Prominent Evangelical Jerry Falwell Jr. Endorses Donald Trump…

..”We are not electing a pastor … We are electing a President to lead a nation”..

Jerry falwell jrTrump thumbs up

(Via U.S.A. Today) Donald Trump picked up an endorsement Tuesday from a prominent evangelical, Jerry Falwell Jr.

In announcing his endorsement of the businessman’s presidential bid, the president of Liberty University described Trump as “a successful executive and entrepreneur, a wonderful father and a man who I believe can lead our country to greatness again.”

The son of Liberty founder Jerry Falwell said in a statement that he sees parallels between his father and Trump.

“Dad explained that when he walked into the voting booth, he wasn’t electing a Sunday school teacher, or a pastor, or even a President who shared his theological beliefs,” Falwell said. “He was electing a President of the United States to lead a nation.”

The endorsement is not a surprise. Falwell gave Trump an effusive introduction when the businessman spoke last week at Liberty. Falwell said his endorsement is personal, and not on behalf of the university. (read more)

trump vet

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Religion, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

178 Responses to Prominent Evangelical Jerry Falwell Jr. Endorses Donald Trump…

1. RINOKiller says:

Waiting for Cruz’s counter to this…………………….

• Prominent Mormon Glenn “space cadet” Beck announces his endorsement of Ted “First Hispanic President” Cruz. 🙂

• TheTorch says:

You know there is a distinct possibility that Becky thinks he is Hispanic! I mean this is Becky after all🙂

• faridrushdi says:

Not fair to bring up “Mormon” when referring to Beck. How does that matter? Many believe that if evangelicals had voted in 2012 for Romney instead of staying home because “he was a Mormon,” we’d have had a Republican in the White House the last four years.

• stringy theory says:

If it had been Romney I don’t think things would be much different today in terms of Romney, er….Obama care, international trade pacts like the TPP, amnesty for illegals or whatever. And besides, I didn’t even mention Mormon in my comment about Beck’s crazy antics.

• Jim says:

stringy, I think farid was replying to Brian B. Your response to Torch is inset further to the right than farid’s.

farid, I paid close attention to the exit polls in the general election between Romney and Obama. The evangelicals came out for Romney and did their part, at least as a proportion of his vote. Romney even won the independent voters and lost the election. I think staying home was a much broader choice, spreading over most groups, including, but definitely not limited to evangelicals. Though fewer people stayed home for Romney than stayed home for McCain.

I think stringy is right. In 2008 I gave money to Romney but held my nose to vote for McCain. In 2012 I gave money to Cain. (That worked out really well.) I did vote for Romney in the general. If he ran again, I would want to stay home, but the idea of President Hillary or President Bernie probably would motivate me to go vote against them, holding my nose for any Republican again.

No holding my nose for Trump. I will vote for him with enthusiasm.

• stringy theory says:

Jim, thank you for the clarification. I voted for every Republican presidential nomination from Reagan down to McCain but I would not, could not vote for McCain. In 2012, I held my nose and voted for Romney/Ryan. What a mistake. I’m done with the GOP and will not vote for any more of them unless they first demonstrate by acts that they can be trusted to do the right thing for this country. Words and promises just won’t get it with me again. I hope Trump takes a wrecking ball to the GOP after he is elected POTUS.

• auscitizenmom says:

We might not have had so many muslims installed in our government. And, maybe, just maybe, there would be no “agreement” with Iran. 🙄

• stringy theory says:

Unfortunately, the majorities we gave the RINOs in Congress did nothing to stop what obozo has been doing. They have the power of the purse but did nothing but give the muzzie in the white house a blank check.

• Rev21v3n4 says:

Not really. I voted for Romney holding my nose the whole way only because I didn’t want 4 more years of zero. If we’re going to make cult jokes about Cruz, then we can do it about Romney as well because Mormonism is a well documented cult with a shady history going back to the late 1830’s. I think it’s more because people knew he was a liberal and what was the point of voting for a lighter version of that? A slow slide into the abyss in some ways worse than the full throttle zero has brought us. That full throttle has given us Donald Trump, the first real candidate to break the mold in a very long time.

• auscitizenmom says:

There would have been one great improvement. Our First Family would have looked better and had better manners.

