Donald Trump 20/20 Barbara Walters Interview…

It will probably not be up long – so here it is:

Regarding the segment with Melania Trump: Prior Prediction/Concern

Trump meet the trumps

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, media bias, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

270 Responses to Donald Trump 20/20 Barbara Walters Interview…

1. Great Kabuki says:

I think the net effect of this interview will be fantastic regardless of BW’s motives. Think about it:

If you already love Trump, this reinforces and gives you some added insight/comfort into the man.

If you’re an undecided, it put all the “dirt” out there but balances it with family, values, and success.

If you already hate Trump, it doesn’t make any difference except make your head explode! (And deep down, some of the haters, if open minded at all, will be comforted in what they heard/saw about the Trumps).

In my case, it was the first time my wife had seen Melania interviewed and all the kids at one time. She was blown away. Very impressed and excited. It reinforced her positive thinking about Trump and she will tell her fence sitting friends who don’t pay any real attention to what’s going on. That equals new primary votes. Plus, it adds yet something new to the mix instead of continuing to talk about databases.

So he didn’t lose any votes last night and probably made some converts IMHO. Remember that DT continues to “rule the roost” in free media. Every minute spent talking TRUMP is a minute not talking GOPers or Hillary.

Thanks ABC!

2. Trump being rich doesn’t offend me because he isn’t guilty about having money. Liberals get guilty when they have money. They feel bad. They think they’ve taken it from someone who needs it, and then because they feel bad they try and spread to pain, but not to themselves. They don’t give up their money. They demand that I get robbed every time I get paid and take my money and give it to people they feel deserve it. They are making me and every working class person like atone for their imagined sin.

It’s honestly refreshing to see a rich man who’s not ashamed that he has money. How very Atlas Shrugged of Donald! I like it. I’m not jealous. I’m relieved.

• Because why not? Francisco D’Anconia on money:

“But you say that money is made by the strong at the expense of the weak? What strength do you mean? It is not the strength of guns or muscles. Wealth is the product of man’s capacity to think. Then is money made by the man who invents a motor at the expense of those who did not invent it? Is money made by the intelligent at the expense of the fools? By the able at the expense of the incompetent? By the ambitious at the expense of the lazy? Money is made – before it can be looted or mooched – made by the effort of every honest man, each to the extent of his ability….

…”Let me give you a tip on a clue to men’s characters: the man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it.

"Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another – their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."</i>

People with money don’t offend me. What offends me is people with money who look down their nose at me and tell me who i should be giving my money too while expending none of their own. That’s what offends me.

Alright, I’ll get down off my soapbox…for now.

Link to D’Anconia’s full speech: http://www.working-minds.com/money.htm

• I don’t know if Trump listened to Bill Whittle’s advice about “Owning It” (his wealth) that Whittle gave in regards to Mitt’s inability to properly address that subject, or if this is simply Trump intuitively giving the only correct response to it.

But, either way, I always LOVE IT when Trump says “I’ve got a LOT of money!” He’s not ashamed of his success, and (by doing this) he is DARING the left to assault him for it, which would amount to nothing more than an assault on the American Dream.

• yy4u says:

Mitt Romney was a good man, a nice man, but he couldn’t defend a tuna fish sandwich from someone allergic to fish. Look how Candy Crowley and the petty man-child we have as president took him down in the foreign policy debate — in essence barring him from talking about foreign policy. He backed right down. He did the same thing about his wealth. As Trump defends himself so will he defend us and ours.

• yy4u says:

Agreed. And I’d bet Trump gives a lot more to charities than the Lefties who decide the best way to help the downtrodden is to trod down the rest of us.

• amjean says:

I believe the liberals keep their money, however,
      want you and me to spend our money on who they
      say are in their downtrodden group of approved
      “poor”.

3. truthandjustice says:

Well, as a “very” social Conservative Christian – in general, thought it was good and won’t hurt Trump as some want. In fact, probably bring in more – even Dems,. more “Conservative liberals”. Good stuff re his kids/grandkids. It’s obvious she wanted to use Melania’s modeling life to bring him down with the “religious right”.
    For me and many others like me, I would prefer his wife had not done that and seems to not think anything was wrong since that was a “job” she was doing, as she said. However, that doesn’t affect my thinking that he is the only one that can reverse, restore us.
    That’s in her past and I’m sure she’ll be great as an “elegant” First Lady. For those that missed it – to give you an idea how a good many of us feel too – the pastor of First Baptist church in Dallas, Jeffress, was on Fox last night. When asked about the ISIS crisis & how “Evangelicals” felt, he quoted and used what Trump said about “bombing the s*** out of them” in his sermon – agreeing with it. That’s what I’ve heard growing up in various other like churches all over the country. Explained how the Government’s duty is to protect us, etc. He is a Trump fan. We are not “passives”, very patriotic and we also don’t want all the potentially dangerous “refugees” here. Also don’t believe in the erroneous “social justice” garbage.

