West Virginia Teacher In Trouble For Violating “Federal School Snack Rules”….

A teacher defied Michelle Obama?

This shall not stand !  …”All your children are belong to us”!

shovelready-michelleobamaWILLIAMSON, W.V. – Students and parents are rallying to the defense of a teacher who is accused of violating federal school snack rules.

The Williamson PreK-8 teacher, who was not identified, would give her students “wrapped candy” as a reward for their hard work and good behavior.

Because the practice was an alleged violation of the federal rules championed by first lady Michelle Obama, Mingo County Schools Director of Child Nutrition Kay Maynard “placed a call to officials at the West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE) to report the incident,” the Williamson Daily News reports.

Maynard also spoke to Williamson PreK-8 principal Shannon Blackburn, telling him about the possibility of a monetary fine for the teacher.

When news spread, parents and student mobilized, collecting pennies to pay the potential fine on the teacher’s behalf. (read more)

michelle-obama-salad-bar

This entry was posted in Education, FLOTUS, media bias, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to West Virginia Teacher In Trouble For Violating “Federal School Snack Rules”….

1. Megalon says:

The nuts are running the asylum.

2. Pamtoo says:

Is Michele now the Queen of the USA? When did the First Lady make the laws for public schools? I know that she gave guidelines to the public school system, but can schools lose federal funding for not following her guidelines?

And BTW, in that picture, Michele looks like she isn’t following her own dietary guidelines. Her thighs are bigger around than my waist and I am not a tiny woman.

• partyzantski says:

Pamtoo,
      Welcome to National Socialism. Leadership and management by decree, all opponents or even those imperfectly implementing the glowing “vision of the future” are political enemies.

Nixon was castigated for his enemies list. This gang is given a pass.

That Mooch is not svelte is not a problem for those who shall decree things. There is a segment of society, to which she and her husband claim militant membership in, that highly values what they call “thick”. “Thick” is apparently analogous to “PHAT”, which is an acronym denoting points of conformity to an ideal body type. The acronym is rather rude, so I’ll leave that out.

That her physically apparent caloric intake is somewhere on the Goering scale in comparison to the street urchins subjected to her dietary diktats is not a point of cognitive dissonance for the Regime, it is a feature. Leadership gets fed well, the kids in school are deliberately malnourished to provoke crisis that the Regime will step in and fill, only to generate another crisis. Like summertime school food delivery food trucks to feed the burgeoning armies of the Left. There is a nonverbal message to all of the food recipients in these programs, as to who is the Massa and who is the serf.

I am sort of surprised that there is not some sort of compulsory “cultural appreciation” classes set up where in order to “graduate”, Caucasian kids get bused to the cotton belt (what is left of it) and have to harvest cotton, live in rustic shacks for a week and go barefoot. Likewise, as part of the same program black kids would be given accommodation in nice digs next to decent shopping and given “cultural appreciation” pre-loaded debit cards to shop for designer bags, the newest sneakers and other shiny trinkets & baubles.

Personally, a teacher handing out candy is off the mark. Not a good message to transmit to kids. One would think schools would have written policy guidelines about such things (choking hazards, promotion of tooth decay, potential issues with diabetic kids, tampering issues…).

• Lottacats says:

Mooches pants are straining at the seams! Shocking!

3. bertdilbert says:

“Those rules state that food, such as “wrapped candy,” cannot be used as “a reward and it cannot be withheld as a punishment.”

• A tell-tale clue. These people are truly moronic with no comprehension. Good little NEAbots.

• aprilyn43 says:

@bertdilbert – it’s not about the “candy” it’s about the Obamanation and Moochella’s control over OUR children! It’s about their “HATRED” for OUR children!
      AND… It Has To Be Stopped! NOW!!

• bertdilbert says:

It is about AA children proportionally not getting as much candy as white children and having candy withheld due to poor behavior. To prevent disparate impact, all incentives and disincentives must be removed from the system. Everyone is equal because reward and punishment has been banned to show otherwise in the sheltered government nest.

Then when they graduate, BOOM! Real world hits them in the face.

