The Republican Party is Done….

I agree with everything this guy says about the Republican party and his sentiment, except the date. The date the principled conservative movement actually lost any hope of reforming the Republican party was May 20th 2014.  This is the same exact date that Jeb Bush became the absolute guaranteed GOP candidate for 2016.

Everything between May 20th 2014 and November 8th 2016 is baked into the cake.

McConnell and Boehner

(Bell News) The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.

Over the past 40 plus years of life I have been fed the line that if a person doesn’t vote for the Republicans then the Democrats will win. Or if we start a third party it will split the vote and the Democrats will win.

The problem is if both the Republican and the Democratic parties are so infiltrated with Progressives to such an extent that they are basically two cheeks of the same ass, and no matter what party I vote for I end up with a Progressive party, then what’s the point of voting for a Republican let alone voting at all?

It’s time to throw the Republicans to the curb.

It’s time to start a new political party.

Now for those who would argue with me and say that “We need to take back the party” I have one word for you: (read more)

Jeb-Bush

Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush – “What Difference Does It Make?

Take the model of UKIP and form a 3rd party asap.  2016 is already a write off.  The Goal is now 2020.

This entry was posted in Cultural Marxism, Dear Leader - Creepy POTUS Worship, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Education, Election 2016, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, Illegal Aliens, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

229 Responses to The Republican Party is Done….

1. RoyBaty says:

The strange part is that we conservatives are the lifeblood of the Republic. These big government entitlement types could not exist without us. So our only solution is Segregation. Like in Atlas Shrugged, we eventually will have to either leave or fight.

• Daniel says:

We are the fuel for their fire. They know it. They know we won’t stop until we die. And the people will miss us when we’re gone but they won’t understand who or what we were — they will think that we were mean, hateful and worse than what they end up with but that is all. And so long as logic, reason, cause and effect are kept out of discussion and understanding? Well, it’ll be worse than the USSR’s failure.

• Pam says:

We are the lifeblood of the Republic! But we don’t live in a Republic anymore.

• Gettingby says:

There is no-where to run and no-where to hide because the mainstreaming of evil is a global phenomenon. You, like the defenders at the Alamo or the Spartans at Thermopylae, can come together as a band of brothers and go out defiantly in a blaze of glory, or wait until you as individuals, defenders of your God given rights, are branded by the PC elites as self serving haters and racists and deprived of the ability to financially sustain yourselves.
      Let the fantasy of voting for X or supporting group or proposition Y sustain you, but realize it is nothing but a coping mechanism. Until you’ve abdicate morals and reason and affiliate yourself with your enlightened masters you have Zero say and Zero rights.
      So get with the program or perish…praise the fascists, worship the PC enlightened, hug the sexual deviants, idolize the heroic anarchist and jihadists, spread the approved TRUTHS, and commit heart, soul, and mind to “the way.”

• Durham says:

Conservatives, especially truly patriotic, activist conservatives confuse the Constitution and the Republic with the Government (the Establishment-both parties are really one unity, bought and paid for).

You don’t start a third Party, you take over the second Party if you want to gain some leverage inside the Establishment. A third party will never grow in the electoral system.

However, you are still playing their game. They want you to plan 6-8-10 years out.

Until you realize that the Elite Cult Ideology has control of all schools, all media, all think tanks, all NGO’s, and sets the meme of the day, you won’t get close to changing things.

Home schooling is radical. Foster it.
      Spirituality is radical. Foster it. (Treehouse does.)
      Challenge the output from the Cult government. Everything is a lie, a fraud. Challenge it all.
      Attack them (like Andrew Breitbart did, over and over, with well-armed material that exposes the Cult and the Lies).

Reexamine your own analysis of Hegemonic world rule the Elite Cult uses globally.
      This is not a local (USA) problem. They rule the globe.

See through the lies about Russia, Putin, China, Eurasia, Latin America, Africa, Middle East. Get up to speed on the global manipulation.

Explore the history of the big world events just as you explore the small, tragic local events.

There is a global resistance to the same Tyranny here because outside the US it is recognized as the Hegemon.

You can’t have Freedom while serving Tyranny; you can’t be protecting the Constitution and Rule of Law while defending Tyranny. Country is not government, government is not homeland (where did that come from?) or motherland or fatherland.

Country is its citizens and property, not government.

Contry isn’t the Parties. It’s much bigger and deeper than Party. Those are co-options of energy for the masses.

The enemy is Government. Government is the enemy.

At some point, it is the King all over again.
      Runnymede was the example. The knights put knives and swords to the King in order to get the Magna Carta, the legal foundation of Liberty and Constitution.

If you think a third Party is the same, you are delusional.

Know your enemy. Know its strengths and weaknesses.

• rdenisw says:

I have now left the Republican Party, after being a Republican all my life. I’m now 68.

If the Tea Party starts a political party, then I’ll be in it. Until then, goodbye GOP.

I sure loved the Constitutional Republic that we used to have, and mourn it daily. Maybe some day it will be reborn, but it is now dead, dead, dead. I will always grieve.

• rdenisw……I left the Republican Party in 1999 after Trent Lott let clinton off the hook. I saw the “writing on the wall” even before then. Edward House, Wilson’s handler said in 1913 or there-about, “our goal is to merge the two parties, so that when they “us” wish to throw the scoundrels out, we don’t lose anything”….or something similar. There is truly only one option left, and I dread that fact,but as the just mudered French cartoonist said, “I would rather die standing, then live on my knees”. Now the span of years between your 68 years and my 62 might offer some difference in experience, it probably is only that you built your first treefort 6 years before mine, and you were allowed to stay up on Sundays to watch Bonanza a few years earlier than I. Other than that, we are of the same spirit !

• Shibbity Boo says:

But, surely, if we start going to church on Sunday, every Sunday, again, and start washing behind our ears before dinner, every dinner, again, and start celebrating his birthday, everybody, every year, again, then grandpa can’t be dead, won’t be dead, anymore.

2. ZurichMike says:

I am seriuosly considering giving up my US citizenship

• Kauf Buch says:

Unless you’re already well-prepared, mentally, financially and culturally to do so, you would be acting foolishly and would likely regret it within 5 years.

• lovemygirl says:

Hint -Zurich is a pretty place

• stella says:

Mike has lived and worked in Switzerland for years.

• ZurichMike says:

I have been living on Switzerland for 14 years, my partner is Swiss, we own property outright, I am fluent in German, and have spent most of my adult life in Europe. Have Swiss citizenship as of four years ago. Other than my aging parents and siblings and their families, my life is no longer US-focused. Just got back from a visit to the US — shicked at the imploding, decrepit infrastructure, run down cities, and sense of hopelessness.

• ZurichMike says:

Typing on my iPhone. Big thumbs make many typing errors! LOL!

• RoyBaty says:

Assuming you consider yourself an American, you are a quitter Mike. Why are so many trying to get into the US and not Switzerland. As for me, not going down without a fight.

• doodahdaze says:

See: Geronimo.

• William says:

Reexamine your assumption. Many are coming into the US, but look at who’s coming. Most are not what I would call “enhancements” to our country. They are a drain overall.

• Kauf Buch says:

Perhaps not a quitter, but definitely gone over to the Dark Side/Euro Side, which revels in trashing America in ever so “charming” ways. I saw it for years living overseas.

BTW, I’ve known Zurich since the 1980’s, and it’s gone downhill more than any postcard images you can imagine. Their misadventure into HeroinLand sure didn’t help, either. Still, with enough SFr, they keep it up a tad better than most…but Europe as a whole is no “shining city” these days…it may just be due to the lack of information Americans get about the daily deterioration.

• ZurichMike says:

Your view of Zurich and non-EU Switzerland is as dated and out of contrxt as your remarks are snarky.

• Kauf Buch says:

Outdated my popo. I said SINCE the 1980s. It’s fully IN context when one considers the issues facing/threatening Swiss today.