• yy4u says:

I can’t “like” but I like this post. Like truth… I wish Melania Trump’s photo nude wasn’t available, but it’s in the past and there is no way to undo what’s already been done. You can bet the Republican Establishment will use it against Trump if they can. The Democrats probably know better. Mrs. Trump posing nude on a rug might bring in a lot of votes they didn’t expect.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

What is a “conservative liberal”?

• Raffaella says:

Come on guys. She is gorgeous and she is the dream of so many men in this country. She is sexy but not trashy. She is classy. And now she is a house wife and has a 9 year old child. Men want her and women want to be her. She will be the most beautiful First Lady ever. Also, she is a legal immigrant with an accent so many immigrants will like that.

More importantly, the MSM will be tempted to go after her – if they do they are in trouble because:

Then Trump is justified to go after Hillary any way he wants.
      He can scorn them for going after his first generation immigrant.

Also, Evanka will be more visible in this campaign as Donald’s spokesperson than Melania. Evanka is so poised and perfect that there is no way for them to beat Trump on his family and more importantly about women in his family.

4. Dixie says:

I cheated. I read all your comments before I watched it.

I thought it was fabulous….it evoked feelings that wouldn’t seem possible to feel for people I’ve never met before and have only seen though the lens of a video camera. Admiring, warm, happy, patriotic (and believe me, that’s hard these days) and above all, TRUST. I believe Donald Trump is headed for an absolute landslide victory. He has, at heart, concern for this country and the people of it and HE WILL BE A GREAT PRESIDENT !

• Luck is not all says:

I am grateful to Trump’s family for lending us the family patriarc to help solve our country’s problems. They are very generous and they do it with grace and for the love of country. I detected the same feelings in Melania. She seems to be loving and worshiping this country more than some Americans born here I know. Thank you Trump family

• Actually, liberals will hate him even more than they did before. They hate success, happiness, confidence and good looks. Darn! Trumps have it all!

5. margo says:

Obviously, Walters meant to show him in as bad a light as she possibly could. The whole thing was produced hoping to hurt him.Her opening statement referring to him on the campaign trail as “blustering” said it all for me, and why would anyone ever not expect that to be the case? Thet did their best to make him look bad, but they didn’t succeed. Love to see Walters take the same approach with H or bho! Fat chance, of course.

• amjean says:

Good point! I must admit I wanted to smack
      that smirk off her face.

• TheTorch says:

To be fair to Walters you may be being a bit harsh. She goes way back with Trump. It is no coincidence that she was the chosen one to deliver this. She was also very nice to him on the View before the thing aired.

Don’t get me wrong, I know they were probably seeking some red meat, especially with a few of the questions, but I think that is more the producers, than her.

I just think in this case, that she personally likes him, so there was no malice intended.

• Luck is not all says:

He speaks great thingsj about her. I bet you she will vote for him. She would love to be invited to dinner to that beautiful penthouse of his. She said Versailles? The Donald probably has a hanging garden ,similar to the one in Versailles to match with the house. Hah.

• janc1955 says:

It’s also possible she wanted to set up all the stuff being said about him to allow him to shoot each one down. I’ve watched alot of her interviews over the years, and she’s typically much, much gentler on the whole. I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if this wasn’t a collaboration that allowed the Trumps to shoot each fish as BW dropped them into the barrel.

• stobberdobber says:

Sorry but we need to be honest with ourselves. He does get a bit “blustery” at times. Especially when he is tired. But that is okay, it reminds us he is human. He is not infallible. None of us are.

6. dondeg says:

I think this was outstanding. If Baba Wawa had a hidden agenda, it failed. I think this piece made Trump look like a total winner. I love his family, love his kids. They are such great role models for the country. I loved when Donald Jr. said they were not the rich kids to get a free BMW from daddy, but had to work for everything they’ve got. There is nothing fake about these people. Compared to the disaster going on right now with the whiny college brats, the contrast couldn’t be greater.

As I watched I could tell there was an ambivalence in the piece. On one hand, Baba Wawa wanted to drudge up dirt on Trump, which bounced off him like grease on teflon. On the other hand, I had the sneaking suspicion that Baba and her network wanted in on the ground floor with an exclusive interview with the next POTUS. At some level, they are reading the writing on the wall, and underneath all their toady evil, they are sensing the inevitability of a President Trump.

