Cliven Bundy Controversial Remarks – FULL CONTEXT VIDEO (With Transcript)

All around the media world today I’ve seen both the left and the right side of the political ideological groups attacking Cliven Bundy based on a New York Times article and Media Matters video.

It took me a while to find the extended version of the video comments without the progressive, albeit convenient, editing.   The entire video is actually more than an hour long and you can view it – CLICK HERE

Well, for the sake of the discussion, here’s an edit of the longer version, including a transcript I did from the video itself.

Were there some non-politically correct statements ? Yes.

Were there some uncomfortable choices of terms and phrases spoken from an 67 year old Grandpa who still uses the words “negro” and “colored’s” ? Yes.

{Actually you can hear his granddaughter off camera saying in a rather concerned voice [trying to get his attention]  “Grandpa… Grandpa” (@1:58) when he talks about the invisible difference between long gone “slavery” and  current “dependency”. Obviously his granddaughter is concerned – and knows full well her Grandpa is not articulate enough in modern PC’isms to attempt to nuance his way through the minefield of race in modern America.}

But the broader question “Is Cliven Bundy A Racist”? …..can be answered by actually listening to his words, ALL OF HIS WORDS. Not the New York Times or Media Matters excerpts of his words, but rather ALL OF THEM.

Then you decide for yourself:

Transcript below

…” and so what I’ve testified to ya’, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them.

We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

Let me tell.. talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro.

When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas; and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids…. and there was always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didn’t have nothing to do.  They didn’t have nothing for the kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for the young girls to do.

And because they were basically on government subsidy – so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton.   And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

You know they didn’t get more freedom, uh they got less freedom – they got less family life, and their happiness -you could see it in their faces- they were not happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk.   Down there they was probably growing their turnips – so that’s all government, that’s not freedom.

Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people – and I’ve worked side-by-side a lot of them.

Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people.

And we need to have those people join us and be with us…. not, not come to our party.

Are the remarks controversial ?   Yes, however – No more so than the remarks made by Shirley Sherrod.

The left rose quickly in their defense of Shirley Sherrod.    In this case the left rose quickly in the attack against Cliven Bundy.

Intellectually honest people are able to see the broad questions and positions raised by both examples of Sherrod and Bundy.    However, what’s more sad than the refusal to openly discuss the issues – is how quickly the conservative right is willing to throw Bundy to the wolves based solely on the New York Times and Media Matters opinion.

A progressive opinion intended purposefully to avoid that painful conversation the professional left constantly claim no-one is willing to have.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

271 Responses to Cliven Bundy Controversial Remarks – FULL CONTEXT VIDEO (With Transcript)

1. stella says:

Here is Bundy’s video audio response:

• 1wanderingtruthseeker says:

The Support of the people for Bundy is not wanning. Cliven Bundy is right. Instead of beating and lynching, you have prisons where all manner of things, including murder go on everyday. The welfare system is your plantation. To hell with racism. The news focus is on racism not the fact that the government is willing to kill Americans for using a Constitutional God given right to disobey a unconstitutional law. The government is claiming they can take anything they want. The government are all traitors to the Constitution.

• ZurichMike says:

Dependency on the government as the new slavery.

Yeah, I get it. So does he. And a lot of other people. This is just another diversionary tactic of the left because they are losing the battle of public opinion on all fronts. So they take something out of context and scream “raaaaaaaaccccciiiisssss”. Sorry, Little Boy Cried Wolf one too many times.

2. auscitizenmom says:

Oh, dear. This is not right. He is just an old man speaking his mind. He said nothing racist as far as I am concerned. He just said things in a less articulate and PC way that others are pointing out now .

3. hocuspocus13 says:

Thank You for putting the entire video out

Unlike others who have misled the American people yet once again

4. doodahdazee says:

It will not matter. The fix is in for the old guy. This is the Post America World the left has dreamed of. Boehner has a new 75 year plan to a balanced budget. It is over. Hopeless. This thing is going down by the bow.
    QUOTE:
    On how the United States can pay back the $17 trillion is borrowed: “The first way to pay it back is quit making the number bigger. Seventeen-and-a-half trillion a year from now is going to be $18 trillion. So the first thing you have to do when you are in trouble is quit digging the hole. Once you quit digging the hole and get to a balanced budget, then it’s a matter of getting the economy going again to start paying it off. You’ve got to control federal spending at the rate of inflation or below and you have to have economic growth that exceeds that. you can in fact over a period of time pay off the debt. Our budget passed right before Easter is a 75-year plan. ”
    John Boehner Today at the Rotary Club
    Amazing….

5. realitycheck says:

A video explaining the irrelevancy of this “news” http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/132334-dont-care-cliven-bundy-racist/

• michellc says:

I’ve had people call me racist for using the word Indian, although I’m part Indian, which makes little sense, but usually the people who have called me racist aren’t from this state so to them what is PC, Native American really isn’t used much around here. With the exception of course of liberal Indians who play the sympathy card.

• jello333 says:

And had a friend who was “native american”… and he very much looked it. You know what I called him? You know what he called HIMSELF? Yep… “Indian.”

• Abagail says:

“I agree with some she said, but I disagree that he’s ignorant. No he’s not, he just doesn’t speak the same language as a 20 year old, he doesn’t speak the same language as a city born and bred person, he doesn’t speak the same language as a person born and raised on the East Coast.”

This, in a nutshell. He speaks the language of his time.

• partyzantski says:

Maybe the way ahead on this is to take umbrage at being called “white”?
        I mean, it denies place of origin entirely.
        Now, “so-called “african-americans”, you KNOW from the word that they are from SOMEWHERE.
        To call someone “white” is to deny them their heritage, their place of origin.
        Perhaps so-called “whites” should DEMAND to be called European-Americans”, then. That would be the basis for student strikes, civil rights marches and all of that for pro-European Americans and their exceptional heritage.

• jordan2222 says:

There’s some good stuff at that site. Thanks for the link.

6. realitycheck says:

why is my pro Bundy video from a black American being blocked in moderation?

7. radiopatriot says:

I’m going on the record here for the first time in print. Cliven Bundy’s words were that of another generation, but were spoken truthfully. He said nothing more than what others — including Star Parker and Lloyd Marcus have already said — perhaps more artfully — but with the same meaning: that the Black community has been used as pawns by the likes of the federal government, and race mongers like Sharptongue and Jessie Jackson, LBJ, and now Obama, Holder, and their ilk.

That Glenn Beck jumped all over this man as “racist” seriously SERIOUSLY disappoints me. On this one, I don’t stand with Glenn. I think Cliven Bundy is right. Government subsidy HAS put a lot of black folks “Negroes”, as he put it, back on the plantation and in slavery, just as hopeless and surely as their ancestors who were brought here in chains and generations borne to those who were.

Cliven Bundy’s statement in context does not prove him a racist. Just the opposite.

My two cents.

• WeeWeed says:

I agree.

• stella says:

Hannity and DM Lynch have jumped on the “tut-tut” bandwagon too.

• doodahdazee says:

Managed Media. It all started with Crossfire. Good Cop Bad Cop.

• Lulu says:

It was clearly de rigueur to be clucking about Bundy yesterday. Piling on. I don’t do pundits so it made no difference to me except that there were a few who disappointed me. Charles Krauthammer is too deep a thinker to engage in that kind of PC stuff. They could have criticized his language while supporting the gist of what he was saying. They took the easy way out.

• sundance says:

Two words: “Shirley Sherrod”

Oh, what a double standard the left espouses…..

• Well said, Andrea. My first thought upon reading Mr. Bundy’s quote this morning on a mainstream site, completely without context, was “The man’s got a point.”. He may not have expressed it very eloquently (and so what???) but I knew exactly what he meant…what the Democrats and the federal government has done to the Black community is criminal.

