MIDNIGHT – We anticipated the need for more than one Super Tuesday election results thread. Hence, we numbered them (as above).

Alabama ♦ ΧAlaska ♦Arkansas ♦Georgia ♦ Massachusetts ♦Χ Minnesota ♦ Χ Oklahoma ♦ Tennessee ♦ Χ Texas ♦Vermont ♦ Virginia

….all had Republican Primary voting contests today.

super tuesday trump

• Tennessee: 8:00pm (Eastern) 20% vote for any delegates √ TRUMP WINNER
  • Arkansas: 8:30pm (Eastern) Must get 15% vote for delegates √ TRUMP WINNER
  • Texas: 9:00pm (Eastern) Need 20% vote for any delegates √ CRUZ WINNER
  • Minnesota: 9:00pm (Eastern) Must get 10% vote for delegates √ RUBIO WINNER
  • Alaska: 12:00 midnight (EST) Must get 13% vote for delegates √ CRUZ WINNER

Delegate Counts and Distributions HERE

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

456 Responses to #5 – Midnight Super Tuesday GOP Election Results – Trump Wins Seven: Vermont, Arkansas, Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Massachusetts…

1. cathie says:

crap, AP just called cruz in alaska

• TrumpFan says:

Crap is right. I feel your pain. Thanks to all the people commenting & keeping the tallies rolling here in the comments section.

Infowars’ reporter, Biggs, in Texas said some people were complaining that their Trump votes showed up as going to Rubio (odd, since Cruz took Texas).

One person left a comment at YT with all these official state phone numbers to report any hanky panky voters might experience. Save it for the next round:

[…]
      If you see or suspect voter manipulation, have the courage to record it, whip out your phone and start shooting video, and report it to the appropriate authorities first.

Alabama 334-242-7210
      Washington DC 202-727-2525
      West Virginia 304-558-6000
      Wisconsin 608-261-2028
      Wyoming 307-777-5860
      […]

• auscitizenmom says:

Is it possible that having some reports that votes were being changed to Rubio was just a ruse to keep the light on Trump and Rubio instead of the cheating going on for Cruz? Actually that is too conoluted for me to try to explain. 🙄

• Perhaps they change randomly to either Rubio or Cruz. Either way Trump loses.

• texasmama6 says:

One other thing–the cheating was reported in Travis County, which is Austin. Austin is Texas’s most concentrated liberal enclave, so the establishment man would be their choice.

• texasmama6 says:

I believe Cruz’s victory was real in Texas. It is not out of step with any but one outlier pre-primary poll. I believe the rigging was to keep Rubio in the contest. He needed 20 percent to qualify for receiving delegates, and taking from Trump kept Trump from winning an even bigger share.

2. Riddick says:

Great night overall. Felito got SAME number of Alaska delegates as did Trump, nothing to scream about for the lying Canadian.

BUT!

Trump got 4, FOUR states OUTRIGHT tonight! Who has done that in primaries before?

Anyway, I am beat, time o get some sleep.

See you all in the morning!

3. Linda Ruth says:

Remember both Cruz and Rubio are being financed by billionaires, and as well, Cruz has the CIA among his not-so-nice campaign staff for doing his dirty work. Plenty of money available to pay people to vote for particular candidates. Just have willing persons register Republican, then vote. There is no way to prove fraud unless someone tells, and what well paid off person would risk it? Especially with the CIA and other subversive operators sneaking around. The politics of the times are critical and dangerous.

4. American Dream 12 says:

Momentum back in Cruz hands. NOT good!!! Everybody in politics started to go to Trump because “he was winning” obviously. But the little wins of Cruz tonight will be enough to give hope and attract some people to dare endorsing him.

• R-C says:

“Momentum back in Cruz hands.” I’m afraid I could not disagree with you more.

• redmomerath says:

Yep. Looks like the concern trolls, much like bacteria, are evolving/adapting.

• American Dream 12 says:

What I mean is: before today all the doors were closing on Cruz and Rubio. Now a little hope came back for Cruz and whoever would want to endorse him. Small momentum but momentum nevertheless. Yesterday he had none left.

