April 18th 2015 – This first picture is what was going on at Valdosta “State” University ( VSU) for 3 days:

Valdosta State University

The campus refused to do anything about it […] So we decided to get the flag and give it the respect it deserved.  We just wanted to remove it and dispose of it properly.

The American flag represents our Freedom why would you want to walk on that? I wonder if “Donors” of VSU are ok with this blatant disrespect of the flag.

valdosta state university 2

(link)

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, A New America, Agitprop, Anti-White Intifada, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Christian Values, Conspiracy ?, Cultural Marxism, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, Police action, propaganda, Racism, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

200 Responses to Valdosta State University Students Spend Three Days Stomping On U.S. Flag – Veteran Arrested Trying To Remove Flag… (video)

• 1american1st says:

Obama, Holder, Sharpton & the DemonRat Socialist Party

• lou says:

and throw in the spineless jackels big tough cops who being afraid of the blacks attack a white girl for standing up for the law…

these are the men and women who will come after American citizens at a mere nod from the govt elitist…

• Lt.Col. Edward B.Hernandez, USAFR ret. says:

I hope she sues the Campus Police for a million dollars! A womman is supposed to be subdued by female officers! The video shows that there was a very fat woman officer wandering arround watching! She she should call Col. Andy Savage USAF ret. one of the best former JAG’s in the USAF. He’s a lawyer in Charleston and would love to help protect ouf FLAG again!!!

• Berger says:

There is no law or rule that says females must be subdued by female officers. It’s a good idea but not s.o.p. I don’t agree with the mistreatment of the flag but it’s not the cops’ fault. Blame the liberal Supreme Court that ruled desecrating the flag was a protected first amendment right.

• Phooey says:

I’m going to guess it’s to push the boundaries of what they can get away with on that campus, and more generally, to send a good ol’ crotch-grab to the dwindling majority of people who still have some respect for this country, its history, and those who died to protect it.

At this point, I’m all for diverting as many tax dollars as it takes into a Get-the-Hell-Out fund: the aggrieved, the disgruntled, and anyone who just can’t handle being a “victim” any more agree to renounce their U.S. citizenship in exchange for a a $5000 cash “reparation” and a one-way plane ticket to whatever country we have to bribe to take these sorry losers.

• BertDilbert says:

She would have been in a better position if she had a copy of the law with her. Upon nobody coming forward to claim ownership she should have the right to give the flag a proper burial.

If someone came forward to claim ownership she having advised the officers of the law, they should have arrested that person.

• Berger says:

That law was ruled unconstitutional and a violation of first amendment rights. I don’t agree with the court’s decision but cops can’t enforce laws ruled unconstitutional by the courts.

• Tim says:

What is your source? The closest I see is United States v. Eichman and that pertained to certain flag burning convictions but, as far as I can tell, did not state that desecrating the Flag is a first amendment right.

• chewinmule says:

Actually, that was Lincoln’s idea/plan all along. IMHO, they have been taught to “hate themselves” by constantly being reminded of their “blackness”. They hate whites even more because we’ve made them “look at themselves” in the “social” mirror and they have deemed that “racist”.

• Sharon says:

Because it’s ok with those in authority.

• skeptiktank says:

Exactly! Don’t they have admin at VS? Has anyone asked them about this?

• peachteachr says:

They do not have an admin problem although the president did tell them last month that he was leaving in July. It was quite unexpected. This is trending on my facebook news feed and made The Drudge Report. We don’t know who the protesters are b/c the campus police didn’t get ID even though they asked.
          I think they are in crisis mode right now. Moody Air Base has ALWAYS been a strong partner with VSU. I just wonder if the protesters are part of the group with the Kendrick Johnson family. There was a dust up with Kendrick protesters about 10 days ago. VSU has been totally silent since this broke after SD’s post.

• doodahdaze says:

They hate white people.

• peachteachr says:

My university and it breaks my heart. The protesters would not provide ID to VSU police and this female vet is now prohibited from ever stepping on campus again including sporting events and concerts.
        Valdosta is the home of Moody Air Base. I was there during the late 60’s and the relationship with the base was so strong that there were never even any marches against the Viet Nam War.
        It was just 10 days ago that the public education system refused to accept letters from protesters in the Kendrick Johnson matter. They want his sister to be allowed to “walk” with this graduating class to accept his diploma posthumously. They said NO.

• doodahdaze says:

I was surprised to see this go on in Valdosta. Expel the bums.

• Patriot of the US says:

Those of allowed to continue to show this disgrace to the American flag on American grounds should be given walkin papers to leave the US and never return. Those students would not have the freedoms they do in the US. Obviously they are unhappy in the US so they should not be here to disrupt our schools or any other public place. The American is a representation of our freedoms. Let the go to another country and stomp on their flag and see how long they are alive. I agree expel them and deport them to another state. The school should be boycotted to continue these practices.

1. cohibadad says:

God bless that lady. Brave woman willing to stand up for what is right. College students are just so deluded.

2. 1american1st says:

What in the Hell is going on in this country? Especially with blacks? If they don’t like it here there are planes leaving every day. Sickening!
    We can thank Obama, Holder, Sharpton & the DemonRat Socialist Party for every bit of this! Every bit!
    My blood is boiling!

• Sharon says:

They have no intention of leaving. They intend to see this nation fundamentally transformed – which is what their mascot promised them.

• doodahdaze says:

When you elect a radical communist revolutionary to the White House twice this is what you will get.

• 1american1st says:

I think this what you get when you elect any Democrat. We need to get them out of city, county, state & Federal government(s) and for God’s sake, OUT OF OUR COLLEGES!

• lou says:

I don’t care what is up with blacks but I do care that the law is the law and no one claimed that flag when it was on the ground being stomped on and desecrated and yet the woman who did the right thing gets hauled away……

• Berger says:

The law was ruled unconstitutional and desecrating the flag is a protcted first amendment right by the Supreme Court. Cops can’t enforce laws that are ruled unconstitutional even if the laws remain on the books.

