Active Duty Military Poll: Donald Trump 54%, Hillary Clinton 25%…

A poll of active military personnel conducted by Military Times shows Donald Trump with more than a 2-to-1 lead within the military service community.  We actually saw the first statistical evidence of this surface in the Virginia Republican Primary:

2 candidate trump vs clinton military poll

(Via Military Times) In a new survey of American military personnel, Donald Trump emerged as active-duty service members’ preference to become the next U.S. president, topping Hillary Clinton by more than a 2-to-1 margin. However, in the latest Military Times election survey, more than one in five troops said they’d rather not vote in November if they have to choose between just those two candidates.

But given only those choices, 21 percent of the service members surveyed said they would abstain from voting.More than 54 percent of the 951 troops Military Times surveyed said they would vote for Trump, the presumed Republican presidential nominee, over Clinton, the Democratic front-runner. Only about 25 percent said they would vote for Clinton in that matchup.  (read more)

military poll

(Data Source Link)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Military, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

132 Responses to Active Duty Military Poll: Donald Trump 54%, Hillary Clinton 25%…

• yy4u says:

Who the 25% are I want to know.

• Timmy-the-Ute says:

• SoulMan says:

My point here is that there are many Great females serving our country.

• SoulMan says:

Just one of many who paid the ultimate price for her country.

• maiingankwe says:

I dare anyone to watch your second video, and not get a tear in their eye.
                Thank you for sharing both.
                Ma’iingankwe

• Grannysue says:

I don’t know if people remember what happened to a military plane carrying our militaries ballots it crashed and burned right when the 2012 elections were taking place. And some military men were never sent ballots to fill out. I hope the people living in states work to make sure the militaries bores are counted. Historically the military goes republican.

• Grannysue says:

Meant ballots, sorry.

• Jenny R. says:

I know that it is a common thing for military votes to not be counted. My children didn’t receive their ballots until well after the election in ’08, and again in ’12. They just gave up (with bitterness, but gave up).
                  I think the historical military = Republican thing may be of the past. Like the rest of us they have been disillusioned by both political parties.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I wish I had been encouraged to join the Marines as a young woman. I would have been incredibly proud to have served. It literally wasn’t something that even crossed my mind when I was young and foolish.

• Jenny R. says:

My father was a Marine scout-sniper, later a DI. He discouraged me from the Marines because he thought it was ridiculous for women to be trained as riflemen first…and because he loved me and knew what awaited as there were still men thinking like him in the Marines at the time. He suggested the Air Force or Navy, maybe the Army. A nice desk job at strategic after proving yourself capable of the male qualifications in basic so nobody can say you were given special favors as a female…
                To a certain extent, their bias does have merit…women have no business being riflemen. My husband (Ranger) and I suggested to our daughters the Air Force or Navy, maybe the Army.
                There are some good women in our services, but unfortunately more than a few of them are politically correct appointees who do nothing but further damage our military morale and readiness.

• averagechump says:

I’m sorry but I just cannot take those female “soldiers” seriously. The average female has the strength of a 14 year old boy. What a joke.

• Jimmy Jack says:

They need to be disciplined for this. It’s disrespectful and a violation of academy policy. Let’s see if the new female noncombatant dean has a backbone.

• mcfyre2012 says:

Single females, single-parent females, dead-heads who have only ever voted democrat all their lives.

• Bull Durham says:

The Obama Warriors, socially correct. Not ever going to fight to win. A burden on the professionals and specialists. Neither cannon fodder nor fighters. There to transform a great military downward.

• Jimmy Jack says:

That’s what I was wondering. How can there be 25% who support her? I’m guessing the officer corps, homosexuals and black women disproportionately make up this 25%. If we had a breakdown of each by race & sexual orientation we could demonstrate this. I’m guessing that’s why the Marine numbers are statistically significantly different than the other 3.

• MacKenzie says:

FWIW, officers are much more conservative than enlisted people. Generals tend to become politically minded squishes, but they are only a tiny fraction. I served 30 years in the army both enlisted and commissioned. That was a private, sergeant, lieutenant, and lieutenant colonel. I got to see it from all angles.

