suspected-moonbat(Via Red Alert) Following the model set at several law schools, students at Oberlin College are pleading for leniency during final exams and the final grading period this fall semester in light of the grand jury decisions in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases and the shooting of Tamir Rice.

A petition has been circling around the school community President Marvin Krislov to suspend the standard grading system because students of color, especially black students, are at risk of failing.

“I would really like to see the normal grading system suspended for this semester and replaced with a no-fail mercy period. Administrators should require professors to exercise complete flexibility in what students are saying they can produce academically. Require that every professor listen to what their students are saying and if that means rather than writing a paper students instead meet with their professor to simply discuss in groups their paper topics or if tests are taken collectively with professors there are ways to make sure we are learning what we are supposed to be learning in ways that are not so taxing in times like this,” the petition reads.

“Students in this moment should have complete access to alternative modes of learning while we process what’s happening. Basically, no student especially black students and students of color should be failing a class this semester. A ‘C’ should be the lowest grade students can receive this semester. Professors should be required to work with students, who would otherwise be at risk of failing, to create alternate means of accessing knowledge.”

The petition has garnered more than 1,300 signatures, according to The Oberlin Review. (read more)

Moonbatty Progs - Just One More Typical Example of Progdom Hypocrisy

update-1Oberlin Denies Their Demands Students Shout Racism – Oberlin College is refusing to void any failing grades this semester despite demands from students who skipped classes and missed study time to protest the Ferguson, Tamir Rice and Eric Garner cases. A student petition, signed by more than 1,300, demanded for the college to institute a “no-fail mercy period” that would eliminate all failing grades and make a C the lowest possible grade a student could receive.

President Marvin Krislov responded with an email to students on Sunday, saying he and the college’s deans decided not to grant the request after giving it serious consideration.

“We are in firm agreement that suspending grading protocols is not the way to achieve our shared goal of ensuring that students have every opportunity and resource to succeed,” he wrote.  (read more)

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Conspiracy ?, CRS, Cultural Marxism, Culture, Education, Occupy Type Moonbats, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Racism. Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to Collegiate Moonbattery – Oberlin College Students Demand Black Students Be Exempt From Failing Because of Mike Brown/Eric Garner Deaths and Black Student Trauma..

1. Jeff Traube says:

I wonder if students were allowed slack in the wake of the OJ Simpson trial.

2. Nick says:

hahaha protest for a false cause, suffer the consequenses. It’s this whole entitlement attitude being pushed. Not only are we entitled to free healthcare (though not free), affirmative action, welfare, housing, bottled water from a private business (Google this), but now free grades! Just another notch in down hill direction scale for this country.

• Bill says:

IMHO those that would take advantage of this opportunity, it’d be best to let them just skip actually going to the campus and immediately give them the college diploma of their choice.

• chuckles49 says:

I thought they did that already.. At least that was my experience during college. Most of them could barely read, and their writings were undecipherable for the majority of professors. Amazingly though, they all passed with A’s and B’s!

3. Jeff Traube says:

There are two superb reactions to PC, an article in Michigan entitled ‘Do the left thing’, and a video about sensitivity training for NYFD. Check out the links http://www.michiganreview.com/do-the-left-thing/ & http://www.michiganreview.com/do-the-left-thing/

4. jello333 says:

Oh GROW UP… bunch of whiny little entitled babies. Makes me sick. And the students who AREN’T of that ilk need to stand up and be counted. My wife and my sons are like me, left-leaning on many issues, but even them, when I told them about the Columbia Law garbage… they just laughed and said pretty much what I just said… “poor little insecure babies.” Can’t wait to tell them about THIS. 😉

• Attorney says:

And get this . . . these people are first up in the affirmative action lottery, as females – and blacks – and will soon have first shot at many of the jobs that carry a high level of responsibility. I have seen this repeatedly. And they perform like one would expect, but cannot be fired, and hardly even disciplined, without a lawsuit.

• Col.(R)Ken says:

Right you are, they are first up, on all lists, that’s why I completed my undergraduate, and stayed in the Army. Took the test for PSP in ’73, scored 90%, cut off for whites 95%, ’74 scored 94 cutoff for whites 98%.
        Now, if you sit on a DA promotion board, you must follow the racial guidelines, each race is given a percentage.

5. Murse says:

The problem with white progressives is that they think their sense of righteous superiority is some kind of a super-hero quality that shields them from the oppressed they identify with. In reality, their ideology is nothing more than some kind an “eat me last” syndrome.

(paraphrasing a poster at Takimag.com)

6. James F says:

The progressive’s bigotry of low expectations strikes again!

7. JudgyOnAWebsite says:

Aww, the poor lil’ dears! How deliberately MEAN of that college! Obviously, it must be Privileged Whites in charge if they fail to comprehend how automatically paralyzing it is when people you don’t know and have never met are taken away from you so soon! And THEN it turns out sometimes the world is unfair, or people might not agree w/ you! How can anyone be expected to, y’know…..STUDY, when it’s clearly so much more productive to protest? There are marches to attend, anti-cop chants to learn, and how will anyone even KNOW you’re protesting if you don’t constantly post Selfies??

These deeply sensitive Special Snowflakes ought to be allowed to just turn in finger-paintings, macaroni artwork or clay sculptures of what they think Democracy Should Look Like.

(Can we still say “snowflake”? ).

8. stella says:

Oberlin is the most liberal college in the United States, arguably. At least the request was denied; somebody is still thinking.

• Tkim says:

That and Goddard. I read one of their pamphlets as a high school senior and nearly ran to church to detox.

• art tart says:

stella ~ you are so right, this “most liberal college” just happened to make news only weeks ago, this is Lena Dunham’s Alma mater. Remember the stink Lena caused only weeks ago accusing Barry One of being “a disc jokey/& republican that raped her” when she was only 19 yrs. old attending college there?

