George Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, watches her husband leave the courtroom during a recess in his trial at the Seminole circuit court in Sanford

When asked why George Zimmerman was not in the courtroom for his wife’s plea hearing Wednesday, Sims would only say, “That’s an excellent question.”  (link)

Shellie Zimmerman misled the court because she had been told by others to say  “maybe that’s not my money,” her attorney, Kelly Sims, said after the hearing.  (link)

Orlando Sentinel Report – HERE

Fox News Report – HERE

Mark O'Mara 2

Shellie Zimmerman misled the court because she had been told by others to say “maybe that’s not my money,” her attorney, Kelly Sims, said after the hearing. (link)

This entry was posted in Angela Corey, Conspiracy ?, Day By Day Trayvon Lies - The Story, George Zimmerman Open Thread, Mark O'Mara, media bias, Police action, Trayvon Martin, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, Zimmerman Post Trial Threads, Zimmerman Trial Threads. Bookmark the permalink.

140 Responses to Shellie Zimmerman Takes Plea Deal – Admits Guilt – State of Florida V Shellie Zimmerman

1. Sentenza says:

For some reason, this makes me think of the Genesis 18:
    22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the Lord.[d] 23 Then Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24 What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare[e] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?” 26 The Lord said, “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”27 Then Abraham spoke up again: “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, 28 what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five people?”“If I find forty-five there,” he said, “I will not destroy it.”
    29 Once again he spoke to him, “What if only forty are found there?”He said, “For the sake of forty, I will not do it.”30 Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?”He answered, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”31 Abraham said, “Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found there?”He said, “For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it.”32 Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?”He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”33 When the Lord had finished speaking with Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home.

2. Sentenza says:

And remember this quote from Lester?

“Notably, together with the passport, the money only had to be hidden for a short time for him to leave the country if the defendant made a quick decision to flee,” Lester wrote. “It is entirely reasonable for this court to find that, but for the requirement that he be placed on electronic monitoring, the defendant and his wife would have fled the United States with at least $130,000 of other people’s money.”

• That was a despicable prediction on the part of this Judge and it made me furious then – just like reading it again does now. This Judge obviously knows nothing of the character of George Zimmerman or his wife. Granted, I don’t know him either – but I’ve heard enough and read enough of the things he’s done, the people he has tried to help, his love of community and his respect for the the law to come to the reasonable conclusion that George Zimmerman never intended to flee the country. As frightened as he was, that was not in the plans. I was SO glad when they got that judge replaced – until I saw who replaced him. I can’t believe – still – that they were not able to get a change of venue. That’s just almost always done in a case of this magnitude. At the very least, they bring in jurors from somewhere else. The State of Florida was determined to sacrifice GZ to the natives – thank GOD that justice prevailed. I was fully, fully prepared for at least a manslaughter charge and it was all I could do to watch as the verdict was being read that night. I “whooped” all over the house – the dogs thought I had lost my mind!

• unitron says:

Well, if Lester was right about it being other people’s money, then Shellie was right about them not having any.

• sundance says:

Sentenza, there is a lot of people who refuse to understand how damaging that passport issue was. It was sitting in O’Mara’s briefcase for a month…… Everyone says the mistake became no biggie etc. etc.

Yet they fail to see how it was used to structure the issues around the bond revocation and restrictions on the 2nd one. That passport issue was a major snafu, and one that O”mara should have tried much harder to mitigate the consequences. His mistake created major issues for his client George Zimmerman.

• canadacan says:

Mark o Mara actions regarding the passport were totally reprehensible ,slipshod ,utterly selfish

• Sentenza says:

What I see with Mark O’Mara’s representation of Zimmerman is that he’s doing really only the minimum necessary to get the charges against George dropped. My guess is that he saw the Zimmerman case as an easy win, and took it, and then only devoted the minimum effort to seeing justice served, and Zimmerman acquitted. Perhaps he even did less than the minimum.

Either way, Shellie’s case proves that Florida has gone full banana republic, and people who value their money, freedom, and time should not travel to that state, because if the state wants to prosecute you, its agents can simply falsify an affidavit and coerce you into a guilty pleading.

3. hawkeye13 says:

I read the statement and was concerned regarding the part about the the facts being true in the probable cause affidavit… then I realized that it continued and said, filed in this case. I was actually amused, she stated the facts are true, not the lies! sorry, I needed a laugh and this gave me one…

4. StormyeyesC says:

I liked her last line best “the truth will set you free”. I read that as a dare to so many…..an enigma. Smart cookie, that gal.

5. sunnydaze77 says:

Not what i expected to happen…wtg MoM

6. When will Fruit, Toad the Hutt and $ be brought up for lying on the stand?

7. aprilyn43 says:

This is sad … as it will only give fuel to the liberals, who are doing nothing but fanning the flames of hatred, with their constand racist “hate” baiting. She was wrong to do what she did, but in her defense the money for her husbands defense was being stolen by the court system. Her life, the life of family members, and her husbans life, was in constand danger; as it still is. She was given bad counsel and made a decision under great stress. It doesn’t make what she did right, but she is only human and human beings err.

