Second Paddy Wagon Passenger Donte’ Allen (22) Now Identified By Media….

This guy needs to get out of Baltimore ASAP. Too many people have a vested interest in a very specific narrative from him for it to be a safe place.

*Note* As you read/listen to this it’s important to understand Donte’ Allen does not consider Homicide detectives to be “the police”.  To his reference they are separate:  he talked to Homicide, he did not talk to police.

Baltimore Prisoner from van 2

Lastly, if you watch the video, and you understand the ramifications to this young man, you recognize ALL of his statements have the classic approval of LEO.  Meaning Donte’ is permitted to say anything to media or outside parties, even if it contradicts what he has forthrightly told police, if he feels it makes him safer within a community that might not like the information communicated to LEO.   The same approvals were applied to Dorian Johnson in Ferguson.

BALTIMORE —The other man who was loaded into the police transport van carrying Freddie Gray spoke out Thursday for the first time.

West Baltimore resident Donta Allen, 22, was the second man loaded into the police van near the end of the run on April 12.

“On the morning of April 12, I went into a store right here at Penn/North Avenue to get a cigarette,” Allen said.

Allen was picked up by city police at the corner of Pennsylvania and North avenues on a suspicion of stealing. The city’s camera system recorded the van that arrived and picked up Allen. It was the same van that was carrying Gray.

Allen said he did not know a man was already in the van. Gray was on the right side and Allen was loaded on the left side with a divider separating them.

Allen described what he heard: “When I got in the van, I didn’t hear nothing. It was a smooth ride. We went straight to the police station. All I heard was a little banging for about four seconds. I just heard little banging, just little banging.”

Asked whether he told police whether he heard Gray banging his head against the van, Allen said, “I told homicide that. I don’t work for the police. I did not tell the police nothing.”

[…] Allen told the 11 News I-Team what he heard when the van arrived at the Western District Police Station: “When we got to the police station, they said he didn’t have no pulse or nothing. They called his name, ‘Mr. Gray, Mr. Gray.’ And he wasn’t responsive.”

Allen said that once they got to the Western District, officers started to write out a citation for him but didn’t even present it to him and instead took him down to the homicide unit. (read more – with video)

This entry was posted in Abusive Cops, Agitprop, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Conspiracy ?, CRS, Cultural Marxism, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Freddy Gray Death, media bias, Notorious Liars, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Racism, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

151 Responses to Second Paddy Wagon Passenger Donte’ Allen (22) Now Identified By Media….

1. BertDilbert says:

Hmmm. The cops are calling him respectfully, Mr. Gray, Mr. Gray… Gonna have to change that part of the story.

2. chick20112011 says:

I don’t believe that the killer of DeAndre Joshua was ever arrested. (man shot in car during Ferguson riots)

I wonder how fast Crump will be there?

3. What is it with blacks and these stray apostrophes in many of their names?

4. BobNoxious says:

This changes nothing… He still admits to hearing banging in the cage. This sounds more and more like a freak accident.

As for the “homicide” vs. “police” distinction; murder police in Baltimore are held in a little higher regard even amongst gang bangers. It is accepted that you’ll have to go in the box w/ murder police but as long as you don’t say anything to implicate anyone then you aren’t a snitch. The same deference is not given to any other type of Baltimore police- if you say anything you are a snitch. So that’s where he is coming from with that distinction. Fascinating stuff.

5. majneb says:

I don’t think Donte’ Allen’s testimony illuminates much of anything. He didn’t get into the van until the tail-end of Gray’s ride. From the article:

“Sources have told the 11 News I-Team that by the time Allen was loaded into the van, Gray was unresponsive.”

Its the testimony of the other passenger, the one mentioned in the Washington Post story, that will be critical.

• jason says:

Donte Allen is that “other passenger” mentioned in the WaPo story. The 11 news I-Team’s ”sources’ appear to be mistaken. The video circulating with eh 3 cops at the rear of the van is apparently from when they loaded donte in the back. You can see the side to Freddie’s compartment is open and the according to reporters the officers “showed no signs of alarm” which also suggests the I-Team’s info is incorrect.