• bleep21k says:

1american1st – As a “black” man living and raising a family in this country, that has lived on two continents, served this country, and LOVES living here – I contend that: WE all are responsible for the current condition of fear; distrust in our government as well as our fellow human beings; despair at witnessing the decline and potential destruction of the most powerful nation on this planet; and living with these circumstances, a madness is settling in and taking over.

This is what’s “…going on in this country…”.

I do blame this current administration, as well our current congress overall, neither republican, democrat, libertarian, or independent is without guilt, and furthermore, I also must hold myself accountable.

IF I had to propose some “solutions”…?

First – The Media (both mainstream and conservative), MUST stop these “Editorialized Narratives” – seems that coverage of ANY story starts with either a conjecture or worse a personal opinion, and ends the same way, on BOTH sides (liberal and conservative).

Second – WE ALL forget, and there are those that don’t realize, the LAW of our Land is the Constitution, specifically the Bill of Rights. IT covers EVERYONE!! Yet all I see now, daily, is an ever growing Police State.

The difficulty I am struggling with personally right now- fighting this behemoth known as “Media”, and the “sacrifices” that are to be expected from any patriot – including incarceration and perhaps even death that I foresee the minute I step up and say “enough” to THIS government.

It would be much easier IF I knew there are those of similar ilk, that I can depend on out there – black OR white, Christian, Jew or gentile.

• Lordchamp says:

You hit the nail on the head.

I would be proud to stand by your side and have your back because I have no doubt you would have mine.

There are many of us out there but unfortunately we are still that way to silent silent majority. We’re silent because we hate violence and confrontation and just want to be left alone to live our lives in peace with the liberty and freedom afforded us by our Founding Documents.

Unfortunately, we will never be left alone. That’s not human nature. Peace will never last as long as two humans are still alive. One will eventually try to rule the other. It’s who we are.

That is what we have forgotten and so allowed ourselves to be lulled to sleep and into our silence.

You are correct. We are ALL at fault for this.

Do keep in mind though that the first time we fought for our freedom and liberty from a tyrant, there were only approximately 3% actively involved in the fight. Others supported them but that small percentage carried the day against, at the time, the most powerful army in the world.

The point is that it really takes a very small percentage of the people to affect HUGE changes. Look at what’s happening today is you need another example. We’re literally being “transformed” by a group that is around 1-2% or the population.

I refuse to accept that we are lost and can’t return our Country to it’s founding principles and standards. Yes, the path is difficult and long but what are the alternatives? Tyranny? Socialism? Fascism? All of these and more?

We each have to just step out and in faith believe that there will be someone there that has our back.

When enough Constitution loving people take that step, America will be reborn again according to her roots.

Regardless of what this woman did in her past and what her motivations were, she took that step. How many of us would have been so bold? That is a real question.

Are we that bold? Or are we still asleep?

• Jett Black says:

Amen, Brother! And by Brother, I mean the real brotherhood in arms for our Constitution and freedom!

3. littlelaughters says:

Leave the USA and see if any other country will tolerate your behavior! See if they will allow you to desecrate THEIR FLAG!!!

4. Stormy says:

Watching this made me feel sick to my stomach. 😦

5. Piggs says:

Well, what happened to the flag?

6. AdukeLAXobserver says:

Some of those students don’t respect this country and those that died for it at all. With any luck the flag stoppers will get jacked up by the local elements that prey upon university students.

• peachteachr says:

Aduke, there is no proof that they are VSU students. The campus police asked for their ID and they refused to provide any. Who knows where they came from? Maybe the FTP or some other professional protesters.

• 1american1st says:

FTP = Fk The Protestors!

• JB from SoCal says:

The University should invoke their No Trespassing right. Show ID/ proof or GTFO. I hope VSU gets bombarded by bad press, angry alumni and donors, and put pressure on their weak-kneed Admin. But I do feel your pain, peachteachr.
        Current Pres. needs to stand up and enforce “No Trespassing” accompanied by a lifetime ban. Otherwise, they’re risking an angry counterprotest that would bring them even more ugly PR problems.

• GREGORY HUGGINS says:

SO WHO IS THE FOOL ? VSU, THAT UNIVERSITY IS A DISGRACE TO THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dixie says:

Apparently the campus security or police don’t respect it either. They need to find a job in some other country.

• TeddyOn20th says:

I’m a big Chicago Cubs fan. I remember reading about a game with the Dodgers in LA in which some protestors of some kind ran on to the field to set a flag on fire and Cubs outfielder Rick Monday tackled them when he saw what they were going to do. Even the opposing fans stood up and cheered. I remember as a kid thinking, ‘wouldn’t the fans of that counterculture era have booed him?’, but they cheered.

What would happen in that situation today? I’m betting that the protestor-tackling outfielder would have been suspended from his team and would have made a public apology.

7. Guilty says:

This actually made me cry. Does anyone know why they were walking on the flag in the first place? Not that any reason would be justification.

8. lovemygirl says:

Take away all their government grants.

• Meyer says:

That’s a good one, lovemygirl!

However in all seriousness, revoking govt. grants fits the crime.

• lou says:

Valdaosta is in Indiana isn’t it?…isn’t Indiana a pub state?…why can’t the state legislators make this a big issue?…..

• thefirstab says:

If there are actual VSU students involved in this, they should at least have their education funding threatened to be stopped.
        pell grants, Hope scholarships, low-interest loans, all provided by the gov’t – at taxpayer expense, and represented by that flag they are disrespecting. They know all about dissing, I don’t think they could plead ignorance, but they’ll likely try.
        I would also be interested in whether a faculty member put them up to this (if they are students),

• doodahdaze says:

Round em up and deport them to North Korea. Strip their citizenship and kick em out.

• Dixie says:

Take away all the give-aways paid for by the taxpayers of this great country they so despise.

9. No Agenda says:

We have under two years to go…We will get through this 🙂

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Yeah,

but

will they?

• 1american1st says:

EVERY DAY is another nightmare under the Terrorist in the White Mosque. Obama is the worst thing that has happened to America since…well, probably EVER!

• lou says:

we are NOT going to get “thru” this……its done….pretty much done…we’re DONE!……why do people think that things can be undone?…

people voted for this hell were living in under the Kenyan muslim…….probably some right here….

