This isn’t the first time Glenn Beck has said his blessed candidate was the representative image and embodiment of his lord and savior who has arrived to save the world.   Beck also isn’t the only one who believes it.  Ted’s father has said something similar when he proclaimed “Ted was anointed to take control of society“.

Previously Glenn Beck proclaimed that God killed Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia to insure Ted Cruz wins the republican nomination.  Today Beck proclaimed the “end of days”, and Senator Cruz as the prophecy fulfilled.

A reasonable person has to wonder how this prophetic sales pitch is supposed to help beyond a very narrow segment of the religious electorate:

beck and cruz 2

UTAH – […] Beck said that he, like many Mormons, believes in a prophecy that the Constitution will hang by a thread in the last days. He said he believes that now is that time, and people like Lee and Cruz will save it.

He also said the Book of Mormon was created as a guide on how to protect freedom in our day. At the Provo rally, many responded yelling, “I believe, I believe.”  (read more) [video available here

Beck appears to be describing the Mormon belief in a White Horse prophecy

This entry was posted in Conspiracy ?, Election 2016, Professional Idiots, Religion, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

446 Responses to Good Grief – Glenn Beck Today: Ted Cruz is “The Mormon Prophecy” Sent To Save The World from the “last of days”…

1. nwtex says:

I get a very uncomfortable feeling when I hear someone assuming he knows what God’s plan is. I take it as the epitome of arrogance. Lifting oneself up to the level of The Creator cannot be a good thing to do.

• patrickhenryrevisited says:

Identity theft.

• nwtex says:

Clever:)

• teddizaps says:

They tried to grab me and hand me to one of the illegals, but I punched Beck…
        ..then they threw me out !

Here is the vid:

• DelAware says:

Which is what the first three of the Jewish “commandments” referred to. Acts that steal the valor of their highest deity.

I’m the daughter of countless generations of vikings and Atlantic/Arctic seafarers. We don’t need that kind of deity for our people to keep troth with one another, and if we had one, it wouldn’t need to tell us things like that!

It always amazed me how many of those Jewish “commandments” are warnings against covetousness/theft. As though, you know, the people had a genetic/ancestral problem with those behaviors.

Also, the last thing I want to see is a presidential candidate slouching around in faded blue jeans. We the people are hiring the chief executive of the entire republic. Blue jeans and cotton sweaters scream Beta Boy for the Bigs. I don’t want Comfy carrying the nuclear football, I want arrogance, power, and confidence. I want to see well tailored suits and an indifference to comfort.

• Dawn says:

What does the book of Mormon have to do with the JEWS??? You sound as loonie as Beck!

• DelAware says:

It was an observation about the commonalities of all Abrahamic religions on the topic of divine identity theft.

It has nothing to do with the Book of Mormon, I was replying to TX and Patrick Henry on how their own faiths (I presume) have in their DNA that thou shalt not steal god’s glory as Beck does. It’s in the DNA of the Jewish/Abrahamic commandments–or didn’t you study that in whatever cult you were raised in?

Just go away, you person of simplistic MSM-engineered reactions.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

SOP for me for anyone who claims he/she has a “special anointing” from God or has exclusive knowledge of God’s plans and purposes is to run as far away as I get. As someone else just posted, God will not be mocked. Its a serious thing to blaspheme the name of Almighty God.

• Matt Musson says:

Consider the source. Mormons believe they will be Gods when they die if they have lived a holy life. Good Mormons will be given their own solar systems to lord over.

• anon nona says:

The White Horse Prophecy is not embraced by the Mormon church. It is considered suspect. Unfortunately there are Mormons who are very gullible, Utah Mormons are the worst, and Glen Beck knows this and is taking advantage of these people.

Mormons are a very trusting people and Utah has the highest scamming rate in the country. Crooked Mormons (even crooked people of other religions ) have scammed other Mormons for tons of money.

• anon nona says:

Ted Cruz’s brand of religion has him an annointed one, fulfilling prophecy, etc

When Mitt Romney ran the Mormons did not say Romney was annointed and fulfilling prophecy and other nonsense the Evangelicals are saying about Cruz, using scripture to prove Cruz is the chosen one.

• Mike H says:

It is really sad, and a bit scary that people believe this vomit.

• Jean says:

Don’t confuse evangelicals with Mormons. Mormons are not evangelical Christians – even if they say they are. All we have to do is wait and see what happens, the proof will be in the election concerning false prophecy.

• Carol Maritsch says:

There is no scripture anywhere that proves Cruz is the chosen one. Nothing even close. The anti-Christ? Maybe.

• faridrushdi says:

I wish someone can explain to me why you can’t go after every other religion and minority group but for Mormons it’s open season. So you take one thing out of tens of thousands of pages of doctrine and understanding and you say, “Consider the source, they get a solar system,” with no context.

Using that logic, when Catholics don’t vote “properly,” we should say, “Consider the source. St. Augustine said that unbaptized babies who die go to hell.” Later, when church members saw this as too harsh and unfair, theologians changed the belief to the child going to “limbo,” a quasi-heaven, quasi-hell sort of place. But it wasn’t Heaven.

So which is worse, one group thinking they get a solar system (and as a member in good standing, that is considered more like a truth from the Old Testament, things we’re taught but don’t really think about) or the other group who says infant children who die at birth, before they have the ability to sin, won’t get to Heaven?

I say you don’t judge either by something plucked out of context from centuries of writings. Not the Catholics. Not the Mormons. Not anyone.

One thing I will say about us Mormons. We have a long memory. Trump WILL win the nomination and he WILL run for president and all those Mormons in Idaho and Utah will remember all the people on all the websites who wrote unfair things about them because they exercised their Constitutional right to vote in a way that made some Trump supporters get personal and mock their teachings. Trump didn’t get them the first time around, so lets make fun of them so they’ll vote for him this time.

It doesn’t work that way.

• Nan says:

Mormons, like Christian Scientists, get a bad rap because their beliefs don’t actually align with Christianity. If you can ascend to godhood yourself after death, it refutes the basic notion that God is the God and Jesus is his only son. There are a raft of other issues, but the Mormon afterlife is essentially heresay.

Also, I believe you’re implying that Catholics don’t take heat for their own beliefs…which is so categorically false I don’t even know where to start with it. In my own life, as a white girl in the Western US, I’ve been called an idol-worshipper, a Satanist, accused of practicing witchcraft, and had to endure about a year of catching one of my sergeants telling the airmen lies about the Catholic Church. I guarantee you, we’re hated by certain Protestant denominations too.

• RP says:

Try being agnostic or …Odin forbid… an atheist.

It works that way for all religions. Members of one sect think every other sect is a cult – even within denominations they bicker about who has the right teaching and whose is heretical, always renting their garments and pointing fingers.

I must say, as an interested observer of the religious follies that Mormons have always been to me the most sincere, most kind, most committed and most generous of the bunch. I’m sorry to see Reid, Romney and Beck are their public face most of the time. IMO it is completely incompatible and foolish to be a politician and a religious adherent at the same time.

• Ma'iingankwe says:

Faridrushid,
            I am sorry there have been so many many people discounting and ridiculing what they do not know or understand. Romney does not represent every Mormon, that in itself is ridiculous. However, there are people who refuse to see past this, and to me that is unfair and sad.
            People will be able to find negative parts of any religion, and it’s mostly how they percieve it rather than understand it. Not always but often enough.
            We need to a judge a person by their actions, not the religion they stand behind. Yes, I say behind because there are a great number of horrible people who hide behind their religion, and in reality are guilty in not following the rules of their religion.
            I am sorry people have been judgemental of your religion. Most should know better since they have experienced the same. I know I have. Many call my beliefs savage, and who knows, you might even think the same to the number of Native American Tribes and their tribal beliefs.
            I don’t know if you look down at the ceremonies and belief systems of Native American Tribes. I would hope not, but I know there are a great number of religions in this country who may not take seriously what I and my People. It is nothing new and I doubt I will see change any time soon. It is why I have always judged a person by their character and their actions. Judging a person by their religion, skin color etc is wrong on so many levels and yet it continues. Plus, people will always believe their religion is better than any other out there. It is just the way it is. Be well and stay strong,
            Ma’iingankwe

• Gail Combs says:

It is open season on ALL Judeo-Christian religions.

It is part of the divide and conquer scheme.

• I am a graduate of a Catholic Grade School, Catholic High School and Catholic College. Not once was I ever taught that unbaptized babies go into limbo. Where did you learn that from?
            Also, Catholics have been hated in many places for centuries, including this one.