6. Ziiggii says:

that is a scared person pleading his case to the public!

• Les says:

Yeah, but nobody wins when you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Something is wrong with a culture that tries to force people to lie. If you have to lie to get your own way, you are going to hell. In fact, you probably already live in hell. This community has made living and breathing a bad thing, that’s how completely FUBAR it is.

I wouldn’t live like that.

7. justfactsplz says:

This young man definitely needs to get out of Dodge because what he has to say goes against the grain of the preferred narrative. Whether Gray self inflicted his injuries or had a seizure remains to be seen. What a hot mess.

8. BertDilbert says:

Importantly, he says it was a “smooth ride right to the police station”. So much for the nickle ride promoted. The other important thing is Gray was still able to move after he got in the van.

• John Galt says:

Would paddy wagon EDR have data pertinent to evaluation of “nickle ride” contentions?

• Angel Martin says:

according to the police source interviewed by Anderson Cooper yesterday, the van has GPS. so there was no “nickel ride”

• Millwright says:

Interesting question JG ! It might have had, but I believe the “time frame” would be too short to preserve any data if the vehicle has been driven some amount. But this evening’s discussion at the house brought up another aspect. What if the “banging” alleged was the result of Gray’s having a seizure ? Such events, I’m told, are not uncommon with upper cervical spinal trauma. We already know, (or its alleged) Mr. gray had serious medical issues involving his upper spine. His long history of drug use would add to his issues with his documented depleted bone calcium levels allegedly linked to chronic lead poisoning. There’s also the fact of his recent neck surgery.

IOW, is it possible all of the destruction, pain and suffering on all sides – plus the immediate and downstream costs – might just have resulted from a “perfect storm” of chronic and acute medical conditions afflicting Mr. Gray coming to a head with his arrest and transport ?

9. lovely says:

Hmm… sure would like to hear all the parts of the interview that were silenced or clipped.

10. bo says:

Hmm. Not sure how someone could be “unresponsive” and still make banging sounds. Things not adding up. I’m gonna have to sit back and watch this unfold a little more before coming to any conclusions.

11. Horsesoldier says:

Now there’s a Mensa candidate with a gold grille. I’m guessing the rims on his ride are rather large

12. sundance says:

Worth watching @10:00 to about 13:00 for key aspects of Mayor Rawlings remarks.

Her entire remarks begin around 06:00 (fyi)

13. majneb says:

Wait I may be misunderstanding, but was Donte Allen the only other prisoner that rode in the van with Gray? Thus he, and only he, could have been the unidentified prisoner that allegedly told police that Gray was trying to injure himself, as per the Washington Post bombshell yesterday? Or was there an additional prisoner?

14. mazziflol says:

Doesn’t matter who says what, or what evidence proves what…I still feel, given the opportunity and the chance…that you, me, or any other Caucasian could have some similar fate waiting. Thanks Progressives!

15. The reporter states that doctors said his injuries were consistent with those sustained in an automobile accident and could not have been self-inflicted. That’s a bold assertion to make. Any number of things could cause your neck to break other than an automobile accident.

Frankly, if he were standing, shackled and cuffed, in the van and the driver hit the brakes the resulting fall/hitting of his head at the right angle could well have broken his neck. Further, if he were banging his head intentionally, his motion in opposition to a braking motion could have accelerated the impact sufficiently to break his neck.

What I seriously doubt happened is that the driver of the van went on “Mr. Frog’s Wild Ride” for the joy of throwing Mr. Gray about and beating him up. That’s the most far-fetched of all the theories out there – and the one the BGI and the Media have latched onto and are selling. Go figure.

16. majneb says:

Even Allen’s sanitized, LEO-approved-for-his-own-safety statements made to the media, as reported in the article, seem to be a big problem for the narrative, in my opinion. Consider the following:

“Allen described what he heard: ‘When I got in the van, I didn’t hear nothing. It was a smooth ride. We went straight to the police station. All I heard was a little banging for about four seconds. I just heard little banging, just little banging.'”

