The New York Post Endorses Donald Trump…

New York Post – Donald Trump is a rookie candidate — a potential superstar of vast promise, but making rookie mistakes. The nominee Republicans need for the fall campaign is often hard to make out amid his improvisations and too-harsh replies to his critics.

New Yorkers vote Tuesday. What to do?

trump crosses

Here’s how we see it.

Should he win the nomination, we expect Trump to pivot — not just on the issues, but in his manner. The post-pivot Trump needs to be more presidential: better informed on policy, more self-disciplined and less thin-skinned.

Yet the promise is clearly there in the rookie who is, after all, leading the field as the finals near.

Trump has electrified the public, drawing millions of new voters to the polls and inspiring people who’d given up on ever again having a candidate who’d fight for them.

That’s the work of the Donald Trump we know — a New Yorker, born and bred.

A plain-talking entrepreneur with outer-borough, common-sense sensibilities.

Trump is a do-er. As a businessman, he’s created jobs for thousands. And he’s proven how a private-sector, can-do approach can rip through government red tape and get things done.

These last 10 months, he’s ripped through a different morass — the nation’s stale, insider-driven politics.

And he’s done it by appealing to the public’s anger at a government that’s eternally gridlocked when it comes to serving the people — but always able to deliver for the connected.

He’s slammed the system for being rigged — and he’s right.  (read more)

trump banner 4 new yorktrump compassiontrump vet

chicago trump supporter killed

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias. Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to The New York Post Endorses Donald Trump…

1. craig swanson says:

Go Trump!

2. mickie says:

Ah, that’s why he said he liked the Post!!! lol

3. Endorsements are going to come rolling in with these latest polls.

4. Reblogged this on Exposing Modern Mugwumps and commented:

GO TRUMP

5. Backspin says:

All we are Saaayying …………IS Give Trump A Chance …..

6. Bart Manson ✓ᴺᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃˡᶦˢᵗ says:

I was wondering why he mentioned he likes the New York Post in the event today.

7. ediegrey says:

I am stunned – a newspaper endorsing Trump? Well, it’s about time.

8. The Post is still obtuse on the immigration issue.

• ediegrey says:

Aren’t they al? I have yet to hear anyone or any newspaper not criticize and get it wrong what Trump says, etc. – even from supposedly admiring ones. They just don’t get it and probably never will. But the Post endorsed him – he’s hard not to like – and everybody knows deep down he is right.

• Don’t forget, owned by Murdoch and carries Lowry and Goldberg. Still, this is a BFD.

9. WeThePeople2016 says:

Great news and well deserved. Go Trump!

10. Pam says:

It’s a very well written article giving a delicate balance at his imperfections of not being a professional politician but also saying that this is why he has such a big following.

11. citizen817 says:

The NY Times is a liberal rag. It is the 4th estate belonging to the demorat party.

• jackmcg says:

More precisely it belongs to Carlos Slim, who makes money hand over fist from immigration from Mexico, and his wallet even prefers that its illegal immigration. Total gaslighting paper that people trust because they’re dupes.

• moogey says:

And it is important to point out the NY Times is a liberal rag for what purpose?

• EV22 says:

Because the NYT sets the MSM agenda nationwide, e.g., broadcast news chooses what stories they cover based on what the NYT publishes.

In liberal speak: If it ain’t covered by the NYT, it ain’t news. And that’s a problem more people need to become aware of.

12. Martin says:

What rookie mistakes is Trump making, New York Post?

• srr says:

shhh … let them feel like they still have something to offer The Man … and He will keep letting them feel like ‘they taught Him’, what he needs them to teach others … 😉

• BuckWeaver says:

Exactly. Your comment reminds me of the many O’Reilly interviews with Trump. When O’Reilly goes into his fatherly mode and lectures Trump about not tweeting, or watching his language, or being more Presidential, Trump just sits there calmly listening and then the next day he is back to being Trump.

This is a huge endorsement.