• Coast says:

8. I agree Txmom, Judge Lester’s pretense, made without a scintilla of fact or based in reality was uncalled for. Besides $130K wouldn’t get GZ & Shellie far in any attempt to flee and/or remain free anywhere, who was he kidding? It was part of the mind boggeling attempt to completely destroy this man at whatever costs to appease the BGI et al. Thank goodness for truth and a justice system that worked this time. God bless Shellie and George I am happy this is fading into the past for them slowly but steady. When the verdict was read I did the same, whoo who’d, whooped and screamed and scared my puddy’s. They scattered and headed for the hills (bedrms)…

9. sandymich says:

What does “that’s an excellent question” mean in terms of why GZ was not there?

• sandymich says:

Just found this:

Reporter: In a florida courtroom today shellie zimmerman admitted she lied. She withdrawals her previous flee of not guilty and enter a plea of guilty. Reporter: One person wasn’t in court, her husband george zimmerman.

Christy o’connor interviewed zimmerman who said their marriage is strained. Was he supportive to you? No.

😦

• sundance says:

• sundance says:

Makes sense. Unfortunately…. 😦

Also in the news george zimmerman’s wife with trouble of her own, sentenced in court today for perjury about the donations she and her husband collected. Abc’s clayton sandell now with this news.

And how did that make you feel? Very much alone. Reporter: When her husband was arrested for shooting and killing trayvon martin, donations in the racially charged case came pouring in, more than $200,000.

• justfactsplz says:

There is a back story here. It goes farther back than the night of the shooting. Shellie will tell it when she is ready. She stood by George. There are other people that took advantage of how vulberable she was when she listened to their advice about the pay pal account. I hate it like crazy she faced today feeling alone. My husband and I had fully planned to be there today to show our support but I was too sick to get out (have come down with the stupid shingles). Shellie, girl, I hate you had to plea but I understand. You held your head up and handled yourself with confidence and respect for the system. We are proud of you. Love you, Shellie, and hugs.Now I must stop because thinking about it makes me cry.

• dawndoe says:

I was worried about their marriage when I saw and heard the video of him being stopped for speeding in Texas and he was alone and when he toured the Kel-Tec plant, alone. I had hoped it meant nothing, but it nagged at me. I really, really hope that they will stay together. Praying for Shellie and George and the rest of the family as well.

• ZurichMike says:

Sorry about your bout with shingles! Some of these eruptive skin conditions (shingles, herpes, etc.) can be traced to a lack of the amino acid L-lysine. You can get in any pharmacy or vitamin store. It’s not a drug. Take a couple per day on an empty stomach (faster absorption). It doesn’t cure shingles or herpes, but it helps reduce the flare-ups.

• justfactsplz says:

Thans, I will try it. My doctor had given me a prescription for the shingle vaccine and I had not gotten it yet when I came down with them. The pain is about to drive me out of my mind. Never had them before.

• unitron says:

“At a bond hearing shellie zimmerman lied about how much money the couple had, recorded speaking in code to hide the true amount. Total everything how much are we looking at? Um, like $155”

So at the bond hearing she was speaking in code?

Or was she put under oath before each jail house phone call?

• sundance says:

It’s ABC…. and Shellie is talking to the network of Matt Gutman. I doubt you need to see more to understand the fracture.

Sucks for them. Prayers for healing. Much is needed.

• justfactsplz says:

Amen to your last sentence especially.

• rickmadigan says:

I didn’t know it was this bad, but I had a feeling all along, that either O’Mara would be going down, or Shellie would be going down, and the latter has taken place. Dear God!

• justfactsplz says:

Omara wasn’t about to go down. Poor Shellie. Yes, Rick we must pray for both of them for healing and to trust in God. They both have been through so much, but Shellie so much more I think. She was being bossed around and told what to do by just about everybody IMO. George should have been there today for her.

• doodahdaze says:

This show could be a feature act at the Ice Follies. Whole lotta skating going on.

• rickmadigan says:

“George should have been there today for her”

I am sure there was a good reason. I don’t know why Sims would throw him down like that. No, George loves Shellie. But he has this demon of always being misunderstood on his back. I know, I’ve battled the same demon myself. Too many people are too willing to make the woman into a victim of a man’s insensitivities, rather than looking at the circumstances behind his actions.

10. Cucich Dan says:

Sate Attorney Angela Corey lied in her “probable caus ” affadavit” and needs to be disbarred: miserable, unethical hypocrite that she is

11. Murse says:

So disappointed, but I understand if she lost the will to fight. Omara walks away without a scratch. The man simply has no integrity. I will never be able to understand the mental gymnastics progs go thru to justify their moral flexibility.