• Phyllis says:

I was taken from my home and put in a catholic orphanage from the age of 4 through 16 and was brought up by nuns and priests. I am 63 years old now. I learned more than most people about the catholic church because I lived with them. Yes, they taught that unbaptized babies go to limbo and many other things that are not biblical. I am no longer a catholic because I read the bible and realized they are wrong about many things and what Jesus taught was much simpler. I am grateful though, that they brought me to a belief in God and Jesus.

• HeyBuddy says:

Mormonism is a cult. It is not Biblical.

• shallbe4 says:

If that’s true that lets Cruz out.

• Colleen Cushman says:

That’s SO not true. There are a lot of myths about Mormons. Just as in ANY & EVERY RELIGION THERE ARE RADICALS!!!!

• HeyBuddy says:

Amen. Please read 2John 1:9-11. Beck is a heretic as is Cruz’s father.

• Patriot1 says:

Agreed. I feel the same way. No man knows the time or place. Anyone who says differently is a phony at best and satan at worse.

• well, i can’t get the time it took to watch the video back, but when glenn beck said that he was listening to ted cruz talking and stated it was like “constitutional erotica” and “oh yeah, baby, give me more”… let’s just say it was quite a telling moment inside a video of immense indescribable blasphemy. so much more than odd. yuck.

• shallbe4 says:

Notice that now he and Cruz even dress alike.

• I try to remember that Glenn Beck, whom I use to watch and listen to, is not the not the Mormon Church. He obviously does not speak for the Mormon Church, and has been sounding quite nutty lately. I keep that in mind whenever he opens his mouth now a days.

• dana ferre says:

i’m a mormon but not super active mormons believe that no one knows the time or place Mormons are just like other Christians.. Let’s stop judging people that are just trying to be good and caring towards others.

• nwtex says:

Ya know. I just gave this comment (above) some thought and need to modify my orig comment. Truth be told there was a “tapping on my shoulder”, guess my softer side was trying to get my attention.

There are those that deserve some slack as they do not realize the weight of statements they make when it comes speaking about what they feel God wants and such.
      So there. I feel better now.

“We have all sinned and fallen short of God’s Glory” That is in Romans but can’t cite chapter or verse. Sorry.

• Alexandra Greeley says:

Especially since Mormonism is a heresy or apostasy, or both.

• Martin says:

There are modern-day prophets, one of the five-fold ministries. Suffice to say I’ve never seen one behave like Beck, let alone speak as he does.

God does reveal His plans and purposes to His prophets, but the application is for us to figure out. Is THIS what He meant? becomes the evidence by which we decide to give said prophet any creedence, or not. Glenn Beck? Nah.

Now, Kim Clement, Chuck Missler, the late Bob Jones? Different story. Very different.

• nwtex says:

Ah! Yes. I believe you’re referring to Charismatic gifts. Yes?
        Well, I’m happy to say I have not listened to Beck for years and that was only in passing long ago. And I’ll just keep it that way. Not knowing what he’s about is fine with me 😎

• Gail Combs says:

I am an Agnostic, however the word HUMBLE is the word I always associate with a godly (good) man or woman. The leading via example and not by words.

When ever I see someone like Beck or Cruz who wears their religion on their sleeve and uses it as a battering ram, my first reaction is to run far far away!

• I would add Pope John Paul II to the list of Charismatic leaders of Faith. I believe he was a good man.

• cohibadad says:

I think if Rafael finds his way to the White House, God help us, he will play quite a role, but not in a good way, and not as a prophet or a rightly guided man. I never considered that Lyin’ Ted could win, but if he does, a lot of things might start making sense. He is quite a snake, slithering his way to this point. As Donald says, he raises the Bible with one hand, puts it down and begins to lie.

• corimari2013 says:

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.”………Matthew 7:15

• Peg_C says:

Our kids are evangelicals and they don’t trust Cruz at all, now. True evangelicals NEVER self-glorify.

• Jett Black says:

2 Peter 1:20
      20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
      And this is Peter, one of the most zealous and convicted of the Disciples/Apostles, yet he is clear that no one gets special, private insight–all prophecy has been given in the Bible. Claiming to have private, individual knowledge from God is nothing but a scam.

I have always liked a lot of Cruz’s words, but after looking at his actions, I know that they’re just words used to cover up and spin his subservience to the GOPe agenda and his own personal agenda of self-aggrandizement.

Matthew 7:16
      16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Cruz’s actions consistently yield thorns, thistles, and worse, so his words are meaningless.

2. Me says:

This is bizarro stuff. And I’m Christian.

• WSB says:

That’s the problem…apparently, these two are not.

• smiley says:

projection of extreme false doctrine (lies).
      the rider of the white horse (The Book of Revelation) is thought to be the anti- Christ…not some “hero” from the Rocky Mts…!!
      even The Church of LDS has rejected this so-called white horse “prophecy” as being unsubstantiated.
      Beck wallows in it, in his typically maudlin way.
      he’s unhinged.
      hope he gets some help.
      Cruz is demenTED with his head bowed, hands in pockets, playing it like the humble servant, with a sideways smirk.
      creepy dudes.

• Americafirst16 says:

Glen does not belong to the church of LDS. He really belongs to the church of LSD…

• Eskie Mom says:

Since you brought up the anti-Christ. . . think about this for a minute. Reading the Seven Mountains Mandate- the ”sections of society” that Cruz has been ”anointed” to take control over, per his backers, are economy, government, family, spirituality, education, media, and (?!) celebration.

Revelation says that we will not be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast. What is the first section of society that they mean to- or have, taken control of?
        The economy = commerce, buying & selling. The ”economy” or ”business” are always mentioned first when dominionists are listing these 7.
        (It should be obvious that they are describing totalitarian control; much like Islam, communism & national socialism. There is no freedom there. None.)

There is too much of a parallel between Cruz and Lucifer & the dominionists and the anti-Christ for me. God Forbid it! that this man ever becomes president.

• smiley says:

CULT worship.

• DJ says:

Im not familiar with a “Seven Mountain Mandate” but a mountain in biblical terms is referring to mean a nation.

The hidden dynasties are government, religion, education, and finances.
          The mark of the beast are the minds/hands, ones that participate in the great apostasy. In contrast, the ones that are sealed are those that won’t fold.

The ‘princes’ are leaders, spiritual and political. ‘Ancient’ means the elder, a spiritual leader of the people. The word ‘base’ refers to the criminal.

Isaiah 3:4 And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.
          Isaiah 3:5 And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.
          Isaiah 3:6 When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, saying, Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let this ruin be under thy hand:

There is much sifting going on for sure.

3. yakmaster2 says:

Let’s please not argue amongst ourselves about the tenets or doctrines of Mormonism vs the many denominations of Prostestant Christianity or Catholicism.
    I think the main point of this thread is that Beck and Mike Lee (and apparenty Romney too) are absolutely using the Mormon religion in a cynical political manner to label an Evangelical Cruz as THE God ordained pick for President. Beck’s playbook on this seems to be one step further than the more subtle positioning by media and activists during Obama’s election. That Messiah-type imagining was not as overt as Beck’s outright declarations. But then, Beck is ever the publicity hound!
    I’m truly surprised there seems to be NO PUSHBACK from religious leaders (of any group!!) regarding the whole “anointed one” thing.

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

The absence of push back IS very concerning.

• Gail Combs says:

What is more concerning is the churches are used to push certain idea the globalists want pushed and do not push ideas the globalists want buried.

Here is an example of what I mean

Ted Cruz packs Raleigh church, blasts Donald Trump
        “…RALEIGH

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz had strong words for front-runner Donald Trump as he taped a Fox News interview with Megyn Kelly in front of an enthusiastic Wake County crowd Tuesday afternoon.

Hundreds of people stood in line outside and weren’t able to get into the event at Calvary Baptist Church, south of Raleigh near Wake Technical Community College. The packed room erupted in cheers of “We want Ted” as the Texas senator took the stage.

Cruz criticized Trump for leading crowds at his rallies in a pledge to support him, which he says is “like subjects to a king.”

“No political candidate is going to make America great again,” he said….”,

or church support for an Obummer agenda:

• Timmy-the-Ute says:

I agree and we shouldn’t be so hard on all Dominionist. Some dominionist, so called soft, just hold that America is a Christian Nation, whiles hard dominionist hold that America and other Christian nations will usher in a new millennium.

• Patriot1 says:

Where’s the push back from religios leaders on Homosexualaity and and a host of other “PC” atrocities to God? Crickets is all I hear.

• LeeT says:

There seems to be a severe lack of wisdom and discernment in the Church today.

• NC Patriot says:

Or lack of willingness to speak out for fear of losing their tax exempt status—as Donald pointed out in one of his speeches. He said the laws needed to be corrected on that matter.