“Asked whether he told police whether he heard Gray banging his head against the van, Allen said, ‘I told homicide that. I don’t work for the police. I did not tell the police nothing.'”

Logically, Gray’s severe spinal injury was inflicted either BEFORE, or AFTER, Allen got in the van, correct?

If it was inflicted BEFORE, then why was Gray still active and responsive enough to be banging around in his side of the van when Allen was there to hear him?

On the other hand, if Gray’s injury was inflicted AFTER Allen got in the car, then it could not have been inflicted by the police, because Allen did not suffer any injuries on his side, and in fact said it was a “smooth ride” to the station.

Either possibility is damaging to the narrative.

• jason says:

yep, very damaging to narrative.

If he can confirm Gray was not only responsive, but still active to the point Allen believe he was trying to hurt himself, casts doubt that injury occurred before. Video also shows 3 officers checking on Gray at the time Allen was placed in the van. If they corroborate that Gray was still responsive at that point and it would point to the injury having occurred after that point which Allen states and emphasizes was a smooth ride the entire way to the station.

People aren’t going to believe that Gray was trying to hurt himself (at least not the hands up portion), but aside from freak accident, that’s almost the only other possibility remaining.

Will be interesting to see what the report(s) say, but shaping up to be another BGI classic.

• majneb says:

The “smooth ride” comment is the most devastating, in my opinion. I’m not sure Donte realized how bad in the moment he said it. That means the narrative’s only realistic chance is insist that he was already severely injured prior to Donte getting in. Of course then the banging Donte heard needs to be explained.

• Michelle says:

My dog fell off of my bed and received a severe neck injury. He became partially paralyzed in his hind end and one front leg. He was in agony and would yelp piteously every time he his head moved just a little. Mr Grey’s agonized screams during his dragging to the van remind me of my dog’s injury. I believe Mr Greg was accidentally, fatally injured before his entry into the van. The cops thought he was playing and mistakenly did not get him medical attention. Any thumps heard in the van were his last shocked death throes. Cops do not usually drive in emergency style after arresting people for minor infractions. In any case, drive fast and braking hard while carrying non seat belted prisoners would make the police just as liable.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I think this is very valid. I am still struck by the way his body was being dragged to the paddy wagon. his legs looked like paraplegic legs.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Did he get the “go limp” training in Ferguson? There they classes instructing on what to do if arrested. That was one of the class suggestions. (In essence, it was do not assist in your own arrest.)

• tappin52 says:

If you watch that video, Gray puts his foot on the ground and puts weight on it right before he is put in the van. He also seems to be able to keep his back up a bit. I don’t buy the story that he was unable to move.

• Justice_099 says:

That would be an acceptable common-core answer.

• John Galt says:

“People aren’t going to believe that Gray was trying to hurt himself”

Not something I’d rule out w/o reading the report.

“He then was placed in an isolation cell, where he rammed his head into a wall and broke his neck.”

• jason says:

I just meant to same ones who still believe mike Brown had his hands up, despite all the evidence to the contrary, also won’t believe Freddie was trying to hurt himself.

17. goodoldboy66 says:

Who says Gray really isn’t dangling his toes in the Pacific Ocean with a cold one? Every other detail was coordinated – why not this too? Just sayin’ –

• rdenisw says:

Not that I’m paranoid or anything, but too many conspiracy theories, crazy crazy nutty conspiracy theories, are turning out to be true. Oh dear, yes. Also, false flags abound. Reality seems to be bizarro-world lately! Oh, I forgot: the MSM always tells the truth, don’t they. Just ask ’em!

I’m sorta glad I’m getting old. This wears me down & saddens me, and try as I might, I can’t see how this wonderful country ever recovers from all this insanity. Hope I’m wrong, I pray I am wrong… but don’t think I am wrong. So very Glad the Treehouse is here, it’s an anchor in this sea of madness!

