Connecticut Declares State Of “Public Health Emergency”…Prepares For Quarantine

hatsoff_zpse3c5bf1e …F.D.R. in Hell (@FDRinHell)

Gov. Dannel Malloy has signed an executive order effectively enabling the indefinite suspension of civil rights in the state of Connecticut.  He’s given his Commissioner of the Department of public Health the ability to quarantine, or otherwise detain, any person or group suspected of being infected with the Ebola virus.

quarantine-1-1024x682

Note…all this has been done “preemptively”, because no specific case has yet to be identified.

Checks  = None

Balances = None

All done for your own good… without due process…. on behalf of the State.

dbe92f08-a074-4929-b10a-dac104e6c179_zps9c99303a

(FOXCT)…[…] We are taking this action today to ensure that we are prepared, in advance, to deal with any identified cases in which someone has been exposed to the virus or, worst case, infected,” said Governor Malloy.  “Our state’s hospitals have been preparing for it, and public health officials from the state are working around the clock to monitor the situation.  Right now, we have no reason to think that anyone in the state is infected or at risk of infection.  But it is essential to be prepared and we need to have the authorities in place that will allow us to move quickly to protect public health and use best tactical flashlight for self defense, if and when that becomes necessary.  Signing this order will allow us to do that.”

By signing the order, the Governor is declaring a public health emergency, which gives the Commissioner of DPH the authority to quarantine and isolate individuals whom the commissioner reasonably believes has been exposed to the Ebola virus.  Without the declaration, there is no statewide ability to isolate or quarantine – instead, the authority rests with each individual local public health director.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) also released a statement encouraging the House Committee on Appropriations, the Senate Armed Services Committee and the House Armed Services Committee to approve the companion maids cleaning service request for $1 billion in funding to deal with the growing Ebola crisis.

“One thing we know about stopping pandemics is that time is of the essence. Ebola has taken thousands of lives in West Africa and decimated already weak public health systems in these countries; without immediate help and resources, this epidemic will continue to spread. This is a global threat, and the United States must lead the fight against it. Fear of contagion has led some to call for travel restrictions and further isolation of these countries, but withdrawal is not an option. We know that right now, travel restrictions won’t stop the spread of this disease, and may actually exacerbate the problems these countries face by preventing aid from reaching them. The whole-of-government plan outlined by President Obama—marshalling our military, health care, diplomatic, and economic resources to fight this epidemic—is exactly the right use of American power, and Congress should approve it without delay. Oversight by congressional defense committees must not hinder U.S. leadership in the fight against this public health nightmare.”

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in A New America, Air Travel, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Ebola Outbreak, Election 2014, Government Shutdown, Infectious Disease, Police action, Predictions, Statism, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

77 Responses to Connecticut Declares State Of “Public Health Emergency”…Prepares For Quarantine

1. angie says:

I guess this means they’ll round up everyone they suspect of voting Republican for the quarantine.

2. carterzest says:

Emergency

😉 Chuck yer splingchucker

This is kinda scary. Is this what o”Bola wants, the states to declare this Public ER, so he can take over from there?

3. boudicabpi says:

Reblogged this on BPI reblog and commented:
    Connecticut Declares State Of “Public Health Emmergency”…Prepares For Quarantine

4. Aslan's Girl says:

Wow. Well. This is what happens when a state is as far Left as CT. Wouldn’t it be nice if this is what woke people up over there? Sometimes the only remedy for Leftism is letting Leftism trample rights. Hope that the people of CT don’t like this…

• Leftist results is often the solution to Leftism… Name one Leftist Utopia. Think of all their issues at the extreme with nobody else to pick up the pieces. Global warming, Immigration, Welfare, Gun Control, Thug Hugging – Light Sentences and no Death Penalty, Government corruption…. Sounds like Detroit to me.

5. Gregg keyes says:

Good for diseases but I see it rapidly overflowing into politics.

6. czarowniczy says:

How come they didn’t have it printed/distributed in Spanish also? After all, it’s Connecticut.

• mikayla825 says:

It would be here in Northern Mexi errrr……California

• mikayla825 says:

I’m learning though that most of our recent “neighbors” can’t read written Spanish either.

• Ad rem says:

Maybe their teachers are shooting them down for using “cursive” too? SMH….

• justice099 says:

Sigh… I know this ALL too well. The only trouble I got into until high school was for being too far advanced from the rest of the class. In 2nd grade, I was taken completely out of participation with the rest of class and given special work-at-my-own-pace studies instead because I was reading and doing math at a 6th grade level but was too small to move ahead. In 3rd grade, they sent me to a special school 3 days out of the week. At least back then, they actually tried to accommodate me.