• nyetneetot says:

I’m not attacking you or your statement. It just seemed like a good place to jump in. :)

…”what the Democrats and the federal government has done to the Black community is criminal.”

Yes, however (and the point may be moot) what gets little notice is that the ‘white’ public perception of ‘blacks’ was manipulated starting in the late 1800’s to get to the point that what was done to them was allowed, then acceptable, then became just the way things are. History has been rewritten or outright hidden from everyone of us regardless of race. The race game was not just the “Black community” this was done to, and continues on daily.

• ange6h says:

In the end, the manipulation of a populous with poor impulse control has been pretty successful…riots or threats of riots, violence, etc. etc.  So far non blacks have kept their sanity and have not fallen to the false flags and constant manipulations to anger.  I hope that continues at least for awhile..I’m in no hurry to end up in a FEMA encampment..and that is what will occur, when it’s time it’s time, and only our Holy Father has that specific date in mind.  God protect and have mercy on us all..Anno Dio..

• nyetneetot says:

It’s a Salinsky tactic. If you can’t shut him up, marginalize. Call him racist so people will stop listening.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

The administration realizes they HAVE to barrel over Cliven Bundy (they need a “W” in this column) in order to keep the public “in line”. If Cliven walks away from this then others will start to do the same. BUT, Bundy has so much support they can’t pull out their usual bag of tricks without making the situation even worse.That’s when they turned to the media and had this story planted. They did it solely to isolate Cliven Bundy from his supporters, starting with those supporters in the media. ISOLATE, MARGINALIZE, RIDICULE.

Once the public turns its back on the Bundy family, the BLM, IRS and every other federal alphabet soup agency will swoop in.

• maryfrommarin says:

Capitalist Eric says similar (although not nearly as classily as you, radiopatriot!) :

Bundy, Bunkerville, Racism and Collectivist Desperation

“…As I pointed out on several forums, suppose you accept the MSM position that Cliven Bundy IS a bigot. Suppose he IS a “racist,” whatever the Hell THAT really means…. my question is, “SO WHAT?”

Does that mean it’s now alright for the government to gun him down like Lon Horiuchi did to Vikki Weaver at Ruby Ridge? Does that mean he suddenly has LESS rights, and DESERVES to have his grazing rights- which his family has held for over a century- forfeit? Does that make him LESS WORTHY AS A HUMAN BEING?

Unsurprisingly, Glenn Beck happily performed f******* on .gov regarding Bundy, before this video came out. Afterwards, Beck didn’t just throw Bundy under a bus, he tried to stick a Bowie knife in his back and then PUSH Bundy under the bus. Not surprising, since Beck did the exact same maneuver on Ron Paul before the 2008 election- professing to believe in Ron Paul, and then announcing nationally that Ron Paul was a “loon” for predicting…. exactly what’s happening RIGHT NOW.

Sean Hannity next lined up, to throw Bundy under the bus. Again, not surprising, since Hannity is no more sincere than anyone over at MSNBC/CNN/CBS/ABC. In other words, Hannity is no more interested in telling the FULL TRUTH than Beck, or Rachel Madcow or Jay Carney (the white-house spokes-hole, whose job it is to LIE EVERY DAY)…

Sadly, Bundy gave them just enough ammunition to get what they wanted, and so they used it. And the MSM from “our side” is too chicken-s***, too COWARDLY, to call the NYT and Media Matters to account for their deception. Now the waters will be a whole lot less clear, the moral high-ground not quite so high… and allow the government a chance to recoup some of their credibility, that they’ve so badly squandered on the Bundy stand-off…”

• Abagail says:

Agree 100%. The “good” that’s come out of Beck and Hannity’s attacks is that they’ve exposed themselves. I’m finished with both for good.

• doodahdazee says:

Becks associates on his radio program remind me of Bevis and Butthead when they start the daily cackling.

• Josh says:

I’ve already stated on this site that I’m not a Beck or Hannity fan. I listen to Beck sometimes in the morning because I don’t have many other options. Hannity is on at a time that is convenient to me (in that I’m not listening at that time). Yesterday morning Beck said, in essence, that if you don’t agree with him (with his take on Mr. Bundy) then don’t listen to his program. I thought, “As you wish, Mr. Beck. I already find it hard to listen but now that it’s to the point of painful, no problem.” and I soon “turned the dial” to a new jazz station.

At least twice this year (during the few times that I have listened to Glenn Beck) I’ve heard him liken himself to Gandhi, Martin Luther and others. I predict, sadly, that Mr. Beck’s pride will goeth before his fall :-(

• hawkeye13 says:

I lived with an elderly lady from west texas when I was in college in the late 70s.. she would use the term colored folks, I would ask her what color and she would get embarrassed and say negro and then roll her eyes and ask, what do they want to be called now? She was referring usually to the laborers that her family had on the farm she grew up on. She was very fond of them.

• ZurichMike says:

Why should your elderly aunt feel embarrassed? It’s called the National Association for the Advancement of COLORED People. As soon as that organization changes its name, I’ll be more concerned about other people using the same word — like my grandparents did.

• partyzantski says:

radiopatriot,
      While the news is aghast that an 80 year old rancher would use the words “colored” and “negro”, where is the outcry over the lyrics of “urban” rappers?
      The correct path forward on this is not in defending Cliven Bundy, as he has said and done nothing wrong at all. The way ahead is in calling out the race hypocrisy of blacks who happen to have been born in America… the lyrics, the abusive and corrosive culture thereof, the constant use of the word “nigger” by blacks directed at other blacks (as a term of affection, as a term of debasement… it appears to be an all purpose term that even doubles as a personal pronoun. I have NEVER seen or heard of a black charged for the use of a word that they use to destroy, demonize and intimidate all other people with.
      European-Americans must refuse to be cowed by this PC stupidity. Each one that stands against the insipid details of PC speech strengthens all of the tribe of European-Americans.

8. Aslan's Girl says:

Best assessment… I sent this to Sean Hannity via twitter since he’s used every word in the thesaurus to distance himself today.

9. nyetneetot says:

I had been suspicious if there hadn’t been more to the video when I heard the source of the original report. Basically he publicly asked a question that several people have publicly asked for decades. We’ve written and discussed in this blog about the history of was done to blacks since the end of the civil war, and how many negative things were done on purpose since the beginning of the 20th century. Personally, I think it’s the wrong question to ask because the answer achieves nothing.
    Should we as a nation reintroduce outright ownership of other humans (regardless of color)? Of course not. It’s a stupid question. He is demonstrating that he recognizes there is little difference in the quality of life between the situation today vs. the situation we are told existed 100 years ago. In fact he asks if todays situation isn’t for the worse.
    I think a much better question is, ‘Since we recognize a great many injustices have been perpetrated upon a large part of the American people as a whole, how do we stop it and reverse the effects?’

• jordan2222 says:

This is why restoring the republic will be so much more difficult. We are outnumber the takers. Not too many people will vote to give up their benefits.

Part two is here:

• jordan2222 says:

Edit: We are outnumbered by the takers.

• Josh says:

Serious question: ARE we outnumbered by the takers?

Regardless of what we are told and/or led to believe – I don’t think so. Not yet. If there was one piece of information that I could get out to everyone is that we are not yet outnumbered but if *we* wait too much longer it WILL be too late.

• jordan2222 says:

There are roughly 55 million registered Republicans. There are roughly 72 million Democrats. And there are roughly 42 million registered independents. This may not be up to date but it will give you an idea. 47,791,966 people are food stamp recipients.

• Abagail says:

“Liberals don’t talk – or perhaps even think – in terms of the actual consequences of their policies, when it is so much more pleasant to think in terms of wonderful goals and lofty rhetoric.” -Thomas Sowell

This last paragraph sums it up concisely!!