• Totally Domestic says:

I haven’t heard anyone point that out, thanks! I have been thinking about that. Pastors selfcensor so that they don’t lose their churches tax exempt status.

Correcting that matter would unleash the church!
          Churches are allowed by Govt to be light but not salt. Our society is rotting because of this.

Notice: This is one thing that Me To Ted hasn’t tried to copy Trump on. Very Telling! Cruz is a flat out fake!!!

• Raven says:

Not only a lack of wisdom and discernment — I see the church as being Biblically illiterate — using only sound bites from movies, songs and other people as their basis for who their Jesus is.

And, to address what Beck might be saying concerning a white horse and Cruz being on it — we need to remember the book of Revelation speaks of two “people” coming on white horses. One is clearly Jesus Christ The Savior, the other is the anti-christ who comes before death and mayhem explode on the earth. Maybe Glenn Beck wants to give us more detail concerning which he thinks Ted Cruz is?

As a side note; Muslims also have a white horse returning with their champion on it. Their “champion” is their jesus, who is coming to let all of Jesus followers know we’ve been backing the wrong horse all along. Satan is always working every angle. . .

• georgiafl says:

You are right on target, as usual, Yakmaster.

The point is – Cruz and Beck are mis-using the Name of the LORD, and mis-using and deceiving BOTH Christian and Mormon groups for their political agendas.

Beck, Cruz and Romney have been caught in numerous lies both now and in 2012.
      Lies about Cruz’s citizenship, lies about other candidates’ positions and lies their own past records, eligibility, and true positions, and other deceptive means, such as the intimidating mailers, push-polls, etc.

These three have stolen votes – from Dr. Carson and other Americans in several states with tricks (splitters like Kasich), by election fraud in the primary elections and caucuses,

Then there are the numerous FEC violations:
      Failure to report over a million dollars in loans
      Accepting donations from foreign nationals
      Accepting donations from unregistered organizations
      Accepting donations that exceed campaign finance limits
      Disbursements made without proper documentation
      Inappropriate disbursements for travel

Concordance of Cruz Lies, Deception, Corruption (by no means complete): http://www.politijim.com/2016/02/the-concordance-of-cruz-corruption.html

There are several other excellent articles on Cruz’s deceptions and distortion of Christianity @ politijim’s blog.

• chrystalia99 says:

Exactly. I’d like to know why there isn’t pushback happening form religious leaders on the issue. I’m not a Mormon, but I know quite a few, and the ones I know are good people. My neighbor and her family and friends voted early here in Tucson (mail in) for Trump, as they liked at what Cruz’s voting background and his endorsements say about him, and found that they didn’t like what they saw at all.

It’s not my place to judge whether Mormonism, as a religion, is “true” or “false”, “religion” or “cult”, or heresy. And quite frankly, I think that God is the only authority that should or can determine which “religion”–if any earthly “religion”, as taught and practiced, meets His standards. And that’s something no person can really know until they die and meet him.

As far as I know, He hasn’t called any press conferences of late or endorsed openly, of late, any religion that is currently preaching in His name. I’m not saying that to be irreverent, or as a criticism of faithful Catholics, Christians of any flavor, Jews, or anyone else. I’m just saying that while people may hold a deep belief in a particular doctrine, and follow its practices diligently, and many religions may rely on variations of the same source Scripture, when it comes right down to it, in the absence of direct, irrefutable confirmation from on high–all any of us have is our faith.

Look at this thread, and read through it. We are all Treepers, here because we firmly believe this election cycle is crucial to the very survival of this republic. And a discussion about a serious nutball (Beck), and the Creepy candidate he is stumping for (Cruz), devolved, for a time, into a mudslinging contest concerning reputed doctrine taught and practiced by the Latter Day Saints.

And in the course of that back and forth, some very unpleasant inferences were made, as well as very insulting statements, about other Treepers and their beliefs. And this is WRONG. We can’t allow our own differences in beliefs to drive wedges between us. We need to stick together, agree to disagree when necessary, and stay focused on the temporal issue of preserving and restoring the republic, not the spiritual issue that belongs between each of us and God.

The question isn’t whether LDS is a valid religion or not. The question is how much influence does the God shouting from the Cruz camp have on voting habits and turnout, why the heck the other religious leaders and the LDS leadership haven’t spoken out about the tone of Cruz’s campaign, and what weapons we can use to counter the influence the God shouting is having.

Leave faith to each person. Leave the question of which, if any, earthly interpretation of religion is accurate, to God–and let’s get focused on what we can realistically do to win the nomination.

End of rant.

• KBR says:

I see names here I have never seen here before. So “we are all Treepers” might not be the case at all. Some may be infiltrating in order to stir up division.

• chrystalia99 says:

True, I should have been more verbally precise on that. But after thinking about the whole “backlash/pushback” issue, I started wandering around online.

And there really is zero pushback in cyberspace concerning the whole Beck /Romney etc. pitch that Cruz has a mission of sorts.

The more I think about this, the more intriguing it is. I could see the pushback being carefully worded to avoid mudslinging contests over which religion is valid. But nearly zero pushback??? That is noteworthy.

• dutzie60 says:

Thank you chrystalia99. You are right the main focus should be on the quest to elect Donald J. Trump president. It will take all of us voting for him, Christians, Mormons, Catholics, atheists, agnostics and it really doesn’t matter what religious beliefs any of us have. I don’t even know where I fit in any of those categories because of my beliefs so I guess I should include the Confused also. 😁

Just Vote Trump!

• Gail Combs says:

Never forget CENSORSHIP chrystalia99,

I found it to be alive and well since January 2015. Certain words and websites will get your comment booted into outerspace and the comment does not even show in the spam filter of the website owner.

We did a bit of testing on it at ChiefIO’s and StevenGodard’s websites.

• chrystalia99 says:

Some censorship comes from the chat programs themselves–Disqus updates their banned link/banned words files regularly, as do some of the other websites.

What I hate is when sites like Red State suddenly begin banning long time members for not going along with the party line, without altering their terms.

• Jenny R. says:

Some are most definitely going to be influenced — faith is important to many people and they don’t want to risk it. Therefore it was always going to be a target of opportunity for people like Cruz and Romney (and their mouthpieces). This cannot be helped.
        Of course there are others who will not be influenced — and my greatest hope is that they can turn the tide against fellows like Cruz and Romney who use religious influence on their fellow believers…because God did give us free will and demands of us that we use it wisely and well, and always with a deep love and regard of him and his law.

• Thank you! I totally agree!

• Concerned Virginian says:

Thank you so much. I am a Reform Mormon, and Glenn Beck DOES NOT speak either for me or for other Reform Mormons. If I may add something to the table here:
        I believe that Beck, AND the other religious leaders who are pushing Ted Cruz, are all making hay out of playing on the beliefs of many God-fearing people of all Christian denominations COMBINED with many peoples’ fear of what is happening to our Representative Republic. When you play on these two fears together, you get a toxic mix that Beck hopes will propel Ted Cruz to the Presidency—NOT ONLY to fulfill this “last days” talk, but ALSO to “save the United States” from dissolving into chaos and/or dictatorship.
        Either way, you get Ted Cruz being pushed as a “complete savior”—a combination of religious and secular “savior”.

• chrystalia99 says:

I agree with the combination of fears for the country and spiritual issues being a powerful driver right now, Do you have any theories as to why no religious leaders are speaking out about what Beck is peddling?

• Concerned Virginian says:

Thank you. There are a handful of religious leaders who are actually speaking out for Donald Trump. The ones who bought into the “Beck Kool-Aid”, in my opinion, are either staying well away from the “separation of Church and State” discussion, and/or would rather have a “quasi-theocract” in the shape of Ted Cruz to replace the person in the White House right now.

• Stefano says:

Yes of course they don’t speak for all, but let’s face it :
          The numbers in Utah are abysmal,highly disappointing,they show that a great plurality of Mormons are happily drinking this stuff.
          Either that or… they just love the GOP establishment, Mitt Romney , Lindsey Graham, McCain McConnell and all those dogs.
          Cruz has Utah already in the bank and Trump’s campaign has already given Utah up,maybe even the chance of keeping Cruz under 50%.
          Talking about “low info voters” ..that GOPe sheeple is apparently giving Utah to Cruz at 53% with Trump dead last at 11% well behind Kasich..if the polls have any credibility.

• Gail Combs says:

As a teenager I was struck by the truthfulness of these quotes from Lost Horizon by James Hilton

“Must we hold that because one religion is true, all others are bound to be false?”…..

“The jewel has facets,” said the Chinese, “and it is possible that many religions are moderately true.”