Highly recommended for all the watch!

• wanthetruth says:

Seeing the clip of Baba’s long ago interview w/Trump makes me want to go see the rest. Would like to assess the “tone” of that one compared to this. Sounded like a groupy kind of giggle (flirtatious?) she burbled out – wondering if the rest of it is gushy or if she asks her trademark “tough” questions (meaning all gossip and trying to find dirt).

• dondeg says:

I’d bet its on the groupie side. Remember, he was the “fair haired boy” back then. Baba ingratiating herself to him had political implications. She was priming the pump for her political masters. In the present interview, Trump is, to use his own word, an interloper, an outsider who supposedly shouldn’t be there. Poor Baba, you can tell she is of two minds!

7. tnwahm says:

I am even more impressed than ever with his kids. It was interesting when Wawa was trying to accuse Trump of breeding his children to compete with each other. Ivanka did a great job of answering, but I remember in previous interviews where Trump has said that the reason he taught his kids not to drink, smoke and do drugs is because if they did so, they wouldn’t be able to compete. It is refreshing to hear competing as a positive thing. I believe that is the reason that Trump is the Blue Collar Billionaire ~as Levin called him the other night~. We are tired of being told that competition is a bad thing and that we are entitled to a participation trophy just because we are Americans. We want to win again as a country.

• dondeg says:

I mean, we have to just come out and say: his family represents good ‘ole American values. It reminds me of my grandparents. It is so good to see it alive and well in the world. Our kids really need this kind of role model. Sorry I keep repeating this, but there are just so many bad influences, from the lib-dem-post modern college crap to the Kardasians, and trans this and trans that. The kids, and all of us actually, need to see good, clean, strong, healthy moral values. He really does reflect the heart of the Protestant ethic. I say with the utmost respect even though I was raised as a Catholic!

8. CountryclassVulgarian says:

This was a great interview. Makes me like the Donald even more. I can see the headlines now “Donald Trump is so mean he pays his children minimum wage”. And his kids are so clueless they won’t say anything bad about him. What kind rich kids do not hate their parents? 😕😕

9. Trumped says:

TRUMPED!
    They wanted to make him look bad but the superiority of his schtick did shine through and whoever made it to the part where his grandchildren visit him wont be against him as a human person.

10. El Torito says:

I played Baba Wawa asking him about his looks and she instantly said “What don’t you like about YOUR looks, Barbara? How about those chipmunk botox cheeks?” I am still laughing…

• Totally Domestic says:

It is a good thing Trump didn’t lean over & tug on Baba Wawa’s hair! She might have a hair do malfunction!

Are you covering up a bald spot Barbara?

No, Trump is a gentleman, he would never do that.

Great interview!

11. Notmeagain says:

I watched it intently, and thought it was such a powerful ad for him I wonder how he staged it.
    First the impression: Crabby old woman is made very comfortable in a soft chair while Trump sits in a hard straight chair and leans attentively in to her. She tries to accuse him of every bad thing that the trolls are saying out there and he totally owns the downside, never failing to be reasonable and kind to her. The beautiful wife does the same, smiling in the most natural way. They seem totally at ease with each other, sharing private jokes with an affectionate glance, and treat their skeptical guest graciously. He isn’t thin skinned after all.
    Second the content: Again, pictures of him “blustering”–with thousands cheering him on in a variety of venues. Pictures of him being “a clown”–dancing skit from SNL, eh, how clownish is a guy in a suit. Pictures of him growing up in a workaholic family–oh, he didn’t just have a silver spoon in his mouth, bolstered by his children talking about how hard he works. The most shocking available picture of the beautiful wife is shown and it is quite artistic and so what compared to Miley Cyrus to name many. Pictures of his two ex-wives along with the note that he was married 15 years to one, 4 to another, has been dating or married to the current one for 17 years–not exactly flitting around. Then he makes a mea culpa eventually about how working too hard is bad for the marriage and nothing is better than having a happy family life–redemption story for the evangelicals. The beautiful articulate children struggling to find some way he could be more perfect–maybe eat more veggies? Takeaway, no more meddling in lunch programs to force kale on children. Vignettes of the past with Walters–hey, they are old friends after all. He doesn’t have to be defensive with her and she doesn’t argue back to him because she knows he’s telling the truth. The bankruptcies–all over the front page along with the divorces, but he says to someone “I always fight to the bitter end, you know that.” Every minute had a message.
    It was epically epic.