10. ange6h says:

Even the so called media conservatives (Rand Paul, FOX, Krauthammer,,etc) yelled racist. This is when you really see the true character of these so called political truth tellers..Bundy spoke w/ truth not hate, and probably said what many of us believe..I surely do. Blacks r victim 2 learned helplessness..they believe this admin. cares 4 them, but the reality is they want complete dependence. When that’s achieved Obama will pull all these entitlements & these groups will riot. We know that, they know that and the admin. is banking on it. W/ social unrest comes martial law..their NWO mantra order out of chaos. Sundance I want to applaud you for standing up for the truth, in direct opposition of the so called ‘right’ as well as some alternative sites. Well done sir..Thank you and God bless..

11. P7rancher says:

Mr. Bundy has demonstrated nothing more than he is from a different generation and a caring man and a wise man. We need to listen to wise old men.

I have even more respect for him, reminds me of the generation before me and they were not racists.

12. Sam says:

Cliven Bundy simply spoke in un-PC terms. Conservative black commentators have spoken similar truths in more palatable language. Beck was never on Bundy’s side to begin with. Hannity seemed sympathetic but fled at top speed today. Hmmm, no courage of conviction there.

If Bundy disliked dark skinned people, he wouldn’t like Mexicans. But he does like them. The point he was inartfully trying to make is that hard work, family and morals matter. I agree.

13. I agree that Cliven Bundy is right and he was speaking from his heart. He could have articulated it better to be PC but why should he? For petes sake the man is a 80 yr old rancher, not a Politian! Shame on those attacking this man for speaking the truth-words that everyone else is too afraid to say because of fear of being ‘labeled’ by some intolerant left wing loudmouth. These labels they use to identify a person as either right or wrong-and oh if wrong, vilify them. Who cares and what does his opinions on anything have to do with what the government is doing in overreaching and taking land and destroying his property.

14. michellc says:

I feel sorry for him, he really likes Hannity. I heard him say one day in an interview how much he liked Hannity and how much he thought of him and appreciated what he was doing. He sounded genuinely sincere and almost in awe of Hannity.
    I have heard Hannity say more than once that blacks were a slave to the government. Yet an old country man says the same thing but doesn’t talk the same language, he’s called despicable by Hannity.
    I’m just curious if any of the politicians or media listened to what he said or did they just fall for the same old trick and react. Jump through those hoops for the left.

15. jello333 says:

I don’t know if anyone’s interested in my opinion on this, but I thought maybe some would be, since you know a bit about my… umm, “background”. So here ya go: Other than the one unfortunate comment (about “I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton”), I don’t see anything terribly wrong with this. In fact, I see a lot of truth in what the guy says. Oh, and I’m very impressed by his stance on Mexicans, knowing full well that many of his friends probably are far less generous in that regard.

So… racist? Is this guy “racist”? Well, in my opinion REAL harmful racism is the type that thinks one race is inherently (from birth) better or worse than another, and that wishes (or does) harm and misfortune on members of another race. Just based on his comments here, and based on my idea of racism, I say that Mr. Bundy is NOT a racist.

Jell,
      Who knows. Who is, who is not? What is racists? Good Grief. It is “group think” as opposed to individual thought. This is lunacy plus ultra.

• ange6h says:

According 2 Obama, conservative patriots are racists..according to a sane America Obama and any1 embracing him is..as well as all those willing to lie for prestige, perks and political expediency..not a set of u know whats amongst them..castrated serfs, the whole corrupt lot.

• jordan2222 says:

Agreed… Everyone is a racist by someone’s definition.

• auscitizenmom says:

I guess my take on the ““I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton” statement is from a man who believes in hard work and sees it as a positive part of life. I don’t believe for an instant that he thinks anyone should be a slave. He sees what the black culture is doing to itself because of the lack of any worthwhile goals.

• ange6h says:

Agreed..I found him so refreshing..I’m damn sick of this PC rhetorical BS

• jello333 says:

Yeah I think you’re right. I think what he said was meant in a far more philosophical than literal way. The reason I called it “unfortunate” was NOT that I thought he meant it in a horrible, racist way. Nope… I meant that even if the rest of his comments deserved a fair hearing, they most like will NOT get that hearing because people will pick out just that one short sentence (without, of course, putting it in context).

• doodahdazee says:

He was an old guy raised in the depression that worked all his life and still is. He see’s a welfare family sitting around in a hopeless state. He did not say that his position is fact. He stated. “he wondered if.” A thought crime for sure. Wondering about something. He wondered…..He wondered. Now The New York Times!…is after an old Cowpoke in Nevada. For wondering and speaking about what he wondered. Now….this is sick….meanwhile back at the Ranch Boehner has a new improved SEVENTY FIVE YEAR PLAN to balance the Federal Budget. OK I think it is time to call The Lone Ranger and Tonto.

• Very true, ACM. Also, ranchers and farmers know how hard they work and they love it. They think (probably not in so many words) that everyone would be as happy as they (the farmers and ranchers) were, if they (everyone else) had lots of good productive work to do.

Remember how good it feels after you have worked really hard at something? Say, put in your backyard garden? Fixed that @#%## carburetor? You’re dog-tired and hot and thirsty. Oh, that lemonade tastes GOOD! Ah! It feels so good just to sit down and rest and smell that fresh bread (or roast beef) ready to come out of the oven!

That’s how farmers and ranchers feel nearly every day. And they know that the unhappy urban people are missing that great joy in having done a hard job well. They know urban people are scared (of their own food) and unhappy (constantly complaining and scowling) and clueless.

• Josh says:

I agree, auscitizenmom. Well stated.

16. crossthread42 says:

I’m Not going on a Tirade, I’m just going to say THIS,,,,
    Cliven Bundy , SPEAKS THE TRUTH….
    SUNLIGHT IS A GOOD DISINFECTANT, he shined it… (SUNLIGHT)…
    Anyone DISAGREE???

17. Elspeth says:

Thank you for this, Sundance!

I’ve reposted it on Conservative Underground.

18. lineman says:

I’ve always wondered why we as freedom loving people demand that others of our nature be perfect according to what we or others think perfection is..We then distance ourselves when they are not up to our standards instead of standing by them to keep defending them from evil…The left or progressives on the other hand if one of them screw up on wording or other pc bullshit they all circle the wagons and stand up for them…We need to realize we all are not perfect and that evil will use whatever it can to make us isolated from friends and family so it can rip us to shreds…I still stand with Bundy…Its sick that they have to use that to justify the feds being evil to him…

• doodahdazee says:

I am sick everyone abandoned him to the Wolves over something “he wondered” about.

• jello333 says:

Howie, I gotta tell you… I started out kinda neutral about this. But the more I read and hear, the more angry I get. I was just watching CNN and they interviewed Bundy, who explained himself pretty well in my opinion. But clearly the guy interviewing him was NOT listening, because he turned right around and just kept asking him the same thing (“Don’t you understand how racist this was and how horrible slavery was?”) over and over again. If someone like me can see how badly Bundy is being mistreated and taken out of context…. HOW ON EARTH can people like Hannity not see it?!

• doodahdazee says:

They see it. They can’t report it. What will now happen is it will be babbled about and dropped. The GOP runs scared. The Lib’s attack. Simple stuff. Of course in the whole event there was not 1 black person involved. Not a single one. None Zero. Zippo. Nada. But now it is about Race? How could anyone fall for this Psychopablum is beyond me. Jell.

• jello333 says:

“Of course in the whole event there was not 1 black person involved. Not a single one. None Zero. Zippo. Nada. But now it is about Race?”

