We shared this story yesterday.  Apparently VSU’s activities are gaining a lot of attention, including the unwillingness of the campus “activist group” to identify themselves.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant; but notice how many MSM stories are spinning the coverage to make Michelle Manhart the controversy instead of the “student group” marching on the USA flag for three days… wonder why that is?

Valdosta State University

Michelle is a magnificent WOLVERINE !!!

VALDOSTA — A military veteran was detained but not charged by Valdosta State University police after she approached a group of protesters on campus who were walking on an American flag and took it from them.

Michelle ManhartMichelle Manhart, an Air Force veteran, said she was not planning to take the flag from the group, but she had heard about the group’s recent campus demonstrations and wanted to take action.

“I did not want anything like this, but I got a call from a student who told me that the flag was on the ground, and they were walking on it,” said Manhart. “I was just going over there to pick up the flag off the ground. I don’t know what their cause is, but I went to pick it up because it doesn’t deserve to be on the ground.”

Manhart said she was taken into custody by VSU police officers who then returned the flag to the demonstrators. She admitted to The Valdosta Daily Times that she resisted arrest after seeing the flag being returned.

The group reportedly declined to press charges against Manhart. The officers attempting to detain her also declined to press charges for resisting.

Instead, Manhart was given a criminal trespass warning which effectively bans her from any university activity, including graduation and football games, said Andy Clark, vice president for enrollment, marketing and communications.

The demonstrators declined to identify their group to The Valdosta Daily Times or speak with a reporter about their cause, but they did engage VSU students in heated debate. (read more)

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Christian Values, Conspiracy ?, Cultural Marxism, Death Threats, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, Police action, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

164 Responses to MSM Picks Up Story of Warrior Patriot Michelle Manhart Challenging Valdosta State University Students Walking On Flag…

1. labrat says:

There’s supposed to be a counter protest by vet groups on the campus tomorrow. I hope they get an amazing turnout!

• Dixie says:

That swarm of locusts are descending….

• lorac says:

I hope a lot of black vets turn up, and tell this punks to quit the crap.

I almost burst out laughing, reading that the one guy thinks they are slaves. Our society needs to stop bending over for such idiots.

And these brave warriors who were too chicken to even give their names or group name need to return everything their “slavemasters” have given them, since the one guy said they don’t want it – all the EBT, welfare, Medi-caid, headstart, free breakfasts and lunches at school, and affirmative action points.

• lou says:

good for them…(btw, on the last thread I inadvertently was thinking “Valparaiso” not Valdosta….sorry)

• Kitty Smith says:

Those swooning over Mrs. Manhart apparently haven’t read her further comments on p.2 of the linked article:

“If your cause is racism then find some white people and walk on them,” said Manhart. “But to walk on the flag is walking on our symbol of freedom. You have the freedom to do what you are doing because of it. I’m not fighting against them. I’m fighting against the way they are going about it.”

Another rocket surgeon.

• jello333 says:

Oh Lord… another White Guilter. This woman who showed courage in trying to take the flag from them (and yes it took courage, whether you agree with her actions or not) has NO courage when it comes to standing up to the LIES of the BGI. She’s basically saying, “Go ahead and threaten, maim, and murder white people if you want, that’s cool. Just don’t touch the flag!”

IDJIT

• canadacan says:

Praying for this.
      Finally found the time to look at the video in full.
      That crowd that was involved in disrespecting the flag had some of the stupidest looking people I have ever seen. Who’s that moron with his hat on sideways.?
      Urban ghetto black trash.
      The lady in question was very good at keeping her cool yet standing her ground

2. VegasGuy says:

“One member of the group who declined to speak with The Valdosta Daily Times or identify himself told a VSU student that putting the American flag on the ground and walking on it was “a symbol of our protest. When a slave understands his situation and understands he doesn’t want to be in slavery, he does not respect or revere anything his slavemaster has put in front of him.”

I suspect a Marine Combat Squad would “explain” to them what the reeor of their ways are.

Wonder if that applies to the Grants & EBT card that his “Slavemaster” also put in front of him?