• Kitty Smith says:

I agree. We’re not going to recover from this. The Republicans are much too weak and too fearful of the media. They’re spineless, gutless, nauseating jellyfish. The ONLY means we have of recovering this nation from these greedy, vicious America-haters, elitists, invaders, commies and anti-white racists is to stop being so damn “fair” and “compassionate” and “giving”, quit turning the other cheek, get it on with a bloody revolution and blow their shit away.

10. Eskie Mom says:

Someone on FR posted a very simple reply- I’ve forgotten to what- “Shoot, shovel, shut up.”
    God Help me, I agree.

We are at war on multiple fronts; insurgencies, invasion, pogroms (how are the repeated targetings of Whites & Jews not “pogroms”?). Does it make it “okay” because our own government is in league with these enemy combatants? Do we just sit by, helplessly or sunk in chagrin & apathy, while our country is overthrown & destroyed?

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Strange bed fellows.

The Jews are with the Progressives.

They only have themselves to blame.

• Eskie Mom says:

Not all Jews. I monitor one of the lefty forums & can’t believe the vicious things they say- especially about PM Netanyahu & Israel. I suspect (I hope!) some eyes will be opening soon.

• JB from SoCal says:

I’m with you, Eskie Mom. I get email from Salon (far left) and Newsmax (far right) and it’s so predictable: Pick any topic – mostly political – and they’ll take exact polar opposite positions, complete with documented sources.
          Only in the USA . . . and oh yeah, Israel . . . do you see this free-thinking spirit!

• JB from SoCal says:

“The” Jews? Really? Shouldn’t that be “Some” Jews? As in “some” Catholics, Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, Hindu, etc . . . or “some” blacks, Asians, Latinos, Indians, etc

Otherwise, you make it seem as though you meant to say ALL Jews are . . . blah, blah, blah. You surely didn’t mean to imply that, right? I could see it if you said, “Some liberal” Jews, or “A lot of liberal Jews,” or non-observant, Reform, etc.

“The” Jews makes it all-inclusive. Get the picture? Especially hurtful is your: “They only have themselves to blame.”

I am none of the above, but as a follower of your posts here, I would like to see you make that one small change, please.

It’s a beautiful, sunny day here in my neck of the woods, and I hope you are having a wonderful day as well!

Thanks.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Whenever I mentioned a group,

the majority opinion or action,

is the focus, no every last one.

It takes a thick skin to follow me,

upon occasion, as you may attest.

Strange bed fellow.

• Justice_099 says:

JB, please take this criticism with the utmost respect.

I never ask anyone on this site (or any site) if they are a Jew, gay/straight, black/white, man/woman, or purple (or green like me.) I simply don’t care. It is their love for this country and the principles that it was founded on that matter to me. I don’t even care if they are Muslim as long as they love this country and are willing to defend it. Their character and moral fiber is all that I care about when interacting with another.

For me (I only speak for me) I reject ALL forms of collectivism. The knee-jerk reaction to comments like this disgusts me. To me (and again I only speak for me) it is on par with blacks pulling the race card whenever an uncomfortable fact is presented. To me, it is no different. And it disgusts me.

It is a fact that the majority of Jews in America support the left. It’s just a fact. No less than it is a fact that blacks make up the majority of violent criminals in the U.S. Why accuse antisemitism for pointing it out?

I do not believe in the concept that ‘some animals are more equal than others.’ Let the facts stand as they are. There is no need for this type of attack.

For every million Muslims that are terrorists there ARE a portion that denounce it and are willing to die to stop it. For every million feminazis there are portion of women that denounce it and spend their days trying to counter those misandrists.

It is collectivism to immediately demand that one must clarify that when they make a statement of fact that they MUST specifically say it is not all. Nobody here makes that demand of anyone when talking about gays, muslims, or blacks. We all just know that they don’t mean every single one. Why must they if they mention Jews? Does it REALLY need to be clarified? Why detract from the point in an effort to force the person to defend something they didn’t even say? How is that different than snuffing out a conversation by calling someone a racist? To me, reactions like this are no different than the race card. It is counterproductive to a decent discussion.

I have no hatred for Jews. And calling me an anti-Semite for my opinion on this will only further prove my point. Discuss the facts. If the facts are wrong, then argue that. Don’t ask people defend something they didn’t even say just to obscure an uncomfortable fact. I’d like to think that we are ALL against that here.

I respectfully ask that this behavior stop. Nobody should have to feel like they need to walk on eggshells about any subject here. Argue on the merits of what one says, not on what they didn’t say.

Thank you.

• Moishe Pipik says:

There are plenty of Jews here, and Jews who aren’t lefties. And even left-leaning Jews, who foolishly support “bleeding heart” causes like fixing income inequality, and affirmative action, would be horrified by this site.

• Dixie says:

The stupid protestors are just that – stupid. I have more of a problem with manhandling a vet who was trying to protect the flag and the way she was treated as a criminal. The campus security or police need to be reprimanded and fired. They picked on the wrong side. This is splodey-head stuff.

11. Lordchamp says:

We’re supposed to respect LEO when they stand there and let this happen?

That woman should never have had to pick that flag up. The LEO present should have already done it and stopped it from being desecrated.

Yet another sign of just which side LEO is truly on and it saddens me to say it, it is not the side of good and right. Regardless of whose “property” the flag was they should have done the RIGHT thing and stopped what was going on.

I frankly don’t care if there are laws, rules, or whatever that might stop LEO from intervening. It was the RIGHT THING TO DO and they should have done it regardless of the consequences. Their actions OR INACTIONS show which side they are on.

My respect for LEO gets reduced every day it seems.

Unfortunately too, it’s going to take more and more of us to stand up and do just what this woman did to protect the things that made this Country great to begin with. It certainly wasn’t the kinds of actions shown by those young useful idiots spewing crap about slavery that they were never involved in nor were any of their direct descendents.

What they are apparently too stupid to understand is that they are currently placing themselves in voluntary slavery by failing to think for themselves. How ironic is that.

They mouth about slavery but submit willingly to it and disrespect the symbol of the Country that could actually save them from it if they only supported the Constitution as it was written. Useful idiots all.