Wow, wow, wow…. that is SO right. That hadn’t even dawned on me. Everything, literally EVERYTHING will eventually turn to race, regardless of how it starts. What a great example we have here… how sad… how instructive. :(

• doodahdazee says:

This is why critical thinking is no longer taught in school. NOBODY seems to see it.

• joshua says:

And Bundy’s POINT was not about slavery…it was about Big Govt Intervention into the lives of people to CONTROL those people…NOT TO HELP THOSE PEOPLE. The parallel was the Bureau of Land Management which was Created SUPPOSEDLY to HELP ranchers manage their land and prosper…NOT TO PROTECT TURTLES or play politics. His point was not about RACE….he used the NEGRO situation to parallel to the RANCHERS….a MINORITY of citizens…just not a RACE group….he said basically that RANCHERS are NOT BETTER off because of the actions of Big Controlling Fed Govt programs…..and the NEGROS ( a word that never was equal to the N-word contructed to make everyone go all PC horrified when heard) were NOT NECESSARILY happier or better off than when they were working on farms and plantations. Back then, they were housed with their family, and safe from outsiders harming them, as they HAD VALUE and PROTECTION for their own good…..when they were FREED….they had no education, no social culture into the world of free citizens, they were not given a vote, they had no jobs…..but they were FREE….to starve…so they moved to the NORTH to WORK in plants and jobs that forced them into a ghetto living situation….and the rest is history when LBJ decided to TAKE CARE OF EVERY ONE OF THEM FOREVER via govt money and programs….SO THEY WOULD VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS FOREVER (FORMERLY THE PARTY OF THE KKK!!)
              Bundy happens to be wiser and more reflexive than the Hannidy or Beck loud mouths that react to AUDIENCE like MEDIA people….NOT LIKE THINKING CITIZENS.

• doodahdazee says:

PS the Salem Witch Hunts have now been replaced by the PC racist hunts….Plus Ultra.

• jello333 says:

I’m still trying to get a complete picture of what this Bundy thing is all about. I can’t say I’d really support him if I knew all the details, but then again maybe I would… I just don’t know enough about it. All I know is I absolutely do NOT support the gov’t threatening use of violence against him and his family. Like Randy Weaver and David Koresh. I’m sure I wouldn’t have seen eye-to-eye with either of those guys on many issues. HOWEVER I consider them (and their friends/family) the VICTIMS of a government / law enforcement that was far, far more dangerous and evil than they could ever be.

• doodahdazee says:

Tip-o-the Iceberg. Obama is militarizing every agency. This is true. Swat Teams for the BLM???? Whoa!

• lineman says:

I have always said the government has the ability to make anyone even an honest man(which IMO Mr. Bundy is) an outlaw…If we don’t stand up for the outlaws then no one will be there to stand up for us…We need to lay our differences aside and unite under the common banner of freedom and liberty from tyranny…

• doodahdazee says:

The MSM will babble about everything but his actual statement. They will only call it racist but not say what he said or ask any questions about it in a rational way. They will babble and drop.

• jello333 says:

Over my past 2+ years here I think both myself and many people here have started to realize that there really IS a lot of common ground when it comes to standing up against certain evils. And yeah…. at this point I figure I’ll be put up against the wall right along with many of my friends here.

• stella says:

Funny, I said something like that to someone on another blog. He was defending Obama and the BLM etc. I told him that the elites won’t be there for him, because he is expendable. I believe that. Doesn’t matter what ‘side’ you are on, the elites consider all of us expendable.

• WeeWeed says:

And back here in Tejas, guess what’s on the T.V.?? “Red River.” LOL –
        Whatever happens to Mr. Bundy – and we have to give him this one – he turned a big spotlight on the BLM, Feds, Whomever, These.Commies.
        Well played, Rancher Bundy, well played.

19. jordan2222 says:

Perhaps we should become politically erect and stand up to these quacks.

• doodahdazee says:

They will drop it. This is a no win if analyzed in a non-pc way. They can only deflect to a certain point.

20. LetJusticePrevail" says:

I listened to his entire comment and it’s quite clear that he was speaking FOR Mexicans and blacks, and not against them. Why else would he praise the Mexican workers, and bemoan the fate that has befallen blacks at the hands of the welfare state? What Cliven Bundy spoke was the truth,plain and simple, but people on the left were just WAITING for something like this, some little “sound bite” they could take out of context in order to isolate him from the average conservative and nothing more. Isolate, ridicule,and marginalize. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I’m ashamed of Hannity for his failure to see this tactic,and his failure to speak out against it.

• doodahdazee says:

Hannity and Fox put out the GOP spin. MSLSD spins for the Democrats. CNN just tries to reach bored travelers in airports. The whole taco of media has become a tragic farce.

• jello333 says:

Yep. **I** am ashamed of Hannity…. and I don’t even like the guy (other than him trying to help George).

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

I never watched him before the Zimmerman case, and somehow came to think that he interviewed George out of a real desire to show the “other side” of the story. Now I think he just assumes a certain position for the sake of ratings, without any real sense of conviction. Kind of disappointing.

• woohoowee says:

Your post just reminded me of the media running to all the GOP primary candidates re: Trayvon. IIRC Newt Gingrich was the only one to tell the media that it was a State of FL matter and he wouldn’t weigh in on it. Then, after all the other candidates followed the media lead, he flubbed up and went with the flow, so to speak. His first instinct was right. I thought it was so bizarre the media was asking the candidates to weigh in on it and even more bizarre that the candidates responded.

I think Howie is right – it’s all controlled.

• joshua says:

right on +1000

21. Sam says:

I’ve been thinking more about this and the real question is: even if Bundy is a racist, does that make him less worthy of rights? Does that make it okay for a BLM uniformed paramilitary using an automatic rifle to shoot his cattle and Bundy himself? Since when did un-PC speech cause the forfeiting of Constitutional rights and include a death sentence?

In the NYT and Media Matters world evidently “hate speech” is a death penalty crime. At least, they hoped so. If we don’t fall for it, they will give it up.

• doodahdazee says:

Define racist. This is the crux of it. The thing to do is “seek truth.” Regardless. If Sharpton or Bundy speak look to see if they speak truth. Not whether or not it is about a black or white citizen. What is the truth of the matter is what counts. Bundy did not attempt to state a fact. He “wondered.” He posed a question. Now the MSM will never dare to answer it. Only attack the question itself. To me that is total lack of credibility. He dared to pose a question and wonder about it.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

Define racist? According to the left, that would be any white who mentions the word “black” (or any variant such as colored or negro) in a conversation about people in general.

In this day and age we have to call them “African Americans”. Funny thing is, hardly any of them have ever been to Africa. Since anthropologists say that Africa is the “cradle of life” doesn’t that make us ALL “African-Americans”?

• woohoowee says:

Racist = whatever the commies want it to mean at any given time.

22. lorac says:

I didn’t look at his comments as being racist at all. He stated facts. We stopped slavery for the white man to own the black man. But now they are slaves to the federal govn’t. Living in public housing and being dependent on the govn’t for food, medical care etc. So are they really better off or just in the same position they were before with the only difference being whites don’t own them. I’d say a lot of them are no better off and are probably worse off. They have no sense of pride when things are just handed to them vs working for them. Like Bundy said they have nothing to do but sit around and when you sit around trouble tends to find you. Also he said they weren’t happy either and their isn’t the family like it use to be. Of course not all blacks are in this type of situation and I don’t think Bundy meant they all were…he was just saying what he saw in the public housing. About the Mexicans..they are hard workers and are family oriented. That is why so many come here for work and send money back to Mexico to their families. And that is what Bundy was saying. Sorry but it really didn’t seem that racist to me.

