NEW YORK – In his new full-length documentary film, “There’s No Place Like Utopia,” Joel Gilbert found Peggy Joseph, the Florida voter who became infamous during the 2008 presidential campaign for saying Barack Obama would “pay for my gas and my mortgage.”

Surprisingly, some six years into the Obama presidency, Joseph has turned against the president, disappointed that he did not deliver on his “hope and change” campaign promises.

“Peggy reminded me of Dorothy from ‘The Wizard of Oz,’ who thought the magical wizard would solve all her problems,” Gilbert told WND in an interview.

“When I finally found her address, I knocked on her door and brought her a pair of ruby slippers. When I interviewed Peggy, I was astonished that Peggy explained that she was now anti-Obama. She told me, ‘He was not who we thought or expected him to be.’”

“Truth and honesty are important,” Joseph explained to Gilbert in the film. “He lied about everything.”  (read more)

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Cultural Marxism, Dear Leader - Creepy POTUS Worship, media bias, Notorious Liars, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Peggy Joseph 2008: “Obama gonna pay my mortgage” – – – Peggy Joseph 2014: “He lied about everything.”

1. James F says:

Critical of Obama?
    Is this that “racial animus” that Holder was prattling on about?

2. doodahdaze says:

Here is an example of the black mindset. They just want free stuff because they are black. They do not think they should have to work for it. It is learned. They are indoctrinated from birth. To deprogram them would take years and billions of dollars. Amazing.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

FTA:

“Even more surprising, Joseph and her children, just like her Haitian immigrant parents, had no history of ever accepting any form of government assistance or taxpayer-funded handouts.

Joseph explained that after doing some research and listening more carefully to Obama, she realized he was a fraud, and “just like the Wizard of Oz, Obama has turned out to be nothing more than a man behind a curtain.”

She explained that her comments to a reporter in 2008 were a result of being caught up in the emotion of an Obama campaign rally, and she didn’t think for herself.”

I don’t believe Peggy expected to have her mortgage or fuel bills to be paid by the government. I think that she (like so many of us) just expected that the US government would act on behalf of US citizens, and not in opposition to them. And she just got fooled by the “Hope and Change” BS of the first Obama campaign. Peggy has seen the light, and isn’t afraid to call Obama out for being a liar and a fraud, but there are a LOT of white liberals who haven’t had her epiphany.

• Blacque Jacques Shellacque says:

“She explained that her comments to a reporter in 2008 were a result of being caught up in the emotion of an Obama campaign rally,…”

Mesmerized for a brief time by the object of the cult members’ adoration.

• Josh says:

It is not just the “black” mindset, doodahdaze

• eweturn says:

Cut the flow of freebies, and let evolution take its course.

• Murse says:

By that notion most of Africa would be empty by now. The realty is that people will work for their survival if forced to do so. It is ridiculous that able-bodied welfare recipients are not required to work in the community. How are people to obtain a work ethic if they are not required to earn their keep?

• Shibbity Boo says:

Required to “earn their keep” according to who’s pay scale? And for who’s profit?

Oh, don’t worry. I don’t think you’re some kind of white supremacist. It sounds like you’re looking forward to barn full of well beaten white slaves, as well.

• Murse says:

Slaves, really? So, someone owes you a wage that you think appropriate. And if that wage isn’t given to you then leaching off of others is justified. The fact that you equate working as slavery is just pathetic. I thank God I was not reared by someone like you.

• Shibbity Boo says:

Demanding as much money as you want to extract from people because they exist, and demanding to decide how much you’ll pay them, for however much work you want done? I’d never call that slavery.

You run the mine. You run the rooming house. You run the store. You prevent housing competition. You prevent sales competition. And you set wages. I’d never call that slavery.

You abduct humans. You put them in cages. And you offer them work – for less than US$1 an hour. Of course, you determine how many hours they are allowed to work. You prevent them from working for anyone else. You prevent them from leaving – let’s call it a prison. I’d never call that slavery.

You don’t demand existence taxes, yourself – it just somehow happens. You don’t threaten violence against those that won’t obey you – it just somehow happens. You don’t decide how much workers are paid – the amount of money they’re allowed for themselves, especially after taxes, just somehow happens. I’d never call that slavery.

Of course, my vocabulary is woefully limited.

• ytz4mee says:

So reaching into someone else’s pocket and stealing from them using the government as your goon muscle so YOU don’t have to be someone’s “wage slave” is perfectly acceptable to you.

Nice logic ya got there.

• Shibbity Boo says:

Are you talking about a government release? No handouts from the government, and no payments to the government?

• Murse says:

Haitians work, and often more than one job. I hope she is able to eventually make the connection between individual liberty and prosperity. No doubt she has been taught that Republicans are responsible for her struggles. What is disheartening is the number of Americans who engage in magical thinking and have scant ability to see the facts that keep slapping them in the head on a daily basis.

3. justfactsplz says:

So the sheeple are waking up. If their outcry is loud enough maybe one could hope even the liberal senate would consider impeachment. Yeah, right. Only in the land of Oz.

• doodahdaze says:

Now they are having a big outcry for…FREE WATER>>> in Detroit. These blacks are really pathetic. They won,t pay their water bill.

• justfactsplz says:

Of course not. They want a total free ride. The free stuff has to stop sooner or later.

• Josh says:

doodahdaze, I wish you’d stop with the “black” stuff. You make me sad.