18. The thing that I find most shocking and important about this entire investigation the driver of the transport van has not yet given his statement to investigators by this point in the investigation. That would never be the case in any civilian investigation, and for good reason,
    See, if detectives are interviewing a suspect in a murder, they might withhold information, such as key details of a medical report or autopsy. Or that there’s video of an unreported stop. And also detectives lie to suspects,threaten, and cajole them. Right? I mean, it’s common knowledge that that’s how it’s done right?
    What would you say if I told you that everything that cops can do while interviewing and interrogating you, the legally cannot do to the driver of the transport van?

What would you say if I told you that the cop driving the transport van legally cannot be made to give a statement for ten days?

None of the six can be interviewed, and that’s because of the special rights for cops that I only just;learned about the other day. They’re set out in the Baltimore Law Enforcement Protection Act, which was passed in the 80s at the behest of police unions who lobbied for its passage in dozens of states. Quite simply, it means that cops have rights that you and I do not if we might be involved in any sort of death or bodily injury. They have rights that would favor a criminal in any investigation, and I didn’t really understand the extent that this was true until these leaks from the investigation thus far- An investigation which does not yet include statements from the very people involved.

This is incredible power. This is dangerous power.

And you know how they say absolute power corrupts absolutely?
    Guess what? The Baltimore Police Department is very, very corrupt, and has been for decades.

I know the officer driving the van is black, but that certainly doesn’t mean he’s not a bad cop. Not all bad and dangerous policing involves racism. The fact that he is a black man is no way exculpatory. In fact most crimes against black people are committed by black people, a fact of which I’m sure most of you are aware,

Anyway, I’m very suspicious of this whole thing. I think it’s shady as hell.

But more than that, I’m shocked, shocked about the fact that the Law Enforcement Protection Act exists, and it what it means. And that is why I’m writing this here, on a conservative blog.

The Law Enforcement Protection Act is a serious threat to liberty. Yours and mine. I think that this whole racism issue is distracting a lot of people who are ordinarily liberty minded from the growing power and might of the police, and also making them more willing to accept it in some ways. This is true of liberals, too. I mean, liberals are obviously more suspicious of the police, but not nearly enough, I think, as they would be if they knew about the Cop’s Super Special Bill of Rights, and I don’t think many do. I’d actually be willing to bet very few people any political persuasion know about it. Like I said, it’s completely new to me, and as I processed what it meant over the last couple of days, my mind was really blown by its implications.

So I’m hoping the people here will look into this for yourselves. I am confident that the liberty minded among you will be duly concerned, and hopefully, feel compelled to talk about it, write about it, and get this out there. I’m going to be all over it. I want to see politicians on both sides asked about it, because as it stands and will probably even get to be more the case, law enforcement is going to big in the next election. But for all the wrong reasons, or at least for reasons that are way less crucial. I’m personally very curious about what Rand Paul would say about it it if he were asked.

• Crap. I really messed up on some stuff here. Like even the title of the act that I’m referring to, which is actually different in the other states where it exists in slightly varying versions.
      Please don’t let my embarrassing errors prevent you from seriously considering for yourselves how much power cops should over abuse of power issues and incidents and imagining how it could easily impact you someday even though you’re not a thugs.

• Les says:

The Law Enforcement Protection Act is federal. I’m sure a citizen as concerned with liberty understands what that means. I’m not horrified we protect police and don’t let people shoot at them with armor-piercing bullets. The police SERVE. They are OUR police. Even criminals should appreciate the protection they receive.

The Police Officer Bill of Rights offers special protections (mostly courtesies extended so union reps can be present) because they have to deal with criminals as clients. It helps protect them from the people who break laws and lie for a living. Why do you have a problem with that?

I know you are trying very hard to appear a non-liberal, non-progressive, but bias shows. We aren’t going to start hating police because they are protected in the line of duty. And I’m pretty sure most people here are aware police have special protections and why they need them.

You are barking up the wrong tree. We have heard your “new ideas” thousands of times. That’s what liberals miss, the elephant in the room: You have nothing new to offer. You HiveMind ideas have been floating around for hundreds of years, some for thousands of years. Read more, post less.

• Me: “Please look into police powers and privileges”
          You “You’re trying to get us to hate police”
          Does not compute.

