Marco Rubio Announces Presidential Bid….

Florida Senator Marco Rubio has announced his official entry into the 2016 Presidential race.

Miami (CNN)—Sen. Marco Rubio cast himself as the forward-looking candidate to lead the nation toward a new American century when he announced his presidential bid Monday, framing the election as a “generational choice” for Americans.

Marco Rubio - enters race

“Grounded by the lessons of our history, but inspired by the promise of our future, I announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America,” Rubio told supporters at Miami’s Freedom Tower.

Rubio’s candidacy will lean heavily on his personal story as the son of Cuban immigrants and argue that the American Dream seems unattainable for many because “too many of our leaders and their ideas are stuck in the twentieth century.”

“My candidacy might seem improbable to some watching from abroad,” Rubio said. “In many countries, the highest office in the land is reserved for the rich and powerful. But I live in an exceptional country, I live in an exceptional country, where even the son of a bartender and a maid can have the same dreams and the same future as those who come from power and privilege.”

The speech marks the official public launch of a long-awaited campaign for the 43-year-old freshman senator, and signals he’ll aim to turn his youth and relative inexperience into a central calling card of his campaign. (read more)

Hillary oldmarco rubio - face

Rubio’s entry into the race will present another point of difference between the anointed Democrat Candidate Hillary Clinton.   Rubio as the bold, youthful, forward-looking candidate and Hillary as the entrenched established older political class.  An easy distinction to highlight.

If Rubio were to win the primary race it would be a bold contrast in candidates.  Many people, myself included, would have no issue happily voting for Rubio over Clinton.

patriotHowever, against the backdrop of watching the GOP for several years, and having a keen sense of identifying the objectives of the professional decepticon class, I personally do not view Rubio’s decision as an actual run for the White House.

While I dislike the cynical nature of my own opinion Rubio’s entry reeks of Decepticon maneuvering.  I find the entry of Rubio far more likely organized by the professional political class (GOP) to fracture away votes from other primary candidates thereby supporting his mentor Jeb Bush.

Rubio would easily split the Scott Walker, Ted Cruz and/or Rand Paul coalition of conservative primary voters.  Jeb Bush retaining a solid grip on the 30/40% GOP primary support he will most likely hold upon his entry.

Unfortunately I view this decision as an insurance policy by the establishment (big money) GOP to insure their more chosen candidate, Jeb Bush, ends up with the primary victory.

Rubio is giving up his Senate Seat to run for President –  He wouldn’t do so without a safety net under him in case of failure.  Find the person or group who has provided the $afety net and you identify the motive for his race.

grubering us bush murdoch jarrett

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Election 2016, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to Marco Rubio Announces Presidential Bid….

1. agent provocateur says:

Reblogged this on Nevada State Personnel Watch.

• sundance says:

Mega rich dude (must be billionaire by now) who made his fortune in auto dealerships then real estate.

• labrat says:

I was thinking more in line of how likely his Rubio support is actually Bush support.

• JRD says:

“In 2013, the Braman Family Foundation hired Jeanette Rubio to review charity grant applications, according to the foundation’s tax return. She works part-time for Braman’s daughter Debra, the foundation’s executive director, and also helps the family with its personal charity-giving, Braman said.”

“Bought and Paid For” for doing absolutely nothing.

What a disgrace! Sadly, Rubio = Orange Charlie. Rubio stands for nothing but advancing his own corrupt power. He is Jeb’s client and does what Jeb tells him to do, an establishment company man.

2. gainny says:

Another ineligible—his parents weren’t citizens when he was born.

• canadacan says:

So what he was born here it makes him an American citizen.
      I’m going to truly miss him a senator the Senate needs him.
      Rubio is about the best orator we have he
      is about as principled as a politician can be,I love his passion and his clarity.
      Always been enamored of Rubio.
      he deserves a good place in a republican government

• jetstream says:

Exactly. He only needed to be an American ‘Citizen’ to be a Senator, but the Constitutional standard for President of the United States is the much higher standard of ‘Natural Born Citizen’.

Does our Constitution deserve to be denigrated any further than it already has been? Even if he were perfect in every other way, our Constitution is supreme. No one is above it.

• stella says:

I predicted that the birthers would crawl out of the woodwork.