Your comment was personally insulting; therefore, it has been removed. Admin

• ZurichMike says:
                  1. Here’s some info about the Platzspitz (“Needle Park”). That ill-fated idea was 1987-1992, i.e., 23 years ago, and the park is now as you will see in the photos. Zurich is the economic capital of Switzerland. Major banks, private banks, insurance and re-insurance companies, FIFA headquarters, and many biotech and medical device industries are here. The city is elegant, well-maintained, safe, and beautiful, as are the cities of Basel, Bern, Lucerne, Zug, Interlaken, Lausanne, Geneva, St. Gall, Thun, St. Moritz, Davos, Gruyere, and Biel/Bienne. But what other “threats” does Switzerland face that are being handled poorly in your opinion? I am sitting at the edge of my seat. Here’s the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platzspitz_park
                  2. Happy to show you my Swiss passport. I became a Swiss citizen in 2011. Like others who are serious about becoming a Swiss citizen, I put in the requisite number of years, can speak one of the national languages at a native level, passed a rigorous in-person interview by the town council, had to take a written test on history, culture, and government of Switzerland (in German), provide documentation that I was not in trouble with the law, had no outstanding liens against me, had paid all of my taxes, had proof of health insurance, and also demonstrate that I would be a good Swiss citizen and had a steady job and knew local customs.
                  3. I do not have boatloads of money, but I am thrifty and well-compensated because I work hard, take calculated career risks, and have requisite education (BA, MA, JD, and MBA degrees from top universities) and experience (20+ years on two continents for 5 Fortune 500 companies in field-based, regional, and headquarter roles), speak two languages fluently, and have managed and/or worked in over 60 countries around the world.
                  4. It is no secret that I am gay — apparently you are the only one who doesn’t know — which is not surprising since your knowledge of a lot of things is sorely lacking, but doesn’t prevent you from opening your mouth to exchange feet. My Swiss partner and I have been in a “registered partnership” (no, it’s not called marriage over here) for 8 years (we’ve been together 13 years). Our being in a registered partnership had no effect on my becoming a Swiss citizen. You are right, owning property does not qualify one for citizenship, but your original comment spoke of being financially well-prepared. We purchased and paid for a 3-bedroom, 2-bath flat in 9 years by accelerating mortgage payments and being thrifty and with additional payments to our pension plans (tax-deductible), we can retire now at 55 but chose not to. Is that financially well-prepared enough for you?
                  5. You recognize nothing about me. The first I am seeing your username on this site is today. Nice try. I recognize a xenophobe a kilometer away. Oops, a should have said “mile” because I know how sensitive you are about Americans who have adapted and integrated to life outside the US. This is Switzerland, honey, not some Honey Boo-boo trailer park.

• Kauf Buch says:

HEY SUNDANCE: you don’t take this “response” from ZurichMike as A PERSONAL INSULT WORTH CENSORING?

Interesting DOUBLE STANDARD.

Being an architect, I’m fluent in not only in numerous languages but also metric-English conversions.

My personal considerations of your sexual activity ARE OF NO significance. And NO, your financial preparedness is NO QUALIFIER for Swiss citizenship. Got a warm brother in the immigration office?

Sundance didn’t edit your original comment. I did. I don’t think Mike’s response is out of line, considering your insults to him. I see you are continuing here. Admin

• ZurichMike says:
                  1. Glass houses on the personal insult, Kauf.
                  2. I never asked, nor care, about your background and wonder at the connection between architecture and your knowledge of languages. However, it was you who made the flippant, ignorant remarks about Zurich and Switzerland, and also mused that one would have to be “well-prepared financially” to make a decision about choosing just one citizenship (which I factually demonstrated). You also made snide remarks about my sexuality (and not one but two vulgar insinuations about how it may have played a role in my getting citizenship). I stated with utter clarity the process by which I was granted citizenship, which is legally and factually correct for all applicants.

Nice try.

• Chip Bennett says:

I know ZurichMike. I love ZurichMike as a brother and as a fellow Wolverine.

You, I don’t know.

Your comments and replies, though, lead me to believe that you’re a troll. If you don’t want to feel the sting of a rather righteous retort, then perhaps you shouldn’t lead with ad hominem.

• JRD says:

Hi Mike. I know what you mean. I have dual citizenship and have been contemplating the issue.
                  I’m fed up with paying my unfair share.
                  Happy New Year to you!

• doodahdaze says:

Mainly in the communist big cities. Out here in the country is still great. No Progs.

• PatriotUSA says:

I know quite a few people throughout Europe and think you are off mark. Much can be said about here stateside as well near the same. I am well aware of daily stuff in what I often refer to as Europistan. Still has excellent places just like here. I think, no I KNOW I would trust ZM long before others. Just saying……….

• ZurichMike says:

I have not quit on America. America has quit on me. And there are untild number if people seeking Swiss citizenship, but our immigration policy is strict and enforced

• nyetneetot says:

I think they’re just jealous of you having the option to decide.

• partyzantski says:

ZurichMike,
              Having options and choices is more valuable than many realize. America has, as an institution, not so much quit on its citizenry but rather it was express couriered a new procedures manual from central office.
              That new manual can not be read directly, just reconstructed through direct and indirect observation of what the Regime does, what is enforced and not upon whom. Looks to me like you have created a pretty accurate sketch of what that user manual contains, and have trimmed your sails accordingly.

• doodahdaze says:

They don’t have much left to redistribute from the working class. They are broke. To avoid taxing the elite they are borrowing the money to pay the welfare and graft off.

• ZM, I think it is wonderful that you have a choice and are already entrenched in Switzerland. Keep in touch with CTH regardless of what you decide.

• Josh says:

“…our immigration policy is strict and enforced” I understand Australia is the same way.

• Josh says:

“I have not quit on America. America has quit on me.”
              Sounds like my old buddy, Mr. Ronald Reagan, when speaking of the Democrat party.

• Kauf Buch says:

Typical Euro Dark Side arrogance of a former American.
              DO US ALL here a favor: PLEASE renounce your citizenship.

You are asking for moderation. Admin

• ZurichMike says:

Correction: I am still an American. I am also Swiss. Do us a favor and find another site to troll.

• PatriotUSA says:

Enough with your nastiness. I will leave it at this as i will not lower meself to your level. I have respect for this site, the admins and those who tread here on a regular basis. Besides I have been taken to the woodshed once or twice for losing it here and will not do that again. Most of have manners and respect and make our points without getting nasty. Try it.

• Pam says:

I don’t blame ZM one bit. I know many rock-solid conservatives who are loyal to what America was, but is no longer. For the last ten years, I have had conversations in which various friends have discussed options of leaving this country. These are not people who are wealthy and these are NOT quitters or people who don’t care about their country. They are people who see their country has been taken over, our former way of life almost destroyed, our culture and society a nasty, rotten mess of lawlessness and perversion and rampant sin and corruption, from top to bottom.

Any fight to undo this should have begun long, long ago. Where were all the fighters 20 or 30 years ago, when we might have had a better chance?

I’m an old lady with many health problems. What I have to look forward to, when my poor hard-working husband finally gets to retire, is living on a pension, scraping to make it through each month, and struggling to even have a doctor who will prescribe for me the expensive medications I need to keep going. I look forward to the likely future of being denied medical care so that I will die sooner rather than later to save the tax $$. Never mind that I worked almost all my life, from the age of 18, as has my husband, and we have paid and paid and paid into the system.

I look around today and cannot believe this country…what it has become. If I could get away from all this, I would.

• Dixie Darling says:

Like Oprah said, Pam, they are just waiting for all the old timers to die and then they will finish this country off for sure and certain. But they will have made the bed they will have to lie in .

• Pam says:

For me, it doesn’t matter so much. All my husband and i want to do is get out of the awful place we’re in and try to find a little spot of relative peace in the South. God will decide how long we have to go on living. My heart breaks, though, for my children. I have two adopted kids, both 21 years old. My husband has two middle-aged adult children, and we have two grandchildren. I fear they will face much, much worse than we have experienced.

• ZurichMike says:

The last sentence is the real heart breaker: every generation has always left the world better for their progeny, and now that is all but impossible to do. Sigh. Keep the faith!

• ZurichMike says:

Hang in there, Pam! You are still on the prayer list for us!

• Sharon says:

I don’t see myself as a “fighter” but I can tell you exactly where even the passive resistance (that might have been effective) was 20-30 years ago:

They were standing around in small groups whispering about those of us who even dared suggest in a quiet conversation that it was important not to violate one’s own personal convictions in voting for Bill Clinton over Bush, Sr., and voting for Perot to make a point (they said).

Those who might have been effective would mock people like me who quietly made the point that greasing the skids for abortion on demand had already set in motion some awful things.

Those who had a position from which to speak were embarrassed by us blue collar types who didn’t like liars and gently (at the beginning – remember the church lady?) mocked us as a religious nuts.

Where were all the fighters 20-30 years ago? Ask the majority of those who are finally speaking up today. Look at all the conservative blogs today, filled with commenters and readers. Ask THEM where THEY were 20-30 years ago and you will have the answer to your question.

In 1993 I was teaching a women’s Bible study group in a Baptist church in the Antelope Valley in CA. Individuals would nervously approach me after our sessions, asking what they should do: their husbands were “about to lose their jobs” and they were afraid that Bush, Sr. was too rich and they were in the process of deciding to vote for Clinton. (IOW, they had already, mentally, sold out their convictions and were going to vote their wallet, just like the welfare crowd is accused of doing today – the very people who loudly criticize the welfare crowd now did, in 1992, exactly the same thing that they criticize the welfare crowd for doing).

When they asked me their question it was always a a short conversation. I asked, “Since we know that Bill Clinton is pro-abortion your decision is essentially based on fear about your income. And you only need to decide if your income is more important than babies not being killed.” I spoke in normal tones but spoke it plainly.

I’m guessing that most of those who are vocal about the welfare takers today voted for Bill Clinton to “protect their pocketbooks.” And of course, as it turned out, Newt Gingrich and the boys led a charge at the time that actually forced Bill Clinton to cave to conservative demands and shifted welfare a bit, for a time, toward workfare.

The good old days.

Most of those who could have been fighters were going along for the ride 20-30 years ago and then said, “See? Clinton wasn’t so bad after all.” And most of them were mocking religious and social conservatives as being either fools or hard-hearted.

Those whose hold on power is dependent on deception will always find an audience willing to be deceived.