Blacks….A totally lost cause……Can only hope their own violance against each other becomes natures’ way of thinning the herd.

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

Couldnt agree more with your sentiments

Oh, and i used to be anti-abortion, nowadays i wouldnt mind seeing a clinic on every street corner in our major cities.

As the saying goes: “give ’em enough rope, theyll hang themselves”.

• bleep21k says:

VegasGuy – what do you mean “Blacks…A totally lost cause…”?

Regardless of your dismay, its a fact that a Marine Combat Squad, or its Platoon (or any other Unit for that matter) would consist of at least ONE black or non-white marine.

I see TWO WHITE “Law Officers” involved in this altercation, and eventual arrest, treating an American veteran disrespectfully –
      Maybe you should hope the Combat Squad gets “even” with the campus police, and gets justice for their brother in arms – the “herd” thinner by at least…is it 2 or 1(sarcasm)?

• Blonde in Red says:

bleep,

People of all races feel safer when in the presence of majority blacks…

—<said nobody sane

• bleep21k says:

Blonde in Red – On a daily basis I’m in the “presence” and company of a majority of blacks, both at home and at work. On Sundays at church. Unless I’m having a bad hair day, I enjoy my life profusely, and honestly don’t give much thought to my safety while around blacks.

My trepidation comes from the general course that I feel this country is headed, which is down a road paved with intolerance (both black and white) for anyone who has a different opinion, color, religion, or favorite sports team, and the “wish” that “those people” are thinned out and/or hanged.

Alarm that you would desire to live in a world where only those that agree with you, look like you, worship like you – live. “Hope” long and hard enough, perhaps that fundamental “Change” will come to America.

I started following the TCTH, because I appreciated the coverage of the Jessica Lane TRAGEDY, then the Michael Brown shooting, etc, etc – you have NO idea how these type of events effect me personally (I think of catching up to the thug azz, bytch azz nggz that would burn a young girl to death – the retribution I would deliver cannot be described here, but would most definitely involve forms of torture – without even the hope of escape by incarceration or death).

I don’t understand the religion of Islam enough to intelligently discuss it here, but I do have an idea, based on what I have read and researched myself, that I would never become a Muslim under any circumstance, and I am willing to fight to the death, those that would do me or mine harm – those that don’t want to engage me really don’t need my attention.

No, I guess SANE people thank god that only the good white people have access to fertilizer (Oklahoma City), or an AR-15 and purple hair dye (Colorado), or are anti-social members of the high school bowling team (Colorado), or that by simply being white are allowed to walk into an elementary school uncontested (Sandy Hook)…at least you can feel safe around a majority white folks…-<thinks Blonde in Red.

You are doing me a favor by “plainly” expressing your opinions.Jjust maybe we can BOTH learn something from each other here, possibly make this a better country and by extension a better world.

Or politely (or not) ask me to leave this forum (an open invitation to anyone here), so that you good whites can get on with your business at hand.

I dindu nuffin except express my grievance wit chu!!

• Sharon says:

Those who generalize and castigate are not welcome here, no matter who they are or what they are generalizing about. I addressed the issue above…..

• Hank Rearden says:

Bleep, sorry for nitpicking but this statement of yours is not correct: “…that by simply being white are allowed to walk into an elementary school uncontested (Sandy Hook)…” In fact, the doors were locked. He shot his way in. And he was contested by school officials who were the first to die while doing so.

• Jesse Jackson himself acknowledged that being around blacks is dangerous. Please spare us the sanctimonious political correctness.

• Kitty Smith says:

I don’t think anybody wants you to leave. But you need to realize that many whites are innocent victims of black-on-white crime and this has been going on and growing for far too long.

I also don’t think anybody here believes all blacks are violent or to be feared. The problem is that black crime has reached a tipping point where black crime and very unsavory public behaviors can no longer be tolerated. Most, not all, of the violent, senseless crimes are committed by young blacks but other behaviors seem to permeate all age levels in the black race, including the inability to settle differences without violence, general incivility, attempts to intimidate (“I be black so I be badass”” or some crap like that, and that includes grown women. It is affecting the entire black race and the perceptions and attitudes of whites toward them. We can’t make blacks stop. Those changes have to come from within the black culture. Blacks should push Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, Jesse Jackson and Barack Obama out the door to the back bench as fast as possible, and the same holds true for other supposed black role models in sports, etc.. Get back to the days when blacks respected each other, themselves, and society in general. The numbers of those who do grow fewer by the day because your leaders are losers taking black culture down a dead-end path.