12. Lou says:

now, it’s time to lock up Rachel Jenteal for perjury under oath.

13. rumpole2 says:

I guess Bernie will have to write a “Please explain” and apology to Nelson over lies about phone data reports?… Nah probably not!!

14. StormyeyesC says:

At lunch time today, her lawyer Sims held a press conference. In it when asked about why George was not in court today, he replied, “you must wait for the next chapter”. I guess this is it. How sad that this had to happen on top of everything else.
    Sims also said in interview, she was “told to say, won’t say by who, that’s not your money”.

• KPM58 says:

Didn’t Sims also say that GZ did not ask Shellie to lie? Hmmn. If Shellie was “told to say” and GZ did not “tell her to say”, then who would she believe when told it was ok “to say”?

• charlotte says:

It may have been worse if GZ was there. Remember he is a hated figure. There would have been press all over the place and the attention would have been there on him. The BGI may also have shown up. Maybe they had a lookout thereto see if he pitched up-who knows?) The judge may have decided to be spiteful and vindictive if GZ was in court as well. It would to some seem like he was brassy( for want of a better word) Sad but it is better this way. MOM has a lot to answer for. As for the trolls Corey(and does she look like a troll!) and B dLR -screw you both. Karma will come.

• rickmadigan says:

A person with good karma, suffers their comeuppance right away. I don’t think Corey and the others have good karma.

A person with bad karma, never suffers, because they have no conscience or realization of their wrong doing. Since it will take a long time for her to have a conscience, she may not suffer at all in this life

15. IAmGeorgeZimmerman says:

its a lie when she says its not their money, but its true when lester says its other peoples money?
    And crump gets to invent 16 year old minor childs who went to the hospital, whos parents fear for her, whos doctor said she needs rest, and whos parents expressed these concerns to him?
    And sybrina gets to lie at minimum by wearing fake glasses in court, and faking emotion and running out of the room during damning testimony? This whole case and everything they said and did was a lie, but only shelly is to be held to the standard of truth??????

• sandymich says:

It REALLY pisses me off that all of this has gone on and Shellie is the only one who gets in trouble. And now it turns out that she is not getting support from GZ? WTH???????

• sundance says:

A house divided tends to fall. These guys have been under tremendous pressure – beyond imagining. Add in a dose of general disagreement and the fracture becomes a chasm.

Ask Mr. Sims who is this “told by others” of which he speaks and I think it all begins to make sense.

…..”Shellie Zimmerman misled the court because she had been told by others to say “maybe that’s not my money,” her attorney, Kelly Sims, said after the hearing”….

• rickmadigan says:

Sims knows the “others” refers to Mark O’Mara. The problem is that George is in many ways tied to O’Mara because of upcoming lawsuits.

This is very much like Adam and Eve, where Adam had direct counsel with God, Eve didn’t, and had little concept of the “death” that was truly involved in eating the fruit.

When O’Mara counseled George, Shellie understood the Pay Pal account didn’t count as their own money, due to O’Mara saying he could declare George indigent, despite knowing of the $37,000, so it would create confusion whether ANY of the money counted from the Pay Pal account.

Also, Lester said at one point that he didn’t know if he had jurisdiction over Pay Pal funds, so that too would have led to the sense that the Pay Pal account was not “money” so to speak.

I hate how O’Mara has created such a wedge between them. And the sad thing is, neither of them will realize that for a very long time.

• doodahdaze says:

And the train keeps rolling.
          All night long.

16. czarowniczy says:

State prosecutors were embarrassed when the jury handed them their shiny butts in the GZ case. They had to garner some small, minuscule victory to salve their public servant egos; something they could celebrate with drinks at their little watering hole so they could say humiliating defeat wasn’t total. You have to work with persecutors, errr, uhh, ‘prosecutors, to appreciate how petty and vindictive they can be when beaten by a real lawyer.

• St. Benedict's Thistle says:

So was Shellie the scape goat after all? The fall guy for O’Mara and the ‘victory’ for Corey?

• czarowniczy says:

I’m betting someone offered her a deal she couldn’t refuse.

• Sha says:

I’m wondering if the prosecution offered her that deal to give them the information that they needed on Omara . I also think if that is the case it is for them to use when they go in front of the judge for sanctions ( I think that’s what its called )as leverage against Omara.

• czarowniczy says:

Possibly, but i still think part of it was self-serving in that they did at least get a nibble at the apple. I’m not sure how it works in Florida but wouldn’t sanctions be imposed by the Florida Bar Association? Judge could ask for them but the infraction(s) would have to be particularly egregious before most judges would risk kicking a fellow shark in the butt.