• nimrodman says:

bertdilbert said: “Claiming it cannot be withheld implies it can be given, so the wording negates itself.”

You’re expecting rationality and logical consistency from those who write rules to control their fellow citizens in the most minute and trivial ways.

I believe that sort of expectation is a fool’s errand.

Proves the adage: Rules are too important to be left to rule-makers.

• partyzantski says:

BertDilbert,
      That is a good catch. It almost sounds like the rules for dealing with conquered people in displaced person camps and with POWs.
      Maybe kids can start learning the “Tap Code” like our heroes that were held by the Vietnamese criminal regime. Bud Day, James Stockdale & Everett Alvarez to name a few.

• Mrs. Carifidy says:

“How can you withhold something that cannot be given? Claiming it cannot be withheld implies it can be given, so the wording negates itself.”

Charles Lutwidge Dodgson was a logician and mathematition interested in such paradoxes, before he wrote literature ‘for children.’ The following excerpt reads like a system the progressives envision for our kids:

“I’m sure I’ll take you with pleasure!” the Queen said. “Two pence a week, and jam every other day.”
      Alice couldn’t help laughing, as she said, “I don’t want you to hire me – and I don’t care for jam.”
      “It’s very good jam,” said the Queen.
      “Well, I don’t want any to-day, at any rate.”
      “You couldn’t have it if you did want it,” the Queen said. “The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day.”
      “It must come sometimes to ‘jam to-day’,” Alice objected.
      “No, it can’t,” said the Queen. “It’s jam every other day: to-day isn’t any other day, you know.”
      “I don’t understand you,” said Alice. “It’s dreadfully confusing!”

As my Dad would have said “Ya got that right, Alice!” Yep.

4. Allen says:

It’s just like president Obama said, “This is all caused by Climate Change.”

5. I looked at the pic & thought, surely that’s not a Zulu spear.. Lo & behold it’s only a shovel to bury our country with..

• You made the pic worth a second look. I zoomed in to see better. I’m left without words to describe the expression on its face. I may not sleep tonight.

• aprilyn43 says:

@Scott Spencer – Yeah it’s only a shovel, but the look on “Moochella’s” face says “it’s a Zulu spear and I’m going to destroy this country”!

• partyzantski says:

Scott Spencer,
      The Zulus used a short spear called an “Asseagi”. The Zulu troops were organized in “Impis” and troops were grouped by age/year group. This artist rendition shows how it was used, in groups against the defender:

Believe it or not, the asseagi is making a comeback in contemporary America. It takes form of a spear head that a broom handle is screwed into the base of.

6. aprilyn43 says:

When a piece of candy to reward students is an infringement on governmental policies that can carry a fine; WHILE Michelle Obama’s “A**” Grows Larger everyday,
    THEN ….
    We the People have “Tolerated” TOO much from this Treasonous – Traitorous Duo!

Obama/Hilter and Moochella/Braum need to be removed !

7. Col.(R) Ken says:

Oh please stop! I just choked on a sip of Tex’s fine sipping whiskey!!!

8. Stephen says:

Just image attempting to explain to the Founders that the nation’s schools have been federalized and the wife of the Kenyan-Indonesian, quasi-Muhammadan president is dictating policy.

9. kinthenorthwest says:

Oh crap I am in big trouble when I sub then OUCH…
    I give out animal cookies from Costco. I’m known as the cookie lady…

• aprilyn43 says:

@kinthenorthwest – It’s wraped hard candy, you may be in the clear!

• partyzantski says:

In future, The Mooch will have you hand out Soylent Green wafers, but only after they trudge by you to surrender their grubby little ration coupons. Holidays like “MLK” day will be celebrated by increased rations for that day only. Extra grade will be awarded to those who leave their ration book at the feet of the MLK statue in the District of Chaldeans.

• dginga says:

I hope you don’t do that in a school. Although we can’t entirely blame Mooch for these stupid policies. I remember back in the late 80’s and early 90’s my sisters told me they could not take any baked goods or candy to their kids’ school for snacks or birthday parties. The only “approved” treats were dried fruit. Now I ask you, how many children would consider dried apricots a treat?