• Joe's Dad says:

If this poll were accurate, which I don’t think it is (Cankles’ actual numbers are nowhere near that high), then I would say that the 25% comes from the sector of the military that deals in mind-control experiments.

• carole says:

yy4u: That was my first question, too. It should be 0 %. How anybody in the military can vote for that woman after what she did in Benghazi is just beyond any kind of reason.

1. Marygrace Powers says:

No Brainer

2. Willy says:

So the all-volunteer military is 25% brain dead? You’d better rethink that idea about ‘the military would never fire on US citizens’….

• kpm58 says:

“A well regulated militia” is a military that follows orders.

• scott says:

A militia is not necessarily “military.” And even the military is sworn to not obey unlawful orders.

• Coldeadhands says:

“and even the military is sworn to not obey unlawful orders” every member of civilian police is sworn to uphold the constitution as well. The problem is, the pool that both military and civilian police are drawn from are getting minimal exposure to the constitution…and that’s pre common core.
          We see a more challenging debate on constitutional issues here, daily than police or military recruits are exposed to.

• mariner says:

The President is sworn not to give unlawful orders.

• joshua says:

it is very hard to recruit as they have to be drug free for at least a solid year including all ADHD and ADD med like Ritalin, etc…..had to let gays and lesbians join in order to meet recruiting quotas…and they also have too low GPA to qualify academically…..

• bar-revue says:

It may sound conspiratorial of me, but I believe the lack of military recruitment is one reason why they continue to encourage manufacturing jobs to go overseas. If young men and women have no work — won’t they be more likely to join the “volunteer” military.

• Nick says:

I agree 100% – the same forces who create our neocon wars profit off of outsourcing, and they certainly understand how one facilitates the other.

• Keln says:

Unless the military has changed a LOT since I left it in ’05, I have a hard time believing this poll. I could see maybe 60% for Trump and the rest not voting or undecided, but 25% for Hillary? Give me a break.

3. Pam says:

There are many retired service members in my family who proudly served our country. With that being said, I’m not surprised by the overwhelming support that Trump is receiving from our armed forces but I am a bit surprised to see Hillary getting 31% support from Navy service members.

4. NJF says:

I don’t ever like to criticize the rank & file, but if anyone should vote its Service members.

I don’t get it.

5. rumpole2 says:

I imagine a poll of overseas Ambassadors and diplomatic staff should show ZERO% for Crooked Hillary?

6. TwoLaine says:

This is a no brainer. ShrillBillary leaves her people to die. She doesn’t take calls at 3 AM. TRUMP for Commander in Chief!

7. SoulMan says:

USMC 60% …no surprise.
    Do these look like waiters to you?

8. formwiz says:

Sorry, guys, it’s the choice.

9. Dora says:

• Concerned says:

But QE1 was a good queen! Should have used a different picture. Who is the worst female leader ever?

• Gnu and Improved says:

That would be Hillary

• JoJo says:

Madame Mao 0 Jiang Qing – started the Cultural Revolution that killed so many Chinese that the Yang-tse River ran red. The country was so closed down at the time that the only way people in the West knew something was going on was from that river. 1960s. Horrible. I had a Chinese teacher who lived through it – she said suicide bacame common because they could not handle the cognitive dissonance that was one of the hallmarks of the Revolution.

• Athena the Warrior says:

Interesting he uses Trump’s nickname for Hillary yet doesn’t support him to my knowledge.

10. Walt says:

Really, I want to meet the 25% that would be ok with being left to die.

11. sundance says:

12. as a retiree with numerous acquaintances who are retired, separated or still on active duty, i’m astonished at just how many are hillary OR bernie supporters. when i was active, i had the unfortunate pleasure of serving side by side with foaming at the mouth obama-idiots…who STILL after almost 8 years of monumental F-ups in the arena of foreign policy think he is the greatest thing to ever happen to this country…and these are the same ones now who are raving hilary/bernie lunatics. i even had a black active duty co-worker tell me on election day in 2008, that he voted for BHO simply because he was black.

• Capitol says:

And these last few posts have been getting comments about showing our shocked faces!

• scott says:

From personal interaction with ex-military people at work, I found that it was mostly Air Force that voted Democrat. Marines, of course voted the R.

I also finds this poll interesting in how many do not want to vote.