• Sha says:

That’s true about the judge. I just recall thinking that when Omara made the remark he wasn’t through with Corey that she let it slip by way to smoothly for the kind of person she is.

• czarowniczy says:

A lot of times judges and lawyers that appear before them have a restrained relationship as neither wants to really PO the other because they will see each other again sometime in the future. If the lawyer is powerful enough he might just be able to get away with giving the judge the finger and the judge (if elected vice appointed) might cross him off of his donations list. Then you have judges who I’ve seen whose behavior can only be explained by a small stroke or hallucinogenic drugs.

17. Big Jim says:

This was a strange case of perjury. As I recall, the court knew that a substantial amount of money had been raised through the web site, though the exact amount was not known. Also, I believe Judge Lester made a comment to the effect that he didn’t know if the donated money could be considered an asset for the purposes of setting bail. During the call Shellie said that she didn’t know how much money there was, but her brother-in-law (I think) did know, and he was readily available. But the court appeared not to be interested in contacting him.

So on the one hand the amount of money they had was so important that Shellie had to be prosecuted for perjury. On the other hand it was so unimportant that it wasn’t even worth making a phone call to the brother-in-law.

• canadacan says:

I have had for some time notice the body language between George and his wife. not very passionate.
      She wasn’t with him on that road trip to Texas or the visit to the gun factory.
      That is a very telling photo there is some distance between them now. the marriage just couldn’t take the strain, everybody was worried about and focused on George naturally.

I think Shelly has felt very alone for a while. I feel bad because they both seem like great people

• canadacan says:

Its a misdemeanor not a felony it shouldn’t affect her nursing career
        Maybe George took it as personal criticism of him when she took a guilty plea. George ,she was there for you you should have been in court regardless.
        I still support George and I like him a lot. but as a woman I am disgusted

• sandymich says:

Me too canada, but it won’t take me long to unlike him if I find out he has done her wrong.

• jello333 says:

I’m not happy Shellie plead guilty to ANYTHING, but I understand it. After a year of probation, even the misdemeanor conviction is (from what I understand) going to be expunged from her record. That’s a great deal considering the original risk of 5 years in jail. And yes, I know she wasn’t really guilty of ANYTHING… but knowing the people she was dealing with, and how evil they are, I can understand her not risking that.

But what bothers me isn’t really this plea. What bothers me is the apparent trouble Shellie and George are having with their marriage. I realize it’s understandable considering the phenomenal amount of stress they’ve both been through for the past year and a half, but still… still makes me very, very sad. Hopefully they don’t give up.

• jello333 says:

Since I’m in Spam Jail, I know I have your attention for at least the moment. 😉 So… my apologies to all the admins for being scarce around here recently. I’ll try to make up for it when things settle down around our house!

• arkansasmimi says:

((((waving jello)))))

• justfactsplz says:

Hurry and get settled in, we miss you!

• jello333 says:

The problem is, we’re doing things a bit backwards: Rather than knowing for sure WHERE we’re moving (although we know we’re remaining in this town), we just decided a date we’d like to be moved by. We then started sorting through all our stuff… half of which is stuff we’ve kept for decades, even though we really have no use for. 😉 “Ok, this is to keep; this is to try to sell; this is to give away; this is to dump!” Doing that AS we’re house-hunting. And now that we’ve finally found a place we like, there’s some legal issues with the previous owners going on, so dates are getting pushed back a bit. All the while we continue to sort, etc, and explain to our current landlady why the dates keep slipping. Oh, and the fact that I’m handling most of this (both physically and process-wise) myself, and the fact that I’m no longer capable of going full-speed 24/7 like I used to be, makes things even more interesting. 😉

• stella says:

Sorry you suffered in spam for so long, but I just checked after sleeping soundly for several hours! We always love you, jello.

• pAUL says:

i agree. This money was no secret. It was out there that it was being collected. Judge Lester knew about the funds and he heard or should have Shellie say her brother-in-law could be contacted by her (probably cell phone called right then) to find out the amount. I can’t imagine what Judge Lester was thnking.NO PHONE CALLl because then you will know the amount that is changing by the minute, PLUS WHERE DOES PURGY GO THEN.
      Perhaps I missed something but gradeful that Lester was taken off that case!!!!

18. StormyeyesC says:

And I have yet to see in writing or hear in recording any consent from the parent of the “minor” DeeDee for Crump (& Gutman-a must have for him) to record her account on 3/19. So DeeDee had to become over 18 to cover someone’s ………yet Crump’s affidavit says …………well ………..we know. Perjury. Someday, others will know too, I hope.
    Shellie should not feel “alone”, tomorrow is another day. Stress is temporary, true love is forever. She has her faith, she is never alone.

