How “coincidental” is the path – when it’s EXACTLY five years (to the day) when Morgan Harrington disappeared – for a search team to feel guided to the missing body of Hannah Graham.

hannah graham recovery body

ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. — The Chesterfield Sheriff’s Department sergeant who discovered human remains while searching for missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham said he believed God wanted them to find what they found. Sgt. Dale Terry said his five-person team had finished their search mission near Walnut Creek Park around noon Saturday when something came over him to check nearby properties.

“I don’t know how else to explain it,” he said. “Something inside me just told me to continue to look.”

hannah graham bodyIt was behind a vacant home, in a dried-up creek bed, Terry said he found a skull and bones, along with a pair of tight, dark-colored pants.

Terry said the vertebrae bone appeared long and consistent with a tall person’s body. He said the body was not buried and its location was not far from the road.

He said his search team felt compelled to volunteer to find Hannah Graham in an effort to bring closure and justice for her family.

“We stayed positive, upbeat,” he said. “We knew we were here for a mission to bring closure and hopefully that’s what we’ve done.”

Terry led the search team that found remains along an abandoned property off of Old Lynchburg Road in southern Albemarle County. Saturday’s discovery came more than a month after Graham was last seen walking along the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville, Virginia on September 13.

The remains were taken to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Richmond to be autopsied and positively identified. (read more with Video)

Hannah Graham press release

Walnut creek park

This entry was posted in Cultural Marxism, media bias, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Guided – Search Lead Who Found Hannah Graham’s Body Felt Guided – “God wanted” them to find what they found

1. LetJusticePrevail" says:

This source says that tests must be completed before they make a positive ID? I thought that had already been determined?

• An presumed identification can be made in multiple ways, clothing, jewelry, hair color/length, estimated height, obvious dental abnormalites. A positive id can be made through fingerprints, dental comparison, or dna.

• Lulu says:

Their preliminary ID was sufficient to permit them to notify Hannah Graham’s parents that they believed they had found her. For one thing, she was almost 6′ tall. Very tall for a woman, and a woman’s skeleton is quite different from a man’s. And they did find clothing.

2. 7delta says:

I’m glad Hannah has been found and I’m glad she was found by someone who believes in God’s guidance and was willing to follow it without question. It’s only a small comfort for her grieving family and friends, but I hope it is a comfort. I hope they know and feel God’s presence. He isn’t at fault for man’s evil deeds and only He knows why sometimes there is an intervention to change the outcome and sometimes not. There’s too much we just don’t know or understand. But we do know He gave us free will. It’s a dangerous thing when placed into the hands of evil to guide it, but it’s a glorious thing when we willingly place it back into His hands.

I’ve always thought that maybe during events that lead to such horrific deaths, or maybe even at the end for all of his children, the body lives on during those horrible moments, but our spirits, our souls are snatched away into His protection before it becomes unbearable. I pray this is so in situations like this. I pray for mercy for victims of evil and I pray for comfort for the family. May Hannah be the apple of the Father’s eye while her soul is restored in His love.

I’m sorry. I knew it was not likely, but I had hoped she would be found alive. It’s a sad day, but a day to be grateful too.

• polk8dot says:

‘I’ve always thought that maybe during events that lead to such horrific deaths, or maybe even at the end for all of his children, the body lives on during those horrible moments, but our spirits, our souls are snatched away into His protection before it becomes unbearable’

I share that hope. Amen.

3. chuckles49 says:

I’m sure with a little more searching of the area or his relatives property, more remains will be found.. We’re not dealing with a rocket scientist here, just another low-intelligence predator, that was shielded by political correctness. His attacks were probably of a blitz nature, with very little thought or planning put into them.

I’m sorry, but I don’t believe God had anything to do with her remains being found. I’ll believe they cut him a deal. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see though..

• georgiafl says:

Neighbors smelled something bad and saw buzzards. Don’t know if they called or emailed Law Enforcement tip line.

• georgiafl says:

The property where the body was found was once an assisted-care facility. Wonder if JM or someone in his family had helped out there.

My theory is that there was a reason for where JM disposed the bodies of his victims – a grudge based on family anger, enmity or racism. There are some legitimate racial grievances, but there are many illegitimate ways to address them.
        Rape and murder is not the right way to respond to a wrong.
        Neither is rioting and looting.
        Neither is hate. Jesse Matthew may have been filled with hate (as well as abuse) by his family and local blacks. It has been said the reason for his parents divorce is that JM Senior raped his own daughter. JM Senior, an alcoholic, was arrested for molestation of a child.

