Saturday Open Thread – November 17th

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to Saturday Open Thread – November 17th

1. Mikado Cat says:

Technical question, 10,000 manpads were apparently looted during the fall of Kadafi. Stories I have read say they were older devices and may not be operational due to the charging batteries 10 to 20 year life. Seems to me a charging battery is going to be fairly low tech and possible to replace maybe even in the field.

These are worth a fortune, and it doesn’t seem like we have seen hard evidence of any of them surfacing. The rebels in Syria for example were recently excited to have a couple old Russian made manpads, so it doesn’t seem like they are flowing to Syria.

Maybe instead of pounding on truth about Benghazi which it seems is getting totally ignored, start asking where are the manpads? (except call them something better).

2. stellap says:

Whitehouse.gov “Twinkie” petition:

twinkiepetition2

• texan59 says:

I think the Consultant Class babbles on and on and on in an effort to keep themselves in a job. It could just be me, cuz I ain’t too smart like they are. Happy Saturday all. :D

• LandauMurphyFan says:

Says Steyn: “I see the recent Republican proposals for some form of amnesty contain all sorts of supposed safeguards against gaming the system, including a $525 application fee for each stage of the legalization process. On my own recent visit to a U.S. Immigration office, I was interested to be told that, as a matter of policy, the Obama administration is now rubberstamping all “fee waiver” requests for “exceptional hardship” filed by members of approved identity groups.”

The racism just never ends, does it?

• texan59 says:

“Texas has the largest proportion of citizens in the nation without health care at about 25 percent, or 6.2 million people.”

Most of whom don’t work, pay taxes or speak english. In no particular order. We’re already on track to use 1/3 of our budget for state “entitlements” within the next few years. Barry’s grand plan would have that up over 50%. Go Ricky, go Ricky! We’s ready. :evil:

Photobucket

• Not to worry. ObamaCare will solve that problem in a jiffy. :evil:

• stellap says:

Whenever I see something like this, I think, “why must I know the sexual orientation of someone’s grandpa?”

Correction: someone’s uncle, since gays don’t have children (unless they are adopted).

• texan59 says:

Pat, you would be surprised how many are grandparents. I know of at least three or four who led a normal heterosexual life for many years, and then all of a sudden are gay. My neighbor back in IN was married for over 30 years, some family crises came about and now for the last 15 years she has “been” a lesbian. Another college friend was married for several years and now he too is gay. I couldn’t care less, but I fail to see where this is a crisis. I’m sure we’ll be seeing barry & Co. coming to the rescue soon though. :roll:

• Sharon says:

It just never ends.

3. texan59 says:

Please share this with all your dum-bass liberal friends who OWN this election. :evil:

• Sharon says:

From the link:

The president is convinced Americans need to pay more in taxes. Here’s what he said yesterday.

“I think everybody out there understood that was an important debate and the majority of voters agreed with me. By the way, more voters agreed with me on this issue than voted for me! So we’ve got a clear majority of the American people who recognize if we’re gonna be serious about deficit reduction we gotta do it in a balanced way.”

Well, it’s like you said–just above:

There are those who will create a “problem” just so they can take credit for the “solution”.

………….only in this case, he has no intention of actually solving the problems he’s created. He intends to enjoy them. And that’s his Residency in a nutshell.

4. WeeWeed says:

FDR’s tasty treats made me hungry. Anyone up for an egg sammitch??

Photobucket

5. texan59 says:

Off to the sodium chloride mines all. See ya’z later.

6. nameofthepen says:

Good morning, Treepers! Meet a few of the Obamaphiles:

And, you can see an especially loyal one here:

7. Sharon says:

….. a U.S. explosives team reported five locations Obama will visit during his two-day visit to Thailand have been scanned.