Is it not the height of arrogance to say one MANMADE religion has a monopoly on the word of God?

• chrystalia99 says:

Yep, it is, actually. If you posit that aliens may exist because “we exist”, then you could also posit that because “we” are both self aware and have developed religious structures, others we run into might do/have done the same.

• corimari2013 says:

My church is not political–our pastor does not tell the congregation how to vote.
      However, he has said “do not listen–turn them off” about those who assume the will of God when promoting themselves.

• Mimi says:

And Cruz being a dominionist is quite okay with it.

• Eskie Mom says:

Maybe, for some, it’s this. My favorite pastor was talking about the Garden of Eden & that someone had asked him why the tree of knowledge was put there if Adam & Eve weren’t supposed to eat it’s fruit. It was put there because God Wants us to make a choice. We can choose to obey Him or we can choose not to, but the choice is ours. Where would the meaning be if we had no choice?

The issue isn’t whether or not there is evil/ sin in this world. The issue is whether or not we choose to fall in with it or choose not to.

We can fight it or not, but we will never eradicate evil/ sin in this world. Isn’t it more effective to try to immunize individuals against evil (so to speak) than to try & overcome a foe that we simply cannot? (Not even the flood eradicated evil.)
      That is do-able.

• anon nona says:

Thank you.

Romney, Beck and Lee and many other Mormons have shown they are corrupt. They are a stain for the Mormons.l, which is unfortunate.

All religions have their nut jobs and corrupt people. Boehner is Catholic, Rove is Atheist, Biden is Catholic, Rubio has been four different religions…………
      I looked up every single person in the Senate and Congress but can’t remember who is whst religion. You can not blame the religion.!!!!!

If you want to blame the religion then bash them all equally, not just the Mormons.
      Every religion can be ridiculed.

• KitKat says:

Did you look them up individually? A long time ago I found a web site that tracked the religion of everyone in Congress. I’m sure that site still exists, but I don’t have the bookmark any more.

• optingout says:

yakmaster2 –
      Well said. Regardless of one’s faith or lack thereof, this is an election for president, not pastor. A candidate (and his supporters) who presents himself as anointed by God is far outside of American parameters. This is not about hating Mormons or disputing religious doctrine. It’s questioning a candidate’s sanity and sincerity.

• Gail Combs says:

“Let’s please not argue amongst ourselves….”

Truer words. It does no good for various groups to argue the fine points. There really are only two options.

You are a good person and try to live by the ten commandments or similar rules depending on the religion, or you are an evil, sociopath only interested in what you can get by fair means or foul.

Arguing the fine points just turns off the good men and women who would have your back in a fight and at this pouint we need every single one of them. I really do not care ir they are Mormon, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddist, or any other religion or not religious at all. The only thing that matters is whether they are civilized humans willing to support our Constitution.

4. angryduc says:

Look at those two pudge belly’s that is absurd.

5. ThePatriot says:

There are two white horses described in The Book of Revelation. Wonder which one he is talking about?

6. Linda Ruth says:

The CIA, or aka Communists in America, are the enemy. Subversion and destabilization of society, including any form of Christianity. Don’t argue which one, Hate the real enemy. So are Cruz and Daddy unwitting CIA puppets, or willing CIA deceivers?

Saturday, October 17, 2015
    Ted Cruz’s NeoCon Bonafides
    Attention Christian Conservatives who have been fooled by Edwardo Ted Cruz.
    The NeoCon/CIA/Media tells you that Ted Cruz is an “outsider,” and Ted tells you he is a “Restorer of the Constitution.” Is it true?
    Ted Cruz’s “uncomfortable advisors.”

“In summary: Who is Ted Cruz, really?
    Ted Cruz, a career politician with some pretty strange close connections. AS an adult, when he wasn’t getting a government check he was working for the NeoCons in private practice. He was mentored by Paul Weyrich, a CIA asset and head of MANY CIA front organizations, a father of the NeoCon movement and one of the founders of the Christian Dominionist Cult, (which Ted’s Father belongs to). At one time Paul Weyrich ran 17 of these organizations out of one office on K-Street. Ted Cruz’s wife, Hedi, as a member of the infamous Globalist Organization the Council on Foreign Relations wrote the blue print for the North American Union, called, “Toward a Greater, North American Community.” Don’t let the title fool you, it is for the creation of a Politburo Style governing body over a BORDER-LESS Mexico, U.S. and Canada, un-elected, and answerable to no one, like the E.U. Politburo . . I mean “Parliament,” something which Joseph Stalin would be proud.

Cruz political operatives will claim to you, that Heidi Cruz wrote a dissenting part of that North American Union (NAU) Blue Print, but I’ve read it and there is no dissent in it.

We know that the Christian Dominionist cult was created by Paul Weyrich and the CIA. We know Ted Cruz’s father is a “believer” in the tenets of this cult since there is ample video out there with Papa Cruz preaching Dominionist Heresy. In this cult Ted Cruz has been “Anointed to Be King.” (their language not mine.) Another item that ties Cruz to this cult is that two Texas Billionaires who are “Dominionists” just donated 15 million dollars to Ted Cruz’s Campaign. ”

The CIA’s “Citizen Saboteurs”: Declassified Intelligence Manual Shows How the US “Destabilizes” National Governments
    By Jake Anderson
    Global Research, December 09, 2015
    Antimedia 7 December 2015
    “When most people think of CIA sabotage, they think of coups, assassinations, proxy wars, armed rebel groups, and even false flags — not strategic stupidity and purposeful bureaucratic ineptitude. However, according to a declassified document from 1944, the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), which later became the CIA, used and trained a curious breed of “citizen-saboteurs” in occupied nations like Norway and France.”

• booger71 says:

I might add that “Madison Avenue” have used tactics first developed by the OSS and early SeeAyeAay to brainwash all of us to buy useless junk from TV and print ads.

• flova says:

Well, Cruz was Cruz, a citizen of Canada when he was running for Senate in 2012, and a Bush lawyer, etc.

After he jumped on the Tea Party bandwagon why didn’t anyone vet him? Seems the Tea Party ‘leaders’ are responsible for giving him a platform and a job without any background checks. And Palin didn’t practice due diligence either.

Sure, it’s water under the bridge but no wonder when these so called conservatives backed by the Tea Party get to DC they don’t do anything. And worse, now we have one sabotaging a presidential election!

• optingout says:

flova –
        MPAI (most people are idiots) and looking for a saviour. They believe their favorite talking head (tv or radio) and look no further for information. They unquestioningly accept the majority of the left’s tenets (equalitarianism, blank slate theory, evolution stopped at the neck) and cling to the belief the “system” is fair and working just as envisioned when designed in the 1700s. They refuse to deviate from the rules and are desperate to be liked or considered “nice.”

7. Mao's Noodle says:

haha great pic, so much going on there. Never trust a man with his hands in his pockets.

8. Dora says:

In 2010 Hubby and I – along with a few relatives and friends – attended Glen Beck’s ‘Restoring Honor’ rally by the Lincoln Memorial. Sarah Palin was there. We heard Alveda King speak. It was a wonderful day. There were tens of thousands of people there. We came home from that experience feeling excited and enthused. He was a different Glen Beck back then. Not the creepy fanatic who is on the stage now.

Was he hiding this personality from us back then? Were we being taken for fools? Did Glen somehow unravel during these last 5 years? I am very confused.

Remembering how much I once admired this man, I am also concerned. We are watching him fall apart. Cruz, Romney and the others, are taking advantage of a man who obviously needs help. They should be ashamed!

I find this all very sad and I will pray for Glen Beck. That’s all I can really do.

• KBR says:

From Wikipedia on Glen Beck:
      Clip>
      While working at WPGC, Beck met his first wife, Claire.[32] In 1983, the couple married and had two daughters, Mary and Hannah. Mary developed cerebral palsy as a result of a series of strokes at birth in 1988.[32] The couple divorced in 1994 amid Beck’s struggles with substance abuse. He is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict,[33] has said he has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).”[34][35][36]

By 1994, Beck was suicidal, and imagined shooting himself to the music of Kurt Cobain.[35] He credits Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) with helping him achieve sobriety. He said he stopped drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis in November 1994, the same month he attended his first AA meeting.[35] Beck later said that he had gotten high every day for the previous 15 years, since the age of 16.[27]<clip

Whenever we hear of the “unraveling” of an addict, it likely means that the addict has fallen off the wagon.

Mormons: will you elect one who is being portrayed as the “Savior” by an unraveling addict?