• georgiafl says:

CORRECTION – The property was NEAR an adult home, assisted living facility.

• Anubis says:

“legitimate racial grievances” You mean like when Jay Z complained about being profiled, despite admitting to dealing drugs, shooting someone, & even stabbing a record executive after becoming a millionaire? That’s called postjudice.

Nathan McCall whose essay on being discriminated by a purse clutcher on an elevator is required reading on campuses, but turns out the white girl might have recognized him as the author of McCall’s other book, Makes Me Wanna Holler: A Young Black Man in America, where he admits that he is a rapist and thief, and several other things besides. He describes the beating he and some friends gave a white boy who violated Derbyshire rules by riding his bike in their neighborhood

“We all took off after him… Stomped him and kicked him… kicked him in the head and face and watched the blood gush from his mouth… kicked him in the stomach and nuts, where I knew it would hurt…. Every time I drove my foot into his balls, I felt better…. We bloodied him so badly…. We walked away, laughing, boasting…. F—ing up white boys like that made us feel good inside.

• georgiafl says:

The body was found not far from where Jesse Matthew lived six years ago, neighbors said. Jesse Matthew went to Red Hills elementary school just down the road.
        The farm where Morgan Harrington’s body was found is not far away in rural ‘country miles’.
        I believe the rapes were hate crimes. Hate of women, particularly white women from upper middle class families. A bouncer at one of the bars said that Jesse Matthew had a type he targeted.

• 7delta says:

JM Senior, an alcoholic, was arrested for molestation of a child.

Oh my, that’s enough to screw with a kid’s head about sex.

I think rape is always about hate and violence, not sex. Looks like he may have issues about his mother tossing his dad out and maybe blames her for taking his dad away, bad as he was. It’s possible too that maybe he looked around the black communities where so many kids are without consistent fathers in their lives, then looked at the white community where he thought things were perfect. Combine those issues or something similar with the constant best of racism and you have a target type.

• partyzantski says:

Can the bar(s) get sued for knowingly allowing a predator to operate freely within their businesses as a customer?

4. I’m happy they’ve found her and her family can bury her in a proper Rite of Christian Burial. How very tragic. This young girl was one of the bright stars in our world and she was taken before she even had a chance to live and make her mark on the world. We will never know what was lost. Everyone is a blank slate a birth and is put here by God for a purpose. I found this, long ago, when my daughter was an infant and it has always touched me:

When God wants something great done in this world,
    He doesn’t dispatch a legion of avenging angels;
    Neither does He call forth a whirlwind nor ignite the fuse of volcanic fireworks;
    No commandeering of troops into battle nor discharging zealous crusaders to holy causes;
    He does not orchestrate the burst & boom of thunder nor display His fiery arrows’ majesty across
    the sky to bring His purpose to pass.
    When God wants something great done in this world…
    He sends a baby and then….He waits.

5. Paul H. Lemmen says:

Reblogged this on A Conservative Christian Man.

6. joshua says:

I do not understand why in only 5 weeks the body would have deteriorated to bones and a skull…Dr. Biden on Fox stated that her body would still be recognizable and intact and inspecting teeth alone with dental records the police currently have would enable a positive immediate identification. Early reports had the remains found INSIDE a building….too much variation in info to process. If the remains are only skeletal, does that preclude dna findings of rape?

• georgiafl says:

Dr. Baden is the same forensic pathologist hired by the Crump consortium in the Mike Brown case. Anyone who would work for Crump… well, better wait for another opinion.

• Lulu says:

Dr. Biden is now a celebrity, putting himself out there to promote his forensic pathology business. I had no confidence in him in the OJ days. I have less now. He opines on things in general terms when he doesn’t know the circumstances. Shoots from the hip. Long past time for him to get off the stage. He complicates more than he clarifies.

• yankeeintx says:

They won’t be able to prove rape from skeletal remains, it is possible that DNA might be found on her clothing. They might also test her hair for any drugs she might have been given. Dr. Baden is a fool if he thinks the body would still be recognizable.

7. Lulu says:

Excuse second post, but there are many things that could have affected the condition of a body left in the open in a remote wooded area. Is it really necessary to enumerate them? The curious can find that information with Google.

8. yankeeintx says:

“Something inside me just told me to continue to look.”
    Something or could it have been someone? Good job, Sundance!

9. auscitizenmom says:

Just out of curiousity, I looked up the weather in Virginia for September and found this. (I live in FL, so it seems they had a very comfortable Sept.) It wasn’t terribly hot.