• But wait! Let’s for a moment look how it feels from Cruz point of view. Trump won 7 states tonight and 4 prior, that’s 11 states. Cruz has only won 3 (I don’t count Iowa because he cheated). In the eyes of the enemy they are seething with jealousy and they are the ones depressed and angry. Can you imagine how they feel?

Let’s not BE them!

You are focusing on the enemy’s narrative and not the team’s first place standing.

Only one reason for that: you’re going over into the enemy’s camp and hanging around. Radio and TV = enemy camp.

Start going over to the team’s camp and stay put there. We have a LOT to be thankful for and a LOT to be proud of. Trump won 7 states tonight!!

• andymilken says:

Agree. Not quite sure the gloom and doom from the Treepers here. Folks, let’s tapper down the expectation a bit here. Based on http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/. If you add the 11 delegates from AK, then Trumpy is at 304, the anointed liar and cheater@159, the sweaty one@110, the mailman’s son@27, and the good doctor@9. Trumpy has more delegates than all of them combined at the moment. 42% of the current total of 728, and 25% of the required 1237, after 15 states. Not bad for not “spending” lots of money. He got about 2.4+ million votes tonight, 1 million more than the mormon loser in 2012 w/ more delegates at this time. Let’s celebrate the victory and get ready for 3/5. Does anybody think the anointed liar and cheater can win anywhere else? Same as the sweaty one. They are both state(s) and/or regional candidate, not a national one like Trumpy.

• American Dream 12 says:

Hello Monique

I don’t think team Cruz is neither depressed or angry. They suddenly feel that have a second wind.

You know it’s funny – few years ago I was a crazy Palinista. Then she did not run. But I ALWAYS was objective. To the point that I got banned at Conservatives 4 Palin ..ha ..

I am 100% for Trump but I am not blind and I am not afraid to say what I think when he underperforms.

Right now team Cruz feels they suddenly got a second chance. I KNOW they think that. That’s gonna be a bad 2 weeks. Hope Trump is ready.

Now on the positive side he will probably win NY and NJ etc … but as of tonight … I was hoping for more 🙂

• JSBachLover says:

I think you’re right, AM12. No doom and gloom for Trump, certainly, but I don’t see how anyone here — keeping in mind all the conversation in the last week or so, and before — can say they weren’t at least somewhat disappointed in the outcome. (I expected Cruz to win TX, but OK? AK? No.) Yes, Cruz and friends (such friends as he has) are absolutely ecstatic. More than ever he sees himself as the anointed one — and I believe he truly believes he can defeat Trump. Though what he doesn’t want to contemplate or admit is that the establishment and his colleagues detest him as much, or possibly more, than they do Trump.

• American Dream 12 says:

Well thank you! I was called a troll last night! I don’t like being a “groopie” – an enthusiastic or UNCRITICAL follower. I try to stay objective. A friend of mine who is TOTALLY on the Trump train like I am and read my comments, sent me this email:

I expected Cruz to win Texas but was hoping that the margin of victory would be under 10%, but in my opinion his 16% win was impressive. Winning Oklahoma and Alaska was more than disappointing and does give Cruz much to crow about. Trump losing Alaska after Palin endorsed him shows how little influence she has anymore.

This is from an article that explains some of the significance of Cruz now having won 4 states and I would have loved to see it impossible to reach 8, but now it looks possible.

“Ted Cruz is halfway to the number of states that you need under RNC rule 40-B to be considered as a nominee in contention at the convention. You need to have won eight states going into the RNC convention to even be considered a nominee,”

Being an ostrich and sticking your head in the sand sure does not help to move forward. Analyzing the situation clearly and objectively may help doing better next time.

• sunnydaysall says:

Amen, MoniQue! I am so excited for Trump! He has the top position with 11 wins for now and there are more wins to come! But we cannot let our guard down and we need to continue the fight!! As far as I am concerned, the wins that Rubio and Cruz have are “token” wins! Go Trump!!!

• auscitizenmom says:

Monique, you so smart. 🙂

• longiron2 says:

Don’t think so! CRUZ shot his wad tonight and came away with TX his own state (expected). TRUMP won 7 out of 11. Anyone else but TRUMP the race is called. Best thing about TX is RUBIO did not get the 20%. CRUZ has a hard sell in rest of SEC and NE and Midwest and no chance on the Western US. TRUMP will win FL and OH. OH going to be tougher because of a sitting GOV but it can be done. JMO

• DJF says:

Rubio is saying he now has the momentum. Momentum is in the eye of the beholder. Bottom line: the only thing that matters is the delegate count.