• susanswa says:

I was there, too – what a wonderful day! Everyone was smiling and laughing and there wasn’t ONE piece of trash left on the grounds – cleaner than when a half a million people occupied that beautiful space had arrived. So respectful. Exactly the opposite of who Glenn has become. A ranting lunatic who I believe thinks he’s some kind of prophet now. It is weird and people who used to be nice are mean-spirited lunatics right along with him. What will they do when he loses? Poor things.

• optingout says:

susanswa –
        Please consider whether you are perhaps mistaking form for substance. Manners and friendliness are valuable commodities from a homogeneous, high-trust society. They are destroyed by diversity.

Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally lionized Martin Luther King, Jr. His real name was Michael King. He was a plagiarist, a repeated adulterer who liked beating up White whores, and an avowed communist who believed in massive wealth transfers from White to Negro Americans. Despite his famed rhetoric and quotes, he did not in practice want individuals judged by character, but by skin color.

Those who identify as conservatives need to do some research and reconsider their adoration of this leftist icon.

• Jenny R. says:

Glenn Beck is a man who is wrapped up himself in all manner of delusions and has been for quite some time. On this matter I do feel a lot of pity for him.
      BUT, he has now transferred his delusions onto others and used them — so fate will not be kind to him, and I do not feel an ounce of pity there.

• sDee says:

I was at that rally too having been to the two massive spontaneous rallies before in DC. Although it was powerful, I sensed a very different energy in the air – it felt a bit staged and theatrical.

Remember, this was all around the time Beck was pushed out of Fox and moving to Texas.. He had been doing a very thoroughon-air expose of the Obama’s roots, the globalists, UN, and all their ties to Obamacare, politicians, labor unions and various Soros funded subversive groups.

Something happened then to Glenn Beck – something dark perhaps.

• Christopher Johnson says:

A couple of points about Glenn. First, his mother suffered from an adult onset mental illness that drove her to suicide (Glenn has talked about this in the past) and Second, a lot of the wilder stuff started shortly after his father died.

From personal family experience that sort of thing can easily drive you back to the bottle if you’ve not got some excellent support and then its a downhill slide back to the bottom (because that usually seems to be the only way out) that some people don’t survive.

So to answer the question… No, its NOT the same Glenn Beck as before. He HAS changed and whether its genetic, grief and backsliding or a combination of the two its probably going to end up costing him everything (and those around him nearly so).

• Notmeagain says:

That’s about the most charitable and potentially helpful thing left for such a disordered mind as his, prayer. Sad that curing mental illness is so difficult.

• georgiafl says:

Background:

At the Iran Rally (9/9/15) event, Beck got spitting mad because Sarah Palin appeared on the same stage with Donald Trump. The reason for that is Beck’s choice of Cruz for President.

Before that (2011?), Beck strained his relationship with Sarah Palin when he read one of her private email on the air.

Beck went to the border with Cruz in July 1014 to deliver toys and food, revealing his choice of Cruz and amnesty/immigration/foreign workers, which also separated Beck from Palin and Trump’s positions on Immigration and jobs for Americans.

Then there was the Nevada caucus when Trump’s crowd drowned out Beck’s speech when Trump entered the building.

Beck has separated himself from almost everyone else but Cruz.

9. shirley49 says:

I think the Utah primary is coming soon. If I am not mistaken, that is Mormon Country and Beck thinks he can influence them.

10. teaforall says:

This says alot for the Mormon Religion. To think that one person is sent to save the world. People actually believe this, and that Crux wants to be POTUS. This is psych-ops 101 Cruz and all his supporters , need to be expose for who, what they really are. This is really mind blowing

11. barton2016 says:

The media will ignore these weird events in the primary and then put a big fat spotlight on it in the general.

12. Arkindole says:

Doing it for the Mormons? Most likely. However, if you go by the comments sections on a number of newspaper articles out of Salt Lake City, Provo, and Ogden from the past week or so you’ll get the impression they aren’t buying it in the least. It really doesn’t matter what the topic or the article is (think CTH), just pick a political topic and read the entire set of comments.

You’ll find a rather odd thing, insofar as the Trump bashing is not as strong in many instances as the Cruz bashing. With 11% projected, you’d sure expect to see more bile for Trump and more love for Cruz. Neither apparent at all.

If you claim the earth is flat long enough some people may start to believe, and you might even convince yourself. It’s called the “Beck Effect”. An example might be “seeing” that strong positive slope on temperature derived from completely flat climate data. Entirely Beckian.

• Gail Combs says:

“If it’s that easy to drag scientists along with data, think of the possibilities with faith.”

All it takes is a large dollup of $$$ and the threat of the loss of your job plus blacklisting.

Think Dr. Bill Gray, Dr. Zbigniew Jaworowski Ernest Beck, Dr. Happer, Dr. Murry Salby, Dr Tim Ball and many many more.

In the case of a church think IRS audit and 501C3 status.

13. KBR says:

Wikipedia article linked in SD article:
    Clip>
    In 1922, the LDS Church’s fifth presiding bishop, Charles W. Nibley, stated that “the day would come when there would be so much of disorder, of secret combinations taking the law into their own hands, tramping upon Constitutional rights and the liberties of the people, that the Constitution would hang as by a thread. Yes, but it will still hang, and there will be enough of good people, many who may not belong to our Church at all, people who have respect for law and for order, and for Constitutional rights, who will rally around with us and save the Constitution.<clip

This says nothing about Cruz. This says nothing about elections. This says not by Mormons alone.

These people are talking about saving the CONSTITUTION.

While Cruz claims to be a “constitutional scholar” that means he studied the constitution, not that he plans to keep it. His goal in studying the constitution was to break it, not to save it, so that he could have dominion over the (planned) North American Union, which Heidi wrote about.

The only “good people” who “have respect for law and order” as well as the majority of those police, border guards, who actually do work for law and order ARE TRUMP SUPPORTERS.

Cruz has sided with those who have no respect for law and order, by failing to blame foul-mouthed rabble rousers for their own lack of abiding in law and order.

Mormons who have any respect for law and order need to observe who the law and order candidate is, and whom the people on the front lines of law and order recommend!

• KBR says:

🇺🇸Donald J Trump🇺🇸
      The man who will save the sovereignty of the USA, and thus
      Will save the Constitution thereof!

• faridrushdi says:

So we Mormons must support the candidate that YOU believe is the law and order candidate and if we don’t then we have no respect for law and order???

This is why Trump is losing in Utah and lost in Idaho and you’re making my job as a local Trump supporter even MORE difficult. It’s things like this that keep getting thrown back in my face when I try to explain why Trump is THE American candidate. “Have you read what they write about us?” is what I hear the most.

Utah is known as the law-and-order state. They were still executing with a firing squad when the other states were stopping theirs. You don’t want to run afoul with the law there. But because they may see candidates differently than you, and they vote for someone else, you tell them up-front that they don’t have any respect for the law.

And you wonder why Trump is having a tough time with Mormons.

I’m not asking anyone to change their views, but I live right in the middle of Mormon Central, and the “I know better than Mormons” is guaranteeing a loss tomorrow and it’s going to be tough in November.

• I guess we will see after their primary tomorrow.

14. Mao's Noodle says:

Is Beck a Judas goat? “We must open our hearts” to La Raza, felons on the run from Mexican authorities and serial offenders, with “Teddy Bears”, hot meals and soccer balls, is that right, Beck?

Kindly, some people see you as intellectually challenged or delusional. This is because they are brought up to see the good in people, not the bad. I see it as potentially treasonous. It is certainly evil.

• georgiafl says:

Someone called Glenn Beck a charlatan….watching him ‘preach’ is a wonder to behold.
      He knows how to use his voice, Scripture, appeal to emotions and fears – the audience seemed mesmerized. Beck is a talented deceiver.

• georgiafl says:

From the beginning of Christianity, people have tried to hijack its power and influence for their own agendas.

Simon the Sorcerer comes to mind when I listen to Glenn Beck. See Acts chapter 8.

15. Mao's Noodle says:

Beck ought to take in unprocessed illegals and share his home with them, if he wants to demonstrate his love. Since any rational person would not do this, why does he advocate the entire country does it? I have no nice thoughts about that.

• georgiafl says:

That was pretense. Beck is without empathy – the same week he fired many employees to cut back expenses in his debt-ridden empire, he bought a jet and a Maserati automobile.

• Mao's Noodle says:

Amazing how someone can do that to others. Obviously, the next question is who did he buy from, with what money, at what deduction and at what price for his integrity? That price is looking like it has a number. What a mockery of those constituents he appeals to in terms of the wages of sin.

16. KBR says:

To MORMONS who read and post here:

Please go back and read again here, especially BobbiD post. Go back and see the support throughout the thread.