A culture of violence, disrespect, incivility and unproductivity based on the lie that whitey owes you and you can do anything to him until you get it is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy of anti-black racism. Many of us who used to really care no longer do. You can only spit on us, beat on us, rip us off, and lie to us for so long. Most have run out of patience, and it is your problem to correct. We can’t do it for you, no matter how hard we’ve tried and no matter how much money we throw at your culturally dysfunction.

First, stop self-segregating by calling yourselves a “community”, stop calling yourselves “African-American”, get off the Democrat plantation and stop being a taken-for-granted voting bloc, and put your hands back into your own pockets for support, goods and services.

• acumenmac says:

I commend you for saying what needs to be said. You were civil but to the point. The black situation is this country is approaching DEFCON one status. I suggest getting Erik Rush’s book Negrophilia. “From slave block to pedestal – America’s racial obsession.
              Rush tells the hard truth …………………… that’s the hard part – the truth.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

BO’s grandmother confessed her fear of black men
            who passed by her on the street.

• GoneGalting says:

I’m black. I fear young blacks. My mother is deathly afraid of young blacks.

I’m a landlord in a major city. I try my best not to rent to blacks. I’m from the South. I grew up fearing the KKK. I’d take the KKK over that 13 y/o in Memphis with the extended magazine.

You mentioned church. Well, mostly older blacks attend church. But anywhere there are young blacks is typically extremely dangerous. Especially if you are nonblack.

• georgiafl says:

Pray for revival among young Americans of every color. The Holy and True GOD of LOVE, TRUTH AND LIFE is our only hope. Not socialism, not Allah and not money, power and social justice.

II Corinthians 7:14

• 1harpazo says:

Did you mean II CHRONICLES 7:14 or does this thread have something to do with Titus?
                And Jesus said that this racial strife and worse would happen in the last days: Matt 24:7: “For nation (ethnos) will rise against nation (ethnos),…” The racial strife will escalate into battles because we are in the last days.

• Mscynlynn says:

I am a white woman who works daily in an office which consist of two white women, two white males and two black males. I’m in meetings and briefings with people of all races and the schools in my area are primarily mixed race. I have just as much fear of a group of young white thugs as I do a group of young black thugs. I live in a middle class military town. We do have our “ghettos” and “trailer park” areas but for the most part the races here get along great.

Our town has experienced a rise in black on white crime. It saddens me because I don’t want to become prejudice of a group of people based on their race and socioeconomic class.

• VegasGuy says:

I made a post yesterday and then left. With the admonishments and half hearted attempt at censorship, I believe a response is justified to clarify my position.

Bleep21k says…..“VegasGuy – what do you mean “Blacks…A totally lost cause…”?”

“In this instance, and considering your post – I am a obliged to take you to task, and ask that you explain this vitriol about “Blacks”.”

Vitriol: cruel and bitter criticism. Where was it cruel & where was it bitter?

It was simply a statement of my view of the Black cause, which by all accounts, is a lost cause. Why is it a lost cause? Because it is built on the premise that Blacks believe they are somehow penalized merely for being Black. That is what the leaders of Black causes proffer and attempt to instill into the AA masses.

I would think that FTP, #BlackLivesMatter, burn this bytch down, death to whites, justice for (whatever), etc, is far more vitriol about Whites than anything I stated being vitriol about Blacks.

The view that all Blacks are inherently bad, was not put forth. The view, by Blacks, that Blacks as a community, accept that non- Blacks perceive them as such, is evident. That is their rally point. Every instance of perceived “injustice” is fine tuned to “prove” that the injustices heaped upon them were conceived of “ill will” against them as a race.

That could not be further from the truth and any level headed Black knows it is no where near accurate. Your simply defending that position gives credence to the obvious.