19. froggielegs says:

Very sad news all the way around. I do hope both Shellie and George can repair their marriage but if not, I hope they can find peace and happiness in their lives. My heart breaks for these two kids. So much for them to go through at such a young age. 😦

20. StormyeyesC says:

“Holding onto hurt, anger, or pain will not allow us to grow and become who we need to be…” -Shawn LeSage

21. Lulu says:

George got his gun on the advice of law enforcement when pit bulls in the project had menaced Shellie. It was my impression that he was a compassionate man who tried to keep her and the rest of the people in his condo project safe from harm.

Perhaps Shellie is too young to realize the terrible ordeal he was going through, the dreadful future that seemed almost a certainty at times, and how alone he must have felt. Or perhaps a newser, looking for yet a new gossip tidbit, took what was said out of context and let it hang in the air to further condemn George.

Sorry, I am not prepared to buy that.

George is still not safe. To go into court on the 50th anniversary of MLK’s Washington DC speech? Had he been my husband, I’d not have wanted him anywhere near that courthouse.

• canadacan says:

Maybe baby need more info

• WeeWeed says:

No brainer, for sure. +100000000

• rickmadigan says:

Both of them rely on each other, love each other, and would give their lives for each other, you are not wrong about that. They are young enough, that all they know is how to love.

The division and disunity comes from bad experiences. This was a bad experience, with bad people, bad advise and really bad counsel where everyone influenced them really badly. George and Shellie need each other and are good together. Dear God, I hope they see what is behind all the strain in their relationship.

• charlotte says:

Agreed. You are right. I forgot about MLK’s birthday.

22. The strain was to be expected. The hope was always that they would overcome it. My heart goes out to them both. (sniff)

23. StormyeyesC says:

Don Henley…….End of the Innocence

24. hawkeye13 says:

I thought Shellie had some sort of “can’t leave the area” condition on her… if so, she could not travel with George yet. Now hopefully this is behind her and she can move forward and to spend more time with George away from all this garbage. Of course if the other lawsuits are happening, then George won’t be too far away…

• doodahdaze says:

This is a release. Adjudication with held. Will not go on her record. No contest on both sides. End of matter. Now bring on the Beezley Boyz. The last barrier is the open Holdr investigation….Hmmmm. How long ya think they will have to keep on investigatin? Til the Cow gets back from jumping over the Moon?

25. katcreg says:

The picture above of Shellie with GZ’s parents looking sadly towards GZ who’s looking down has always spoken volumes to me on the state of their marriage. And it’s always made me very sad for the both of them. There is true loneliness and pain in her eyes. Thankfully she only gets a misdemeanor charge and can continue on her way to being a nurse if that’s what she wants to do with her life.

26. Pingback: The Trayvon Martin Case, Update 37.3: Near Resolution | Stately McDaniel Manor

27. rickmadigan says:

Reblogged this on Railroading of an American Hero and commented:
    letsbefairtogz: August 28, 2013 at 10:33 am
    The cloud over ones head has to be removed before further action is taken, the risk to one’s future is too great and the depths of the machinations too daunting This will not be the end of this fiasco, only the beginning

Chip Bennett’s analysis of why Shellie DID NOT lie, no matter how you look at it:

28. Sha says:

Shellie : I am saddened that you had to take a plea deal , but I am proud of you for standing tall and doing what you feel you must do for you . Keep your head up and don’t let it drop for anyone you will make it threw this………….

29. Aslan's Girl says:

This is very sad. Could it be that George wanted her to not plead guilty and that’s the cause of her not feeling his “support”?

• Lynn says:

You could be right. The odd thing about this is that she gave an interview with abc. I figured if they did any interviews that it would be on Fox. Why on earth would she do this?Does anyone know when this interview is going to be shown?

30. whiteradish says:

How long was George in jail? That would put distance in any relationship. Add financial and safety fears.

31. Moishe Pipik says:

Meanwhile, African Americans are spitting mad that Mrs. Zimmerman isn’t going away for a long time.

Time the fuck out! George Zimmerman's wife was found guilty of perjury & only caught a year of probation!? #SayItAintSo— Marcellus Pennington (@Goin_Lamb) August 29, 2013

32. Unicron says:

“Under the same circumstances I think I would have tried to hid or obscure the funds from the State too. Just look at what they were trying to do to her husband. Basically the State turned Shellie into a criminal by their own misdeeds.”

I saw Coast post this and I completely agree. To this day, I remain unsure of whether there was a deliberate deception about the money or if it was just a case of people in a situation utterly alien to them, getting bad advice from legal counsel, or misunderstanding what qualified as their assets, and 100 other factors like that weighing in, but among those considerations I’ve always felt that offering to get RZJR on the phone for an up to date total of the account balance negates a lot of those concerns…

Regardless, assuming for a moment that it was an outright, deliberate deception.. I can’t say I blame them. They were at a place when the gauntlet had been thrown down. The legal apparatus of Florida had made it abundantly clear that they weren’t going to follow their own rules, and were going to embark on an extra-legal witch hunt of George Zimmerman. I think it’s completely natural in such a situation, when you realize the government itself has decided that serving up your head on a platter to the ignorant, howling mobs gathered outside the jail with pitchforks and torches in hand… is more expedient and valuable to them than adhering to their own principles and laws? Well, I don’t know how a citizen can be expected to give full respect to those same principles and laws in response.