5. grumpy70 says:

We’ll never hear the end of it, I’ll bet that’s going to be the #1 topic, following by how well little Marco did, and lier Ted.

• American Dream 12 says:

Yep. Exactly what I mean. Every day until the 15 (Florida) they will non stop talk about Cruz win and little Rubio. Trump has badly underperformed in my opinion. # of states means nothing if you can’t beat the other guys with enough delegates!

And what will happen with the media – talk radio etc for the next 2 weeks could really hurt Trump if he does not decide to SPEND a little more money on ground game and ads…darn!!!

• R-C says:

“Trump has badly underperformed in my opinion.”

I could not disagree with you more on this one, either. Trump has won more states than any other republican candidate ever has at this point in the race–even Reagan–and you’re sitting here throwing mud instead of celebrating a crushing victory.

Well, I’m not throwing mud at my candidate. I’m covered in mud from fighting FOR my candidate. I’m with Trump, ALL THE WAY.

Did you think this would be EASY? Did you think the desperate forces arrayed against Trump would just sit down and quit? Not hardly. This is but ONE day in a long WAR–and in the opinion of this warrior, hand-wringing and demoralizing others is no way to fight it. Our candidate is THE BEST in the field by a country mile. Now is not the time to go all wobbly. (Thank you, Madame Thatcher…)

I don’t care if Cruz wins his Pyrrhic victory in Texas–SO WHAT? And the lunatics in Minnesota voted for him? Mondale Minnesota? (Eyes rolling here.) Let Cruz duplicate that next week, and the next, and the next after that. That won’t happen.

Trump has a COMMANDING lead in momentum, no matter what the two ankle-biter senators have to say on the matter. (What else are they supposed to say? In fact, WHO CARES what they have to say? WE mean to crush them, no matter what they come up with next.)

The GOPe intends to go ‘scorched Earth’, they say. The GOPe intends to go ‘all in’ for Hillary, they say. The GOPe will install Mitt Romney at the ‘brokered convention’ they’ve been drooling over, they say. Well, here’s what I say: “Trump WILL win this nomination, because we’re going to damned well force the GOPe to accept OUR terms for surrender. They’ve manipulated us for the LAST time, and we WILL have our say in this party!”

Now is the time to FIGHT!

Even Ed Rollins has seen the light: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/03/02/trump-is-now-unstoppable-its-game-over-for-cruz-rubio-kasich-and-carson.html

• American Dream 12 says:

I love your energy! I am not throwing mud. Just trying to stay objective – I am pretty sure Trump will win and be our next president. I am just afraid that he is not spending enough in ground game and ads. He should not have lost Alaska – probably Sarah’s fault for not campaigning for him enough there. Same for OK – ground game – not alerting people to change party before they vote. Lack of ground game or ads.

Again and again: winning all those states was great and of course it is momentum but delegates are the key.

That’s all I am saying – tomorrow is a new day and we will keep on fighting 🙂

• auscitizenmom says:

R-C, well put! 🙂

• Level One Kenobi says:

Some people are going to look at the raw delegate tallies and panic, not appreciating the primary system as well as the perspective of history.

Trump is in command, period.

• R-C says:

The way the GOP establishment has ‘constructed’ the rules for this primary season is a monument to their HUBRIS.

The ‘conventional wisdom’ states that Trump ‘must’ follow these rules, or face a protracted battle at the convention…because that’s the way the rules are written.

Now, I am never one to accept the ‘conventional wisdom’. Here’s my counter to that notion: “We all know that the GOP Establishment can and has changed its rules, mid-game, to suit their needs. Well, WE will convince them to change the rules again, in OUR favor–or face the total destruction of their precious party.”

We, fellow warriors, are going to have to take the fight directly to OUR representatives and local republicans. We must impress upon them all with no ambiguity that we will NOT accept any more republican shenanigans. We must be prepared to vote out every republican at every level IF the GOP establishment continues to tilt the playing field in favor of their next-in-line LOSER.