You go on in another post to paraphrase my thoughts….but you add your own preconceived assumptions.

“and the “wish” that “those people” are thinned out and/or hanged.”

I made no “wish”. I made no reference to “those people”. And, you added “hanged”. I don’t recall that word appearing in my post, or anyone else‘s for that matter. But, since it is in your thought process, you do have that nagging mentality of Blacks being wantonly and maliciously persecuted merely for being Black. You know and understand that or you would not be defending the “not not all Blacks are bad” position. Another thought you brought out was….“I think of catching up to the thug azz, bytch azz nggz that would burn a young girl to death”

So you accept and acknowledge that there are “such” individuals within the Black community. And you readily identify them by what they are. Thug azz, bytch azz nggz, Those are the ones that any other community fears, and rightly so, Including your own community

In responding to Blonde In Red, you say….” I am black, and I’m sorry that you fear blacks – you have NO reason to fear me, or my parents or my children, a fact that I can express confidently.” Because you are not one of “those”, you thereby separate yourself from those who are. And those who are need to rightfully be feared.

So why do you, in your innermost thoughts, fear me? Do I represent the White community? Do I hold rallies against your position? Do I mob, riot, loot, burn, and create chaos merely because I perceive my race is under privileged? Do I threaten your liberty? Will I bring harm to you and yours by merely being White?

Yankeeintx stated….Statistically speaking young, Black males are not doing their race any favors with displays like this, and when they are in the news, it’s usually not because they are being awarded any medals.

That directly goes to my statement of “natures’ way of thinning the herd. Black on Black violence culling the voracious element. Until violent and militant Blacks can acclimate to the laws of society, then my statement of Blacks being, or perhaps more accurately, having a lost cause, IMO, does have validity.

As Bleep21k said….I dindu nuffin except express my grievance wit chu!!

All I can say is …..Like wise…..

• ytz4mee says:

On this we can agree.

• yankeeintx says:

The only statistics I can find on the USMC list Black Males at less than 12%. I would think that would make it likely that there can be many squads that would not contain at least one Black male.
        Vegas did not say an all White Marine Combat Squad, and if the squad did contain a Black Marine, I am willing to bet he would also like to talk to this group about their antics.

• bleep21k says:

yankeeintx – I agree with that stat, my point is that – like you point out, you can bet the black Marine would want to chat with these folks. So…VegasGuy – what do you mean “Blacks…A totally lost cause…”?

• 2x4x8 says:

it comes from the use of statistics, and treating the majority as the norm and not an individual

thanks for posting, Ben Carson

• yankeeintx says:

I think the problem is that there are a lot more of these disrespectful young, Black males than there are Black Marines. Statistically speaking young, Black males are not doing their race any favors with displays like this, and when they are in the news, it’s usually not because they are being awarded any medals.

• GoneGalting says:

You forgot the youn black WOMEN! They are more dangerous than the men. With a pocketful of welfare, a brood of kids ready to fight at a dime’s drop, they are feeding/trainig the brigade. It’s not like these kids are learning this behaviour from the fathers.

• Les says:

The old saying goes: “There is only one color in the Marine Corps ~ Marine Green!”

They are coyote tan now, but y’all know what I mean.

• canadacan says:

Praying for this.
            Finally found the time to look at the video in full.
            Urban ghetto black trash.
            The lady in question was very good at keeping her cool yet standing her ground

• crossthread42 says:

I’m assuming your saying that… (This was INSTILLED in BT & AIT), that ALL The ARMED FORCES bleed ONE Color… GREEN… Of course being a Army DOD dependent, Since Birth; My Indoctrination, was instilled @ a very young age, there’s NO such thing as RACE, We all bleed Green under the Red-White & blue, Freedom & the American flag.. 😉

• Les says:

Yep, that’s what I meant.

I see the ills of our society creeping into our military bit by bit. There are still many of the good guys around, but messed up culture destroys everything it touches. Our military is no different than our schools or workforce or society in general. When the military was allowed to implement rules and standards it kept much of that at bay, but the slack standards pushed on us by liberals and special interests are causing an internal decay we won’t be able to hide much longer.

