Statement by the Press Secretary on the President’s Call to President-elect Hollande of France

President Obama called President-elect Francois Hollande of France to congratulate him after the results of the French election were announced today. President Obama indicated that he looks forward to working closely with Mr. Hollande and his government on a range of shared economic and security challenges.

President Obama noted that he will welcome President-elect Hollande to Camp David for the G-8 Summit [May 18th] and to Chicago for the NATO Summit later this month [20th], and proposed that they meet beforehand at the White House.  President Obama and President-elect Hollande each reaffirmed the important and enduring alliance between the people of the United States and France.

This entry was posted in Obama re-election, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Birds Of A Feather – Obama Immediately Calls Comrade Hollande To Arrange Visit….. ASAP

1. fedup says:

Why is he holding the phone upside down?

2. fedup says:

Have they come out with a new kind of phone?

3. mkm19602000 says:

It was from the campaign in 2008. I can’t decide if Obama is putting us on, or is that f*cking stupid.

4. Hello…. President Hollande….. Yeah…. Umm.. Uhh… It’s me… Umm…. I just wanted to … Uhhh.. Say that I… I mean America…. I… Umm….Uhhh… Will stand beside you Umm… Until I need to …. Umm…. Stab you in the back….. To … Ummm…. Impress my adoring fans….. So when I lie about you…. Uhhh…. Later on…. Uhhh…. Ummm…. I mean it…. Except that I don’t …. When I do….

5. sidneytawl says:

Its obviously a FRENCH phone. They invented the phone you know.

6. celt84 says:

LMAO..Not surprising that oBama wasted no time phoning his socialist soul mate across the pond but I haven’t heard that he’s called Netanyahu yet to offer condolences on the loss of his father.

btw..Interesting piece by Paul Roderick Gregory in Forbes. April 22nd 2012, providing a point-by-point comparison of the candidacy and electoral platform of Hollande and oBama:
    The news blackout on the overlaps between Obama’s and Hollande’s platforms is no mystery. Sixty percent of Americans react negatively to the term “socialism.” The Obama campaign must conceal that it is offering the same electoral program as Europe’s weightiest left-wing party. This insight would raise the uncomfortable issue of Is President Obama Truly a Socialist? Democrat strategists must find diversions, such as the Republican war on women or the personal wealth of Romney, to keep this question out of electoral discourse.
    Both Obama and Hollande are socialists of the European reform Marxist variety. In France, the socialist label has a long and proud tradition among intellectuals, union members, and beneficiaries of the welfare state. If Romney succeeds in pinning the socialist label on Obama, Obama’s chances of re-election would be slim.
    link:http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2012/04/22/french-socialists-test-ride-obama-platform/

7. Bet he won’t make Francois use the WH entrance near the garbage cans.

8. garnette says:

Birds? Birds? You had to use the word birds to describe them? I’ll have you know that birds are a very hard working animal…. ummm, excuse me, while I go check my food dish to see if somebody remembered to feed me today. 🙂

• WeeWeed says:

😆

• WeeWeed says:

LOL!!! OK, here’s yas one where the bird’s the hero……

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A burglar broke into a house one night.
      He shone his torch around,
      looking for valuables when a voice in the dark said,
      ‘Jesus knows you’re here.’

He nearly jumped out of his skin,
      clicked his torch off, and froze.

When he heard nothing more,
      after a bit, he shook his head and
      continued.

Just as he pulled the stereo out so
      he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he
      heard ‘Jesus is watching you.’

Freaked out, he shone his torch around frantically,
      looking for the source of the voice.

Finally, in the corner of the room, his torch
      beam came to rest on a parrot.

‘Did you say that?’ he hissed at the parrot.

‘Yep’, the parrot confessed, then squawked,
      ‘I’m just trying to warn you that he is
      watching you.’

The burglar relaxed. ‘Warn me,
      huh? Who in the world are you ?’

‘Moses,’ replied the bird.

‘Moses?’ the burglar laughed.
      ‘What kind of people would name a bird
      Moses?’

‘The kind of people that would name a
      Rottweiler Jesus.’