WE have two weapons: our vote, and our campaign donations. They found a way around our withheld donations, and they smugly think they own our vote.

If the GOP Establishment continues on this path, we need to hit the entire party where it hurts. This is a battle royal that I, for one, intend to WIN.

• JSBachLover says:

Speaking of taking the fight to our representatives: I know it’s by far the best to telephone our Congresspeople, but I did attempt to write Paul Ryan an email a while ago. And I am still spitting mad that his House web page would not let me contact him in that manner because I don’t live in his district in Wisconsin! (I don’t live in Wisconsin at all.) He IS the Speaker of House, after all; so all Americans should have the right to contact him in whatever way they wish. When I do phone him he’s going to hear it about that, as well as his (and his buddies’) total opposition to their party’s frontrunner.

• Naslod says:

Amen to your post. Very strange all the downer posts lately… Positive energy to all as Trump was in his speech! Yay!

• dekare says:

I don’t think they are being downers, it’s just that with all the insane underhanded tactics of the anti-Trumps, people get worried. And whoever said it above, about anyone else but Trump with these wins, and they would be calling it all but over and a done deal for the nominee, but with Trump, they can not and will not admit that Trump is in.

If Trump loses, it will be his own undoing, or some underhanded BS. In a fair fight, Trump is next president.

• Totally agree R-C! Yours is the attitude we need to have. I do agree with Ed Rollins to get Christie off the stage. He was a bit distracting at times with the look on his face.

• faridrushdi says:

I would have loved for Trump to have won Alaska and Minnesota, but he didn’t because really, he or most of the other candidates didn’t put in any of their time there. Rubio went to St. Paul. Also, for whatever reason, Donald doesn’t do well with caucuses (he’s now 1-3).

In 2012, Mitt Romney won six Super-Tuesday states and lost three. Romney was a consummate politician. Donald Trump won seven states and lost four. He is a businessman. Under-performed?

All night, reporters kept saying, “No other candidate has ever won Vermont AND Alabama or Massachusetts AND Arkansas. Those are two different constituencies, yet Trump did.

Some say the “KKK” thing is the reason he didn’t run the table, that he lost votes. His tallies were spot-on with virtually every state save Virginia and Oklahoma which in confusing. When a candidate tanks, he tanks across the board, not just in two states.

• JSBachLover says:

Interesting piece by Rollins. He says this, near the end:

“In the very near future, the Republican leadership of the Congress and the nation’s Republican governors need to sit down and do a ‘Trump negotiation’ session. Why? Because they need to see if they can find common ground to run on.

“Trump is the ultimate salesman and he needs to sell these guys on his candidacy and convince them that together they can make it work. If not, a holy war lies ahead that will destroy the Republican Party as we know it. And worse, Hillary Clinton may end up becoming president. — Just as I underestimated Donald Trump, Republicans will be foolish if we underestimate Hillary Clinton.”

He’s right. But given the plans, mindset and power-hungry nature of the establishment, whether they’re willing to do that is a big IF.

Rollins also said this:: “My last advice is this: Mr. Trump, if you’re going to reward Governor Christie for his endorsement by letting him introduce you, get him off the stage once he’s done. No one seemed more unhappy than Christie watching you speak in Florida Tuesday night and frowning throughout your press conference. A gracious loser he’s not!”

I’ve always liked Christies, but I wholly agree he should get offstage. I don’t think his facial expression indicated ungraciousness, however. He’s got a face that doesn’t naturally smile or look content. It’s terribly hard to stand on a stage doing nothing, knowing a camera is continually on you (but not featuring you), while looking pleasant the whole time. It’s even harder when you have a face that when “at rest,” so to speak, does not smile. Some people just naturally tend to look unhappy when their face/they are disengaged. Christie is one of them. (And I’m somewhat like that myself, so I sympathize.)

• If you don’t want to hear the enemy gloat then stop listening to the enemy’s voice.

Stay happy and whole no TV and no radio, letting the rumbling and thrashing of the whitewash crash above you while you stay down below where it’s quiet, peaceful and calm.

