Really Tough Quiz – State Capitals!

usa_map
I tried this one, and it is a toughie – name the capital of the states as they are asked – while racing against the clock:

Can You Name The US State Capitals?

About these ads
This entry was posted in Humor & Quizzes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

50 Responses to Really Tough Quiz – State Capitals!

1. czarowniczy says:

Ummm – why? Haven’t they been declared irrelevant?

2. auscitizenmom says:

No, I can’t.

3. Sharon says:

:( No comment.

4. mcfyre2012 says:

Whew! … I got them all with 33 seconds to spare.

5. Anne says:

Guess i am a real doofus – 17 out of 50. My excuse – i was called away from computer, honest. Helena i would have remembered because it is a pretty name. Well, you know what they say, brain cells begin to die off the minute you are born. That was fun.

• Lulu says:

Me, too. 17. But no excuse other than brain fade…

Remember being drilled on these in elementary school – seemed as though the drills were almost daily. Well, that’s the way it seemed…

• Lulu says:

Good grief! I missed 17. Got 33. What was I thinking? I really do believe this hasn’t been a good brain day.

Back for a redo later. Kudos to the smarties.

6. lepanto says:

When the beauty pageant contestant was told to memorize the state capitals, she was able to do so in less than one week:
    “The capital of Alaska is ‘A’. The capital of California is ‘C’ …”

7. raskog says:

I used to know these by heart and brag. It’s been so long……………

8. Ian says:

100%. I can’t believe I remembered them so well.

9. raskog says:

Berlin, Mynmar, Helsinki, Olso, Paris, Beijing, these are the ones that come to mind now. And most they aren’t even capitals. Damn the media. Too much attention on the globe, not enough pride on North American cities. The Salamander is just an abusive husband (or wife, depending on your persuasion) who beats up on Americans (the spouse) and smiles for the camera.

10. I finished the 2nd time in 4:23 with all 50 correct. It stinks, though, because I got about 2/3 of the way through it the first time and our power blinked and my computer died. So….wasn’t doing as well the first time around. I knew most, but a few I struggled with and the second time I already knew what the correct answer was for most. It’s been a loooooong time since I did a state capital test!! I knew, of course, all the states in my geographical vicinity and places I’ve visited, not so much some of the others. Good fun, though.

11. raskog says:

Spoiler alert!*

The state capital of Hawaii is *Hell*, Hawaii. Go back home, you Jerk in Chief.

12. kathyca says:

39 of 50 on the first go. Which is even more pathetic than it might otherwise be since I studied these with one of my kids for about an hour less than a week ago and she got 95% on HER quiz. I’m keeping this under my hat with her :)

13. ZurichMike says:

ZurichMike took a pass on this, because he is the retired 4th-grade champion of “name the state capitals” from 1969.

14. sangell says:

I was thinking the other day that my geography, while good, is woefully deficient when it comes to decent nations. I don’t know much about Canada e.g. I know they have Sashkatchewan ( see can’t even spell it ) and Manitoba but I don’t which is which on a map. Ontario, I know but is Ottawa the capital of it or is it just the national capital? Alberta and British Columbia I can locate but those eastern seaboard states… not so easy to distinguish Newfoundland from New Brunswick and is Labrador a separate state. How about Nova Scotia? The French are still dangerously close cause, last I heard, St. Pierre and Miquelon are ruled by France and chock full of collaborators and defeatists.

• raskog says:

Ottawa is Canada’s capital. It might not be for Quebec if the local government has its way. Quebec City is the capital of the French province. This is where they are outlawing hijabs, Hindu knives and overt symbols of religion. It’s a thriving province apart from other Canadian provinces, does its own thing admirably, has a socialist health care system but Obamacare and the British National Healthcare system sends shivers down their back.

• raskog says:

With the exception of Alberta of course, which is rich in oil. Quebec is also strongly Roman Catholic, dislikes France very much, the same way Americans dislike Britain. These are the sons and daughters who got away from the oppression much like the Mayflower Pilgrims.

• sangell says:

Oh didn’t mention Quebec not as a slight but simply because most Americans are familiar with Quebec in a way they aren’t with Manitoba. For some strange reason Quebec also seems to have outlaw motorcycle gangs that make American ones seem mild and law abiding.

15. Omar says:

I got them all…but I only had 28 seconds to spare by the time I was finished. Aggghhh. I’m slipping.

16. LetJusticePrevail" says:

My teachers will haunt my dreams tonight. I won a prize for naming all 50 in 5th grade. Today I could only get 17.

17. ctdar says:

Yikes where is Tilda with the Conjunction Junction train on state capitals?? I ran out of time and misspellings got me :( …gotta go off to study a bit more.

18. I pass. It’s not even accurate – 7 states are missing ;)

19. labrat says:

I knew them all but I can’t spell them all! :(

(could NOT spell Montpelier)

20. Ju’no what the capital of Alaska is? Get it? “Do you know” compressed down to Juno? Heh.

21. Stormy says:

May ALL of those capitals and those who serve within them help us reclaim control of our country and return it to a republic.

22. Sally Jeanne says:

Don’t even ask. I think I got 2. Had no idea. I never learned state capitals.

23. bob e says:

i am ready to be punished..school masta’…

24. Pingback: Time to teach these hooligans some manners