• barbi says:

Breitbart refutes their claims with a simple quote from the Constitution:

U.S. Constitution’s Article II Section 1-

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

• Burnt Toast says:

Fun academic exercise it is.

Have yet to hear a birther explain how virtually every nation derives citizenship from parentage (which the US does) vs. merely being born in the geographic territory (which the US does). Some countries recognize both. Some countries have multiple classes of ‘citizen’ even if they do not use that word as a descriptor.

• jetstream says:

No need to call people derogatory names because they honor the Constitution. I do no want to see our supreme law destroyed through the “cult of personality” because the majority thinks a politician should be given an “eligibility pass” for saying what they want to hear, or don’t care to respect (in my view) the plain meaning of the Constitution. That has given us Obama.

Some people here do not tolerate differing opinions about what constitutes a ‘Natural Born Citizen’ and want “birthers” to go away or shut up. I respect the fact that others are not convinced of the difference between ‘Citizen’ and ‘Natural Born Citizen’. I don’t think you should go away or shut up if that is your sincere belief. I do hope to inform others, who are unconvinced and open to another viewpoint backed up by evidence.

However, for those who don’t care about the Constitutional requirement or want the Constitution changed, there is a process called ‘Amendment’ to handle that. Selectively enforcing the Constitution leads to tyranny.

Until someone can explain how a ‘Citizen’ is the same as ‘Natural Born Citizen’ and why these two different terms were used in the Constitution (one to qualify for Senator, and the other to qualify for President), I will continue to “crawl out of the woodwork”.

STOP READING HERE, if you have already made up your mind about eligibility.

So how does the Breitbart quotation of Article II refute anything? It actually reinforces the fact that the qualifying term ‘Natural Born Citizen’ is different than ‘Citizen’.

This can be seen in the use of the grandfather clause…“or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution”. The founders grandfathered in themselves, as being eligible to be President. This was because no one was already a ‘Natural Born Citizen’ of the United States who would be eligible to be President in the initial 35 years after ratification.

A ‘Natural Born Citizen’ of the United States could only be born after the Constitution was ratified June 21, 1788 and those persons wouldn’t be eligible to be President until they reached the age of 35 years.

So who would be eligible to be President who was a ‘Natural Born Citizen’ during the first 35 years of the United States and who could satisfy the 35 year age requirement? Answer =No one.

Thus the reason for the grandfather clause. It permitted (1) ‘Citizens’ who were citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution AND (2) who were also 14 years a resident of the United States to be eligible for the presidency IF they were also (3) at least 35 years old. This allowed ‘Citizen’ patriots who were born prior to June 21, 1788 to be eligible for the presidency (as long as the age and residency requirements were met).

Anyone born forever after June 21, 1788 has to be a ‘Natural Born Citizen’ to fulfill the citizenship requirement for President. They also have to satisfy the age and residency requirements.

Therefore, Rubio is not eligible. He is a ‘Citizen’ who is eligible to be a Senator but is not eligible to be President of the United States.

• stella says:

That is your opinion, and only an opinion, so do not pretend that it is settled law.

To say that your opinion is not tolerated here is a lie. We have heard it over, and over, and over, again. Hearing it seventy-five times does not make it any more valid.

• barbi says:

“Natural born” means born in the territory that is the US; it’s being contrasted with the phrase “or a citizen of the Unites States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution” to denote and to accommodate all those people who were born elsewhere, for instance, England, as so many founders and framers were.

• “Natural-born”, means that they are a citizen at birth, vs. needing to be naturalized.

• Burnt Toast says:

It has been said that GITMO was chosen to hold certain GWOT prisoners because it is ‘legal outerspace’.

They are pikers.

A place I was once at with family some 15 years back was just a few years before a recognized territory of the US, as much as Puerto Rico or Guam, but before I got there it was cut free, but not quite. Then, they get a rep at the UN, and, that’s about it.

Had my first kid born there, on a military installation (a la McCain and Panama) and had to get a “Naturalization of US Citizen Born Abroad” (?) certification to register the kid as being born a US citizen or s/he would not be recognized as a citizen even though it was a given that they were born a citizen….

Did the paper drill, but the package was returned without action as the law just changed and the kid is NOW recognized as a US citizen at birth without requiring that oxymoron form.

So we just got a passport instead.

Nonetheless, for some bizarre reason I am under the impression that “Natural Born” means your parents were US Citizens. Maybe because that is what they taught in MY civics class 35 years ago… maybe my life experience since.

