02-08 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

“The sensationalized, fact-deficient coverage of this case has achieved the
desired results. The networks got their ratings. The politicians got their
talking points. And if it means innocent people get caught in the middle of the
racial enmity they’ve fomented, obviously it’s considered acceptable collateral
damage.
Congratulations, geniuses. Job well done. Jim Treacher, The DC Trawler

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

About these ads
This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

521 Responses to 02-08 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. brutalhonesty says:

Can we get someone to introduce and sponsor this???
    RESOLUTION
    Honoring the life of George Zimmerman, urging the confirmation of Stand Your Ground laws, and calling on the United States Government to address the crisis of racial profiling of whites as racists.

Whereas Trayvon Martin would have celebrated his 18th birthday on February 5, 2013;

Whereas on February 26, 2012, Trayvon Martin, an African-American youth, was justifiably shot and killed while left unattended in Sanford, Florida, because he was assaulting George Zimmerman;

Whereas George Zimmerman was racially profiled, stalked, hunted, made to fear for his life, and ultimately defended himself;

Whereas a bloodied Zimmerman raised a ‘self-defense’ claim and Martin, as the deceased perpetrator, had no injuries whatsoever;

Whereas a police officer is allowed to discharge his or her weapon in self defense, and a private citizen should be allowed to the same right to self preservation with regard to the use of deadly physical force;

Whereas Trayvon Martin’s brutal assault on george and the inconceivable fact that George remains in hiding due to racist threats from blacks, should not be ignored;

Whereas over 2,200,000 signatures have been collected on an online petition demanding justice for Martin’s family based on the assumption george was a white racist and so are the cops;

Whereas Trayvon Martin’s unfounded assumptions and racial bias led to the use of deadly force;

Whereas Travyon Martin was a victim of the Black Grievance Industry and democrat policies regarding letting Blacks get away with more than their white counterparts;

Whereas this case sets a horrific precedent of vigilante justice and compromises the integrity of the legal system;

Whereas Florida’s Persecution of George Zimmerman has been criticized by both the legal and law enforcement communities;

Whereas Alan_Dershowitz, the youngest full professor of law in its history.Dershowitz has been described by Newsweek as America’s “most peripatetic civil liberties lawyer and one of its most distinguished defenders of individual rights.”, has declared the probable cause affidavit and subsequent persecution of George Zimmerman to be a ‘crime,’ “If there are riots, it will be the prosecutor’s fault because she overcharged, raised expectations,” Dershowitz said. “This prosecutor not only may have suborned perjury, she may be responsible, if there are going to be riots here, for raising expectations to unreasonable levels.”

Whereas over 20 States have passed and implemented Stand Your Ground laws;

Whereas Stand Your Ground laws dramatically and correctly expand the right of citizens to use deadly force, and have been the subject of national scrutiny in the wake of the Liberal agenda using Trayvon Martin’s death; and

Whereas Stand Your Ground laws are opposed by organizations, corporations, and individuals that ignored advice from experts explaining that such laws would enhance public safety, proportionately protect communities of un-color, and would result in fewer thugs getting away with their knock out games: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives–

(1) Affirms reliance on Stand Your Ground laws to protect actions that extend far beyond historical use of self-defense;

(2) urges any State legislature to affirm or propose further Stand Your Ground legislation;

(3) commits to developing incentives for States to enact Stand Your Ground legislation such as grants for community policing and gun training for gun owners;

(4) encourages States to create penalties for individuals found to have caused substantive harm through reverse racial profiling; and

(5) urges the United States Commission on Civil Rights to seek to elevate the social status of Black men and boys by undertaking studies to understand and correct the underlying causes of higher rates of school expulsions and suspensions, homicides, incarceration, poverty, violence, drug abuse, as well as income, health, and educational disparities among Black males….their own cultural race based choices

• ejarra says:

The is one part that is incorrect and needs to be changed before going forward.

“Whereas Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, admitted to police that he shot Martin in the chest in self defense;”

He never said that he shot him in the chest.

He said he shot him, period. In fact, he said that he thought he missed him at first. I said yesterday that we need to stop using this language. Georgie shot at Mr. Martin. He did NOT in tend to mortally wound him. He did NOT intend to kill him. His intent was to get Mr. Martin off of him, period.

Please change the last part to “admited to police he shot AT Mr.Martin in self-defense.” The was NO MALICE in his action. NONE!

And the state CANNOT prove that there was.

• justfactsplz says:

Bravo. Your are correct. When the shot rang out George did not know if he shot Trayvon, if Trayvon shot him, or heaven forbid a passerby.

• libby says:

WELL Said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      we need a statue of the man who stood up to the BGI so bravely

• tara says:

None of the politicians would buy into this because they’re afraid that their houses will be burned down.

• AghastInFL says:

little thing.. all instances of the proper name George should be capitalized, in fact you should use the full name as you have with TM.

• howie says:

Every time Bernie opens his mouth at the hearing Omara should jump up and yell…Objection, assumes facts not in evidence.

2. arkansasmimi says:

Sending prayers for sweet moments of comfort and strength to you Geo and Shelli and Family. Stay strong and keep faith. GOD is GOOD, ALL THE TIME! Hugs

3. justfactsplz says:

George and Shellie, Bobby did a fantastic job on the open letter today to Pink Cowboy Hat. She needed to be called on her false statements. Keep trusting the Lord, he will never let you down.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you so much. Someone posted it on one of the threads here earlier and I could not find it again to post the link.

• Chip Bennett says:

I dare the dishonorable, race-baiting nitwit Frederica Wilson to slander a private citizen like that, outside the safety of the Congressional record.

Robert’s open-letter response was excellently worded.

• partyof0 says:

She will probably have to have someone tell her what it means…

• justfactsplz says:

He is vey well spoken and always keeps his cool.

• Sha says:

I agree … it was excellently worded by him and she is a race-baiting nitwit !!!! I dont have a problem with her supporting TM’s family that is her right, but I have a problem with what she said and how she said it and I dont get offended very easily.” Her people” she is a congresswomen she should stand for ALL people of every RACE . Vote her sorry ass out because If it where a white man or women that said that I would be just as offended . They should all stand for all of us equally.

• John Galt says:

Wilson may indeed be protected against a defamation suit.

• Chip Bennett says:

Wilson may indeed be protected against a defamation suit.

Oh, absolutely. She wrote her libel in a Congressional resolution, which protects her. Just like Jack Murtha slandered the Haditha Marines and got away with it, because he was (supposedly) acting in his official capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Forces committee.

• tara says:

So it appears, if I read that document correctly, that Murtha was excused because he received the misinformation from official briefings, and then he went on to repeat it thinking that it was correct. Ol’ Rabid Dog got her info from a civilian. Also, unlike the war, the Zimmerman case is not the business of the federal government therefore her racist rant is not in the scope of her official duties. Worth a shot, maybe?

• jello333 says:

Yeah, when I first heard about it, I thought she had made that statement to the media or something. I didn’t know it was in an official Congressional document, which just like on the floor of the House, I’m pretty sure she can get away with saying almost anything. It’s a messed up law, but there it is. Hopefully she’s stupid enough to repeat some of this when she’s talking to reporters or something.

• tara says:

Did any of the gutless wonders in the House get up and walk out while Wilson engaged in her racist rant?

4. brutalhonesty says:

a real person whom ive never seen before(meaning its not a troll) posted on Insession:

Kathryn Dodd Yarborough Im sorry but most of GZ’s supporters are basing their opinion on GZ’s word and the blood on his head. GZ’s credibility will be destroyed in court (taking away that side of the argument). The blood won’t be enough to show that GZ wasn’t at fault for killing someone that he stalked through mistaken vigilante justice…armed while the one he pursued was not. Is this the wild west…whoever has a gun or pulls it out the fastest wins? That’s what it sounds like youre condoning when you defend GZ.
    11 minutes ago · Like · 4

• justfactsplz says:

These people do not even know or study the evidence. They will forever have their head stuck in the sand.She talks of the wild west while she condones a public lynching.

5. rumpole2 says:

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest

They just make stuff up

“…there is a witness who saw GZ on top of Trayvon when the gun was fired.”

Not just the gullible old dears (worker cretins) who proudly announce they will not read the documents, but eagerly await one of the Alpha Cretins to tell them what is in them.
    It is the Alpha Cretins themselves who claim expertise in many subjects, but have knowledge of none. They say they read all the documents, have analysed all the evidence, and consult with other experts (Leatherman lol). Yet despite all that, they are IGNORANT of even the most basic facts, and/or they blatantly lie to deceive the poor dim worker cretins. They hype these poor old aged women up and keep the mass hysteria fueling the lynch mob mentality.

Random Topics

……………………………………………… photo cockatoo_zpsd358cb24.gif………………………………………………

• rumpole2 says:

It’s Only Make Believe

• eastern2western says:

let me guess, must be the mary cutcher fable. her fantasy of saw nothing some how became watching zimmerman jumping on top of trayvon and shooting him on the back of his head. sometimes people take a fable and spin it till infinity.

• selfdefenseadvocate says:

rumpole and others who think being old means you are senile, would you mind not continually referring to aged women in such a negative ways? I do not visit the sites you mention and have no desire to visit. I enjoy many of your posts, but agism and sexism are just as wrong headed and biased as racism.