• For some reason, my “like button” no longer functions. Perhaps I said something on another “dicksus” site that was deemed “inappropriate”, I don’t know. Anyhoo, I did further research into my family tree folder provided by my late aunt Monnie and can confidently add two more generations to my American family tree. Love what you said Sharon, ZMike, Chip, Doodah, Dixie D and too many others to list! Someday, before my heart DOES stop, I may figure out why I can no longer hit the “like” button and be counted…..?

• Lee Jan says:

It is up to us to convince others to embrace our values. Short of that I would not ask the citizens of every city and state to give up their franchise and allow talk show hosts to choose their candidates. Seems many here do not respect the voters.

• sophie1150 says:

Yes, I say stay and fight. We need to remind congress and the President, they serve the will of the people. Mike, we need you.

• holly100 says:

It is shocking to see how far and fast this country has fallen. 2016 is not going to change anything for the better. What’s the tipping point going to be? When there’s nothing left to lose?

• Dems B. Dcvrs says:

The Manchurian Candidate from Kenya has nearly succeeded in his Muslim/Commie mission of tearing down the Country he so hates using “Socialists” sticks shoved in our eyes.

You can tell by Obama’s smirks, snide remarks, and taunting antics, he loves rubbing American’s faces in it.

• Pam says:

I think we already lost it, It’s just now dawning on us.

• doodahdaze says:

I would if I were you. Swiss citizenship. This place is going down the tubes.

• CrankyinAZ says:

I understand where you are coming from… it isn’t an easy decision. America isn’t what it used to be. You can see that every time you go back…

• freedomranger says:

There is no doubt the US of A is no longer a free republic but a progressive anti Constitution smorgasbord of anti Christian pro slavery self indulgent degenerates but, I doubt that Switzerland or Europe could exists without the U.S.

• ZurichMike says:

Well, what has the US done lately for Europe and/or Switzerland?

• Sharon says:

Why should the US “do” anything for Europe? I really don’t accept “what you have done for me lately?” as a valid perspective for decisions about citizenship although I agree with everything you have presented earlier in the thread.

• ZurichMike says:

Hi, Sharon! I was trying to question the point that somehow the existence and success of Switzerland and or any other part of the world is somehow linked in large part to the US.

• 7delta says:

I don’t think the U.S. will be of any help to Europe in what’s coming to us all, nor will Europe be of any help to us. We’re all pretty much on our own, I’m afraid.

Europe best keep its eye trained toward Russia. Putin has a plan and he can see it within his reach. Once KGB, always KGB. Everybody wants to rule the world. The enemies of my enemies being my friend won’t last. Enemies will be enemies and the sincere battle to be the king of the world will commence with the first taste of victory and we’re knocked back by our own chaos, invasion and war. Former allies against us will turn against one another to possess the spoils the world over, but we’re living in the biggest obstacle to their goals and the biggest prize resource. Land and natural resources. The U.S. must fall for anyone to truly win. Not a pretty picture, I admit, but an absolute possibility. Human nature always makes chaos and destruction possible.

I admit your speculation about giving up your U.S. citizenship gives me a twinge of pain in my chest, but since I believe what I say I believe, that every person has the unalienable right to choose with whom he associates politically and personally, if that’s what you decide to do, I can only wish you well.

When this knotted ball of yarn begins to come completely unraveled, sadly, I don’t think anywhere will be safe, but everyone will have to decide what’s best for them and how to deal with what may come. Everyone has a place where they’re supposed to be.

I will say this about the outcome: We win. America will be beaten about the head and shoulders soundly; it will be ugly beyond our wildest imaginations, but in the end, we win. I know this with every fiber of my being. The sleeping giant will be wounded and will reach the point of nearly succumbing, but we will win. Never doubt it. Never give up. Never stop working toward that end. Repeat after me: WE WIN!

Best to you, Mike.

• ZurichMike says:

Thank you for a such a nicely thought-out post. My brother also things like you, using a boxing metaphor, with the US have two swollen and bleeding eyes, against the ropes, missing teeth and bruised beyond recognition in the 10th round, but will rally at the end and win. It is a distant hope, I fear.

I did say “seriously considering”, not “definitely” revoking citizenship.

Keep the faith — for all of us!

• 7delta says:

I did say “seriously considering”, not “definitely” revoking citizenship.

Now, I did say IF that’s what you decide to do. I’ve left you plenty of wiggle room. Oh, yeah, there’s hope. :>)

• PatriotUSA says:

I maybe joining you someplace in Europe ZM. I have nothing holding me here and just an option on the table that may become reality. I have several offers, will know down the road and sooner rather than later.

3. Kauf Buch says:

Yep. Germany’s AdF (Alternative für Deutschland = Alternative for Germany) is also a very good model.

4. smarty says:

So who is our leader if we are to start UKIP here?
    Has to be someone 1. Principled and very focused 2. Charismatic/optimistic personality who can throw punches with a smile
    We need our own Nick Farage.
    I love Sarah Palin but I do not see her as this person? Ted Cruz? He has ties to Goldman. Sachs so not 100% sold on him or that he would walk away from big money. Rand Paul: he is too busy flip flopping all over to get behind it. Louis Gohmert? He is the real deal?
    Also what to call the movement: constitutional party? Middle class party? Freedom party?
    Will we be able to marry the different factions of libertarian and social conservatives? Meaning a Justin Amash and a Daniel Webster or Jeff Duncan together. It would be a powerful voice.
    I so want this to happen. I do have a lot of ties to bigger people in tea party grassroots because I was a former tp leader. Still involved with my little party. The current leader is marvelous person, he would be an excellent resource and coalition builder. Contacts all over.

• Shirley says:

Perhaps it does not have to be just one person. If some of our best Conservatives got together (with great communication skills) and got the ball rolling to make some of the decisions ie: party name, financing etc Then we worry about who our first candidate is. The most important thing would be to get this group spread throughout the Country to explain what the new Party is and why it is being formed. Off the top of my head at 6:20 AM would be Palin, West, Carson, Levin, Limbaugh etc. They are all great communicators. There should be more and selected carefully.

• stella says:

We also need money – lots of it.

• lilbirdee'12 says:

Yes, Stella, lots of it. Some talking head on Fox yesterday said to run a successful campaign, Jebbie Boy would need $1 Billion!!

• Eskie Mom says:

I respectfully submit to you, Stella, that money is the problem. A good candidate needs 1. a message worth hearing, 2. the character to do exactly what they say they will do & knows how to rally popular support, 3. vocal chords, 4. feet & transportation, & 5. supporters who will work their hearts out to spread the candidate’s message & enlist others.

Every aspect of our political process has been corrupted by money & the grasp for it. From the lobbyists & special interests who buy our legislators, to the candidates who sell us to their cronies as way to buy influence & enrich themselves, financially.
          Don’t believe me? After the 2012 election, we were inundated by phone calls on our mobile phones; every Tom, Dick, Harry, & “cause”, dunning us for “donations”. My email is so overtaken by political spam, I don’t even bother to check it any more.

The same is true of dog rescue. Everybody is begging for money every day. It is endless. I will work like a dog for a cause I believe in, but not “fundraising”. And spend money out of my pocket to do it, when I can & am so inclined. But hand over cash? Not anymore. I am off this (no so) merry-go-round.

The goal is no longer as stated. In truth, it is supporting an industry that does nothing more than seek funding for it’s principals & their affiliated vendors.

• stella says:

I wish we could get rid of the money aspect, but that isn’t a reasonable goal right now. We need money. People vote for candidates they have heard of (it’s called name recognition), and they won’t hear about them without political ads.

If Jeb Bush has more money and runs more ads, he will garner more votes. I wish that was not true, but it is.

• triper57 says:

Stella; I to, think that money is the at root of our political problems, And used to think that you had to have money to compete. But think of all the little people like Mia Love, that beat the Goliaths in their districts. And to get the money out of the political process the Conservatives will have the political power first. We almost have enough State Legislatures to make some changes through an An Article V, Convention of States to Amend the Constitution.

Our Constitution will have to restored to repair the damages done by the political parties. Along with the damages done to the process of controlling the corporations through their charters and not the Tax code. There is reason to believe that it can be turned around.

• shirley49 says:

Why just one person? Why not a team of Conservatives (with great Communications skills) There need to be many decisions made and they would need to fan out across America and explain to the American Citizens the reason for it’s formation. Some ideas would be Palin, West, Carson, Mark Levin, Rush Limbaugh etc. The other solution would be TERM LIMITS and when voting for speaker it be done privately. Boehner got together with Piglosi (my nickname for her) and had Dems vote for him. Did you see them hugging after the vote.

• texan59 says:

While we all want to see things be different, they aren’t and we are going to suffer for it. My question is, is your local town council made up of mostly TP type folks? The local school board? It is always wonderful to look to DC to make the changes, but we really need to start at the local level first. To cleanse the swamp, you have to get control of the machine. That starts at the precinct level. Did you read about what McCain did in AZ by getting rid of good guys at local spots and getting his “guys” back in to run the party? That’s where the change is going to come from, the bottom up, not top down.