The 14th was the genesis of granting citizenship based upon where you were born* and what nation’s laws you were subject, Which is precisely and irrefutably** why it was created.

But Wait! There is more…

The 19th Amendment mandated a need to maintain eligibility to vote (i.e.: citizenship) of women voters, therefore family members citizenship could no longer be solely derived*** from the husbands.

TL:DR
                We have Always Been At War With Eurasia

*Despite being born in the US Territory of American Samoa, they are mere ‘nationals’.

**Just an opinion, which is similar to, “Five of Nine has deemed…”

***Derived is an source of citizenship. There was actually a process, an obvious effect of the 19th in hindsight, to maintain / restore citizenship to those who married immigrants (and their children). It had been defunct sometime after WWII.

• barbi says:

• TC says:

Great summary, and agree 100%. To further your argument, you could point out that ALL off the signers of the constitution were in fact born on US soil, with only 1 exception. If one merely needed to be born on American soil to be Natural Born Citizens, then the grandfather clause would not have been needed.

• smarty says:

Spot on. I hate that those who support and respect our Constitution are smeared for doing so.

• lovemygirl says:

They really are ignorant and irritating. I’ll avoid discussing certain topics with some of these newbies because it will just raise my BP.

• gainny says:

You could disagree without being insulting.

• radiopatriot says:

Stella, with all due respect, what is wrong with that? I find your attitude to be condescending and rude. You might learn a thing or three by reading this thread of conversation by some folks who are arguably more willing to consider the issue that what I’m seeing here in your close-minded snide little remark. Just WHO made you the arbiter of Art. 2 Sec. 1? Seriously, your attitude is suffocating.

• stella says:

I have a right to my opinions, just as you do. As long as you are expressing your opinion, I fail to see why that is “suffocating”. I have read, I think, every opinion about “natural born citizen”, since we have had people posting about it since 2011, when they were talking about Obama.

Are you trying to suppress my opinions by insulting me?

ADD: Read your own comment, and the words you used to describe ME:

• Condescending
          • Rude
          • Close-minded
          • Snide
          • Suffocating

As for your “due respect”, where is it?

• stella says:

P.S.: I’ve already read this thread. I’m a Dave Perkins “friend” too.

• Burnt Toast says:

Were his parents LPRs?

3. Roy says:

“I find the entry of Rubio far more likely organized by the professional political class (GOP) to fracture away votes from other primary candidates thereby supporting his mentor Jeb Bush.

Rubio would easily split the Scott Walker, Ted Cruz and/or Rand Paul coalition of conservative primary voters. ”

You really hit my nerve with these statements!!!!! I have been thinking along the same lines.
    The hatch of Republican candidates is designed to fracture the vote. I’ve leaned towards believing it was to insure Walker wouldn’t win the primary, but that result by its nature leads to your conclusion of supporting Bush.

I won’t vote for Bush, or Rubio, or Paul, or Cruz. I have a very strong feeling that I will write in my candidate of choice knowing the election is a total fraud.

• Sentient says:

What’s with the write in? Just vote for Walker. Walker should win in Iowa, the last poll had him up by 11 pts in New Hampshire. The momentum carries him to a win in SC (while the media writes about Bush cratering). If Rubio is still in it by the time of Florida or Nevada, he (and/or Cruz) can peel Hispanic support away from Abuela Jeb so Walker can win.

• Roy says:

Yes, you’re right. I guess I was thinking the worst case where he wasn’t on the ballot. Point being – I’ll vote for Walker no matter what. He’s the candidate that scares the RINOs.

4. michellc says:

I personally can’t get the gang of eight out of my head. I realize he’s been fairly conservative on everything else, but amnesty is the end of this country.

• hoosiergranny says:

michellc, I can’t get the gang of 8 out of my mind either. I can’t figure out whether he was just naive or easily influenced to go against his values. Either way, I wonder what will happen when he needs to make another important moral/leadership judgement. Perhaps in a few more years when he is a little more experienced. Or maybe not.

• michellc says:

I’ve talked to people who put everything into getting him elected who lost all trust in him. That was the biggest reason why, because they felt he was either easily mislead, which would make him stupid or he lied about his values.
        Unfortunately, I don’t have much trust left for anyone running for office and when they do opposite of what they say when running for election it makes it real hard to even like them much less trust them.