• doodahdazee says:

You are correct. But the great racist hunt will continue. The crime of the millennium. is racism….whatever that is. Perhaps Tulip Bulbs will become the new investment opportunity soon. Would not be surprising. But do not worry. The GOP has a new 75 year plan to balance the budget. I don’t know what is worse. Obama rustling cattle or the GOP with a 75 year to go balance the budget plan. Whoa!

• joshua says:

as a racial group, they were groomed to be obedient and follow the comfort givers….like the frog happily swimming in the pot of water on the stove, with a fire under it…swims happily around until he gets boiled alive….like the ghetto dwellers of Chicago and Detroit who think that anyone in govt CARES anything at all about the quality of their lives.

23. finai says:

Where’s the outrage when Harry Reid described Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign as a light-skinned African-American “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

24. Fudge says:

I give not a single intercourse about being called a racist.

25. doodahdazee says:

Here is a definition of a racist person.
    Full Definition of RACISM

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    : racial prejudice or discrimination
    Examples of RACISM

the racism that was the basis of apartheid

The recording career of the Henderson band was brief … due partly to the racism of booking agencies that didn’t take on black acts until the mid-’30s, when Henderson’s career was on the downswing. —Greg Tate, Vibe, April 1995

I do not see his remarks meeting this bar.

26. Rachelle says:

Bundy sins by saying ‘Negro’ as in United NEGRO College Fund?

He sins again by saying ‘Colored’ as in National Association for the Advancement of COLORED People?

By the way, pc aside, he is probably right on many points. Slavery isn’t good, particularly when the Democratic party owns you.

• Cherpa 1 says:

Interesting. I make donations to The Black Conservative Fund.

• Sentient says:

No. Bundy “sinned” (your term, I’d prefer “stuck his foot in his mouth”) by saying “I’ve often wondered whether blacks were better under slavery”. “I wonder whether” is a circumlocution (or a dodge) that essentially means “it seems to me that”. Phrasing it as a question doesn’t change it from being a statement that blacks were better under slavery. I don’t believe that Bundy is racist. I also agree with his point that dependency upon government – and blacks are disproportionately so dependent – is bad. Still, asserting that blacks were better under slavery betrays a deep ignorance about slavery.

• joshua says:

no….your statement betrays a deep prejudice about the conditions of Southern Plantation life. The blacks on the plantations were there in the FIRST place because they had been violently captured by other black African tribes and SOLD to slave traders. The alternative was to be killed in Africa. So first off, they had a CHANCE to live. Then, they were PURCHASED for a LOT of money…In fact, the main CAPITAL investment assets in the South was the value of slaves who were purchased to assist in the farming of land, and for which they PROVIDED the slaves with food, shelter, clothing, and protection. Now, no other plantation slaves came over and attacked them and raped and killed their women and children like the tribes in Africa where they were taken off from. Was picking cotton a fun job. No. Is pumping out a septic tank a fun job? No. Lots of JOBS are hard, dangerous, and NO FUN today just as HUNTING game to eat in Africa was NOT A FUN JOB.

So to determine HOW BAD IT WAS FOR SLAVES IN THE SOUTH SOLELY ON THE BASIS OF NO FREEDOM TO COME AND GO AND VOTE is only looking at a small emotional piece of the deal. In fact, Blacks OWNED slaves in America, and Native Indians owned Black slaves in America…it was not just the plantation owners and folks raising cotton, tobacco, and sugar cane that worked labor under the slave system. There were many more African slaves in South America, than in North America, and the most abused African slaves were in the Indies cane production plantations…owned my Europeans.

When you start out to isolate the lives of “african slaves in North America in the South” you have to have ALL the facts, not just a high school junior’s public school version of history and the PBS Black History Month version.

• Rachelle says:

I don’t think he actually claimed blacks were better off under slavery. He said he sometimes wondered if they were. They certainly didn’t suffer from the murder, drug use, etc., that many are subject to now.

In the Sixties a very old black woman who had been born in slavery said that she thought life was harder for blacks during the Depression than under slavery. The emerging black grievance industry attacked her savagely alleging she didn’t know anything about it. But actually, she did; she had been born a slave and she had gone through the Depression. She was one of the very few people then alive who had personally experienced both. Bundy may have been right to wonder if we can accept the word of an actual slave on the subject.

• lineman says:

I just have one question for you which will help me understand you…Which do you think was worse back then indentured servant or a slave?

• Josh says:

Neither was good. Regardless, it depended on whom you worked for. Some people were actually very good with those that worked for them. Some people were very horrid with those that worked for them.

• lineman says:

I was directing that question at Sentient but will answer you….The indentured servant was by far on average the worst…Here’s why IS was not bought but was still owned for seven years…So if he/she died from to hard of labour the owners were not out anything…They could feed them whatever, beat them, make them live in squalor and if they died they went and picked out another one…A Slave on the other hand was an investment and what do you normally do with an investment…You try and grow that investment so it will profit you…Ask yourself honestly who are the slaves and who are the indentured servants of today…

• Josh says:

I know the question was not mine. Your response makes some interesting, and valid, points. My response remains the same. It depended on for whom you were working. Some indentured servants worked for people that treated them well and some did not. Some slaves worked for people that treated them well and some did not. Both were in circumstances, most likely, not of their choosing.

27. Patriot Gal says:

Thank you, Sundance, for posting this article. I am so very glad to read everybody’s comments and agree with all of you 100%. When I first read about this at another (extremely well-known and popular) conservative website today, almost every comment was against Mr. Bundy and that he was, indeed, some sort of racist and that conservatives should “run away, run far away” from him. I was astounded that these people could not…or would not…see what everyone here could so plainly see about Mr. Bundy.

28. jordan2222 says:

What did he say that is not true? Nothing that I see. I am waiting to see how they spin this to deny what he said.

Blacks could immediately begin to change their plight by heeding these words: “having a family life.” What an awful thing to say. (sarc)

• doodahdazee says:

Media World v. Reality World. 2 different places.

• Sentient says:

He implied that blacks were better off under slavery. The vast majority of people would consider that untrue.

• joshua says:

you have to INTERPRETE a statement to determine Personally that something was IMPLIED. He said he did not think that they were happier or better off today under the Federal Programs that destroyed their family committments and gave them reduced work incentives to better their own lives and gain self pride….than when they had NO FREEDOM to do for themselves under slavery.

He said NO BETTER, not that were better under EITHER.

• jordan2222 says:

He IMPLIED.. according to who? Only a racist would think that. Sounds like guilt shining through.

You do not really think he believes blacks were better off under slavery. Or do you?

He was making critical thinking points about government assistance that went far over some people’s heads.

Notice what he said about Mexicans that was either ignored or twisted to mean something else.

29. rashomon says:

What bothers me more than any remark made by Clive Bundy, no matter how it is interpreted, is the inane conclusions drawn by the media, politicians and commenters on other sites who obviously haven’t taken the time to hear the entire text of Bundy’s interview or understand the history of his argument. What a bunch of headline grabbers!

Our Republic is so screwed if that is the quality of dialogue that’s defining our future. The CTH seems to be the only place discussing — discussing — the pertinent issues. God bless you all.

• jello333 says:

Right on. When I first came here in April ’12, if you had told me I’d still come here even after the Zimmerman case was over (“over” being debatable, of course) I’d have said not likely. But that was before I realized the honesty and goodwill spoken here didn’t start or end with George’s case. LOTS of good people here.

• joshua says:

the media fits the adage: When you have a need to HAMMER, everything LOOKS like a NAIL.

30. CrankyinAZ says:

Thank you Sundance for posting the transcript… was watching the “news” today and knew there was more to the story. So much propaganda out there… so little news. Mr. Bundy reminds me of my Grandpa… not always articulate but meant what he said and sometimes a bit rough around the edges. But not cruel either. Just truthful. Even just hearing the “Propaganda Spin,” in my heart I knew what he was trying to convey… the transcript with full context makes it clear…

I can’t really add to the many wonderful comments on this thread… taken the words out of my mouth … Hear.. hear!!!