• smarty says:

Here in Virginia we have the seen the worst of republican hijinks with slating at our conventions (establishment bussed in democrats so they could prevent conservatives from holding chairs).
        We are constantly battling northern Virginia which is mostly democrat now and almost controlling the state politically. But the tea party movement has been somewhat successful.
        So state level republicans are mixed but the federal level we have almost zero representation as conservatives.

• partyzantski says:

Northern Virginia = Occupied Virginia. Everything north of the Rappahannock is done for and is slathered in Progressoyankees. They move here from infested places like NY & NJ, bring their wants/needs/desires for totalitarian regime here.

Look at the tax bills… year after year, the only answer is “MOAR!” Who exactly do they expect to live here when property tax and all the other taxes incrementally consume the lion’s share of income?

A short parable about delay in action: A koi farmer has a pond with many koi. He notices a lily pad problem that could kill his whole pond off by casting the waters into shade. The lily pads double in area every day. Other things take him away from his duties and he resolves to solve it when his pond is half covered. His pond is half covered the day before the whole pond is doomed to lily pad apocalypse.

• CrankyinAZ says:

Yes… I know exactly how McCain works and I really, really detest that man. His little crony Flake is no better. Arizona isn’t what it used to be…

• McGuffin says:

I would vote for Sheriff Joe for Prez!

• Eskie Mom says:

There are a number of sheriffs who could fill the bill nicely. I am so bad with names. There is another in Arizona besides Joe Arpaio (They work together on stuff, IIRC), a gentleman in one of the W/ NW states, the Black guy who has been outspoken lately (to my knowledge. Maybe he has always been so forthright.)

Unlike politicians (who, in my mind, are more akin to lower level celebrities- or think they are), sheriffs tend to be serious people who take their jobs seriously.

Our biggest problem, imho, isn’t our president. It is our legislature, the swelling & corruption of our judicial system, & the machine(s) that drive(s) them all. We The People have been completely removed other than to foot the bill.

Maybe I’m an anarchist to something. I have a pretty cynical opinion of local city councils & mayors. My own is infested with democrats, & historically, our republicans haven’t been much better, just different. We’ve had some real lulus. Corruption, Inc.

• Sharon says:

Being a good sheriff wouldn’t inherently make him a good prez – he would fail on a large stage just like the Sunday School teacher Jimmy Carter did, and he would not have been president if he hadn’t been a Baptist Sunday school teacher. A lot of protestants voted their religion and elected him. I was not one of them.

• michellc says:

It’s a disease that has infected every level and frankly a disease that I don’t know how to cure. Part of the reason is the people casting the votes. I couldn’t tell you how many times every person I’ve talked to and trust me during all kinds of elections I’ve knocked on almost every door in the county and called almost every person who has a phone. Then come election night I see something totally different than what was expressed.

• Lee Jan says:

It is up to us at the local level to take the time to go to township committee meetings, school board meetings, etc. If we don’t get involved we have no one to blame but ourselves.

• Ziiggii says:

Carson?
      Sundance?

• freedomranger says:

The John Birch Society is the rightful home for most ,if not all, freedom lovers and patriots of the Constitution and founding documents.
      The Republican party was founded upon a lie and false premises and with very few exceptions all who have been elected as representatives of the republican party by the people have been totally corrupt and should have been treated as traitors.

• yankeeintx says:

His “ties” to Goldman Sachs is limited to his wife’s employment, so he is on her health insurance policy. Heidi Cruz works for the Investment Division of Goldman Sachs in Houston, which allows her to be with her children on most nights, who wouldn’t consider that while considering a job? Ted and Heidi Cruz liquidated their own assets to fund his Senatorial campaign. I would think if he had actual “ties” to Goldman Sachs, they would have had more than enough funding w/o their own assets. Sen. Ted Cruz put Obama in the position that forced Obama into shutting down the gov’t, and brought the US close to defaulting on our debt. Do you really think Sen. Cruz was worried about the effects of a default on Goldman Sachs?
      I would not theorize “ties” to Goldman Sachs on the sole fact of wife’s employment.

• I’ll just say one thing – I left the Republican Party a few months ago, and I went to the Conservative Party USA.

It’s still a small party, but it’s building. It’s a natural home for the Tea Party – it was built to accommodate them when the day came… yesterday.

I’d encourage you to check it out and get involved ASAP. I don’t think we have the luxury of waiting around until 2020. I really don’t think so – I really think we have to think outside the box here, and start to self-organize for our security and the maintenance of general order.

5. ThankYou,Treepers says:

The individual politicians and the machinations of party politics nationally are too voluminous and trite for me to track to comprehension.

So that leaves the visceral as to most politicians. McConnell to me physically resembles Rove – too soft to be individualistic therefore not trustworthy of having the capacity to go that critical last hard mile. Boehner like Obama is a dimwitted pretty boy chosen by his puppet masters (corporate in Boehner’s case) to be the face, although unlike Obama, my sense is he’s a decent man, still he’s too malleable to be anything but dangerous in a leadership role.

But via tv and the net I’ve seen enough strength, smarts, toughness and moral valor out of Steve King, US House (IA), to have complete confidence that he is a Godsend. Supporting him and what he wants is in the best interests of our country and individualism.

6. hocuspocus13 says:

Now you may correct me if I’m wrong…

But has not the New Republican Party already been renamed?

The Tea Party…

• stella says:

It’s not a political party. They don’t field their own candidates.

• smarty says:

There has been a lot of that in Virginia. It was tea party leaders who vetted a d varicella put together Dave Brats campaign. Regardless of what Laura Ingrabam said he is and was tea party candidate. At any rate it is very difficult to take over such a corrupted organization. Grassroots support is just not there because people are totally disgusted, at least with federal office holders.

We could and should start a political movement like UKIP that becomes voice of middle class. We have no voice.

7. Chip Bennett says:

UKIP is effective because it is acting in a parliamentary system. The US does not have such a system. Ours is a two-party, winner-take-all system.

Like it or not: we have two parties. That’s the landscape from which change must come.

• doodahdaze says:

A 3rd party would be great if it had 10% of the vote it could decide the elections.

• 2x4x8 says:

it is not likely that anyone can defeat the Money Powers, they have made political contributions to both parties, they own the insiders and leaders, a few outsiders like Cruz and Warren are more populist driven but have less influence, the MSM (stock owners) see to that, anyone trying to start a new national party will generate the wrath from both parties keeping them off the ballot in some States, the Libertarians and Greens have a few issues that resonate but also some that are against the best interest of middle class Americans

• Chip Bennett says:

Third parties do that with only 2-3% of the votes.

The problem is, they decide elections for the candidate most ideologically opposed to their own beliefs.

• smarty says:

In 2016 there will be a large number who vote third party because that is what is happening. It is unstoppable at this point. Yesterday sealed the deal. Why not offer voters a real choice?
      Planting seeds for eventual replacement of RNC.

• doodahdaze says:

I could not bear to vote Scott or Crist in 2014. The only other candidate was libertarian so I voted for him. For President i will not vote Bush or Clinton. Lots of others to choose from.

• Chip Bennett says:

And that large number will accomplish… what, exactly?

What people clamoring for a third party fail to understand is that the Progressives who control the Democrat party want to, are willing to, and will be able to destroy our country – not 100 years from now, but before 2020.

There will be no free country from which a third party can rise out of the ashes.

Remember the way Pelosi and Reid forced ObamaCare down our collective throat? That will be every Progressive policy wet dream if and when they get a Legislative majority and the Executive again.

Does the Republican party suck? Yep, it sure does.

Is the Republican party merely the death-by-a-thousand-papercuts version of the Democrat party? Yep, they sure are.

But if we’re dying a slow death, we at least have time left to do something meaningful.

The Progressives are playing for keeps, and they’re playing for NOW. They’ve worked and waited – patiently – for a hundred years, for this moment.

And everyone shouting for a third party is going to accomplish nothing other than to give it to them.

Find. Another. Way.

• smarty says:

This isn’t a coordinated movement by voters. It is just organic and fueled by anger. Republicans created it because of their corruption and lies so they own the results. The blood is not on the hands of the voters who cannot tolerate it anymore.. Many people who would normally vote GOP will vote libertarian, etc or stay home out of disgust.
          I am not taking credit or boasting, just noting what I think is happening. I see nothing wrong with trying to attract people to a renewed and rebranded federalist (tea party) movement. I am very cynical about ever being able to co opt the GOP out of the slimy hands of the elitists.
          As for me I will participate in primaries but I will not vote for Jeb Bush, Christie, Romney if by some tragedy they get the nomination.

• Chip Bennett says:

We would already be free of the historic disaster that is Obama, if not for such people who opted to stay home in 2012. They DO own it, and I hold them accountable for it.

Lots of things grow organically out of anger. They’re usually called “riots”, and they have secondary, as well as unintended, consequences.

Splitting the GOP to create a third party is not going to accomplish anything positive. If there is enough strength to challenge the party from the outside, then there’s enough strength to challenge the party from the inside. Build a bloc, and win the presidential primary.