10. allhail2 says:

Hey Michelle,
    My kid finished all her chores in record time. I gave her a Fudge Round.
    £#+€ off and mind your own #%&’n business.
    Oh, and to the NSA, don’t even bother. Your mallet and bag of sand is ready to go, too.

11. michellc says:

Teachers have always given out candy.
    Kids used to would study until their eyes were crossed to be rewarded with candy.

• littlelaughters says:

And there’s the other half of the liberal’s problem with regard to the practice.
      All kinds must receive the reward, whether earned or not.

• auscitizenmom says:

I, personally, do not like giving candy for performance. But, listen to what happened. We moved to Georgia, and my son said they rewarded with candy. The next day my son got in the car when I picked him up from school and he had a bag of candy. When I asked how he got a bag, he said it was because he was so good and got a piece each time he did something good. I didn’t approve and discussed it with my husband that night, not realizing my son overheard. The next day my son told me he refused the candy because it wasn’t good for children to be rewarded for learning with candy. So, I was rewarded by my son understanding what I was saying, but punished by him telling the teacher and embarrassing me.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Im the cookie lady and they are just small animal cookies..
      Its amazing that even High Schoolers go ape over the idea of one cookie>>>lol

• joshua says:

oh horrors…unwrapped food….what will the germ nazis say? Schools today are driven by gallons of hand sanitizer for everyone to prevent “germs” (but the kids take a dollup, rub hands together to vaporize the alcohol content, then snort it….IN CLASS)

• michellc says:

Just my theory but I believe avoiding germs is why we have so many new diseases and allergies.
          My grandson’s doctor is in his 60’s and not PC. His office is filled with Christian based books and decorations. When he learned my grandson was being raised on a farm, he told my daughter that rarely in his career has he saw a farm kid who was constantly sick or had allergies. He told her that had actually been studies done that backed up his own experiences that farm kids are usually healthier than other kids. The problem he sees is that experts can’t connect the dots. Farm kids get plenty of fresh air and sunshine, they’re usually very active and they’ve been exposed to all kinds of germs since they were born.
          He told her at a conference once one of these studies was being discussed and this young doctor brought up that he had a confusing case. A grade school class had hatched out chicks in the classroom, 3/4 of the kids got sick with salmonella, yet 1/4 of the kids did not. The CDC came in and questioned everyone and every kid who didn’t get sick either had chickens, lived on a farm or had a family member who had a farm. It baffled them all. So my grandson’s doctor spoke up and said, “there is a simple explanation, these kids had built up immunities by exposure, the other kids had no exposure, thus no immunity.”

Well, I don’t have a medical degree but I could have told them that. Farm babies are touching baby chicks as soon as they learn how to grab things and more than one farm baby has put their hands into their mouths after touching a chick not to mention the babies who managed to taste the babies. Farm babies eat dirt, grass and probably a little poop. Just because you have a baby doesn’t mean that animals and chores stop needing taken care of, so babies are taken along.

Another person I had a discussion with not long ago was a RN and her husband who had a 3 year old. They were saying how he was always sick and had all these allergies. The husband was the one who said his wife was a RN so she kept the house sterile and the little boy never was allowed to play in the dirt and when the had to go to a public place she carried hand sanitizer and sanitized wipes with her. They just couldn’t understand with how careful they were he was always ill. I asked them if they ever thought it might be because they never allowed his body to build up any immunities? With them looking at me like I had grown three heads, I went on to tell them how my kids were raised and they rarely were sick outside the occasional cold or ear infection. Other than one son having a milk allergy that he pretty much was born with, and one son who was allergic to certain insect bites, they never had allergies. It didn’t register with them and instead I was told, “our son could not survive being raised that way, look how sick he is with all the precautions we take, you don’t know how lucky you were.”