• Ono says:

If I had a job that involved a boss who could send me off to die, or worse yet order me to kill my fellow Americans (That was never imagined prior to our current Clown in Chief) and I had an opportunity to choose who this individual was going to be…

I’d vote.

Some might be felons who can’t.

• deqwik2 says:

My ex-husband served under Carter & that is when we registered to vote so that we could get him out of office. I believe when Nov comes more of our military will be pro Trump when reality hits & they are faced with Hillary as their boss.

• Okay, hold on a second. Absolutely no one was forced into the military, it is all voluntary. If they believe life in the military is better than a college campus life with social experimentation too boot (pun intended) then it should send the message to all Americans that something very fundamental has been compromised in our military and it’s constitutional purpose.
          I’m all for bringing back the draft and all serving at the age of 18 yrs. old. And just to keep it fair, women included.
          The military is just that! The military is to secure and protect our country. It is not a social experiment.
          I hope Mr. Trump brings up the fact that our military started down the path of social experimentation under President Clinton. Since President Clinton is campaigning with his wife, First Lady, NYS Senator, Secretary Clinton for the next coronation of President Clinton; all is fair in love and war. Go for the jugular Trump!

• Ono says:

I never said they were forced. Often times young offenders are given a choice to straighten up and join up…if they want. (I have met quite a few who did just that). Sadly the military has become the last house on the block for a lot of people. Not getting quality, just someone looking for a paycheck or a way outta town.

• JoJo says:

May be true in some cases, Ono, that many in the military are “someone looking for a paycheck or a way outta town,” but the ones like that whom I have met were vastly improved. A young man I interviewed for my paper, he was polite and called me “ma’am!”. He wanted to go to college and become an engineer. I can tell you, knowing the dead-end (killed by Clinton’s national forest policy, BTW) town he came from I was mightily impressed!

• Ono says:

That is my opinion as well. The people I was referring to that I have met “grew up” and became assets to society rather than carrier criminals.

In regards to voting and making a difference in politics, (from my experience only) these individuals were more focused on keeping their coarse straight let alone a nations. They were fine with what they had become. Good soldiers

• Sheri says:

No way! My children are visually impaired and have mental health problems. Draft them if you want but they will be unable to serve.

• srr says:

As in Australia and other (Once) Western/Judeo/Christian nations, our Military have long been actively white anted by UN serving Traitors.

That so many haven’t fallen for the PC BS they are supposed to, says more for the strength of their good character, and wisdom, than the effectiveness of the insects still being highly paid to keep gnawing away at Christendoms Defence Forces.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I have great respect for the Australian forces and took time to visit museums/memorials honoring them when I visited.

13. srr says:

The extra telling thing is that Hillary gets most of her numbers from women in the military, who actually get better pay and conditions (like not getting sent out to fight but rather, getting bigger houses to live in), when they get knocked up and become single mothers.

Listen to this military woman of a military family, describe modern military life since it’s feminisation

Confessions of an Anti-Feminist

• Pam says:

What’s with the “knocked-up” reference? That’s two times now. I thought that phrase had gone the way of the dinosaurs. Maybe you could please “knock it off” and find another phrase, and don’t forget to diss the males who participated in the event,

• Jimmy Jack says:

No, it’s still used when talking about pregnancy in a derogatory way. Apparently it is common for women in the military (often single) to get pregnant to avoid deployment overseas. Military men who participate in those pregnancies don’t get the same benefit of avoiding hardship deployments. In these cases I agree with use of the phrase knocked up. It denote more than mere pregnancy.

• maiingankwe says:

srr,
      A long video, but any and all stay at home mothers should watch this. There are some things I never realized or took into consideration when I and my husband made the decision for me to stay home after the birth of our child. I was making over $25,000 more than my husband, but we knew he never would’ve made it staying home, so it was me. There has never been one day that I have ever regretted our decision, and this video just reinforces it.
      We sold our home that we built together, which was really hard, but other than that and living on a considerably smaller budget, it all went well just like it should’ve. Plus, my husband is now making that amount more than I ever was. Still on a budget, but only because we like to do family vacations every year.
      The selling of our dream home was a materialistic object if you break it down, and when I look into the eyes of our child, I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Was it hard? Heck ya! A lot of sweat and some of our blood went into building it, but there is no comparison with the miracle of a child.