• Sandra says:

It is true that he’s made some mistakes, mistakes that he wouldn’t have made if he’d run before. It happens to the best. But he’s done 99.99% of everything right, and we’re all out here supporting him.

I still cannot believe that this man who I felt last summer would be good for the country is not only the GOP leader but appears to be in good position to become President. And what luck that Sundance and others here at CTH felt the same way. Might this really happen?? I’ve been so disappointed in the past 16 years! I don’t hate Bush but didn’t want him to be President, and I despise Obama. After 8 years of Obama I don’t think I can take another awful self-serving narcissist as a President. I think now Cruz would be the absolute worst, worse than Hillary, worse than Bernie, worse then Jeb or Lil Marco.

• Sandra says:

That reminds me, I wanted to look back through the old threads to see what we were all saying about Trump when the first people dared to say that they thought he’d be a good leader. 🙂

• Gerkmonster1 says:

No. Can’t get worse than a Bush. Cruz would probably just be ineffective whereas Bush would be effective at continuing the destruction of the country.

• sixgeese says:

Having Jeb Bush president would be a terrible idea. However, he is still constitutionally eligible; Cruz is not. To any damage Cruz can do with bad policies, the enormous damage caused by the destruction of the Constitution by having an ineligible president (even if not the first one) needs to be added.

13. I believe in Donald J. Trump.

14. nevercrywolf says:

I think he is brilliant. He is exposing our rigged & corrupt system of government and promising to try to do something about it in the future. I think the politicians have totally sold out our country to globalists and spreading the wealth around. How do these people, our civil servants, end up millionaires once they “serve” in office. I believe by selling us out. The whole thing has been turned upside down. They do not serve us anymore We Serve Them. This is Theft on the grandest scale. I have been praying for someone to expose to the country and the world what is going on in a way that people will listen and understand. Maybe we have a chance if people will Wake Up. God Bless Donald Trump

15. Donald Trump may be a little rough around the edges, but it’s what we need, because it’s waking people up. I keep thinking of stories from the Bible of how God used imperfect people to do the most impossible, extraordinary things. And God just put the ultimate one in my mind and that’s the story of King David. Remember he was a shepherd who defeated a giant and became king while being hunted by the first king Saul (establishment). So this can be done. And continue to pray for Donald Trump’s safety.

• srr says:

🙂 … as rough and authentic as a shepherd boy without polished armour, but just a sling and stone and the armour of God … yes, DJT often brings King David to mind … 😉

• Dick Albright says:

And like Paul of Tarsus, who is perhaps the most referenced, quoted, influential, storied, written, written about & traveled apostle who never even met Jesus until he was transfixed and transformed from a persecutor of Christians to a true Christian by “seeing the light”. We now have the most controversial candidate of recent times who has lit a new torch of common sense Freedom and Patriotism for the people who this country was founded for and by–Constitutionally..

16. Sandy says:

New York, my FAVORITE city, make Trump A BIG WINNER!!!

17. MeThePeople says:

The Post? Who cares about that fish wrapper; cage liner?
    But an endorsement is an endorsement.

GO TRUMP

• NJF says:

They have a rep for being a tabloid, but you know what? They get it. And I don’t mean bc they endorsed Trump. Nearly every day I read something from them that no other MSM outlet is touching.

And hey, any paper that has a front page showing Cruz being shouted down by NYers with a headline screaming, “hey Ted, take the FU train,” can’t be all bad, right?

18. Martin says:

19. Miss America says:

I agree with most of this editorial with one notable exception:

BUILD THE WALL!

20. ascomanni says:

The abject derangement Trump brings about in the Republican elite alone gets my vote.

21. Dick Albright says:

Donald is real. He is earnest. He comes from a solid family of builders and workers. His education is pure America First, including his solid exposure beginning at the tender age of 13 to the Military discipline and ethic of America First. His choices have always been to promote the good of the country for its appeal. To watch his decades of hearing testimonies and interviews shows his true character…Just like Harry Truman, JFK, Ronald Reagan and, yes, even George W. Bush. He has no subterfuge to glory as he’s already proven himself, despite of and because of the American way, its often troubled system and ultimate Dream.