(The biggest problem there is: the grassroots aren’t especially politically savvy. We usually get trounced by the establishment – and even when we win, we don’t have enough money, power, or influence to overcome the vacuum when the establishment turns their back on the primary winner. See: Mourdoch, Akin, and Hoffman (NY-23 of Dede Scozzafava infamy), just to name a few.)

As for the Congress: keep picking off the worst offenders in the primary. It happened to Cantor; it can happen to Boehner. And if you want better candidates with whom to try to primary the establishment: start taking over local precincts, and build the bench, from the precinct committeemen to the state legislatures.

But trying to go third party is a fool’s errand – and one that could be deadly to what’s left of our country.

• Poster says:

Not true. Some states are winner-take-all, others are not if you mean federal elections. However, all elections (except the president) are governed by one thing – who gets the most votes. We actually have many parties, not just two. I can name a handful. Lying about what we face isn’t helpful.

• Chip Bennett says:

I have no idea what you’re talking about, and I don’t take too kindly to being accused of lying.

Try to keep up: I’m comparing the US legislative system with the parliamentary legislative system in the UK (where UKIP exists, and has the ability to wield some degree of power).

In fact, everything I’ve said is completely true: with respect to political parties, we have a two-party, winner-take-all system in the legislature. There are several, viable third parties (Conservative, Constitution, Libertarian, Green, etc.). What seats do they hold in any legislature? What power do they wield in any legislature in which they hold seats (if any)? And most importantly: of the two major parties: what power does the minority party hold in any chamber of any legislature in which it is the minority?

In the US, the majority party holds all the power, the minority party can occasionally mount a nuisance (in super-majority legislative chambers), and the third parties are utterly irrelevant.

• stella says:

Chip isn’t lying. We are basically a 2-party system. Yes, there are other parties. None of them have fielded a viable Presidential candidate – ever. No 3rd party candidate has ever come close to winning a Presidential election. That is just fact, whether you want to hear it or not. Ross Perot got more votes than most 3rd party Presidential candidates in the 1996 election, and he only got 8.4% of the popular vote, and no electoral votes.

ADD: In 1992, Perot got almost 19% of the popular vote.

• Dems B. Dcvrs says:

In past, I would have said creating another Party might force GOP/RNC to return to “Right of Center”. However, it has now become clear the GOP/RNC is merely an extension of Democrat Party. The GOP/RNC does not care whether it loses votes to another party, thus losing future elections, because Democrat:GOP/RNC wins either way.

• partyzantski says:

Chip,
      Spot on, as per your usual. A Parliamentary system works even in violently unstable places such as Lebanon.
      Check under allocation of seats and structure to see just how varied this assembly is:
      What is interesting is that the Phalangists, Hizbollah, Amal, Marada and the Armed Forces all have seated representatives. The Phalangists, Hizbollah, Amal & Marada are all entities that function on several levels- political, cultural, spiritual and economic.
      I am not arguing for the platforms of these organizations, but the example of what can be achieved for cohesion and political power in conditions of chaos is quite clear. These are all long standing entities that are effective at pushing agendas that would otherwise be dismissed and their followers gutted & spitted. Lebanese politics are rather more charged, but it appears to me from my undisclosed location that America is heading in such a general direction.
      May be time to rethink what exactly a political party is and does, services provided and all that. It may be time for a political party to be more than printed words on a voter registration card.

• Cetera says:

And this is why it is foolish to continue to vote Republican. You’re better off voting for an evil Democrat over a moderately evil RINO, with the intent being to kill off all RINOs. Once all the RINOs are gone, and the Republican Party establishment and apparatus are gone, defunded, or see the light, the issue has a chance at being resolved.

It is more important to have a strong opposition party than control with collaborators in treason and the destruction of our nation.

• Dixie Darling says:

Ah….there you are. I’ve been looking for you to comment. True, all that you have said, now and earlier. It would be great if you could come up with some precise workable recommendations for those of us without the necessary knowledge but who are great worker bees. I, for one, would like to sting ’em all.

• Cetera says:

I love you Dixie. I don’t have a specific plan, other than what I’ve already laid out. I’ll think about it for a bit. I don’t have a secure way to contact you, and I’m not putting out my email address on this thread with all the trolls.

Email Sharon at the site address, and have her give you my email. Let’s start brainstorming. It’ll be tough to do on the site with the threads as they are, but we can start outside of the site, and the write up something to be discussed on the site.

• Of course you do, Cetera. You love everybody. And we all love you. You are one of those rare individuals who “walks the talk”. You are a true Christian who has a way with words that can actually reach into a person’s soul and affect a major change in that person. I know. You have succeeded in pulling me back into the fold that I grew up in but with maturity came cynicism and skepticism. YOU are the reason I am back where I belong.

With that being said, I did a little research on you this morning and located an article you wrote for CTH that has pretty much already laid out a good basic plan which is long term and would take time we perhaps don’t have. But I wanted to share it with those who may not have read it.

After reading and rereading this thread after all the comments had been made, I’ve come to the conclusion that CTH has a lot of very intelligent commenters who are up to date on this political world we live in…..people who would have a whole lot more to offer than me: Chip Bennett, Chip Bennett, Chip Bennett, 7delta, smarty, Sharon, Texan59, Michellc, Misterfaustus, justfactsplz and Thankyou, Treepers. THEY are the ones who need to get with you and come up with a plan we can all follow from our various locations. As stated, I am simply a workerbee and an excellent “go-fer”.

I am proud to say that my representative, Walter B. Jones, was one of the 25 who voted against Boehner. Mr. Jones has always done the right thing. Eastern North Carolina has been fortunate to have him.

I’m happy to help in any way that I can and will make sure Sharon knows how to reach me. I have been somebody’s secretary all of my life but the extent of my civic duty was to serve on the Board of Directors of our HOA for three years. So, you see, I am a nobody who knows nobody, who has no power and only enough money to live comfortably. But I have come to admire you Cetera, Sundance, and all the mods and many of the treepers tremendously as CTH has become very significant in my every day life.

Peace and love to all.

• Cetera says:

Thank you, Dixie. You humble me. It was not me, but Him. For some mysterious and unknown reason, He used me for a bit to reach you. I’m glad I showed up for Him, and for you.

You’ve done a lot for me in this post. I’ve really been struggling. I’ve not been “feeling” it lately. Love is True, but not easy.

We are all nobodies, who know nobody, and who have no power and just enough money to live. The amazing thing is that this status never changes, no matter how much you have or who you know. The only exceptions seem to be for those who would do us harm and conduct themselves in matters of tyranny and oppression. Those individuals always believe they are the cat’s meow and have the whole enchilada, to mix a few metaphors. They always think they know better, and are going to try to make you believe it too, as well as live it.

Believe me when I say you have great power. Your presence and participation here at CTH has made a difference in my life. Never believe you have no power, or you will easily fooled into giving it up.

I still think the best overall strategy is to think big, look far, and act small. If you can do nothing else, simply show up and be seen. Be an instrument to reflect His light.

Isiaha 60:2-3

Though darkness covers the earth,
              and thick clouds, the peoples,
              Upon you the LORD will dawn,
              and over you his glory will be seen.
              Nations shall walk by your light,
              kings by the radiance of your dawning.

8. doodahdaze says:

I hope so. The 28 that are now being treated as Outcasts by the GOP could start it.

• partyzantski says:

D3,
      The 28 who stood up and took the face shot far outnumber the band of Fidel Castro when they landed to take over Cuba against a Regime. They outnumber by 3x+1 the number of Commies with Lenin.
      28 is not historically a disqualifier to start a party. There is actually some advantage to having a small core – focus. They do not need to be all things to everyone, it would be best to limit the scope and just go full frontal reality on those points.

• smarty says:

what those 28 (25 I thought?) need to do, is:
      start going on talk radio and cable, who ever is friendly, and start informing America on how corrupt the ruling elite are in D.C.. It will be dangerous, but if they have basically been neutered, they need to stand up to the elites because they will not have any success anyway.
      What is going on is that unless you are willing to be bought and sold, extorted, to move legislation forward, you are toast.
      Americans need to be made aware of how dirty it is.

• pdxlady says:

I agree with you all. And believe that starting with the 25 that stood and voted their consciences and values yesterday against the elite establishment; knowing full well beforehand, the backlash of Boehner’s rage/retaliation would be upon them.

This is from a good article at Canada Free Press :

“The 25 Who Stood Against the Obama-Boehner Chess Game Should Form Their Qwn Party” I especially love and relate to this quote from that article …

“Since there’s nothing left to wait for, as someone said almost 14years ago in the most daunting of circumstances: “Let’s roll!””

Here is a list of those brave men (no women):

Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.)
        Rep. Brian Babin (Tex.) ~ Voted: Present.
        Rep. Rod Blum (Iowa)
        Rep. Dave Brat (Va.)
        Rep. Jim Bridenstine (Okla.)
        Rep. Curt Clawson (Fla.)
        Rep. Scott DesJarlais (Tenn.)
        Rep. Jeff Duncan (S.C.)
        Rep. Scott Garrett (N.J.)
        Rep. Chris Gibson (N.Y.)
        Rep. Paul Gosar (Ariz.)
        Rep. Louie Gohmert (Tex.) ~ Voted for himself.
        Rep. Tim Huelskamp (Kan.)
        Rep. Walter Jones (N.C.)
        Rep. Steve King (IA)
        Rep. Tom Massie (Ky.)
        Rep. Mark Meadows (N.C.)
        Rep. Rich Nugent (Fla.)
        Rep. Gary Palmer (Ala.)
        Rep. Bill Posey (Fla.)
        Rep. Scott Rigell (Va.)
        Rep. Marlin Stutzman (Ind.)
        Rep. Randy Weber (Tex.)
        Rep. Dan Webster (Fla.)
        Rep. Ted Yoho (Fla.)