The United States is interested in establishing a humanitarian and disaster relief force at U-Tapao, a naval and air force complex on the eastern seaboard built by the U.S. military during the Vietnam War.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2012/11/15/Lizards-startle-US-Secret-Service/UPI-75261352995046/#ixzz2CVXb6vHa

Three questions:

1. What did they report those five locations for?
    2. Is obama going to bow to the lizards?
    3. Have they also told them that under the current administration, humanitarian and disaster relief locations will be abandoned in the event of bad weather?

8. Sharon says:

As I check my thought I processes (which I don’t do frequently since it can be quite startling) I realize that I am really dragging my feet at consciously accepting what is apparently really going to happen to us over the medium-long haul.

I’m thinking I need to locate/buy or make a Thanksgiving Flag. I’m guessing by next year, not only will the PFL (Potus For Life) not be issuing a Thanksgiving proclamation–it will have been renamed. Perhaps Atonement Day? Perhaps Victim Celebration Day?

Our community of 20,000 is serving free turkey dinner for 500 next Thursday. Oh, where? Well, you KNOW where–at one of the large local churches. I signed up for three pies. So ashamed of myself. I’m sure the local leftists (all ten of them) are bring 7 or 8 pies each. Mustdobettermustdobetter.

Perhaps next year the top 2% (those who still have food) will each be required to serve dinner to 35 hungry individuals? If 571 each serve 35, that totals 19,985, so that will almost feed all the homeless/jobless/foodless. Fundamental transformation of America.

9. WeeWeed says:

A Birthday today! Happy Birthday to the NRA!

Photobucket

Photobucket

10. Sharon says:

Musically, this is a “heavy-sounding” arrangement of Kyrie Elison, (Lord, Have Mercy). Usually I like the more melodic arrangements, which are just more pleasant to the ear and naturally lift the spirits. However, it is clearly the case in the Psalms of David in much of the ancient/traditional sacred music that it is also appropriate to use the heavy sound, and the minor key when the subject is one of helplessness, imploring God for mercy and light.

So here ’tis….a cry from the heart in the sounds of the Greek Orthodox liturgy chants..

11. Mikado Cat says:

Anybody remember what the NRA was like say 50 years ago?

Not very political or commercial, and very vibrant teaching and promoting safe gun use. It was a low cost way to get a surplus rifle, ammo to train with in a club setting, and lots of events with kids.

12. WeeWeed says:

Bar’s open!

Photobucket

13. GracieD says:

I. Love. This. Song.

14. recoverydotgod says:

Clinton: Special Forces Need to Drink Tea and Raid Compounds
    By BOBBIE O’BRIEN
    THU MAY 24, 2012

A “Smart Power Approach” is what U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called the combined civilian and military partnership aimed at diminishing “the appeal” of terrorism for the next generation.

Secretary Clinton spoke for nearly half-an-hour Wednesday at the International Special Operations Forces Industry Gala Dinner held at the Tampa Convention Center.

“We need special operations forces who are as comfortable drinking tea with tribal leaders as raiding a terrorist compound,” Clinton said. “We also need diplomats and development experts who understand modern warfare and are up to the job of being your partners.”

[snip]

15. lovemygirl says:

Obama Boat Song

Hey Mister Taliban, Tally me Obamans
    Daylight come and I wanna go home

Daylight come and me want go home
    Shoot Obamans til the morning come
    Daylight come…

Day-o, Day-o
    Daylight come…
    Day-o, Day-o

A pitiful bunch of naive Obamans
    Daylight come…
    Hide the New Black Panthers
    Daylight come…

Day-o…etc.

Come Mister Taliban, Tally me Obamans,
    Daylight come…
    Come Mister…
    Daylight come…

I pack up all me things and I go to sea,
    Daylight come…
    Then all these Obamans see the last of me.
    Daylight come…

Day-o…etc.

16. GracieD says:

Wish y’all were here! :D

17. Menagerie says:

And my team will be number one tomorrow! Woohoo!

Photobucket

18. thefirstab says:

Don’t celebrate yet, folks….. stay tuned for next week’s game in Atlanta – go SEC!
    I previously warned y’all, stay away….. far awwaaaay…. from football comments. :D :D :D