There is an OFF button! And literally hundreds if not thousands of other things to watch and listen to online and always great books!

• American Dream 12 says:

Ha … WE will not listen – millions “undecided” will. Is that gonna hurt? I don’t know. May be.

• Mo says:

As mentioned before, your concern is duly noted, now bugger off back to Salem.

• JSBachLover says:

That kind of attitude by some Treepers just bugs the heck out of me. (I’m responding to Mo and a few others.) It comes off to me as demeaning. It also makes gross assumptions about the person posting his or her opinion and his or her motivations (and/or personality), and it’s just generally very unfair in my book.

Why should legitimate posters be told to bugger off, and to condescendingly have to hear, “Your concern i noted”? (I’ve been the recipient of that very line a couple of times myself.) So you don’t agree with the person. Say so, then move on if you don’t like what’s said. It’s very clear that American Dream 12 (as one example) is not a troll. We need not all think alike or express ourselves in the same manner.

Trump is an astonishing candidate, and an exceptional strategic thinker. But he’s not perfect and doesn’t know everything. And he’s got corrupt, evil opposition that he (and we) have to deal with. It’s not just a matter of us shutting off the news sources that are against him, singing “la,la,la” to ourselves and ignoring the downside. It’s out there. And some of us feel it has to be discussed more evenhandedly and dealt with. There’s nothing “downer” about that. To me, it’s realistic.

• American Dream 12 says:

Thank you so much. Your comment warms my heart. We are all in this together so let’s try to just think together to find the best way we can help Trump.

Thanks again JSBachLover:-)

6. Based on The Green Papers, Trump wins Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and Virginia; Cruz wins Alaska, Oklahoma, and Texas; Rubio wins Minnesota; Vermont is a Trump/Kasich tie. (TN-CD-09 has yet to report results, but that isn’t going to affect the outcome.) Trump has delegation majority in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee; Cruz has delegation majority in Texas. (Depending upon interpretation of the word “majority,” Trump may also have majority in Massachusetts.)

Yes, Trump won the popular vote in Vermont, but the split was so close (1,373 votes) that Trump and Kasich exactly split the 16 delegates, 8 each. Michigan republicans remember well the “Michigan DeleGate Fiasco” of 2012, when Mittens “won” the state, but so close that the state’s delegation was exactly split between Romney and Santorum, 15 each. The MIGOP Credentials Committee had to conduct the telephonic equivalent of a late-night backroom meeting to hijack Santorum’s at-large delegate over into the Romney column, so that the preferred media narrative could be preserved. Since the delegate count is what really matters, Sundance may want to update the ticker.

Either way, Trump didn’t achieve the two benchmarks (win eight states, plus push running delegate total over 365), so the Pair of Cubans still have an opening on paper.

• American Dream 12 says:

Thank you! You said it so much better than I did 🙂

7. red6242 says:

Trump should not do the next debate and how can anyone think that Cruz and not Trump had the huge day. This was a huge day for Trump.

• American Dream 12 says:

A huge day for Trump would have been to be way ahead in delegates so it would have been impossible to catch up. That’s what I was hoping for. Just to think: OK we got it. Now we can relax. Well – not there yet.

• red6242 says:

So this is probably headed to a brokered convention at this rate

• American Dream 12 says:

Hopefully not 🙂 My point is that he HAS to start spending more money in ads and ground game and not kind of take a win for granted. # of delegates is what counts.

• red6242 says:

I hope so but I think doing anymore debates would be a mistake since it will only get much worse with what they will do.

• American Dream 12 says:

I agree with you.Now again – bad press if he does – bad press if he does not. After the last debate if he is not there for the next one little rubio and Cruz will have their narrative all ready: see we beat him so bad he did not dare to come back..

So .. I would be him I would not go.

And then we go back to today. If he had win more delegates today – may be not Texas but at least Alaska and OK – then he would be so strong that he could have said: hey look – I am ahead – you can’t catch up – get lost.

I know I must sound really negative but I say it again – he did not win enough to be able to say that and not go to the debate based on that great excuse.

That’s what’s bothers me right now.