• Les says:

Repeat: This isn’t new information to most of us. It is shocking to you because you had no idea. Maybe don’t assume the rest of the country is as ignorant of these policies and laws as you are.

I hope you’re young. Pretty sure you are. I’m going to tell you about grown ups: We aren’t as easily led. We check things out for ourselves. We have lived awhile, have forgotten more than you know right now.

I do think it’s kinda cute how you are trying to get some affirmations here. You think you are going to change some minds and spread some truth. hahaha

It’s only news to you.

• Most of the country cannot name supreme court justices or the the three branches of government, Les.
              You’re stunningly naive for a grown up. You cite the police as public servants, which they are, but that doesn’t imply any sort of inherent benevolence or nobility. They are “our” police, but our government is also our government and our founders made it clear we were to be wary and watchful of it for abuses and expansion of power there, and police are nothing more than an extension of, indeed they provide the FORCE behind government power.

• Les says:

The police powers you were just discovering protect community police officers. Citizens are already protected under the Constitution.

You are trying to alarm us over due process. WTF? And you are pretending due process is harmful to the general public? You think due process is an expansion of power?

Calling me naive is part of the “only liberals do science” meme. I see you.

19. starrdustt says:

Slightly off topic maybe, but in these TV scenes over the past several days I’ve seen many Red-Black-Green striped flags. What the heck is that – anyone know ?

• goodoldboy66 says:

Palestine?

• starrdustt says:

To answer my own question….just did a Google search. From Wikipedia

The red, black, and green Pan-African flag designed by the UNIA in 1920. The Pan-African flag — also known as the UNIA flag, Afro-American flag and Black Liberation Flag — is a tri-color flag consisting of three equal horizontal bands of (from top down) red, black and green.

• Ziiggii says:

To continue your search also look into Black Liberation Theology. Which features Rev. Jeremiah Wright as a main example.

The flag use to stand for pride even as recent as the mid-90’s, but my personally belief is that it as been “taken over” by the Black Liberation Movement which is more akin to Nation of Islam and it’s Marxist ideology.

Put’s a new twist on our current POTUS.

• jason says:

around 5;15 in the video donte elaborates a little more about what he said to homicide detectives ~ “banging his head”

• lovely says:

Thank you and Yikes!

Allen bought a single cigarette and the store let him smoke the cigarette in the store and that is why he was arrested? Eh?

The last day Allen saw Gray was the day before Gray made the paddy wagon trip, so Allen actually knew Gray, he even called him “Shorty” .

• Justice_099 says:

RIght? That doesn’t even make any sense at all. Methinks this dude wasn’t anywhere near that van. The store didn’t call the police, according to him and unless the police are mind-readers how would they even know he went to buy a cigarette? And even if they did, why would they ask him where the cigarette was?

I can’t believe the media even bothered to talk to this guy. WTF?

• Justice_099 says:

It’s a bit of a conspiracy theory perhaps, but what proof do we have that this is the actual second prisoner?

• Now listen to that whole thing … When someone says that they didn’t know something before and learned about it later and they change their story (and admit they are changing their story) then they are full of shit. We they say they are not about this blah blah blah blah I aint wit the police … that means you are admitting that cultural and area forces are causing your story to be full of shit or even more so full of shit than before.

20. nivico says:

If he ran because he was carrying…

…and they didn’t find any drugs on him

Wonder if he swallowed what he had on him?

Depending on the type and quantity, it could certainly account for him being unresponsive thirty minutes later.

• striket1977 says:

That’s something that I was thinking as well. He was a known heroine dealer out at 8am in the morning. Those officers have probably had run ins with him before. It’ll be interesting to see what his toxicology report shows.

21. jello333 says:

I just wanna say one thing, in case any passers-by get the wrong impression. Even though we’re now here debating various small and large aspects of this case, in one very important way it doesn’t matter.

Let’s say on the one hand the cops were 100% right to stop and arrest Freddie, and did absolutely nothing to harm him. Whatever happened to him was his own doing. On the other hand, let’s say the cops took great joy in taking turns beating Freddie, finally causing his fatal injuries.

