CNN has the strongest surge in ratings in the past 14 years and now beats Fox News in the all important category of 25-54 year old viewership.  That age category drives the ad revenue determinations for the industry.

Fox News can’t say they were not warned this would be an outcome of their insufferable decision to continue promoting a media narrative in opposition to Donald Trump. The same thing happened to Macys Department Store after they dropped Trump.

roger-ailestrump media wall

(Via CNN) CNN ranked #1 in cable news in prime time in April. CNN beat Fox News for the fifth time in the last eight months in M-Su prime time (four of the past eight in M-F prime) among adults 25-54.  The last time CNN had this many prime time wins in an eight-month period versus Fox News was over 14 years ago (Nov. 2001).

CNN also handily topped MSNBC this month in all dayparts, with CNN besting MSNBC for the 22nd straight month in Total Day (among both total viewers and among adults 25-54) and in prime time (among 25-54).  In total viewers, CNN has now beaten MSNBC for the fifth straight month (or seven out of eight months) in prime time.  CNN continued to top MSNBC by wide margins during the day (9am-4pm) – posting a +36% advantage in total viewers (630k vs. MSNBC’s 464k) and +58% more among adults 25-54 (161k vs. 102k).

In April, CNN had the most growth of any television network (cable or broadcast) among both total viewers and adults 25-54, increasing triple digits in prime time.  Among ALL cable networks in April, CNN ranked #7 in total viewers in M-F prime time.  In Total Day, CNN was also up vs. last year, increasing +59% in total viewers and +48% among adults 25-54.  (read more)

(Via WJ) “Anecdotal evidence suggests a growing number of Fox viewers have been angered at the cable outlet’s perceived move to the left the last couple years, as well as its frequent criticisms of Republican presidential primary front-runner Donald Trump,” wrote Cheryl Chumley on WND. “(Megyn) Kelly, for example, came under public fire for her questioning of Trump during an August debate on Fox about his past treatment of women, and for the ensuing public spat that waged between her and the billionaire businessman for months.”

“The world of broadcast and cable television is being buffeted on all sided by competition from numerous other media sources and is hemorrhaging viewership. The odds of Fox recovering or growing their audience after the primary season is over is exceedingly slim,” wrote Steve McCann on The American Thinker. (read more)

trump media wall

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Notorious Liars, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

414 Responses to The “Trump Effect” – Fox News Joins Macy’s On The Losing End of Anti-Trump Efforts…

1. Voice of Reason says:

I am currently watching Fox News Sunday and Wallace’s interview with Trump. Following will be their “fair and balanced” panel of George Will (Trump hater), Karl Rove (Trump Hater), Juan Williams (Ultra Liberal Hillary supporter), and Kimberly Guilifoyle (leans toward Trump). Pretty imbalanced and anti-Trump.

• swissik says:

I watched it too and I was pleased how Trump held his own against Mikey who tried ever so hard to control the dialogue. IMO Trump overwhelmed Wallace handily and the latter seemed flustered. The panel “discussion” ran as usual, Kimberly G. being the only fair member of it. Double whammy of frauds with Rove and Will. Williams is ok, always predictable and boring, but seems like a nice guy.

• teddizaps says:

I stopped watching except for the business channel – although attack Trump over there as well…

From the Bimbo Kelly comment onward you could see it coming and they are getting what they deserve. They have betrayed their audience [ just as Rush and several others ] and those people are not going back.

Screw you Fox for your 24/7 attack campaign on Trump !

• Jennie says:

Trump made Mikey look like the blustering fool he is!

• highdezertgator says:

Hope you make it through Detox alright! (sarc)

• meme says:

FOX time to get rid of Rove and Wills

2. bamainatlanta says:

Fox’s treatment of Trump makes it obvious that money is not the sole drive or big media. First and foremost, it serves to push the propaganda of the military industrial complex/neocon agenda.