• phil fan says:

It’s a net wash losing AK and OK because of the Arkansas win which was apparently unexpected. But yes a sweep would have been nice to crush the Cruz/Rubio camps but Trump escapes with a sizable 150 (?) delegate lead going into the next round.He’s still on track to clinch the needed delegates before the convention.

Go Donald!

• VVV says:

^this.

8. MVW says:

So, 8 states are needed with 51% or more delegates to be nominated.

Trump now has 5, which includes the following states: South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Massachusetts, and Tennessee. Therefore, Trump needs 3 more, easy to pickup with winner take all states.

Cruz has 1 state, Texas, with 51% of its delegates.

• JB from SoCal says:

Trump 10 states won, over 50% of delegates
      Cruz 4
      Rubio 1

• KBR says:

Yes! TRUMP IS WINNING! All whiners need to sit right underneath the whistle as the train rolls on.

• jello333 says:

Right. And looking at Vermont, he and Kasich each got 8 of the 16 delegates, so not sure if that counts as a “majority”. Probably not, since it would be weird to say they BOTH had a “majority”, but I’m not certain. Regardless, Trump now has at least 5 of the 8 he needs. Looking good.

9. JB from SoCal says:

March 15, 2016
    4 big Winner-take-all states among others that day:
    FL 99, IL 69, MO 52 (caucus), OH 66.
    These four states alone add up to 286 delegates.

10. MVW says:

Assuming my math and numbers are correct, Trump now has 285 out of 593 delegates, or 48%. March 15 is where we go into winner takes all and Trump’s lead will translate into higher percentage delegate pickup. So, Trump is doing very well at this point.

• jello333 says:

Yes, doing real well. I know all of us were hoping that Donald would “run the table” (other than being cheated out of Iowa), but that was never really very realistic.

• MVW says:

We are learning how these delegate tallies crawl out of the smoke. Once the complicated calculations were done 285 became 337. Huge difference! right in line with best expectations.

11. moosebytes says:

Looking at the next two weeks -prior to the 15th, there will 356 delegates up for grabs. He should be able to pad his lead quite a bit. We’re talking states like Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi….

12. Reblogged this on Exposing Modern Mugwumps and commented:

Oh brother, I sure would have liked to have Texas go to Trump. People are so damned stupid today and don’t see the lies and treachery of Cruz…like Cubans…both of them are ineligible to even run for prez…what is this, payback for the Bay of Pigs?

• avogadra says:

Texans are loyal to Texans.

The case against Cruz needs to be made in soundbites, somehow. It took me quite a while to process Sundance’s arguments against Cruz, and most people are not that interested in the inside baseball of politics.

13. Kristin says:

Trump did well. We might have hoped for Alaska and Oklahoma. But this is a war. One might not win all battles. Sometimes one can learn a lot of losing a battle.
    We cannot be overconfident and think Trump will win everything outright.
    Every battle (state) needs to be fought for and won.
    So: go vote and take as many people with you to vote. Watch the levers, so you know you voted for the right person.

14. Mo says:

What Mr. trump did has never been done before! Open your eyes, don’t listen to the propaganda and concern trolls that have infilitrateg TCTH. It’s over, baby. If they try to pull and “stuff” in Cleveland 10 million people will flood the streets, heck I’ll drive 12 hours myself with 4 Trump Army soldiers from here.

• JSBachLover says:

Cut the concern troll crap, will you? I’ve seen no concern trolls here. Only intelIigent Trump supporters trying to have an intelligent conversation, but not agreeing on all points. It’s NOT over. It’s looking good, but it’s NOT over. Saying it’s over grossly underestimates the level of corruption of those against Trump.

• kathyca says:

It’s over. You can continue to be concerned if you like, but it’s definitely over. Trump will be the nominee and everyone knows it. At this point, “concern” is just something to kill time for the bored until March 15th.

• JSBachLover says:

I appreciate your total optimism, and of course I hope you’re right. But I’ve learned over many decades that there are few circumstances in which it’s a good idea to count one’s chicken’s before they’re hatched, to use the old cliche. It’s hard to imagine the immensity of what the opposition has at stake — and knows they have — with a Trump win; and the delegate process is a convoluted one. So I’ll continue to be very cautious; and will continue to pray that God has mercy on our country and allows us a reprieve (a very long one, I pray), beginning with Trump.