This is not going to end well and it breaks my heart.

12. czarowniczy says:

Can’t wait to see the charges the DA will file – if s/he does. ‘You are charged with violating the 1st Amendment rights of a bunch of slackers you fought to defend. The court will now pause for ten minutes so that we can all appreciate the irony of it all.”
    This is a job for Suuuuuper Holder – he can swoop in and persecute….errr,… ‘prosecute’….in Federal court, assessing damages for the violation of the injured parties’ civil rights to insult the Constitution that guarantees them the right to be asses and is symbolic of the country that will most likely end up eating their student loans.

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

No one is pressing charges. And frankly Valdosta doesn’t need any more bad press. It’s in Valdosta and VSU best interest to make this go away. Also the outgoing VSU president really needs to think about making sure no more flag stomping occurs. Moody Air Force Base is around 10 miles away and there is many ex military here. Also the spotlight in now on VSU. This could bring in counter protestors. Last thing the current VSU president needs is more incidents marring his last days in office.

• czarowniczy says:

My ‘can’t wait to see’ was more snarky than curious – I can’t see a DA who values reelection pressing any charges. The ‘desecrating the flag’ laws were more of a knee jerk response to public flag destruction and the issue’s pretty well been stomped to death by the Supreme Court so I don’t see the Feds trying to enforce their own law. It’s not like they were publicly desecrating the Pan-African flag – that would be a hate crime.

• ackbarsays says:

I was unaware that there were things going on at Valdosta State. It’s actually a school I was considering for my son to attend, since they give in-state tuition to Florida residents now. He wants to play football in college and VSU has a good program.

• Les says:

Please write to the college president and tell him that.

President William J McKinney
          1500 N. Patterson St.
          Valdosta, GA 31698

• Les says:

“President McKinney has established the clear vision that Valdosta State will be the premier university in the United States that educates its students equally well for the world of work and the responsibilities of citizenship. ”

Fail.

• Les says:

Nevermind, this is his wife:

He is married to Dr. Dacia Charlesworth. A noted teacher and scholar, Charlesworth previously served as associate professor of Communication at IPFW, associate professor and University Honors Program Director at Robert Morris University, and the Oral Communication Across the Curriculum Program Director at Southeast Missouri State University. Her research topics include rhetorical and performative intersections of gender, ethnicity and class, communication across the curriculum, and outcomes assessment. She has authored more than 80 articles, book chapters, conference papers, and performances. Her work has been published in Women’s Studies in Communication, Women & Language, Communication Teacher, Feminist Media Studies, and Vital Speeches of the Day.

They are leaving in July. He is “stepping down,” not sure why.

• Dixie says:

I hope they descend on Valdosta like locusts.

• Stormy says:

… a plague of sorts… 😉

• peachteachr says:

I’m going to wish with you. It appears that PC is in complete control at VSUland but quite out of fashion with the people they serve. I also don’t think that this is a resume enhancer for the departing president.

• lou says:

it would be a great b ig deal if a bunch of veterans took a flag and marched in that same area, carrying signs, daring the stinking popo to come and stop them, when they allowed the abeeds to do it without worry….

anybody in that area…it would only take a dozen or so….maybe get some of those motorcycle type veterans…….

• Lordchamp says:

This is what it’s going to take. Stand up to these punks.

If it come to confrontation then make sure they lose.

They are nothing but bullies because we conservatives always back down and they know it. We don’t like violence or confrontation and that has to stop. That is ALL these types understand unfortunately.

We stand up and if they force us to act DEFENSIVELY, then we do and we be sure to win. They will stop then. They only pursue this crap because no one forces them to stop.

I for one and sick of it and totally fed up. This is NOT the Country I want my grandkids to grow up in.

• mscynlynn says:

Rolling Thunder Georgia – 3 provides escort for military members killed in action, raise funds for POW/MIA awareness and visit veterans homes, etc. I wonder if they will react to this….

13. Justice_099 says:

I have mixed feelings about this. The patriot in me salutes these brave veterans. But the law and order conservative in me has a problem with the way they handled it.

She should have handed the flag over to the cop and filed a grievance (though sadly, it would go ignored) and failing that, she should not have resisted arrest. Unfortunately it focused all the attention on her and was unlikely to garner any sympathy from the police.

Please know it disgusts me what these protesters were doing. But what I feel might have worked better would be to hand over the flag to the officer to let them settle the dispute. If the black girl wouldn’t let the cop have it after that, then she would have gotten all of the attention. She forced them to settle it the way they did. And on those simple property terms, the flag did belong to these thugs.

If the officers did just give it back to the protesters, then grill the cops asking them why they are standing by watching the protesters break the law by stomping on the flag.

In other words, let THEM break the law and get the attention of the officers.

But that patriot (and cynic) in me knows it wouldn’t have gone that way. 😦

• joshua says:

the “protestors” were NOT students, had NO ID, and refused to tell the LEO who they represented or show any ID at all…..so who is the culprit except the UVA administration as a bunch of anti-American cowards…..It must be because the lady is WHITE and all the students and protestors are BLACK RACISTS maybe….cannot come to any other conclusion

• EnterTheDragon says:

It is illegal not to identify yourself to LEO when asked. Always. The 4th amendment is being shattered.

Stop and identify Georgia statute

Under 16-11-36. Loitering or prowling

(a) A person commits the offense of loitering or prowling when he is in a place at a time or in a manner not usual for law-abiding individuals under circumstances that warrant a justifiable and reasonable alarm or immediate concern for the safety of persons or property in the vicinity.

(b) Among the circumstances which may be considered in determining whether alarm is warranted is the fact that the person takes flight upon the appearance of a law enforcement officer, refuses to identify himself, or manifestly endeavors to conceal himself or any object. Unless flight by the person or other circumstances make it impracticable, a law enforcement officer shall, prior to any arrest for an offense under this Code section, afford the person an opportunity to dispel any alarm or immediate concern which would otherwise be warranted by requesting the person to identify himself and explain his presence and conduct. No person shall be convicted of an offense under this Code section if the law enforcement officer failed to comply with the foregoing procedure or if it appears at trial that the explanation given by the person was true and would have dispelled the alarm or immediate concern.