3. Pam says:

I just have to say that I am very happy and encouraged to see all this conversation about the news media. It is a really big deal, in the overall scheme of things, that so many of us are looking at these groups with such a skeptical eye. I can remember the days when it was only the Big 3 Networks, and most people just totally believed every word that came out of the star reporters’ mouths. They foster personality cults, we start liking certain ones (both cable and radio), and we somehow get attached to these people we don’t really know a thing about. It gets weird actually. I would scoff at fan clubs of Hollywood people and yet I was doing almost exactly the same. I did it with Limbaugh for many years. One day, as I looked once more at the completely horrible, scary state of our country, I thought: Rush, you promised you would tell us when to really worry. It’s way past time to really worry. You lied to me. That was it for me.

Same thing for politicians. Lies lies lies. I felt so stupid. I think when one gets over that, the cold anger really sets in. I’ve moved past the hating of them all. It just wears you out after some years. It’s good to feel the anger, but not hang on to it forever because it will cause such bitterness and resentment, and God doesn’t want us marinating in that.

The Founders, from all I’ve read, seemed to have a very good grasp of human nature, and human nature does not change just because a few hundred years goes by. We got complacent and soft, just going for the goodies. We left it to others to run things and let them manipulate our minds. It really needs to stop, and it looks like people here are ready to stop it. Way to go, everyone!!

• Smartly says:

Well said, Pam!

• Sandhill says:

Great comment Pam, especially the part about the wisdom of our founding fathers having a good grasp on human nature and human nature does not change. Too bad the socialists have hoodwinked the educators into teaching that our Constitution is evolving. It is just as good today as it was when it was written.

• Great points, Pam. I might add that the reason for “The Founders…very good grasp of human nature” is because, by and large, they and most of the populous back then believed in God and His Word, the Holy Bible. As a nation, we’ve thrown that away (or distort it’s intended meaning) or give lip service to it at best. What we’ve been experiencing might be summed up as “You reap what you sew”. Yes, Pam, we have “got complacent and soft”…and “left it to others”.Your growth in understanding the “manipulation” channels my own and I suspect millions of others whose eyes are now open and “are ready to stop it”. We are at the crossroads of perhaps our last chance. God, help us. Amen

• Pam says:

I totally agree with you about our society’s abandoning God and His principles and commandments, Bill. I have posted many times at CTH about my opinion on these matters. Even if a lot of folks weren’t totally faithful Christians back in the day (even when I was young), we still functioned largely with foundational morals and manners, and most everyone behaved much better. I watched it all going down the drain for many years. I have said several times that I do not assume that God has to bless America any longer, just because we ask. I believe that many good things may be possible in our country if Mr. Trump wins the election. However, although I don’t talk much about it on these political threads, I am very concerned about the state of our citizens and our country if we continue with this moral depravity. These days, I ask God to have mercy on us, rather than just saying “bless us.”

• jmclever says:

You are absolutely right. I have wondered if the one thing that the founding fathers did not see coming was the de-Christianization of America. WIthout God as the foundation, even the constitution makes no sense. As I pray for DJT, I find myself also praying, “Lord, make America yours again.”

• your tour guide says:

How to wrestle control from the populace is to discount human nature. Cutting more to the chase, the full understanding of human nature is a learned, observed, multi generational occurrence. Wisdom. What’s occurred, in hyperspeed, over the last 60 years is initially the discounting of wisdom (through statement and ridicule). Once the process is sufficiently underway, then the big guns come out. Censorship and jailing for
      wisdom when it goes against the power structure.
      “Don’t trust anybody over thirty” , was the first big lie. Discount knowledge, experience,
      shared observations across the generations. Boycott wisdom. “Pigs” was the next.
      ridicule /demonize authority. White privelege ( I know, spelling) is the up and comer.
      Make the thinking that anyone who has obtained where they are by working and following the rules has done so because the stack’s ALWAYS decked for their benefit.
      Makes the concept of striving and sacrifice obsolete. Places any attainments as unreachable, so don’t bother. Human nature discounted, wisdom receives another bullet
      to the brain.

• Jennie says:

Pam…so well said and darn near brought tears! I’ve been reading about the Founding Fathers and their fears are here and have been for a while. It’s personal now and cold cold anger has settled in. You are so right about feeling so stupid. Just a few short weeks ago the kind folks here tried to point out Limbaugh’s hypocrisy and I stood up for him. Such blindness! Sunlight! Sunlight shined it’s little light on me.