• ejarra says:

I just love how Chip breaks down an argument.

• Chip Bennett says:

Willful ignorance, projection of beliefs on reality, and cognitive dissonance. Teeto actually believes what she writes, and is a casebook example of the mental disorder that is liberalism.

• selfdefenseadvocate says:

I have no idea who any of these people are and I have no idea whether any of them are “poor” aged” or if they are women. Please provide the title of your “casebook” that shows liberalism as a poor old aged woman’s mental disorder. I could definitely proviide criteria from the DSM for some of the “mental disorders” for some men (not all) of all political persuasions. Ignorance, agism and sexism are not limited to one political party.

• tara says:

It was my understanding that the comments were directed at a specific bunch of women posting at another web site. Maybe I’m wrong?

• Chip Bennett says:

That is a complete straw man. I commented on the beliefs of a specific person, as expressed by that person, and made no mention of age, gender, or financial status.

• rumpole2 says:

:D
        aka: “Stupid” …..an incurable condition. It can be fatal.

• selfdefenseadvocate says:

I am OLD, POOR and FEMALE but I am not stupid nor senile and just because someone has an opinion different than mine, does not mean they are senile or stupid. I stay away from those sites. I left an anti- George Zimmerman site when I came here. I thought the George Zimmerman threads on this site were to discuss the Geoge Zimmerman case, not petty gossip about what “liberal old women” are saying on other sites. . As a Florida resident, I have seroious concerns about this case and have followed the case since it was first on my local news nearly a year ago. Wading through judgemental ” hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension”, whether they are directed at people who post on this site or directed at people on other sites is childish and petty. Here is my understanding of the rules on this site- verbatim: “REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You”. (end quote).

I observed on here for sometime before I ever posted. I was very impressed (still am) with the site in general and with the hard work of some of the people here. I came here because I had first observed d-man’s site and was amazed at all the work he had done. I like the rules here and have respected them and the people here. As a retired family therapist, psychiatric social worker and geriatric social worker. I do take offense to discrimination (agism and sexism) and hatespeak no matter who it is directed towards.. It is no different than racism. It took me a very long time to type this because I am severely arthritic and in a wheel chair, but the sun is high in the sky so hopefully “sundowners syndrome” won’t set in for a few hours. I have some errands to run. Thank you, Sundance, for allowing me to visit here. I have learned a lot and had a lot of fun.

• partyof0 says:

I’ve been through a bunch of “isms…including racism…and I’m Italian/Irish…well mostly the first part…I guess it’s part of why I’m so empathetic & at the same time incensed about this lynching…

• partyof0 says:

Sometimes I feel like I need to start a “million unhooded march” or a “normal pride parade”…maybe an “introvert pride parade”….”victim of reverse-racism parade”…and on…and on…and on…

• justfactsplz says:

A Justice For George parade would be nice.

I would participate!

• partyof0 says:

Somebody needs to create a wristband with “hang in there George Z” for $2.99…to help with his defense…send our own message like the people at Chicka-Fill did….

• tara says:

GREAT IDEA!!!! And all proceeds beyond what covers the actual item and shipping should be given to GZ’s legal defense fund. I would buy a couple dozen, easily.

• partyof0 says:

Same here…make it paypal payable and have someone trustworthy through this site find a vendor…JMO

• partyof0 says:

Should have said “have someone through this site find a trustworthy vendor” instead of “have someone trustworthy through this site find a vendor”…sorry admins and everyone

• howie says:

Ahh. Dunno I thinks this is all set to go. It was really not that much to deal with other than the politics. The burden is on the state. Regardless of the BGI.

• partyof0 says:

Must….Must be careful of individuals/haters bent on flooding it with orders…with no intention of paying…that’s why I suggested paypal…safe and secure…at least with ebay…err on the side of caution…

• justfactsplz says:

That is a great idea. Anybody out there make these?

• tara says:

Just want to add that I would happily pre-order so that the person setting this business up isn’t stuck with lots of wristbands and few buyers. I wish I knew how to get this going, I’d do it myself.

• justfactsplz says:

I don’t know. Maybe the makers of the caner bracelets could tell who their supplier is. I don’t know anything about what would be involved in making them.

• Sha says:

jfp : Look up Oriental Trading they make cheap little items and sell them in bulk.

• justfactsplz says:

Good idea. This is Paryofo’s idea so they need to get the credit for this brainstorm.

• tara says:

Hey, I had a company make some logo pins once. Pretty silver pins, I was very impressed with the quality. I think they were like $1 each. Let me investigate….

okay.

• dmoseylou says:

Excellent post, SDA

• rumpole2 says:

I appreciate your feelings.

I have stopped posting quoted JQ posts here at CTH and moved them to Random Topics so that posters here need not see them.
            People are free to post over there rather than upset people here.

IMO opinion posters at other forums who spew hate for, and misinformation about, George are doing harm to him and his case. I think that needs countering.
            As I have said before, my style is such that… when a friend is attacked I hit back with the same or greater force.

I am not sure that anything we post will actually change the outcome of this case, or help George… but I am still prepared to try. I don’t think polite discussion alone will help George.

Any derogatory remarks I make are always directed explicitly at people on other forums (JQ) and not people here. It would be and impossible to not include any categories of people who may post here as well as at JQ. The posters at JQ for the main part are daft old women. That is simply a fact.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, I know it’s not the same thing, but there are often things said around here that I could take offense to if I wanted to take it personally. Mainly the “scumbag liberals” kinds of comments. ;) ;) But I know everyone here well enough now to know exactly where they’re coming from when they say that, and I know they are NOT including people like me when they do it. I consider myself friends with a bunch of you guys here now. So I doubt there’s anything you could say of a general nature that would make me take it personally, and feel that you were in some way belittling me. So I wish Selfdefenseadvocate could see that, too. I imagine every single person on this site has one or more “old women” in their lives who they love and cherish, and they’d never do a thing to hurt them. And so when terms like “a bunch of stupid old women” are thrown around, it really isn’t personal… and not particularly serious. HERE:

A few days ago, my wife, my mom, and I were out driving around. An elderly woman was waiting on a bus at a corner, but was standing about a foot out in the road, causing cars to slow way down. My wife said, “What is that stupid old lady doing?” My mom, who is 85 years old, said, “Hey now!”, and pretended to look angry. My wife turned to her, about to apologize, and my mom just started laughing… and said, “You’re right, she IS stupid.” ;)

6. HughStone says:

When is the judge supposed to rule about Crump Deposition? Did she need two days for her to read it?

• rumpole2 says:

It does seem she is a slow reader…. so 2 days minimum I would say. :D
      I read it in 5 minutes.. rejected it well before I finished reading it.

• brutalhonesty says:

so she breaks her 48 hour rule, then she takes 2+ days to read it, then shes going to rule and if the defense doesnt like it they can file a motion….so she can take 2 days to read it…and the state and blackwell can then respond in tandem and she can take 4 days to read that, then take up a day hearing the motion against her ruling…and take a few days to rule on that…………but the defense isnt facing anything “insurmountable” and doesnt need more time?

• howie says:

Well maybe next week. After all there is no hurry. The defense does not need time to do anything because it is not insurmountable. Or something like that. After all it is only a citizen and his family having their life destroyed. No biggie. Right. There are lawyers to watch out for. If it get’s insurmountable…Oh well. Happens everyday. This is the CJS in Floriduh OK? Whaddaythink this is? We the elite can not be bothered with this petty stuff.

• John Galt says:

I don’t think she will rule on the Crump deposition or affidavit until the defense files a motion to compel the deposition. Hope it’s “compelling”.

• recoverydotgod says:

Compelling indeed! You must have to have a compelling motion to depose someone who “in this case, he was essentially an assistant attorney general.”

Judge denies George Zimmerman’s request to delay trial
        By Rene Stutzman and Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
        February 5, 2013

-snip-

In the past, O’Mara has characterized Crump as a villain who orchestrated a national media campaign that portrayed Zimmerman as a racist vigilante. On Tuesday, Crump’s lawyer, Bruce Blackwell, told the judge, “In this case, he was essentially an assistant attorney general.”

That’s because about three weeks after Trayvon was killed, Crump – not the police – discovered that a young Miami woman had been on the phone with Trayvon when he came face-to-face with Zimmerman, according to her statements.

She is identified in court paperwork as “witness 8″ and is sometimes described as Trayvon’s girlfriend. Crump questioned her and recorded their session, with an ABC news crew in the room. A short time later he allowed the FBI to make a copy of his recording.

O’Mara and co-counsel Don West have pointed to at least seven gaps and edits on the recording and earlier convinced the judge to let them put Crump under oath and question him about them.

“There is a black hole surrounding witness 8,” O’Mara told the judge on Tuesday.

Blackwell on Tuesday appeared to defuse that dispute by having Crump file a 15-page affidavit that explains what happened.

-snip-

• tara says:

Jesus. Would an assistant attorney general have bypassed police or investigators and performed their own casual telephone interview? Without confirming the subject’s identity? And claim that the subject is a minor but not confirm her age? And claim consent of the parents without confirming that the people who consented were actually her parents? And invite a reporter from a major network to sit in with his recording equipment?

If I didn’t know that the prosecution was in a big mess, I’d feel much worse about this.