From Wiki:
      “Dunham graduated in 2008 from Oberlin College, where she studied creative writing.”

Seems those attending are still trying to be “creative” like Lena, but they were at least denied/held accountable by Oberlin as you stated.

9. Holly says:

Lena Dunham is a 2008 Oberlin grad.

• art tart says:

Holly ~ sorry, I hadn’t gotten as far as your comment when I responded to Stella.

LOL, I too was laughing about Lena Dunham being spawned as a graduate from Oberlin & not surprised by her liberal ideas & detachment from reality as her failure to willingly take responsibility for her own actions in the “Barry One” debacle, she ONLY made a half hearted apology when she was held accountable by attorney’s, that is, Barry One’s attorney’s. (Random House did pay ALL of Barry One’s attorney fees as well as making corrections to future printings of the book)

10. Rob Crawford says:

They really should implement a “no mercy, fail” policy instead. When I was in school, we called that “junior year”.

11. texan59 says:

I hope that Bill Ayers and his crew are embarrassed by what they’ve spawned on college campii around this great Country. These trophy collecting, ribbon wearing kids are pathetic. 😈

12. libby says:

“I can’t think” should be their motto

13. the last surviving centrist says:

Here’s one case where, as a Somewhat Progressive chastened by experience, I want to throw the book at the brats who came up with this idiotic petition.

Look, kiddies: the first lesson good parents teach is the lesson the Left has been insisting on–and quite rightly–in the Michael Brown and Eric Garner decisions: accountability. Take responsibility for your actions. This is true regardless of which side of the thin blue line you walk. Take responsibility for the choices you make. You knew the rules. You made a choice, as did your classmates of color, to take time away from classes to attend protests. Great! That’s a choice I respect. Now stand tall and proud and accept the consequences of your actions. Some things are worth suffering a grade of F for.

For God’s sake, think about what happened to the marchers on the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma. Think of the beatings Bob Moses took during Freedom Summer. Those actions made a DIFFERENCE. But they had consequences. People got beaten up; some civil rights workers got killed. Those consequences were not welcome, but they were part of the deal–and they helped change the course of history. (Actually, while you’re at it, ask Bob Moses what he thinks of your idea. I’d be amazed if he supports it.)

Choose your actions wisely, and accept the consequences. Civil disobedience is a crucial element of your American citizenship. But it has consequences. Flunk out with honor; allow your classmates to do the same. Above all, don’t patronize your classmates of color as you’re doing.

Awake, arise, or be forever fallen.

• 7delta says:

I used to lean slightly to the left on some issues or thought I did. After spending a number of years researching and studying the political philosophies that influenced and founded this country and the ones to invade our shores, I discovered classical liberalism and what we call liberal/ progressivism are mortal enemies, in almost all cases. Where they seem to intersect can be defined according to motivation and the reality of desired outcome.

It’s just that most people, all along the political spectrum, think or assume things about their side that, in reality, doesn’t fit with the core philosophy or true agenda they have mistakenly identified with. I would include most liberal/progressive professors in this category, as well. What they’re advocating is not what they think it is. There are some, I think, that know and know they’re deceiving students for their cause. Their mistake is in believing they’ll be important when their goal is achieved.

What we call conservativism today also suffers from some mistaken identity too, but I will give credit to most conservatives for being able to recognize the dissonance when they see it better than the other side of the debate. Despite the low-sloping forehead, Bible-believing, gun-totin’ bitter clinger image constructed to discredit them, I find conservatives more intellectually curious and willing to look at both sides of an argument, as well as willing to allow people to determine their own path, within principled legal reason, than the dogmatic progressivism that views everyone, other than themselves, of course, as too stupid to keep up.

At the time of the founding of this country, the average farmer was better educated, more knowledgeable and more capable to critically examine the world than the entire faculty in most of these institutions of higher learning put together. Heck, read some of the writings of free blacks from that era. They were, in many instances, the average farmer, but they were also judges, doctors, ministers, lawyers, shopkeepers, teachers, etc. I would pay–twice–to see Frederick Douglas debate Jonathan Gruber. I’m pretty sure Gruber would need to be excused because of emotional trauma within the first five minutes.

IMO, what we’re seeing in these colleges and university just looks liberal on the surface, because the word has been hijacked, but progressive? Oh yes, indeedy. It is, and it ain’t about liberal thought or about education or about preparing students to function in a real world with real consequences, as you rightfully point out.

You are also absolutely correct that these poor souls are paying through the nose to be educated on how to be emotional, not about how to be responsible educated adults who, by living as responsible educated adults, would insure all the wrongs they think they perceive would be nearly eliminated.

If our power grid were to ever be attacked or lost for any length of time, they will be the first to succumb by every means available. Again, you’re dead on. They wouldn’t have made it across the bridge at Selma or five miles down the road in a covered wagon or through a winter without central heat and an organic grocery store on the corner. Feelings and snappy protest signs are useless when the rubber meets the road.

Fortunately, our future does not depend on them. They will be, and are, the first casualties of what they have been taught and support, including their arrogant, pied-piper professors. They are the star candidates for the Darwin Award.

• 7delta says:

BTW, I know Frederick Douglas was not alive during the founding, but is Civil War era. I should have noted that. I chose him because of his life’s journey into true freedom.

14. BertDilbert says:

If they were successful at this then next time around they would be going for grades being excused for anyone not having time to stop at Starbucks on exam day. In the end, the Mike Brown Incident never actually happened. It was just a thug playing suicide by cop. Mike put his life on the line when he attacked the cop at his vehicle and got shot. Anyone with an ounce of brain would realize you do not approach an officer with a gun pointed at you unless you have a death wish. Mike Brown ended his life by his own choosing.