• rashomon says:

I don’t think it’s a reference to “people of color” as much as the BGI attitude that perpetuates an attitude of “Helpless in Seattle (fill in the city, state, country)” where people stop taking any responsibility for their future.

4. Sharon says:

Like I keep saying, those whose hold on (or obtaining of) power depends on deception are always able to find an audience willing to be deceived.

So Peggy Joseph (even though she’s a “hard-working nurse”) was willing to be deceived. And willing to be so caught up in a rally that she says really stupid, false things, indicating a desire to be taken care of and apparently be able to stop working for what she has.

• doodahdaze says:

She is a complete idiot. Obama said his plan would cause gas to skyrocket. She heard..You will get free gas. Not too bright.

• Josh says:

Posted by: Pat Boyle

“I looked up the original YouTube clip. She actually said ‘I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage.’ She didn’t say ‘Obama will pay my mortgage’.”

“Apparently her words got a bit twisted in the media accounts. She may in fact be the idiot the press would have us believe she is, but what she literally said wasn’t all that unreasonable. I will give her the benefit of the doubt – she was wrong about Obama’s ability to improve the economy. That’s all.”

• Josh, I agree with you…I’ve actually been saying this since she first made these statements. At the time, even with all the Obama fervor, I took her statement to mean that she thought she would not have to worry about struggling to make her payments, ie, that what she was earning would be sufficient to cover her bills. I never thought she was looking for free gas or housing.

• labrat says:

Did you watch the follow-up interview in the link? I like her. She basically said she learned to get more interested in politics and when she paid attention she started to realize that we need to take care of ourselves.

5. casparweinburger says:

Did sister really believe that he was going to put gas in her car? Does the POTUS work at Texico?

6. aliashubbatch says:

That’s nice sweetie… she’ll be voting for Hillary in two years. -_-;

7. Jay says:

You all have NO IDEA how much they already get…EBT, WIC, SNAP, CHIP, SSI, disability, TANF, EITC, cash assistance, free healthcare, daycare, prescriptions, immunizations, well baby care, birthing care, formula, heat and air-conditioning, Pampers, parent training, Head Start, free internet service, gas cards, bus cards, taxi credits, free laptops and cell phones, free bkfast, lunch and dinner, summer feeding programs, after school care, summer camps, public pool passes, free literacy training, job training, relocation assistance, school supplies, winter coats, Section-8, free home weatherization and energy assistance, public community centers, minority business grants, black church grants, free legal assistance, free college tuition, and the list goes on and on.

Plus the untaxed cash from welfare fraud, fencing of stolen goods, hair braiding, and illegal drug sales. What was the average benefit amount…$60.000/year or something?

GOV is going to drain your 401K and retirement accounts next, convert them to GRAs, give you an IOU and pay Peggy’s rent to keep her from rioting. Peggy and those like her know where the bacon comes from. Hard-working Whitey. You are their slaves now.

• rashomon says:

You might have missed a few, but your list suggests how the worker bees are being used by the politicians — and I’m not talking about Jimmy Dimon or Bill Gates when I refer to worker bees. They’s the crony-capitalists.

• labrat says:

Get your facts straight. Peggy works. She’s a nurse. Not everyone who voted for Obama was a leech.

• justfactsplz says:

That long list really puts it in perspective. Free laptops and internet? I went for three years without internet because I couldn’t afford it and my sister gave me my laptop for a birthday or I would not have it. I was living within my means and didn’t think about welfare.

• stella says:

It’s a sad but true fact – there are a lot of whites on welfare too.

8. Jay says:

(Black) ethnic chauvinism is an irritating and at times repulsive trait, but (White) ethno-masochism is a thoroughly contemptible affliction.

• stella says:

I don’t believe it’s ethno masochism. It’s just the “hate America first” crowd. I wonder why some people always see things through the prism of race? And that goes for both sides.

9. Josh says:

Jesse Watters goes to Obama’s territory to find out if his supporters still standing by him [2014-June-23]

10. chiavarm says:

To be fair she said she “would not have to worry about paying for gas and her mortgage”, which could just mean she was thinking the economy would be better affording her some lead way on her bills.

• Sigyn says:

Really? That is quit optimistic. She also said “if I help him (Obama), he is going to help me.” She didn’t say anything about him improving conditions so she could afford to pay her own bills. What was Obama going to do to help her pay bills? Nothing. She thought Obama was going to wave a magic wand and all her debts would be taken care of. She was just another delusional woman that saw Obama as her daddy/baby daddy/sugar daddy. Or Santa Claus.

• I agree with your take on this. Based on the original clip, I never though she was looking for a handout.

11. Reblogged this on The Political Chef™ Blog and commented:
    Heh… I love this..course this gal wasn’t the welfare Mom she was made out to be either…but a hoot nonetheless…

12. Lou says:

nice house. one of those 0% down ones that the gov’t won’t kick her out of because she has a kid.

13. Yakmaster says:

Miss Peggy bought the pie-in-the-sky BS and now she’s disappointed that Obama didn’t produce that pie-in-the-sky. I’d be embarrassed to admit it, if I was her.
    SD’s metaphor of The Wizard is so accurate. It’s bizarre that so many voters believed, like children, in Obama’s mythical powers. TWICE.

14. John Galt says:

Zero has screwed everybody except Sunni terrorists and illegal aliens.