• Sha says:

tara: It’s a HOT mess isn’t it. :D

• recoverydotgod says:

Maybe he was trying to assist State Atty Wolfinger /*sarc*/

Phone call reveals final moments of slain Florida teen: lawyer
            By Barbara Liston
            ORLANDO, Florida | Tue Mar 20, 2012

The case of an unarmed black teenager shot dead by a white neighborhood watch captain who police have failed to arrest will go before a grand jury, Florida prosecutors said on Tuesday.

State prosecutor Norm Wolfinger made the announcement as the victim’s family lawyer said 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was on his cellphone with a girlfriend, giving her a chilling, minute-by-minute account of what was happening in the moments before he died.

-snip

• tara says:

“Chilling” ? It’s obvious Barbara Liston didn’t hear a word of that interview. I suggest “lackluster”. Crump made it sound like DeeDee provided some crucial information when in fact she corroborated George’s account. It was a major letdown to find out what she actually said.

• howie says:

See: Anderson case. Same players.

• Flaladybug says:

Right you are Howie…….even the plays in the BGI play book haven’t changed!! That particular hot mess caused a great deal of collateral damage and ruined the reputations of many fine law enforcement officers as well as others involved either directly or indirectly. It was NOT a pleasant time to be in Bay County……just as volatile as Seminole County is at this moment.

7. eastern2western says:

Is it possible for the defense to skip crump and depose some other witnesses while waiting for nelson’s decision or is she playing the delay tactic too? How can she blame the defense for wasting time she is the one taking two days to read a 15 page affidavit? Come on Nelson, are you blind or do you need new glasses see the bs crump is pulling. He went every where to spread his propaganda, but he does not want to talk to the court and brings his lawyer in to block his deposition. even a blind man can smell this big rat, but this crazy woman is too blind to see it. some one needs to ask her about her 48 hour because it is not fair to the defense and makes a complete farce of the system.

• justfactsplz says:

She should not have accepted the affidavit in the hearing and she should have stopped Crump’s attorney the minute he started running his mouth. It is not fair. They are making a circus out of the courtroom. Somebody has gotten to this judge also. Did you see the dirty look that other prosecutor with Bernie gave the defense? If looks could kill. I do not have a very high opinion of our justice system right now. I have to testify as a witness next month in a criminal trial and I am a nervous wreck just thinking about it. I am a witness for the prosecution so maybe it will be okay.

• Sharon says:

Are you getting some practical guidance and support from the prosecutor’s office? Sorry you have to do that…isn’t it sickening how “in awe” we generally are of “legal proceedings” and how it affects when we have to participate in them–and then to see how disrespectful and despising so many are…..hope things go all right for you.

• justfactsplz says:

There has been very little guidance and support from the prosecutor’s office. This was a crime by a police officer against my disabled daughter. We are on our second prosector. It will be a jury trial. It has been coivered on the news several times. Whatever the outcome I am proud my daughter had the courage to stand up and fight against this evil. She is not the only victim but the only one who would come forward.

• justfactsplz says:

shoud read “covered”. Sorry.

• arkansasmimi says:

JFP, I say this only because of care and concern, Please be careful on personal info you put on here/online. Too many haters out there! Praying for things to go smoothly and efficiently for you and your child.

8. eastern2western says:

I read the florida syg law a couple of times and I just do not understand the media hate on it.
    1) First, it is a pro-self defense law and definitely not a pro-gun law. which makes it seem odd that the media claim that nra sponsored it because it raises gun sales. well, I do agree that guns are the best self defense weapon, but people could use other weapons for self defense too.
    2) It is not a free ticket to kill people just for following. which the martins are still selling at this point. these idiots are working vigorously trying to reappeal the syg laws in 22 states, but they want to claim syg for trayvon because zimmerman was following him? Is there a huge contradiction in here? Even the corrine brown’s letter claim that trayvon was defending himself, but she also wants to reappeal the law too. What exactly are they hoping to do to the syg law? It appears to me that they only want to make the law for black people only is their final goal.
    3) It is color blind, but the martins went to all the black churches and make the claim that it is against african americans.
    4) The black community seems to be blaming all of the deaths of black youths is caused by this law, but this law is only giving normal citizens their right to self defense.
    Basically, what exactly is their ground for reappealling this law? Is it because the martins do not like the fact that it applys to zimmerman and made the decision to simply reappeal it?

• The part of the SYG law they likely object to the most is immunity. Once immunity has been ruled, the civil action (i.e., the cha-ching part) stops dead in it’s tracks.

• boutis says:

Calling what the Martins object to in Florida law is a total misdirection almost certainly developed as a narrative by their PR Svengali. SYG is a hazy undefined catchall phrase. If they say they don’t think self defense laws should be on the books and they don’t think there should be any limitations on lawsuits even if the injured party was negligent or started it and someone else finished it no one would listen to them. They hate the immunity section of any self defense law and have been trying to circumvent it from the beginning. When civil immunity in self defense is clearly explained people always agree with it and the Scheme Team know it

9. boricuafudd says:

E2W if I may add something, compared to the numbers of Assaults and Murders in the State of Florida since the law was put into effect, it is rarely used. Something like 20-25 times a year.

10. eastern2western says:

according to npr radio, o’mara is possibly preparing for appelate court. I must miss the post hearing interview. see you in appleate court, Judge Nelson. I believe they have good chances because Nelson broke her own 48 hour rule and was just barking at the defense since the first minute.

Go for it MOM!

• John Galt says:

The problem with appellate court is that things like denial of a continuance and discovery orders are often not immediately appealable before trial on the grounds that there is no irreparable error in that the defendant can always appeal after trial, in the event of a conviction. There is an exception which allows immediate appeal of discovery orders that compel disclosure of allegedly privileged material because an erroneous order would improperly and irreversibly let the cat out of the bag. So Crump and perhaps ABC would be better postured than Z for an immediate appeal of an adverse ruling. Then the issue would be whether the defense would get a stay pending appeal of those issues, or whether Crump / ABC could simply run out the clock.

If Z is not granted a stay / continuance, the case proceeds to trial. In the event of conviction, Z appeals (perhaps while sitting in jail for a year or two). In the event of acquittal, the discovery issues / appeals are dismissed as moot.

• jello333 says:

If they appeal Nelson’s garbage, you can bet that MOM and West will argue there WILL be “irreparable error” if this is allowed to go forward.

11. arkansasmimi says:

INTERESTING: TM half sister fb on Tuesday….
    LowwKeyy Kira
    Tuesday via mobile.
    Im Hurt ,, I Miss My Brother I Dont Know What To Do Or Who Too Turn Too. At Times I Just Want Too Pin The Blame On EVERYBODY Just Because Theirs No One To Blame :( No One Know The Hurt My Family Go Through Because Of This No One Knows What Goes On Behind Closed Doors When We Are Alone. We Lost A Loved One That We Was Not Ready Too Say Until Next Time To. :'( Happy Birthday Brother I Love You :(

12. arkansasmimi says:

What the Heck? Electric chair? These people do NOT HAVE A CLUE!
    ******
    Caribbeans Islands Boii
    Tuesday.
    Shout-out to my friend and happi birthdaiii to her brotha travon martin r.i.p. travon we still rememba u ur family still going to hard times buht am askin dem to keep dere head up we will find justice for u hood rest in peace nd i hope dat nqqa dat kill u die on a electric chair hbd hood r.i.p travon man — with LowwKeyy Kira.
    LowwKeyy Kira and 7 others like this..
    LowwKeyy Kira Thanks
    Tuesday at 2:05pm via mobile

13. lovemygirl says:

I just discovered I can post on HuffPuff again (been a couple of years since I checked).
    Someone named TwinkiToes immediately recognized me as a CTH poster (after one post). What is odd is I posted under a different name over there. More Leatherheads or JQ types perusing our posts?

• lovemygirl says:

But it appears some of my posts have already disappeared and 80 are pending (from years ago I assume). They don’t discuss anything, they just flag you. That is why I left and may never go back, unless I’m drinking and itching for a fight. ;)

• tara says:

Take pleasure in knowing that you’ve gotten to them. :) They don’t want you comin’ ’round any more to point out the flaws in their arguments or talk about how hopeless their case is.

• lovemygirl says:

I also discovered that the HuffPuff GZ case is under the Black Voices section rather than Justice. Maybe that is why some of the commenters are so brain dead in support of the Scheme Team.

14. lovemygirl says:

More proof of the racial aspect – “The fair-skinned son of a white father and Hispanic mother, Zimmerman…”
    George Zimmerman Denied Delay Of Trayvon Martin Trial
    Reuters | Posted: 02/05/2013 11:33 am EST | Updated: 02/05/2013 1:36 pm EST

15. waltherppk says:

The hypocrisy aspect of the racism worn on the brown shirtsleeve by the left is truly a rich irony because most of the left don’t even recognize the hypocrisy and/or simply don’t care. Propagandists have a lot of “flexibility” about the way they describe reality.
    I have recognized the hypocrisy of political correctness made unwritten law even thought to be above the supreme law of the land, the constitution, in regards to the first amendment where a “forbidden word” which is a taboo utterance for a non-negro is the “N” word but is a word which all negroes have unlimited license to use freely towards each other yet simultaneously regard as an offense and provocation if originating from an “unlicensed” user. This is brainwashing and intimidation of one “class” of people by another class where each “class” has an entire deck of “race cards” to play along with one very big red button to push marked with a capital N and an exclamation point. It is a silly “mind game” and yet it is a very real game people play. There is almost something refreshing about openly racist people who make no bones about what they are as compared with “closet racists” who pretend they are not and have an identity conflict. It is amusing to me because it compares well to the situation involving women of easy virtue who make great pretense publicly of being sophisticated ladies to their “gentlemen friends” who play along and patronize them …..while others are quite comfortable to openly be the whores that they are and love their Johns with the same honest affection. Freud would have a ball analyzing that one. It is above my pay grade to understand such hypocrisy.