• How DARE you say something that actually makes sense and doesn’t fit the mainstream media narrative! Shame on you. This is ALLL about race and has nothing to do with a guy assaulting a store owner and then attempting to grab a police officer’s weapon. smile

15. Dean says:

American college campuses (especially private institutions) have evolved into fascist organizations. Common sense is thrown out the window and this is a prime example.

• Things may have changed in 20 years. But I found the public institutions were much worse than the private ones. I attended a public university and the students AND the profs there were nut jobs. After 2 years there I transferred to private university. I received a much better education, the profs were available and not pushing an agenda as much as teaching critical thinking…..lots of common sense there. Not so much at the Big 10 public university lol

16. John Galt says:

Stop the libtard college affirmative action farce. Just issue special libtard studies diplomas to everybody that wants one and save the student loan bailouts.

• the last surviving centrist says:

If you entered my college classroom spouting words like “libtard,” I’d ask you what you were doing in a college classroom. That’s the language of know-nothingism. I’m sure it makes you feel good–heck, we’ve all got phrases like that–but I prefer the language of thoughful, reasoned analysis.

• jello333 says:

If it’s the “tard” part of it, I can understand. Even though I’m WAY over most politically correct stuff, I still have kind of an issue calling people “retarded”. Mainly because it comes across as a real putdown of people who ARE mentally handicapped (“retarded”)… and such people have already been dealt such a terrible hand in life that they don’t need any more problems.

But as far as the “lib” on the front of it…. I really no longer have any problem with making fun of the average liberal. And if you’ve been noting some of my comments, you’ll see that I have a lot of liberal views. Although I’m beginning to think it may be more along the lines of “classical” liberalism. I don’t agree with a lot of the conservative views either, although over the past few years (esp. here at the Treehouse) I’ve come to realize nearly everything I’d been led to believe about conservatives is a LIE. At the same time, I’ve come to realize that before this, by surrounding myself with mostly liberal friends, I had swallowed the propaganda. Not just that “conservatives are bad”… but that “liberals are good.” I know it should be considered on a case-by-case basis, but it’s become obvious that on some issues, liberals are ANYTHING but “good”!

Look at the Zimmerman/Martin case, and now the Mike Brown case. Not all conservatives were on the right side of those, but about 95% of liberals were on the WRONG side. Tons and tons of evidence to PROVE they were wrong, but that didn’t matter. I could go on for an hour as to WHY I think that is going on, but I’ll just leave it at that for now. So basically, to the extent I still consider myself a “liberal”, more often than not I’m ASHAMED to admit that.

• my66 says:

A “liberal” is a White kid in community college, circa 1989, whose mind is opened to wondrous world histories & cultures by “professors” more interested in “Progressive” politics than Plato’s Republic.

If said “liberal” kid is able to keep his mind open enough, he soon “learns” that the ills of society(any/all societies) are the faults of those that, while never named, quite resemble his increasingly skeptical self. [YET WHAT HAS HE DONE?]

Young, impressionable people being taught by haughty White “professors” to have “guilt by association” with the “dominant class” are suckered into bogus class-consciousness where they are, inherently, at fault. A realization upon which said “liberal” kid — noticing blatant contradictions, obfuscations & plain, old, faulty logic — wakes up & smells the “Progressive” dung.

• John Galt says:

“If you entered my college classroom spouting words like “libtard,” I’d ask you what you were doing in a college classroom.”

I avoided libtard colleges infested with libtards like you and obtained college degrees in business, mechanical engineering and law, all while working, all self-paid, and all without student loans or other government assistance.

17. Akela says:

Breaking!!! As a compromise to the current demands made by demonstrating and PTSD students over the recent deaths of criminal negros, Oberlin College has agreed to NOT require final exams to be written in cursive

18. jim says:

There is hope for the future. My personal experience is so radically different from this article that I am convinced we are too easily persuaded by the news of the day.
    In 2013 I decided to go back to college to pursue an education in music. A major that would typically be stereotyped as liberal. The professors were tough without an ounce of political correctness. Most of the students were incredibly talented, they worked, practiced and studied hard. Almost everyone was prepared everyday for a rigorous performance before the class. Classes started at 8AM and students were in the practice rooms and music lab well before that. Many were still there late into the night.
    The most surprising thing, is that even though I was more than 40 years older than most of them, they accepted me because I worked hard too. Accepted not in a superficial way but as a real team member and player. One even wrote me a bagatelle. The most beautiful gift I’ve ever been given.

19. MTeresa says:

I honestly don’t worry about students like this……..if and when they graduate, they’re going to have a hard time finding work out in the real world with bogus degrees like Women’s Studies and BS like that (like you see a lot of help wanted ads for that). Hopefully, once out in the real world, these adults will come to realize they’ve been deceived by liberal colleges and the advisors who steered them to take some of these useless classes. I’m frankly shocked that the dean didn’t go along with it. Bravo.

20. kc10lvr says:

Ya know, if we had an attack similar to 9/11 around finals, I might find an ounce of understanding. Idolizing the death of a thug, who happened to get world-wide attention…not so much. I was serving at McGuire AFB on that horrific day. No days off for weeks to truly process and even grieve what had happened. My children, who were attending school on the boundries of Ft. Dix, continued going to school, just like all other children. Are we now turning into a society that is so aggrieved by one thing or another, we need to hide in a corner, in a fetal position, begging for time to lick our perceived wounds? These students need to grow up…and fast!

• JT says:

I was in college in Houston in the fall of 2001 and had to attend class on 9/11. None of my profs cancelled and I had a big project due for one class (he didn’t allow any exceptions. Those that missed class on 9/11, failed the project). People were paranoid that Houston might get attacked due to the energy companies and having one of the busiest ports in the world. I dropped off my project and walked out. We got no special treatment for 9/11 and most of my profs didn’t even want to talk about it.