• e.g.g. says:

So an ISIS sympathizer, a race baiter, protester funder / organizer, Caucasian hater, Christian hater, law enforcement hater, military hater, Constitution hater, is better in the white house than a Mormon in the white house.

Yep, no wonder the country is so screwed up. Wow.

• The point of bringing up the Mormon is that Beck is attacking Trump on Trump’s Christianity when Beck is not a Christian. The doctrine that defines Christianity is in conflict with the doctrine of Mormonism and thus considered a cult.

• AllOrNothing! says:

I don’t think it was because he was a Mormon. I think it had to do with him having cotton balls for testicles and a spine made of rubber. People follow leaders, they don’t follow cowards.

• mpmp2015 says:

Glenn Beck a few screws short of a hardware store.

• In all fairness to Mormons who are great people, Beck is not a prominent Mormon. It is my understanding that they don’t consider him one of theirs. My Mormon friends are more aligned and supportive of BEN CARSON and they liked Romney too.

Glenn Beck is like a fringe Mormon and fringe carny mix. I would guess most Mormons are horrified to have Beck representing them.

His padded cell awaits!

• Here in Utah Carson is popular, along with Rubio and Bush. Cruz is major factor in Utah compared to the GOPe. Because of the 3 to 4 way split inthe Mormon vote Trump might have a chance in the caucus voting on March 22nd. Utah is not a really conservative state. It is an establishment state. Mike Lee was elected on a fluke and he isn’t being primaried I because he is keeping his mouth shut on endorcing any Presidential candidates. Reminder I am not a Mormon, I identify more with Trump Evangelicals.

• stringy theory says:

Beck, from Wikipedia

He is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, was diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and has described himself as a “borderline schizophrenic.”

By 1994, Beck was suicidal, and imagined shooting himself to the music of Kurt Cobain. He credits Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) with helping him achieve sobriety. He said he stopped drinking alcohol and smoking cannabis in November 1994, the same month he attended his first AA meeting. Beck later said that he had gotten high every day for the previous 15 years, since the age of 16.

In 1996, while working for a New Haven area radio station, Beck took a theology class at Yale University, with a written recommendation from Senator Joe Lieberman, a Yale alumnus who was a fan of Beck’s show at the time. Beck enrolled in an “Early Christology” course, but soon withdrew, marking the extent of his post-secondary education.

Beck then began a “spiritual quest” in which he “sought out answers in churches and bookstores” As he later recounted in his books and stage performances, Beck’s first attempt at self-education involved reading the work of six wide-ranging authors, constituting what Beck jokingly calls “the library of a serial killer”: Alan Dershowitz, Pope John Paul II, Adolf Hitler, Billy Graham, Carl Sagan, and Friedrich Nietzsche. During this time, Beck’s Mormon friend and former radio partner Pat Gray argued in favor of the “comprehensive worldview” offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, an offer that Beck rejected until a few years later.

• ezpz says:

He’s consulting with Glen Beck.
      Maybe Pastor Rafael Dad, too.

• TheFenian says:

He’s going to get Stephen Harper to endorse.

• Crassus says:

He’s going to have Jimmy Swaggart sing “O Canada” at his next campaign rally.

• KitKat says:

Beck will say, I endorse Trump again!

• Sanj says:

Megyn Kelly endorses Cruz!….might as well or Bernie; I can’t tell which way she leans

2. TheFenian says:

Trump sweeps primaries.
    Trump wins the Presidency in a landslide.
    Trump Makes America Great Again.

3. Tampa2 says:

As expected, but a blessing to have before the Caucus.

4. fred says:

Ouch Glen Beck…. Need some medicine to get that down huh Glen. Go have a vision in your burning bush of george Washington or something. We know you will always be our favorite oracle Glen but please keep helping Ted go down in the polls your doing great so far….

5. My daughter is a student at Liberty U taking her classes online. Awesome news!

• If our beloved republic is going to be saved, I believe a TRUMP/CRUZ 2016 would be an ideal ticket to save America for future generations. Trump is FIGHTER for America and a very successful world wide businessman and CRUZ as VP would be president of the senate where perhaps he could instill some GUTS and BAcKBONE in the senators! BY THE WAY, i FOLLOWED jERRY, SR. AND LOVED HIM!