• partyof0 says:

There is a most disturbing threat…from…. iamtrayvon.net…”corporation?”
      At the very end of their site the last words are ““Ghandi said, “be the change, you want to see in the world.” It begins with us. A CHANGE IS COMING.””
      This is the most divisive statement (other than O’s Rose Garden statement) I have seen so far since O took office…the “change” took place 50 years ago, but it wasn’t enough. I have seen a change in myself on this case alone…and it’s not what George did, but what Trayvon and his followers are STILL doing to George.

• selfdefenseadvocate says:

Well said, waltherppk!

16. tara says:

Is Sybrina working yet? She already shafted her co-workers, I hope she isn’t milking taxpayers now.

17. RockyMtnMama says:

Look here’s a story about a child who was struck several times in the face, had his nose broken, and was knocked to the ground. After being treated and released from the hospital for a concussion, he later started having seizures and is now in a coma. Full story: http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/bullying-attack-leaves-11-old-coma-213221930–abc-news-topstories.html

Just more proof that George was entirely reasonable to fear serious injury from the beating he was receiving.

• tara says:

Ex Mayor Daley’s nephew punched a guy in Chicago, and the guy died. A single well-aimed punch can wreak havoc!

• mung says:

Only a few of them think that he wasn’t hurt enough to use self defense. The main argument is that since he got out of the truck he should have died. That is the simplified version of their logic anyway.

18. diwataman says:

A notice of deposition filed on 2/6 I see but that’s about all I can tell you, sigh.

19. brutalhonesty says:

I still say omara needs to go in court and say the evidence proves trayvon racially profiled george and took the law into his own hands and stalk hunt and confront george.

20. Rich Branson says:

What I don’t get is why doesn’t George retain a lawyer just for civil litigation and start suing more people? NBC was a good start, but man it’s such a target rich environment. ABC, HuffPost, MSNBC, YoungTurks, the joke in the hat that passes as a congresswoman? The defense team needs money, well sue these bums, they have deep pockets.

• John Galt says:

“What I don’t get is why doesn’t George retain a lawyer just for civil litigation and start suing more people?”

It’s like a big brawl. You KO the biggest opponent first and the rest fall in line.

• hooson1st says:

Our libel laws make it very difficult for a public figure to collect.

Even if you can prove in a court of law that was said was false, that is not enough.

You have to prove that it was done with malice aforethought. This is a very tough standard to overcome.

• nettles18 says:

Time isn’t on their side. They will likely prevail in these cases, but not before experts need to be hired.

• tara says:

WHEN George is acquitted, what’s preventing him from suing Crump, Julison, the Martin family, and Corey in civil court for harassment? There’s certainly enough evidence to prove that Team Skittles repeatedly lied so that they could secure a murder charge and incite hatred among the public, the latter with a conceivable impact of tainting jurors’ minds. And label it a hate crime because the perpetrators engaged in the harassment solely because of race/ethnicity.

• jello333 says:

Oh, I strongly suspect that Beasley is eying a lot more targets than just NBC. I know George and his family’s lives will never be back to normal, but at least they’ll also never have to worry about money again, once this is all over.

• jordan2222 says:

I am hoping that Beasley will help the defense with some money or George could be in trouble. O’Mara did not rule out filing for indigent status.

21. They say Trayvon Martin wanted a career in aviation and was interested in being an astronaut.

Check out this astronaut video of Hello Kitty in space, and back to earth.

22. brutalhonesty says:

On IS we were talking about trayvons crys for help…figuratively…his life choices due to the martins failure as parents…..a commet from brad and my response:

Brad Jenkins That can be the case with some kids Cindy, not denying it, but how do you know it applied to this kid? How do you know that his actions were primarily based on something he was not getting at home because that is not necessarily true with all kids who get in trouble. It simply is not. I’m not saying his parents are perfect and didn’t make mistakes, but you really know very little about this teen in order to make such a sound opinion. “screaming for help”
    17 minutes ago · Like · 3

“but you really know very little about this teen” i will say, the TMers know very little about him…all they know is what the julison pr firm chose to tell them.

we specifically know what tms home life was…..so therefor we have enough subjective material to make such analysis……the kid was kicked around like a can….and lied to his dad “like a negro in the street” to his face so much so Tracy posted all about it on his fb…….miriam and stephen said to whoop him, and to “send them to stephen to straighten him out”

the rest of us took the time to do our own research before deciding what happened….and we saw his actual fb and twitter before it was shut down……as soon as I heard tms name and FLA i checked FB and found it…..did the same with local mom killer of baby tyler, holmes, lanza…loughner….

sybrina alicia brandi and his auntie mirium……4 different “moms” in 17 years
    then on dr phil jahvaris (not a martin)_talks up how much of a father tracy was towards him…..tray was jealous

• mung says:

Tracey was never a father to Jahvaris.

• tara says:

I was just telling my husband as we looked back at Trademark’s tweets and photos that I can’t criticize him for using or talking about drugs because that’s what I did at that age. But that’s where our similarity ends. I was doing well in school, I lived in a decent house with both of my parents, we were mostly happy, and my future looked bright. I cannot imagine the burden on Trademark, broken family, father openly having an affair with Brandy, suspended from school multiple times, shuttled from home to home and school to school, failed the FCAT … he was probably depressed and felt like nothing was going to go right for him. I realize that sometimes teens have problems and they cannot be resolved by the parents alone, but it appears Tracy and Sybrina didn’t do much for Trademark. They seemed to be more concerned with their own lives. Look at Tracy, example. The convention was more important to him than his own son was. Shameful! Left to rot. Dead for 12 hours before Tracy made any reasonable attempt to find him. Tracy never even retraced the path to the 7-11, as far as I can tell. Lazy a-hole just made some phone calls. I’m an atheist, but I can tell you there are times that I wished I were a believer because I would take some comfort in knowing that Tracy and Sybrina would ultimately be held accountable. George was just a blip, an accidental encounter. Tracy and Sybrina are responsible for this mess, for leaving their son to fend for himself in a strange home in a strange city. (I’m mad now.)

23. nettles18 says:

If this was posted on the site, I didn’t see it. Here is video of the presser Mark O’Mara gave after the hearing on Tuesday. It is loaded with answers to the questions we had about Feb. 26th phone records and the ABC motion for recordings.

• rumpole2 says:

Thanks

O’Mara describing the Dee Dee interview?

“We know there was a camera there”

So does Gutman have a video of that farcical event?

• ejarra says:

I see why now according to the interview that he filed for the self-defense hearing. If he loses that he can appeal it which would move the trial date. Smart.

• diwataman says:

Excellent. Thank you. Bizarre to hear the media ask actual good questions, now if they would just dig a little deeper, bah, I ask for too much I know. Oh how I want to see that map he is talking about at the end there.

One thing that was still a bit confusing is did he get the data for the 26th or not? @3:48 he said “we have just now gotten those”, so was that part of the 12th supp Bernie handed him in court? The actual data for the 26th? If that’s so, the question still remains why they didn’t give it to him last month, “editing” perhaps?

• rumpole2 says:

I was poised to comment that he was saying he DOES have 26th phone data now… but as the interview went on.. I think not.
          Sounds like he does have ping logs.. and surly THEY can’t have the 26th missing as well? So the ping logs (finally) should make up for the GPS part of missing phone Data.

With ping logs finally referenced… the drinks are on Walterppk as we celebrate :D

• waltherppk says:

You rang ? Does anybody believe it is just a coincidence that the GPS coordinates were missing from Discovery already months late in being disclosed, for the “heart” phone or whatever phone was the “phone of Trayvon” alleged to have been used for the “you could hear the grass” conversation with DeeDee ? And yeah that was the conversation where DeeDee says Trayvon told her he bought some iced tea. Maybe it was during the missing half hour that Trayvon was abducted by three stooges, or aliens and they stole his iced tea or when Trayvon was beamed back to earth, the transporter changed the iced tea to watermelon juice. You really got to watch those three stooges or aliens cause everybody knows they can be sneaky like that, taking a perfectly fine can of iced tea and making it into watermelon juice …what a dirty trick.

• rumpole2 says:

I “rang” because I assumed you are buying the drinks to celebrate Ping Logs unmasked :D
                A beer will do (Tiger beer)… or straight Bourbon (Jack Daniels) if we are hitting the hard stuff.

• waltherppk says:

Cutty 12 thinned with Royal Crown on the rocks beats rum and coca-cola any day. Try Eagle Rare on the bourbon. Maybe some Old London cheese crackers and cashews or or Gardettas for the salty munchies. Chase it all with a Cuervo tequila sunrise, need that vitamin C :D . it’s a Mexican screwdriver ..that’ll.make any blind drunk Scotsman from Tennessee to shout Ole !