• art tart says:

yup ~ At LSU Baton Rouge, my Alma marter, I had a professor that stated there were only 3 acceptable excuses w/documentation: (1) being in the hospital,, (2) being in jail or (3) death of a parent..

21. cp says:

A no fail, mercy period??? In the real adult world, there is no such thing. Grow the heck up! SMH

22. Tkim says:

They’re using two widely publicized deaths as an excuse to sit home and smoke pot. We have another 9/11 type attack and they can use that as an excuse to try heroin.

They use the current BGI memes, but these types are just looking for an excuse to have life 100% orchestrated their way. They worship themselves, believe like toddlers that the entire world consists of whatever is within arms reach.

When my great grandfather was about twenty he was working delivering milk in the wee hours, and one day the milk truck got a flat tire in a driving thunderstorm. The jack slipped and the truck severed his hands nearly to the bone. He found some wire in the truck, “stitched” up his hands, and made his deliveries. After work he went to the doctor to clean and suture his wounds.

There was no blame. There was no lawsuit. Life came at you, and you dealt. No matter what, you deliver that milk, or the boss would quickly find a man who could.

The Influenza epidemic, and the Dust Bowl and the Depression may be mere events in contrast to what may lie ahead for Americans. Hope our major crises don’t ever affect the grid or the Internet. As the country burns the brave young Millennials will do what countless generations of steadfast citizens have never done in the face of desolation and anarchy: they’ll blog their little hearts out.

23. Sam says:

COo coo for cocoa puffs.

24. whodoneit says:

And the moral of the story would have been what? – Don’t hire a black lawyer with an Oberlin College diploma on their wall.

• I don’t think I’d ever hire an Oberlin College graduate at all. They are woefully ignorant. They petitioned the administrators to require professors to exercise flexibility. Are they not aware that the professors are the university. Administrators do not have the power to require any grading flexibility.

• chuckles49 says:

I wonder if this guy is an Oberlin graduate..

25. polk8dot says:

Oh, but for the spoils of the communist paradise…..

I wonder if the lib/prog agenda hustlers will ever realize the danger of self-extinction inherent in their prevailing attitudes and oh, so progressive demands. This here is a very slippery slope, and the further they travel down, the faster they will go. Here is my blow-by-blow account of what they are about to wring upon themselves.
    1. Cancel all finals for non-whites, because ‘the black student especially, are not able to pass and in general to keep up’.
    2. Cancel all finals, period, for the same reason.
    3. Cancel any requirement of any work needing to be done to graduate with a college degree or high school diploma.
    4. Stop bothering the youth with our outdated concepts of education, work, accomplishment, as they only promote disparity, angst and unhappiness.
    5. Close all learning institutions – if you’re not going to require they actually teach something, what’s the point of keeping them open?
    6. In order to fulfill the ‘total intellectual equality’ dream, along with a birth certificate, award each newborn with a college degree – field to be determined and filled in later.
    7. Eliminate chores, duties, and personal responsibility as highly inflammatory constructs, and very detrimental to the ‘free spirit’ psyche model for child rearing.
    8. Accept the futility of advancement seeking – everyone has to be equally well off, equally rich, equally famous.
    9. Ban the concept of work as it only promotes economic and social disparity.
    10. Institute equal pay for every single person, for no work at all – declare it a birthright and a natural right that everybody starts drawing a paycheck on the day of their birth.
    11. Ensure everyone is equally famous by a non-stop projection of everybody’s lives on mega screens lining every street, road, lane and wilderness trail.
    12. Provide free drugs and other consciousness altering substances – the stupider everybody is, the less chance for them to realize that very fact.
    13. Sit back and admire your handiwork.

Congratulations, comrade! You’ve now created a state sponsored, communist, waking dream wherein everybody and everything is finally equal, measured and adjusted down to the common lowest denominator in order to banish any hint of disparity and individuality. Welcome, and Hail the Emperor, Barry the Last!

I suspect that, generally speaking, to those who’ve come of age in the last Millennium this is a picture of a living nightmare, but to the ‘Millennials’ – it’s the sweetest, dearest, most desired, eagerly anticipated and vehemently promoted earthly paradise.

You can’t impart your own experiences and knowledge onto others, especially those furiously resistant to your influence. You can only leave them alone to collect their own scrapes and bruises, and hope they’ll come over to your side eventually.

Thus it will come to pass – be careful what you wish for cause you may just get it. Here is your dream come true, Millennials. Enjoy!
    ………….
    And the cries and whining start in …3…..2……

• Murse says:

“Eliminate chores, duties, and personal responsibility as highly inflammatory constructs, and very detrimental to the ‘free spirit’ psyche model for child rearing.”

That doesn’t seem to work out well when these leftist groups gather and camp together during demonstrations. Social cohesion breaks down as soon as others start shitting behind your tent.

26. Did any significant event take place when Crump was in law school? Could this be how he passed the bar? (Sorry, couldn’t resist!)

27. Mr. Izz says:

So… is the underlying message here that a lot of black students are failing classes in college? Or am I reading between the lines too much?

28. EnterTheDragon says:

Right now is the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge. http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/battle-of-the-bulge

These grand- and great-grandchildren don’t even have the courage to study and sit for tests?

29. art tart says:

imo, there is no comparison except they were both black/both are dead for different reasons. NY controller is already talking “settlement” w/the Garner family, the Garner family has prepared for the case to be filed but it has not been filed yet, & the city wants to head off a trial, excessive legal fees, etc. for a case they will certainly pay into the millions for. Garner’s family. Pantelo will likely be fired after the internal affairs review as Chief of Police Bratton has stated: “it’s not likely Pantelo will return to duty.” Besides being Pantelo’s 4th Civil Suit in his 6-7 yr. career, this case has nothing to w/Big Mike’s, a justified killing in self defense by Officer Wilson. imo, there will not likely even be a Civil Suit in Big Mike’s case for the same reason Tracy/Sybrina didn’t bother suing GZ, it’s not a winnable Civil Case for both thugs being the aggressor in both cases.