• Sentient says:

It wasn’t just that Rubio was naive or easily influence by the other Gang of Eight guys. It was that even after the fatal flaws with his border security measures (such as they were) were drawn to his attention, he continued to try to SELL US on his open-borders amnesty scheme. He can’t be that stupid. That only leaves duplicitous.

• joanfoster says:

Getting in bed with Chuckie Schumer did it for me.

• Bad as illegals, or masses of immigrants, may be, they at least can work, pay taxes and produce goods or services of value to all. Except for criminals and leeches, they do no harm.
      OTOH, the huge US national debt, constant annual deficits, endless wars, crushing regulations and Obamacare are killing us right now.

• Sentient says:

California has half of the welfare cases in the entire country. Eventually they’ll get to vote. It’s great if you want a one party state like Mexico under the PRI for 70 years.

• michellc says:

Since when did illegals pay taxes? Why can’t American produce goods or services of value to all?
        Obviously you don’t live near illegals or you would certainly understand how much harm they actually do. I can’t even tell you how many people I know who have been hit by illegals who never pay a dime or serve time in jail because if they’re released on bail they’re never seen again. They make our streets unsafe, from the drug cartels to those with no insurance and no DL who can’t drive worth a flip crashing into us. They take jobs away from Americans and they are leeches because they use our public schools and our hospitals and it’s been proven many of them get government assistance.

• georgiafl says:

Most are on welfare.
        Most are communists and many are Islamists and do not respect our laws.
        Many of the illegals are criminals, gang members and do not respect our laws.

• radiopatriot says:

It wasn’t just the push for amnesty that caused some hurt feelings among tea party members towards Rubio (which was a biggie, especially since it was Rubio’s central issue that he inexplicably seized upon once elected to the Senate). Rubio basically turned his back on the tea party.

Many don’t remember, but Rubio’s campaign against Crist was broke and in trouble. He had let his top campaign staff go. He was trailing badly in the polls. And then he jumped on the Tea Party bandwagon at the time the Tea Party movement was roaring to life. Rubio spoke at energetic tea party rallies with hundreds and thousands of people. They walked precincts for him, phoned voters, put up yard signs.

And after Crist was caught “hugging on” Barack Obama, the Tea Party drilled that message home to Republican voters who in turn rallied around Rubio. But unfortunately, once elected, Rubio seemingly forgot who brought him to the dance. He refused to join the Tea Party caucus.

He did not attend the Senate Tea Party Town Hall. He didn’t take opportunities to work with/praise/advocate for the Tea Party movement in direct contrast to others in Congress who had been associated with the Tea Party movement (Cruz, Lee, Bachmann, etc…) – so of course there are going to be hard feelings among many Tea Party members who believe Rubio used them when it was politically expedient, but moved past them when it was no longer necessary to have their support.

5. Interesting theory. And both Bush/Rubio and Rubio/Bush would float decepticon wood into the White House. The latter is a redux of Reagan/Bush, with a younger and more Hillary-beating controllable.

6. cohibadad says:

Yeah. Reeks of polico-maneuvering, like an episode of House of Cards.

7. Les says:

Eh, we already have a Cuban.

8. tampamom says:

For the first time, I don’t agree! Rubio is great. Different big money backers than Jeb. He could win. This conservative Florida mom would vote for him – and I already sent $$$ to Cruz. His Amnesty position makes sense in Florida, not Texas, maybe, but the conservative, hard working South Americans that live on the west coast would be great Americans – paying taxes and probably voting Republican. He would be clear and unyielding on foreign policy. Cannot wait for the debates! All the declared, Republican’s would kill Hillary in any debate. Thrilling field so far.

• canadacan says:

Tampa mom thumbs up to you I’d like to buy you a cup of coffee

• Stormyeyes says:

I may be naïve, and will definitely take these thoughts and suspicions into consideration and do more research, but I tend to think he is sincere and honest. As of today, I would vote for him and frankly, I think he would be a more formidable opponent than Jeb Bush and the Dems know that and are afraid of him, so he may garner more support than JB from grassroots. He is young and has made a few misguided decisions, but compared to the current administration, he is far more intelligent. It is important that he not mess up now or in the debates. Whoever the ultimate Republican candidate is, he must be a very good president if elected or no future republican will even win and we can watch our country circle the drain and cease to be as well know it.