• justfactsplz says:

I’ll have a shot of that Jack Daniels, please.

• rumpole2 says:

Where do we go from here?

• diwataman says:

“bouncing off different cell phone towers in that area during the relevant time”

Ugh, that’s just too vague.

• nettles18 says:

I set up early to hear the hearing on Tuesday and before it started the mike was on. BDLR handed Mr. O’Mara the 12th supplemental and told him all the California stuff was in there. Then BDLR said “I don’t want to bother you when you are reading, we’ll talk later”.

When Mr. O’Mara did the presser it’s unclear how much time he had to review what was handed to him at the start of court. He did reference once during the hearing saying, I don’t even know what’s in here, I just got it. Perhaps at the beginning he is referring to just getting more discovery about the trip to California the phone took and at the end of the interview, he still is unclear of what all he has b/c he hasn’t been afforded the time to review what it says and have an expert look at it.

I too was surprised by the reporters questions. I’d thought they went to sleep on this case but they do appear to be following along, just not reporting YET.

• nettles18 says:

I wonder if what Mr. O’Mara was reading was Mr. Blackwell’s just produced affidavit!

It’s stunning the information the State and its surrogates withhold until the very last minute and then tell the judge, what are they complaining about, they got it now!

• diwataman says:

Even Shakespeare couldn’t write such a tragedy. The state might as well just bring a noose to court next time, the judge won’t mind.

• rumpole2 says:

The theme that struck me when forced to evaluate Shakespearean tragedies at school was that a GOOD person suffered as a result of some “minor” happening that spiralled out of control. That would apply to George if he is not acquitted. A tragedy ends tragically… no last minute reprieve… so lets hope we can do better than the Bard and have a HAPPY ending here.

• HughStone says:

It’s almost like the reporters follow some website or something.

• diwataman says:

I like how in the middle of court O’Mara threw the paper on the desk and said “that aint got nothin’ to do with California, WTF!”, well, something like that anyway.

He don’t need no expert to look at coordinates of towers, Rumpole already marked them for us so just give us the coodrs and corresponding times and we’ll be done with this in no time, lol.

• recoverydotgod says:

“This isn’t from California” was my favorite part as well… besides West not letting Mr. Blackwell get away with the argument of Attorney Crump “in this case, he’s essentially the private attorney general” by not letting the judge get out of her decision to allow Attorney Crump to be deposed and letting Mr. Blackwell have the last word.

• recoverydotgod says:

If Crump “in this case, he’s essentially the private attorney general” wouldn’t that make Matt Gutman in this case, essentially the court recorder….so bring on the videotape if there is one! Witness 8 wasn’t in the room, so her identity would not be revealed.

• John Galt says:

I haven’t seen the “private attorney general” cases that Blackwell mentioned, but MOM / West might consider running with that theory to tie Crump in closely with BDLR and Corey.

• rumpole2 says:

If we had some data I could ask some old friends from the ANT case to cast an eye over it.

• hooson1st says:

reporter’s questions –

The Crump/Julison narrative was very effective in shaping the early reporting on this case. Narratives in these situations have a momentum of their own. Confronting them head on at the beginning, once they have taken root, is usually of minimal effect, because you get steamrolled by the narrative.

As time progresses the narrative loses strength as it becomes “old news”. The 24 hour news cycle, and in particular, the voracious appetite of the cable networks for new developments and angles on “hot stories” provides the opportunity for contra-narrative facts to leach into the narrative.

The primary opportunity for this are the press briefings after a hearing. MOM has made good use of this.

In order to counter the false narrative (Crump/Julison), MOM has to take a longer view than any particular presser. Most of the press is mentally invested in the original narrative, but they are alert to pick up on facts and evidence that could change the trajectory of the story line.

Enough facts have now come to the surface, i.e., to the attention of the press, (primarily through the prosecution’s non-disclosure efforts) that raise serious questions in the minds of these reporters as to the chances of the original narrative succeeding in court.

The reporters cover a lot of trials and spend a lot of time in the courtroom. They are used games played during discovery, and they are used to judges making abrupt decisions. That stuff is old hat to them. No big deal.

However, facts that raise serious questions about the legitimacy basis of a prosecution do catch their attention, and is doing so here.

• howie says:

They are just lawyers doing their thing. BDLR to me seems to be getting depressed with his role. Just what it looked like in the last hearing. He usually prosecutes criminals. Real Kine. But don’t bet the ranch on that. I almost thought he was gonna face palm when the Crump Champ busted in. I doubt they normally have to do this stuff..Now just think…He gotta know. I don’t know his background but this has got to stink. If I was a SA I would not be happy with this. Most of them like to get the crooks. Time will tell.

• sundance says:

Thanks for posting that presser Nettles.

Yes, I agree…. the reporters seem to know what is up with the contradictions, they also appear to have identified the W8 issues. Yet, none of them are brave enough to bring it into the sunlight….

• boricuafudd says:

If I may disagree with you a little bit, you say “…… as if they are waiting to see who will go first….and test the water of political correctness within their liberal ranks. Typical non-principled progs.”

IMO, it is their displaced principles that prohibit a lot of them of seeing or speaking the truth. It is contradictory to how they feel, and their beliefs.

• arkansasmimi says:

After the hearing, with the camera still rolling and mic on, BDLR walks over and MOM was putting his stuff together and BDLR asks West something like Where do you want to do this and West says where ever you want. Wonder if that has anything to do what you were talking about before the hearing. Seems possible. Thanks again for the video, I figured there was a press conf, just didnt know when/where.

• justfactsplz says:

Looks like a duck too me.

• John Galt says:

“Bizarre to hear the media ask actual good questions”

Indeed, who are these reporters and where have they been hiding?

• eastern2western says:

diwataman is the man because o’mara got the 3 stooges idea from watch his analysis. who had ever though three idiots coming in after trayvon were connect to the case. Judging from the tape, it is very obvious that the clerk sold some thing illegal to the three kds which is the reason why he forgotten about trayvon. I personally worked at small drug stores before and I always remember characters who acted strange and looked strange. If a 6’3” black coming through the store with his pants lower than his under wear, I would definitely remember him.

• eastern2western says:

Ha, Ha, crump lying on the affidavit by not mentioning anything about the camera. Once defense proves there was camera, crump then must need to answer the abc video and his fantasy. crump is so dead at this point and he is probably packing for cuba. One way ticket to cuba please.

• eastern2western says:

personally, I think abc has to have some very detail information on the girl who was interview by gutman. In normal practice, media companies require to have some kind of contract with their guests before they can broadcast their image for the public. I understand that dd’s image was never shown, but her voice was shown and she is a pivotal witness in a murder case. If abc plaid its cards right, it probably has some kind of liability contract with the king before gutman putted her voice on his show.

• hooson1st says:

tks for posting that

24. boricuafudd says:

If you listen at the end of the interview, MOM mentions that when went to the FDLE on Jan 9th, they found a document with the ping logs for TM’s phone from March, but the document he received 2 wks ago from Cellebrite, all the GPS info was missing for Feb 26th. He ends with

“Hopefully that is just a coincidence”

That is pretty close to flat out accusing the prosecution of tampering, without crossing the line.

25. nettles18 says:
    • diwataman says:

What the heck does that mean? What a teaser. Wasn’t this the guy with the Trayvon photo tweet last time? And all it was was that one from his myspace? lame. I hope this is better.

• justfactsplz says:

He is supposed to have some gun expert shoot wholes in shirts. I had hope this would be in George’s favor but I see from the tweet it is not going to be.

• diwataman says:

Ugh. I was hoping for something new, oh well.

• maggiemoowho says:

Well, I can’t imagine those results being anything, but accurate. The expert would have to have someone TM size and weight sitting on him, tossing punches and also willing to be shot.

• I think the guys from the television show Myth Busters could conduct a reenactment as well as the so called forensic expert. Especially if the gunshot forensic expert is anywhere as biased as the audio forensic experts that the Orlando Sentinel had hired to analyse the voice calling for help on the 911 call.
            Without video footage there are too many unknown variables to allow for an accurate recreation for analysis.
            The position of Trayvon’s torso prior to the gunshot is unknown. Trayvon had personal items in the pocket of his hoodie, including an unopened 23oz can of juice. Can it be determined whether the hoodie had ridden up Trayvon’s back, causing the pocket to sag upon George’s torso? The (unknown) degree that Trayvon’s arms were outstretched would cause the hoodie pocket to move forward accordingly. Both of Trayvon’s sweatshirts (M.E.-12 & M.E.-8) exhibit characteristics of having a contact range gunshot (pg 204-214 of 284 pg PDF). How can the vertical & horizontal position differences & the space between the sweatshirts (due to sagging hoodie) be determined with certainty? I highly doubt that George was laying still underneath Trayvon. George squirming & struggling to draw his weapon would’ve caused Trayvon to brace himself to prevent losing control over George.
            Without video evidence, an attempt to determine the angle the gunshot was fired from would be a guesstimate at best.