• Of course the family wants a big payout. Didn’t Garner have six kids?

Look at it this way – maybe the family will get off welfare.

• art tart says:

stella dallas ~ Garner did have 6 kids//countless grand kids. The previous choke hold death was settled for millions upon millions of dollars, I think I read 7 million, but that was 20 yrs. ago & prompted the policy to change for NY LE Policy to read, “no obstruction to breathing.”

Since 35,000 NY LE Officers are going to be retrained over this death, it’s just a matter of how many millions the family will receive. I think Garner’s death will prompt positive change as 10 officers involved in an arrest for a crime of selling loose cigs & the fact is, they found NONE on Garner! Yes, his family will be off welfare, forever.

• Goofey says:

“the fact is, they found NONE ….!” Wrong! He was suspected of selling loosies and caught with four full and a partial pack of newports. And since he was on welfare that would mean he paid for them how?

A police source said cops found four full packs and one partial pack of Newports on Garner, who had a long history of selling untaxed cigarettes.

At the time of his death, Garner was out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession and false impersonation.

Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny.

Garner was such a nice guy as evidenced by the video and his criminal past another gentle giant.

• art tart says:

So what? “Suspected” is just that, he was NOT CAUGHT in the act of selling cigarettes regardless of how many times he had been arrested in the past. Eric Garner didn’t deserve to die in the opinion of most people, I have read several times no cigs were found, but even if he had a couple on him, he WASN’T caught selling them. Had there NOT been the video, Panteleo would have been successful in sweeping this under the rug. Whether Garner was on welfare is not an argument in this case. Have you seen the extended video of Panteleo waving to the person taking the video. What an idiot.

What’s next in the Eric Garner Case?” (excerpt on what Panteleo can expect from Internal Affairs, that investigation is under way now)

Police Department discipline. Officer Pantaleo, as well as other officers involved in the case, may still face departmental charges that could result in dismissal. Unlike cases in criminal court or in the federal system, the aim of a police disciplinary proceeding is to determine whether officers violated internal guidelines or rules, from smaller issues like failing to fill out paperwork to significant matters like an unwarranted use of deadly force. The Internal Affairs Bureau investigates questions of wrongdoing and, if found, departmental charges are presented in an internal trial room.

No one is saying that Eric Garner was legally correct to have sold loose cigs in the past or even having been arrested 30 times in the past, the argument is: Was there excessive force used & did Garner have to die as a result of 10 police officers & 4 inept paramedics that remain on suspension without pay causing his death? The very few I have read that support Panteleo, are LE or Police Unions, Panteleo isn’t even supported by the Chief of Police in NY!

jello333 says:
              December 17, 2014 at 8:19 pm

“You’re not saying, are you, that there’s any serious similarities between the actions of Brown and Garner? Or similarities in the level of danger Wilson and the Garner cops were in at the time?”

Similarities

1. Both Brown and Garner considered themselves above the law.
              2. Both became aggressive when questioned by officer/s.
              3. Both forcefully resisted arrest.
              4. Both became a danger because of their forceful aggression and size.
              5. Both had to be forcefully subdued because of their aggression which primarily led to their death.
              6. Both had a meme for cause of death: ‘Hands Up! Don’t Shoot!’ And ‘I can’t Breathe!’
              7. Both memes were proven false per autopsy evidence.
              8. Both Wilson and Pantaleo performed their duty and relied on their training.
              9. Both Wilson and Pantaleo were cleared by Grand Jury.

“One Punch Homicide” …through his research he found approximately 280 cases and he knows there are many more that may not get media attention.

• jello333 says:

Thanks, but I disagree with some of the assertions… not about Brown, of course, but about Garner (and the cops involved with him). But also thanks for the link about that documentary, I’m definitely gonna check it out.

• Goofey says:

Oops how did that happen it posted wrong sorry

• Goofey says:

“Pantelo will likely be fired after the internal affairs review as Chief of Police Bratton has stated: “it’s not likely Pantelo will return to duty.” Besides being Pantelo’s 4th Civil Suit in his 6-7 yr. career..”

If they do terminate Pantelo, I hope he sues for wrongful termination. No one should lose their job because they perform their duty and follow their training!

“It irks me to death that the scumbag family of Big Mike as well as the morons that support them & didn’t bother even reading the evidence/facts have attached their case to Eric Garner’s case.”

I feel the same way about scumbags who support Pantelo be fired and didn’t bother even reading the evidence/facts.

• art tart says:

Goofey ~ Pantelo will be judged by his peers in internal affairs, Pantelo has had 4 Civil Suits, 2 which have been paid out as Pantelo was negligent, 1 pending for strip searching someone in broad day light but the suspect was released, & Garner’s Civil Suit which will settle into the millions. Judge Napolitano thinks the DOJ will/should bring charges against Paneleo for “excessive force.”

I read all the information on Pantelo & researched his background since the day Garner died. He was on the force the same length of time as Officer Wilson YET his history is over shadowed by his own department having to pay monetary Civil Judgements for his screw ups/poor judgement/behavior. Pantelo is clearly no Officer Wilson who had no Civil Judgements against him & was an outstanding officer. The same cannot be said for Pantelo, his own record speaks for itself.. Pantelo won’t win in a Civil Case as they are already trying to settle it, & imo, Pantelo would not win in a wrongful termination should he be terminated.

It was Chief of Police Bratton that stated it “looked like a choke hold, & that Panteleo would not likely be returned to duty.” It is Chief of Police Bratton’s decision to retrain 35,000 NY LE Officers at taxpayer expense because of Panteleo’s actions obstructing the breathing of Garner yet Garner begged to breathe. It will be the taxpayers that will pay for Panteleo’s actions, yet again. Though I always support LE, this time, I don’t support Panteleo nor do I have sympathy for him due to his behavior/actions/poor judgement. I respect you feel differently.