I notice that many “new names” are posting very negative comments. Remember that. Who are these people?

• faridrushdi says:

To KBR: There are many here who support the faith, and that’s great, but it’s not necessary. We just need it to be fair. And those who support Mormons doesn’t in any way take the sting out of what the others say about them (us). It makes it harder to support Trump when people are saying you are “low information” or “corrupt,” or an “apostasy,” or worse.

Regarding the “new names,” why is that even a discussion to be had? I have been reading here for six months but never felt the need to respond. Prior to South Carolina, I found a new outlier poll and posted about it with a link. I was attacked. “Who is this guy?” asked one person. “Is he on the level?” asked another. My favorite was “Can anyone vouch for this guy?” A new person can have the same insight as a first-poster. That shouldn’t be an issue. Then many of my posts went into moderation. A coincidence? Maybe.

I have written several comments about Mormons and Trump because it is what I know. I was born a Muslim, moved on to atheism and have been Mormon for 40 years. After two decades of living in Florida and Michigan and Virginia, I have spent the last 25 years in Utah and Idaho. I am also a political reporter and have written and interviewed Mitt Romney, former Utah governor Mike Leavitt and many others about Mormons and voting and the 2012 election. I hear first-hand what these very Mormons you are commenting about are saying about what YOU are saying.

Don’t you want a first-hand view of what’s happening on the ground here? If a large voting bloc is having a problem with things being said, don’t you want to know? Five days before the Idaho election, I did some interviews for a story about Trump in Idaho. I knew then it was going to be a rout. I did some unofficial exit polls outside my precinct and I stopped counting at Cruz 61, Rubio 29, Trump 9. But when I try to provide this information here, some of the purist commenters want to know who I am, and what my intentions are. So this information ended up going to Bill Mitchell and others who cover Trump.

And FYI, I had 15 friends and family over for a Sunday barbecue yesterday from Utah. NONE were going to caucus for Trump (mostly they were for Cruz and several weren’t going to caucus) and several told me that Trump didn’t like Mormons. But they didn’t like Romney either, and they HATE Beck. so it’s something more underlying than that.

The last thing we want at the only real fair-to-Trump site is having bad news scuttled or allowing unfair statements about anyone–or anything–to color the truth found here. I’m trying to help.

17. KBR says:

Two weeks ago, an elder gentleman came to my door, an LDS missionary. I walked out onto my porch and greeted him. When he had announced his purpose, I smiled.

I said “I study the whole Bible, but I take my faith directly from those words in red letters, which are Jesus’ words. If we were to discuss faith, would you challenge the words of Jesus I would quote to you? Would you use the words of any man to challenge the words of Christ?”

He smiled, tipped his hat, and walked away. I wished him a good day.

As he stepped away, I said, “Vote for Donald Trump.”
    He said nothing but nodded, tipping his hat again.

• smiley says:

ever try that with 2 JW’s ?
      I no longer engage with Jehovah Witnesses in any discussions about Scripture.
      they have twisted it to fit their false doctrine, and will not budge from the wrong interpretations.
      and they do not leave, like your guy did.
      they will wear a person down with pamphlets, arguments and expressions of pity (!!), insisting that Yeshua is not GOD.

if its not Scriptural, its a lie.
      the so-called white horse “prophecy” is total nonsense, misinterpreting The Book of Revelation….big time.
      and…no one really knows for sure who actually said it !

• KBR says:

Why yes, I have. The results were pretty much the same. I quote only Jesus. They have no real comeback to that. Generally they leave quietly after offering me pamphlets, which I do not take, politely stating that Jesus’ words are all I need.

• Menagerie says:

I can tell you from personal experience that Jehovah’s Witnesses will stop coming when you invite them into your home and they catch sight of icons and rosaries. We had a good dialogue going until then.

• Notmeagain says:

I will definitely remember that tactic! Although I’ve never met an elderly missionary and the young LDS missionaries are much more persistent. I take any literature from all the proselytizers who come around and recycle them, like Lame Cherry–s(he) mentioned recently going to thrift stores and buying questionable religious books, burning them to get them out of circulation. I do the same with liberals books.

• faridrushdi says:

There are no elderly LDS missionaries. The occasional one you may see is called a “split,” when a missionary goes out with a member of the local ward. It happens occasionally but not often. It’s required that the two missionary companions be on an actual mission from somewhere outside the state.

• Jett Black says:

NNNNIIIIIICCCCEEEE!

• My experience with Mormon missionaries has been very different. I have spoken mostly with the younger ones and they all seem to know their Bible scriptures very well by heart and subject matter. They are earnest, hardworking young men and women, polite almost to a fault. I have no problem with them out and about teaching their beliefs when so many their age are just hanging out or wasting time. Haven’t met too many of the older ones.

18. Geri Smith says:

Not once does Lyin’ Ted talk about building a wall or deporting illegals/anchor brats in his Provo, UT speech because he won’t.

19. First heard Beck, ca. 2001. He was on air in Tampa, crying to his daughter who was supposedly listening up in north. He was crying to her that the powers that be were building him a new studio up in PA, and that he soon would return home.

His format was the inverse of Top 40 radio. Rather than play a song which lasted two minutes, fifty seven seconds and then talk, he would deliver some screed for the same length of time, reaching a crescendo at the end and then cut to some cacophonous jingle obviously crafted in house, to avoid paying the fees for playing real rock music.

He concluded his on-air crying by chanting to his supposed kid, ‘Daddy’s coming home, Daddy’s coming home.’

Dennis Hopper as ‘Frank Booth’ in David Lynch’s prophetic, societal X-Ray film, “Blue Velvet”, in 1986, chanted the same line as he had his way with ‘Dorothy Valens’ (Isabella Rossellini).

Beck’s coloratura histrionic chanting ‘Daddy’s coming home’ over and over conjured the image of Dennis Hopper on the carpet atop Rosselini, flames coming from his mouth; fantastic.

Conclusion drawn at that time: this on-air clown, if he believes what he’s saying, needs third level clinical intervention; evaluation, stabilization, medication.

If he does not believe his words, if he’s merely putting one over on the audience, he needs to stop because eventually he’ll be seen as a charlatan.

Either way, he’s nuts.

And he’s also part of the homosexualized BIgRadio which from the 90s favored putting on the air, only men with effeminate, screechy, geeky voices.

20. Jenny R. says:

What Beck is leaving out is the other part of that Mormon prophecy: that Jesus will come back to Independence, MO, and everyone will become Mormon (or perish), and then the Mormon priesthood will have America as a platform to establish a theocracy around the the world and the priesthood shall have conferred upon them great riches and power, yadda, yadda, yadda…
    If this sounds a lot like what Ted’s “Christian” church is peddling, then yes, you are correct., it does. If it sounds a bit like what Islam is peddling, then yes, you are correct, it does.
    If you wonder why this is so, well then look up the histories of the Catholic/Orthodox churches and a certain priest by the name of Arianus (Arian would be the Anglified name) and his influence upon Christianity. Then you’ll understand it.
    And no, not every person belonging to those three religious sects are on board with this stuff (although some are most definitely) and have been hoodwinked a bit themselves…but as someone else here very wisely brought up: the issue isn’t with the people or even most of their congregations, it’s a problem at the core philosophy of the religion itself that causes this — until they root it out others just like Beck and Romney, Ted and Rushdooney are inevitably going to come along.

• Jenny R. says:

..and no, no sane person is going to see this and not run far away from Ted…but how many will see, and how many any more are sane? Those are good questions.

• sDee says:

Good observations. It is clear that few Catholics understand that the Pope is using te pulpit to push a very dangerous marxist/globalist agenda. Whether it be homosexual agenda, abortion, sustainable development, open borders etc,…… how many Protestants question their churches’ alignment with the State?

These are dangerous times.

• AdamSelene says:

There are many of us Catholic who do. Many, many Catholics are well aware of the rot that has taken hold of Christ’s Church. And many are working to expunge it.

21. solomonpal says:

How do they spin it if Cruz does not get nominated ?

22. Clc says:

my preacher says that the rider of the white horse is the antichrist. followed by the red horse(war), followed by the black horse (famine), followed by the pale horse (death). if ted cruz is on that white horse, I don’t want to have anything to do with him.

• Notmeagain says:

Rev. 19:11
      The Rider on the White Horse
      11And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself.…

• Raven says:

That is when Jesus returns. Check out Revelation 7. The first horse is white and its rider is also wearing a crown. That rider is the anti-christ who is closely followed by death and destruction.

