Some Pretty Neat Ways To Test Your Brain…

Test #1:  A Woman Running

Look at the spinning woman and if she is turning right, your right side of your brain is working. If she is turning left, your left side of your brain is working. If she turns both ways for you, then you have a 160 or better IQ.

Perhaps you’ll find the spinning cat a little easier?  (Hint…focus on the tail.)

Test #2:  Test Your Brain – Alzheimer’s Eye Test

Count every ‘F ‘ in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

How many did you find?

Wrong: there are 6 – no joke. Read it again.

Really, go back and try to find the 6 F’s before you scroll down. The reasoning behind this is that the brain cannot process ‘OF’ when you are looking for F’s.

Incredible or what? Go back and look again. Anyone who counts all 6 F’s on the first go is a genius!

Three is normal, four is quite rare.

Test #3:  Read out loud the text inside the triangle below.

More than likely you said, “A bird in the bush”. If this is what you said, then you failed to see that the word THE is repeated twice. So look again.

Test #4:  Read what’s there

You may not see it at first, but the white spaces read the word optical and the blue landscape reads the word illusion. Look again! Can you see why this Brain Rewiring for Mental and Physical Disorders is called an optical illusion?

Test #5:  Another read what’s there

What do you see here?

This one is quite tricky. The word TEACH reflects as LEARN.

Test #6:  More Brain Stuff … from Cambridge University

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on!

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Humor & Quizzes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

122 Responses to Some Pretty Neat Ways To Test Your Brain…

1. barnslayer says:

I call shenanigans on the spinning woman. It’s a loop that shifts directions after a while. Right?

2. stellap says:

Well, I can see the lady spinning in either direction (if I close my eyes, and imagine the spin in the opposite direction, I can see it when I open my eyes), but I’m sure my IQ isn’t 160! I test lower than that. I flunked the Alzheimer’s eye test at first. I should have remembered the old proofreader’s trick – look from right ot left instead of from left to right!

Cool, Puddy! It’s fun to have something uplifting for a change.

3. That first one is the screen saver on the TSA airport monitors.

4. Aussie says:

By the way I counted 4 of the f’s the first time.

5. WeeWeed says:

Stare at the “you have an IQ of 160 or above” and she goes back and forth like a riverdance clogger.

6. texan59 says:

HEY Y’ALL. Get back to work. We have a Country to save!!!! 😆

7. GracieD says:

#6 was the easiest for me, since I am dyslexic…which I did not know until I was in High School. The Spinning lady went the other way for me after I blinked. I do have a high IQ, but not sure if the statement with that particular one is correct. My head is filled with useless information. I was reading on a College Level by the end of the fifth grade, and on a post graduate level by the time I started the seventh grade….Thanks Mom!

8. Menagerie says:

My head hurts. Can I quit drinking now Grunt? I may throw up when that cat tail goes around. To the right.

9. ytz4mee says:

Thanks guys. That was fun, and a much needed break from all the T craziness.

10. ytz4mee says:

FYI, a great site to join to keep your brain limber is Lumosity.com
    This was recommended to me by one of my daughter’s coaches to increase reaction time.
    He was in a terrible car accident with a horrific brain injury, and this was part of his cognitive rehabilitation.
    My mother has Alzheimer’s and is regressing rapidly, so I am in deathly fear of presenting with dementia myself. The puzzles and games at luminosity keep me sharp. We have a family discount, it is quite inexpensive.
    The program was developed at Stanford, and has hard science and a proven track record behind it.

• How much does it cost?

• ytz4mee says:

A normal 1 year subscription price is $79 I think. But if you sign up and try out some of their free games, they will send you coupons to sign up at greatly reduced rates.
        It costs us about $5/mth for the whole family, and they are all addicted, and everyone chooses different games depending on what they want to improve.

It’s also gratifying to see your score improve! I can attest based on our experience with TBI, you can retrain your brain.

• Bijou says:

ytz4mee, thanks very much for that link.
      I do cryptic crossword puzzles from the London Times to exercise my gray matter, but I checked into that Luminosity site and was very impressed.

11. Jerry says:

God is awesome God

12. Shalini says:

Oh great!! She was properly moving left and right for me before I read the comments and now I see she’s moving only right. What really surprises me is that all of you are seeing her turn right. The first time I saw this, she was turning left and I tried closing the browser and check out again and yup, she’s moving left for me. Possibly because I am left-brained or so every test I have ever taken suggests. Am I the only non-creative person in this group?

I am not commenting about the other tests because I got them right the first time only because I’ve done a lot of these tests several times to know the rules of the game quite well.

13. tara says:

Oh my god those spinning images are FABULOUS! I can only get them to spin left if I don’t look at them but look elsewhere and see them in my peripheral vision. If I look directly at them they spin right. Very cool!!

• tara says:

I slowly worked my vision from peripheral to direct, and now I can see the images spinning left. I’m going to work on seeing them go in a particular direction at will. This is so cool! Thank you so much for posting it, I’ve never seen this before!

• Ad rem says:

Same here….after a little practice, you’ll find yourself doing it quite quickly. The one thing that still puzzles me, however, is that while I usually perceive the girl to go “clockwise”…why do I most easily see the cat going “counter-clockwise”? Why wouldn’t they both be at first seen to be going in the same direction?