• Gary says:

Didn’t the M.E. dertermine that the cause of death had nothing to do with the choke hold? The contributors to the cause of death was chest compression, asthma, and obesity. If that’s the case then there is nothing that can be done to Pantelo regarding Garner’s death. The choke hold may not have looked pretty on video but it didn’t contribute to the death of Eric Garner.

• jello333 says:

I think it DID contribute to the death… as did the actions of the other cops involved in the (IMO unnecessary) take-down and sitting on the guy. But of course I’m NOT saying Garner didn’t also contribute to his own death… he did.

• art tart says:

jello ~ you are correct, the Coroner determined the “choke hold” was the primary cause of death w/health issue contributing to, but not, the primary cause of death.

• Goofey says:

The subsequent post-mortem examination is said to have shown no evidence of injury to either the larynx or the hyoid bone, which is almost always fractured in cases of strangulation. Mr. Garner is said to have died from “chest compression” and associated heart disease.

• jello333 says:

“Which means it was the combined effort of all the officers arresting him and his poor health.”

Agreed. Which is why I don’t think the “choke hold” dude should be singled out as much as he has been. I think some of the other cops used excessive force, as well. Oh, and the paramedics apparently used too LITTLE force… in that they did pretty much nothing to help.

• art tart says:

Goofey: The Coroner MADE a statement which is what you should be concerned with, NOT the American Thinker’s interpretation, it’s clearly spelled out in the Coroner’s Statement.

Here is the Coroner’s statement:

The city medical examiner has ruled the death of Eric Garner, the 43-year-old father whose death in police custody sparked national outrage, a homicide, saying a choke hold killed him.

The medical examiner said compression of the neck and chest, along with Garner’s positioning on the ground while being restrained by police during the July 17 stop on Staten Island, caused his death.

Garner’s acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease were contributing factors, the medical examiner determined.

I could list 30 references that ALL read exactly what the Coroner said but it isn’t necessary.

In addition, there were 10 hemorrhages in Garner’s neck/eyes according to Baden that read from the “ORIGINAL Coroner’s report” on Hannity. I don’t care for Baden, BUT, he is in possession of the original autopsy & shared it on Hannity, he too was a past Coroner in NY. The ENTIRE autopsy wasn’t released to the public.

• Goofey says:

If you researched what they mean rather than believe what you read, you would know those are minor and would not cause death. It was his poor health that caused his death.

• art tart says:

Gary ~ down thread, I listed the Coroner’s statement on the cause of death: “Death by Choke hold.”

You can read the entire statement as well as follow the link if you’re interested.

• Goofey says:

Please link your source? It has already been proven in the Gardner threads that the autopsy never showed garner was choked to death and the ME never made that statement it was the Media and then misquoted by other media.

• Gary says:

The city medical examiner has ruled the death of Eric Garner, the 43-year-old father whose death in police custody sparked national outrage, a homicide, saying a chokehold killed him.

The ‘Death By Choke Hold’ determination is not a quote from the M.E. as far as I can tell from the NYT article. That is a media ‘quote’ and in no way describes the M.E.’s actual findings. People often confuse the term ‘homicide’ with the word ‘murder’ and mistakenly assign guilt to someone. Yes this was a homicide but it was not a murder and the injuries sustained by Eric Garner from the 15 second choke hold were not life threatening. If not for the very major contributing factors of Eric Garner’s health, he would not have died from the choke hold injuries. Further, if not for resisting arrest, a very unhealthy man would not have put himself in a situation where his health issues would place him at risk of death.

It is not the police officers’ place to question the laws they are to enforce. The video shows very clearly that an attempt to place Eric Garner under arrest was attempted before Garner swatted at the police officers’ hands. People can argue all they want that Garner was not resisting arrest that much or too hard but resisting arrest is resisting arrest. It may sound callous but Eric Garner was going to get arrested and he chose the manner in which he was going to be arrested. He knew his health issues better than the police did. His death was his own fault.

• Gary says:

I should also point out that Garner did not die at the scene. He died of a cardiac arrest suffered in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Did the injuries he suffered during the 15 seconds he was in the choke hold lead to that caridiac arrest?

• Goofey says:

I know we covered this in the Garner thread but it keeps coming up.

• Goofey says:

Oops! lost part of my reply.

I think since strangulation and asphyxia was not in the ME report we can safely rule out the choke hold. I believe the ME, the compression of the chest and prone position with his health problems were the cause of death.

• Goofey says:

A TV judge and a Police Chief more concerned with politics before getting all the facts are not good examples. Both comments by the Police Chief and Judge were a rush to judgement as evidenced by the facts that the grand jury found no cause.

“I read all the information on Pantelo & researched his background….”
          where are the links to your evidence against Pantaleo?

• art tart says:

Goofey ~ The CHIEF of POLICE in NY City calling it a “choke hold,” validated by the Coroner’s statement that it was “death by choke hold as primary cause w/health issues as a contributing factor BUT NOT the primary cause of death, & a Judge who has no dog in the fight BOTH have more credentials than you do & legal expertise/LE expertise. If you have more credentials, what are they? You don’t have to agree w/anyone but your argument doesn’t diminish those that have expertise that don’t agree w/you, your argument doesn’t hold water. Because the Grand Jury didn’t find Panteleo criminally negligent, doesn’t mean that the DOJ won’t indict him for “excessive force” NOR does it mean that Internal Affairs will decide to keep Panteleo on their police force.

Judge Napolitano’s legal expertise:
            Having served as a New Jersey Superior Court Judge, he now teaches constitutional law as a Distinguished Professor at Brooklyn Law School. Napolitano has written nine books on constitutional, legal, and political subjects.