23. Ono says:

Does Beck give 10 percent of his income to the church? haha

Ted asks for people to tithe directly fro him..$10 $20… $100

Brother Love and his traveling salvation show

24. Michael H. Albiniak says:

I don’t know about anyone else but I am as much an opponent of the idea of a Mormon theocracy as I am of a Muslim one ( or for that matter a Baptist, Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist or any other theocracy). I served a time in the USMC and did my small (very small) bit to secure everyone’s right to the free exercise of their religion but I also served to secure everyone’s right to be free of a state established religion. So by all means practice your religion however you choose privately, but in the public sector, “Don’t Tread on Me!”. This superstitious nonsense about being somehow “anointed to rule” is all the more reason to cast ones vote elsewhere, IMO.

• americalsgt says:

Thanks for doing your bit Mike. It’s a botherhood of bit doers that makes it work for all.

• davsel says:

Though I share your sentiment concerning never establishing a theocracy, I do not intend to practice my religion “privately.” The Constitution contains no requirement for private worship, and it is a slippery slope when one advocates for it.

25. americalsgt says:

The idiocy of penny wise and pound foolish. To get the Mormon vote Cruz lets Beck play this card and in so doing makes Cruz a joke.

26. LM says:

What happened to Beck after 2011….why did he change? Well in 2012, in June, Beck received a 100 million dollar contract for his radio programs from Clear Channel, owned by Bain Capital, owned by Mitt Romney…partner of globalists including Goldman Sachs and a long time participant in the policies and programs of the Bushes.

27. Kathryn J Hernandez says:

The audacity! I am Pentecostal. I study heresy. This Dominion Theology stuff is pure bunk! Manmade and, as all cults, is typically designed to make some rise above others; Not biblical! True Christians are often lead astray into a “works” cult because they do not bother to study, read or discern. Trump simply has faith in Jesus Christ. Its all anyone needs for salvation. Anything added to the Bible is just “works-related” & God defies works, “lest any man should boast.”

28. Dick Albright says:

This whole “Mormon” statement @ issue is not just about Cruz (although culpable with his Dominion Theology). It is about the mental stability of Glenn Beck and his acolyte Cruz.

29. john says:

Religion of any kind = mysticism…..Leaves no room for objectivity or rationalism, which are the main requirements for man to live his life….the rest is just a side show.

Lets try to live in the 21st century shall we? And for all our sakes….renounce Cruz and his wacky buddies….

30. Toronto Tonto says:

Please please please get Cruz out of the race. He makes me sick to my stomach looking at him.

31. Bart Manson ✓ᴺᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃˡᶦˢᵗ says:

This is the kind of lunacy Cruz will surround himself with in his administration. Nutjobs like Glenn Beck and Crazy Pops Cruz who believe Cruz is some sort of angel annointed by God to save the faithful.

• jedimastertrump says:

On Friday, this will all culminate in a media extravaganza where Glenn Beck will lead the faithful in the Cruzifiction of Teddy.

Three days later he will rise up and declare he is the only one who can beat death and donald trump.

32. 180daysofkindergarten says:

As already stated here, I am a conflicted Catholic who is pretty darn uncomfortable with a lot of things. I wish like crazy that we could get the religion out of politics. Beck, Cruz, Romney are all nuts imo but then again so was the Obama as a messiah crap of the last 8 years.
    These guys take religion and turn it into a religion of their own egos. It is making me sick.

• I never once read a command from Jesus to pursue public office. Jesus and the apostles only discussed how to govern amongst believers. The whole issue of public government should only be seen within the framework of the Constitution. I am a Christian.

33. Backspin says:

I have long thought that Beck is a construct. A pen name. A totally made up persona and history and background. He is in place to do a job, (Deception & Misdirection ) and you can tell …..( long pause for dramatic effect )………that he has been trained. Remember he came on the scene shortly after Rush had his Oxy-Clean moment , Beck was a backup mouthpiece.

34. MikeF says:

Glenn Beck is insane and so is Ted Cruz and his father with their Dominionist/Seven Mountains beliefs of transfering wealth to Christians so that Jesus not will, but CAN, return.. Totally unbiblical based off of gross misinterpretations of Scripture. Jesus doesn’t need anyone to set up a Christian nation with Ted as a supposed righteous king, Jesus never demanded it of His followers, and certainly will return at the appointed time.

35. truthandjustice says:

Apparently, Romney was also thought of to be the “one” when he ran. I remember reading about the same stuff with him. Well, that didn’t work out so well. It’s just more political strategies as SD suggested – using Cruz to syphon as many votes/delegates from Trump as he can. Cruz knows he won’t be the nominee.
    Which reminds me — don’t miss the article by Roger Stone about “their” plan to steal the nomination of Trump at the convention even if has the “magic number” or more.
    It’s not about the first ballot – it’s the deceit they play with the procedural votes, etc. Says Trump campaign is too “inattentive” to this process. ???

“Republican state chairs are planting Trojan Horse delegates into slots won by Trump on the first ballot to vote with them on procedural votes to pass the Rules and Credentials Reports that will seal the “Big Steal.” This is going on in Texas, New York, Massachusetts, Michigan, Connecticut, North Dakota, and other states.”

36. Amy Insalaco says:

I live in Utah, I am a practicing Mormon, and I am APPALLED at what happened at the Ted Cruz rally. I used to respect Mike Lee, and I tolerated Glenn Beck. The so-called “White-Horse Prophecy” is NOT part of LDS Church doctrine and having a crowd of mostly Mormons chanting “I believe” to Glenn Beck’s wresting of scripture is absolutely mind blowing. I’ve NEVER seen that in the LDS Church, and I’ve been a member all my life.

I want everyone to know that Glenn Beck does not represent what I believe and what I have been taught all my life. The only thing that we are told from the pulpit is to study out the issues and vote according to our conscience. I have friends, active Mormons, who support Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, Ted Cruz, and I support Donald Trump. What I heard and saw from Glenn Beck, and tolerated by Mike Lee I might add, is disturbing and absolutely wrong.

I would also like to add that I attended the Donald Trump rally in Salt Lake City this weekend. I have never seen a more diverse group of people gathered together in one place in Utah, united for one cause, except maybe for the Olympics. There were grandmas who had been driven over an hour and half to the venue by their 20 something grandsons, there was a group of teen-age boys who were voting for the first time in their lives, there was a middle-aged gentleman who had run for governor of the state and actually had stock in one of the “failed” Trump companies who was still voting for Donald Trump, there was a black couple behind me, and more blacks in attendance than probably live in my little southern Utah town altogether. There were poor people standing next to the very wealthy and laughing and talking and commiserating about all the problems we face as a nation. There were people who were either not Mormon, or who were not practicing Mormons, alongside devout Mormons like me. The diversity was like NOTHING I have ever seen in Utah, except as I said, during the Winter Olympics. I know, that had it not been for Donald Trump, none of us would have ever met socially.

That being said, I did my own little poll of the people around me and what they thought of Mitt Romney’s comments. The answer was overwhelmingly negative. There was one college student who said he had been the biggest Romney supporter during 2012, but that he was so disgusted by Mitt’s speech that he had been tempted to bring his Mitt Romney T-shirt to the rally and rip it up in front of the cameras. There was a middle-aged woman who had worked for Mitt Romney’s campaign and had been a delegate who had switched her vote to Trump because of the shenanigans she saw that Romney was pulling. There was also another woman, who actually lives in Mitt Romney’s neighborhood, who said that the next time she sees Mitt Romney at the car wash, she’s going to give him a piece of her mind.

What I am seeing here in Utah is absolutely the most blatant pandering to religion, to people’s good faith, and a manipulating of people who truly want what’s best for the country in a way that I have never experienced in my lifetime, and I’ve been following politics for a long time.

And I won’t get started about the protestors. My husband was supposed to come up to the rally with me but was unable to get there in time before they cut off the line. I was alone, and for the first time in my life, I was AFRAID in Salt Lake City, Utah, and I was born in this city. I couldn’t believe it! Fortunately, all was OK and a couple gave me a ride to my car, and we stayed close to the police the entire time.

I will end with this: Mitt Romney NEVER came to Utah to meet with the “little people.” He expected us to work the phone banks, to volunteer in his campaign, but he only came to Utah to meet with the donor class, and obviously I was not invited, nor were most of my friends. But, we worked for him and believed in him and excused his not coming because he had to concentrate on more “important” states. But I will say this–Donald J. Trump will not win Utah. He’s not even close. He did not need to come and subject himself to all the abuse that the protestors gave him. But he came. He talked to us “Little People”–not to the wealthy donors in the state. And even though it was too dangerous for Donald Trump himself to personally meet with us, his son, Don Jr., a billionaire in his own right, signed memorabilia for us, spoke to us, and was very gracious, despite the fact that the protestors were hanging his father in effigy just a block away. Donald J. Trump had my vote before this, but attending his rally sealed the deal for me.