• allhail2 says:

Michellec,
            Winner winner, chicken dinner.
            I played outside every day and had outside chores as well. Rarely ever do I get sick and I’m 45. “Sick” for me is a cold. Once I feel it coming on, vitamin C and some tokes of Dayquill and 90% of the time it’s over in 3 days max. (admittedly, I do feel very blessed that this the worst of my infirmities)

However, the super scared germophobe parents are not helping their kids, rare conditions exempted. Kids need to go outside, get dirty, make a mess etc. Throw the Purell away and let them pick their nose with dirty little fingers, they’ll be fine

• michellc says:

My daughter is constantly arguing with people who think she’s killing her baby because she takes him out with the animals.
              She even had one who told her that’s why he has a milk allergy because she takes him around the animals. She laughed at them and told them that he wasn’t born in the barn, so how does him touching animals after he became allergic to milk cause him to be allergic to milk?
              This baby is going to be a splitting image of my kids, he already is the happiest outdoors. I let him hold a chick yesterday and before I could stop him he put it in his mouth. Amazingly, he didn’t wake up sick with salmonella. 🙂

• None of my teachers ever gave me or fellow classmates candy to perform or, as they say, incentivize. And if any teacher had had the temerity to do such a thing, he/she would have been severely reprimanded by my mother, who considered sugar to be POISON! My uncles used to send chocolate bunnies to me and my sibs for Easter. Mother would let us each have a teeny bite, “just for tonight,” and the bunny would mysteriously disappear after that. And Hallowe’en! Don’t get me started. But guess what? I did the same thing with my healthy, relatively slim, highly intelligent kids.

• I do, however, agree with all that the federal government has no business whatsoever interfering with our local schools. Oh, right, we allow the schools to accept federal funds for “free and reduced-price lunches,” which used to be a net $ win for the schools, so there was much recruiting of “poor” students to apply for said funds. See how that worked?

• joshua says:

School USED to be GIVEN food surplus by the Feds from food they bought up to keep food prices up and reward the farmers and dairy producers….It was the only thing they could DO with ALL that Food they bought up with tax money….so it was FREE to schools…no strings attached.

• michellc says:

My kids did have teachers who rewarded with candy and I’ll admit I rewarded my own kids with candy.
        I don’t believe sugar is poison though unless that’s all they eat.

My kids ate three balanced meals a day and they had healthy snacks as well as sugary snacks.

They have good genes when it comes to weight, but growing up on a farm they didn’t spend a lot of time inside or much inactive time.

Someone telling me I can’t have my daily dose of chocolate I’d consider fighting words.lol

• Oh well, my mother took nurse’s training and grew up in the city. After having four kids she lost much of her fear of germs and dirt! My MIL was of the firm opinion, oft-stated, that all kids should eat a peck of dirt before they reach school age. Very down to earth. Miss them both.

12. dalethorn says:

It’s Snackgate – it’s freakin’ Snackgate. I …. I knew it, I knew this would happen. Oh, this day will live in infamy.

13. auscitizenmom says:

Is this kay Maynard a black worshiper of Mooch?

• Dixie says:

Since this school is almost 100% white, I doubt it but she’s still a tattle tail.

• joshua says:

The district is largely low income, and depends on Federal Funds subsidy, which they are afraid of losing if they do not strictly abide by the Fed nutritional school food menus. They are idiots.

• joshua says:

A Democrat Progressive Liberal Food and Health Nazi….like a body environmentalist…no common sense, and a tower of POWER…she did not talk with the teacher or the principal to correct the deal….went directly to the Fed minders to tattle and get her moment of FAME in the Hope and Change Power Crowd.

14. seabrznsun says:

Kay is a well into middle age, plump, rather drab looking loser who hasn’t had much fun in her rather miserable liberal life which compels her to squeal on anyone who is successful and having fun. The First Lady is a much larger buttock black version of Kay with perceived powers she legitimately doesn’t have the authority to push on others.

15. lorac says:

When Moochelle gets rid of that big butt of hers then she can tell others how to eat! In the mean time she should mind her own business and pay attention to what Obambam eats!