Even in the second scenario, it would still be NO JUSTIFICATION for the scumbag “protesters” to do what they did in their nights/days of rioting, burning, looting, TERRORIZING and attacking innocent people. I just want to make it clear that THAT is my view. The people who did those things are scum of the lowest kind, no matter what the cops may have done to cause Freddie’s death.

• goodoldboy66 says:

The events in Baltimore are just the latest example of a planned agenda consisting of multiple components and processes seized to advance the BGI and other negative agendas. Examining the following elements (Means, Opportunity and Motive) within these type of ‘man-made crisis’ situations may be useful toward grasping the Alinsky-ite ‘game plan’ for the fundamental transformation of America.

The Opportunity/Catalyst:
      1. AA male + White LE interaction (Running from LE in an area designated as a high crime zone – does permit pursuit per law).

The Means/Fuel:
      1. Communication between professional agitators to exploit situation by organizing external subversive elements (NAN, NAACP, et al); local and imported protesters, looters arsonists et al (useful foot soldier idiots); local and national enablers (mayor, police brass, prosecuting atty’s (Balt city, DOJ), CRS et al).
      2. Exponential expansion through popular social media and biased MSM reporting.
      3. References to justification: ‘Decades long’ injustice, marginalization of minorities, disparate impact, institutional bias/ racism, criminal justice system inequalities.
      4. Funding: taxpayer monies, domestic & foreign investors (NAN, NAACP, NOI, CAIR, Soros, Iran, ISIS, Russia).

The Motives/End Products:
      1. Advance BGI agenda > reparations/redistribution of wealth, social justice.
      2. State and federal spending in decaying area codes.
      3. De-criminalization of crime, police force re-training.
      4. Advance nationalization of police force/ law enforcement responsibilities, payback.
      5. Fundamental transformation of America by Obama and Democrats.
      6. Tactical and strategic disruption and distraction by domestic & foreign investors (NAN, NAACP, NOI, CAIR, Soros, Iran, ISIS, Russia).

• Les says:

And if we add a common sense point of view: How is throwing bricks at police going to make them NOT want to kick your @$$ next time they get their hands on you?

These folks need to think stuff out a little better…

22. littlelaughters says:

FTA: “He raised controversy with what he told police because he told them something he really he had to speculate on because he wouldn’t have known for sure.”
    Sure… But Dee-Dee’s hearing grass was totally without question.

23. http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/black-mob-attacks-white-man-in-baltimore-suburb/
    Anyway for anyone to force the release of this video of Baltimores darlings in the act

24. Justice_099 says:

Does anyone have a link to a straight video of the arrest? All I can find are chopped up clips with news commentary. Very annoying!

I am looking for a raw clip of the arrest from beginning to end.

• Justice_099 says:

Thank you. And I can hear the audio better. When he is screaming, as they are carrying him to the van, he says “My wrists!”

I’d think a broken neck or leg would be a bigger concern than his wrists, right?

• Right and I’m quite sure the reason he was limp walking was twofold, first mainly because the way the cop was sitting on his legs, crossed and up to his behind. I’m sure a few minutes in that position would cause some circulation to be somewhat cut off for a bit causing the legs to fall asleep and a bit of pain but nothing a few minutes of relaxation wouldn’t cure and secondly because he was playing it up for a future law suit.

Also the witness that recorded that said he saw the cops kneeling on his neck, which I do not see. He also said they tased him which also is not true as the cops reported they downloaded the taser info and it showed no info of firing and there were no marks on Gray.

• Justice_099 says:

The cop even says to the guy recording that he didn’t taze him.

Also notice the person recording asked which car they got out of and someone else had to point out to him that it was the bike cops. So he didn’t even see the entire arrest.

• Yep, just another “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” witness. Wonder how many more will crawl out of the woodwork.

• Justice_099 says:

I’m trying to find it again, but earlier I watched a video of a woman claiming that she was there at the stop when they supposedly took Freddie out of the van to put the leg restraints on him. She said she asked Freddie if he was ok and all he said was that he couldn’t breathe.