How dare Mitt Romney tell us “Little People” how we should cast our vote. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again will I endorse Willard Mitt, Stab-You-in-the-Back, Romney again.

• Thanks for the insight Amy, I was wondering how those in Utah felt about Becks amazing remarks. Too bad Trump cannot win in Utah. What will the Utah voters now do about Lee when his re-election comes up. Hopefully you will teach him an important lesson.

37. BlueSky says:

Beck is certainly a flake and a screwball! No questions about it, there are bats in his belfry. Who would want an unbalanced mad hatter as an endorsement!!!?? Where is his schizo sign on neon green poster board hanging around his neck, stating that “THE END IS NEAR”? That would complete the photo op for this lame cuckoo.

38. Okeydoker says:

Beck is beyond unstable. I am surprised the mormons havent disowned this nut case.

39. Nick says:

Good Grief is right. Seems to me, Glen Beck and Lindsey Graham have morphed from one person. Two losers! With people like this in the political area, no wonder this country is not great.

VoteTrump and Make America Great Again!!

40. chiefillinicake says:

They both shop at “Frumpy Dudes “R” Us.

41. Gail Combs says:

We seem to be going from this

To Cruz on the right on his White Horse.

42. Gail Combs says:

THE MARK OF THE BEAST – HUMANS

The nuclear option for blowing Cruz, Romney and Beck out of the water.

Remember it was MITT Romney and his buddy Gruber who gave us the trial plan for Obamacare. The biggest danger with the government control of healthcare is the hoops people must jump through. We already fought (and lost) the micro-chipped drivers licences war. The new name is ‘enhanced drivers licenses’ — https://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-licenses-what-are-they

“Radio frequency identification [RFID] chips are everywhere—in passports, library and payment cards, school ID cards, and even in NFL players’ uniforms.

So why not put RFID chips in driver’s licenses? California Gov. Jerry Brown has a bill awaiting his veto or signature that would do just that. The states of Washington, New York, Michigan, and Vermont already have adopted the spy-friendly, voluntary program that links your license with the Department of Homeland Security. For the moment, the cards are designed to be used instead of passports at US land borders in a bid to speed up the entrance lines from Mexico and Canada.

But the more states that sign on, the more likely such cards could become mandatory across the country. That’s why privacy advocates are urging the governor to veto the measure. The American Civil Liberties Union, for instance, is decrying the move to RFID chips in driver’s licenses as a “civil liberties nightmare.”….” arstechnica(DOT)com/tech-policy/2015/10/rfid-tags-in-drivers-licenses-what-could-go-wrong/

Not happy with a drivers licence that can be shielded or left home, the goal is implanted RFID chips. The medical industry has already had trials.

2006-07-19 Insurers Study Implanting RFID Chips in Patients A New Jersey hospital and Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield are recruiting volunteers to have an RFID device implanted under their skin that can be used to monitor medical and family contact information.

RFID Solutions for Hospitals
    “An ActiveWave RFID system can be used to track patients, doctors and expensive equipment in hospitals in real time. RFID tags can be attached to the ID bracelets of all patients, or just patients requiring special attention, so their location can be tracked continuously. ActiveWave RFID technology can also provide an electronic link for wirelessly communicating patient data. An instant assessment of critical equipment and personnel locations is also possible through RFID technology….”

RFID Chip Now Being Issued In Hanna, Wyoming As Part Of New “Obamacare” Plan

Do you really think the government will not use access to healthcare via Obamacare to mandate implanted RFID chips sometime in the future?

43. Truthfilter says:

I listened to Beck until he became a Trumpophobe. Learned a great deal from his research on the Islamic version of the end times. He has gone too far off in a strange direction. It makes me feel sick inside to learn that Cruz isn’t what so many Christians believe him to be. I have supported Trump since he announced in June. I never disliked Cruz but thought he wouldn’t appeal to the majority of voters who live outside the Bible Belt. Half of my family and friends have held out strong for Cruz but their resolve has weakened in recent weeks. We/they are “evangelicals.” Some of us attend churches that speak in tongues and hold worship services very similar to those enjoyed by Ted Cruz and his dominionist associations.People lay hands on each other and pray. Sinners get saved. Sometimes lives are changed. For the better. (Yes. Sometimes this REALLY happens.) But none of us has ever heard of dominionism. I convinced my mother of the coming embarrassment Cruz would bring to Christians, regarding his ties to dominionist groups. She voted Trump. Trump won our state primary but Cruz wasn’t far behind. We need to convert Cruz supporters before the remaining big primaries. We need to reach out to them in our church and community groups. Sometimes, people just need a link to an article or even a copy of a printed one. Sometimes it isn’t necessary to talk or debate. Trump needs every delegate he can get. The worst thing we (or Trump )can do, though, is attack Cruz on his religious leanings because too many of his supporters identify with and participate in similar religious programs (minus the dominionist stuff.) The majority of Cruz supporters are good people with honorable intentions. None of my friends or family are the vicious cruzbots we often encounter online. They are hard working patriots who –like most non-Christian Americans-don’t have time or a great interest in following in-depth politics. But many REALLY do believe in Jesus –to the deepest parts of their cores–maybe in this case to their detriment–if that’s even possible. Trusting Ted doesn’t make them stupid, freaky, dominionist, hateful, cultist, or even wrong. They trusted the wrong guy. Hope, faith, and the ability to trust….these aren’t the characteristics of flawed or crazy people. On the contrary, some would say that these characteristics are the gifts of God. I know that this isn’t a forum for this kind of rant. But I wanted to let the commenters here know that I go to a church that might seem weird to many people on this blog. Maybe we could be a little more considerate when commenting about different Christian religious groups.

• Gail Combs says:

Truthfilter, I think we are seeing the classic ‘Let’s You and He fight’ set-up.

The cruzbots we often encounter online are likely Disinformation Analysts Commenting On Your Favorite Websites
      “Ever wonder why those same obnoxious, arrogant and infrequent users just happen to appear on the heels of very controversial posts like clock-work? They monitor, wait and then pounce of the same topics to emotionalize and antagonize legitimate users on social networking and thousands of other websites…. these “online trolls” are now being exposed as part of sophisticated, larger operation on behalf of multi-national food corporations, pharmaceutical cartels, big agribusiness and chemical companies…..”

And Sockpuppets
      Government propaganda, automated bots, and Internet trolls – The battle to control public opinion and manipulate social media (Lots and lots of links)
      “Rampant Disinformation

NATO has announced that it is launching an “information war” against Russia. The UK publicly announced a battalion of keyboard warriors to spread disinformation.

It’s well-documented that the West has long used false propaganda to sway public opinion…
      In 2013, the American Congress repealed the formal ban against the deployment of propaganda against U.S. citizens living on American soil. So there’s even less to constrain propaganda than before…..”

“Cruz has largely built his program out of his Houston headquarters, where a team of statisticians and behavioral psychologists who subscribe to the ­burgeoning practice of “psycho­graphic targeting” built their own version of a Myers-Briggs personality test. The test data is supplemented by recent issue surveys, and together they are used to categorize supporters, who then receive specially tailored messages, phone calls and visits. Micro-targeting of voters has been around for well over a decade, but the Cruz operation has deepened the intensity of the effort and the use of psychological data.”

44. Kat says:

It will be saved by patriotic Americans and not on Washington. Listen to Ezra Taft Benson Glen.

45. Okeydoker says:

Beck has convinced me that mormons are a cult. A deluded, dangerous cult.

46. labman57 says:

Teddy was anointed by God?
    If true, why then did the Good Lord make Cruz such a God-awful prick?

47. AmazedHuman says:

Oh my stars…..are you all listening to how far out of reality Glenn Beck has become? He sounds as if he’s, daily, more and more losing his mind. Why is he still on the air, in print, not in a straight jacket someplace? He’s clearly insane.

48. Plan9 from Kolob says:

Anyone who’s been a Mormon realizes Beck has a hidden agenda in pushing Cruz as the anointed and referencing Mormon prophecies. I have little doubt Beck would like to see Cruz in the WH but Beck is also becoming the Mormon’s chief spokesperson for Mormonism not being a cult in the eyes of Christians. This has always galled Mormons despite their teachings clearly being Gnostic…many gods, God formerly a man, HS like electricity, BoM more correct, ad nausea. If it walks and quakes like a duck, it’s a duck. As to Beck’s Mormon prophecy. Sure Beck, I believe you…just like the prophecy there are men on the moon who live over 1000 years and dress like Quakers.