• citizen817 says:

Trump will never pick Cruz for a running mate. Cruz has no backbone, he’s sneaky & snakey, and not really accomplished at anything. Besides the fact that he is bought and paid for by Goldman Sachs, Mercer, and others to br sure. I believe Sessions or someone else that is For America would be a better choice.

• Galadriel says:

Face palm. Cruz as V.P.? Have you been reading about all the problems with Cruz here on this website the last few weeks, starting with his eligibility problems? Cruz will be lucky to stay in the Senate to finish out his term.

• If you love justice and fairness, this story about what Cruz did will change your mind. This is an example of a very bad character and a wicked heart. What he did by going out of his way to falsely imprison someone who stole a CALCULATOR. The kind of thing nightmares are made of. We are sickened to hear of malicious prosecution and false imprisonment. I am horrified.

“The Brutalism of Ted Cruz”

“In 1997, Michael Wayne Haley was arrested after stealing a calculator from Walmart. This was a crime that merited a maximum two-year prison term. But prosecutors incorrectly applied a habitual offender law. Neither the judge nor the defense lawyer caught the error and Haley was sentenced to 16 years.

“Ted Cruz was solicitor general of Texas at the time. Instead of just letting Haley go for time served, Cruz took the case to the Supreme Court to keep Haley in prison for the full 16 years.

“The case reveals something interesting about Cruz’s character. Ted Cruz is now running strongly among evangelical voters, especially in Iowa. But in his career and public presentation Cruz is a stranger to most of what would generally be considered the Christian virtues: humility, mercy, compassion and grace. Cruz’s behavior in the Haley case is almost the dictionary definition of pharisaism: an overzealous application of the letter of the law in a way that violates the spirit of the law, as well as fairness and mercy.”

• Notmeagain says:

And this is one of those Supreme Court cases that are always being held up as the prime evidence of Cruz’ brilliance. This is worse than Hillary defending a rapist.She was acting as a low-level defender, he is putting on his mantle of justice. With an attitude like that, maybe he really would carpet bomb the Middle East to wipe out ISIS.

6. TwoLaine says:

I think Norman Vincent Peale and Jerry Falwell, Sr. would be very proud!

• TheFenian says:

If you listen closely you can hear a far off cheer of “HUZZAH!” high in the sky.

It’s our Founding Fathers and the authors of our constitution celebrating in heaven.
      They know our nation is going to be saved by a great American born man who loves the constitution: Donald J. Trump.

(The faint rumble we heard on Saturday was General Washington screaming “Who gave that horse’s ass my compass ?”)

7. ezpz says:

• Crassus says:

It’s one thing to cut deals with liberals. It’s another thing to surrender completely and give away the store the way so-called “real conservatives” have been doing the past seven years. Thank goodness Trump isn’t a real conservative.

• tg159 says:

Just to preface my comments,Phil Robertson created the product,the duck call,that Willie Robertson,as ceo took and expanded on and created the empire that we know as Duck Dynasty.Phil could have never made Duck Commander into the multi-million dollar corporation that it is today,because he is too rigid and wouldn’t do business with people who didn’t share his beliefs and ideology, like insainTED.Willie,like Donald Trump,can do business with anyone,whether he agrees with their faith,ideology,or lifestyle.Thats why Duck Commander is known world wide and not some hole in the wall business in Monroe,LA.Who do you believe will make America great again?

8. R-C says:

I’m glad Falwell ‘made it official’–this is a big help in Iowa (not that Trump needs it…)

9. TheFenian says:

Coming up at 3pm Eastern – Michael Savage interviews Donald Trump

Listen online

The only radio host that matters & the only candidate that matters.

10. The Boss says:

The cloven-hooved Cruz has been slapped down, unable to tempt Falwell with smooth words. Terrific news. Trump 2016!!

11. georgiafl says:

Two rejections for Cruz – both Palin and Falwell have endorsed Trump – despite Palin endorsing Cruz for Senate and Cruz announcing his candidacy at Liberty University.

12. winky says:

Love the pic….Trump and the sweet vet……just love it more everytime I see it!!.

13. dizzymissl says:

14. margo says:

How about Franklin Graham, now?

