wanted spend on more screeners. Now we have lines around the terminal.

This happens with every Dept. from NASA to the Dept. of the Interior. It’s why, despite big budgets, these orgs can’t provide with basic services. Earmarks require them to spend their budget on crap they don’t need instead of provisioning services. Yes, there is some incompetence but it’s largely the graft spending Congress requires.

• flova says:

Turn anything over to the government and it turns to crap. Private enterprise is the only thing that works. We will be Venezuela if Clinton or Sanders gets in. All Trump has to do is keep showing photos of the Venezuelan nightmare next to Hillary and Bernie until it is burned into the zombies’ skulls.

• kellymoncus says:

I suspect that that $900 Billion plus the 7% addition to the baseline would pay for the tuition and books for every student in the State Universities nationwide. God, how did we get in this mess.

• J Miller says:

Yes but giving the money to the universities would only increase their power to mislead our children. We need to also replace the people running our schools and universities with American patriots who will teach children skills they can use in their careers. Our society is broken in every area. Even with 2 terms and full compliance by Congress, Trump will only be able to scratch the surface of all that needs to be done to turn our nation around.

• Bob says:

Of course you are correct and the it needs to be fixed. But as to TSA, they should be completely eliminated along with the Patriot Act, which is just another unlawful act to gain more control over our Citizens….Most have no idea the extent the Act goes into related to complete control.

9. shadowcole says:

Did anyone here see Lou Dobbs last night? He TORE up Rep. Steve King from IA. OMG, it was fantastic. Lou is a great patriot and loves Trump. My husband and I were cheering while watching. We even had to rewind the DVR and watch parts again. I mean it was a huge but wuppin! King thinks he is a king, he of course supported Cruz. He still can’t accept Trump is the nominee. If you haven’t seen it, you’ve got to watch it.

• flova says:

This weenie Cruzbot King is one of the many reasons Congress has a single-digit approval rating. What a coward. “I’m working toward” supporting Trump?! Go to you-know-where, Rep King. You are an idiot..

• Drazil says:

wow, just beautiful.

• rashamon says:

Thank you. It’s impossible to keep up with all the nonsense. King is a frigging idiot. We seriously need a list of people to oust. Trump is the most conservative candidate since I can’t remember when. I hope Barry Goldwater is laughing, chuckling, smiling behind a nicely ironed linen napkin. I don’t think any of these guys have ever read The Constitution.

• Delora4Trump says:

I watched it last night and loved it!!!
      My favorite part was when King was yammering on about what needed to be in the Republican platform and Lou said something to the effect “How did that work out for you in the last two elections?”
      Lou Dobbs is my new go to guy in the media right now.

• dutzie60 says:

I like how he got him to admit that there is an open border faction in Congress. Not too often, if ever, you hear it so blatantly stated. Paul, Mr. Working toward endorsing, Ryan being the gang leader of that faction.
        King’s holding off to see if Cruz can pull of his ridiculous coup at the convention. That’s why he said he’s waiting until the convention to endorse with a smirk. What a fool.

10. Joe says:

I believe Trump and Nehlen have a winning issue in their respective campaigns.

11. cjzak says:

Good question. I suggest we send this to Trump and ask him to find out and let us know. I am praying when he gets elected, he can solve some of these mind boggling conundrums and clue us all in to what the heck is happening to our tax dollars. Then hopefully he can correct the problems, at least some of them anyway.

12. Betty says:

A day or so ago my son and I were talking about Hillary and Bill Clinton and I told him about all the relief money sent to Hati through Bill Clinton and GW Bush, that there was enough money sent to make every inhabitant of that small island a millionaire, yet they still live in poverty.

I tried to divide the population of the United States by the trillions spent to get an idea of what has gone on here in the past 8 years. My search resulted in the population in 2015 as 320,090,857 people, 320.1 million people – is that right?

I tried to divide that by the number sixty three hundred billion and I think I must have thrown up a mental block because I can’t believe the result. Really, I have no confidence in my result.
    Will someone else calculate it for me?

• testpointwp says:

$19,681.91 per person.
      As a check on this result convert to exponent notation
      $6300 billion = 6.3 * 10^12
      320,000,000 = 3.2 * 10^8
      divide 6 by 3 = 2, subtract the exponents 12 – 8 =4
      2* 10^4 = $20,000 close enough for government work.

• rashamon says:

Your numbers work for me. Expand that to Jamaica, Puerto Rico, the entire Caribbean, South America, etc. and you began to wonder. A gentlemen from Senegal worked at our local grocery while getting his B.A. as a physician’s assistant and then returned home because his father died (not because our government realized his visa had long expired). I got a phone call asking for cash and a way to return.

No, stay in Senegal and make that a better place to live.

13. Unless I missed something, the federal budget in 2010-11 was $2.2 trillion. So the stimulus was a little less than half the budget, not 30% more. Am I wrong about this?