16. CrankyinAZ says:

Let them eat Candy!!! Oh.. wait…maybe not. 😉

17. Carla Marx says:

Ms. Maynard, someone is using your name to make you look like a fool.

18. FP says:

That picture of her with the shovel… cue the star trek fight music, its a Klingon vs Kirk!

19. tappin52 says:

Good grief. You can’t give students candy, or cake, or anything salty, or anything with trans fat. You can’t even bring nuts into a school, lest someone be afflicted with an allergy. How do you navigate this lunacy set forth by a woman who is pictured above wearing a flowered shirt with striped pants on her overfed bum?

20. In my son’s 1st grade class this year his teacher had a “store” set up. Kids were able to earn “tickets” (money) to use at the store in academic subjects like spelling, reading, math, etc. There WAS some candy, there were small bags of chips, there were little trinkets, etc. The kids LOVED it and it encouraged them to work for their tickets – resulting in kids learning to spell and read and do math.

They also start each day with the Pledge of Allegiance and had parties for the various holidays. Most surprisingly, homemade treats were allowed to be brought in for the class. While I have not seen them actually pray, there are various slogans throughout the school that are Christian in nature.

School lunches, now, that’s a different matter.

21. TwoLaine says:

When we visited my maternal grandparents as children, the 1st stop was always the candy dish on their desk. The next stop was the rope swing out back. It didn’t mater how late we arrived, that was the sequence. It was always stocked with wrapped candy. I chose only that desk when they died. SO MANY Good Memories…

I think Moosh must have had a horrible childhood if she won’t let children have candy.

This seems to me to be a very slippery slope. What else do you have to do to “lose” your Fed Funds(?) for school lunches? When does “lunch” start and end? Why is something that takes place between a teacher and her students in a classroom have anything to do with lunch?

22. TKim says:

Can’t wait to see the new laws for public school teachers. Maybe masks to tamp down on the facial micro aggression. Or that they must remain seated at all times so children are not intimidated by their greater size. Gender neutral clothing. No jewelry, as it makes poor kids feel covetous. And no married teachers, as it can be an alien concept to members of the under served community.

Robots would be ideal, now that I think about it. But how quickly would the under served kids dismantle them for parts?

23. partyzantski says:

There is an issue being overlooked here. The use of candy or cookies or any of that, in the end, who cares.

The issue at the heart of it is that it is a process of acclimatizing kids to line up and get some uniform “share”. It is practice for EBT & rationing. The free/reduced lunch programs really are not about food, but getting people to participate in the mass program. The school does not care about the food, it wants the Federal Regime $$$ and to be seen as compliant with the wishes of TPTB (which means career longevity and being left legally unmolested).

The Regime really does not care, as long as one participates in THEIR program. Those who do not are secular heretics.

• I spend my days with my 13 month old grandaughter, and was using a “reward system” to encourage her to learn how to recognize the letters of the alphabet. With continuous repetition of “Seeing” the letters and “Hearing” the sounds they represent, she can now recognize and retrieve many of the correct “letter blocks” when asked to do so.

My daughter “scolded” me for using food (vegetable flavored “puffs”) as a reward, saying “You’re not supposed to do that! You could cause her to develop an eating disorder!” so I stopped using food as a reward and the learning process has slowed.

Is there any scientific basis for my daughter’s fears, or is she a victim of Moochelle’s progressive “programming”?

PS: My grand daughter only plays the game when she WANTS to, which is OK by me, but I would rather encourage her to actually learn her alphabet and numbers than to play with a ball or practice proctology on the dog (He doesn’t care too much for that)

• As far as I know, there is no evidence that using food as a reward leads to eating disorders. EDs are either signs of sexual abuse, early starvation (leading to over-eating later), lack of love, lack of exercise (which regulates appetite), etc. OTOH, some say (my daughter who has studied this) said that when parents/caregivers pressure children to learn before the kids are ready to learn, the kids can develop Learning Disorders.

24. Chewbarkah says:

This as an opportunity to save $$ by laying off the County nutri-snitch, and the State DOE drones who dealt with her report. They have self-identified as having poor judgment and nothing useful to do.