“I can’t breathe”, “Loosies”, next that switchblade is going to turn into skittles and cigarillos.

• This whole neck thing. I tell ya I just don’t know what to think about it except wait for the official autopsy. The only info I can find so far comes from the family so I don’t trust that of course. At the end of the day I don’t think anyone will be able to say with any certainty when and how much he was injured that led to his death, there’s just too many variables; the apprehension, the van ride, the care given to him at the police station by EMT’s, the care given to him at the hospital all could have caused vertebrae damage to spinal cord damage to ultimately death. Who’s to say how much, when, where and who in relation to death is impossible to say.

• Les says:

I’m waiting to see if there is a bolt inside the van. They are made to not have protruding bolts. Sample pics of the van don’t really help, the van could have been modified, but I wonder how Mr. Gray got an injury on the top of his head.

• Les says:

Then there is this:

The sources quoted by the Washington-based station said the medical examiner had determined Gray’s death was caused by a catastrophic injury after he slammed into the back of the police transport van while inside it, “apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van.”

25. Justice_099 says:

After finally watching the full interview with Donte I am going to go way out on a limb (see what I did there?) and suggest that THIS person was nowhere near that van.

To prove that, the cops would need to “out” the actual second prisoner, which they are not going to do. Maybe that’s the goal, to try to force the police to out the second prisoner so they can give the snitch some street justice.

Nothing he said made any sense at all including the amount of time he claimed to be in the van. His arrest made no sense (they punched him in the face?) The reason for the police even talking to him made no sense (for buying a cigarette? WTF?)

The facts we had been given before (I only heard it here) was the second person was picked up for a protection order violation. This man says he was arrested for buying a cigarette. It was also mentioned that the second prisoner was still in police custody.

Disclaimer: This is my suspicion based on my observations. Not determined facts.

• Justice_099 says:

To expand on that. He claims that he was arrested for allegedly stealing a cigarette. Yet, according to him, he bought the cigarette and the store owners let him smoke it in there. So if the store owners didn’t call the police reporting a stolen cigarette, then who did? And if nobody did, why would the police even know anything about a cigarette?

Seriously. Nothing this man says makes any sense at all.

• Armie says:

You may be onto something here. The Washington Post story says the second passenger was 38 years old.

• BitterC says:

FWIW, I read somewhere during Eric Gardner that it’s a Federal Offense to sell “loosies” because the FDA has mandated you cannot sell them like that.

• Justice_099 says:

True but the article claims he was arrested for stealing cigarettes, not selling loosies.

The “I can’t breathe” and the “loosies” were snatched up by these morons.

The “I can’t breathe” is from another witness that said she spoke with Freddie at the point where the cops supposedly removed him from the van to put him in leg restraints. She said she asked Freddie if he was ok and he just told her that he couldn’t breathe (people can’t talk when they can’t breathe, btw.)

• Les says:

Loosies seem to be a big problem in certain communities. And who smokes inside a store or any public space? That’s nuts.

26. Justice_099 says:

He says that he is doing the interviews because he fears for his life because they are putting his name out there.

Nobody knew his name until he came forward himself. HE outed himself.

• yakmaster2 says:

HE is the only one I know of saying he was arrested over a stolen cigarette, which as many here have already said, is RIDICULOUS. I’m much more inclined to believe the original report that he was arrested for violating a protective order. He wouldn’t want to admit that on camera because violating a protective order makes you look like an obessed, violent, stalker of women. Even in the hood that can’t be cool—unless they like cretins.

• Justice_099 says:

I strongly suspect he is not really the second prisoner. The original police report with his name on it was shown to the WaPo under the condition that his name was not released. And it has not been officially released at all. So, nobody knows whose name is on that report.

So how would this reporter track him down if she didn’t even know who he was? My guess, because people pointed her to him.

Nothing he says lines up with pretty much any of the facts we know so far. An important one, for example, is that we know he was picked up at the second stop. We have video of that. Yet he claims that they drove straight to the police station. There were two other stops. We KNOW this. His interview reeks of someone listening to street rumors, not somebody who actually witnessed anything.

