Monday Open Thread – May 7th

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

86 Responses to Monday Open Thread – May 7th

1. Aussie says:

Progress report: the most important thing has now been completed. My internet connection is up and running properly. Long story so do not ask…..:). Only unwrapped a few things today because my hands are a little sore and I do not want to aggravate my back. Perhaps tomorrow I will manage to do quite a bit more so that I can get some more boxes out of the way.

2. WeeWeed says:

“The Planned Re-election Of Obama, Revolutionary Style”

Shades of Ulsterman….. 😯

• stellap says:

That is chilling.

• texan59 says:

Story is right in line w/Ulsterman. Might just have to work on armory acquisition project of my own for travelling the hiways and byways of H-town hood. πŸ‘Ώ

The exasperating part is how we can see the left’s long-term view of things as opposed to our side where we feel like everything will be cured in one or two elections. They take the view of the communists where they look out over 100 or even 1000 years. We look out about 2 weeks ahead. It seems to be somewhat of a crimp in your plans when those on your (our) side have to go out and work, while those on the other side have willing help from all those who seem to have a lot of free time on their hands.

FEMA blizzard homegrown jihad

• Very well put! I honestly don’t know how to fight this aspect of the battle. It’s both exasperating and confounding. I guess we just hope they’re always too distracted by the food poisoning they get in the OWS Kitchen Tent and the usual genital parasites and herpes. There are some advantages to working for a living, I suppose. πŸ˜‰

• texan59 says:

Those are the true useful idiots. The cannon fodder. The Ayers’ and Van Jones et al, are the central planners. They have the perspective and guile and the stomach for this. And apparently they have enough money behind them from spooky dude and friends so they don’t actually have to have a real job. πŸ‘Ώ

homegrown jihad FEMA blizzard

• Sharon says:

Sort of makes a joke of the phrase “Congressional oversight,” doesn’t it.

3. texan59 says:

The brilliance of Robert Reich. Not socialism, just a better capitalist system with greater redistribution of wealth. I would make some comment about wondering how stupid do these people think we are, but I’ll just let him speak for himself. πŸ‘Ώ

FEMA jihad blizzard interstate

4. texan59 says:

I got this from over at LI. Where all our stuff comes from.

5. WeeWeed says:

LOL!! Email……….
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TEXAS BEER JOINT SUES LOCAL CHURCH OVER LIGHTNING STRIKE!
    (This should keep you chuckling for awhile)

A bar called Drummond’s (in Mt Vernon, Texas) began construction on an
    expansion of their building, hoping to “grow” their business.

In response, the local Southern Baptist Church started a campaign to
    block the bar from expanding – petitions, prayers, etc.

About a week before the bar’s grand re-opening, a bolt of lightning
    struck the bar and burned it to the ground!

Afterward, the church folks were rather smug – bragging about “the
    power of prayer”.

The angry bar owner eventually sued the church on grounds that the
    church… “Was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building,
    through direct actions or indirect means.”

Of course, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any
    connection to the building’s demise.

The judge read carefully through the plaintiff’s complaint and the
    defendant’s reply.

He then opened the hearing by saying:

“I don’t know how I’m going to decide this, but it appears from the
    paperwork that what we have here is a bar owner who now believes in
    the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that does not.”

True story!!

6. Patriot Dreamer says:

from Zombie:

Cloward-Piven Strategy Working Perfectly β€” in Europe

7. WOW. Must read.

I heard this dhimm broad on the radio this morning – she rambled on about how someone on the prosecutor’s side was dressed “in a particular way” that was a distraction to her client.

There are a million things wrong with this, but the one thing that struck me in particular is that here you have a liberal who is “slut shaming” another woman for the way she dresses. Isn’t that one of their biggest issues…the war on womyn? The hypocrisy is unreal. She needs to be called on this on the Twitter, FB etc…I wish I had time today but super swamped at work.

8. WeeWeed says:

WOW, y’all, SD is a “Must Read” over at Lucianne.com today!!! Awesome!!

• ZurichMike says:

I just saw it and wanted to post the good news, but you beat me to it!

Well done, SD!

• Shalini says:

Wonderful!!! But I would think SD should be a must read everywhere where truth is the only agenda!

• GracieD says:

Congrats, Buddy! SD, you and the rest of the gang never fail to amaze me. As always I’ll do anything I can to help…even paying Marie LaVeau a visit. πŸ˜€

• WeeWeed says:

:D!! Might be time to post her “song” this Friday……

• zmalfoy says:

Heh, lol. You startin’ to sound like me, cherie, threatenin’ to bust out de “Non-approved sources of influence. . .”

Though, if ya stop by her place, give the ol’ gal my regards. . .ain’t been by her place in a decade or so. . .

• The Tundra PA says:

Absolutely outstanding! And some of the Lucianne comments just warm the cockles of my heart:

#27: This is prize winning writing reporting, the result of individual genius without a corruption controlled editor/boss like all of the mafia media. This is pure watch dog journalism of the highest quality. It’s an Everybody Must Read, not that long gem, and everybody must send this to everybody you know who still has a flicker of truth left in them from all the mafia media brainwash This genius article is another Breitbart-like, Lucianne-like, rallying point for truth. Bravo Lucianne for presenting it !

#30: Conservative Treehouse has been doing investigative work in the Trayvon Martin scandal that in a normal realm would earn them a Pulitzer.
      Their jaw dropping expose should embarrass the shabby media .
      Thanks for giving them a H/T.