• sundance says:

@tampamom, keep in mind for the general that Rubio ran against Charlie Crist in ’10. Crist was a GOP insider at the time. Which means Crist knows all the opposition research of Rubio…. which means the Dems have all the oppo research from ’09/’10 which also includes: A.) the campaign finance issues and B.) The nepotism issues with family, et al.

There’s a reason the Dems are not pulling the trigger on those files. They are saving them for later, if needed.

9. Sentient says:

I’m obviously a Walker guy, but I really think it’s interesting that none of the recent entrants – Cruz, Paul or Rubio – seems to be gaining great support. I think Walker will take his sweet time to declare – after it’s obvious that none of the other non-Bushes is catching fire. When he declares, he will ride high. Senators are natural bloviators – and it shows. The other thing is electoral vote strategery. Florida is necessary but not sufficient. Any Republican has to win that one to win – and should after eight years of a Democrat. Walker could possible break the “Blue Wall” winning one or more of: MN, WI, MI, PA and maybe even Oregon. What does Cruz bring, Texas?

10. bob e says:

tampamon .. beaners paying taxes ?? really ??
    this liar should run for el presidente of cuba,
    which is all he cares about. not too tough either to read
    a speech, as barry o’fraud has shown us .. latinos
    great conservatives & americans ??

11. yankeeintx says:

While I am all in for Cruz, I like Sen. Rubio. I think he allowed himself to be used, and probably thought he would be considered a hero if the Gang of 8 was decent. I also like Paul, but not his flip flopping, I like Walker, but not his amnesty. The only one I will absolutely refuse to vote for is Jeb. So we need to come to a consensus, and pick one candidate to get behind, or we will be handing it to Bush.

12. FlatFoot says:

Swell speech. Brings back memories of how he misled and scammed the Tea Party for his Senate seat.

Back when truth and honor actually meant something, and even just a handshake was truly a man’s bond, words actually meant something because most people could and would be held to their word. Politicians would be literally run out of town on a rail for lying and grifting and self-serving. Today… not so much. Not at all.

I used to be excited about Marco Rubio and a potential future as POTUS — then he showed his true RINO colors without hesitation with his Chuck Schumer-John McCain despicable Gang of 8 Scofflaw Criminal Illegal Immigrant debacle after winning his Senate seat with huge support from the Tea Party — among many other things [however, ‘pathological liar’ does still rank even higher on my hit list of establishment whores — and Rubio toes-the-line there too].

Marco Rubio is also timid, almost wuss-like, in his demeanor, and the pronounced lisp when he speaks doesn’t help. He is not the type of guy who is going to righteously get up in someones face during any debate(s), much less really fight to undo the considerable harm done to our exceptional nation over the past six years if elected. That is going to take a helluva lot of fight in the Republican dog if the Republican prevails in 2016, and Marco Rubio does not strike me as much of a fighter. He strikes me as an establishment lackey who would do almost anything to avoid a fight, and most, if not all, of the damage done will just be left to ride and become carved in stone.

• Senator Cruz got accused of the same thing when his wife quit her job and they needed to go on his insurance, as a Senator. This report is misleading and is simply a smear job.

As for his debate style, I watched Rubio on the Daily Show debate Jon Stewart and he did a great job articulating the need for lower taxes on business owners. He got the almost always obnoxious and close-minded Jon Stewart to listen to opinions he usually won’t. Definitely worth checking out.

13. Judgy says:

Thanks for bringing our attention to that possibility, SD. Oy vey, I REALLY hope it’s wrong though, especially as I just caught the tail end of more morons on “Watters’ World”. More than Walker, Cruz, or Paul, I can see how easily Rubio’s “a young, Latino Kennedy” type looks might sway the more shallow end away from the unappealing Shrillary, and garner much-needed votes. We could definitely use him! So I hope they’re not USING him.

Admittedly, even though I do NOT trust him on amnesty, I find it hard NOT to watch him when he is speaking, whereas when Hill and Zero are on I have to fight myself not to turn the channel b/c they’re both just so ugly, and hard to listen to. Rubio is, IMO, quite magnetic, and even though I think I CAN sense how something here could be “off”, I LOVED his line about looking to family, NOT government.