• tara says:

So we know where this is going, the “expert” is going to “prove”, without having any access to the evidence, that the range was farther than an inch or two, because the goal here is to prove that (cue Frederica Wilson’s screechy voice) Trademark was gunned down like a rabid dog! Despite the non-existence of an exit wound, I’m sure the “expert” will also “prove” that Travyon was shot in the back. :)

• eastern2western says:

these types of experts always come with alternative motives. This guy is an author of the book about the killing of trayvon who is probably trying to sell his books, but the trayvonites are going to hanging on to his opinions like a bible.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you. Sorry it took so long to reply but it took me a long time to read all of it. I caught a few things I missed the other times.

• maggiemoowho says:

Would he have been able to see the info BDLR gave MOM before MOM posts it on his site.

• tara says:

“The 6 o’clock piece casts doubt on Zimmerman’s account, but the 11 o’clock supports Zimmerman’s account of the crucial moment when he fired the shot,” Pipitone said.

• hooson1st says:

- Tony Pipitone –

So later today we will see what this report consists of.

If it shows that Pipitone et al, on their own (i.e., pro-actively), engaged the services of a forensic evidence specialist for this broadcast segment, then they can be challenged, in a non-confrontational manner, to take up, proactively, one or more elements from the GZ defense, such as 16 year old DeeDee, or the missing pings from Feb 26, etc.

• hooson1st says:

If you can get some of the local media to do the digging on the story from the standpoint of the evidence in GZ’s favor, then you move the discussion and the narrative onto a more equitable path. The major media will take their cues from the local media.

• howie says:

The media does not count. This is State v. Zimmerman. The State Attorney has been wanting to sue Harvard Law School. I sense BDLR the Assistant State Attorney is ready to blow his mind about what he is doing. But he has to. I can’t imagine he wants to get a bad verdict. Same with John Guy. I can’t imagine what they are thinking. All they are is just lawyers. I have been thinking. They may not like this. It is getting over the edge. SA’s don’t really want to convict innocent people. I hope. I really do not think they do. Except maybe Corey might not care. But these guy’s just work there…at least I think. It would be awful. If you went to work to get the crooks and ended up doing this. I am wondering about all this. Ahhh. Dunno. It is pretty upsetting.

• tara says:

BDLR seems to be on board with the persecution of George. It doesn’t appear to me that he’s doing it merely to keep his job, to placate Corey. And just like we knew this was a ruse back in late March, BDLR should have known. What would be his options? Could he say ‘no’ to Corey?

• howie says:

That is what I am wondering. I do not know. Most lawyers go to work at the SA to do a job and prosecute crooks. And stay true to the law and use it to advantage in an oppositional way. But I do not know if they would pursue if they know they are so wrong. I am studying law. This is confusing. Now Corey is a diff case. But BDLR? And GUY? It is kinda disheartning. That is all. Lot’s of SA’s go and be defense lawyers after working at SA and vice versa. But now this thing is over the edge. He has got to be stunned. Ahhh. Dunno. My bet would be he wish he could go on a long cruise to nowhere. Think…You try and nail all the crooks and scum and then this out of nowhere. He is not gonna be a hero to anyone but the crooks.

• tara says:

Maybe I’m being unfair. I guess it was back in March, BDD (before DeeDee), that I started to come here seeking answers to my questions, and in a very very short matter of time (1 minute) I had completely changed my mind about the case. I’m almost embarrassed to say now that I initially believed the fairy tale, but at least it didn’t take much to set me straight. However, I had to pursue the truth, it didn’t just come to me. I’m a busy person, I work full time, but I have enough flexibility to allow me to do research when I feel so compelled. Maybe BDLR is too busy. Maybe he believed the fairy tale too and didn’t have time to do any research, and he didn’t know something was grossly wrong until he read Corey’s affidavit, but by then it was too late to back out. Apparently he has a greater tolerance for crap than I do, because I can tell you I would have walked away from that case regardless of what it might do to my career. He must have his eye on something which requires him to suck it up and move on. Corey can’t be too influential. He’s got his eye on something that requires the support of blacks. Political office.

• jordan2222 says:

I was wondering (dreaming, actually) what BLDR’s reaction would be if he spent an hour or so here at the Tree House. Has anyone thought about that and how he could be enticed to do it?

Anyone who spends any time here with an open mind here could only arrive at one logical conclusion unless all of us are wacko.

• jordan2222 says:

Christopher Dorner details LE corruption in his manifesto.. even talks about how cops realize a person is innocent after making an arrest and not doing anything about it.

• tara says:

I think I wrote about this elsewhere … in Lake County IL (above Chicago’s Cook County) there was a rape/murder of a young girl, 11 years old maybe? She had sperm inside of her. The guy they charged and convicted was a DNA mismatch. The prosecutor explained that the girl had picked up the sperm (inside of her, no less) by playing in a park where people had sex. Not kidding. And the jury apparently believed it. Fortunately the DNA match was later identified and the innocent guy was set free. How could a prosecutor make up such an absurd story and convict a person he must have known was not the rapist/murderer???? You would have to be an extremely selfish person to do such a thing.

• jordan2222 says:

I believe that a lot of innocent people are behind bars and the people who prosecuted them know they are innocent.

• wrongonred says:

I did not know this Dorner nutcase is a Trayvonite, in addition to being anti-NRA, and Pro-Obama….

#238 “If you continuously followed me while I was walking at dusk/night I would confront you as well. Too bad Trayvon didn’t smash your skull completely open, Zim. While Trayvon’s body erodes to bones 6 feet under, Zimmerman has put on no less than 40 pounds while out on bail. Zimmerman was arrested for battery on a Peace officer and avoided jail/prison because he completed a diversion program. Thats a history of being an asshole. Zimmerman couldn’t get hired by a LE agency because of poor credit/and a history of violence/restraining orders with women. So what does he do? Designate himself, neighborhood watch captain and make complaints to his city council about the horrible work ethic and laziness of the officers patrolling his neighborhood. Good one Zim. How classy that your father attempts to use his veterans status “disabled veteran” during your bail hearing but doesn’t state what his disability percentage is. Prior service personnel know it can be 5% disability to 100%. You and your attorneys always avoid mentioning your fathers occupation as a magistrate/judge because I’m sure he’s utilized his position to get you out of way more jams then the public has discovered and that your family is not indigent. Oh, tell your wife to stop perjuring herself in court.”

• jordan2222 says:

Be aware that there may be multiple different versions of the manifesto. We have a thread here at the TH.

• diwataman says:

“A two-part report by WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone airing Friday will introduce a forensic consultant who will be a regular during the CBS affiliate’s coverage of the George Zimmerman trial.

Michael Knox has written “Intermediate Range: The Forensic Evidence in the Killing of Trayvon Martin,” a self-published book. Pipitone’s reports, at 6 and 11 p.m., lean heavily on Knox’s work.”

I know someone here bought that book. Knox screwed up a bit on the timeline from what I remember and I don’t think he did any actual independent investigation of any sort, just looked at the evidence and news.

• howie says:

He is a media Moron. Get the jury. This is worse than Roy Bean.

• John Galt says:

Yes, get the jury. Watch BDLR put on his case starting at 1:28:00 at the April 20 bond hearing.

• howie says:

Gailbreth knows. BDLR knows. This is disheartning. I want to see how far he is willing to compromise himself. Now I have really been wondering. The Assistant SA has a job but I think he knows. He does not seem excited about this case now. I would hate to be him. Gailbreth is like OH NO! Now i might be wrong but I do not think he likes it. Just look at John Guy. That poor kid got stuck in this too.

• maggiemoowho says:

I just searched a little on this topic and I noticed that the Leatheryman wrote a story(fairytale) about the bullet hole and gave his opinion that GZ was preventing TM from getting away because the bullet hole in TMs 2 sweatshirts line up(not sure why they think that is impotant) So he claims GZ held onto the 2 shirts and wouldn’t let TM get away. SMH!
      The Pin that TM had on that night would could have been pinned through both shirts and would have held them together. We still have not seen photos of that pin. It should be part of the evidence.

• tara says:

Also, the gun could have been pressed up against the outer shirt, thus holding the two shirts together at that point.

• howie says:

The last hope for reality is a jury. That is it. The system is broke.

• John Galt says:

Holes in hoodie, shirt and Trayvon don’t line up. I guess they need to find the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

• diwataman says:

What did Michael Knox say in his book about that John Galt?

I don’t even know if they’re going to talk about the actual shirts anyway, at least I couldn’t tell that from the article.

• John Galt says:

Autopsy report shows shot fired from intermediate range and crime lab examination shows muzzle was contacting hoodie. Discrepancy means muzzle was touching sweatshirt but the sweatshirt wasn’t touching the skin. There were several inches of space between, likely caused by loose fit and Martin leaning over Zimmerman.

• howie says:

If I was BDLR I would bail out. . I has to be a hard call. I was thinking about this. i doubt he had a stake isn this case. Just got it thrown in his lap. What a dilemma. Having to get thrown in to this kettle of fish with no way out. Now this is just my random thinking. What a mess. Now if you were him and you knew what he knows. And if you were him what would ya do? I doubt he knew anything about it til he got a phone call.

• tara says:

I’m thinking he has hopes for high office, like Florida AG, and he thought this case would be relatively easy. No offense to George’s original attorneys, but maybe BDLR had some prior experience with them and felt they wouldn’t cause him any problems. But then O’Mara and West came on board and they aren’t going to let anything slide. Also, the amazing people here on the ‘net have done some really astounding investigative work, something BDLR probably wasn’t prepared for. Add to the mix the uncontrollable Chump who regularly shoots himself in the foot. I can’t imagine that BDLR actually thinks George is guilty. It must be for political gain. He needs the black votes.