• ackbarsays says:

You can’t really accuse someone of “loitering” in the middle of a public university campus in the middle of the day. Trespassing, maybe, if they’ve been told to leave, but not loitering, which requires (based on your definition above) that they be “in a place at a time or in a manner not usual for law-abiding individuals.”

• Joe Mama says:

“It is illegal not to identify yourself to LEO when asked when the LEO has reasonable suspicion that a crime has been or is about to be committed.”

Fixed it.

• TeddyOn20th says:

An important distinction to keep in mind is that “identifying oneself” can be done verbally and there is no obligation to carry any papers.

• lou says:

do not make the mistake that doing the technically “right” thing or the “legal” thing means anything to these cretins….there is a time to behave like scared little children and then there’s a time to take a stand…..

• Justice_099 says:

What she did, was unfortunately counterproductive.

What did it result in? She was arrested and the protesters continued to trample on the flag. So what did it accomplish?

My point is that there were obviously smarter ways to handle it. She technically did take the flag from the protestors. It did not belong to her. And the way she handled it gave the police that easy ‘out’ to resolve the situation. She drew the attention to herself and her own disobedience rather than attempting to allow the police to settle it.

She knew she had taken disputed property and she knew on very ‘simple terms’ that was not going to go well for her.

Now, I am not naive enough to think that the cops would have settled it in her favor. But ultimately, she accomplished nothing. Whether I agree with her position or not, it looked like a temper tantrum and forced the officers to respond to the tantrum instead of the issue at hand.

There is a time to let the bad look bad for all to see instead of making yourself look worse.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Point well taken.

However, perhaps she accomplished the goal

of letting “all to see” on a national scale,

through her intervention.

The VSU funders may vote with their wallet,

as a result of her published, wrong actions.

True, two wrongs do not make a right.

• lilbirdee'12 says:

“…But ultimately, she accomplished nothing.” I DISAGREE. By her actions, she has ALOT of people talking ! When I found this video Saturday morning, there were about 3,000 views (iirc) and now…..3.5 Million views as of 1 pm today ! I would say she accomplished something.

• Lordchamp says:

I would assume that those 3.5 million had some interest in this topic.

Most likely in opposition to this treatment of our flag. Again, I’m also assuming most were upset to at least some extent by these actions. Yes, that is an assumption so take it for what it’s worth.

There are many more that have not seen the video but would be upset by it thereby increasing that percentage drastically I believe.

My point though is that 3.5 million is between 1-2% of the nation. Approximately 3% actively fought England in the first American Revolution and won.

As those figures show, there is a very powerful force out there waiting to take action. What’s it going to take to cause those people to get moving? Could something like this be that catalyst? It’s possible.

Then what would she have accomplished?

The actions of a single person can have tremendous effects in the ever widening ripples of history.

14. Judgy says:

Wait, they did it for THREE DAYS??? Coming back there every day; maybe stomping in shifts? Had someone tried to explain to the concept of a J-O-B to these vile imbeciles, and they moronically thought that doing this might count as one?

They are disgusting. Isn’t it funny how the type of crowd who lives to accuse others of disrespect, are the FIRST to fail to show respect to others?

Maybe they’ll simply never “get it”.

Right now though, I have HAD IT with all of the irritating, self-righteous demonstrators; with entitled, angry & violent protestors, and all of the other misguided idiots who romanticize the chaos of the Sixties, and who think that bringing ’em back is a SWELL idea!

Forget closing down Wal-Marts–I’m hoping they’ll have to shut down every college we have, except for the quiet little religious ones whose students would never DREAM of acting like that!

All the rest of the jerky “kids” can come back when they can explain where the money for EBT cards, etc. comes from, or when they turn 40–whichever comes first!

(I’m not holding my breath……..). only half sarc/ 😉

• Stormy says:

I wonder how much they were getting paid to protest… and by whom…?

• Joann says:

They are doing it for free. How much are we getting paid to take bull from this country?? I support EJ and people need to realize that racism is a problem. This is the same town that allowed Kenderick Johnson to get killed at school.

• thefirstab says:

” Isn’t it funny how the type of crowd who lives to accuse others of disrespect, are the FIRST to fail to show respect to others?”
      In a nutshell.
      I will be notifying some media for our local Vet bikers’ clubs, and an associate who is admin for our local military installation’s website.If they don’t know already, which they should.

15. georgiafl says:

Disowning my Alma Mater. (other Alma Mater, UGA, better watch out)

16. georgiafl says:

These kids ought to be shipped off to Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran or Venezuela until they are ready to become good Americans.

17. Nation says:

The US Supreme Court held in US v Eichman (1990) that 18 U.S.C. 700 is unconstitutional. So the black students did not break the law when they trampled on the flag for three days.

I blame Congress and the bureaucrats for not removing the statute from the books twenty-five years ago. Leaving the statute on the books invites these kind of confrontations, because people read 18 U.S.C. 700 and think they have a right to intervene when people disrespect the flag.

18. chiavarm says:

I understand the anger at the College and the College student, but WHY are these police officers SO ignorant of the LAW?

• David says:

The police officers did the right thing. The laws for flag desecration are unconstitutional and protected by the 1st amendment.

• Lordchamp says:

So says who? Do you agree with that? I don’t and neither do many others.

Mainly though, that is not within the enumerated powers of the federal government to determine that. Read the Constitution and you will not find anywhere that they have the Constitutionally enumerated power to rule on an issue such as this. They merely have TAKEN this power and we’ve let them.

This is one of the many areas that has been “interpreted” by lawyers and politicians to take power away from the States and concentrate it in the fed where the Founders never intended for it to be.

That power is retained by the States. They should be using it and will if we demand it.

• David says:

The supreme court says so.

The states do NOT have the right to ignore the constitution they are bound by it and must follow it.

The federal government in the case of flag desecration laws hasn’t taken any powers from the states the supreme court has ruled it unconstitutional. If you or anyone else doesn’t like that then pass a constitutional amendment that outlaws flag desecration.