To follow will come the Washington Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Chicago Tribune and yes, even the LA Times, Sacramento Bee, Seattle Post‑Intelligencer, and San Diego Union-Tribune,

I wish there was a real poll on responses from Vets and Military Fraternals, and active duty, if that were possible.

• Sandra says:

You nailed it. He has already proven himself. And as someone pointed out earlier today, he wants to help other people be successful. No wonder his kids all grew up to be well-educated hard-working decent people. You don’t get those qualities from society, you get them from your parents. I give credit to Ivana and Marla too.

• nimrodman says:

“You don’t get those qualities from society, you get them from your parents.”

B b b b b but – that can’t be right, we’ve been told it takes a village, no?

• joanfoster says:

Yes, the left wants us to believe it takes a village. How else do they explain the projects full of fatherless children, running the streets, no ambition for anything good and happy to live a lifetime on entitlements because the leftist message is that they are owed some sort of bonus prize because of their ancestry. If Bill Clinton was the first black President, then Hillary was the first black First Lady. Not even LBJ could “out black” the Clintons in pandering to minorities. It will go full bore in the general election when she faces Trump.

• Ellen says:

My husband and I are both veterans and “yuge” Trump supporters, as are every other veteran, retiree and active duty military service member we know.

22. Margaret-Ann says:

I say …. “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.” 🙂

23. We Love The Treehouse says:

I love Trump just the way he is! There’s nothing wrong with him fighting back against those who attack him first. He thinks (that we think) it’s not presidential for him to make these deals with these other countries but that’s what he does best! Let’s let him do what he does best and that is WIN! and he’s doing it for us and our country. Like I said, I love Trump just the way he is, that’s what made me like him in the first place. I don’t want him to change just because he becomes President. (I have to admit, I already consider him MY President)

24. We Love The Treehouse says:

We don’t need “presidential” that’s what our problem is. Look at how corrupt everything is. We need someone different, we need our whole way of life to change-as a country, so who’s definition of “presidentia”l are we talking about here? I think he’s presidential enough!

• We MUST Win says:

I completely agree!

One thing I love about Trump is he makes me laugh. Last night I heard in the radio that some former Apprentice contestants that got fired are coming out against him, and his response was that they were “failed wannabes”.

I had several laughing fits for the next couple of hours.

25. waynestrick says:

Sometimes we feel like we’re tied to the whipping Post!

26. Bacall says:

When Trump first announced last June, I was curious but skeptical. I had quickly aligned with Carson and Cruz over temperament and record. Shortly thereafter I heard on radio an Oxford professor say that Americans had a cultural bias against businessmen and that we should consider that this very successful man Trump of many decades of notoriety/celebrity had no hint of business scandal unlike folks from Enron, etc. This got my attention. I love Donald Trump. I lived in NYC for years, but I also have southern and mid-western experience, “values”. I’ve been all in for months thanks to CTH linking to RSBN of Trump’s full speeches at rallies. He is without a doubt the most creative problem solver who has appeared on the political stage in my life-time. Fire the stupid pundits and hacks. GO TRUMP!

27. beaupre03 says:

Maybe I’m reading too many tea leaves, but does anyone else see a special significance in this endorsement? The Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who we all know has been firmly anti-Trump. I’ve had the Post’s Trump coverage bookmarked since he launched his campaign and they haven’t been at all friendly to his candidacy.

• beaupre03 says:

By the way, I guess I should add that I’ll take it!! This could be an example of New Yorkers pulling together when under attack and/or could be a true turning point in this election.

• KBR says:

Rupert Murdoch owns Fox which allows Judge Jeannie and Lou Dobbs to support Trump openly even while Fox as a whole is downright nasty. Could the NY Post endorsement be Rupert’s newspaper-attempt to get a piece of the Trump-support action ($)?