• howie says:

I am glad to see a thought about it. Before this he was just an Assistant State Atty. in Jacksonville prosecuting crooks. I think. Now his job is to get George for the max once charged. But how could he think this? It has got to be getting to him. Unless he is just bad to the bone. And I doubt it.

• tara says:

I would have doubted it too … but then I learned about some egregious wrongful convictions here in Illinois. So many, I would have thought it impossible. Horrible juries too, convicting people without any tangible evidence. I guess once these people get a taste of power and political fame, nothing will stop them.

• jello333 says:

Yeah Howie, as Tara suggested, there are some REALLY bad people working as prosecutors in this country. REALLY bad. I don’t know if Bernie is one, although of course in this particular case he’s willingly going along with the railroading (so far, at least). And I’m not just talking about when prosecutors frame an innocent person… which, by the way, happens WAY more often than we’d like to admit. I’m also talking about them “throwing the book” at people who don’t deserve it. This is especially horrible in non-violent drug offenses. I have a friend who is a defense lawyer, and a few years ago I helped him with a case of a guy on trial for meth possession. Not sale, just possession. It was his first major offense of any kind, and my friend/his lawyer tried to work out something with the prosecutor to reduce the charges, in which case the guy would then plead guilty, and get maybe a year or two in jail. But the prosecutor refused, and took it to trial, knowing full-well the guy would be found guilty. I forget now exactly what the sentencing range was, but something like 5 years up to 15 years. My friend thought, well at least surely the prosecutor would agree with him that this guy deserved the minimum possible. But NO! After the guilty verdict, this slimy prosecutor, this slimy excuse for a human being, stood up and “demanded” that the guy be given the max. And yes… the judge agreed.

I could give you about 20 other examples that I, personally, have been involved with, let alone the many, many, MANY that go on in this country every day… but I think you get the idea.

• myopiafree says:

Hi Howie – Bernie KNOWS what is “going on”. He knows the ‘Game”. How do you know? Because when he asked DeeDee some quesitons – he refused to ask the OBVIOUS QUESTIONS. If he were HONEST, he would have asked DeeDee WHAT SHE DID AFTER THE PHONE WENT DEAD. Did you 1) Call back in 10 minutes? 2) Did you leave a message, for TM to call you back – and that you were CONCERNED about him? 3) Or did you figure he was dead – and there was no need to call or do any further checking. Bernie KNEW if he asked DeeDee those questions, all DeeDee would have done was to stammer, and as, “You want that TOO”? Bernie is a dishonest jerk and part of the “fraud game” he is playing – and everyone knows it. He just want to “collect his pay” – and that is it.

26. yankeeintx says:

On the GZ legal defense fund site, there is an address for people wanting to send checks. Does anyone know if it is okay to send cash?

27. jordan2222 says:

Wasn’t there some things that were due today?

28. jordan2222 says:

DMan: What do you mean?

29. tara says:

After posting a comment about the gun being pressed up against Trademark’s shirt and remembering George’s reenactment video plus the 911 call where you can hear him yelling repeatedly for help for what seems like an eternity … I cannot imagine how hard it was for him to decide to pull out his gun and fire. It makes me think about the people in the WTC towers on Sep 11 who decided to jump. Would I be able to do either of these things??? I feel very fortunate that I’ve never been forced to make such a painful or traumatic decision based on the recognition that I’m going to die if I don’t do something drastic.

• howie says:

Are they really going to go this far. It is clear what happened. Zimmerman saw the Trayvon looking suspicious an called the cops. Then the cops said keep an eye on him. He tried but lost him while waking around. Then Trayvon came back and started pounding him and tried to get his gun so he shot him. That is pretty simple. That is all. If someone is pounding you and tries to get your gun. Shoot them.

• John Galt says:

You’re forgetting: W2 saw a shadow and W8 heard grass.

• howie says:

The grass. This and that. Jeez. All the state should do is figger out if they can prove this homicide is excusable or not.. All this political contortions is crazy.

• jordan2222 says:

Your comments are so simple and honest, howie, that they are funny. Logic and common sense are off limits in this case.

• howie says:

Well I can’t help it. It is important. The State Attorney should not be doing this this way. And I bet they know it. It is one thing to go for a PB with a crim with a rap sheet as long as your arm, but this? I knew it was fishy when Corey wants to sue Harvard Law School. That is sic.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

I love it. I dropped a bomb on the HP thread about this case. I told them that George might not testify at his immunity hearing, and now they are all in a twitter about it!

30. kadar2012 says:

I was reading a few old posts on a gun forum and came across this gem:

When courts punish you for lawful behavior, we no longer have law, we have warlords.
    – Gunlawyer001

31. brutalhonesty says:

just before 1:30 dr drew tells her “you can call it murder” but he conceeds to her saying “we dont know yet”……and notice all the “underlying issues” that we “need to have a conversation” about:

• brutalhonesty says:

3:30……black dude talks about racism…….envokes kings name….in response to claims that the black reverends are race baiting……and he claims gz “should have clearly been arrested” and accuses spd of “not investigation properly”……and the blames “the system”

32. brutalhonesty says:

mar 2012 nancy grace has accurate pictures of tm……

• brutalhonesty says:

except at 1:22 the magically use the hollister pic and gz mugshot to claim gz huge and therefor tm cant have hurt him even if he did punch

• tara says:

Why do they use any Trademark little kid pics? If I’m murdered, will they use pictures of me at 5 years old? 20?

33. brutalhonesty says:

armed neo-nazis that never existed could cause riots but the black panthers cant……

at least they admit “based on the narrative we have right now tm was walked all over”

34. rumpole2 says:

For George – Please release me

35. brutalhonesty says:

add one to the lawsuit:

Rick Benjamin calls George Zimmerman a “cold blooded killer”.

36. brutalhonesty says:

this guy is dead on, except calling trayvon “thomas”

37. brutalhonesty says:

too funny pro gz clip

38. brutalhonesty says:

animation proves dd smoking gun doesnt match the physical evidence./….just watch :)

• jordan2222 says:

I don’t know if the state will create a similar reenactment, but I sure as hell hope the defense has enough money to do their version of what happened. What would that cost?

39. brutalhonesty says:

darlene jones spent 30 minutes on camera(of a total hour) with cutcher…..we want the whole tape.

wftv legal analyst says gz loses syg if he violated pd orders

• eastern2western says:

dersherwitz also said zimmerman is also entitled to use traditional self defense even if he started the fight.

• John Galt says:

Yes. No duty to retreat where retreat impossible.

• nettles18 says:

PokerfaceTodd demonstrates that point in this clip using an interview Chris Serino had with GZ. He tries to get George to admit he confronted Trayvon and that even if he did, it would still be justified because he told Trayvon to stop and Trayvon wouldn’t.

Serino explains it would still be a justified shooting under that circumstance. George would not change his story. He denied confronting Trayvon.

40. brutalhonesty says:

Howard University Trayvon Martin “Am I Suspicious?” Campaign Video

opens with: obama logo on a hoody.
    video indites “america” for georges finding tm suspect.

the video bares a strong resemblence to the holloween hoody thing they tried to do

41. brutalhonesty says:

idiot talks bad about uhrig
    lmfao “saying hes 6ft 3 is coded language” wow

42. tara says:

I’m looking at an old Matt Gutman report dated Mar 28. http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-case-exclusive-surveillance-video-george-zimmerman/story?id=16022897 In it he says:

The 16-year-old girl, who is only being identified as DeeDee, recounted the final moments of her conversation with Martin before the line went dead. “When he saw the man behind him again he said this man is going to do something to him. And then he said this man is still behind him and I said run,” she said.

Does anyone recall DD1 saying anything like this in any of the Crump recording segments? That Trademark told her GZ was going to do something to him? I know DD2 didn’t say anything of the sort even though BDLR was making his best effort to prompt her:

BDLR: Did Trayvon ever say, ‘The guy’s coming at me…he’s going to hit me?”
    DD2: …yeah…you could say that.
    BDLR: Now I don’t want you to guess. Did he ever say that?
    DD2: How he said it? He did say… [sounds confused as though seeking guidance]…
    BDLR: No, I want…do you understand? Did he say that or not? If he didn’t say it, that’s alright
    DD2: He got…the man got…
    BDLR: Do you understand, I’m not trying to get you to say anything…
    DD2: He got problems…like he crazy.
    BDLR: Trayvon told you that…
    DD2: Yeah, the man looking crazy.
    BDLR: OK.

(Thank you again Mike McDaniel for the awesome transcription which ALWAYS makes me laugh! http://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/the-trayvon-martin-case-update-11-the-dee-dee-interview-kaboom/)

• howie says:

How long will BDLR put up with this? Is he willing to keep it up?

• myopiafree says:

Given the rather obvious Bernie coaching and “leading” – is it hard to see that this was and honest deposition. But far worse it the fact that her “dear boy friend” seems to be in “danger” and the phone GOES DEAD. Here next action – hang up and never called back. This is a simple lie. THAT is the question Bernie should have asked her – but he knew the answer.