The purpose of the money people like myself donated was to help with attorney’s fees and living costs, not to have it all sucked away in one fell swoop for a bond payment. I don’t fault the Zimmermans at all if they lied to protect those funds, and I only wish it would have worked. But again, I am not convinced that they did deliberately seek to deceive the court. I’m unsure on that.

I also don’t fault George one iota if he lied about “you’re gonna die tonight” or Trayvon going for the gun, I tend to think going for the gun probably did happen or was at least perceived to be happening… but if he embellished those? More power to him. More than enough had happened to justify lawful self-defense. If he felt the need to put the final polish on his self-defense claim with some embellishments of that sort… I fully understand. If you defend your life, lawfully, while in reasonable and true fear for that life, but you find yourself in a corrupt country with a corrupt system which values political correctness over morality or it’s own laws… do what you’ve got to do.

• dawndoe says:

I’ve wondered, at times, if George did embellish the “You’re gonna die tonight, MF!” But then I wouldn’t put it past a gangsta wannabe to have said something like that.

33. StormyeyesC says:

And Ben Crump has this video on his twitter to fan more flames……….Really? WTH?

• rumpole2 says:

What a third rate loon!!
      And what has taken him so long?

He can identify One accomplice.. and possibly infers another….

HA! Ludwig at Justarse Quest “Farts in his general direction”

Over a year ago, Ludwig identified FOUR accomplices (2 male, 2 female) AND a cockatoo lol

• This guy’s a loony. Talk about a “conspiracy theory” – and an attorney is giving credence to this? Wow! In the part of the tape wherein the accomplice “Jeremy” is claimed to be saying, “He told me he’d shoot him” at BEST you can hear the word “shooter” – maybe. And the part where he says that GZ says, “Shit, give me your light” is static on the call, not even words.. Same with Jeremy “crying” – this is absurd. This is what happens when dumb people try to “think” too much. Good laugh, though, it if wasn’t so pitiful and inflaming.

34. sandymich says:

George Zimmerman’s Wife Says He Has ‘Beaten Down Her Self Esteem’

By Kevin Dolak
    @kdolak
    Aug 28, 2013 8:46pm
    ABC shellie zimmerman nt 130828 4×3 608 George Zimmermans Wife Says He Has Beaten Down Her Self Esteem
    ABC News

The Florida investigative journalist who is the first reporter to sit down with George Zimmerman’s wife, Shellie, said that during their “stunning” hourlong interview, the acquitted killer’s wife said that her husband has “beaten down her self-esteem,” but she is “looking forward to getting her life back.”

“When I asked her why she was doing [the interview], Shellie said, ‘I want to start my life back.’ George Zimmerman has beaten down her self-esteem,” O’Connor told ABCNews.com, adding that Shellie is using this opportunity for a new start. “She has a moment in the spotlight. She wants everyone to know that she changed her life.”

O’Connor, who is working on a book about the George Zimmerman trial, also hinted that there was evidence that was mishandled, saying that during the sensational trial, “there were so many untruths told.”

“What the jury never heard could have led to a different verdict,” she said.

35. ytz4mee says:

GZ appearing with her in court would have turned the whole episode into a circus.

• rickmadigan says:

Thank you ytz! That’s what I am talking about!

Having perspective is the hardest thing to do when we are divided. The feelings that Shellie is experiencing are normal.

Under the best of circumstances women feel they are taken for granted. And in a situation like this, of course.

They are young and this is so much burden to put on them. And then Sims is out there singing Tammy Wynette’s, “stand by your man.” Both George and Shellie stood by each other, and were willing to endure jail for each other. So all the throwing down of George by lawyers is not helping the couple at all!

36. kathyca says:

The use of quotation marks and the proper noun choice outside the quotation marks in the articles about the interview have me waiting to hear the actual unedited interview …..again.

37. ZurichMike says:

Putting aside the marital dynamic of the GZ and SZ, I see the plea deal in a more faorable light in a no-win situation. In one year her record will be expunged, i.e., as if it never happened. In exchange for her plea, she also avoids the emotional, financial, and personal cost of another “show trial” (where, of course, the entire GZ case would be replayed ad nauseum as “background” to her case — and in this case GZ would have been called to the stand as a material witness) in the kangaroo court system of Florida where corrupt political hacks like Lester and Nelson are judges, where corrupt prosecutors like Corey and BDLR and Guy are employed, where corrupt, mincing, penny-loafered lawyers like MOM play career poker with their clients’ freedoms and rights. Does this make her as bad as the system she is in? No. Continuing with the card playing analogy, she is playing the hand dealt to her. And who knows? Maybe *she* insisted on the plea deal over the objections of her attorney.