From USA Today:
            The white New York City police officer whose choke hold led to the death of an unarmed black man has been sued three times for allegedly violating the constitutional rights of other blacks he and fellow cops arrested.

Darren Collins and Tommy Rice alleged in a 2013 federal court lawsuit that Pantaleo and at least four other officers subjected them to “humiliating and unlawful strip searches in public view” after handcuffing them during a March 2012 arrest on Staten Island.

The court complaint charged that the cops, searching for illegal drugs, “pulled down the plaintiffs’ pants and underwear, and touched and searched their genital areas, or stood by while this was done in their presence.”

The case of Collins/Rice was PAID in a settlement, there is STILL one outstanding Civil Suit for Panteleo & there will be a 4th Civil Suit filed on behalf of Garner.. (you can google for the settlements if you are interested) The settlements for Collins/Rice were $30,000.00 each.

There is a bigger picture Panteleo, that, imo, is why he will not likely fare well w/Internal Affairs. He still remains at desk duty w/no gun.

• Goofey says:

First, these are civil law suits. Second, Panteleo was never found guilty of misconduct. The Collins/Rice case was settled for 15,000.00 each and admits to no wrong doing.

‘he and fellow cops…’ and ‘ the cops..or stood by…’ Why are you singling him out when he is part of a task force and was not alone?

They have no problem sagging their pants and showing their underwear so you can see their genitalia and rear end and pubes. But if a officer searches them during a stop and their saggy pants fall down and they get exposed its wrong?

“Misconduct allegations against city police officers filed with the Civilian Complaint Review Board dropped to 11,501 in 2013”

You singling him out for what reason?

• art tart says:

Panteleo was named in the Civil Suit along w/others, he isn’t singled out. Yet, Panteleo is involved yet again in another Civil Suit that will settle for millions. The Civil Suits were PAID previously because the City could NOT win the Civil Suits! I didn’t single Panteleo out, Panteleo along w/others were named in the Civil Suits/the taxpayers paid, this has been reported since Garner’s death in countless articles about the previous Civil Suits Panteleo is involved in, this isn’t new news. Panetelo has been an officer less than 8 yrs. yet he has been involved in 4 Civil Suits. If there was NO wrong doing, the City would NOT have PAID in the Civil Suits.

City Comptroller Wants to Settle Eric Garner Civil Claim

NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo in the death of Eric Garner, sparking nationwide protests, the case promised to drag on for years thanks to a federal civil rights investigation, internal NYPD probe, and civil suit from Garner’s family. Now the city is considering an unusual maneuver that would allow it to resolve at least one part of the pending legal action. Scott Stringer, the city comptroller, tells the New York Times that he wants to settle with the Garner family before the case ends up in court.

Stringer says he hopes to save the city millions — and bring “closure and security to those who have been wronged” — by getting involved in negotiations before a long legal battle. “We came here not to kick the can down the road, not to sit back and let the Law Department litigate, and I’ll sign what’s ever put in front of me,” Stringer said. “We have an opportunity to make the system better, so why not do it?”

The only reason the City settled the previous Civil Suits & wants to settle Garners Civil Suit now is because *it is a case the city can’t win.”

The ONLY reason Stringer wants to settle the Civil Suit w/the Garner family is because it’s a case that the City has admitted wrong doing & they can’t win, they admit the wrong doing to the family! IF the City thought they could win this Civil Suit, they wouldn’t be approaching the Garner family offering millions to the family & hoping to save the taxpayers millions for wrongful death.

• art tart says:

Goofey ~ you seem to have a problem admitting the City paid settlements in these Civil Suits because of the behavior of Panteleo/others, that is about you & not about the facts. The taxpayers paid up for the behavior of the officers. The cases were resolved because the City settled by paying a Judgement, the cases were closed because the defendants were paid.

• Goofey says:

“Pantelo has had 4 Civil Suits, 2 which have been paid out as Pantelo was negligent, 1 pending for strip searching someone in broad day light but the suspect was released, & Garner’s Civil Suit which will settle into the millions.”

It appears you are the one with a problem. You cannot seem to separate your apparent prejudice feelings toward Panteleo? I never disagreed the city paid settlements I asked for your proof in which you have yet to give. As for the TV Judge I agree he is way smarter than me but that does not excuse him from making a rush to judgement without having all the facts. Shame on the Chief of police for throwing Panteleo under the bus to serve his political agenda. The Grand Jury choose not to indict based on the facts. The Grand Jury ruling proves both the TV Judge and Police Chief Wrong for their rush to judgement with out all the facts.

We have the media’s narrative of the civil suits and no documentation. I have read many of the articles and find them to be as usual one sided. I am shocked that many here now choose to believe the same media that earlier was proven to not be trustworthy.

*** Update I found Documentation of law suits that prove Frivolous lawsuits against Panteleo I will post down below ***

• jello333 says:

• art tart says:

jello ~ I don’t know who you are talking to, but imo, there are no similarities w/the cases of Garner & Brown. I too don’t see any similarities in Officer Wilson who had a stellar LE record & shot in self defense & Officer Panteleo, that has 4 Civil Suits & his life was not in danger & possibly used excessive force imo.

30. Here’s the “statement” from the lefty student newspaper:

Of course, true to par, they’ve closed the comments section.

Here’s the letter I sent them:

Congratulations

Dear students,

Congratulations on having learned the Fascist censorship textbook to a “t”.

There is an extraordinary amount of malice, intolerance, fascist thinking, cowardice, and hypocrisy in the attitude of the “powers to be” at Michigan Daily – perpetual adolescents who don’t understand freedom of speech any better than the Ayatolah Khomeini, who issued a fatwa against the writer Salman Rushdie.