I’m betting the sitemeter will be spinning out of control today! Congrats Sundance and admins! The truth has no agenda…

• Shalini says:

This made me wonder. Remember how HB got all that exposure from Rush Limbaugh reading their work? I think you all deserve that, a lot more. I would love it if it happened to you guys.

• Bijou says:

Congrats, SD! You’ve ARRIVED, and well deserved.
      Lucianne is priceless to have as an “ally”.

• This is a really good hat tip. Well done.

• MRM says:

Absolutely deserved!!

• texan59 says:

If she’s reading it, I bet she’s sent it to her baby boy, who does have some stroke in the big boy club. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

9. jordan2 says:

It is very difficult to get some people to even come over here and look at the facts of the case, liberals at HP in particular.

They simply refuse so I am wondering if any other sites have similar factual information

• zmalfoy says:

Well, we’re trying to spread it. In the meantime, it the Huff-Puffers don’t wanna come over, I ain’t gonna cry. Always so troublesome to clean up the messes they leave. . .

• Sharon says:

They have access to the same factual information. Everything on the site here is linked, and they could have it found themselves if they were looking for it. The Treehouse is not the source of any of this: the Treehouse links to the sources.

They’ve got their story and they’re stickin’ with it. Don’t forget: a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. Truth and light and factual information do not fit their storyline or the goals of their DOJ.

10. Shalini says:

Yesterday (May 7th) was my niece’s 14th birthday. I couldn’t speak to her for a long time so I thought I’d dedicate a song from one of her favourite artists, just so I’d feel better. But the choice might offend you all a wee bit, so I’ll refrain.

11. Bijou says:

Hope you guys don’t mind a “change of pace”. All work and no play…
    “Britain’s Got Talent” is at the Semi-Final stage, and my favorite performers closed the show tonight. I’m so excited for these kids I wanted to share this.
    He’s 17, she’s 16…they’re outstanding in their talent and their poise.

• Sharon says:

I glad they’s still in. They’re quite a duo. I just caught their very first performance and don’t follow the talent shows…but they represent, again, someone who has flummoxed the “experts.”

• Bijou says:

Exactly, Sharon.
        That insufferable snob, Simon Cowell, was quite rude to them at the audition, but has been forced to “eat crow”. Looks good on him.
        I just think it’s so refreshing to see young people like this willing to work hard towards a long-term goal.

12. Admins – I might be back in bidness….. I bought a SERIOUS hardware package from “you know who” off grid, to stop “them” from shutting me down…. I just finished installing it along with a rebuild and it appears to be working. My router speed is now faster, randomly than those chasing me even when they are using fiber optic destruct virus, so they can’t 404 block me any longer until after I’ve arrived at my destination, by then it’s too late. πŸ˜€ *fingers crossed, and throw the ju ju bones*

This means I can get back to commenting and posting….. Yeah ! Gonna work on #18 now, and hopefully source research links can continue to #19.

Julison and Team are reading every scintilla posted including the tip line thread, he already deleted his linkedin profile because of the connection to Jeff Weiner (Orlando Sentinel) being exposed and about to be blown wide open. But I got Screen Shots just in time.

For those of you clueless about what you are reading, the mouse just got faster than the cat. Time to let loose the flamethrowers of TRUTH….. Yahoooo…..

13. solaratov says:

Bob Strait has died….. :-(…..

πŸ‘Ώ

militia. hijack. anthrax.

• WeeWeed says:

That breaks my heart. 😦

• WeeWeed says:

How quick will we hear about “Justice For The Straits?” Or, will the Money Machine go for Tyrone?? πŸ‘Ώ

Photobucket

• barnslayer says:

Bob Strait jumped with the 101st Abn Div. D-Day.
      Photobucket

• WeeWeed says:

May God bless them both (The Straits.) And I’ve edited my ownself, once again. 😦

• Sharon says:

Is there enough self-editing for this one. I don’t know.

Add: I trashed my own comment above along with the two replies which became orphans when I deleted my comment. This is one of those times when I’d like to say, “I’m really better than that,” but obviously, I’m not. The Scripture that says “The anger of man does not work the righteousness of God” is especially applicable when we are confronted with raw evil. I’m talking to myself here–not to anyone else.

• My heart aches for this family. Time to spend a little quiet time in prayer for their souls. The absolute worst and most vile evil was delivered upon this couple. May God wrap his loving arms around their souls and find some way to comfort the family despite the horror.

This is so horrific, it is difficult to talk about. Better to sit still a bit and just pray. .

14. Sharon says:

From the article: (what could possibly go wrong???)

The list of required knowledge for first responders gets longer all the time. Now firefighters are being alerted to potential danger during rescue procedures involving hybrid or electric vehicles…

At a conference of in Las Vegas this weekend, the National Fire Protection Association provided a day of training for trainers β€” firefighters who will return home to share with their ranks practical knowledge about the cars.

Safely disabling the the batteries tops the list. High-voltage batteries that operate the vehicle systems carry enough juice to kill or severely injure a rescuer who incorrectly cuts a cable. Students also spent time sorting out the varying features on hybrid and electric models, including airbag trigger mechanisms.

Silent movement is another hazard for a rescuer who might believe a motionless car is off. The cars are silent when they’re in battery mode, and can begin to move forward when obstacles blocking their paths are removed. The engine in a hybrid model might unexpectedly kick on when the battery has drained…

Got popcorn?