• KitKat says:

Franklin Graham is on a year long mission to visit all state capitols and pray for the nation and he has disavowed party affiliation because he doesn’t want his prayers to appear partisan.

15. sundance says:

16. James A Johnson says:

Sorry but I’ve gotten to the point where I think anyone with an ego big enough to want to be POTUS isn’t trustworthy enough to vote for.

17. kathyca says:

This was in my newsfeed this a.m. I’m putting it hear because it involves Icahn

BREAKING: AIG Plans Divestitures, $25B In Capital Returns After Icahn Push
    AIG unveiled plans Tuesday to divest two businesses and promised to return $25 billion in capital to shareholders, a move that comes just a week after activist investor Carl Icahn urged the insurer to create a narrowly focused property and casualty company that can no longer be considered too big to fail.

18. zz4guy says:

Meanwhile Family Leader CEO and certified Nut Job Bob Vander Platts endorses Ted Cruz! LOL!

19. Oh, I love it. Hot Air, in a state of denial, as well.

20. TheFenian says:

I guess I will be the first to say it:

21. Betty says:

God bless Jerry Falwell Jr and all he sets his hand to.

22. Clc says: ok iowa voters, rick perry and glenn beck have left texas and gone to iowa on behalf of ted cruz to pump you up!

23. NJF says:

Just a quick reminder, Trump up next on Savage.

24. Howie says:

Trump is over target heading in. The enemy is desperate. Firing every thing they have.

25. bonnibrai says:

All eyes on The Pope no doubt.Or has Bernie already sewn that up?

26. faridrushdi says:

Hannity opened his show by saying, “Don’t trust the polls!” He then did what Fox has been doing for awhile, taking an older poll and saying, “A new poll shows….” when in fact the poll is many days old.
    Hannity just said, “But a new Des Moines Register Poll–considered the gold standard in polling–shows Cruz ahead 25-22%.”

For drive-by voters, they would think, “Hey, a new, trusted poll shows Cruz ahead.” In truth, that poll came out on January 11 and there have been NINE polls that have been released since that time. In those NINE polls, Trump leads in eight of them.

Why would Hannity highlight a two-week old poll, the only one in those two weeks that gave Cruz the lead, and then say that you can’t trust the polls?

One thing the Trump insurgence has done is opened my eyes to the “fair and balanced” crowd at Fox News. If Trump wins, there will be many news organizations that will find themselves with limited access to the president. My guess is that Trump will make one of his first “deals” that will force Megyn Kelly out–or down–at Fox if they want access to him or anyone on his staff.

27. Trent Telenko says:

-BOOM- goes the Trump endorsement train.

28. NHVoter says:

Blaze & NRO alum is apoplectic. Shocker.

29. NJF says:

This is a great endorsement, and I’m not surprised given his remarks @LU the other week, as well as his appearance on Hannity.

What has struck me since the Palin endorsement is how sad and bitter Beck comes across. Everyone of these high profile endorsements for Trump have come from been people furthering the “Make America Great Again,” message. They’ve articulated why they believe in him, and it’s been inspiring to listen to fellow Americans share the same values and ideologies as I’ve held most of my adult life,

Beck? Not so much. All he’s been doing is trashing Trump supporters, Palin, and Trump himself. It says a lot about his character, how Cruz thought this would help him is indicative of what a lowlife he himself actually is,

Can’t wait to watch Cruz go down in flames.

30. Doug says:

I would love a Clint Eastwood endorsement too.

31. musicdoc2020 says:

I see Cruz got an endorsement from Mike Bickle a few days back. That’s getting pretty close to a cult or dominionism(sp?) He is the leader of the IHOP, an organization that looks great on the surface but has some very far out teachings and problematic history linked to it.

32. dizzymissl says:

33. DaveNY says:

Fallwell and many other Evangelicals are aware of ?cruz? Dominionist background. Is it any wonder that ?cruz? is backed by globalists?

Here is a nice expose’ on the sect Dominionism

34. Betty says:

I never saw this:

35. After hearing about Jerry Falwell and Sherriff Joe today, I don’t recall seeing a comprehensive list of endorsements for Trump anywhere….this is what I found:,_2016#Donald_Trump

Pretty impressive!! Waiting for Clint Eastwood🙂