We have to get back to JUST being Americans. I don’t care what color you are until you start b*tching about it, then I stop listening. For thoser who whine about being dicriminated against in the past to become the MOST discriminatory culture is disgusting. They haven’t learned anything. White people want you to do your share. We want you to learn and behave and pay your own way. I can’t help it if you were born another color. How anyone can blame a white person for that is beyond me, talk to your mom about it.

• 1harpazo says:

I get your drift and it would be great if in this “melting pot” ALL Americans would be true to the Red, White and Blue!

• ytz4mee says:

There are fewer than 12% and almost all of them are in combat support elements, NOT in a “combat squad”. I spent a great deal of time (unfortunately) hanging at Camp Horno and my first hand observations belie his “fact”.

• ytz4mee says:

No, that is not a “fact”.

• Millwright says:

I suspect it would only take one Marine to “splain” it to the protestor’s satisfaction. >MW

3. Lou says:

some Cuban guy took the American flag during the Elian debacle and put holes on the other side to hang it upside down. I hoisted it down, and hung it right side up while a bunch of Cubans watched. I kissed the flag when it came down. these people were in disbelief.

• Col.(R) Ken says:

Thank you Lou, for showing respect, for the Flag, yeah I bled for that Flag, many others paid with their lives, so an old Veteran, like myself, can sit here in peace.

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

Thank you sir.

• Lou says:

thanks Colonel. I served as well. I didn’t bleed, but always thought if you’re living in a country, you should respect the country you live in. I was taught to respect the flag, and it’s just ingrained in me. I was only one of 60 Americans stationed in a NATO (USAFE) base (without a base exchange, BX), and viewed the flag as a symbol of the land I grew up in, and saw the flag as a serious symbol that one should respect. A lot of Cubans took it as a way to get back at Castro I guess. To me, I found it highly offensive. For me, I felt that some felt like they were privileged to do this, and many of them were probably illegal. I mean, I would never go live in Cuba and hang their flag upside down. just disrespectful. at that time, it was generally acceptable for Cubans to disrespect the US. for me, it was an ugly time to live in Miami.

oh, and thanks SD for the badge. I believe many on here would do the same thing.

• Millwright says:

Thank you Col. A lot of good men have bled and died for our flag, and they laid a lot more of our enemies at their feet to refresh the Tree of Liberty.

• Roy says:

Thank you.

4. Col.(R) Ken says:

Well done SSG. Everyone of those “students should be cited under the US Code. And those police officers should turn in their badges for not citing those “students”. And don’t give me any crap about this is a 1st Amendment issue. Oh almost forgot, one protester was talking about the slave issue, here’s a news flash: Musslooms still enslave people, and most African tribes have slaves.

5. AdukeLAXobserver says:

Wolverine indeed. She did what others wish they had the guts to do.

6. JohnP says:

The wolverine, has a reputation for ferocity and strength out of proportion to its size, with the documented ability to kill prey many times larger than itself.

7. Annie says:

Isn’t it interesting that the Muslim slave trade along the Barbary coast that enslaved Christians to build the sultan’s palaces is totally ignored throughout our history books. The history of Muslim slave trade and the capturing is long and brutal.
    As you, I say to the young woman who stood against the collegiate functional illiterates, thank you for you service to our country and well done. To those collegiate morons who have no idea the privilege bestowed upon them living in this country and the over weight, brain dead security guards of this college shame on you.

8. lastConservinIllinois? says:

Oh man, shes not just a warrior and a patriot, shes gorgeous.

9. libby says:

I bought four american flags today, miniature, but I love ’em.

10. labrat says:

I can’t be there to help but I can participate in this. urn up the phone lines tomorrow. Spread the word.

The idea is for all of us to call VSU tomorrow (20 APR 2015) at 229-333-5727 to let them know that this hero should be allowed back on campus.
    Please share with your friends, and please click like at our page —> We Support Michelle Manhart!

• Dixie says:

labrat….page has been taken down….but I got the message.