They are a good nucleus for We The People to begin cultivating. The American people are ‘Mad as He*l’ and they/we (I) thought that the message they sent in the November 2014 election should have been LOUD and CLEAR.

What is now Loud and Clear, to a good portion of the Country, is that Elections Don’t Matter, and that it is time to take matters into our own hands, if there is still any time and hope left to safe our nation.

I have never been quite so discouraged as yesterday when Boehner was re-elected as Speaker. Up until then, I held out hope that things could change. I’m no longer under that illusion. I’ve put off changing my party affiliation from Republican, but I am now DONE! (Love that pic of the fork above, as that is how I finally feel. Done!)

After the 2012 election, some people that I know formed the ‘Constitutional Freedom Party.” http://cfp4us.org/ At that time I wasn’t ready for a ‘third’ party. However, I’m taking a second look.

I have also read Mark Levin’s book, “The Liberty Amendments,” and would love for this to be implemented. However, my sense of urgency is too great, and all of politics works too slow. Just my thoughts. Thanks for listening.

• Roy says:

These brave 25 men represent hope, and time is of the essence. Boener isn’t wasting any time retaliating and he’s not trying to hide it. The Republication Party actors apparently feel bold enough to drop their script.

9. whuptdue says:

I’m following the same thought pattern and time span as written above . Once it became clear that newly elected ‘conservatives’ like Mia Love voted for Boehner….but wait…the icing on that cake …. Louie Gohmert admitted he always intended to cast his vote for Boehner despite throwing his hat in as one of two opposition candidates for speakership…then didn’t show for the actual vote…I was done being played the fool by these political jesters.

As a matter of fact, I spent early yesterday afternoon seeking out, obtaining, filling out and mailing my district’s application form to permanently renounce my affiliation to the Republican Party.

I’m willing to wager there are alarming numbers of registered Republicans who similarly followed suit and either changed political affiliation or registered as undeclared — numbers which will be quite sobering to the entrenched establishment.

• doodahdaze says:

I did that last year now am Independent. There are lots of parties to pick from in the presidential.

• Poster says:

What you say is nonsense. So Louie Gohmer and Mia Love sold out, therefore all conservative federal office holders are sell outs? Look at the votes. There’s at least 25 conservatives who voted against Boehner. You know them to be sell outs? No, you don’t. Your logic is that of the bigot.

• whuptdue says:

Make that a sane and proud “bigot”…your negative characterizations will have no influence on my decisions – certainly no more influence than the contemporary charges of racism or white privilege or whatever pathetic emotional tact you & yours steer towards. I refuse to tolerate the intolerable and play these games anymore. As for the few who voted against Boehner, GoPe revenge tactics render their representation practically useless. If they stay…that’s their decision to make.

• Josh says:

Poster, your comment was okay until “Your logic is that of the bigot.” First of all that does not make sense and second of all you don’t need to resort to name calling. It makes YOU look silly. Again, other than that, your comment is okay.

• Pam says:

Thanks for reminding me, Whup. I’ve been meaning to do this, but didn’t know how to go about it. I will be checking out the process and requirements in VA.

• yankeeintx says:

Where did Gohmert claim that he always intended to vote for Boehner? Did you mean Gowdy?
      In many states an Independent cannot vote in primaries. For now, I’m not making any changes, but that could change in the future. I’m disgusted, but will wait and see what gets done (and doesn’t get done).

10. William says:

I am also hoping that the Republican party is destroyed. It deserves to be. But I think we ought to evaluate whether or not we should look to another political party for saving this country. I think we should not just jump to the idea automatically that we should form another party. We need to step back and take a look at the bigger picture. Are we too wedded to political parties? Are political parties beneficial to our form of government? Are political parties necessary? I think we should begin to examine those questions. We cannot imagine our country without political parties. We are so used to having them that we can’t think outside of that box. But maybe we should. Remember, George Washington in his farewell address warned us about factions. Was he warning us about the dangers of political parties? I believe we should revisit that speech and carefully look at what he was telling posterity. He was a wise man and a man of virtue.

11. William says:

I believe that one important step in the dissolution of the Republican party one can and should take is for all conservatives to change their political affiliation on their voter card from Republican to Independent. Let the Republican party be occupied by RINOs. There will be those who would remain because they agree with the party and are even antagonistic to conservatives. Let them have their dying, bankrupt party.

• rdenisw says:

That is exactly what I’ve done. I am now registered Independent after having been a Republican all my life. As Reagan said, I didn’t leave the Republican party- they left me. I will grieve for that party, but less than I grieve for my lost country.

12. Menagerie says:

I arrived at this conclusion several years ago. I will not support the Republican Party because I don’t have a viable third party candidate.

I see that as the privileged American existence version of converting to Islam because they are holding the sword. Yes, I am feeling dramatic today.

• Pam says:

I cut myself off from the GOP about 8 years ago. It took years and many nasty notes on fund-raising, expensive mail-outs before they stopped sending me mail. I had to cut off the canned speech and hang up on hundreds of phone calls, which I really don’t like to do (old courtesy lessons die hard). I finally got a VOIP phone system which allows me to block calls for free. They’ve gotten really sneaky on their Caller ID.

• stella says:

My rule is to not answer any call if I don’t recognize the number. If it’s important they will leave a message.

• Sharon says:

Exactly. That’s why God invented caller id. If their name and number isn’t already in my phone I never answer.

• justfactsplz says:

That is exactly what I do. If it is important they will leave a message. I look who is calling before I answer any call.

• Pam says:

My thing is that I disliked voicemail so much I had never set it up. For some reason, I cannot stand going through voicemail. Since I had it off for so long, I told friends and family and they got used to the idea that I was going to be there to answer, or not.

I finally had to turn voicemail on, when we got into seeing so many doctors, whose offices would call. Some doctors don’t use identifiable Caller ID. Surprising, isn’t it?

13. coeurdaleneman says:

Any meaningful action will not come through voting.

• I don’t know that changing the players and/or changing the policy is going to save this country. Look at what has happened to our CULTURE. We are a modern day Soddom and Gommorrah, trading our freedoms for trinkets and instant gratification, our heads buried in reality TV. We treat everything as if it is disposable, including human life, and then look to someone else (i.e. government) to bail us out or “fix it”.

Somehow LIBERTY has to become COOL again. That is the message that needs to be packaged and sold to the masses.

In the meantime, patriots need to prepare themselves for the coming storm. When the thought police show up at your doorstep, what will you do? Heck during canning season I had TWO pressure cookers going in my kitchen, and I posted a photo on Instagram and my husband looked at me and said “are you sure you want to post a photo of two pressure cookers going on instagram?” I had to re-think that one.

• partyzantski says:

Liberty will become “cool” once a significant portion are behind the wire in FEMA camps.

• Pam says:

Tell it like it is, Partyz. Thank you. Maybe when we’re stripped of our bread and circuses, our cell phones and ipads and propagandized cultural goodies, enough of the masses might come out of their virtual reality world and open their eyes.

• Menagerie says:

Apparently, liberty is not nearly as dear to most of those who have never paid a price for it.

• Eskie Mom says:

Sadly, LM, that’s true. BUT there is a growing backlash that is reaching a boiling point & finding it’s voice.

It’s true that the left/ commies have gone (& are going) WAAAAY too far for the average mere mortal to shrug & say “what are ya gonna do?” or none of my business/ no skin off my nose.

I think time is of the essence because if nobody- no group, steps up & challenges all this, all this insanity- it is going to be accepted as “social change”. I think people have gotten wise to polls & media trying to use “everybody”, therefore you are the odd one to manipulate people into going along, but they still aren’t quite sure what to do about it or where to start.

Which is why I say throw everybody & everything out & keep only our founding documents & start again from scratch. Bottom line: We’ve lost the plot.

14. If only this were true… 😦

15. doodahdaze says:

Ted Nugent for Presdident.

16. Madmax says:

And I’m done with the Republican party.
    Period.

17. TheLastDemocrat says:

I am the last democrat. As y’all have noticed, all the others have gone Marxist.

Here is my thought of where the future could go: eventually, enough of us regular Americans who are democrats will realize we have been played by the Marxists, and we will decide we don’t want to be communist globalists and don’t want to destroy America. We will realize we are for the “little guy,” and will embrace a liberal ideal including not killing human beings who happen to not yet be born, just because they are victims of having little political power.

Then, the “liberal” end of the spectrum will be free to split in two. One party might be described as Constitutional democrats, or Liberal Constitutionalists, and the other half can go take a flying leap as far as I care, but would finally be free to call themselves Socialists, or international socialists, or globalists, or Marxists, or the Proxy Party for the Supposedly Oppressed and Aggrieved, or whatever they might choose.

