occupy sluoccupy slu 2

On October 8th the black grievance industry (BGI) helped the Ferguson protestors coordinate the Occupy SLU movement at Saint Louis University. SLU is a private catholic university. Yesterday the occupiers packed up and left. Today the motives and agenda becomes clear.

The BGI extorted the school to give race-based concessions including payoffs for black students, scholarships, black studies programs and additional aid for black students only. Apparently, the school president, Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D., acquiesced:

STLU blackmail

(click to enlarge)

In exchange for meeting the extortion demands the Occupy movement would leave the school campus – but the school, not the occupiers, would have to clean up their mess.

The school president Fred P Pestello wrote this explanation:

To the Saint Louis University Community:

This afternoon, the small encampment at the clock tower was voluntarily and permanently removed by a group of SLU students and the other demonstrators.

This peaceful outcome was the result of many intense hours of outreach and conversation with clock tower demonstrators, community organizers, clergy, city leaders and members of the University campus.

Now, the University must come together.

We will move to more formal and institutionalized conversations about race on our campus. We also will begin to devise short- and long-term initiatives that retain and attract more students and faculty of color, promote equal opportunity, and advance focused economic development in disadvantaged neighborhoods.

These efforts are completely consistent with the mission of this University. They are just the start of what I had announced in my inaugural address: That this extraordinary University bring to bear its creative, intellectual and economic energy and help lead St. Louis to a better place.

This week has been a challenge for many of us, including me.

Unlike some with whom I spoke, I have never been followed by security throughout a department store, had taxicab drivers refuse to pick me up, or been seated by the bathrooms of a half-empty restaurant. But those indignities — and far worse — are not uncommon to people of color, including our students, faculty and staff.

Many of their life experiences, described to me in stark and painful terms, have weighed on me as peaceful demonstrations and teach-ins have played out this week.

Also weighing on me has been the concern expressed by some students and parents who were worried about a non-peaceful outcome to this demonstration. Many of you who wrote or called felt that this demonstration was inappropriate for our campus.

While there have been setbacks and sudden tensions along the way, we acted quickly to ease them. And spurring us on toward the peaceful outcome we have achieved this afternoon have been the many thoughtful and inspiring voices I have heard this week, especially from our students. Their commitment to our mission and values continues to inspire me each day. I also appreciate the voices of our faculty and staff, community organizers, ministers and young voices in the African-American community throughout the region.

This has been a difficult week. I know it has consumed my every waking hour trying to find a point of common ground and mutual understanding. I believe we are there.

I also wish to apologize to you that my total attention to secure a resolution meant that I could not personally respond to your calls and emails. I want you to know I heard you. In the coming days and weeks, there will be opportunities for us to communicate more directly.

I want to thank everyone who displayed the best of what our Jesuit University stands for this past week.

Fred P. Pestello, Ph.D.
President  (link)

saint-louis-flag-burning-4

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Anti-White Intifada, BGI - Black Grievance Industry, CRS, Cultural Marxism, Dept Of Justice, Election 2014, media bias, Mike Brown Shooting, Notorious Liars, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Racism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

260 Responses to Extortion and White Guilt Permeate The End to The Occupy Saint Louis University Movement…

1. Murse says:

“In addition, I was disheartened by some of the harsh and ugly words hurled via social media, phone calls and emails that only fueled anxiety, misunderstandings and divisions on all sides at a time when what we needed most was to listen and learn and find common ground.”

You can’t achieve common ground with criminals. The only way to deal with criminals is to put them down.

2. Moishe Pipik says:

On one hand, it’s their private school and their policy choice.

If we are to be consistent, complaining about a private school’s policy is as inappropriate as complaining that a cake shop won’t make your lesbian wedding cake.

On the other hand, it sets an awful precedent, empowers bad people, and can damage the safety and academic careers of existing students.

• Lucille says:

I’ll bet that Saint Louis gets tax dollars for some of its programs. So, their “private” policy choices affect all Americans.

A small family-owned bakery doesn’t get subsidized by the government…and that’s why all patriotic Americans should purchase from bakers who, because of religious conscience, wish not to participate in ceremonies they find go against their religious beliefs. And, yes, that goes for a Muslim baker, a Hindu baker, a Jewish baker, Buddhist, or Zoroastrian whose firmly-held-backed-up-by-tradition-and-doctrine beliefs. We either have religious freedom or we don’t. There is no middle ground.