• John Galt says:

I hoping that the DD discrepancies comes out in the ABC and Crump discovery battles.

• tara says:

I have listened to all of the segments of Crump’s DeeDee interview and I did not hear DeeDee say the statement that Matt Gutman quoted above. It seems as though the statement would fit best between Part 2 and Part 3. Part 3 begins with DeeDee already talking about her call with Trademark and is already describing the moments just before Trademark confronted George. I’ll bet ABC’s recording includes more of the interview than Crump’s recording, including the statement Gutman quoted. No wonder O’Mara and West want to get their hands on it, and no wonder ABC doesn’t want to give it up.

43. brutalhonesty says:

4-12 crump on piers

44. jello333 says:

Awe c’mon you guys. I know I’m late getting started on today’s post, which isn’t that out of the ordinary for me. But almost 400 comments?! How am I ever supposed to catch up?

45. brutalhonesty says:

need to wait for details and video, but no doubt its obamas relatives given what I know of the school:
    ST. CHARLES, MO. (KTVI) – St. Charles police arrested 6 people after a brawl occurs at St Charles West High School Friday afternoon just after the school let out for the day. Two school employees were hurt, while trying to break up the fight.
    Police say a group of people not associated with the school went in during dismissal at around 2:30 pm.
    Four adults, 2 juveniles were taken into custody, pending further investigation. One juvenile was transported to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.

46. ottawa925 says:
    • mung says:

The ability to hear grass? The ability to be both 16 and 18 at the same time? The ability to fish for what BDLR wanted her to say?

• eastern2western says:

wow, this is such awsome article. after reading this article, corey should hire the author, new black panthers and trent sawyer as the new dream team. With those people, who needs a real lawyer.

• justfactsplz says:

Speaking of Nat, our lil redhead now gets messages to me by replying to old posts of mine. Tonight right after the Ch. six Pipitone special, she told me George was going down in flames. Her rhetoric is becoming more hateful.

• eastern2western says:

if dd turned out to be white, then author will say black or white, it does not matter because zimmerman got out of his car.

• maggiemoowho says:

Now that is a funny article. Wonder if the Affirmative Action Students of America got together and wrote that little piece of amusement. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• jordan2222 says:

I think most of you know I avoid reading what the other side says. Rumpole lets me/us know each day that it is a waste of time and that they are nuts so I admit this is the first time I have ever read such an article.

All I can say is that I am amazed at their total lack of facts and logic. The comments are alarming.

I noticed that he calls us criminals. LOL

• maggiemoowho says:

Did you know that there is an actual Crump Manure Spreader sold on the market. This must be a manual for the equipment. No joke, although not suprising with the amount of BS we hear and read coming from the Scheme Team.
          Google books:
          Crump Liquid Manure Spreader: 360 Gallon & 600 Gallon Tanks
          Publisher L.V. Crump Industries, 198?
          Subjects Fertilizer equipment

• ytz4mee says:

Okay, so in spite of myself, I clicked on the link.

Do those idiots over there not realize that what they posted about internet libel applies to them? The complete falsehoods they spread far and wide as part of the Julison narrative to embed their version of “events” into the public mind won’t be forgotten.

• thehoff71 says:

Remember, this is the same site that threatened V Pates Children’s Organization and implied that admins on this very site were involved in suspicious deaths. Every time they say “doxing” and accuse treepers of criminality I laugh heartily. These people are scum.

• ytz4mee says:

Trust me, you have *no idea* just how nasty, threatening, and surreal they were in the beginning when they thought they were still in line for a nice juicy easy money fat check from the insurance companies, until that shakedown was exposed.

This case is not about *George* per se, it’s a number of issues. Money and shakedowns is one component of that. The entitlement to threaten/intimidate anyone who doesn’t agree with the BGI agenda is another. As time goes on, they will become more desperate, not less.

• HughStone says:

Ability not to speak an understandable word during an interview.

• hooson1st says:

The author puts Rene Stutzman in the pro-GZ camp.

47. ottawa925 says:

I think my major point in posting the above is because NatJackson posted it. She is supposed to be a professional. She is supposed to be an attorney. She has been involved in the case. Is she saying she agrees with what the article says? She must … she posted it giving indication she agrees with it. Why would you post something if you didn’t believe the contents to be valid. These sites continue to threaten the treehouse and posters. We must be close.

• rumpole2 says:

Yes. That is a point I have made. Bigboils and the dog pack with made up names hide behind those aliases to spew hate. They are not held to account for inaccuracies and lies they post… so why would a professional person associate her REAL name and reputation by associating with them? One can only assume that she does not have a particularly “good name” or professional reputation worth protecting?

• ytz4mee says:

Ahh… yes, I forgot you are rather late to the entire Scheme Team saga and their interesting history, shall we say.

NatJack is such a stellar example of a lawyer that she lawyered her first firm all the way into bankruptcy. However, a plane literally fell out of the sky, killing a relative (? spouse, I forget) of one of her former employees, who hired her to “negotiate” the settlement with the airline involved. Not exactly brain taxing legal maneuvering. For all I know, she may be busy lawyering herself back into bankruptcy a second time – whose to say? Certainly all the frantic push for settlements before the criminal case has even been decided yet speaks to a side that is in extremis and desperate for cash.

Which is why their anger at the fund raising GZ was able to accomplish, and their morbid fascination with how he spends his funds, tells you everything you need to know about them and, ahem, “cash flow problems”.

You can google Nat Jack’s “history”. She’s quite the piece of work.

• justfactsplz says:

Yes she is. She is the one who got the FBI involved in this case. She was also in the navy. She got a teenage boy out of kidnapping charges and he was later a repeat offender.

• ytz4mee says:

She was Navy Intel. Just like Dorner.
            Hmmmm.

• justfactsplz says:

I thought she was but wasn’t sure and did not want to post that until I checked. She is a work of art for sure, the graffiti kind.

• brutalhonesty says:

and contrary to what you believe, idiots can become intel….I scored an 82 composite score on the asvab and would have been 14-E if I made it past medical…(patriot missile specialist) while my friend scored a 64 and was Intel.

• brutalhonesty says:

nah she covered her butt there.
      Natalie Jackson
      @NatJackEsq
      Attorney / Entrepreneur / Optimist: Re-tweets may be endorsements or disparagements. #Change4Trayvon #TrayvonMartin #Justice4Trayvon #Trayvon
      Orlando, Florida · http://www.WTGfirm.com

• brutalhonesty says:

cant fix stupid ” If the young lady is a minor, or 18, she is still afforded the same protections and privacy to her like every other witness on the State’s list.”
        uh clearly minors have protections and privacies that adults do not…hence the hidden identity

• brutalhonesty says:

more stupid “The choice to keep her so well protected is a choice that her parents made (and I might add an excellent well thought out decision to keep her protected was indeed the right choice). That is their job”
          UH NOT IF SHE IS AN 18 YEAR OLD ADULT

• brutalhonesty says:

EVEN MORE STUPID “O’Mara thinks the State of Florida vs. George Zimmerman, rest solely on the shoulders of Dee Dee. He is DEAD WRONG. ”

1 DD IS THE SOURCE OF THE PCA
            2 NO ARREST BEFORE DD
            3 CRUMP CLAIMS SHE “BLOWS HIS SELF DEF CLAIM OUT OF THE WATER”
            4 THE STATE SEEMS TO BE TRYING SO HARD TO HIDE HER BECAUSE SHE DOESNT MATTER??????????????????????????????
            5 WITHOUT HER WHAT EVIDENCE DO THEY HAVE TO EVEN SUGGEST GZ DID ANYTHING WRONG?

• tara says:

Team Skittles is very obviously desperate now. They’re fairy tale has been torn apart. Star witness actually helps the defense (when you can understand her, that is). All evidence supports George’s acount of the incident. Lead prosecutor is a whiney baby who will not endear jurors. Crash and burn imminent.

• ytz4mee says:

Umm… have you not made the connection yet that the site that isn’t worth mentioning ALWAYS parrots the Nat Jack talking points of the day? Follow the bread crumb trail.

48. eastern2western says:

how could any one had mistaken this phone as a flip phone? There is no clam shell, no dials and no flipping mechanism.

• eastern2western says:

interesting way to be objective, but this guy just does not want to form an opinion because he still wants to sell his book.

• brutalhonesty says:

annoying…… their time/distance claims….trayvons time and distances are the ones that have issues, not georges.

based on the times and distances dd said tm covered, tm would have been long gone when crump claims tm was attacked by gz;

If dd’s retelling of the event were accurate, the confrontation she says tm described with gz would have occurred much later than it actually did;

• eastern2western says:

I guess this guy never saw the bloody photos, medical reports and emt reports that proved zimmerman was attacked. However, one thing he does show is that trayvon had a plenty of time to get back to brandy’s house. It is very likely that the trayvonites will spin this article into some thing positive for them. just like the marty cutcher stories.

49. eastern2western says:

this is the only flip phone that is carried by t-mobile, but it does not have gps. If this is the phone that were turned into california for examination, then what the heck are all of the gps coordinates coming from?

50. stevie g says:

Again, all MOM has to do is get George into the recording studio to make the same screams heard on the 911 tape. Any audio expert will be able to match them, if they are a match. MOM should not rely on the voice exemplars made by the state.