• But the scavenger animals were out and about doing what they are supposed to do…like Jesse knew they would. He threw Hanna’s body into a creek bed (ditch) where she couldn’t be seen from a view parallel to the ground…just like he did to Morgan Harrington. He probably hasn’t confined his disgust to white women either..Another “gentile giant” has bit the dust…like father like son only much much worse as a serial rapist and murderer

• Lulu says:

OK. For the curious here is a website that talks about how long it takes for a dead human body to decompose and the factors that affect that:

Sorry, but there is something disrespectful about going into a lot of detail on a thread about this young woman.

• auscitizenmom says:

I guess that depends on whether the thread is supposed to be for condolences to the bereaved or for the collection of facts.

10. Tkim says:

We can spend millions on Women’s Studies to “empower” young women to achieve but we can’t spend a dime on required seminars to alert new freshmen to the dangerous quantity who live right by campus. Because that life saving information just might hurt somebody’s feelings.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

I have a family member who attends University in a very “diverse” part of a major metropolitan area. The crimes committed against students as they come and go from the campus are appalling , but the PC crowd does little to inform the public about the dangers. Assaults, robberies, carjackings, shootings and sexual assaults are often dismissed as “ordinary crime” and little is said to acknowledge that students are being intentionally targeted by an increasingly aggressive element from the surrounding area. Thankfully, only 2 more months remain until graduation requirements are met.

• thefirstab says:

At my daughters fairly large campus (in the South), I attended the parent’s sessions during orientation. One entire session was devoted to student safety, and presenters included the head of the campus police, AND the town’s police Chief. I got the impression the Chief was hardcore, no nonsense esp. where the girls were concerned. They even have some type of little phone booths all around campus to call for help, if needed.

11. Egghead says:

For those who want forensic info about this particular case, view this interview with the Chesterfield Sheriff’s Department sergeant searcher who found Hannah Graham. He is very specific and clear.

Also, I read a comment somewhere that neighbors had reported a bad smell and vultures circling overhead – which I mention so that people will understand that these can be signs of foul play that should be reported to the police. I used to live in a rural area, and we had a deer die in the woods that gave the same signs. It would never have occurred to me then to call the police based on those signs, but I was relieved when my neighbor (who hunted, but not that deer) told me that it was a dead deer because I was beginning to get concerned.

• Egghead says:

Here’s the comment:

All in a day, USA, United States, 2 hours ago

Neighbors that were interviewed claimed there was such a stench coming from the area they had to close the windows. There were also vultures flocking the area. I do hope they were the ones that gave a tip, rather than these searchers stumbling across what they found. Meaning you just don’t shut your window when you smell something that horrid, then go on with life when you know a person is missing. RIP Hannah.

• Egghead says:

Based on the condition of the body described in the Sheriff’s interview linked above, I highly doubt that the neighbors called in a tip.

• Mo says:

I am totally shocked to hear this information. I mean, these people knew someone was missing. I know Hannah is missing and I live 2500 miles away. HOW did they NOT call this info in, or go look for themselves? Especially after the public was asked to search out skirt property and they knew MH was found out in the boonies too.
        How do they just shut the window? How do they smell something bad and see vultures, and not call the tip line???? Totally baffled right now.

12. Egghead says:

“Matthew has never been charged in connection with Morgan, but it was recently revealed that police questioned him – but then let him go.”

13. Kim Carter says:

Perhaps this repeated violent behavior also had to do with him losing his football scholarship and leaving two colleges after sexual assault accusations…….his way of lashing out and in his sick mind, a way of getting even? I’ve read that serial criminals often have a “trigger”. Fall and college girls seem to have been his. It may take a long time for the whole story to come out but it will eventually. I am just heartsick for the families and for the Grahams the agony of not knowing is over, but now begins a new agony…….living in a world without their beloved daughter.

14. Pam says:

Seeing the picture up top where the policeman looks like he’s crying just hurts.

We watched Suspect Zero with Ben Kingsley in it last night. The FBI guy is trying to catch serial killer of kids. I can’t watch these movies usually, but this one didn’t show the actual killing parts.

I have often wondered how the law enforcement people who have to see this stuff in real life can deal with it. It must just rip your soul to pieces.

• auscitizenmom says:

That is why officers are sometimes seen as cold or callous. They have to become callus to be able to handle this kind of thing.

• furrcats says:

Those poor officers

• Sharon says:

I don’t think it’s so much calloused as it is simply learning how to keep moving in order to get the job done.