• Lordchamp says:

Not sure what Constitution you are talking about but it’s not ours. Please remember ignorance is curable with knowledge. I provide this information for your knowledge but encourage you to read and study for yourself. Don’t take mine or anyone’s word for things this important.

This is a bit long by please take the 5 minutes it might take to read it if you are truly interested in the truth of the Constitution in the Founders own words.

I will state I take the Constitution as it is written since it was written for the common man to understand. Not as “interpreted” by those with an agenda which is normally to have control over others, not to provide individual freedom and liberty which was the intent of the Founders.

The people through the States created the federal government so how can the federal government be the greater than it’s creator unless we choose to allow it? Alexander Hamilton ever stated this in the Federalist Paper No. 33 where he said:

“If the federal government should overpass the just bounds of its authority and make a tyrannical use of its powers, the people, whose CREATURE it is, must appeal to the standard [the Constitution] they have formed,…” So if one of the writers thinks we are the creators of the federal government who are we to dispute it?

So, if the federal government is OUR creature, that means logically we are the creator, which gives us total power over the creature IF we choose to use it.

Government, any government, can only have power through the CONSENT of the governed. If we choose to remove that consent then the government becomes powerless. Yes, they can use force and at some point ALL governments resort to force in some form. However, history is replete with instances where eventually the people will win out and the government will fail if that is what the people, the governed want.

So just because a group of black robed people tell us the sky is pink does not make it so.

If you go and read the Constitution word for word, it pretty short actually, you will see and understand that the supreme court has no jurisdiction in matters such as this. It is not one of the enumerated powers of the judicial branch. They have merely assumed that power and we have let them. According to the Constitution, the people THROUGH the States retain the final authority.

Art. III §2, U.S. Constitution, lists the cases which federal courts are permitted to hear. It’s a VERY small enumerated list.

Again, quoting Alexander Hamilton, he wrote in Federalist No. 83, 8th para:

…the judicial authority of the federal judicatures is declared by the Constitution to comprehend certain cases particularly specified. The expression of those cases marks the precise limits beyond which the federal courts cannot extend their jurisdiction, because the objects of their cognizance being enumerated, the specification would be nugatory if it did not exclude all ideas of more extensive authority.

So bottom line is that the supreme court has overstepped it authority and has no jurisdiction to rule in these areas.

The Constitution is are restriction on the federal government NOT US. It has been twisted by politicians for THEIR purposes which is most definitely NOT to give US more freedom and liberty.

When you look at the Founding Documents in the light of how the Founders intended them to be applied it totally changes what most of us have been taught. When you understand their total focus was on individual freedom and liberty that does not jive with current interpretations at all.

Go read the Founders own words, especially the Federalist Papers which were written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay. Three major figures in the writing of the Constitution. If THEY don’t know what they meant then who does?

19. Socrates says:

All the more reason to buy ammo and get ready. I would imagine that bho would give them a thumbs up for stomping on the flag but would get upset if it was the flag of ISIS

20. Pat B. says:

Who’s paying these idiots?

21. Ursula says:

I will be calling the University Monday morning to let them know they are idiots to allow this behavior.

• Justice_099 says:

Something tells me that get told that a lot. People like this are entirely impervious to it.

They still believe that the majority of the people in the country support their liberal causes regardless of poll after poll after poll showing the exact opposite.

• Justice_099 says:

On that note, I recall a liberal coworker of mine years ago. When we would get into a disagreement about politics and I was hammering him with facts, his response was ALWAYS to try to pull more people into the argument to support his factless positions in an attempt to bully me into submission. In HIS mind he was right as long as long as he could get one other person to agree with him over the single me.

The facts just didn’t matter.

• ackbarsays says:

This university has shrinking enrollment already. The president recently announced that they are now accepting students from South Carolina, Alabama and Florida with IN STATE TUITION in en effort to bump up their numbers.

22. lorac says:

This is why blacks are getting such a bad rap. Those that walked on the American flag broke the law and should have be charge for the crime. I just love how the black guy goes on about niggers and the hood. The blacks have definitely brought themselves back 200 years by the way they act. I simply don’t trust them at all…call me racist but when they commit the most crimes in this country they need to a cold hard look at themselves. I have come to the opinion that they don’t want to better themselves as human beings they are content to just live off of the working taxpayers and constantly throw the race card when things don’t go there way. As for those cops they are a disgrace to the uniform that they are wearing.

• JB from SoCal says:

Hi Ca . . . oops! sorry, I mean, lorac! How are you? Long time no see, even though your “looks” have changed a bit [inside joke, heh heh].

You hit the nail squarely on the hood, err, I mean the head! Today MLK would be shouted down, don’t you think. Too much of the “snitches get stitches” mentality to ever progress or evolve in any way.
      * * * * *
      Once upon a time during the GZ Era you asked me where I lived here in SoCal – near you maybe?
      Anyway look at the triangle formed by the 5, the 22, and the 55. That’s me, in there somewhere. And you – the OC or?

Hugs and kisses to you and the ladies from Toronto, Berkeley and Arkansas. Sigh . . . we were like family. Please pass it on.

• lorac says:

Hi JB! There are two loracs on this site. You’re thinking of me 🙂 I’m south of you. Hope all is well!

• JB from SoCal says:

Hi TheRealLorac,
          Oh yeah, OK,now I recognize you – how could I forget! Funny about that, but I found that I agreed with your posts 100% of the time, both here & there, no matter the topic.
          Oh, and I forgot to mention (above) Berkeley’s own, Cassandra. Please pass along greetings to her as well.
          Yes, I’m good and hope you and yours are as well. Take care, dear lorac. Wave to me if you spot me sometime on the 5 Freeway and I’ll do the same, OK?

• Justice_099 says:

Well, notice the race of the majority of the responding police. Mainly blacks and a hispanic that still had an accent.

And a little white guy among them.

What did you expect?

• ackbarsays says:

They were not breaking the law. I totally understand her being angry, but the cops were just doing their jobs. As much as I hate it, the idiots have a right to protest and desecrate the flag (at least until we get a Supreme Court that comes to its senses or a Congress that finally passes the flag protection amendment).