This is either meant to buy more time for the sympathetic attention or an effort to try to get the police to out the real prisoner so they can extract justice.

This wouldn’t be the first time the BGI manufactured a witness.

That’s my opinion.

27. Justice_099 says:

It gets even better!:

“Allen, who is currently in prison and was listed as a source in a police document, refuted a police account of the night when Gray was taken into custody. ”

Currently in prison? Yet here we just watched him give two interviews on the street yesterday?

WTF is going on here?

• BitterC says:

Not to mention 8:00 am is hardly “night”

• Armie says:

This needs to get sorted quickly. The “30-35 minutes without medical care” statement he’s making is something he picked up from the BGI narrative.

• Armie says:

…or sounds like it, anyway.

• Les says:

When does the clock start on the 30-35 minutes? From the moment of arrest? From the second or third stop? From the time the driver said he needed medical attention? There is a news article saying the EMTs thought they were going to help a person with a broken arm.

We need more information. So do the rioters.

28. pspsst says:

Day light is longer now, and if the van started off at 8 am to arrest Freddy and bring another man in on the same van from a near by location, why wouldn’t the van have set out again after bringing Freddie and the 38 year old passenger to the police depot? The van was seen on videos that day but it may have contained other perps thereby explaining the mysterious stops – which were way off from the first north-south route. The video shows the van with police officers at the back. Duh. Did we actually see Freddy or was it some other perp. Donte was witnessing some other catch, or none at all. He’s imagining a bit of what exactly? Wind rustling, passing traffic, cops reaching for a pop drink?

If the 5 stops were actually correct time sequences, then the alternative is the driver was indeed nickel driving Freddy about as much as he could knowing his hands were not free and now had leg shackles. Smart Freddy wasn’t taught not to stand up in the back of a van when you can’t catch a fall. I hesitate to suppose a police driver knowing Freddy is yelling in pain, fake or not, would jerk the van around. The accusation that police did not put safety belts on is questionable given that Freddy was handcuffed and indeed thusly restrained. He should not have stood up if so. But stop number 2 shortly after initial take off was not long. Freddy must have been booting the back of the driver’s seat infuriating the driver. If he could kick the driver’s rear, he to the driver’s opinion was in no dire medical emergency. So he then shackled his legs. Was Fred able to undo his seat belts if belted in even with hand cuffs? I could in a regular car with the buckles on the side.

29. Justice_099 says:

We need some eyes looking through the many videos to find this “Danta Allen” within the crowds. I was trying to see if he was in any of the witness video but it doesn’t show any of the on-lookers.

Maybe looking among looters, in the background of people giving interviews, maybe?

I am nearly positive this guy in the video above was not in that van with Freddie.

30. Some are saying the driver was black. How do they know this? Would certainly destroy the narrative of a racist driver trying to hurt him.

31. george bauer says:

He states that he could not see because of a metal partition yet every photo I’ve seen of the back of the van shows only an open area.
    He saw what happened.

32. kelly r says:

Police refer to detainees as Mr./ Ms. ALL THE TIME, it’s practically protocol. Don’t you people watch Cops?!?!?

33. smarty says:

If Gray was not strapped in and because of being cuffed/shackled when a sharp turn or abrupt stop was made he was propelled off of the bench into the side of the van, then I can see how there was a thud or a bang. The medical report states that he sustained an injury from a bolt inside the van, will be interested in seeing the full report.

34. ShirleyUJest says:

“What we do know is that the lead prosecutor in Mosby’s office, the official who led the investigation in the Freddie Gray case, is veteran attorney Janice Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is in a relationship with WBAL investigative reporter Jayne Miller, one of Baltimore’s most experienced and well sourced TV journalists.
    Miller confirmed the relationship to a Sun reporter Friday morning. Later in the day, when I called to ask her about the allegations, she said, “Call my general manager.””
    Surprise.

35. TrumpFanGirl says:

WHY was he taken to Homicide before Gray even got to the hospital? Gray didn’t die for a week. Wouldn’t regular detectives take his info?