Only thing I might add is that I’m not that old.. but even I remember the day when blacks were referred to as Negroes … and that was considered very polite… wow… I just don’t know any more…

• stella says:

First it was negro, then it was colored (example, NAACP), then it was black, and now it’s African American (even people who aren’t descended from slaves, like our President). Political correctness in action.

• jello333 says:

Crazy huh? Back when they were in common use, neither “negro” nor “colored” were used in a pejorative sense, were they? Oh of course certain people at certain times did, but I mean just in general. And as far as “black” goes… well that just baffles me. I don’t see how anyone can complain about the use of “black”. I mean admittedly it’s not exactly accurate… except for a tiny percentage of people who ARE pretty close to that color. Even moreseo for “white”…. even “albinos” aren’t really close to literally white. But both words, “black” and “white”, are nothing more than shorthand, totally innocent shorthand… big deal. How anyone can make it into some big controversial thing is totally beyond me. PC run amok… uh, I mean MORE amok. :)

• John Galt says:

BGI will quickly transform any word used to describe blacks into an indicator of racism, but only when used by a white person.

• doodahdazee says:

Anything but fellow citizen of the USA….anything but that. The left must have division. Divide and conquer.

31. rooferx says:

I don’t know what is wrong with spouting the truth or starting the conversation that no one wants to talk about. Sure, he is stereo typing, but anyone with a straight mind understands the jist of it. Get real. Take a look around. How wrong is Bundy in reality?

• jello333 says:

This “conversation about race” that some people on the BGI side claim they’d like to have? Heh…. the GZ/TM case and its aftermath showed just how much they REALLY wanna have that conversation.

• sundance says:

Hi Jello. And in a larger concept that’s the rub isn’t it ?

Actually, in full weighted reality – it’s the only reason I continue to post about racial issues.

On one side of their mouth the professional Grievance Industry keeps demanding that we have *that conversation*. On the other side they work diligently to insure it never comes up.

Could have used Tawana Brawley, Or Duke Lacross, or Senator Obama or…

2009 – Pigford 1 – Nope
        2010 – Pigford 2 – No chance
        2011 – Shirley Sherrod – Nope not yet.
        2012 – Trayvon Martin – Nope still not yet
        2013 – George Zimmerman – Nope, not good timing.
        2014 – Cliven Bundy – Nope….

…. Gotta blame, label, Isolate, ridicule, Marginalize, obfuscate…. anything except really discuss the substance of creating generational dependency and lost moral compass headings. The knock out games/assaults are myths… Sizzurp ? Purple Lean ? Disparate Impact ? Incarceration ? ObamaPhones ?

Hence, I keep pointing out the obviousness of “that conversations” absence… while highlighting the consequences.

• stella says:

Actually, I think the only people having conversations about race are conservatives.

• jello333 says:

The Steven Utash attack has some potential to start a serious debate. But actually it’ll probably be twisted around. I mean, instead of this: “Look what’s going on in this country. Black on white racism seems to be growing, but most people are in denial.”

We’re more likely to get this: “See? The system works. And see? Most black people aren’t upset about these young men being charged, because they know how wrong the attack was. Which just goes to prove that such race-based attacks are extremely rare, but when they do happen they are universally condemned.”

In other words…. “Nothing to see here, carry on.”

• Sentient says:

I agree with you on every single one of those cases, but Bundy was still wrong to imply that blacks were better off under slavery.

• Josh says:

Mr. Bundy did NOT “imply that blacks were better off under slavery.”! You heard what you wanted to hear. That is not what he said!

• lineman says:

I wonder if Sentient would be so kind to inform us all of why welfare is so much better than slavery…

• Josh says:

I don’t think that is what Sentient is saying. I don’t wish to take his/her words out of context just as I wish he/she would not take Mr. Bundy’s words out of context.

• lineman says:

I wasn’t taking any of Sentients words out of context…I was asking him/her a question based on what he/she had said earlier…You aren’t the same person are you since you keep answering questions deemed at him/her…

• John Galt says:

“really discuss the substance of creating generational dependency and lost moral compass headings.”

Read Bill Clinton’s speeches circa 1996 on the topic of welfare reform. He hit that nail on the head.

• joshua says:

I wonder if ERIC HOLDER thinks Bundy is a COWARD like everyone that is afraid to discuss this issue according to Holder. Why is HE SILENT when a white man dares to speak the truth…is Eric Holder actually the coward, hiding behind melatonin?

• Josh says:

“is Eric Holder actually the coward, hiding behind melatonin?” I don’t know about all that but YES, ERIC HOLDER IS A COWARD.

• jello333 says:

Fantastic! Thank you. I think this is partly why all this stuff (Bundy, Utash, George, stuff before) makes me so angry. While part of it is how much harm this is doing to whites, it’s also that it’s doing great harm to blacks… GOOD blacks. I KNOW (as we all do here), 100%, from personal experience, that there are a lot of good black people out there. And I also know that it’s the fault of the NOT so good black (and Tim Wise-like white) people, and especially the scum like Sharpton, that the good guys get painted with a broad brush. And I tell you what… the BGI and their ilk don’t WANT us to realize there are lots of good black people out there. And beyond that, they want to make sure the good black people are AFRAID to stand up and be counted.

• michellc says:

“I am a direct descendent of slaves. My grandfather was born there to a father and a mother who had been slaves. And by the way, their family was more intact than the black family is today,” Jackson said.

“I’m telling you that slavery did not destroy the black family, even though it certainly was an attack on the black family. It made it difficult,” he said.

Jackson claims that new welfare programs created in the 1960s caused the deterioration of black families.

“The program that began to tell women, ‘You don’t need a man in the home, the government will take care of you,’ (and) that began to tell men, ‘You don’t need to be in the home, the government will take care of this woman and will take care of these children,’ ” he said.

Jackson was referring to the Food Stamp Act of 1964, which attempted to address the nation’s problem of hunger by providing another means-tested program for the poor, the disabled and single-parent households, in the form of food stamps.

“In 1960, most black children were raised in two-parent, monogamous families,” Jackson said. “By now, by this time, we only have 20 percent of black children being raised in two-parent, monogamous families with a married man and woman raising those children. It wasn’t slavery that did that, it was government that did that, trying to solve problems that only God can solve, and that only we as human beings can solve,” he said.

32. michellc says:

“Back in the Old South, if you were a slave, everything was provided for,” West told the audience. “The master gave you your housing, your food, your job. And the slave was totally dependent.

“Now look at America today. It’s the same story. Obama has taken the role of slavemaster. He’s giving away food, shelter, and work to black people and creating a permanent underclass of 21st century slaves.

“If you’re on welfare, you belong to the government. If you’re on food stamps, you belong to the government. If you use Social Security, Medicare, student loans, or the post office, the government owns your mind, body and soul.

“And if you decide that you don’t want to pay taxes to fund this slavery, then overseer (Attorney General) Eric Holder is gonna come down and whip your butt into a federal court.”

33. carterzest says:

It is hard to even stomach reading anywhere other than CTH. Thanks for all you do. Here are a few articles that I found……
    Cliven Bundy Neatly Encapsulates a Potent Crossroads of Opposition to Obama

and

A List of Cliven Bundy’s Supporters, Now That We Know He’s a Pro-Slavery Racist

34. sundance says:

Were you aware that in order to break the racist ways of Southern Democrats, it was Republican President Eisenhower who sponsored both Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act and it was a Democrat LBJ lead Senate who fought tooth and nail against them?

Republican Ike finally signed a watered down Civil Rights Bill. Yes, let me repeat that, Republican President Dwight Eisenhower sponsored and signed the first Civil Rights Bill.