Perhaps she is going to the media for the simple reason of needing money to pay legal fees. Maybe the GZ was not supportive because he thinks she should not have accepted the plea deal and instead fought to have her her day in court. My guess is that she was not allowed to leave the State of Florida (or the county perhaps) while her case was pending. Another guess is that in one year, she and GZ will leave the State of Florida and start a new life away from the cesspool of judicial filth in Florida. Whether their marriage stays intact remains to be seen. But time heals all wounds, real or imagined.

• rickmadigan says:

I hope they stay together. I cannot imagine George without her. He has shown time and again how trusting and giving he is. Where she has shown strength and uncommon good sense in cooperating, yet pulling George back when necessary, as we saw in the one call, where he was going to get out of the truck, and she said, no, you’re not, and George is like why, and she says, because, you’re not going out there.

She is strong and loves him, he needs her. He loves her and does everything for their future together, she needs him.

• dawndoe says:

What call are you talking about? I must have missed that one.

I, too, hope they stay together. I think they need each other. I think he especially needs her. She seems to be the more cautious one, and George needs some caution in his life. Though, that may be part of their problem. Anyway, I’m praying for them. If God is truly their Center (individually and together), their marriage will survive.

• rickmadigan says:

It was one of the NEN calls played in court. Ricky Jimenez had argued a whole bunch with me on that call, on D-Man’s blog, saying that George was always itching to get out and pursue, but that time Shellie’s being there saved him.

You can hear her next to him, saying firmly, “you are NOT getting out of the car.” To which he responds, “why not?” And she says, “because! …”

• dawndoe says:

Thanks, Rick!

Wow, I watched the trial and heard the NEN calls and that never jumped out at me, I don’t even recall hearing it. (Not saying it wasn’t on the tape, I’m just surprised I didn’t catch it, that’s all.) But my husband and I have had that conversation as to whether or not George should have gotten out of the truck. I said that I was having a hard time being objective on that point (cuz I just knew in my heart George was innocent) and that I understood him thinking Trayvon was gone and there was no real threat to his safety. My husband said, “If it were you and me in the truck, would you have let me get out?” I had to answer, “No.”

• rumpole2 says:

I agree… about the plea deal….I may quote you at RT.

I can not be so understanding about the interview. Mind you, I can not understand the apparent “American” inclination to air personal matters in media interviews, generally.
      I guess its a “Culture” thing? British stiff upper lip… eh what?

• ZurichMike says:

Funny you should mention that. Now that I’ve been in Europe some 12 years, I have become more reserved. Some of it is just getting older, some of it is being in Switzerland (and now Swiss, too) — discretion is the better part of valor, etc. Americans are very open, but as we see in this case, sometimes it’s just too much information.

• rumpole2 says:

Of course individuals within any culture vary in regards “openess”.
          I am very much a “suffer in silence” “play cards close to the chest” kinda guy.
          I do see what I consider TMI a lot on US shows… as opposed to UK shows… though they can at times be as bad.
          My direct knowledge of things “Swiss” is limited to clocks, watches and chocolate… but the reputation (stereotype) is that of a very reserved bunch 🙂

oh… MUH! by Matterhorn Project

• Sharon says:

Not all Americans, rumpole2. I am about up to here with the FB generation that apparently can’t do a blasted thing unless they have an audience. And apparently, they can always get one. Good grief.

Millions of Americans, myself included, wouldn’t be caught dead watching such interviews.

Why on earth would I? I’m quite serious…what would be my reason? Is there a GOOD reason I should watch this? I can’t think of a one. I wouldn’t watch this for the same reason I won’t watch Barack’s next press conference. There is nothing useful or new to be learned. Thank God for people like Rush and Sundance who are willing to pay a personal price to keep watch, analyze, evaluate and connect the dots. I don’t argue that someone watching is unnecessary.

There really is nothing new under the sun. The media really is what we know it to be. This entire case really is the biggest, distorted mess of every kind that we have known it to be for about fifteen or sixteen months now. The compulsion to have to “find out who said what today about who” is what it is: curiosity and compulsion.

Time thus spent is gone forever. So – no. Not all Americans give up their time so cheaply..

• rumpole2 says:

AGREE Not all American’s.
          But your media… TV shows etc go before you, and present an image to the world. NOT all bad from my perspective. Far from it. But the mic in the face at every event.. and people apparently clamoring to do an interview… as if the event is not certified as real until it’s subject to the TV interview. The option of NOT doing an interview seems to be off the table…. it’s just a matter of which of the media dogs gets the “scoop”.