12. MVW says:

Remember the framing of Mitt Romney pulled off by Obamanites, where Romney was painted as rich, out of touch, insensitive (dog on the car roof), and on and on? I couldn’t understand why Romney didn’t properly counter that endless narrative. Donald Trump is completely out in front of the Criminal Socialists Uniparty. This interview puts reality in place of the soundbite narratives. If anything, for real people Donald has perhaps exceptional compassion.

I keep remembering the Iowa rally where the lady whose husband works for a windmill manufacturer that is only in business because of the global warming scam wind subsidies. It is a Gubberment created industry bubble. She is scared of her family losing another job like the one lost when Maytag moved to Mexico and closed down (also created by a Gubberment policy). You could see Donald go soft. He knows that at $40 a barrel for oil that windmill factories is a terrible waste.

However, the lady’s family needs a real company to work for and that will only happen once Trump cleans the out the Washington machine manure from the stables. In the mean time the lady’s family needs work, so he said he would keep the subsidies. Long term though those subsidies will need to be stopped. Sad, really sad how much damage to real lives the corrupt Washington DC socialists have done to real people.

• keebler AC says:

Subsidies are to bridge the gap due to misfortune but something else has to come along like jobs. When Stinky BO is purposely shutting down oil independence in the US and letting low wage illegals in, there are no jobs to offer. Trump knows that, and he will create jobs.

13. keebler AC says:

Lol, Baba Wah Wah showed her botox jealousy toward naturally high-cheek boned Melania by showing nude photos of a lovely and graceful woman. Trump was quick and authentic tho exclaiming, hey, no fair, I’ve never seen those of Melania before last week……LET ME SEE THOSE GORGEOUS PHOTOS AGAIN!

Anyhoo, Bill Clinton – eat your heart out. Do you even care where your wife at 11 pm?

I challenge Democrat voters to trade places with the Trump kids having to work hard from a young age and onwards. Eric Trump said his father calls him up on Saturday morning and jokes he’s not in the office yet and it’s 5 am. Trump is not a billionaire like Bill Gates or Warren Buffet who doesn’t work terribly hard to make their fortune. Trump pays a lot out of his revenues for employee salaries because his is a service industry. Hilary cries that she’s poor over at $2mln speaking engagements. Trump says to everyone, wow, I made $2.2 mln per Apprentice show, I’m rich. Trump doesn’t take money for granted — that’s the difference between Trump and these other extremely filthy wealthy elitists. Trumps improves the lives of his employees and his customers and he’s happy with his lower profit margins because a dollar still means a lot to him.

I went out and got boxed pizza to celebrate that Trump is running successfully for office. I was esctatic when he announced his candidacy! I still can’t believe it. I am also eschewing Microsoft products in favor of iPads – boycotting Google Android too. These two companies are oligarchs and Bill Gates shut out Main Street competition when microsoft first came out. Bill Gates is worth $76 B. So Trump is not the evil rich guy. Buffet, Soros, Gates, Koch, these are the colluders and K-Street insufferables who benefit at cost to the public. Trump does not.

• Don’t fall for the leftist cr*p. Kochs are not bad guys. They want smaller govt and fewer regulations and more freedom. They have supported causes and institutions that follow those ideals. I think they support the 2nd amendment, too. Not sure about that though.

14. Totally Domestic says:

I did not like that she asked his children if he had a favorite. That was rude and put them on the spot.

• keebler AC says:

Agreed. Very Obnoxious like the nosy neighbor gossip and totally tabloid fodder. Baba Wawa adopted a daughter and I’d like someone on public TV to ask her why her daughter dislikes her so much – to make it even. See how she likes intrusion into personal family dynamics.

15. PatriotKate says:

I have made an observation and plan to send his campaign a note. Maybe others will do the same thing.

I would like to see him smile more showing his upper teeth. Look back on some of those old videos and he has a wonderful smile that makes his eyes sparkle. He’s really quite handsome,

He needs to smile more.

16. nwtex says:

We heard her say it…………but it’s even better when the (in this case—print) media picks up on it and tosses it around.

per Daily Mail—>

“‘People will always judge me’: Melania Trump hits back at Barbara Walters’ suggestion her ‘risky’ photoshoots may be a liability to her husband’s campaign.

17. Yes, Melania is beautiful. When Trump wins and if the current front-runner for president of Argentina, Mauricio Macri wins down there, we can look forward to a bunch of gorgeous ladies at the White House, married to presidents who are both GOOD for their countries! How cool is that?

18. Pingback: GoodBoys Nation - Archives » Politically Incorrect?