Vetting at the local, state, and federal level would not be that difficult: do you believe in national sovereignty or not; do you support the Constitution or not; are you for abortion or not; are you for an open border or not; are you for the nukelar family or not; is it OK if people practice Christianity, or are you hostile to Christianity; are you for the teachers or the students; and so on.

Pretty easy.

Then, we end up with four parties, two generally liberal and two generally conservative.

This would get us out of the logjam of the two-party system, where entrenched political power pressures politicians to answer to the banks and other fund-raisers rather than their parties.

The RINOs and marxists can join up on open-border and abortion issues, etc. The tea party and Constitutional Dems can join up on Constitution and policies that do not destroy nukelar families. All kinds of alliances could result.

Oh, and term limits, also. Big time.

In the meantime, I am left with no one to vote for since we democrats have been cleverly, subtly, but heavily co-opted by Marxist politics, including abortion.

• Pam says:

I admire your spirit, but I have absolutely no confidence that politicians can be “vetted” by such as us. They lie. They say what they think you want to hear in order to get elected. We are nothing but the working slaves to fund the overlords.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I agree that the vetting is a problem. They do go out and vote contrary to the claimed beliefs and values. However, there is clearly a bigger problem on the “left,” and it could be the same on the “right:” the focus on the enemy rather than on “our” party.

In democratic politics, the emphasis in speech-making and in friendly discussion is almost always on the “bad guys:” the evil greedy republicans. This is a communist tactic to get people to accept the “party line” or be accused of not properly hating the enemy. If you do not properly hate the enemy, you get ostracized.

There totally ought to be room in liberal politics for me to be pro-2nd-amendment, as JFK was, or pro-life, as Jesse Jackson and Teddy Kennedy were (before they were lured by the political power in abortion politics). The dems should have ongoing struggle regarding how to address these issues, or should split into factions. But this has not happened. Instead, you get the litmus tests of party loyalty against the enemy.

At the grass roots, things could change by developing groups with clear principles. I saw this in the Gingrich effort and the Tea Party effort.

Dems are not so much for anything as they are against the evil guys. This gets thrown out all the time.

• Eskie Mom says:

I thought I was a democrat once. Blue dog. Maybe the only one who ever voted for Pat Buchanan.
      Once I got away, I realized that every.single. word. that came out of a democrats’ mouth was a lie or a confabulation & every. single. thing. they accused republicans of doing was what they do themselves & not what republicans do at all. Usually, the opposite of what republicans do.

I’m not happy. Now, I stand here with my hat in my hand- no place to go & no one to “represent” me in government. Yes, the communists/ democrats are steadily destroying themselves. I don’t care about that. What I care about is that we’re losing our country & that our way of life- on our own street, in our own town, is becoming a nightmare.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

I agree – a pack of lies. If their lips are moving…that’s why I quit being involved in party politics.

The only authentic sob-story person they have trotted out in decades was that woman who fainted during the Obamacare speech – as I had been doing, I looked her up: she has been a bona-fide advocate and blogger on diabetes for a couple years before that event. The sad part is: they had to fly her in from the west coast just to have a person who might legitimately be helped by Obamacare.

18. Dems B. Dcvrs says:

“Take the model of UKIP and form a 3rd party asap.”

First we would have to form a second party, being we only have a One party system.
    Democrat Party = Socialists, Communists, Progressives, Liberals, Fascists, plus GOP & RNC.

19. texan59 says:

This picture was taken in front of the RNC offices this morning. No surveillance footage is available just yet.

20. Poster says:

I have a better idea. For the people that are hooked on fatalism, and think that we can’t win, or that all conservative office holders are sellouts, or whatever non-logic of the week, just do something. What I’m sick of more than conservative sell-outs is conservative whining. Posting words is easy and painless. Look. I’m doing it now. Why don’t you do something and draw others to what you’ve done? As long as all we do is whine on the internet, nothing changes.

• Gimm says:

Like what genius? vote for the RINO’s again, or some different players who pretend to be conservatives but go full RINO after they are elected? What exactly do you want us to do? We have marched, we have made calls, written letters, sent faxes, made the phone calls, supported people who said they would represent us,follow our laws and Constitution yet here we are.

Now I know exactly what needs to be done but I highly doubt you would be on board with grabbing a pitchfork and torch and marching to Washington DC.

Nothing will be done, things will just continue to get worse until the whole show collapses under its own weight–and we are almost there now.

Here, watch what George Carlin had to say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jQT7_rVxAE

• Pam says:

How insulting that you assume we are whiners and have never “done something.”
      There are many, many Treepers here who have battled long and hard. Many have taken off the rose-colored glasses and had the courage to face the stark, brutal reality. That takes real and gut-wrenching courage and is the opposite of “whining.”

• Josh says:

Besides “posting words”, Poster, what have you done?

21. I can’t hold my nose and vote again.

In 2012 I told my friends and relatives that I was writing in my vote. I got lectured up and down about how writing in was simply a vote for King Barry.

I didn’t support Romney. I take my civic duty to select the best leader for our Country very seriously. If I don’t support the man on the ballot, how can I put a check next to his name in good conscious just because he belongs to a certain party or he “isn’t the other guy”. How have we been reduced to this?

I tend to agree with others that there needs to be other actions taken. We have had rallies, we’ve marched and yelled and held signs. We’ve endured the persecution and demonization by the media and the “other party” and we’ve kept up our war of ideas with zealous passion.

Perhaps focusing on the national level isn’t where we need to be. Perhaps we need to focus on our localities and our state governments. Maybe winning the battles locally will produce the results we need. I for one am VERY happy with our County Sheriff. He is a strict Constitutionalist and when questioned has indicated if the Feds overstep their bounds, he is well aware of his authority and DUTY to protect the citizens of our County. Maybe we need to focus our efforts in those offices.

22. coeurdaleneman says:

Washington DC might seem like an omnipotent entity to most people, but not to me. I think that it is a rotten, corrupt essohbee ripe for the picking. Think: eastern bloc, 1989.

I think that the leadership would be frozen if a band of citizenry would challenge it on its own turf. Something a little bigger than the biker rally in 2013, when the government shutdown froze out WWII vets from their monuments.

There have been a couple of indicators lately. 1. The Bundy ranch standoff where the militarized bureaucrats folded in panic. 2. Ferguson, where militarized urban cops took their spit willingly, as their cowed leaders ducked being seen as confrontational.

I think that if a reasonably sized “protest” march by conservatives on DC materialized, Obama would scurry to Dubai, the K Street shysters would flee to Europe, and the whole Oz facade would crumble in a heartbeat. Righties would experience the identical ecstasy that their Eastern European counterparts experienced as they reveled on top the Berlin Wall.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

No. You would be playing into their hand. You would lose more liberty and they will start tracking you and your friends. You will be pestered more than people have been politically pestered by the IRS.

• Pam says:

Do you not think they have planned for these types of contingencies? Of course they have.

23. Borneo says:

We do need a third party but it needs to be at the national level only. It needs to address the needs of the working class instead of the special interest groups. Call it the Common Ground Party and draw from all those who are hard-working individuals who are dissatisfied with the way they are currently being treated by both Democratic and Republican parties. Leave social and religious issues alone as they can and probably should be addressed at the state level. That way, people can go back to voting their “conscience” as to who shares the most equivalent values as they do on the state and local levels.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

This is an interesting view. However, I believe the argument that we have to have morality as an essential value in government, and democracy. This pragmatic view leads in the wrong direction. Once you start favoring the tax-paying, working middle-class, you start shifting favors to that group and allowing that group to not uphold citizenship as much.

The low-income entitlement groups of today were the lower-middle-class workers of a generation ago. -Note how the food stamp roles have swelled, the disability roles have swelled, etc.

Or maybe explain more about this secular national view that will succeed by ignoring moral issues such as productivity, individual responsibility, private-sector freedom, etc.

• Eskie Mom says:

I agree but it would have to be organized locally, then state or regionally from that (or probably, state, then regional), & finally, nationally.

Think about how politics was before the “golden age” of advertising. And what “political organizing” was like before it became an industry. Looking at the expenditures of a Hillary Clinton or a Mitt Romney or whoever should give us a clue. How much of that is unnecessary & just amounts to a group of people making “work” for one another; washing one another’s backs & promoting themselves & their agenda by sheer momentum? Getting their way practically by force. All of these people are leeches, in some way even worse than the entitled, at the trough of tax payer largesse.

I personally feel like Job One should be clearing Washington DC of every government employee above the level of janitor or cafeteria lady. Also every quasi-governmental organization like lobbyists, foundations, & “NGOs”. Cut. Out. The Cancer. All of it. The states could manage the things that have to get done until a new federal government could be formed.

Job Two should be to throw out every law, regulation, & bureaucracy that has been formed since the original Constitution was written. Surely, people have sense enough, as individuals, to support the things they agree with & shun the things they don’t. And that should be their right (liberty & the pursuit of happiness).

“We” have made such a damned mess that we need to throw everything out but the Constitution & start from scratch. With the benefit of hindsight this time.