Did you know that?

In 1957 President Eisenhower signed the Civil Rights Act of 1957, which was intended to guarantee the voting rights of all African Americans. This was the first Civil Rights legislation to pass since Reconstruction. He also was forced to send Federal troops to Little Rock Arkansas to escort black students entering a formally all white school.

Now today all we hear in regards to Civil Rights legislation centers around the 1964 C.R.A., but this is leaving out some of the most important parts. Including the fact that Democrat LBJ, prior to moving up to the Executive Office, opposed legislation favoring civil rights for African Americans in this country. One should ask, why this is no longer taught in our schools to children?

How strong was Democrat LBJ’s opposition?

…”“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.” —LBJ

…”I’ll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One

Both quotes about excerpted and outlined in the book: http://www.amazon.com/Inside-White-House-Kessler/dp/1433244985

35. Abagail says:

Clive Bundy is a reminder of what it means to be an American during a time of progressive upside-down turmoil. He has reawakened and renewed American spirit, and in doing so, provided a focused lens on the criminal government nefarious activities. This sidebar fluff is designed to distract people, and thankfully, doesn’t seem to be working.

Also of interest, is the latest American icon chosen for attack: John Wayne. I laughed yesterday when I noticed the smear article. I guess pajama boy was afraid to use the revered NRA spokesman Charlton Heston.

Clive Bundy must be protected!!!!!

36. joshua says:

The man merely stated plainly and without nuanced political measurement of words, THE KING HAS NO CLOTHES. The man is RIGHT. Anyone making his statement into something HORRIBLE is trying to ignore the fact. THE KING HAS NO CLOTHES.

37. Springtreet says:

I listened to the complete Bundy interview. Three points “missed” by the media (including FOX):
    1.) The county ranchers had to band together and use their own money to fight in court … and they won! The judge ruled there was no scientific evidence presented that the tortoise was impacted by cattle … BUT … this didn’t stop the “environmentalists”. The BLM’s still issued court orders for the ranchers to remove their cattle … and then most (of the 52) gave up their livelihood.
    2.) Then, the BLM’s state and national “environmentalists” bought the preemptive grazing rights of the remaining 6 ranchers (but not Bundy). Evidently, at that time, those American ranchers had accrued rights to their historic grazing land … which the media NOW believes have vanished.
    3.) All the Bundy cattle were not “rounded up and then returned to prevent violence”. Many were shot by BLM gunmen and then secretly buried.
    And Charles Krauthammer? Watch the whole Bundy interview (and the new pictures of the unburying of the slain cattle) … then apologize for your ignorance.

38. moe2004 says:

Mr. Bundy is on CNN right now, truly feel bad for him. He’s clearly upset and confused, the reporter is being a real jerk. He’s more or less explaining political correctness to him, Mr. Bundy needs our prayers.

• doodahdazee says:

He said that anyone, should be able to sit anywhere, on the Bus and he would be proud to sit with a black anywhere on the bus. If that is racist we are long gone.

39. JAS says:

What did we expect? Bundy attacked the core beliefs of the liberal ideology. They were all chomping at the bit for something like this. An out of context and non-PC statement. That’s all the have on him, but for them it is huge. That’s how they roll.

How about Reid calling him a terrorist? Crickets…..

• dsb steve says:

I did not expect conservative pundits and politicians to denounce Bundy. Since I think what Cliven said was factual I take what the Sean Hannitys and Rand Pauls said as an attack on me.

• doodahdazee says:

A totally indoctrinated fool lacks the ability to think critically. They are unable to process information in a rational manner if it interferes with their programming. This is the Liberal Prime Directive.

40. Eric says:

It’s fun watching CNN right now. The DA that is on Newsroom thought the black guy was going to take her side and she’s pulling the Nancy Grace routine of cutting both guys off. She hates when Harry Reid is being called a racist aswell.

41. Abagail says:

An intelligent man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.A

42. John Galt says:

Bundy doesn’t speak PC, but made essentially the same argument advanced by Bill Clinton in 1996 in support of welfare reform.

“Last summer we made a new beginning on one of our Nation’s most vexing problems, the welfare system. When I signed the historic welfare reform law, we set out to honor a moral obligation for our Nation, to help many people in our national community to help themselves. This law dramatically changes the Nation’s welfare system so that no longer will it fail our people, trap so many families in a cycle of dependency, but instead will now help people to move from welfare to work. It will do so by requiring work of every able-bodied person, by protecting children, by promoting parental responsibility through tougher child support enforcement.

We’ve worked a long time to reform welfare. Change was demanded by all the American people, especially those on welfare who bore the brunt of the system’s failure. For decades now, welfare has too often been a trap, consigning generation after generation to a cycle of dependency. The children of welfare are more likely to drop out of school, to run afoul of the law, to become teen parents, to raise their own children on welfare. That’s a sad legacy we have the power to prevent. And now we can.

, , , ,

Throughout the country we’re working to make responsibility a way of life, not an option. That means millions of people are on their way to building lives with the structure, purpose, meaning, and dignity that work gives. And that is something to celebrate.”

43. Chewbarkah says:

Eric Holder said we are too cowardly to have a national dialogue on race. Seeing the Left’s and even the Right media’s destruction of someone who dared opine diversely on the subject, it’s not hard to see why. Cliven Bundy seems to be a simple man, who is not a coward, something which the Statists can’t abide. Racism is indeed implicit in his remarks, in that he obviously views groups of people in racial or ethnic terms, makes gross generalizations, and gratuitously uses loaded terms like “picking cotton”. He does not seem to harbor racial animosity. His need to exploit his fifteen minutes of fame certainly gave the media and Harry Reid the diversion they craved — that anything he said would be edited and repackaged was a given. We need to get off the PC sideshow and re-focus attention on Harry Reid’s corrupt solar energy scheme and exploitation of office.

• John Galt says:

“Eric Holder said we are too cowardly to have a national dialogue on race.”

A legitimate discussion of race includes a discussion of genetics, not a good topic for pale faced Holder and his pale faced wife.

• auscitizenmom says:

“national dialogue on race” means “you whites and Uncle Tom blacks shut up and I will tell you what I want you to believe.”

• Josh says:

“We need to get off the PC sideshow and re-focus attention on Harry Reid’s corrupt solar energy scheme and exploitation of office” AND SO MUCH MORE!

44. Josh says:

I’ve heard, and read, that Mr. Bundy is 68 years of age (although I’d say he doesn’t sound a day over 98.) What IS his age? Regardless of his age, the ultimate concern and question behind his comments are the same many people are expressing.

45. yankeeintx says:

I can’t find it now, but I watched a Bill Whittle video where he explains what Romney should have said. He thinks that Romney should have told Blacks in IIRC, Philadelphia that they have traded one plantation for another by living in gov’t housing projects and being held back by the handouts. The only difference between what Whittle said and what Bundy said was that Whittle is very eloquent.
    I think people need to remember that Mr. Bundy was raised on a ranch in Nevada. It is not an easy life, working dawn to dusk year round. He also has 14 children that he has provided for, and I doubt he has ever taken a gov’t handout to do it. When has this man ever had time to study the current acceptable PC terms that change frequently.
    When I grew up, Negro was the PC term, then black, then African-American. I grew up in the northeast in a town with very few black families (the ones that were there, were due to a nearby military base). We were raised to treat everybody the same, but I don’t know if the black kids got invited to as many birthday parties or school dances, so I don’t know if they felt slighted. Now, after having lived all over the country and in Europe, my perspective has changed. In my experiences, it is no longer enough to treat people as equals. With blacks (but not Hispanics), you must go above and beyond to treat them better, or out comes the race card. I find myself walking on eggshells around blacks lest I accidently say something that can misconstrued as racism. It is exhausting. So here comes the disclaimer- no, I am not talking about all blacks, but call me a racist if you’d like, I’m getting used to it.