• rumpole2 says:

BTW that style is NOT necessarily seen as “bad” it is perhaps envied… and copied to some extent. Maybe I am the odd man out… dead-pan, brooding type… a bit like Clint Eastwood/Man with no name lol

• Sharon says:

Yup. Makes me sick. That’s why media, at our house, is always off.

Except for Mash reruns. And Mark Levin. Not necessarily in that order. And not on all days.

• rickmadigan says:

And its not simply that they are so open and out there with all their business, but they are extremely prejudiced toward those who are not like them.

Do you have something called “ice breakers” which are used in team environments? In a lot of teams and groups they do what is called an ice breaker to get everyone talking about themselves and sharing the most private things, at work, school, community groups, meetup groups, etc.

Much of this psychology of friendliness and openness has been influenced by black culture, which seeks to bond in intimacy and friendliness.

If a person is closed about their life’s goings on, and if they are indifferent and stoic, not willing to share their suffering, they are perceived as anti social, hostile, criminal and racist, toward blacks. (yes that, I can give you examples)

38. Springstreet says:

Shellie was BDLR and John (Ken Doll) Guy’s “get out of jail free” card. Now they have a witness to document O’Mara’s lies … and that will end the sanctions case against them. And, this all happened because (as a result of their vile persecution) they knew no one would ever be able to be (safely) near George Zimmerman again. So, Shellie had to leave and she took the best offer she could get. And, maybe George agreed … just like when he protected the two black kids he mentored from becoming publicly known (and thus put in harm’s way).
    And the persecutors? With O’Mara neutralized and part of the plea deal being Shellie’s ABC “interview”… now even the Beasley boys will be out of luck too.
    And me? I thought I would be sad … or just very angry … but now I think I have just given up. Mere truth will never be enough to fight Obama’s media … and the self-destructive pursuits of his “brothers”.

• Sha says:

I was thinking the same thing about the sanctions…….. As for BDLR , Corey, and Guy they have no honor and in my eyes are liar’s and cheats who will do and say anything to get the results they wont. A liar who call’s another person out for telling a lie is a hypocrite.

39. PeruvianMom says:

The strain must have been unbearble for both of them. Fighting desperately against an international behemoth of a PR campaign drawing hate from across the globe. Then the mighty state-sponsored sociopaths breathing down their necks like velociraptors. And the death threats. Then having a lawyer who has crossed the line and failed to advocate. All that’s missing are the plagues of Egypt. Maybe Humpty Dumpty can be put back together again, but it will really be a new type of relationship for the Zimmermans, if at all. Bless their hearts.

40. chuckles49 says:

Jesus had Judas, George has Shellie.. I expected as much to happen. She’s just looking for a way to extricate herself from the whole situation at any costs. Fortunately, it doesn’t work that way. Judas found that out too.

• katcreg says:

Shellie is not a Judas. Shellie, in my eyes, is a woman who has been very hurt. They were having marital problems before this happened and then all the public pressure ever since it happened. It’s too much on top of the already damaged marriage. She says she was staying at her father’s house when the shooting occurred…..a wife doesn’t return to her father’s home lightly or just to pout for a little while.

Shellie is a very strong woman. She stayed with George throughout this whole ordeal even though she was obviously having doubts before anything happened. It’s very hard to stay in a marriage that isn’t working. But she did stay with him throughout his troubles. She could have divorced him at any time during all of this. But she didn’t.

She needs now to do whatever she needs to do to find happiness and quality in her life again. It would be wonderful if she could do that with George….but if she can’t, don’t blame her for only wanting what everyone wants in life. Happiness, peace, feeling loved no matter what, supported emotionally throughout everything life throws at you.

• chuckles49 says:

Sorry, but I beg to differ. If I were George, I’d be feeling pretty betrayed at this point. Not only did she air their dirty laundry on national TV, she went on to apologize to the Martin family as if George did something wrong by defending himself.

As some tweets have indicated, turning her back on George will not get her off the radar of the Trayvonites. I feel sorry for George, he’s a modern day Job.

41. nameofthepen says:

Haven’t watched the interview, and probably won’t. But, according to this article, George and Shelly were already having troubles. As a matter of fact, according to this article, she stated that the night of the shooting, she was not home, but was staying at her father’s house, since she and George had had a fight:

If that’s true, and the marriage was already in trouble, I can’t imagine the additional strain put upon her and George during the trial, the fear, the loss of all the little daily freedoms we all take for granted, and the loss of privacy during the hiding out – the total disruption of their lives, and the enforced close-quarters living it forced upon them.

I would tend to give her props for enduring it for the sake of solidarity with the Zimmermans, in the pursuit of justice over personal discomfort.

Just my humble opinion on all this. 😉

42. Pingback: Shellie’s apology and Zimmermans moral high ground! | Railroading of an American Hero