3. Witchy says:

You know what, I am a native of New York and know many cab drivers of color, they agreed tvey would not pick up groups in Ferguson unless they paid first. Does this make these black drivers racists also?
    So sick of this damn BGI.

4. maggiemoowho says:

Just an FYI for anyone who is familiar with the protesters. Renita Lamkin, the shorter, chunky set, white reverend/pastor, wore a red gang bandana and was showed the world her rubber bullet belly, that lady is a graduate of SLU. SLU, turns out some shady characters. She was arrested with Cornel West and Obamas spiritual Advisor Jim Wallis.

• 7delta says:

Jim Wallis.

Now there’s a perfect example of a well dressed white guy that makes my skin crawl. Ever listen to him speak? My alarm system flashes “liar” “conman” “sleazy”.

I have an equal opportunity alarm system.

• justfactsplz says:

I have had a problem with Renita from the very beginning. She has been up front and center in this whole deal the whole time. Her behavior is unbefitting of a pastor imo.

5. ytz4mee says:

Same song, different verse
    A little bit louder and a lot worse:

Clark had reason to be annoyed. Back in 1985 his chief educational adviser had sat on the witness stand in his court and had confidently assured him that, if he funded the proposed plan, student achievement on standardized tests would climb above state averages in less than five years.(92) But then Kansas City got all the money any school district could ever want, and essentially nothing changed….

…In perhaps the biggest surprise, Armor’s studies found that black elementary students who go to magnet schools (which have the highest percentages of whites) score no better on standardized tests than do blacks who go to all-black nonmagnet schools.(97) In short, Armor found that, contrary to the notion on which the whole desegregation plan was founded–that going to school with middle-class whites would increase blacks’ achievement–the Kansas City experiment showed that “integration has no effect.”…

….At one time the Kansas City experiment was going to be a progressive light unto the educational nation. Instead, it became the most expensive desegregation plan in the nation and, in terms of achievement-bang-for-the-educational-buck, the biggest failure, too. Kansas City did all the things that educators had always said needed to be done to increase student achievement–it reduced class size, decreased teacher workload, increased teacher pay, and dramatically expanded spending per pupil–but none of it worked.

I apologize for reposting this. Long time Treepers are well aware of the audacious BGI shakedown of the Kansas City schools, and the spectacular flame out. I post for those who are not aware that this exact shakedown and extortion has been part of the BGI playbook for a long time. The end goal ALWAYS is a giant slush fund that can be most appropriately directed to the pockets of key BGI stakeholders.

• I have known that for years but I appreciate you pointing to just one study to prove sending blacks to white schools does not improve their intelligence. I was an over the road trucker at one time and was driving thru KY listening to the radio. This women on a talk show was saying that 17 year old black students was 4 years academically behind white students. I about fell out of my seat. At first I thought either I had heard them wrong or that they were just plain wrong. After listening for a while about the studies, and the different test,and the scores of these different test I realized that it must be so. It got me to thinking about the possible reasons why. After watching and listening to different programs I knew the reason why this is so. It is their home life to start out with, most of them are raised with no father, and a lot of their mothers are drug addicts so they wonder from home to home. Everyone remembers when the Oakland CA school district started making the school’s teach ebonics. All ebonics is,is the uneducated way a lot of black people talk. Then you had a black family sue their school district because the teacher ask their little girl to sit down, be quite, and study. In the law suit they said that in the black culture they were use to studying when things were loud and people running around, that to ask her to be quite was racist because she couldn’t learn like that. They do it to themselves and then blame it on the whites. It is time the whites wake up because I’m like Mist`ears Mom I’m about sick of this crap.

• MAX says:

I taught in a predominate white inner city school in the early 1970’s when they had desegregation (forced) busing. The parents of the black children who were bused into my school complained when they saw that their predominately black schools had more resources, etc. than what we had. For example, their schools had TVs and fewer children. For some reason, they thought the predominately white schools had more. They quickly found out that they were misinformed.

6. Mist'ears Mom says:

Can you spell…’e-x-t-o-r-t-i-o-n’ SLU? If not you need to grow a pair and go back to school. This PC crap makes me sick, why do they get all the handouts, hands-up ‘extras’ in this world? Because of their darker skin color. What a load of poo. Big mouth blowhards throwing a temper tantrum and everybody buys into it? SMH

7. James F says:

The DOJ:CRS Is obviously being abused by the Obama administration and the democrats to drum up false racism in order to engage the black voters. Of course the complicit liberal media is also key to perpetuating this charade.