• wondering999 says:

maiingangkwe: yes. The poverty of being a stay at home mom was difficult (although I came up with a weekend job that paid well when the third baby was on the way… otherwise we couldn’t have paid for health insurance)

But I wouldn’t have given up a minute. I would not tell anyone else to do as I did if she didn’t want to; everyone has to live their life in a way that satisfies their heart’s desires. A cousin who worked a well-paying, respectable position while her children were small has confessed to me that she always felt like she was supposed to be someplace else, no matter where she was, at work or at home… there was an element of misery to her split loyalties that never subsided. If you want to stay at home and can manage to do so, it is an incredible blessing in this life.

• maiingankwe says:

You’re right, it may work for one and not another, and it is a choice. This video strengthens the argument of a stay at home mom. It clearly defined how important it is to be with them for the first five years of development and how it strengthens the bond for when they are older and their more difficult teenage years.
          There is nothing wrong in getting a job after they enter school, and there is nothing wrong staying home either.
          I understand the argument of not being able to afford staying home, we just decided to downsize in all areas of our life to do it. It would’ve been impossible to keep our home without both of us working.
          I know before I had a child I thought there was nothing wrong at all with working and being a mom. I now know the strength of the bond with my child would not be there if I had. This is me. All children and people are different. There are well adjusted kids with both parents working, it just would not have worked for me and my child. I am just thankful we made the right choice that worked for our family.
          Be well, you sound like an awesome Mom.

• wondering999 says:

Thanks for the compliment… and same to you! A house is terribly hard to let go of; I admire your ability to sacrifice and prioritize.

• maiingankwe says:

It was beautiful and the kitchen? I’ve yet to see one I liked better. I spent so many hours designing it just right. It was perfect and roomy for a cook, and so beautiful to just be in. My kitchen now is so small, and sometimes I just want to kick it in frustration. But you know what? My food tastes just the same, and that is all that matters.
              You don’t need to reply, you just got me thinking of old memories, and I couldn’t hold back.
              Thank you for your kindness. Have an awesome week with your family and friends, and celebrate Trump’s victories. I’ve already done my little happy dance. Be well.

• wondering999 says:

Right before 24:00 the woman, who is in the Reserves, talks about the number of single mothers in the military because of the benefits.
      This is crazy. What happens to the kids if anything happens to the mothers?

14. Serpentor says:

I’m curious as to what the historic D/R military percentages were. I’ve always believed the military was overwhelmingly R in presidential elections, but I’ve never seen an actual number.

• scott says:

Because they don’t get to vote very often lately. Their ballots are not passed out, or they don’t get to their destination on time.

15. Peter says:

Someone help me out.

How is Hillary polling that high with military? Do these warriors love misery?

16. Ono says:

The Vets will be voting in force this year along with a large amount of Active duty soldiers.

Camp Pendleton USMC Station in Ca is a major staging area for deployment to the ME. No love for Hillary there. I can’t imagine a single officer (Commissioned or Enlisted) voting for her to be the commander in Chief. She refused to deal with a massacre (she created) in Libya. four years later I seriously doubt that she would do anything different.

The only people who I can see who would vote for Hillary might be the personal who are given the opportunity (by a judge) to wear stripes and breaks rocks for two years, or wear green and kick azz.

27 Major military bases in Ca.

17. beaujest says:

Talk about signing your own death warrant ! Did these fools miss Benghazi ?

18. It’s interesting to see that the percentages across all four military branches are almost exactly the same. Surprised the Marines have the highest percentage of not voting.

• aur1640 says:

Well, my son is 19 and in the Army. Tried to raise him as conservatively as I could. He has pride in our country. As far as voting for President is concerned, I’m still working on it. The young ones need lots of elbow grease. The older ones I’ve noticed are rock hard conservative to the soul!! The young ones just aren’t into politics or barely forming an opinion on things. I can understand why a chunk don’t want to vote. I’m still proud of my son. Still scruffy around the edges. I just love him!!

19. bar-revue says:

I am always disgusted when I hear about these “charities” that take donations to help veterans returning from active duty. Why must charities provide them with wheelchairs and dogs? That would give me pause if I were thinking about joining the military — and pause when I went into the voting booth. The VA situation alone should cause them great concern.