4. Mike says:

What a joke from the cited article @ http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/04/fox_takes_hits_on_viewer_numbers.html
    “There is no question the overall tilt of Fox News during the past eight months has been pro-Trump — at time to the point of sycophancy. ”

You mean like how they blame Trump for communist and illegals rioting? Or how it is constantly pointed out Trump gets two or three times the airtime for going on Anti-Trump Fox unlike Rubio, Kasich and Cruz. All who are apparently scared or waiting to be given POTUS? Can’t give away airtime if you don’t show up. Hannity pointed out the same about his radio show when Little Marco would not show up and then whined he doesn’t get the time. Cruz does the same.

Article goes on the say CNN is more open to other Republicans. Right. I actually watched CNN and it’s Hillary/Bernie TV with a lot of Trump bashing. Hours and Hours, one show to the next. Five people panel that hates Trump followed by another one and the newsreaders also say how much they hate him. If anything there is less room for other Republicans cause CNN is nothing but Trump bashing between Hillary and Bern love. CNN cancelled the news for days at a time to bash Trump before primaries.

• Chris Mallory says:

American Thinker is nothing but a NeoCon shill site. They hate Trump because he is an American nationalist instead of an Israel Firster.

5. GroundHogDay says:

If I want information on primary election night, I started watching Fox but quickly switched to CNN which I stopped watching. I just want the results in an unbiased way. I don’t want to tune into a Trump bashing Fox station. Very liberal CNN is being more professional and less critical. All Fox does is talk about a contested convention.

• msdonnal says:

I don’t like CNN either. I only have ever listened to Joe in the morning on MSNBC (If I’m up that early) Former TOTAL Fox addict here, who has to pick and chose who to listen to. I’ll take Greta and Hannity. And that’s about it (Eric Bolling is good but he doesn’t have his own show). Rush and Levin on the radio? My used to be radio favorites? gone gone gone. SO disappointed in them and me for wasting my time with them. The Savage Nation with Michael Savage is good when he’s not off on a tangent about food or his dog.

6. Ed says:

I’d say Fox News has definitely shot themselves in the foot. I’m wandering if even Sean Hannity is not falling in line with Ailes. I mean he did a Town Hall with Cruz Friday night. If Trump spanks Cruz in Indiana, he needs to concede defeat.

• longiron2 says:

HANNITY is part of the RINOGOPe BUT he is for whomever he is interviewing or with at any given time. He is a liar, fraud, BUT no different that the rest of the public news readers at FOX. He tries to act like he is ONE of the people but when it comes to standing by what he wants one to believe he is his FRAUD is exposed.

• JSBachLover says:

I don’t see Hannity as either a liar or a fraud. I think he actually tries to be fair — in as much as FOX allows him to be. I think part of his problem (and some of you will scoff at this) is that, at heart,he’s a really nice guy — and he tries too hard to be nice to EVERYBODY he interviews. But he does it in a way that often comes off looking like hes now for this person, now for that one (and thus must be against the previous person).

7. scslayer says:

I use to watch Fox religiously…now, only if they have Trump on for an interview or to laugh at them as they get the results in from election night.

8. heidi says:

all these sell outs (glenn beck, ben shapiro, mark levin, etc.) should never supported for their unconscionable abandonment of the citizens of this country. choosing money over people should never be tolerated. https://realitycheck753.wordpress.com/2016/03/31/breitbart-and-the-daily-wires-25-million-dollar-trump-take-down/

• swissik says:

To me the most distressing of these guys is Ben Shapiro. I had Beck and Levin figured out long before Trump appeared on the scene. Never liked them. Ben, however, used to be a frequent guest on an outstanding morning radio talk show we used to enjoy in SF. Alas it too ceased to exist because of management’s poor decision. Anyway, Ben at the time was probably around 18-20 years old and held such promise for someone so young. It is a shame that he joined the cabal of the fraudulent.

• heidi says:

i quite agree– I once admired shapiro as a person of intelligence and morality. I hope people can see to the truth and he gets what he deserves.