• lorac says:

The facebook page says not available now….? (I don’t have facebook, is that why?)

• auscitizenmom says:

I just went on it.

• stella says:

I see it just fine.

• lorac says:

Thanks for feedback, you guys. Below is what it tells me, so I think maybe you have facebook already….?

This content is currently unavailable
          The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

• lorac says:

I really wanted to read the comments berating them! lol

I’m so glad the public is speaking out, and that people are going there tomorrow. When I first read this story, it reminded me of the Ferguson area college (the protestors decided to camp there for awhile) that for no reason at all agreed to give them all kinds of things, like a black studies department (IIRC), etc. I’m glad that doesn’t seem to be happening here.

11. JohnP says:

Humm, on the Valdosta University Facebook page they are getting reamed mercilessly. With just cause.

• Les says:

Horrible language, really bad, but I laughed out loud http://i57.tinypic.com/11hqcrs.jpg

• Les says:

I didn’t notice this, going back to watch…

Emery Chandler so what are you doing about the people in the first 5 seconds of the video who had the flag of hamas- a terrorist organization black listed by the federal gov, you could briefly see it again. are you letting a terrorist organization recruit at your school? kinda looks that way- regards from the AF.

• carterzest says:

I don’t see it either, but, just the fact that the NBPP is the one behind it is making a lot of sense. Keep advancing the oBlamer’s agenda…..

• Meyer says:

Les, where do you see the flag of hamas exactly? I can’t find it within the first 5 seconds. Are you talking about the table wrap? I like to add this info to the VSU Facebook discussion. Txs!

• Les says:

I couldn’t find it, not sure what video the guy was talking about.

• Les says:

Hey Meyer, I figure it was worth looking for, it IS the table wrap.

• Meyer says:

Thanks, Les. Flag master, Sheldon Cooper, would know! To me, the table wrap looks like a gold star. From what I could gather from research, the flag of hamas is green with white lettering.

• Meyer says:

The picture clearly shows the campus police was a mere 12″ from the flag on the ground — why didn’t he pick up it up???

• Sharon says:

Ummm – because he didn’t want to?

• Meyer says:

I hope you are being sarcastic, Sharon. As a police officer, he is supposed to hold up the law. A person was walking on the flag right in front of him.

• jello333 says:

There’s no law against desecrating a flag.

• jello333 says:

Sorry, hit “post” to soon. Anyway, there CAN be restrictions placed on where and when it can be done.

• Meyer says:

WRONG, Jellow333. It is a misdemeanor.

• Meyer says:

Sorry for capitalizing the word wrong . . . . it’s a case of misplaced frustration – my bad.

• jello333 says:

Hmm, the column is getting too narrow to reply directly under. Anyway, no, it’s not a felony OR misdemeanor… not unless the Supreme Court has overruled itself (from Texas v. Johnson (1989) and subsequent cases).

• Meyer says:

In the State of Georgia it is a crime to mutilate, deface, defile or abuse contemptuously the USA flag.

• jello333 says:

Okay, I guess I should have worded that differently. There ARE still some laws, as in “still on the books” in many states. But as soon as anyone is actually charged under those laws, that’ll be the end of the law… just as has happened to many other laws that were still “on the books” but no longer really had the force of law (because of superseding, usually SC rulings).

(BTW, I am NOT arguing that flag desecration is okay… and I’m REALLY not saying I think these “protesters” are okay!!… I’m talking strictly about the laws.)

• Les says:

Better one:

• Les says:

Sundance had this on the front page and I looked at it about five times before I saw it. haha
              I can’t find that exact configuration of flag, several countries have that color combo (African countries and terrorist countries, I mean Muslim countries, and black organizaitons). The green star hints at Iraq or maybe Hamas. If that lady would move her @$$ we could see it better. I notice the flag disappeared quickly after the fracas.

• Les says:

According to this video, they weren’t in the “Freedom of Speech Zone” at the college.

• Dixie says:

Click on that and read the rest of the over 6,000 comments.

12. Dixie says:

Manhart said she was not on campus long enough to discern the group’s message. However, she said if the cause was racism, she agreed with the cause but opposed the method of protest.