• wondering999 says:

Yes. I remember collection boxes for wet wipes at the outset of the second Iraq war. I thought — with the highest funding in the world, we have to send care packages with wet wipes?!! It was bizarre

• JoJo says:

Government propaganda, left over from the earlier wars. Have to get the civilian population on board, don’t you know? They have to feel they are contributing, nay, sacrificing for The Great Cause, which has now pivoted to the soldiers themselves, rather than defeating the enemy. Many don’t even know who the enemy is or where he is located. To avoid revolt at home from a largely non-war-loving population, the govt has to make them feel part of it all.

20. BobW462 says:

No worries, It’s 2:1 in Trump’s favor. The “2” is mostly the enlisted military, and the “1” is mostly “brass” – give or take a few from either group. Sounds logical to me.

The key take-away is that DJT is way ahead here!

21. Eris says:

Google did not turn up active duty military poll for Mittens vs. Obummer in May 2012.

I did found a veteran Gallup poll for May 2012:
    Veteran: Mittens 58% vs. Obummer 34%
    Nonveteran: Mittens 44% vs. Obummer 48%
    All registered voters: Mittens 46% vs. Obummer 46%

22. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Better keep a very close watch on those Military Ballots this year.

SERIOUSLY.

23. big bad mike says:

It doesn’t matter anyway – the military vote is not counted. It will be when Trump runs for re-election in 2020.

24. Eric Kennedy says:

I actually find this poll disturbing. 25 percent of these men and women not only need to think about what is good for the country, but their own on-the-job well-being.

25. WeThePeople2016 says:

It is interesting that it does not include the U.S. Coast Guard. Since during the time of war, the Coast Guard serves under the Navy, I wonder if the Coast Guard is included in the Navy’s percentage in this poll.

26. NateTorious says:

I’m betting there’s a whole lot more that like Trump, but are worried about putting it out there. It’s probably closer to 70%.

27. Peter says:

As a 24 year veteran
    Airborne Infantry and 13 years of that as an Infantry Drill Sergeant I approve of this and can attest that this sounds very accurate.

28. Scott437 says:

So based on those pie charts, it clearly looks like the Navy is the most effeminate branch, and the Marines are the alpha males.

Ooo-Rah!

29. Jimtom says:

Ok at least 10%-15% of the Hillary supporters are from the LGBTQ group as verified by higher support of Trump in Marines where the LGBTQ is more unwelcome than other services. The other Hillary supporters are diehard losers. Why?

Active duty Army is down to 1940’s levels, reserves hit equally hard.

A vote for Hillary is a vote to sustain or increase these cuts.

I’m a VET

30. uptothere says:

These results show how far 8 years of political correctness and intentional weeding out of any leadership in the officer corps has gotten us.

31. navysquid says:

I believe the Navy vote is this high hecause the Javy has been going PC and liberal for over a decade now causing many great sailors to abandon ship.

The overall poll is accurate. True story, having been on multiple deployments under Bush and Obama, anytime someone from Bush, Rumsfeld, C Rice, Cheney, etc showed up the information was never disclosed but found out thru the grapevine they would be at Camp Victory at such and such time. The al-Faw Palace would be packed and all the way up the levels of flooring overlooking the rotunda area. Now when Obama, Biden, or Hillary would be in theater they would actually email out within 20 minutes of their arrival they would be coming in…as a Intel guy this was terrible OPSEC BUT BUT they knew that if they didn’t tell some people then there would be nobody showing up…as it was the rotunda would be filled with maybe 70-100 people when it could easily hold close to 800-1000 people if you counted everyone on the stairs circling up the floors.
    The photographer would always position himself to make it appear in Stars and Stripes that it was packed. I knew it wasn’t because I works in the palace a time or two and had to walk past the crowd during work hours…what? Did I ever stop and say hi? Never.

Those were the two scenarios that showed who respected the military and was reciprocated right back…

32. Islandlifer says:

2-1? 21% abstaining? We’ve got a much larger problem within our military than I’d originally thought 😦

33. Centinel2012 says:

Reblogged this on Centinel2012 and commented:

The only question here is what is wrong with the navy?