Or will NY Post merely be a psy-ops paper claiming to support while whittling away at Donald Trump through faint praise? And IMO their endorsement article is faint indeed!

NY Post, in its endorsement, defines Trump as having little self-discipline, being poorly informed on policies in general, and “thin-skinned.” Not much of a glowing endorsement, I say. Not just faint praise, but maybe feint praise.

“We expect him to pivot” says the article. Well I, for one, expect him to stay firmly on course.

Unlike others, I see his style as redid inning what is “presidential,” because “presidential” has been sunk deeply in PC, lies, and sound-bite-sophisticated-gobbledygook-lies.

Let Trump be Trump. Let President Trump be himself. Enough with pretense!

28. Riddick says:

Interesting. I read Post daily, but only their sports section (still a Jets, Nets and St. John’s fan after almost 35 off years). And once in a while check the rest of the paper. They have been very anti Trump since he announced. Not complaining about the endorsement, for sure, but find such a turn by them interesting. Something is going on, a very positive thing, IMO.

First Faux comes out with a poll that is very good for Trump, now NY Post follows just hours later. Seems the tide has turned.

• nimrodman says:

“Seems the tide has turned.”

Exactly. I think many players are realizing the ship is about to set sail and they don’t want to be left behind. That they better start supporting the strong horse now.

29. Helenerbrown says:

Change of heart for Fox, Megyn Kelly and NY Post. Must have been a good honeymoon.

30. qc bombora says:

Shock awe, NY Post (Murdoc)!endorsing Trump is Yuge!

Btw hugely positive response from New York State voters toward Donald Trump from NY Call Center.

The Northeast primary results will be huge for Trump.

Californian will be the big Prize.

31. sheridan says:

Must admit I’m not that awe struck by a media endorsement.
    I’m too busy being awe struck by the amazing American people. Never under estimate the power of peoples opinions. American voters can reach over there shoulders and give themselves a huuugge pat on the back for every endorsement. The lame stream media is only as corrupt as we allow it to be but when the consumer and the voter put their foot down even the corrupt have to back off. The power of the revenue flow belongs to the people and we need to use it. Much the same as politicians, without votes and faced with protests their influence fades as fast as lighting. Seems politicians these days and the media are the same but fortunately the popular vote and sentiment is forcing them into a much needed ” time out”
    Donald J Trump for President

32. Zilla says:

Reblogged this on Femininican and commented:

The NY Post is the only New York paper that’s not in the tank for leftism. The NY Daily News (their competitor) rendered itself unreadable, due to its leftist propaganda, years ago. Please visit The Last Refuge for the great pics accompanying this story & the link to the Post endorsement.

33. socabill says:

Michael Goodwin (Pulitzer Prize) not only is on Dobbs’ program at least twice weekly but writes for the Post.

He absolutely loathes Hitlery and DeBlasio and excoriates them constantly.  He is also a champion for charter schools. He hates Cuomo and is very plugged into the corruption endemic to state government.

You guys should make a habit of reading his columns. He really knows his stuff and is a great writer.

34. Everyone buy a copy of that issue! Show ’em that supporting Trump is the way to massive profits!

35. ZZZ says:

Like the NY Post or not…this is a turning point in the campaign.

I am still amazed how the things being done in the darkness are being exposed by the Light…truly thankful for answered prayers.

36. carolmcd says:

Great that Trump got this endorsement from the Post. But they seem to want him to chuck his two signature issues – immigration and trade. They don’t want him to build the wall and they want him to forget about any trade protectionism, and keep importing cheap Chinese goods.

37. Oldskool says:

I can’t imagine why Mr. Trump would accept any acknowledgement from Rupert Murdoch. His supporters have already dumped FAUX news, witness the reported 50% viewership decline, so why be baited into support from a failing sister tabloid.

38. wodiej says:

This seems like a backhanded endorsement because Trump is a New Yorker who has done lots for the city. They say people should support him but…….he needs to change his tone, his policies, be more informed….blah, blah, blah. Whatever.