• Lordchamp says:

Actually that is exactly what they want us to believe and have brainwashed us to believe. That they are just doing their jobs.

Do you agree with how they are doing their jobs?

Do you think they are abiding by the Constitution as it was written NOT how it has been interpreted?

If you answered no to either of those questions then, NO, they are NOT doing their jobs.

Remember the LEO are SUPPOSED to work for us. The law is what we ACCEPT that it is according to the Constitution. Law and government only exists because of our CONSENT.

They take an oath to support and defend the Constitution NOT some group of black robed political appointees.

The desecration of the symbol of Our Country does not to me show support of the Constitution and so they should have stopped it no matter what people in black robes say.

The truth is, that is what our form of government, a Constitutional Republic does, it sets checks and balances and WE The People are the final check and balance.

At the individual community level is where the people through their State governments, which include LEO and others, stop this kind of crap, BUT we must DEMAND that it stop and let them know it is unacceptable and that we do not recognize what the people in black robes say.

That’s the way the system is SUPPOSED to work and the way the Founders intended for it to work.

Yes, it might take some civil disobedience. Yes, there might be some confrontations. So?

Is your freedom and liberty so cheap as to not be worth some inconvenience and discomfort?

Many before us have given the ultimate price for it, should we be willing to give any less?

It’s past time to get mad and stop this attrition of our time honored beliefs and standards.

23. mcfyre2012 says:

I know quite a few Actual-Africans who will gladly trade positions with these disgruntled black ‘utes.

24. rsmith1776 says:

Let’s also look at this another way.

Apparently stomping on a precious flag which means so much to so many people is legal nowadays. OK. It may be disgusting but one could see this as a rather extreme and unsavory example of free speech. Not to mention stompyish, childish, foolish, and Obamaish, but I repeat myself.

In that case, WHY in Heavens’ name is – recorded without his consent – a drunk teenager’s singing a silly ditty, with no black person present, so unforgivable that he has to be expelled from school, tarred and feathered in ways which will follow him for the rest of his life?

How hypocritical can these malicious fools be? Freedom of speech for me but not for thee?

A pox on their glass houses.

25. Lordchamp says:

One big problem here is this is not a representation of most black Americans. When you get out of the universities and big cities, most blacks dislike this crap as much as anyone and many times even more because it makes them look bad too.

Therein is the problem. They are black. These useful idiots are black. It’s guilt by association unfortunately, unless the ones that are not useful idiots stand up and scream LOUDLY that they denounce this type of action. If they don’t, and currently they are not, they will unfortunately be lumped together with those they actually very much disagree with.

It’s human nature, like it or not it will happen. In fact, it already is happening.

Same for LEO. If the good don’t weed out the bad, they ALL will be looked on as bad.

• Justice_099 says:

Unfortunately it’s a lot like we say about Muslims.

An extremist Muslim wants to chop off your head.
      A moderate Muslim wants an extremist to chop of your head.

By standing by quietly doing and saying nothing while these thugs use the collective banner of blackness, they are allowing them to speak for black people. Their silence is interpreted as approval of the message.

I have said about what you have said numerous times that these people do not represent the majority of blacks. But on the same token, those that refuse to stand up and speak out deserve to be lumped in and I have no sympathy when they are.

26. Lordchamp says:

President
    Valdosta State University
    Valdosta, GA 31698-0180
    229-333-5952
    229-333-7400 (Fax)
    president@valdosta.edu

27. JB from SoCal says:

But I wonder if these A-holes are actually “students” there at VSU. I doubt it.

In that case the University has an out. Pull out the T-card ~ for Trespassing. Instruct the Police – campus or VPD – to ascertain if they are students registered there, otherwise have them removed post haste as trespassers, or face arrest. Who needs this kind of PR from outsiders! [see: black citizenry of Norh Charlotte, re: Al Sharpton]]

And those that show ID to prove that they are VPU students will be duly noted and photographed by Campus Police.

Or, if that’s too problematic, surround these chumps with several dozen current airmen and local vets, incl. local bikers, the scarier-looking, the better.

THAT movie, I’d love to see.

Wouldn’t even have to get physical, but some of these protesting fools may need to go home to change their underwear before the day is over.

28. Daniel G. says:

You heard in part of this video why we will never beat or get through to most of these morons. One guy near the camera said several times about the woman prior to being apprehended, “If this was a nigga in the hood, they’d already be arrested.”

They come up with something new every time.

29. kinthenorthwest says:

This is not my America any more.

30. LEE JAN says:

Doesn’t matter if they were students or not. They were on school property and should have been made to obey the rules. Evidently the university has special privileges for certain ‘groups’. Meaning a special welcome for those who hate America.

• JB from SoCal says:

Nah.
      I firmly believe that if they were WHITE protestors, emulating Bill Ayre’s infamous pic of him standing on an American flag, they would be rounded up and removed for overusage of White Privilege, and hauled away. Actually, any trumped-up charge would do in that case, them being white and all.
      I think the U Admin are fraidy-cats, afraid that they might be called Racisss. So the GTFO rules wouldn’t apply to Obama’s chillun, KWIS?

• Justice_099 says:

Imagine for example a group of whites getting together on campus trampling on the US flag to protest the lawlessness of our government and their stance on illegal immigration.

Do you think THAT would be protected speech?

• terry morris says:

could they be connected to a terror group I am concerned about our good young students at school

31. MAS79 says:

So I wonder what would happen if a group of 15-20 people just quietly walked by, talking on phones, texting, etc, and as they pass over the flag one in the middle picks up the flag. They’d be gone before anyone noticed. Or just break and run in a dozen different directions.