By high school, I skipped a lot of school. I just couldn’t bring myself to learn addition and subtraction AGAIN like they do every year. I ended up getting in lots of trouble in high school because the classes were just far too boring. It would anger the teachers that I didn’t show up for class, but would still get 100% on tests. It would anger them that I used my own methods to solve math problems and didn’t always show my work. I remember once I scored 100% on a math test, and the teacher sent it back failing me because he said I cheated and used a calculator. I ended up redoing the test right there in front of him and scored 100% again.

Public schools are just not prepared to deal with any kids that are advanced.

• justice099 says:

Apparently “no child left behind” means other children will be forced to stop to allow others to catch up.

• angie says:

Then if we put our children in private schools in order to avoid their work being hindered, we’re called elitist and the word of the decade “racist”.

• That’s EXACTLY what it means – dummy the curriculum down to the lowest common denominator. Anything less is “unfair” and, far worse, it’s racist. It’s pathetic and it’s only going to get worse.

• justice099 says:

It shows how long this has really been going on. I am not exactly young (nearly 41 years old) so my schooling was in the 80’s under Reagan.

But as I said, they did at least try to accommodate me back then. I had some great teachers. Much of my trouble came from correcting teachers (which in hindsight was disruptive to the class and probably seen as disrespectful.) I got sent to the principle once in 4th grade when the teacher was attempting to demonstrate a home-built electric motor but couldn’t get it to work. So I came up in front of the class and fixed it and explained how it worked.

• Ad rem says:

Good Lord. I used to be a grade-school teacher…(don’t hate me). If you’d have been in one of my classes I would have hugged you to death. 😉

• justice099 says:

I have nothing but love for teachers. Their job is hero-worthy. I still to this day have fond memories of several teachers that influenced me. I can’t imagine many jobs that can claim someone will remember them 30+ years later and speak of what an influence they were.

• auscitizenmom says:

I am very familiar with this. I attended 5 different schools in different states from Kindergarten to 6th grade. I was a Navy brat. So this has been going on for 60 years.

• czarowniczy says:

As opposed to northeastern Puerto…err…Connecticut?

7. LetJusticePrevail" says:

This will work out just as well as the Patriot Act did.

BOHICA

8. Aland says:

Dammed if you do (Gov. Malloy), dammed if you don’t (President).

• I’m afraid I don’t quite understand your comment as it appears you are looking at only two extremes.

There are ways to keep Americans safe without resorting to Tyranny. Malloy has gone straight for a power grab while the President lives in denial that Ebola is a problem at all. These are two extremes. We can close the US borders, deny entrance to anyone from countries infected with Ebola, and quarantine those already exposed thanks to Thomas Duncan without going to straight government tyranny.

• PreNanny says:

Aland, Agree with you. I applaud Gov Malloy for getting ducks in a row in the event ebola
      does come to CT. It took days for the Texas areas to be closed off risking other citizens something many people on these threads at CTH had HUGE problems with properly so.
      This will expedite the process which is what many have been asking for nay demanding.
      I do not get at all why some feel this is bad or a power grab. Perhaps in the light of day
      they will rethink their first blush reaction.

9. So there are no confirmed cases in Connecticut yet but the governor has already declared a state of emergency and can detain anyone suspected of Ebola.

(Hmm. So how long before they have their first confirmed case and everyone that the state government decides is a threat gets rounded up and sent to the same detention area to catch Ebola from the State’s first patient?)

This casual disregard for rights is suspicious – the governor can quarantine the state without suspending anyone’s rights. I’m all for being careful when it comes to Ebola but this is really jumping the gun.

In the immortal words of Patrick Henry, I smell a rat.

10. Horsesoldier says:

How much $$$ will get redistributed with this ponzi scheme? Just follow the money.

11. Stormy says:

23 days until election day * …

• if…

12. chuckles49 says:

Gee, I bet there will be lots of “suspected cases” all over the country come election time.. especially in states where Democrats are behind in the polls.

13. yankeeintx says:

If they are going to put someone in quarantine, maybe they can start with this:

14. west1890 says:

How long before they confiscate weapons so that no “potentially infected persons’ will have the ability to violently resist quarantine and thereby endanger others? 3…..2……1

15. doodahdaze says:

This will cause worse trouble. Nobody will report being sick.

16. laurathefarrar says:

Reblogged this on Know What You Think.

17. What are the chances that Ebola will “appear” before November 4th…to save all the Democrats’ asses up for election?

18. Pingback: BPI reblog Daily Archives: October 11, 2014 | Boudica BPI Weblog

19. kinthenorthwest says:

Hey I will admit if I were a Liberian, suspected I might have Ebola, had plane fare and a passport, I would find some way to get to better medical. Better medical usually equates to America.
    That is most like the reason for the first guy….
    Obama should have seen this coming months ago, now that its stateside who knows how far it will get, and how many more got in.