I hope whoever we DO end up w/ operates under that premise, long shot though it may be. I also apologize for so strongly hoping that your hunch on THIS situation is incorrect–it makes me feel disloyal somehow! 😦 🙂 :/

14. barbi says:

I understand your reasoning, Sundance. I understand your skepticism. Further, I won’t say you’re wrong.

However, if indeed there are people who think this will get Jeb Bush elected POTUS, they’re wrong, for in a circle of GOP nominees, Jeb look the male version of Hilary (even though I give him credit for being a good governor of FLA). The juxtaposition of Jeb to Marco diminishes Jeb more than they might hope it diminishes the other GOP hopefuls.

15. Oh, wait folks. Though I thoroughly agree with the Rubio admirers, I just checked heights of the candidates. In a head-to-head Jeb Bush at 6’3″ would beat Marco Rubio at 5’10” or 5’9″. I saw a study somewhere that showed that the tallest Presidential candidate won (all? most?) of the time.
    Scott Walker: 6’3″ or 6’1″ – sources vary
    Rand Paul: 5’8″

16. yakmaster2 says:

After reading the comments thus far, all I know for certain is that Jeb Bush is my last choice for the GOP candidate, but if he wins the primary I will still go to the polls and vote for him in the general election. ANYONE BUT HILARY for President!

Also, I’m confused on the actual meaning of “natural born citizen.” I have been thinking anyone born on US soil, regardless of citizenship status of his/her parents, is a “natural born citizen.” Maybe I’m missing something, so more research.

• yakmaster2 says:

Well, of course, a child born anywhere in the world to a U.S. citizen parent is also automatically a natural born citizen. Forget to include that.
      My research has not revealed anything different than what I originally thought to be true. So no new revelations.

17. georgiafl says:

Comments about Rubio at Gateway Pundit:
    “Cesar Conda – Marco Rubio’s former chief of staff worked for George Soros”
    “Paul Singer, a pro Amnesty, pro gay marriage pimp is fundraising for Rubio. The red flags are starting to come out.”

18. Aslan's Girl says:

I agree with sundance’s opinion, and isn’t it funny how Jeb/MSM are saying that Rubio’s entry actually “hurts” Jeb? LOL. Decepticon indeed.

I can’t believe he’s giving up his Senate seat for this! Rand got KY to fix their law so he could do both. I don’t like Rubio, but he can be useful in the Senate. Oh, well. Maybe the grassroots of FL will get the candidate they THOUGHT they were getting in Rubio, before he sold them out with amnesty!

19. georgiafl says:

We need a Jack Ryan*, former marine, patriotic, honest, intelligent, cunning, shrewd and ruthlessly determined and a committed Christian as President. Someone to face down and outsmart the Islamists and Marxists and never back down. Someone to expel Soros and sons and banish his kind forever.

Not a soft-handed, divided-mind, split-tongue, easily bought, pretty faced politician like Rubio.

20. Amen amen amen. Thank God you see it Sundance. I told my coworker the same as we watched Rubio give a speech. He comes off more phony to me than other candidates as well, but I told him this was Jeb splitting the vote. Initially Jeb would have relied on the Latino vote, but if he can’t have that then why not split it. Rubio was VP material at best he knows that too. I just hope people catch on to what the same old GOP guard does every single time and don’t fall for it. I will NEVER vote for Jeb. As a college student I know first hand he has sold this country’s educational system to Pearson. The whole free community college incentive stands to profit Pearson billions. I would love to see a expose on them and their lobbying and involvement in common core. Try paying 230$ for an accounting book and then find out you’re not able to share it with your sibling because the ‘special access code’ aside from the physical text book is unique to each student and also expires rendering the book worthless after one semester.

21. Juan says:

Keep ripping Rubio and prepare for Hillary. No Republican can win without Fl, Oh & Va (at least two) plus all the 2012 red states & maybe one from out west. Jeb, Rand, Cruz & the others looking at running cannot pull it off. Anyone thinking they can, please provide an electoral college result that the numbers work … no way you can.

22. deqwik2 says:

For Rubio to give up his Senate seat, I’m wondering if it’s been “kind of sorta” hinted at that he can be VP if he is not the nominee. He is friends with Walker & Jeb so could be on ticket with either one of them. I could see a Walker/Rubio ticket coming out of this if we can knock Jeb out during primaries.

23. Pingback: Florida – The Center of the Universe | The Radio Patriot