32. I’m curious if (MUSLIM) ISIS in homicide vests pulled up at VSU in a FED-EX Truck with RPG’s and AK-47’s and attacked the dorms and severed heads of students who couldn’t recite a passage from the koran or hadith! Would these marxist U.S. Flag Stompers the ones that survive the attack because 101st Screaming Eagles deployed to come in from Ft Benning, GA. 169 miles away on Black Hawks with the US Flag on their right shoulder to come and save their US Flag stomping asses! I wonder if they would feel the same way towards the US Flag? I’m thinking after pissing down both legs they would be kissing the US Flag patch on the 101st Soldier’s shoulder! Oh but since this is the USA for now and not Somalia, Nigeria and Kenya etc. Hell they wouldn’t last a week in northern Nigeria! A lot of men and women have died that took the oath under the US Flag! I wonder if they studied nazism in WWII ? I don’t think us negros were in their plans! I’m just saying….

33. lovely says:

I just remembered the horror and gnashing of teeth that took place when the memorial for Mike Brown, a brutish bully who beat and tried to disarm a police officer, was seen to be disrespected. It is a bloody shame that folks can’t show respect for the American Flag but become incensed when a dirty mound of teddy bears, booze, syrup, and so on, is called a dirty mound of teddy bears, booze, syrup and so on.

Amazing.

• lorac says:

I’d like to ask them which African country, or any country for that matter, do they think they’d have a better life in?

I agree with those who said that they may not be college students there. But then again, all students are being taught that it’s still 1960 and blacks are being oppressed on every front, so who knows….

34. stringplayer55 says:

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court ruled in the 1989 case Texas v. Johnson that laws against desecrating the flag could not be enforced. Subsequently, Congress has tried to pass Federal statutes against flag desecration. But they have been too lilly-livered to ever pass anything into law.

Still, as the Air Force vet said, the U.S. flag belongs to every American citizen. Veteran Manhart should never have been arrested. Because it belongs to every American citizen, she had every right to retrieve the flag from the ground to prevent further desecration. The Valdosta State University police should be ashamed that they did not stand up for the flag and her right to prevent further desecration.

All the officials, from the local police to Congress and the Supreme Court should all hang their heads in shame for this despicable action.

• georgiafl says:

“The flag belongs to every American citizen.”

That goes double for Veterans.
      Triple for Wounded Veterans.
      Quadruple for Disabled Wounded Veterans.
      Ten times for Medal of Honor winners.

Wish some Veterans with lots of medals/tours of duty would descend on VSU campus to educate the administration, faculty and students.

I am ashamed of my Alma Mater.

35. It’s hard to tell from the video, but is this the same Michelle Manhart who was given a really hard time from the military for posing in Playboy?

• georgiafl says:

Looks like her. She has been an actress since she left the military. How did she happen to be in Valdosta? Is this a publicity stunt?

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

Guessing she is probably a active member on pro military forums. Maybe even a Air Force one. As you know Moody Air Base in near by. Someone probably brought it to their attention and she decided to do something about it since no one else would. Publicity stunt or not, it doesn’t really matter. She was willing to go to jail to defend the US flag. Also other people had 2 days to get to Valdosta and steal her thunder. No one did.

• mscynlynn says:

She lives in Valdosta.

36. Pingback: Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove

37. mimbler says:

Yes, I saw in Dailymail that she had posed in playboy. Even if it was a publicity stunt, it was for a far better cause than most!
    Mike

38. ackbarsays says:

I appreciate her desire to protect the flag, but she should be more consistent. She was demoted while serving in the Air Force for posing nude for Playboy, and some of the photos included the American flag. This photo, in particular, appears be be a violation of the same overturned flag code that these protestors were violating. The flag in this photo is being dragged on the ground.

• lilbirdee'12 says:

Ms. Manhart has made the statement that during this shoot that she was aware that the flag would touch the floor and after completely the shoot, the flag was disposed of properly, fwiw.

I read on a local forum that a counter-protest is being planned for next Friday. There is a rumor that the thugs/protestors originally got all mad about one of their buddies being arrested in a drug bust. There is a fb page supporting her, but I have not been able to find it.

• ImpeachEmAll says:

Current actions should eclipse past actions.

39. watcher says:

They are just parroting their mentors. When I returned from Vietnam in 1967, the Army chose of all places to discharge us Oakland California.
    Before I got to SF airport I seen flags, draft cards, and bras burning.
    The people I seen back then are now professors, university presidents, judges, community organizers, lawyers, etc etc.

40. Jett Black says:

Please note, the law is a federal law. While the locals could enforce it, it’s not really their jurisdiction. If any of us see anything like this again, get a copy of the video, identifying the flag desecration perps, forward it to the nearest FBI office with a citizen complaint and copy of the law, requesting the perps’ arrest for desecration. May not get any attention, but then again, it might. Mostly depends on the background of the FBI folks initially involved. It may never get prosecuted by Holder’s minions, but the first round of investigations and arrests (which may turn up other crimes–what’s that skunky smell coming from the apartment, when executing the arrest warrant?) probably won’t involve him or any other political appointee–it’ll be rank and file FBI, many of whom are probably vets.

41. georgiafl says:

Wondering if the protests were stirred up by Mark Patrick George, (currently unemployed?) former adjunct ‘applied sociology’ professor who was fired by a previous VSU President for being a clear and present danger to VSU students? George is connected to SCLC and is a dedicated agitator.

42. MontanaTrace says:

I will not hire a graduate of Valdosta State University.

43. mscynlynn says:

Georgia STATE LAW READS: 50-3-9. It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, or corporation to mutilate, deface, defile, or abuse contemptuously the flag of the United States, the flag, coat of arms, or emblem of the State of Georgia, or the flag or emblem of the Confederate States of America by any act whatever.

44. “[We’re] raising awareness of black nationalism. Where we actually come from, miseducation of America, and the destruction and genocide of our people through that flag,” one African-American student can be heard saying in the video obtained by Campus Reform.”

45. Rodney says:

If you don’t like the flag move
    Very simple go to Yemen

46. Jared says:

that ‘s the problem with our country nobody respects those who have served and died in the defense of our country or for the defensE of people being oppressed throughout the world and why nobody trust police officers or trust the people who have been put into service federally state or local government these police officers should be arrested and thrown in jail. instead of handcuffing this woman they should have been standing up for her and for the privileges and freedom that they have because of that flag they have no right to be arresting her government powers police powers have overstepped their bounds and the power that they have this country is no longer free

47. Pingback: ISIS Flag in Baltimore » Today's America