Huh? Maybe I was too quick to take sides without the benefit of the end of the story. I was born and raised in a largely black town. We all got along very well. My Dad was a large employer of blacks in a small town. These children DO NOT know what they are talking about. I don’t understand this militant behavior….the elderly members of their black families DO NOT feel this way. These young black militants are not human….they are brainwashed animals.

Sadly, I guess Manhart, though she defended the flag, she might would have been one of the liberals protesting along side them, just not showing disrespect for the flag. Thank Goodness for small favors. I took up for her yesterday but I take it all back today.

Rant over. I’m giving up and withdrawing.

• JohnP says:

Actually her statement was perfect. She preemptively negated the BGI before they had a chance to use it.

• Dixie says:

Yeah, guess you’re right. I went off the deep end. I’ve been teetering quite a lot lately.

• JohnP says:

Dixie, it needed to be said. If we accepted everything without questioning, we would be liberals. Always question, always challenge, don’t ever stop, be the Wolverine.

• lorac says:

I didn’t like her suggesting that they stomp on white people instead of the flag. We are not slave masters. I know she didn’t literally mean it, I’m just so tired of people enabling them to continue this victim meme. But she did a good job, I don’t mean to detract from that.

13. Its time to take our country back people, good people like the Patriot Lady have had enough! We need a 100 thousand people like her to show up and stop this decay I think Hillary will lose by a landslide! Go Wolverines!

14. JohnP says:

If you wish to tell the university president what you think, his email address is – wmckinney@valdosta.edu

15. imreek says:

I hate to say it, but – yawn. So a bunch of idiots wanted publicity for their obsolete ‘grievances an’ outrage’. They finally got someone angry enough to fall for their gimmick and get them some. While I support Sgt. Manhart, there were better ways to fight back, make a point, and not become an abetter to the story. How about placing the flags of countries that still have slavery on the ground next to the U.S. flag. Wouldn’t it be a shame if the other flags were African and Mid east countries? Wouldn’t it be a shame if the DinDo crowd attacked the supporter of modern anti-slavery. I bet all the flags would be gone in minutes. And since it would be the wrong reaction, perhaps this wouldn’t be repeated until it stopped getting a reaction.

A bunch of juvenile losers act up in public until someone reacts. Then, since this is what they have been waiting for, they have a chance to scream their story. Same thing has been going on since the founding of mass newspapers. There should be some way discovered by now to not fall into the same old trap. Both reacting an not reacting seem to be what these losers can work with. There has to be some technique that shuts them down without giving them a forum.

• imreek says:

I wonder if Boko Haram has a flag? WOW lets’ get the feminists VS. anti slavery VS. muslim VS black VS. ect. story out there !

• aprilyn43 says:

Defacing the American flag is wrong!; it may be legal because of some stupid liberal judge made a unpatriotic ruling, but it’s still “Wrong”.
      Brave men and women shed their blood and their lives fighting under that flag, to protect and defend this nation. No one in this country should be allowed to deface an American flag!
      If you don’t support the flag of this country you don’t support this country, it’s just that simple.

• 7delta says:

I really like that idea. Attach each flag to a poster with a few facts written on it, like: “Still practices slavery”, “25% of the population legally enslaved. 96% of slaves are black Africans”, “123 villages attacked last year by Al Queda operatives. 472 villagers sold into slavery”, “Has the largest population of enslaved women and children in the world”, “Still practices ‘the religious duty’ of female genital mutilation”, “In the last 10 years, 1 million women sold into sex slavery”, “You have the freedom to use The Stars and Stripes as a doormat, because it led the way to abolishing slavery”, “Old Glory doesn’t look so bad now, does it?”

With a few (real) facts, I could make signs all night.

• aprilyn43 says:

If we did that it would mean walking on the flags of Islamic countries; cause Islam is a slave owning religion.
        Since most Islamic flags incorporate phrases from the Quran or the name Allah on the flag, the added benefit would be the defacing of Islam; That Works For Me!!!

• thevelvetkitten says:

A meme would be a good start to that awareness. Not sure about walking on others flags no matter how I feel about them though.