14. thegoldman says:

I have been wondering the same thing too…

For five years now…

To who, what or where is that money…

It is somewhere…

And i want an accounting for it…

We all know that it is not spent on Americans…

Civil wars have started for a lot less…

15. Tiger.red says:

Wait, what?!? The initial $900B has been reallocated EACH year since 2010??

I’m ashamed to admit I didn’t know that. It is getting nearly impossible to keep up with the numerous ways we are getting hosed.

• singtune says:

After I retired in 1997~~I started researching to FIND out what was going on~~as I realized it was Bad & I could See what was occurring in the Public schools by then, because i was A teacher. But Once i found out, i could See Clearly that the General Population was Too Bush Working & Watching Big Name Sports {Distractions} etc. & really Did NOT Want to see the TRUTH~! But Now the TIME has Come~~because a Strong Forthright LEADER has come On the Scene~! Most of us Now KNOW there is a HUGE Problem, so~~ “We Need to Go with TRUMP”~~ {a chance we have been Blessed with} ~~or we will be Venezuela or worse~!

16. Paco Loco says:

The US Federal government now runs the greatest Ponzi scheme in history. It’s the ultimate racket using fiat money, debt and tax contributions in a RICO like none other. The wealth of the country has been fleeced by a cabal of politicians, unionists and their corporate backers. It’s more than crony capitalism, it’s facism and a criminal conspiracy that is so powerful it controls All aspects of our “free society”. Americans lives are now under the complete control of this demonic cabal. We are under the thumb of endless regulation and laws and dictated to by an enormous law enforcement that has created a police state to control all aspects of daily living and dieing. It’s quite an illusion to believe that we are a free people. We are not and the NWO is marching towards a global caliphate to enslave us and our children and their children to pay for the trillions of debt that can never be repaid. The masses have been quelled with TV, movies and cheap entertainment and seem to blindly move in compliance because they have been educated and trained to be compliant by the “true believers”‘, the commie/socialists, who themselves are pawns in the greatest RICO of all time. Round and round she goes, where it stops nobody knows?

17. Ivehadit says:

This.is.so.INFURIATING! Is this what we pay our congressmen to do?!!

18. emma says:

Is there any way to fix this mess? Maybe, if there is a way, I believe Trump is the guy who can figure it out.

If there’s no way to fix it and we collapse, it’s going to be bad. Really, really bad.

• J Miller says:

The single biggest problem will be trying to get the Senate and House to go along with the fix. They don’t give up money easily. When was the last time you heard of politicians giving up money? That’s Trump’s biggest challenge.

19. rashamon says:

I think Mr. Trump actually called for an audit of The Fed, privately held by a cabal of exquisitely wealthily families. Oh, whose shifting stuff now?

• greenmakescents says:

Donald Trump said it was important to audit the Fed and who was it that missed the vote? None other than Ted Cruz. That says a lot about him, more insider than anyone thought.

20. Backspin says:

” Banking Institutions are more dangerous to our Liberties than standing armies” T. Jefferson
    We were warned , it is still NOT TO LATE.
    More quotes & history here > www the Money Masters .COM

21. ZZZ says:

take lessons from Dave

22. Diane R says:

I don’t believe the ARRA was anymore than a one time act — I don’t think became part of ongoing annual appropriates.

• Nightcrawler says:

Diane R.-
      I read an article a month or two ago that was asserting there is no living person who knows exactly how many federal government agencies actually exist. There are only rough estimates of around 1,200 or so.

It gives one pause, when contemplating the government’s own figures regarding the stimulus, as to how comprehensive they may be. I noticed the date on the ‘propublica’ chart was 2010.

I do not know, one way or the other, but I don’t think this chart establishes a contradiction to Sundance’s assertion that the +/- $800 billion continues to be part of the annual spending approval process.

I’d be delighted to find out that it was truly a ‘one time event’, but my gut is telling me somebodies, somewhere, have to use extension ladders to get in and out of bed because there is so much cash stuffed under the mattress!

23. LANE says:

excellant article .. we need to ask this quetion to the cows come home. We need to especially some how get this on the nevertrumps websites. We need to stop these lampreys in thier tracks NOW .. I have been writing my representatives from PA for years asking them where is the money going but this is so well framed. I will be editing this and sending this out to them on a weekly basis till the election since all of them are anti Trump .. As you know they won’t care. They will start tripping over them selves to cover thier own tracks and come up with some skate goats but its good for them to know we know :-)) . It a shame

that others just think its a conservative thing, they are sore losers. No my friends they are afraid of being exposed.

24. Duhders says:

Found part of the 900 billion! They reference this program has doubled in dollar expenditure in the past 5 years.

25. PatriotGalNC says:

Folks…This is the dry tinder that these THIEVES have created for themselves. They are walking around their exclusive homes, with no having to rub elbows with we, The Vulgarians. But. while they are making their deals, and lying to their constituents…We The People are waiting. The matches have been gathered.

I would hate to be any and all of them now.

26. Stu Cvrk says:

I believe that the $900B was a one-shot deal authorized in 2008 and appropriated in 2009. I believe this article is incorrect that an additional $900B has be reauthorized and reappropriated every year since then.