You issued your own fatwa, even if you don’t have Khomeini’s means to do the same thing to somebody you disagree with.

“Bylaws”? Quit the bureaucratic excuses, you disagreed with Omar’s politics and you chose to silence him.

You didn’t appreciate Omar’s well-written sarcasm? Were your “feelings” hurt so much? Too bad! You could have responded in kind, had an intelligent dialogue. Obviously you’re incapable of that so you chose the Fascist guillotine of denying freedom of speech. You, the mindless proponents of Left fascism, are the generation that will bury the United States. I am happy I won’t be around anymore when you will collect the social fruits of your poisonous intolerance.

You won’t understand that, but Omar is more of a man, and a courageous one at that, than all of you whiny children combined. For a man of his background it takes real courage to take a stand against the herd mentality of petulant children like you. It was, among others, you who have made possible the vandalism and threats directed against Omar and, guess what, unlike your leftist self-victimizing hoaxes, I bet you a Real Character against a rotten onion that Omar didn’t make up the aggression against him.

I would tell you to be ashamed but it’s futile. You are so cowardly you’ve closed the comments section. I surely hope your “feelings” are now safe and unthreatened.

unrespectfully,

Richard

31. czarowniczy says:

Oh come on, don’t waste precious cortisol getting all het up over these numbnutz…errr…numbskulls. They have nothing better to do all day then pull these ‘I can be more patronizing to the deadheads than you can’ constructs out of their nether think-tanks. Let’s not forget the ‘put pants on animals’ and ‘legalize bestiality’ movements – the former being one method in an arsenal to preempt the birth of more of these jerks and the latter being at least a partial cause for their continued numbers. I wonder if these folks are just failed Saturday Night Live writers?

32. ctdar says:

“F” is for Ferguson.

33. jello333 says:

Okay, if you guys haven’t seen this you’re gonna love it. (Sorry the type is so little, but I can’t find anything but the screen grab.)

Jello….I found another copy via a Google image search that’s probably a little bit easier on the eyes. Ad rem…

photo 4feb941b-30fc-47d7-8273-f52efd25d7a1_zps168a072e.jpg

• Goofey says:

The death of a career criminal and a 18 year old Drug dealer both who’s deaths were caused because they aggressively resisted arrest compared to the 9/11 attacks! Wow!

• jello333 says:

Cool, thanks Puddy! And I hope everyone notices the professor’s reply…. that’s by far the best part of this. 😉

• Goofey says:

‘No’ is one of my favorite words so simple and says so much.

• JudgyOnAWebsite says:

I, too, love the power, and simple definitiveness of a stark “No”. Professor Raney’s response made me LLOL–that’s LITERALLY laugh out loud, not just an abbreviation used as an expression. SO great–especially b/c you KNOW the pious Ms. Zlotnick probably assumed her obvious “altruism” would be met with admiration and/ or praise! I’m curious of her motives; if she’s at all aware of how grossly patronizing her words were? Also wonder if she still would have written such a letter in the event that IF her request would be granted, but ONLY on the condition that she would forever be strictly forbidden from EVER telling anyone else about her misguided “kindheartedness”……..would she have still bothered?

I also envy the professor’s restraint! I highly doubtful many people, myself included, would have been able to resist the temptation to respond directly to each one of her inane talking points. Self-editing is very likely more of a talent than constructing flowery sentences that, on second read, actually may not make much sense, Sadly, as evinced on these pages, have I myself mastered it yet?

34. Goofey says:

Just want to clear one thing up no one on this forum has found a direct quote where the ME stated other than “compression of the neck and chest, along with Garner’s positioning on the ground while being restrained by police ” and “acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease were contributing factors” caused Garners death of a heart attack. Garner did not die from chocking or asphyxia. Any statements stating the choke hold was cause of death were not in quotes. It was the media’s opinion of what the above statement meant not a direct quote.

If anyone can find a direct quote and not the media’s interpretation of the facts please link.

35. Goofey says:

Proof the civil suits against Panteleo are frivolous:

Civil Case 1
    The press would like you to believe that Panteleo falsely arrested, Strip Searched and groped the genitalia of two ‘Black’ men.

Panteleo with John and Jane Doe 1 – 10 named as co-defendants.
    In the narrative of the complaint the word ‘officers’ is used (no officer/s is named).
    Panteleo is only named as filling false allegations.
    There are 20 causes of action that are unnamed.

In the complaint lines 15 thru 19 the plaintiffs charge they were forced to strip, squat and cough in public view and then later at the station-house forced to strip, squat and cough and lift their genitalia. Nowhere does it say any officer/s touched their genitalia.

Global Grind Interview – according to the plaintiffs attorney Pantaleo had falsely claimed that he saw crack and heroin in plain view, on the vehicle’s back seat, allowing the officers to arrest everyone in the car.

So there you have it no one played with anyone’s junk

Civil case 2
    The press would like you to believe that Panteleo falsely arrested a ‘Black’ man even though he wasn’t doing anything wrong or behaving suspiciously.

Panteleo with Police Officer’s John Doe 1 – 5 named as co-defendants.
    In the narrative of the complaint the word ‘officer’ and ‘defendant’ is used (no officer/s is named).
    Panteleo is only named as designated “arresting officer”.

The narrative of the complaint is that while the plaintiff was being held, his designated “ arresting officer” , with the acquiescence of other defendants, misrepresented facts in the police reports and other documents that the plaintiff had committed offenses when in fact this was not true. Upon information and belief, defendant’s motives in filing these false charges was to cover up their misconduct, obtain overtime compensation and obtain credit for an arrest, and cover up the misconduct of other police officers.

OK, here is where it gets crazy, apparently the ‘information and belief’ is based on every Police Officer or Police Official that has ever committed a crime.

In Summery:

… designated “arresting officer” , with the acquiescence of other defendants.

Case 1