9. TwoLaine says:

“The odds of Fox recovering or growing their audience after the primary season is over is exceedingly slim”

YUP! A lot of people will be getting their pink slips. 🙂

• TwoLaine says:

In fact, a lot of them will find their audiences dwindling. We are all just passin’ time till TRUMP Is in and takes charge. We can rest easy then and will no longer need any of them. 🙂

• uptothere says:

Resting easy isn’t in our future anytime soon I’m afraid. There’s a huge number of critters in the form of entrenched managers, programs, rules and regs, etc., that have to be cleaned out. Our work will just be beginning.

10. Ron Myles says:

It was no surprise to me when FOX several months ago started moving towards the anti-Trump crowd, which as many of us knows includes the Wall street Journal editors and writers, because they both are owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. Rupert is a well-known socialist and certainly would never let any of his entities support Trump.

11. JustSayin' says:

Ahhh! So THIS is why we read that Megyn Kelly had reportedly contacted Trump to meet privately at Trump Towers. It was reported that she was asking for a “truce” to all the bickering back and forth between the two. So now the picture begins to form – FOX News’ ratings are sour lately, so she tries to smoother The Donald over to hopefully get those ratings back! Too late, little blondie! You totally shot yourself in the foot when you crossed the lines, and now that Trump may very well be our next President, you can kiss any high-profile interviews away…….. Going, going, GONE!

12. amwick says:

I will not ever watch CNN but I won’t drop Fox. I enjoy BOR, I said that before, I just ignore the ego thing. If the closed- door executives moved against Donald Trump, they certainly deserve the repercussions. BTW, don’t forget Jesse Watters, and Judge Jeanine Pirro, they have been pretty supportive. Now Charles Krauthammer, he is not on my good guy list, not at all.

• msdonnal says:

amwick, I agree and forgot to mention Jesse Watters and Judge Jeannine ! thanks! I don’t know what happened to Krauthammer. I used to like him also.

13. deketer says:

Thanks again for providing this site. I never used to watch CNN because of the obvious left wing bias. Then came this primary season and I was truly shocked to see many on Fox turn on Trump. I first noticed it with Megyn, her face when Trump shot back the Rosie quip, exhibited nothing but contempt. The Perrino,Gutless et all show is pathetic. What’s with this Karl Rove, he is always wrong and such a pompous ass.
    I mean after Trumps massive wins in NY and last Tuesday Fox hardly got excited. CNN were much more gracious. ( and not because they think HRC will best him easily.) I mean Trump thrashed a sitting governor, and a senator.
    So we watch CNN and change channels when they bash Trump or discuss the democrats.
    Fox may not recover for a while, a they too have been outed.
    All the best.

14. Every time Fox does election analysis, it’s the same old neocon/Bush re-tread faces. George Will, Charles Krauthammer, Steven Hayes, Bill Kristol, Rich Lowry, Nina Easton, Karl Rove, etc. I know what they are going to say before they say it because they have been saying the same falsehoods for years. Trump on the other hand is saying what many of us peasants have been thinking all along, and judging by the petulant and immature responses from these so called experts, their collective mask has been lifted.

I prefer to watch CNN’s election coverage. At first it was because I couldn’t take anymore of George Will’s upper crust manner, but now I genuinely respect and enjoy their analysis. Anderson Cooper is an easy going host with full control over his guests. David Axelrod is a liberal, but shows his expertise in election politics every time he speaks. Van Jones is your typical left winger, but he serves as a window into how Hillary’s side thinks. I always liked Kayleigh Mcenany on Red Eye, and now I love watching her stand her ground on CNN. Jeffrey Lord is also good, and puts forth a voice that is probably banned on the Special Report panel. Then there is Amanda Carpenter, who does nothing but take shots at Trump instead of analyzing the data the way Axelrod does. Fox is nothing but a bunch of screeching Amanda Carpenters, so if I want to know what Fox News thinks I just get it from her.

Fox needs to stop going to the Weekly Standard and National Review for contributors: they are irrelevant and stale. Murdoch almost got away with pushing his globalist agenda on us through FNC, but now it looks like he just compromised his own channel.

15. Pingback: CNN Sees Ratings Boost From Presidential Race – Trump-Bashers on FOX Drag Network Down – The politic manager