• Abagail says:

gov’t handout – $1.35 per animal.
      Charging fees for grazing private livestock on federal lands is a long-standing but contentious practice. Generally, livestock producers who use federal lands want to keep fees low, while conservation groups and others believe fees should be increased. The formula for determining the grazing fee for lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the Forest Service (FS) uses a base value adjusted annually by the lease rates for grazing on private lands, beef cattle prices, and the cost of livestock production. Currently, the BLM and FS are charging a grazing fee of $1.35 per animal unit month (AUM). For fee purposes, an AUM is defined as a month’s use and occupancy of the range by one animal unit.

• lineman says:

So let me get this straight you think its a govt handout because they charge 1.35 a Head?

• John Galt says:

What passes for “grazing land” in portions of Nevada and Texas looks a lot like desert.

• yankeeintx says:

“He also has 14 children that he has provided for, and I doubt he has ever taken a gov’t handout to do it.”
        So are you calling his children animals? If they are paying fair rates, how is that a handout? Mr. Bundy has always been willing to pay for the use of the land, just not to the federal gov’t, only to the state or county that has sovereignty over the land. The BLM has used the funds to buy out all the other ranchers that once used the valley. Mr. Bundy is the last man standing.

46. crossthread42 says:

Compare what Clive Bundy Opined, in His statement, to what **Shabazz* broadcast
    on August 13,2012, (LINK–> http://blog.adl.org/extremism/king-samir-shabazz-bomb-white-churches-and-kill-white-babies)
    Quote:
    “you’re going to have to kill some of these babies, just born three sec­onds ago. You’re going to have to go into the God damn nurs­ery and just throw a damn bomb in the damn nurs­ery and just kill every­thing white in sight that ain’t right.”

We gonna need preach­ers going into the cracker churches throw­ing hand grenades on early Sun­day morn­ing when the cracker got his hands up, ‘please white Jesus!’ Well we gonna throw a bomb in that God damn church, burn up the cracker, burn up the cracker Jesus, and burn up some cracker white supremacy.”

…drag some of these god damn rusty dusty ass crack­ers out of their homes, skin their asses alive, hang their asses up by some damn rope in some trees, drag them up and down the streets by God damn trucks, sick the pit bulls on them, pour acid on their asses, dump them in a God damn river, bring them back up, bust them in the head with a rock.
    End Quote…

Where is/was the uproar over those comment(s) that Sabazz; Espouses, AND continues to make?
    What a up-side down PC cluster_____; NATION… We live in today…
    (I want off at the next stop please, STOP Da TRAIN!, some place with NO People, a Garden/Cabin/Fertile Plain’s, and Lots of fish to be caught & PEACE & quiet), that’s How I feel somedays…

47. Josh says:

“Alfonzo Rachel is our in studio guest today discussing his new book “Weapons Of A.S.S. Destruction”, a handbook to help the Republicans learn how to fight off the same old, tired accusations that have been used against them for 50 years. And, why Black Americans continue to vote democrat even though their values are completely ignored.”

Democratic Party – The New Plantation [2012-Aug-30]

48. Gregg keyes says:

I was born in 1950, raised in the south of Georgia. Segregation was institutional until after I Ieft in 1963 to Fl. I listened to the full transcript. Clive is older than me and from a different time frame. This is very important in understanding him, and all of us. WHAT he says is true, how he says it is dated. He is actually speaking in favor of and in understanding of in a heart felt way, black citizens. Todays’ blacks cannot understand that, but I do, regarding my time and geographical frame of reference. Furthermore he is complimenting the Hispanics for their recognized family values, something we N. Americans have lost. Dear black readers, listen carefully to what this ‘hick’ is saying, he is not denigrating you, he is trying to explain what he sees within the context of his frame of reference. He is faulting the government for denying black citizens the dignity of citizenship in a REAL sense. How he comes across is, lets just say: awkward for anyone under 60. But he is actually sympathetic to the cause of what he sees in the black community. As a former racist, i can say that he is not being racist. You laugh at me because I said ‘former’ racist. Yet,quite frankly who isn’t or has been? Answer that honestly.

• Josh says:

“…who isn’t or has been?” Me. Honestly.

Great comment, Gregg

• jordan2222 says:

“He is actually speaking in favor of and in understanding of in a heart felt way, black citizens.”

I arrived here 4 years before you in SC so I can relate perfectly to what you wrote. You and I share the same opinion about your statement. Perception is everything in this discussion and ours is clearly different than many others. I suspect many blacks that grew up in the South during our era think similarly. I disagree with most of the critical remarks that have been made about him, especially his alleged ignorance. I see his accusers as the ignorant. Once again.. it’s a matter of one’s perception and mine is different than theirs.

YOUR perception is YOUR reality.. not so easily changed. I am generalizing but IMO, Progressive haters in this issue have a perception that is very different than those of us who call ourselves conservative patriots.

Most of the intellectual discussions I have seen about race emphasize perception and the white man’s seeming “difficulties” in viewing things “realistically” and how they have changed historically from THEIR perception.

This is just another example of MSM fanning the racial flames. Nothing new about that but during the heat of battle, emotions can get out of control and so we take the bait and fight back the only way we can.. speaking up and openly expressing our beliefs. Now even the conservative pundits who have a voice will not speak for us. Our numbers have now diminished as a result of “someone’s” perception of what Bundy said but the traitors are being exposed.

49. Pingback: Quora

• Josh says:

THIS is what we need. Black folk, white folk, all different kinds of folk to stand up for righteousness! Kumbaya!

50. Pingback: Don’t be Racist like Bundy — Take a Negro to lunch This Week | danmillerinpanama

51. dws says:

The way CNN has continued to attack this man all day is the most sickening thing I’ve seen from them. And that’s saying a lot. I hope people get a backbone and stand up and say it like it is and let it be known that talking about race isn’t racist.

• doodahdazee says:

CNN and MSNBC talking heads and followers should be issued Black Pajamas and Straw Hats. The real Pajama Boyz.

52. Pingback: Cliven Bundy’s Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Statements Completely Discredits New York Times |

53. Peripatetic says:

Has Sean Hannity issued an apology for accepting and responding to the NY Times and Media Matters edited versions of Cliven Bundy’s remarks? If not, he is both irresponsible and cowardly. Some folks call Abraham Lincoln a racist because of the way his words sound in an early 21st century context even though they caused him to be vilified as a betrayer of his race in his times. Cliven Bundy’s expressions were not politically correct, but there was nothing inherently racist about them in their full context. Indeed, he identified government policies which encourage the continuing lack of progress for some communities in America that might otherwise be much happier and more successful in achieving the American dream of equality and prosperity. The only racism involved was the race baiting by the NY Times and Media Matters with their provocative editing of this 80 year old man’s remarks. Come on, Hannity. Man up and admit you were hoodwinked by liberal media outlets.

54. Pingback: What Cliven Bundy Really Said | Daily Pundit

55. Disgusted says:

This man is not 80, he’s 67. Younger than my father (and I’m 31). He doesn’t get a pass because of age. He’s a bigot and anyone defending him just wants to absolve their own racism.

56. Pingback: Leftist Propaganda Meant to Smear and Disarm Govt. Criticism | The NeoConservative Christian Right

57. Pingback: Massive win for the 2A. Armed men are no cows. - Page 3 - Shooting Sports Forum

58. Pingback: Vote for Kira Davis - Shooting Sports Forum

59. Pingback: VDH Whiffs One | Daily Pundit

60. Pingback: Unedited Video Shows Bundy Making Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican Comments | 3rdeyeviZion

61. Pingback: Hate Laws Intended To Silence Truth : Veracity Voice