I am pro-secession. If the left wants to have their enclave, let them. God Bless (though that is, imo, sheer blasphemy) As long as they are self funding & do not molest the rest of us IN ANY WAY, I don’t care. Should they foray into conservative territory, they take their life into their own hands. If it turns out that the areas they wish to inhabit do not wish to accommodate them, well I guess they have a problem, don’t they? I doubt anyone will take issue if they want California, NY City, or Detroit.

There are many sheriffs & military/ former military who could help with such an endeavor. People who see what’s gone wrong & is wrong, within their areas of expertise.
      These are just my thoughts, off the top of my head. Your mileage will, naturally, vary.

24. Paul H. Lemmen says:

Reblogged this on A Conservative Christian Man.

25. czarowniczy says:

I look at it having become a huge puppet show – DemocRATic puppet on the left hand, Republican on the right. Everyone’s being told to look at the puppets but ignore the persons behind the curtains with their hands up the puppets’ butts.
    With a DemocRAT in office we all get some crumbs, the Left gets a few more; with the Republicans in office the right gets a few more but the vast majority of us get enough to keep on movin’ on and that’s about it. We had red and blue at the helm in 2008 (I’m not going to argue about the date) and whose ships were sunk? How many Republican or DemovRATic mover/shaker fortunes went under? How many banks and auto firms were bailed out by OUR $$$ through bills created and passed by both parties paid for by OUR taxes? We had none other than Barney Frank, hero of the efeminatti and Left in general, skipping over the aisle to create one of the biggest bank giveaway bills just before he conveniently and comfortably retired. There’s a hero of the working cl ass.
    We tried a 3rd party – remember Ralph Nader? Problem is that all they do is drag away the less dedicated, the wafflers, from both parties. Nader dragged some of the Left from the DemocRATS but very, very few Republicans. If we had a reverse Nader I’m betting that you’d further split the Republicans without gaining enough bodies to create an effective 3rd party, the two older parties would spend much of their time wooing the 3rd and trying to form coalitions – look at much of Europe. The Tea Party sort of tried that but they realized that their only hope was to work within the Republicans, they just could attract enough support without the Republican masses, such that they are. Anyone think that without their Republican hosts they’d have scored as many Congressional seat, directly or indirectly, as they did?
    If the conservatives can’t keep their own house/party in order than what makes anyone think that going out and buying a new one will work? How long before special interests trash that one while they’re out watching American Idol and mass-consuming at Walmart? The party’s still here and, if the people in it who are PO’d can’t work up the steam to stomp in and cleanse the temple, doing it all over again and expecting a different result ain’t gonna work.
    It’s a process – we let the Republican party be stolen by special interests and the only reasonable and viable expectation is to take it back. I have been banging around the Republican party of two states over the last 30 years and making a dent in the Old Boy’s Club, where they think of their mouthbreathing supporters for a few months before election time only, is hard. The Tea party’s a constant bother to the Big Boys though, termites in their temple, and it looks as if the Tea Party is about the only thing that even comes close to being a threat to the status quo. I believe that if conservatives can get into and focus Tea Party activities (including the silly displays the Left and the entrenched Republican leadership love to see the press harp on) we may have a chance to change course. Then again, if past is prologue…

26. Brett says:

Between the delusional democrats, who will always vote ‘commie’, and the republicans, who will always hold on to the belief that, like Anne Coulter, ‘a bad republican is better than any democrat’, where do we turn to for a viable alternative? Seriously, I have renounced my affiliation with the republicans and am looking for direction…

27. Coast says:

I don’t agree that Bush/Clinton will be the GOP/DNC party choices. Both are nothing but political vomit.

28. crazy says:

The first step in returning the Republican party to one you want is JEB’s defeat in the primaries. That’s not going to be done with a dozen challengers each favored by minority factions it can only be done by a credible alternative a majority can unite behind. I don’t know who that’s going to be since none of the usual suspects shows any ability to attract support outside of his own base. The third party route will be no more successful than the 26-man rebellion against Boehner. Boehner’s speaker today because no one else the caucus was willing to follow stepped forward. JEB’s not going to be President. W took his chance away from him. The question is whether someone who can pull the Republican party back together will run against him. JEB’s counting on a divided opposition. Let’s hope he doesn’t get it.

• I don’t see Jeb Bush becoming the nominee and I’m, frankly, offended that he believes he has a shot. If he didn’t get the message from Conservatives after his support, and outright pushing, of Common Core, then he is dumber than I thought.

29. angie says:

Any Republican, Jeb Bush, who says he will in any way be like LBJ, is not a Republican. The GOP has been co-opted.
    I’m so furious with Boehner and that &%^O, McConnel, that I need to stay away from these threads.
    Pray.

30. Attorney says:

If Bush is the candidate I might even vote for Hillary. Both are socialists. Might as well have Hillary take the blame for what is coming.

The notion that Bush is even being taken seriously as a candidate is mind numbing.

31. Pam says:

Sundance, I’d like to thank you for posting this, along with your comments. I have waited a long, long time to see someone who has a forum and someone I respect to open up these ideas in a solid, meaningful way. Because of the caliber of people who populate these branches, my hope is that the good people here can pool their brainpower for whatever may be needed in the days ahead.

32. I left the Republican Party 10 years ago. I vote on principles, when I can, otherwise, I vote for the lesser of two evils.

Starting a political party, that is considered a viable option, is one of the hardest things to do in politics. I’ve heard that from over a dozen lawyers that work, or have worked, within a political party system. All of them have said that it is inifinitely easier to work from within to change the party.

Where I have no experience, I rely on the expertise of others, in the hopes that there is no ulterior motive. And, based on the political parties that have sprouted up, it is clear that it is easy to start a political party, but near impossible to become viable.

There are over 30 political parties in the U.S. There are only five, that I can think of, that would be considered “major”, the Republican, Democratic, Libertarian, Green, and Constitution Parties. But even those three outside of the Republican and Democratic Parties barely have any viability at all. It’s been over 40 years for the Libertarian Party and they have yet to get anything more than a few seats here or there.

33. McGuffin says:

Gone is the high from the Nov mid term election landslide victory

34. fred says:

I watched as long as I could and listened to lies and betrayal a lot like an old girlfriend. I’ll never cheat again I promise Ilove you we can start over. The very next day cheating with the neighbor and lying and stealing money. Finall though it was hard I kicked her out. It took a while but I found another who was good as I learned from my mistakes. I left the GOP as well 3 months ago and same I feel so much better. I will just sit home in 2016 as I can’t plug my nose that hard to vote for Bush and listen to Boehner for more second.

35. TwoLaine says:

Someone I would like to see in the WH is Dr. Tom Coburn, who just retired from Congress, aka Mr. Wastebook. Unfortunately it won’t happen, most likely for health reasons, unless he ends up on a Really Good Presidential Admin Team.

Good news is that he is going to work on pushing for the Convention of States now that he has retired. I think that is our only hope and it is finally gathering steam fast!

36. stella says:

Repeal of the 17th amendment would be a good start.

37. Lou Lou says:

So is Boner a person of color now ? ( orange)

38. rather than a 3rd party, purge the republican party of all progressives (communists), socialists, RINO’s, moderates, independents – if our members voting records aren’t fiscally and socially cocnservative, they belong elsewhere and NOT in the GOP.

• smarty says:

That is extremely difficult. We are going up against establishment. They are well funded and more interested in attacking and destroying tea party and conservatives than democrats.
      This is what the tea party has been attempting to do since 2009 and the burnout is very high.
      The cromnibus aided the lobbyists who fund establishment campaigns. We are so up against the wall.
      I understand that a third party is not really viable. But the flight of voters from the GOP is now unstoppable thanks to the naked corruption and open support of Obama. The level of rage and disgust by voters is the worst ever. People are fearful and have zero faith in our government or leaders. I guess the GOP is going to have to die. The sooner the better. The only course of action in my opinion is for us to solidify power at the state level. And to try and gather as many libertarian and social conservatives together using federalism and belief in CORE values we all share: limited government, free enterprise and fiscal responsibility. This is what the tea party is all about. Then if we can hopefully take back the country.

39. elvischupacabra says:

The “money quote” from the article:

“The GOP’s actions today (combined with actually suggesting Jeb Bush as a Presidential candidate, pushing for Amnesty, the list goes on and on..), with refusing to vote out Progressive John Boehner as Speaker of the House, and then immediately taking revenge upon the few Republicans who actually listened to the wishes of the people, has told me what I’ve already known for a long time but was afraid to admit.”

Nothing says Pelosi = Boehner like this paragraph!!

40. Herlock Solmes says:

I find all the arguing between Republicans and Democrats fatuous and inconsequential. Both parties are two sides of the same coin. The Republicans, understanding that America is no longer America, are moving left just to appease the new voting block of America. The Democrats are further left, of course, but ultimately neither of them care about anything but the immigrant vote.

We can blame all of this on our ancestors’ failures after WWII to get the communist sympathizers in America under control. They didn’t and now we are paying dearly for it.

41. boudicabpi says:

Reblogged this on BPI reblog and commented:
    The Republican Party is Done….