25. amwick says:

While the teacher hands out the candy she should be making noise with a clicker, that way, eventually, the sound of the clicker will be the reward! 🙂 Seriously, while I don’t feel handing out candy is a good teaching tool, I don’t think it is awful. Parents may wish to discuss this with individual teachers, it is their business, not the federal government’s. When I was a kid we got stickers. I loved getting stickers.

• joshua says:

what do the parents use for treats and snacks at home. School should COMPLY with home training, not the reverse. This infantilizes parents and sends mixed messages to kids. I promise parents give kids candy for whatever they choose to do so….ESPECIALLY in low income households.

• This infantilizes parents and sends mixed messages to kids.

Oh, I think it sends a very CLEAR message to the kids:

“You are the possession of the State. Your parents are not worth listening to. The “Village” will raise you, and it is your DUTY to report on your parents if they interfere.”

Gee, if parents can’t punish children when they misbehave, and teachers can’t reward children when they perform, what remains?

26. amwick says:

One thing that just dawned on me is that the teacher in question probably paid for that candy out of her own pocket. Teachers do that all the time, many of them are really small town heroes. On a modest salary they personally subsidize education. You can debate her methods, but her heart was in the right place and I hope it all works out for her.

• realitycheck says:

Probably? (lol) … most teachers pay for pencils, paper, notebooks, rewards, prizes, and many other item that may be needed …and it comes out of their own pockets. It is NOT reimbursed in any way.
      I know teachers that spend $2-4000 per year in order to keep their classrooms in supplies etc. (BTW: The income tax deduction is limited to $250 per year, so yes, it does come from their own pockets.)

• Not here. The parents foot the bill, not just for my kids, the other kids too.. It’s always the same ideal, well some kids can’t afford tissue, some can’t afford pencils, some can’t afford paper. Seriously.. It’s frigging redicilous, I’ve argued this for years around here, to no avail.. It’s a war of ideals, it’s no longer good & proper for me to provide for my 2 kids, I must help the “whole classroom ” at my personel expense.
        I like to help when I can, when I can best afford it. I don’t like the school system forcing this upon me & my family. Socialism in our schools heavily.. Gotta fight back, don’t make it easy.. Ever!

• John Denney says:

U.S. average taxpayer spending per pupil per year is about $10,000, although in Maryland it’s $15000.

So a class of 20 kids represents $200,000 on average for their schooling for the year.

Where’s all that money going? $4000 for supplies for 20 kids is 2% of the budget.

• Really? $200 to $400 per month seems excessive.

• amwick says:

I totally agree, and I am glad you spelled it out so clearly. My best friend is a librarian, and she often bought arts and craft supplies herself.

• thevelvetkitten says:

Mrs Maynard is probably quite smitten with herself from saving the children from the candy and this evil teacher.

27. thevelvetkitten says:

So..if the school employees don’t behave,they lose their candy(money) and if they obey they get their candy (money). Maybe teachers should just start handing out money.

28. partyzantski says:

We train pets with food treat rewards.
    People are not pets.
    Here is some historical context:

The founding fathers and the men who re-took Europe during WW2 did not do so for candy, cookies or stickers. Using food as a bribe makes it a weapon. It is not different in kind from “parrot the official party line and we’ll let you live/keep your job”. It is merely different in degree. There is a difference indeed between a parent granting/metering out tasty treats to not condone gluttony and systematic indoctrination of trinket/morsel for task. We do not reward soldiers for a job well done by giving them cookies.

True story (thankfully short). I saw the food as reward used recently in an old folks home. The director was rewarding staff members for doing their job promptly by bestowing upon them a glazed doughnut for a snack. The staff that I saw were not Tier 1 (a long, long way from that), they were the functionaries that mopped floors and did the day to day minutiae. It was embarrassing to see grown adults getting “managed/rewarded” this way.

29. Joe says:

I used to get an M&M for each spelling word I got right when I was in the fourth grade (1969). I really did motivate me, and I always did well. 20 M&Ms was quite the treat. Not only that, I grew up and stayed skinny!