16. aprilyn43 says:

Yes, she is one Brave Lady – I applaud her and support her.

17. bob e says:

what an incredible young lady .. somebody memo her & see if she will grace our blog ..
    i promise to behave .. did she not look stunning in uniform .. WOW

seems like our new member vamoosed after seeing the deputy truth badge ..

18. TheLastDemocrat says:

Staff Sergeant Manhart should be invited to be commencement speaker at Valdosta.

19. peachteachr says:

TY, sd. I still believe these protesters may wind up being connected to a squashed march to the Superintendent of Schools about 10 days ago. No one from the protesters were allowed to meet with any school official. They wanted KJ’s sister to walk with the graduates and receive the diploma Kindrick would have accepted.
    I went there in 1967 as a freshman and the school, the town, the people have always been in a great partnership with Moody Air Base. Now I wonder if BO will use his CIC title to make the service members of Moody say, “Move on. Nothing to see here.” The president of VSU made a tepid statement about student’s 1st amendment rights and other than that, there has been a total blackout on the U’s part all weekend. The future of VSU is dancing fast on a suspended wire; there are no good moves for them at this point,

20. georgiafl says:

Flags they should be stomping on are CURRENT Islamic slave holding countries, like Saudi Arabia. Boko Haram, ISIS and other Islamists are CURRENTLY practicing slavery and human trafficking – even in the USA.

21. georgiafl says:

One of the young blacks behind this is a sociology major…so it is possible the protest is being incited by a local guy, Mark Patrick George, former adjunct faculty ‘applied’ sociology lecturer who was fired by a previous VSU President for being a clear and present danger to VSU. George is connected to SCLC and is a dedicated agitator.

One of the protestors, Eric Sheppard, is a sociology major, so it is possible George is behind this.

22. w4rbler says:

it seems that when you’re a “conservative,” it’s not acceptable to use our flag as a symbol in a protest – but it’s fine to use it as a prop for a nude photo shoot in Playboy, with the flag dragging on the ground, as former SSGT Manhart did.

23. georgiafl says:

On the positive side, Lake Park, GA will fly the city’s US flag at half-staff for 3 days to support Michelle Manhart for her efforts to stop the desecration of the US flag at VSU.

24. skeptiktank says:

Since the flag was laying on the ground, and not in anyone’s hand, it didn’t belong to anyone. She had as much right to claim it as anyone else. If someone else was willing to identify themselves, and claim it belonged to them, then it would become a legal matter. Until then…It’s hers…she found it.

25. AdukeLAXobserver says:

Link to interview Manhart gave to local radio station.

26. Scott Adams says:

The video of a patriot picking up a flag like the young woman did, is disturbing. I could not be more proud of her! Michelle Manhart deserves recognition. In a day in age where patriotism isn’t even taught, she is teaching us what it is to be a proud American. Obama give her a medal of honor. Thank you Michelle!

27. Harold Cash says:

What did our Flag do to be put on the ground and to be degraded like it has been done by College students that are going to School here in America and at our County’s Dime Really I slut the Women who stude up for Our Flag and went to go pick it up off the ground that it should’ve never been on in the first place Thank you from one American to another now you can protest about anything in this County the flag you were stepping on gave you that right DING DING !!YOUR protesting OVER A DRUG DEALER THAT HAS SOLD DRUGS ON THE VERY STREETS YOU LIVE ON THIS PERSON SHOULD BE TRYED AS A KILLER BECAUSE HE COULDVE SOLD ONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS THAT LAST DOSE OF HERION THAT KILLED THIM WHO WOULD YOU CALL THEN THE VERY SAME POLICE OFFICERS WHO YOU SAY ARE HURTING ARE KILLING YOUG BLACK PEOPLE IN YOUR CITY LOOK AROUND YOU THERE ARE MORE DRUG DEALERS THEN COPS PROTEST AGAINST THEM TO LEAVE AND TO STOP SELLING THAT CRAP ON YOUR STREETS AND YOU GO TO COLLAGE TO LEARN WHAT THINGS THAT MAKE YOU SAY WTF!!!!