During our son’s LEO years he was the first on the scene of a murder – man had murdered his friend who is laying dead in the living room. Murderer is holding a very young (uninjured) infant who is covered with blood. Is not making any threatening moves, just standing there with blood all over and dead friend on floor, and making eye contact with the LEO. DS could only think of getting the baby out of that man’s arms, so simply made eye contact and quietly asked, “Do you think you can hand me the baby?” The man was definitely traumatized because of the previous ten minutes, whatever they had involved, and did in fact hand the baby to DS. Other officers quickly on the scene.

Calloused? Not at all. Very very carefully concealing any personal reaction in order to have highest level of effectiveness possible under the circumstances. Sometimes they go outside and throw up a few minutes later if there’s time.

• Lucille says:

A friend of mine said his time on the Chicago PD was the 2nd worst experience of his life, the first being his USMC service in Viet Nam. He wasn’t a spineless man, having been awarded/earned/paid for/deserved both the Purple Heart and the Bronze Star. But he said, by far, the worst aspect of being a policeman was the encroaching callousness and the opportunities for corruption. After two years, he packed his car with all his belongings and left Chicago (his home town) for good.

15. Egghead says:

Someone DID call the tip line about the buzzards on Oct 6! The failure of searchers to follow up in a timely manner is a SIGNIFICANT error that has surely caused the loss of a SIGNIFICANT amount of evidence! Next time, call the tip line AND the news reporters!

Be sure to read the entire article by Coy Barefoot of Inside Charlottesville:

• They DID search the area after that call and did not find her.

• Lucille says:

Which seems strange, perhaps indicating that at one time Hannah was not out in the open, but covered up by foliage, etc.

“The evil that men do lives after them.”

• Egghead says:

There are searches and then there are SEARCHES. Did they take the dogs to search? Cadaver dogs? Like I said, a deer died somewhat near my home and the stench was absolutely revolting for a couple of weeks – plus we had a large flock of scary ugly black buzzards living on our roof and the roofs of our neighbors for a couple of weeks. I started actively researching how to get rid of buzzards because they were scaring us to death every morning as they roosted in the high trees around our house, coasted to land hard on our roof in the very early morning, and then hung out in our front and side yard in the early morning. Buzzards are big, messy, and dangerous to small children and pets. I called a pest company to home to my provide advice.

First of all, searchers should have searched the area on buzzard time in the very early to early morning. That way, searchers could see the buzzards and ascertain their area of interest. Note that the tipster went to the home in the early morning on the second day.

Second, if someone searched that area while there was enough of Hannah (God rest her soul) for a flock of buzzards to eat, that someone should have smelled the dead body even if the buzzards were temporarily absent (because buzzards do come and go).

Reports are that faraway neighbors had to close their windows from the stench. I want to stress that it may be that neighbors did NOT investigate because of No Trespassing signs that are common in rural areas – and backed up with rifles and shotguns. That is WHY is was CRUCIAL for law enforcement to perform the search.

Third, even more so, police dogs should have smelled the body.

I realize that the police had a very large amount of tips to process, but it is incumbent on law enforcement to use this MAJOR oversight as a learning and teaching opportunity. Namely, the next time that police are looking for a body in a rural area, police should instruct the general public to watch for flocks of buzzards and report any incidence – in the air or on the land – to police so that the area can be searched IMMEDIATELY with cadaver dogs BEFORE the deceased victim is completely eaten.

To say that this protocol would have saved great heartache, time, money, and effort is a foregone conclusion.

• Serpentor says:

Excellent write up there. Interesting that she was almost found two weeks ago – but at least she has been found.

The part I’m curious about is how the property is currently unoccupied. The guy that saw the buzzards and called the tip line also knew it was an unoccupied rental. Everyone knew this? The article described JLM’s mother as living 4 miles away. I’m curious about how he knew this property was unoccupied (guessing it has been so for a long time is how), but also where else in the vicinity he drove around scoping for body dump sites… let’s be honest, it’s not his first time doing this. Where are the others?

• Egghead says:

There are many ways to tell if a property is vacant. The ‘For Sale’ signs in the day – off and on – for years – and the lack of cars in the driveway and lack of lights in the windows at night. Also, maybe the owner was friends with his mother or went to his church.

The back woods of every long term vacant home on Matthew’s regular driving routes to family, home and work should be searched for the bones of various missing women.

I wonder if Jesse visited his mother after the murder in order to clean himself and his clothes? If so, there would be blood evidence at his mother’s home.